LOLA Event Productions Reviews

137 | Chicago, IL

137 Reviews for LOLA Event Productions

tara · Married on 10/27/2012

Lori from Lola was a dream to work with and made my wedding day a success! Lori helped me take my less conventional vision of a wedding and make it a reality. She walked me through each step of the planning process, answered all my questions, helped me deal with the personal conflicts associated with wedding planning, and made the day flow so smoothly. I would highly recommend Lola!

Sent on 11/08/2012

LOLA Event Productions's reply:

Thanks Tara! We really appreciate your kind words!!!

Josh · Married on 07/28/2012

Jamie and I met the LOLA team because we are wedding photographers - and we had worked on several occasions with them. When it came time for our own wedding, we hired them without hesitation. We hope that speaks volumes. We have not only enjoyed working alongside them, we knew they were amazing and hired them ourselves!

Sent on 06/06/2014

LOLA Event Productions's reply:

The feeling is SO MUTUAL. Fun, creative and easygoing - you were fantastic clients and we absolutely love working with you in every capacity!

Maggie · Married on 06/30/2012

It was love at first sight when we met Lori. She made our vision and life so much sweeter. Just a great soul and spirit to have surround you on one of the most important days you'll experience.

Sent on 05/22/2013

LOLA Event Productions's reply:

Maggie - you are the best. Thank you so very much. Kind words from such a good soul humbles me. xo

Jessi · Married on 02/18/2012

Lori did a great job planning our wedding. We had a very short timeline (2 months) to plan it - and everything came together perfectly. Our day was magical, beautiful, and seamless. We got so many compliments on Lori from our guests, and how smooth our wedding flowed. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 02/22/2012

Tiffany · Married on 10/09/2011

If you are looking for a the fairy godmother of wedding planning who can grant all of your wishes, look no further - Lauren of LOLA is hands down the best!! Our wedding was a dream come true - literally. When we first met with Lauren, we told her our budget (below median for a Chicago wedding) and that we wanted a downtown affair with all of the trimmings and she didn't laugh in our face like other planners we met. She told us that she would make it work, and boy did she keep her promise! Lauren transformed our shoe string budget into a beautiful affair on the Chicago River and our guests have sent US thank you cards for inviting them to such a great event! And there is more - I remember our wedding day like a fairytale because Lauren took care of EVERYTHING! I didn't have one worry in my head about anything, it all got done without me knowing and I was left to just enjoyed me day as a bride - priceless and so necessary. Now I must say that before I signed the contract, I was a bit skeptical because I am a type A attorney and very detail-oriented so I thought that I would have to spend most of my time pointing out the details. Boy was I WRONG! Lauren is not only detail-oriented, but she will think of all of the things that you could never imagine! Trust me, unless you've been married before, you have no idea how those small details will turn your life upside before the wedding (i.e. jr. groomsmaids instead of jr. bridemaids to keep the numbers even on each side), and Lauren saved us every time - which is what you need! She also has tons of connections in the industry and after meeting you can put you in touch with the right vendors who fit your personality. She recommended our cake vendor, photographer, etc and all of them turned out perfectly and worked well with my overbearing personality, lol. She knows her stuff too! She is very smart and knows the industry like the back of her hand which is what I wanted - she is like a priceless book of wedding information and no website or DIY book can EVER compare to her services. And she is professional and nice too. Like ulta professional and really nice. Like so nice that my husband and I still talk about how much we miss her two months after the wedding. My husband complained about the cost of everything (typical groom) but to this day he always says this, "Lauren was the best investment we ever made, if I had to do it all over again, hiring her would be the first thing I do!" I wholeheartedly agree. So take it from a picky, type A attorney who is very hard to please - there is no wedding planner greater than Lauren from LOLA!

Sent on 12/06/2011

Emily · Married on 08/20/2011

Our wedding (August 20, 2011) was AMAZING thanks to Lori and her staff at LOLA. I actually found our venue first (Hotel Allegro), and the event manager at the hotel recommended Lori to me when I mentioned we wanted to use a wedding coordinator. I am so glad we went with Lori!! I had a general idea of things I wanted and am pretty decisive, but I never would have put together the whole concept Lori helped us create. She really got to know us and made sure we had exactly what we wanted at our wedding. She also has a huge list of top-notch vendors she works with, which made it so easy to book a band, decor/flowers, invitations, photographer, everything! Every vendor she recommended produced beautiful work, was really reliable and fit our personalities. And the BEST thing about Lori... she handled my control crazy mother wonderfully!!!

