Lois Heckman, Celebrant Reviews

100 | Saylorsburg, PA

100 Reviews for Lois Heckman, Celebrant

Jamie Burris · Married on 02/23/2019

Say yes to Lois Heckman!

Wow, we were so impressed with Lois Heckman from her first message all the way until we left her property! She responds quickly and does her very best to accommodate you (even on short notice.) The way she tailored the ceremony "script" to our own story was incredible! How she took the extra time and creativity with this was very special. Not to mention her lovely grounds, Harmony Gardens, which are beautiful even in the winter. I highly recommend Lois. You will not be disappointed, in fact you will get more than what you were expecting and you will be glad you chose her to marry you.

Sent on 02/25/2019

Erin · Married on 12/17/2018

A truly wonderful celebrant

My wife and I had a very intimate elopement, just us, Lois and one other witness to capture photographs. For us, it was one of the most beautiful moments of our lives. Lois prepared a ceremony that was incredibly meaningful, suited to us as a couple and elegant in its wording. We are very grateful to Lois for helping to make our wedding day so special.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Amira Jones · Married on 10/13/2018

Mr. and Mrs. Burkhart

Lois was great. She accepted us with open arms. I loved that she walked us through step by step. So stress free! Wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Theresa · Married on 06/08/2018

Lois is absolutely amazing!! She went above & beyond to make sure we had the most perfect wedding day. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that fit my husband and I so well. Our whole family loved how intimate and special she made our day. I most of had a hundred questions and Lois always answered right away and helped with whatever we needed. I wish I could relive our wedding over & over again. Harmony gardens is such a beautiful & magical place!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Allison · Married on 10/27/2017

Lois officiated our small wedding ceremony of 13 people. She was very responsive from our initial contact and throughout the entire process. She took the time to get to know us and listen to what we wanted to include in the ceremony. She provides a rough draft of the ceremony well before the wedding date and is very receptive to any changes requested. She is an eloquent speaker and we couldn't have been happier with the final outcome. Our family and friends all agreed it was the perfect ceremony. Thanks Lois!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

Lois did a wonderful job for our ceremony on 10/21/17. We got so much positive feedback on our ceremony. I knew right away that Lois was the right fit for us because she spent time getting to know us & made our ceremony beyond special. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2017

Lois is absolutely wonderful. She made my day so special and customized. She was open to hearing our thoughts and opinions. She was flexible, considerate, and extremely professional. Harmony gardens was just lovely. The amount of time and dedication she put into our ceremony is unparallel. Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Sherry · Married on 09/23/2017

Lois was great! She performed a beautiful ceremony for our daughter's wedding. She was flexible with the time of the ceremony and was able to adapt quickly when a family member could not attend at the last minute.
    The venue Harmony Gardens was perfect!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Christine · Married on 09/15/2017

Lois performed a wonderful ceremony for us. Our guests really enjoyed it. I am so happy we did our own vows and how it made it so much more personal for the two of us. Lois did a great job on capturing our story and sharing it with everyone, It was everything we wanted, since we wanted to keep the religious and church vibe out of it. She was very helpful along the way with any questions we had or tips to help write our vows. Her positive energy and laid back manner made it so easy to work with her and made the experience that much more enjoyable and natural on us. Thank you for that! We had a great time at our wedding and the day was everything we hoped and wanted it to be. I still can't believe how it poured for the ceremony and was gone for the cocktail hour!!!
    Thanks again Lois and be well!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/21/2017

Lois was super amazing at officiating our wedding. Took time to hear our story and learn who we are as people, integrated that perfectly into the ceremony. Very responsive and flexible when it came to any concerns we had or things we wanted to alter. Was also able to recommend a ton of different ceremony traditions (union candle, for example) which was super awesome, let us find one which was right for us. Lois is 100% QUALITY! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Kristin · Married on 07/15/2017

Lois was absolutely amazing every step of the way!!! We were unsure how our family would take us not being in a church. But every family member and guest said how amazing she was and how beautiful our ceremony was. She even want to pick up our marriage license for us. Can say enough amazing things about her!!!!!!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2017

I loved Lois, talking to her on the phone I knew she was perfect for what we wanted. The most important part of your wedding day is the ceremony. She created a ceremony for us that included all we are, how we got to our wedding day and our vows for the future. You can not put a price on that. Remember: You have friends and family at the ceremony who may not have the opportunity to know your "love story" (cliche I know) and since you are including them in your special day let Lois help tell your story. Fyi our mothers loved their special moment of getting their flowers handed to them in the middle of the ceremony and our unity tree is being planted as we speak

Sent on 05/28/2017

kaitlyn · Married on 04/08/2017

Lois created the most beautiful wedding ceremony for us. It was everything we had hoped for it to be and even a little more! She met with us to understand what we wanted in our ceremony and gave us lots of ideas to think about to include in our ceremony. She included the few things that we wanted in our ceremony perfectly. After reading the first draft of the ceremony, I knew we picked the best!

On our wedding day, she delivered the ceremony with such enthusiasm and happiness! While walking around to our guests during the reception, we received so many compliments on the ceremony! We highly recommend Lois!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Lori · Married on 01/07/2017

Lois was a pleasure to work with. She really took the time to write and plan a beautiful service that fit us perfectly. We are so grateful for her help in making our celebration taylored just for us. Thank you so much, Lois!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Jacob · Married on 12/31/2016

My wife and I can not thank Lois enough for wonderful care in the crafting of our ceremony and her wonderful attention to detail! Lois made the whole process associated with the ceremony and the crafting of our vows simple and an absolute pleasure. Her experience was invaluable and she was always a phone call or email away. I would highly recommend Lois's services as our ceremony was flawless and exactly how my wife and I pictured it! We can not thank Lois enough for being an integral part of our day!!!

