Lois Heckman, Celebrant Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Katie Getting married on 06/06/2022

Our Day, Our Way

We decided to elope 2 weeks ahead of time. We then realized with COVID the government building were shut down and there was a delay to get our marriage license. We kept Lois updated with these events, then 4 days before our wedding we asked her to officiate. She managed to put together a beautiful ceremony. Never meeting us (only having us fill out a quick questionnaire) and only talking on the phone for 10 minutes, she somehow made a ceremony that was perfect for us. She used quotes that would be impactful for us, followed traditions and rituals that we wanted, and made the whole day perfect. Harmony Gardens was a beautiful spot with a little gazebo for our little dance party afterwards and lots of amazing photo spots.
    Juliana W. Married on 11/10/2021

Dream wedding!!

Lois was so wonderful to work with! She is truly great at what she does, and we are beyond happy with how our ceremony turned out. The ceremony she wrote was such a beautiful representation of our story and our beliefs and values. We had so many guests saying how amazing the ceremony was afterward. Highly recommend Lois!!
  • Alicia
    Alicia Y. Married on 10/09/2021

The ceremony of our dreams

My husband and I are blessed to have found lois and have her as our wedding celebrant. We instantly clicked. She took the time to get to know us and created a beautiful ceremony that included many parts of our varying ethnicities cultures and beliefs. Many of our guests still talk about how special the ceremony was and how they will always remember it. We highly recommend hiring Lois for your most important day!
  • Nicole
    Nicole V. Married on 08/28/2021

Fantastic Experience

Lois was absolutely fantastic! She was extremely helpful when I needed assistance with writing my own vows and really took the time to make our ceremony intimate. It was exactly what we wanted. She was also very prepared. With how hectic my wedding day was I actually forgot to bring my vows to the ceremony but thankfully Lois had a copy of both of ours! I would definitely recommend Lois to other couples!
    Jennifer M. Married on 07/05/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Lois made sure that we had the wedding ceremony we had been hoping for - it was absolutely perfect for us! We had our ceremony at her beautiful Harmony Gardens, and not only did she impress us, but she impressed five teens/pre-teens as well (not an easy feat!). We couldn't be more grateful to Lois. We highly recommend her!!
  • Stephany
    Stephany R. Married on 05/10/2021

LGBTQ+ friendly

Perfect Elopement, Lois even incorporated our 11 year old son into our wedding. Very professional, friendly, fun and super involved into making our elopement dream come true. Would recommend and definitely use again for our vow renewal.
  • Denise
    Denise F. Married on 01/07/2021

"Absolutely Perfect..."

Lois is by far personable and very professional. Our "Covid Safe" ceremony was heartfelt and unique with poems from famous authors. Lois takes the time to listen to your love story to make your wedding "yours". Although our day was gray, the ceremony was perfect and as fate would have it, we were fortunate enough to have "firework sounds" to initiate the vows of forever more...!! We highly recommend Ms. Heckman to perform your wedding ceremony. If you want uniqueness and personal flair designed above a standard wedding, please see Lois Heckman at Harmony Gardens!
  • Patricia
    Patricia Married on 01/05/2021

Cannot recommend Lois enough

I couldn't ask for a better celebrant for our wedding! I am glad we were able to share our special day with Lois. My husband and I were completely clueless when it came to how to plan a wedding ceremony, Lois was there every step of the way to help us.
  • Sylvia
    Sylvia O. Married on 10/31/2020

A beautiful and personal celebration

Lois created such an amazing ceremony for me and my husband. It was so beautiful and personal, and I think it made our whole wedding day that much more special. She really took the time to get to know us both as a couple and as individuals, and it really made all the difference in making our ceremony a unique and memorable experience for us and for our family.
    Mallory Married on 04/18/2020

Lois saved our day!

About a month and a half before our wedding day, we learned our officiant was no longer doing weddings. We were scrambling at the last second to find someone when we stumbled upon Lois. We were so lucky she was available on our date (and willing to travel out of her way for us.) I was panicking a little but Lois was so calm and professional and did not seem phased by the tight timeline at all. We met Lois via zoom and instantly knew everything was going work out wonderfully.. and it sure did! Lois had us fill out some questionnaires so she could really get to know the details of our relationship. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the crowd. The ceremony was so unique and personal. Also, the way Lois suggests to stand is awesome. It’s great being able to see your partner and everyone in the crowd. It made it so much more special! I’m honestly so happy our first officiant canceled on us because if she had not, we wouldn’t have gotten this incredible experience with Lois. It all happens for a reason! If Lois is available for your date, I highly recommend working with her!
  • Kirsy
    Kirsy T. Married on 04/04/2020

Wedding day:

This was last minute thing. I just thank God that she said yes to us. April 4th is so special to us that we didn’t want to lose this date at all. I am so happy we did get married today!!!
    I’m so blessed. Lois is such a sweet heart, I personally would tell everyone to go to her ❤️ Today was prefect!!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 11/09/2019

Lois = the best

We met Lois through our wedding venue. She instantly stood out to us, with her warm smile and friendly, genuine demeanor. Lois took the time to listen to our story, really engage with us, and get to know us, before she wrote our ceremony. Lois was great about communicating with us as she worked, and was so receptive to any input we had. Though, to be honest, she did such a wonderful job, we didn't really need to make any changes! Our ceremony was so well-executed! Lois truly did an exceptional job incorporating our story, departed loved ones, and even our slightly unruly dog into the ceremony. All of our guests were in happy tears, and we are still getting compliments on our sweet ceremony! My husband and I highly recommend Lois. She is a rock star!
  • Jenn
    Jenn D. Married on 10/20/2019