A little more about our experience: We did the "Little Bit of LOLA" package, which included 5-6 meetings with Lori, super helpful planning resources/documents, all of her connections to vendors, unlimited email contact, and day-of-services. During our initial meeting, we talked about my vision for the wedding and things that were a priority (band, decor), and then worked on budget that would allocate our money to those priorities. This was so helpful as I had no idea what wedding things actually cost, and I didn't realize how many options you can play around with to maximize your budget. After our meeting, she sent me planning documents and a timeline that were instrumental in keeping us on budget and on time. I never felt stressed during the planning process because Lori broke everything down into manageable tasks we would tackle each month. Every time I emailed her a question, she responded quickly, and was particularly helpful when we needed to talk to vendors and make sure we were getting what we wanted. We even got to do "show and tells" with 2 decor companies to see how they would set up our flowers, centerpieces, linen, etc, and then choose between the 2. Lori was always prepared and super organized for our meetings, which immediately made me trust that everything would be taken care of on our wedding day. On the wedding day, I never had to worry once because I knew she was handling the church, the vendors, flowers, transportation, the band, even details I didn't know needed to be taken care of. Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous, and SO many of our guests commented that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! I would definitely recommend LOLA, particularly Lori, if you are looking for a professional, reliable and fun wedding coordinator.

Sent on 09/03/2011

Cara · Married on 07/01/2011

I am shocked to read DC Monki's review of Lauren Carter. So much so that I feel that I must leave another review from our wedding in July. Usually, I wouldn't wait five months to post a review of a service...

Even though our wedding was on an extremely tight budget, Lauren's design and decor won us the Style Me Pretty July Chicago award. Her taste is impeccable. Her suggestions, floral advice, and timing put together the most memorable evening.

Lauren was reliable, efficient, and met with me over the course of several months to help me plan. She suggested incredible and reliable vendors that provided us with a classic feel. She accompanied us to all of the vendor meetings, helping us feel comfortable. She suggested new ideas in front and with the vendors, showing us that she cares about the design and feel of a space, while making sure we stayed within our budget.

Lauren found us a DJ, a string trio, a florist, transportation, a caterer (Ken at Blue Plate is AMAZING), and an event designer that made Cafe Brauer feel even more beautiful than it already is. The pictures below speak for themselves. Her connections with the best (and reasonable) vendors speak to her professionalism and character.

Lauren Carter is a tremendous wedding planner. I am so proud of our wedding and Lauren helped us achieve a perfect day.

Sent on 12/06/2011

Cara · Married on 07/01/2011

Thank goodness for Lauren of LOLA Event Productions! She made our wedding beautiful, easy, and most of all FUN! We had a stress-free, love-filled day and it was all because of Lauren's hard work. She was uhhmazing!

Sent on 05/22/2013

LOLA Event Productions's reply:

Thank you so much fot taking the time to leave such great words for Lauren! Happy anniversary coming up in a couple months!!!

Katie · Married on 06/11/2011

Lauren was my wedding planner and to say she is amazing really doesn't do it justice. We had less than 9 months to plan an extravagant Chicago wedding and it never would have happened without her. It is challenging to hone in on her best characteristics because there are so many!! She has a great energy and is always willing to help. I kept telling her that I'm pretty sure I'm not paying you to do this but her goal is to make sure your wedding day is flawless and fun. Lauren has established relationships with amazing vendors and they work together so well. All of her suggestions are fantastic and without her trying to find even a "florist" or "event designer" would have taken me forever!! She is also open to any suggestion you have and doesnt demand you use certain people. On the day of the wedding, she allowed my VERY type A personality to take a break because I knew everything was in good hands. To say I am control freak doesnt really do it justice, but I trusted her with one of the most important days of my life and that says a lot!! Our day was flawless because of Mrs Lauren Carter. Not only did I work with a great wedding planner, she also became a great friend. Can I get married again just so she can plan it??

Sent on 09/13/2012

Hartej · Married on 09/18/2010

Where do I begin? Tara, you are awesome. We went and met about 4 other wedding planners before we were recommended to Tara at Lola Events. At the first meeting we liked her immediately. She really listened to what we wanted to do (even though we kinda didn't have a lot of direction yet), and got us going in the right direction....with a very pleasant personality. She wasn't pushy, and set us up with great vendors. She really made great fits for us, and was very conscientious of staying on budget. We did a contemporary Indian style wedding and recpetion at the Ritz-Carlton in September 2010. She was always meeting with us at many of the vendors, and when she wasn't able to join us, she set everything up and got us up to speed for those meetings....very, very on top of things. Over the course of the 3 months we gave ourselves to put this all together, we really became friends with Tara, and had a lot of fun through the process. Yes, we were stressed, but she was always reassuring that we would get it done. Even though she had a wedding already scheduled the day before ours, she was still there for the day of, and really did a gret job coordinating everything. We would not have been able to keep our heads screwed on straight the day of, if it weren't for Tara.......she even escorted my 83 yr old father to and from his seat to make his speech......she realy did a phenomenal job with our event......Thank you so much for all your help Tara! BAM!