Sent on 01/26/2017

A · Married on 12/17/2016

Lois was a wonderful officiant. She met with us once, then through email and phone conversations tailored our ceremony to be exactly what we wanted. We couldn't have been happier! Several of our guests commented on how personal and special our ceremony was because of her.

Sent on 01/07/2017

laura · Married on 11/05/2016

Lois was great. I cannot say enough good things about her. She made our ceremony so incredibly special. She took the time to meet with us and to continue to stay in touch with us from our first meeting until the day of our wedding. We filled out a few things for her and then she transformed what we said into the most beautiful wedding ceremony. We told her that we wanted people to walk away from the ceremony and say "wow" and they absolutely did. We have gotten compliment after compliment about how great and personal our ceremony was. It was exactly what we wanted when we first started thinking about our wedding. I would encourage any couple looking for somebody to marry them to start with Lois. I cannot imagine that there is somebody out there that could do better. She was just great.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 09/02/2016

We couldn't have found a better celebrant than Lois! She was extremely kind, clear, and helpful throughout the planning process and was willing to work with us to make the ceremony perfect. Living across the country, we didn't even get to meet her face-to-face until the day of the wedding. However, that was never a problem at all - she was so responsive and knowledgable via phone and email that it wasn't even necessary to meet. One of the best services she offers is that she will write your ceremony speech early on and give you time to read and critique it with her until it's just the way you want it - no surprises and no stress! All I can say is that our ceremony ended up wonderful, a lot thanks to Lois. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a fun, loving, and creative celebrant to make their day perfect!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 08/27/2016

Lois was absolutely wonderful to work with. She truly cares about every couple who she marries. Therefore, she puts significant time and effort into ensuring that your ceremony exceeds your (and your guests) expectations. Lois was able to take our love story and portray it so beautifully. She will always now hold a special place in our hearts for helping to make our wedding day so perfect! If you are looking to have the most exceptional ceremony, then have Lois officiate your wedding.

Sent on 09/14/2016

If you’re looking for a custom ceremony, then you need to contact Lois Heckman. There are so many wonderful aspects to working with Lois and having her officiate your wedding; it’s hard to decide where to begin. We knew we wanted a ceremony that was unique and shared more about our relationship, finding Lois was the perfect answer. From the 1st phone conversation, we knew Lois was the Celebrant to give us the ceremony of our dreams. She opened her home to us for our 1st meeting, to allow her to get to know us, and we to get to know her. One thing I really appreciated was something Lois said during that meeting; she doesn’t book at the first meeting, she wants the couple to sleep on it and be sure it was the right fit. It was definitely the right fit and we eagerly booked her the next day. If you’re considering a smaller celebration, located on her beautiful property is a private ceremony site, Harmony Gardens, we did not utilize this space but it is enchanting! From there, Lois requests the completion of bride & groom questionnaires to help develop a personalized ceremony; this was a little daunting to complete at first but we actually had a wonderful time reminiscing and sharing our responses after Lois provided her first draft. We were able to make as many edits as necessary (there weren’t many, Lois nailed it in the first draft). Her kit provided many suggestions on vows, unity rituals, marriage regulations, etc. Lois supported us in determining a unity ritual that perfectly matched our personalities and devoted relationship, she also offered encouraging words when moments of stress arose. Lois arrived to our venue early to ensure everything was going smoothly and to finalize our marriage certificate, her wealth of knowledge and personality is very comforting. Our guests are still raving about how wonderful the ceremony was, many have said, it’s the best ceremony they have ever witnessed. We have Lois (telling our story) to thank for that.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Kassy · Married on 06/04/2016

Matt and I were married 6/4/2016! We had such a wonderful experience with Lois. She is beyond professional, and she had so many wonderful suggestions to really customize our ceremony. I am one who is not too religious, and I did not want many religious references in my ceremony. Lois was able to really work around this and she made it more spiritual, which was fantastic! The ceremony was so personal and close to the both of us, we were so pleased with how it came out. We had several guests let us know that they appreciated the thoughtfulness and how personal it was. It was truly a joy and honor to have Lois officiate our service! She is a gem!!!
    Kassy Shenberger

Sent on 06/28/2016

Dara · Married on 06/04/2016

Lois did an amazing job getting to know my husband and I through the interview process. She was able to personalize our interfaith ceremony to really bring out our relationship. Even the day of when we were worried about the rain, she quickly cut out a few parts of the ceremony just in case it rained! She made the process really easy and we were able to approve the entire ceremony well before our wedding day!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Karen · Married on 05/21/2016

Lois is the BEST! My husband and I were married by Lois at her lovely Harmony Gardens area by her home...beautiful landscaping, including flowers, natural water fountain, nearby pond, large gazebo with a natural stone floor, an altar rock. Amazing experience! Lois customizes each of her ceremonies to fit every couple individually. She really appreciates the importance of each ceremony she officiates. She is very understanding, friendly, helpful, and creative - and she responds QUICKLY to any communication you send her way, whether by e-mail, phone, or regular mail. She even helped my husband and I (as well as all of our guests) feel more at ease and less nervous about our special day - we cannot recommend her highly enough! P.S. We felt the services Lois provides are a wonderful value for what you receive.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Dwain · Married on 04/23/2016

On behalf of my wife and I, I can undoubtedly say that Lois was the key that made our day both memorable and special in every detail. As we all know, planning a wedding in any capacity can be a bit stressful, however Lois possesses a unique ability to make everyone in her presence feel welcomed and calm. She made our ceremony one of the most memorable not only for us, but everyone in attendance. We could not have asked for a better day in a better environment.
    I HIGHLY recommend her and Harmony Gardens for your special day!!!

Sent on 05/01/2016