Lois Heckman, Celebrant Reviews

113 | Saylorsburg, PA

113 Reviews for Lois Heckman, Celebrant

Katie B · Getting married on 06/06/2022

Our Day, Our Way

We decided to elope 2 weeks ahead of time. We then realized with COVID the government building were shut down and there was a delay to get our marriage license. We kept Lois updated with these events, then 4 days before our wedding we asked her to officiate. She managed to put together a beautiful ceremony. Never meeting us (only having us fill out a quick questionnaire) and only talking on the phone for 10 minutes, she somehow made a ceremony that was perfect for us. She used quotes that would be impactful for us, followed traditions and rituals that we wanted, and made the whole day perfect. Harmony Gardens was a beautiful spot with a little gazebo for our little dance party afterwards and lots of amazing photo spots.

Sent on 07/07/2020

Juliana Washko · Getting married on 11/10/2021

Dream wedding!!

Lois was so wonderful to work with! She is truly great at what she does, and we are beyond happy with how our ceremony turned out. The ceremony she wrote was such a beautiful representation of our story and our beliefs and values. We had so many guests saying how amazing the ceremony was afterward. Highly recommend Lois!!

Sent on 11/14/2020
  • Stephany

Stephany Rivas · Getting married on 05/10/2021

LGBTQ+ friendly

Perfect Elopement, Lois even incorporated our 11 year old son into our wedding. Very professional, friendly, fun and super involved into making our elopement dream come true. Would recommend and definitely use again for our vow renewal.

Sent on 11/04/2020
  • Patricia

Patricia · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Cannot recommend Lois enough

I couldn't ask for a better celebrant for our wedding! I am glad we were able to share our special day with Lois. My husband and I were completely clueless when it came to how to plan a wedding ceremony, Lois was there every step of the way to help us.

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Sylvia

Sylvia Orner · Married on 10/31/2020

A beautiful and personal celebration

Lois created such an amazing ceremony for me and my husband. It was so beautiful and personal, and I think it made our whole wedding day that much more special. She really took the time to get to know us both as a couple and as individuals, and it really made all the difference in making our ceremony a unique and memorable experience for us and for our family.

Sent on 11/19/2020
  • Kirsy

Kirsy Taveras · Married on 04/04/2020

Wedding day:

This was last minute thing. I just thank God that she said yes to us. April 4th is so special to us that we didn’t want to lose this date at all. I am so happy we did get married today!!!
    I’m so blessed. Lois is such a sweet heart, I personally would tell everyone to go to her ❤️ Today was prefect!!

Sent on 04/04/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/09/2019

Lois = the best

We met Lois through our wedding venue. She instantly stood out to us, with her warm smile and friendly, genuine demeanor. Lois took the time to listen to our story, really engage with us, and get to know us, before she wrote our ceremony. Lois was great about communicating with us as she worked, and was so receptive to any input we had. Though, to be honest, she did such a wonderful job, we didn't really need to make any changes! Our ceremony was so well-executed! Lois truly did an exceptional job incorporating our story, departed loved ones, and even our slightly unruly dog into the ceremony. All of our guests were in happy tears, and we are still getting compliments on our sweet ceremony! My husband and I highly recommend Lois. She is a rock star!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Jenn

Jenn Dieter · Married on 10/20/2019

Perfect perfect perfect

Lois is amazing. Our day would not have been as perfect without her. Thank you so very much ❤️

Sent on 10/21/2019

Lois Heckman, Celebrant's reply:

thanks so much Jenn - i loved working with you and Bryan and including the boys was so special ... and thanks for including that photo.

Eileen · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing from the first minute

Lois was absolutely fabulous! From the moment I spoke to her on the phone I felt so comfortable with her and I just knew she was the right person for us. She put so much effort into getting to know us and making our ceremony so personal and not just a cookie cutter wedding. She worked with us all the way to make sure everything was the way we wanted. And always responded to my million questions so quickly. We got married 12 days ago and we are still getting compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was! Thank you Lois for a day we will never forget!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Tetyana Mokrytska · Married on 08/21/2019

Lovely ceremony

Lois was very professional and the ceremony was amazing, she followed us every step of the way making the process easier. We didn't hire a bridal planner but we had lois and she really helped with guiding us step by step. I would highly recommend

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/04/2019

Our ceremony was a dream come true!

Lois is absolutely amazing!!! Our guests are still raving about her! We were not looking for the “traditional” wedding ceremony. Instead we wanted something that was warm, comical, and inspiring to our guests and Lois delivered exactly what we were looking for! I’m so happy she was a part of making my wedding dream become my reality!!! I can’t thank Lois enough for being a part of making our wedding day as perfect as it was! 💜 Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Compher · Married on 06/22/2019

A true dedicated professional

Within the past 24 hour Lois officiated my brother’s wedding, which was held at the top of camelback. She arrived early to allay any last minute concerns that we have had and was able to respectfully answer questions relative to the flow of the ceremony. She did an amazing job, Lois is is a true professional, and was able to capture both the bride and groom’s unique personalities to perform a truly personal and loving ceremony, one that was talked favorably about all night. Thank you Lois for going above and beyond and for successfully combating the blustery day and for essentially setting a positive tone for the remainder of the evening.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Jamie Burris · Married on 02/23/2019

Say yes to Lois Heckman!

