Liz Black Makeup Reviews

Liz Black Makeup 6
Liz Black Makeup 7

Melissa Santiago · Getting married on 10/19/2019

Hire Liz!!!

I couldn't have asked for a better makeup artist than Liz for my wedding day. The quality of her work is amazing. She executed exactly what I wanted and made me and my bridal party look stunning! I did a trial run with Liz and based on the trial, we changed a few things. She asked the right questions to understand the look I was going for. She took notes and incorporated my requests perfectly. On top of that, she was a pleasure to work with! Liz is super sweet and professional from the beginning to the end.

Sent on 08/23/2019

Tara Chalker · Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible... you need her!

I booked with Liz without even doing a trial because I had an out of state wedding and was running out of time. I saw her work online and knew she would be good. I had no idea how incredible she would be though. I got married in a very remote part of NC and Liz made the trek. She arrived on-time with bells on. It was an early start and she came in looking gorgeous and very professional. I had 6 makeup services needed (me, my mom, and 4 bridesmaids). Liz truly made everyone feel so good. Each look was customized to what our wishes were from more natural beauty to full blown glam. My mom looked so beautiful and had the perfect age-appropriate look. My girls were flawless! I'm not the most confident person, but I honestly felt so pretty on my wedding day, exactly how a bride should feel! What also made my experience so great with Liz is that she is efficient. We actually finished ahead of schedule, which was a huge stress relief for me. Also, my entire day from pictures to ceremony to reception was all outside in the summer. It was hot and humid in the Smokey's. Our makeup did not move, smudge, or need any touch-ups throughout the night. Just remember, you will have your pictures as memories for the rest of your life and what a difference your makeup can have on how they turn out. Our photographer (Laurie Wilson- see bride and groom pic) was so impressed and she has worked with several wonderful MUAs. Liz is, hands down, the best artist I've ever worked with. I cannot recommend her enough. Down the road, when I plan to have more professional photos done, I'm making arrangements with Liz! She is unbelievably talented and the absolute sweetest. I'm so thankful that my matron of honor found her.

Liz Black Makeup 8
    Liz Black Makeup 9

Ella · Married on 07/13/2019

Flawless in every way!

Liz did my makeup for my wedding in July and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience from start to finish. She was super responsive, punctual, straightforward and helpful with planning for the wedding makeup. Loved getting to do a full trial (which is included in the price) and she was so good to do exactly what I asked and didn’t mind to tweak until she got it perfect. I ended up getting her to do the makeup for the rest of my family for the wedding and they all agreed it was such a treat and they had never had their makeup look so good. I would highly recommend her- I promise she is the best!

Leah Simpson · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing work, even better person

If you’re looking for the the most talented, kind, and fun makeup artist Liz is it. I was really worried about finding a great makeup artist because it’s such an important part of the day and the photographs and as soon as I saw liz’s work I knew I wanted to book her. The makeup quality the day of was absolutely amazing and the makeup lasted all day (I had an outdoor wedding on a warm June day) when I would normally have to touch up multiple times on a normal day. Liz was also so flexible with us when we had some bumps in the road. More than anything, she was such a joy to be around on my wedding day. She helped make the hectic day fun and she completely kept me from having a breakdown when the florist brought the wrong flowers. Liz is an amazing makeup artist and an even more wonderful person. If you’re thinking of using her services don’t hesitate - you won’t regret it!

Liz Black Makeup 10
    Liz Black Makeup 11
    Liz Black Makeup 12
    Liz Black Makeup 13
    Liz Black Makeup 14

Keagan · Married on 06/15/2019

Liz is professional, fun, and most importantly incredibly talented!

I previously worked with Liz while as a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding, and I loved my makeup so much I knew I wanted her to do my makeup as a bride and for my bridal party.

Liz is personable and so fun to be around which definitely helped make me feel comfortable at my trial and then on the day of my wedding. She was super receptive to all my thoughts and ideas about my wedding look and it turned out even better than I imagined! I felt like a literal princess - not to mention my entire bridal party looked smokin'!!

I would recommend Liz to any bride in a heartbeat and I can't wait for an excuse for her to do my makeup again!

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Liz Black Makeup 20
    Liz Black Makeup 21

Lindsay · Married on 05/25/2019

Bridal makeup

Liz is phenomenal! I can’t recommend her enough. She did my makeup for my wedding along with the mothers and bridesmaids. Everyone looked stunning! We all had different skin types and makeup requests and she did an amazing job to create individualized looks. My photographer even complimented me on my makeup!
    She is upbeat, positive and so caring— the exact type of person you want doing your makeup on the biggest day of your life! One of the best vendor decisions you will make!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Laura · Married on 05/18/2019

Makeup Genius with Calming Energy

I have never felt more beautiful in my life. Liz exceeded all of my expectations of how I would look and feel on my big day. Asheville was a destination wedding for me, so we didn't have time to do a trial, but I was confident that she would be able to give me the look i wanted based the videos she posts on instagram (@liz_black). And let me tell you she did not disappoint.. not only did she make myself and all of my bridesmaids look like total babes, she was also able to fix all of their hair AND help my mom cover up a tragic black eye after she bumped her head earlier in the week. Look no further peeps.. this is your girl.

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Liz Black Makeup 22

Katy · Married on 05/04/2019

5 stars all the way!