Sent on 02/02/2011

Katrina · Married on 09/11/2010

We worked with Lori on our wedding in September 2010. We had a different experience than most working with Lori because we had already selected a venue, caterer, wedding dress, photographer and had a clear idea of the style and decor we wanted for the wedding. We met a few times and talked about how we wanted the wedding to look and feel and then got down to work. Lori always gave us options for each additional choice we needed to make (Floral, Makeup, ect). She was very good at letting me feel like I was driving the car and she was navigating - which is exactly what I wanted. She handled all the interactions with the Vendors leading up to the wedding - confirming with them and getting me a payment worksheet so I could keep all the checks straight.

On the actual wedding day itself she was flawless. She picked up my programs from the printer, she got everyone organized and in the right spots. When I called that morning and asked if she could print our vows onto cards for us it was a "no problem!" and of course the vows came printed and mounted on paper that matched our invites. There was a problem with our ceremony room just prior to the ceremony which Lori solved quickly and I never even knew until after the wedding was over (which is EXACTLY how it should be).

I think the last thing I would mention is that Lori is easy to work with and has a great heart. It is easy to feel comfortable with her and she takes great care of her brides. She is supportive (and God knows ladies that is going to be important trust me) and you can call her during those "everything is going wrong" moments and she will talk you down off that ledge.

Thanks Lori for a wonderful wedding - your the best!

Sent on 09/28/2010

Amrita · Married on 06/19/2010

Tara really made our wedding day possible. Without her, I can't even imagine all the stressful events that I might have had to face! She was so professional and was able to handle parental drama and to keep everyone happy and blissfully oblivious of any mishaps. I would recommend Lola Events Productions hands down!

Sent on 07/27/2010

Eileen · Married on 06/11/2010

Lori Stephenson from LOLA was a godsend in the planning of my daughter's wedding. My daughter is very artistic and wanted to do many tasks herself. Lori was great with giving her specific timelines. The day of could not have been more perfect in great part from vendor recommendations, organization, and implementation from Lori.

Sent on 06/22/2010

Lisa · Married on 05/22/2010

Absolutely great! We highly recommend Lori at LOLA Event Productions! She took away all the stress and no detail gets passed her. She truly made our wedding one of a kind!

Sent on 06/05/2010

Laurie · Married on 05/22/2010

After intervewing 3 wedding planners, we knew Lori Stevenson at Lola Event Productions would be the one to pull off the wedding WE wanted. She is willing to break the rules. She listened to our requests, and figured out great, practical and reasonable ways to make everything happen. I felt like a guest at my daughter's wedding. Every detail was attended to by Lori, and I only wish the night could have gone on forever.
    Laurie Glenner

Sent on 06/05/2010

Natalia · Married on 05/01/2010

Lori from LOLA was just plain awesome! We planned our wedding from out of town and with crazy work schedules as physicians. She was always available for us- day or night, by phone or email. All of our meetings with Lori were very well-organized, thought-out, and planned. She also has tons of experience working in Chicago- It gave us such peace of mind that she had worked with just about everyone in Chicago; we knew we could trust her recommendations. She was also very creative in offering cost-saving techniques to keep our final cost down. For example, she created several types of centerpieces so that we saved even more money on flowers without sacrificing the overall look of our reception. The end result was absolutely beautiful- our guests thought that we had no budget on our wedding because of how wonderful everything looked!

Lori as an individual to work with is just plain awesome! She was always very well-prepared to our meetings while being incredibly up-beat, fun, and positive. We also loved meeting with her- she made stressful wedding planning fun! Lori always had our best interests in mind.

We are happy to report that our wedding was truly a dream come true. Lori helped design and organize every aspect of the day. On our wedding day, we looked around at our reception and couldn’t believe that this was our wedding day- it was straight out of a wedding magazine! Everything was breathtakingly beautiful. Our entire wedding day was run so smoothly and stress-free. Lori gave us a weekend that we will always cherish.

Sent on 05/07/2010

Natalia · Married on 05/01/2010

Sent on 05/07/2010

Stephanie · Married on 08/22/2009

When my husband and I got engaged, there was no question that we would get married in Chicago….it was the place we met and fell in love. Simple enough, right? First problem, we live in Colorado. Second problem, I was going into my final year of law school. I knew that I would need help and fate smiled on me when I found Lori from Lola Event Productions. Lori helped us create the perfect day! She found the venue, helped us choose vendors, kept us on track with our wedding timeline and tasks, untangled our homemade mobiles, and created the most beautiful flower arrangements I have ever seen. Lori is organized, thoughtful, honest, enthusiastic, creative, so easy and fun to work with, and infinitely talented. Because we had Lori and the Lola team, our day was flawless (and even if it wasn’t I didn’t know it, because Lori was there to handle everything); I was able to enjoy my wedding and simply be in the moment; I had no worries and instead have the most treasured memories. When we got our pictures back from the photographer I truly understood how lucky we were…as I went through the photos I realized that I actually had a memory of each moment. I could certainly go on and on, but there really aren’t enough words to say how highly we recommend working with Lori and Lola.