Perfect perfect perfect

Lois is amazing. Our day would not have been as perfect without her. Thank you so very much ❤️

Lois Heckman, Celebrant's reply:

thanks so much Jenn - i loved working with you and Bryan and including the boys was so special ... and thanks for including that photo.
    Eileen Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing from the first minute

Lois was absolutely fabulous! From the moment I spoke to her on the phone I felt so comfortable with her and I just knew she was the right person for us. She put so much effort into getting to know us and making our ceremony so personal and not just a cookie cutter wedding. She worked with us all the way to make sure everything was the way we wanted. And always responded to my million questions so quickly. We got married 12 days ago and we are still getting compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was! Thank you Lois for a day we will never forget!
    Tetyana M. Married on 08/21/2019

Lovely ceremony

Lois was very professional and the ceremony was amazing, she followed us every step of the way making the process easier. We didn't hire a bridal planner but we had lois and she really helped with guiding us step by step. I would highly recommend
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 08/04/2019

Our ceremony was a dream come true!

Lois is absolutely amazing!!! Our guests are still raving about her! We were not looking for the “traditional” wedding ceremony. Instead we wanted something that was warm, comical, and inspiring to our guests and Lois delivered exactly what we were looking for! I’m so happy she was a part of making my wedding dream become my reality!!! I can’t thank Lois enough for being a part of making our wedding day as perfect as it was! 💜 Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!
  • Ryan
    Ryan C. Married on 06/22/2019

A true dedicated professional

Within the past 24 hour Lois officiated my brother’s wedding, which was held at the top of camelback. She arrived early to allay any last minute concerns that we have had and was able to respectfully answer questions relative to the flow of the ceremony. She did an amazing job, Lois is is a true professional, and was able to capture both the bride and groom’s unique personalities to perform a truly personal and loving ceremony, one that was talked favorably about all night. Thank you Lois for going above and beyond and for successfully combating the blustery day and for essentially setting a positive tone for the remainder of the evening.
    Jamie B. Married on 02/23/2019

Say yes to Lois Heckman!

Wow, we were so impressed with Lois Heckman from her first message all the way until we left her property! She responds quickly and does her very best to accommodate you (even on short notice.) The way she tailored the ceremony "script" to our own story was incredible! How she took the extra time and creativity with this was very special. Not to mention her lovely grounds, Harmony Gardens, which are beautiful even in the winter. I highly recommend Lois. You will not be disappointed, in fact you will get more than what you were expecting and you will be glad you chose her to marry you.
  • Brittany
    Brittany S. Married on 01/11/2019

Perfection

Our ceremony was absolutely perfect. Lois and I had planned together for over a year. I felt like I had known her my whole life. I remember when I found her online, I e-mailed her saying "Will you marry us?" and she contacted me within minutes and by the evening we were on the phone chatting away. She is very personable and takes her job seriously. She took our love story and turned it into a ceremony that not a single one of my guests will forget. It was unique and 100% us. This was exactly what we wanted. She walked me through everything and put together the most memorable script. I smiled, I cried, I laughed, and just like she said "...and by the end of the day you're married!" Love you Lois!!
    Erin Married on 12/17/2018

A truly wonderful celebrant

My wife and I had a very intimate elopement, just us, Lois and one other witness to capture photographs. For us, it was one of the most beautiful moments of our lives. Lois prepared a ceremony that was incredibly meaningful, suited to us as a couple and elegant in its wording. We are very grateful to Lois for helping to make our wedding day so special.
    Amira J. Married on 10/13/2018

Mr. and Mrs. Burkhart

Lois was great. She accepted us with open arms. I loved that she walked us through step by step. So stress free! Wouldn't have changed a thing.
  • Tessa
    Tessa Married on 09/01/2018

Lois was an absolute dream! Book her now before she fills up :)

Lois was our celebrant for our ceremony and she was an absolutely delight to work with. We cannot say enough amazing things about her. She was very supportive leading up to the event as we discussed our ceremony vision and we felt she truly wanted to make our ceremony something unique for us. And that she did! People were blown away by our ceremony and we have Lois to thank for that - literally people said it was the best ceremony they have ever experienced. We wanted a personal ceremony which felt intimate but also included some important traditions (13 coins-Arras/Irish Blessings/tree planting together) and our back story of how we came about and why we love each other. Lois beautifully weaved together a narrative that honored our past/heritage, our parents, embraced the present and got us excited about our future. While the ceremony was happening, I almost pinched myself because I felt like I was in a dream because it was so perfect. Lois is authentic, loving, detailed, funny (at just the right times) and she is a very talented writer. A ceremony is incredibly important part of the wedding that no couple should overlook or de-prioritize. Look no further and book Lois right away before she fills up. Would give her 6 stars if I could. Lois, we want to thank from the bottom of our hearts. You were absolute perfection!
    Theresa Married on 06/08/2018
    Lois is absolutely amazing!! She went above & beyond to make sure we had the most perfect wedding day. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that fit my husband and I so well. Our whole family loved how intimate and special she made our day. I most of had a hundred questions and Lois always answered right away and helped with whatever we needed. I wish I could relive our wedding over & over again. Harmony gardens is such a beautiful & magical place!
    Allison Married on 10/27/2017
    Lois officiated our small wedding ceremony of 13 people. She was very responsive from our initial contact and throughout the entire process. She took the time to get to know us and listen to what we wanted to include in the ceremony. She provides a rough draft of the ceremony well before the wedding date and is very receptive to any changes requested. She is an eloquent speaker and we couldn't have been happier with the final outcome. Our family and friends all agreed it was the perfect ceremony. Thanks Lois!