10 Reviews for Lodge on the Desert

10 Lodge on the Desert Reviews

The staff has been super friendly. Tabitha is incredible, and attentive. Very excited to have our wedding here. The food was delicious as well!

Profile Picture User6534681, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
2.1

Lodge on the Desert was the perfect, beautiful venue for my daughter's wedding. Unfortunately both the events coordinator and the chef left the hotel in December 2014. The staff we ended up working with was inexperienced, and disorganized. The food was average and the food service was understaffed and inexperienced. They forgot the iced tea and coffee entirely. Even getting a copy of the invoice was an ordeal. No thank you for having our event there. I was worried because no one we knew had been to a wedding there. Should have heeded that sign.
I hope the Lodge can re-group and hire more experienced and professional staff. Until then, beware.

Profile Picture User4708583, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Incredible venue for our wedding reception of 40, intimate and beautiful, with amazing food and impeccable service.

Profile Picture Jon, 12/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an amazing Time. The service was phenomenal and very friendly. The rooms are amazing. We were very happy with the reception venue. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was absolutely satisfied with the way the personnel at Lodge on the desert treated my husband and I during the process of and the day of our wedding. LeeAnn Perry-Walker, the wedding coordinator, was excellent to work with. She would promptly respond to emails, she was professional and always sensitive to our wishes and needs. Everyone was easy to work with and if there were any questions the personnel were always attentive and there to answer questions.
The food at our wedding was extraordinary. As simple as the choice for meals sounded, the chicken and mash potates we had for our guests was fantastic! Ryan, the chef at the Lodge, did an amazing job!
The Lodge on the Desert is a beautiful and enchanting venue to hold a wedding and any type of social event. I will highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a venue to host an event to chose the Lodge.

Profile Picture Michel, 3/29/13, 2 Reviews
3.7

The wedding went off as planned, however after the wedding there was a problem with the wedding planner who spoke out about an issue when she should have kept quiet. There is also an extra charge that has not been settled as of today.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Eileen, 10/19/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We chose Lodge on the Desert because we liked the setting and the Arizona-imbued ambiance. What we didn't foresee was how incredible the Lodge's experience would be for our guests and our memories. People loved the food (which we had been told we should not expect from most wedding experiences), the space was the perfect mix of outdoor and indoor appeal, and the staff was responsive and pleasant. But the thing we heard the most from all of our guests was how enjoyable it was to stay at the Lodge. Most of our guests were from out of town, so the fact that they could stay in such a beautiful lodge while participating in our celebration took a lot of stress off of people. LeeAnn is wonderful. I took off a bit of a star only because I was balancing four different people's inputs (I was the only one local to the venue) and sometimes needed a bit faster turn-around on info. That said, LeeAnn helped us with a variety of tasks not the least of which was helping coordinate a menu within our budget. Fantastic experience! Can't recommend the Lodge enough.

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We had our rehearsal dinner at Lodge on the Desert and it was amazing. We loved the dinner. The lawn in the middle of the hotel was perfect for this size of party and everyone loved the food. Half of our guests stayed at the Lodge and everyone loved it. A lot of them plan to return for a vacation!

Profile Picture Kyndra, 4/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning

Where to begin...

My wife and I are from the east coast so to do a destination wedding seemed to be an extremely difficult task. Lodge on the Desert was tremendous, worked with us, offered suggestions, and made the boutique hotel a perfect weekend for our 100 guests.

To start, the Lodge is a beautiful venue that captures the southwest charm. Cactus gardens, the achitecture, beehive fireplaces in the historic bedrooms. Add to that the well maintained grounds and the extremely roomy and comfortable suits/rooms and our guests were in love with the place. Unique finds to the hotel are fountains built into the wall, the 4 sideded outdoor fireplace at the patio, and of course the refreshing pool, a perfect gathering spot for friends and family to relax and get to know one another.

One of the fabulous selling points of the Lodge is Chef Ryan Clark. He crafted our entire wedding meal (crab tostada, chimichangas, salmon cakes) and went the extra mile and made spectacular cupcakes in lieu of a wedding cake. The Chef is very accomodating, has great ideas, and most importantly, makes excellent food.

Probably the most important thing about The Lodge is that they made us feel like family. Everybody from the general manager to the maids went out of their way to make every guest feel special. The Lodge was the perfect place for a wedding. Whatever ideas, whatever theme you may have, they will go the extra mile to make your day perfect. I cannot thank them enough, we plan on returning every year to stay at least one night to celebrate and remember our Fiesta Wedding.

Profile Picture Casey, 5/21/11, 4 Reviews