Carissa Lawlor Reviews

Carissa Lawlor 5
Carissa Lawlor 6
Carissa Lawlor 7

Katerina · Married on 08/30/2014

Carissa styled my hair, my bridesmaids' hair, and "the moms" for my wedding and I could not have been happier! She worked with me to find a style that was best and did such a fantastic job. She is very helpful, responsive, and is so sweet and nice. Would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Vanessa · Married on 05/03/2014

I cannot express how wonderful it was to work with Carissa - not only was my hair and my bridal party's hair stunning, but her professionalism and promptness made me rest easy on my wedding day. Carissa arrived right on time at my hotel room and began to set up. Thereafter, she ensured my bridal party and I stayed on schedule but still had fun getting ready! Carissa's unique and feminine style was evident in my wedding photos and from the many compliments I received from guests raving about my updo! I liked that she asked to see a picture of my wedding dress during my hair trial as my updo truly complemented my overall look, veil and hair comb. Aside from my wedding, Carissa also cuts and colors my hair; like on my wedding day, I continuously receive compliments on my highlights and layers! People often don't believe that I color my hair as Carissa ensures she takes my skin tone, previous color, etc. into account. All in all, I fully trust Carissa with my hair, on a daily basis and on one of the most important days of my life. Thank you Carissa!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Alicia · Married on 04/12/2014

I am so happy that I used Locks & Lace to do hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids on my wedding day. Carissa is amazing. I would recommend L&L to everyone! They were on time, efficient, flexible and extremely creative. At my trial I was given several options to choose from. They gave clear instructions to my girls along with a schedule beforehand so everyone was organized the morning of. My bridesmaids had updos and looked beautiful. I was nervous that everyone would end up looking like beauty pageant contests, but that wasn't the case at all. They all looked so elegant and stylish. Carissa does amazing detailed updos and Mack does amazing natural makeup.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Carissa Lawlor's reply:

Alicia,
    It was such an honor to style you and your closest family and friends on your wedding day! Everyone was such a pleasure! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our services. Thank you for choosing Locks&Lace for such a special occasion.

Carissa

Samantha · Married on 03/22/2014

Getting my hair done in the hotel, rather then going to the salon felt like a splurge, but I was so glad that I did it. For several reasons, on the day of my wedding I was able to relax and not worry about getting to places on time, I was able to hang out with my friends in comfort and my hair looked amazing. Karissa really went above and beyond they day of, stopping to check how my hair was looking and altering. Most of my friends who had been married complained about their updos hurting by the end of the night and I had no issues with that. The updo felt secure and I was able to dance the night away!

Sent on 04/02/2014

Krystal · Married on 09/14/2013

Carissa is so creative, accommodating, and talented! She took my vision and created it a reality on my wedding day and, not to mention, in such a timely manner.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Blair · Married on 05/11/2013

Carissa's work is truly breathtaking, and she was an absolute joy to work with. Carissa took my wedding hair vision and transformed it into something better than I could have ever imagined. I was extremely impressed with the overall product and absolutely blown away by the intricate details. The way she styled my hair perfectly framed my face -- she even managed to style my hair in a way that complemented the vintage feel of my wedding dress. It was perfect.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Caitlin · Married on 06/10/2012

I absolutely LOVED my services with Carissa! She was so great and patient. Tried several different looks for my bridal hair. This was actually just the test run because I was getting married abroad, but she took lots of pictures and went step-by-step with me so I could explain my overall vision to my day-of stylists. I have recommended Carissa to many of my girlfriends for special days as well as just normal upkeep. She is such a nice, charming woman. Couldn't ask for better service!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Danielle · Married on 05/06/2012

When I moved to D.C. a few years ago I decided to drop my hair stylist in Arlington, VA and find someone new to do my hair in my Penn Quarter neighborhood. Luckily, I found Carissa and I can honestly say that I LOVE the way she does my hair. Usually Carissa cuts and colors my hair, but when I told her I was doing a destination wedding in Mexico she asked if I wanted to do some sample wedding day hair styles so I could have a better idea of what I wanted to do with my hair on my wedding day. I think that my appointment lasted around an hour and half and Carissa did three different updos for me. Each style was unique and beautifully done. During each updo she snapped some photos for me on my phone so I could show the hair stylist at my resort how she made the look and of the finished product. Of course I found style I really liked and decided on that one for my wedding day. I thought that it was extremely helpful to do a consultation with her, and because of it I wasn't stressed on my wedding day about what I was going to do with my hair.

Carissa is not only an awesome person, but she is also extremely talented. She really listens to what you want and has a ton of experience. I would definitely recommend to Carissa any soon-to-be bride.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Rita · Married on 11/05/2016

Carissa and Mak (her makeup artist) were such a pleasure to work with. During my trial Carissa took pictures of several hair styles and sent them to me so I could take them home to ponder. She made sure my hair peice fit with my vision and was never pushy. On the day of my wedding, her team was right on time and came to my hotel as planned. She is very detail oriented but does not overwhelm you with tons of emails and phone calls like some of my other vendors. Her team was very professional and very easy to work with. I highly recommender her as your wedding stylist!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Carissa Lawlor's reply:

Thank you Rita for trusting Locks & Lace to style you and your bridal party. We truly enjoyed our time and appreciate your kindness. You looked Beautiful! Many years of happiness and love!

Carissa and her team did such a spectacular job. When I look at photos now I just can’t believe how perfectly they captured what I wanted myself and my bridesmaids to look like. It was so natural and clean looking. I provided pictures at my trial and was amazed by how Carissa was able to work from that. On the day-of my grandmother (not one to pay compliments) said: "whoever made you up really knows what she is doing.” I was so proud that I chose my hair/makeup people so well. In addition to artistic talent, the whole team made everything flow so smoothly. A schedule put together and instructions were provided well in advance and no one felt rushed.

Sent on 01/23/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2014

Carissa was wonderful and she recommended a great makeup artist too. Having her come to me was exactly what I needed to de-stress the morning of my wedding. She worked with me to make sure my hair was exactly what I wanted for day - I would recommend!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Shira · Married on 11/06/2016

3.6
      2.0

Carissa did a great job with my hair and my wedding parties hair. Only tip would be to have an idea of what you want going in.

Sent on 01/30/2017