Lois Heckman, Celebrant Reviews

Lois Heckman, Celebrant 3
  • Patricia

Patricia · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Cannot recommend Lois enough

I couldn't ask for a better celebrant for our wedding! I am glad we were able to share our special day with Lois. My husband and I were completely clueless when it came to how to plan a wedding ceremony, Lois was there every step of the way to help us.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Eileen · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing from the first minute

Lois was absolutely fabulous! From the moment I spoke to her on the phone I felt so comfortable with her and I just knew she was the right person for us. She put so much effort into getting to know us and making our ceremony so personal and not just a cookie cutter wedding. She worked with us all the way to make sure everything was the way we wanted. And always responded to my million questions so quickly. We got married 12 days ago and we are still getting compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was! Thank you Lois for a day we will never forget!

Sent on 10/16/2019
    Lois Heckman, Celebrant 4
    Lois Heckman, Celebrant 5
    Lois Heckman, Celebrant 6

Tetyana Mokrytska · Married on 08/21/2019

Lovely ceremony

Lois was very professional and the ceremony was amazing, she followed us every step of the way making the process easier. We didn't hire a bridal planner but we had lois and she really helped with guiding us step by step. I would highly recommend

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/04/2019

Our ceremony was a dream come true!

Lois is absolutely amazing!!! Our guests are still raving about her! We were not looking for the “traditional” wedding ceremony. Instead we wanted something that was warm, comical, and inspiring to our guests and Lois delivered exactly what we were looking for! I’m so happy she was a part of making my wedding dream become my reality!!! I can’t thank Lois enough for being a part of making our wedding day as perfect as it was! 💜 Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Compher · Married on 06/22/2019

A true dedicated professional

Within the past 24 hour Lois officiated my brother’s wedding, which was held at the top of camelback. She arrived early to allay any last minute concerns that we have had and was able to respectfully answer questions relative to the flow of the ceremony. She did an amazing job, Lois is is a true professional, and was able to capture both the bride and groom’s unique personalities to perform a truly personal and loving ceremony, one that was talked favorably about all night. Thank you Lois for going above and beyond and for successfully combating the blustery day and for essentially setting a positive tone for the remainder of the evening.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Jamie Burris · Married on 02/23/2019

Say yes to Lois Heckman!

Wow, we were so impressed with Lois Heckman from her first message all the way until we left her property! She responds quickly and does her very best to accommodate you (even on short notice.) The way she tailored the ceremony "script" to our own story was incredible! How she took the extra time and creativity with this was very special. Not to mention her lovely grounds, Harmony Gardens, which are beautiful even in the winter. I highly recommend Lois. You will not be disappointed, in fact you will get more than what you were expecting and you will be glad you chose her to marry you.

Sent on 02/25/2019

Erin · Married on 12/17/2018

A truly wonderful celebrant

My wife and I had a very intimate elopement, just us, Lois and one other witness to capture photographs. For us, it was one of the most beautiful moments of our lives. Lois prepared a ceremony that was incredibly meaningful, suited to us as a couple and elegant in its wording. We are very grateful to Lois for helping to make our wedding day so special.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Amira Jones · Married on 10/13/2018

Mr. and Mrs. Burkhart

Lois was great. She accepted us with open arms. I loved that she walked us through step by step. So stress free! Wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Tessa

Tessa · Married on 09/01/2018

Lois was an absolute dream! Book her now before she fills up :)

Lois was our celebrant for our ceremony and she was an absolutely delight to work with. We cannot say enough amazing things about her. She was very supportive leading up to the event as we discussed our ceremony vision and we felt she truly wanted to make our ceremony something unique for us. And that she did! People were blown away by our ceremony and we have Lois to thank for that - literally people said it was the best ceremony they have ever experienced. We wanted a personal ceremony which felt intimate but also included some important traditions (13 coins-Arras/Irish Blessings/tree planting together) and our back story of how we came about and why we love each other. Lois beautifully weaved together a narrative that honored our past/heritage, our parents, embraced the present and got us excited about our future. While the ceremony was happening, I almost pinched myself because I felt like I was in a dream because it was so perfect. Lois is authentic, loving, detailed, funny (at just the right times) and she is a very talented writer. A ceremony is incredibly important part of the wedding that no couple should overlook or de-prioritize. Look no further and book Lois right away before she fills up. Would give her 6 stars if I could. Lois, we want to thank from the bottom of our hearts. You were absolute perfection!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Theresa · Married on 06/08/2018

Lois is absolutely amazing!! She went above & beyond to make sure we had the most perfect wedding day. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that fit my husband and I so well. Our whole family loved how intimate and special she made our day. I most of had a hundred questions and Lois always answered right away and helped with whatever we needed. I wish I could relive our wedding over & over again. Harmony gardens is such a beautiful & magical place!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Allison · Married on 10/27/2017

Lois officiated our small wedding ceremony of 13 people. She was very responsive from our initial contact and throughout the entire process. She took the time to get to know us and listen to what we wanted to include in the ceremony. She provides a rough draft of the ceremony well before the wedding date and is very receptive to any changes requested. She is an eloquent speaker and we couldn't have been happier with the final outcome. Our family and friends all agreed it was the perfect ceremony. Thanks Lois!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

Lois did a wonderful job for our ceremony on 10/21/17. We got so much positive feedback on our ceremony. I knew right away that Lois was the right fit for us because she spent time getting to know us & made our ceremony beyond special. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2017