Wow, we were so impressed with Lois Heckman from her first message all the way until we left her property! She responds quickly and does her very best to accommodate you (even on short notice.) The way she tailored the ceremony "script" to our own story was incredible! How she took the extra time and creativity with this was very special. Not to mention her lovely grounds, Harmony Gardens, which are beautiful even in the winter. I highly recommend Lois. You will not be disappointed, in fact you will get more than what you were expecting and you will be glad you chose her to marry you.

Sent on 02/25/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Swartzlander · Married on 01/11/2019

Perfection

Our ceremony was absolutely perfect. Lois and I had planned together for over a year. I felt like I had known her my whole life. I remember when I found her online, I e-mailed her saying "Will you marry us?" and she contacted me within minutes and by the evening we were on the phone chatting away. She is very personable and takes her job seriously. She took our love story and turned it into a ceremony that not a single one of my guests will forget. It was unique and 100% us. This was exactly what we wanted. She walked me through everything and put together the most memorable script. I smiled, I cried, I laughed, and just like she said "...and by the end of the day you're married!" Love you Lois!!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Erin · Married on 12/17/2018

A truly wonderful celebrant

My wife and I had a very intimate elopement, just us, Lois and one other witness to capture photographs. For us, it was one of the most beautiful moments of our lives. Lois prepared a ceremony that was incredibly meaningful, suited to us as a couple and elegant in its wording. We are very grateful to Lois for helping to make our wedding day so special.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Amira Jones · Married on 10/13/2018

Mr. and Mrs. Burkhart

Lois was great. She accepted us with open arms. I loved that she walked us through step by step. So stress free! Wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Tessa

Tessa · Married on 09/01/2018

Lois was an absolute dream! Book her now before she fills up :)

Lois was our celebrant for our ceremony and she was an absolutely delight to work with. We cannot say enough amazing things about her. She was very supportive leading up to the event as we discussed our ceremony vision and we felt she truly wanted to make our ceremony something unique for us. And that she did! People were blown away by our ceremony and we have Lois to thank for that - literally people said it was the best ceremony they have ever experienced. We wanted a personal ceremony which felt intimate but also included some important traditions (13 coins-Arras/Irish Blessings/tree planting together) and our back story of how we came about and why we love each other. Lois beautifully weaved together a narrative that honored our past/heritage, our parents, embraced the present and got us excited about our future. While the ceremony was happening, I almost pinched myself because I felt like I was in a dream because it was so perfect. Lois is authentic, loving, detailed, funny (at just the right times) and she is a very talented writer. A ceremony is incredibly important part of the wedding that no couple should overlook or de-prioritize. Look no further and book Lois right away before she fills up. Would give her 6 stars if I could. Lois, we want to thank from the bottom of our hearts. You were absolute perfection!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Theresa · Married on 06/08/2018

Lois is absolutely amazing!! She went above & beyond to make sure we had the most perfect wedding day. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that fit my husband and I so well. Our whole family loved how intimate and special she made our day. I most of had a hundred questions and Lois always answered right away and helped with whatever we needed. I wish I could relive our wedding over & over again. Harmony gardens is such a beautiful & magical place!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Allison · Married on 10/27/2017

Lois officiated our small wedding ceremony of 13 people. She was very responsive from our initial contact and throughout the entire process. She took the time to get to know us and listen to what we wanted to include in the ceremony. She provides a rough draft of the ceremony well before the wedding date and is very receptive to any changes requested. She is an eloquent speaker and we couldn't have been happier with the final outcome. Our family and friends all agreed it was the perfect ceremony. Thanks Lois!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

Lois did a wonderful job for our ceremony on 10/21/17. We got so much positive feedback on our ceremony. I knew right away that Lois was the right fit for us because she spent time getting to know us & made our ceremony beyond special. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2017

Lois is absolutely wonderful. She made my day so special and customized. She was open to hearing our thoughts and opinions. She was flexible, considerate, and extremely professional. Harmony gardens was just lovely. The amount of time and dedication she put into our ceremony is unparallel. Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Sherry · Married on 09/23/2017

Lois was great! She performed a beautiful ceremony for our daughter's wedding. She was flexible with the time of the ceremony and was able to adapt quickly when a family member could not attend at the last minute.
    The venue Harmony Gardens was perfect!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Christine · Married on 09/15/2017

Lois performed a wonderful ceremony for us. Our guests really enjoyed it. I am so happy we did our own vows and how it made it so much more personal for the two of us. Lois did a great job on capturing our story and sharing it with everyone, It was everything we wanted, since we wanted to keep the religious and church vibe out of it. She was very helpful along the way with any questions we had or tips to help write our vows. Her positive energy and laid back manner made it so easy to work with her and made the experience that much more enjoyable and natural on us. Thank you for that! We had a great time at our wedding and the day was everything we hoped and wanted it to be. I still can't believe how it poured for the ceremony and was gone for the cocktail hour!!!
    Thanks again Lois and be well!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/21/2017

Lois was super amazing at officiating our wedding. Took time to hear our story and learn who we are as people, integrated that perfectly into the ceremony. Very responsive and flexible when it came to any concerns we had or things we wanted to alter. Was also able to recommend a ton of different ceremony traditions (union candle, for example) which was super awesome, let us find one which was right for us. Lois is 100% QUALITY! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Kristin · Married on 07/15/2017

Lois was absolutely amazing every step of the way!!! We were unsure how our family would take us not being in a church. But every family member and guest said how amazing she was and how beautiful our ceremony was. She even want to pick up our marriage license for us. Can say enough amazing things about her!!!!!!

Sent on 08/03/2017