Sent on 01/04/2010

Johanna · Married on 06/06/2009

Lori from LOLA was incredible. My husband & I would recommend LOLA to anyone and everyone. We picked the week of wedding package. Throughout our whole wedding planning process, Lori was always available and very responsive when we needed to bounce ideas off of someone. I did not stress out at any single moment on the day of our wedding. We were able to enjoy the day for everything it was and not worry about a single vendor or what needed to happen next during the day. Lori did all the floral from our bouquets to all the centerpieces at the reception. My bouquet was one of a kind and so elegant. Our floral was tasteful, beautiful and she gave us great tips on saving money without skimping on appearance. We can't thank Lori enough for helping our day go off without a hitch.

Sent on 08/25/2009
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 04/25/2009

Lori from Lola is fantastic! Lori was our day-of coordinator as well as our florist, and she was amazing at both jobs. We had a limited floral budget, and Lori used her creativity to make simply stunning arrangements. I still daydream about my bouquet :) Also, she took care of everything on the day of the wedding--working with the caterer and site coordinator, giving directions to delivery guys, setting up the centerpieces--so I didn't have to worry about a thing. She even superglued a broken champagne flute back together in time for dinner. Lori made our wedding stress-free, which is all most brides can ask for!

Sent on 06/04/2009

Aurora · Married on 03/07/2009

Originally I did not think I needed a DOC. I am a Type-A personality and was pretty on top of all the wedding details. But after my Mom spoke with many recent brides she thought we should look into it. Lauren at LOLA was recommended by both our venue and a close friend. She was FABULOUS and was definitely worth every penny we spent on her. I do not regret the decision in least and I can not imagine the day without her. Her day-of package is really more like a week-of package. She put together our entire timeline, connected with all the vendors prior to the day and helped run the rehearsal. She kept me calm throughout the day and allowed my family and I to sit back and relax and enjoy the party.

Sent on 04/07/2009

Courtney · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I hired Michelle from LOLA as our day of planner. I had been obsessed with Michelle’s work for years, as I knew her from my sorority in college. I knew that Michelle would help in creating an absolutely beautiful day. Hiring Michelle as the day of planner was far beyond my expectations! Michelle provided so much guidance through the whole process. From helping with catering to joining me when meeting with florist, Michelle was supportive and honest during planning. She gave us great advice and insight, and she was able to help us find difficult vendors. Without Michelle’s connections, we would have not been able to find the Brazilian dancers that we so badly wanted. Within hours, we had multiple options for dance companies that offer Brazilian dancers in Chicago. The most crucial thing about Michelle is that she has great relationships and knowledge of different vendors. Because Michelle personally knew my florist and the coordinator from my catering company/venue, everything flowed so smoothly. There were NO major hiccups in the day, and I had no stress whatsoever thanks to Michelle. Everything the day of was so organized, and there was absolutely nothing to worry about. I have gotten so many compliments from guests stating how great of a wedding it was. Thank you so much for all of your help Michelle and for ensuring that we had an amazing and FUN wedding day!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Maryellen · Married on 07/03/2017

Great and extremely helpful team. Would not have wanted to do it without them

Sent on 08/02/2017

KC · Married on 07/02/2016

Hiring Lauren Prado from Lola was probably the single best decision made during my wedding planning process (after choosing the groom, of course) ;) I was thrilled with every single little detail of the day which I know she orchestrated in the background!! She was amazing at listening carefully to my hopes for the day and putting them into action. I loved all the vendors we hired but Lauren was the final and key piece of the important puzzle. I never dealt with a vendor call or an emergency or guests changing seats or anything like that even though I know they existed. Lauren dealt with them all and I just got to have the best day ever. I can't stress it enough: HIRE HER!!!!!

Sent on 07/13/2016

We fired our first wedding planner a few months in, and switched to Daniela at LOLA Events. We got her for a day-of plus package. In sum, she was absolutely amazing. Our wedding was complicated - involving multiple venues, 200+ guests, 4+ buses, and a highly demanding client (me). Plus, it was in Wisconsin in a city where Daniela had never done a wedding before. But our big day ran incredibly smoothly. In fact, we didn't notice anything that went wrong the entire day. Daniela and her team were a huge reason that things went so well - and she was a true delight to work with throughout the entire process. I absolutely recommend Daniela and LOLA to anyone who is engaged. We just wish we would have gone with them from the beginning. :)

Sent on 09/22/2015