Lois is absolutely wonderful. She made my day so special and customized. She was open to hearing our thoughts and opinions. She was flexible, considerate, and extremely professional. Harmony gardens was just lovely. The amount of time and dedication she put into our ceremony is unparallel. Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Sherry · Married on 09/23/2017

Lois was great! She performed a beautiful ceremony for our daughter's wedding. She was flexible with the time of the ceremony and was able to adapt quickly when a family member could not attend at the last minute.
    The venue Harmony Gardens was perfect!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Christine · Married on 09/15/2017

Lois performed a wonderful ceremony for us. Our guests really enjoyed it. I am so happy we did our own vows and how it made it so much more personal for the two of us. Lois did a great job on capturing our story and sharing it with everyone, It was everything we wanted, since we wanted to keep the religious and church vibe out of it. She was very helpful along the way with any questions we had or tips to help write our vows. Her positive energy and laid back manner made it so easy to work with her and made the experience that much more enjoyable and natural on us. Thank you for that! We had a great time at our wedding and the day was everything we hoped and wanted it to be. I still can't believe how it poured for the ceremony and was gone for the cocktail hour!!!
    Thanks again Lois and be well!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/21/2017

Lois was super amazing at officiating our wedding. Took time to hear our story and learn who we are as people, integrated that perfectly into the ceremony. Very responsive and flexible when it came to any concerns we had or things we wanted to alter. Was also able to recommend a ton of different ceremony traditions (union candle, for example) which was super awesome, let us find one which was right for us. Lois is 100% QUALITY! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Kristin · Married on 07/15/2017

Lois was absolutely amazing every step of the way!!! We were unsure how our family would take us not being in a church. But every family member and guest said how amazing she was and how beautiful our ceremony was. She even want to pick up our marriage license for us. Can say enough amazing things about her!!!!!!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2017

I loved Lois, talking to her on the phone I knew she was perfect for what we wanted. The most important part of your wedding day is the ceremony. She created a ceremony for us that included all we are, how we got to our wedding day and our vows for the future. You can not put a price on that. Remember: You have friends and family at the ceremony who may not have the opportunity to know your "love story" (cliche I know) and since you are including them in your special day let Lois help tell your story. Fyi our mothers loved their special moment of getting their flowers handed to them in the middle of the ceremony and our unity tree is being planted as we speak

Sent on 05/28/2017

kaitlyn · Married on 04/08/2017

Lois created the most beautiful wedding ceremony for us. It was everything we had hoped for it to be and even a little more! She met with us to understand what we wanted in our ceremony and gave us lots of ideas to think about to include in our ceremony. She included the few things that we wanted in our ceremony perfectly. After reading the first draft of the ceremony, I knew we picked the best!

On our wedding day, she delivered the ceremony with such enthusiasm and happiness! While walking around to our guests during the reception, we received so many compliments on the ceremony! We highly recommend Lois!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Lori · Married on 01/07/2017

Lois was a pleasure to work with. She really took the time to write and plan a beautiful service that fit us perfectly. We are so grateful for her help in making our celebration taylored just for us. Thank you so much, Lois!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Jacob · Married on 12/31/2016

My wife and I can not thank Lois enough for wonderful care in the crafting of our ceremony and her wonderful attention to detail! Lois made the whole process associated with the ceremony and the crafting of our vows simple and an absolute pleasure. Her experience was invaluable and she was always a phone call or email away. I would highly recommend Lois's services as our ceremony was flawless and exactly how my wife and I pictured it! We can not thank Lois enough for being an integral part of our day!!!

Sent on 01/26/2017

A · Married on 12/17/2016

Lois was a wonderful officiant. She met with us once, then through email and phone conversations tailored our ceremony to be exactly what we wanted. We couldn't have been happier! Several of our guests commented on how personal and special our ceremony was because of her.

Sent on 01/07/2017

laura · Married on 11/05/2016

Lois was great. I cannot say enough good things about her. She made our ceremony so incredibly special. She took the time to meet with us and to continue to stay in touch with us from our first meeting until the day of our wedding. We filled out a few things for her and then she transformed what we said into the most beautiful wedding ceremony. We told her that we wanted people to walk away from the ceremony and say "wow" and they absolutely did. We have gotten compliment after compliment about how great and personal our ceremony was. It was exactly what we wanted when we first started thinking about our wedding. I would encourage any couple looking for somebody to marry them to start with Lois. I cannot imagine that there is somebody out there that could do better. She was just great.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 09/02/2016

We couldn't have found a better celebrant than Lois! She was extremely kind, clear, and helpful throughout the planning process and was willing to work with us to make the ceremony perfect. Living across the country, we didn't even get to meet her face-to-face until the day of the wedding. However, that was never a problem at all - she was so responsive and knowledgable via phone and email that it wasn't even necessary to meet. One of the best services she offers is that she will write your ceremony speech early on and give you time to read and critique it with her until it's just the way you want it - no surprises and no stress! All I can say is that our ceremony ended up wonderful, a lot thanks to Lois. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a fun, loving, and creative celebrant to make their day perfect!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 08/27/2016

Lois was absolutely wonderful to work with. She truly cares about every couple who she marries. Therefore, she puts significant time and effort into ensuring that your ceremony exceeds your (and your guests) expectations. Lois was able to take our love story and portray it so beautifully. She will always now hold a special place in our hearts for helping to make our wedding day so perfect! If you are looking to have the most exceptional ceremony, then have Lois officiate your wedding.

Sent on 09/14/2016