Liz was absolutely the best choice for my wedding makeup!! She made me feel completely at ease and really knew her stuff. I never wear makeup and she knew exactly what I would need to show off my best features. I wasn't able to have a trial so I showed her pictures of what I liked and my makeup was everything I could have hoped for and more. She was essential to making my day as flawless as it was and I cannot recommend her enough-if it was possible to give more than 5 stars I would!

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Liz Black Makeup 23
    Liz Black Makeup 24
    Liz Black Makeup 25
    Liz Black Makeup 26

Leah · Married on 04/20/2019

Liz was a pleasure to work with!

She was extremely accommodating and flexible! I couldn’t have asked for a better makeup artist for my big day:) she nailed it!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Paige

Paige Winesette Kiser · Married on 04/06/2019

Magical makeup fairy! 10/10 recommend

Liz is a magical makeup fairy. Everyone from the bridesmaids to the MOB and MOG were ecstatic with the end result. She is as talented as she is sweet!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Brandi Rice · Married on 01/27/2019

Individual Professional Photo Session

Met Liz for the very first time the morning of my shoot. She welcomed me in & made me feel super comfortable right away, as if we had known each other for years! She was sure to ask of my opinion and what I had in mind for my look. Would recommend her for any occasion!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Leigh · Married on 01/20/2019

Talented and Genuine!

Liz did an AMAZING job—not only for my wedding, but for my engagement pictures! After showing her some pictures of looks I liked, she was able to recreate the look on me! She is very attentive to detail and I couldn’t be more pleased with how it turned out! Liz is extremely personable and professional. She made me feel like a complete princess on my special day!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Chelsea · Married on 12/08/2018

Liz was such a blessing on my wedding day!!

Liz was amazing to work with! She did the best job and provided incredible makeup for myself and and a few others in my wedding party. After my trial I was’t sure about some of things with my makeup look and Liz took the feedback and ran with it. She is a absolutely the BEST!

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Liz Black Makeup 27
    Liz Black Makeup 28
    Liz Black Makeup 29
    Liz Black Makeup 30
    Liz Black Makeup 31

Elizabeth · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing makeup!!

Liz was absolutely amazing! She did my makeup along with my 7 bridesmaids and the mothers. Liz did stunning makeup for each and every one of them!

We did a trial run before the day and she was very flexible worked with my schedule. I live in Raleigh and getting back to Asheville wasn’t always easy but she made it work perfectly.

Most importantly Liz is so talented and fun to work with! She listened to everything I told her and I absolutely loved my makeup. She is is to talk to and makes the process fun.

The day of the wedding Liz was there bright and early and ready to go. She had a great set up and was very professional. She listened to what each of the girls wanted and made everyone look sooo amazing!!

I would recommend liz every time!!!

Sent on 01/30/2019
    Liz Black Makeup 32
    Liz Black Makeup 33

Sarina Gambino · Married on 11/03/2018

10/10 would recommend!

Liz is a gem of a human and professional in every sense of the word. She came to my home for a trial run a few months before my wedding, and right off the bat I knew I had made a new friend. Liz is attentive and kind, and it's apparent her #1 goal is to make her clients feel comfortable and beautiful.

A few days before the big day, my face totally broke out due to stress and I slipped into panic mode. Liz was a calming presence on my wedding day and her airbrush job entirely masked the imperfections. I can honestly say, I've never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day and this is due in large part to Liz's talent as a makeup artist. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Amanda Rivenbark · Married on 10/27/2018

Great makeup experience! Everything I wanted for my wedding day!

Liz does amazing work! After seeing the makeup she did for my friends wedding, I knew I had to have her for my own wedding. She knew exactly the look I was going for and made me feel super comfortable. She was punctual, professional and as sweet as she could be!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Karina Saunders · Married on 10/19/2018

Fantastic!

My bridesmaids and I loved working with Liz on my wedding day. She was great fun and super knowledgeable. She easily accommodated the requests my bridesmaids had regarding their makeup. The makeup also turned out beautifully. Mine lasted all night without smearing. She was also a great person to chat with and made the time fly by! I highly recommend Liz for your makeup needs.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Jill Montanez · Married on 10/06/2018

Vow Renewal Makeup

If you're looking for someone to make you feel beautiful, Liz is your girl! My husband and I renewed our vows this past October and she created exactly what I envisioned for this special occasion. She is so talented and I felt like a queen when she was finished.

Taylor · Married on 09/29/2018

Mountain Wedding for a Princess!!!

Shes fun, shes sweet, shes organized and timely! She treated my family SO well and made me feel special too!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Amy · Married on 09/02/2018

Liz is amazing!!! She did a stellar job with everyone's makeup. My bridesmaids and I opted for the airbrush makeup and everyone's skin looked flawless! Moreover, our makeup looked fantastic all day long (even 12 hours later). She was willing to take as much time as needed to get our makeup looking EXACTLY how we envisioned. She went above and beyond to make sure we were 100% satisfied. But perhaps more importantly, Liz has such a positive, fun-loving spirit, and we had so much fun getting ready with her on our wedding day. She was so easy to talk to, has a great energy about her, and I am so grateful she was part of my big day. THANK YOU SO MUCH, LIZ!

Sent on 09/30/2018
  • Savannah

Savannah Thames · Married on 08/18/2018

The makeup experience every bride wants/needs

I had the pleasure of working with Liz on my wedding day and it was everything I could’ve hoped for! Liz also drove to my apartment for a trial run before my wedding and was so determined on making me the happiest and most comfortable bride on my wedding day. I do not wear a lot of makeup but I wanted the wedding glow so she was determined to give me the look that I wanted. (She succeeded!) On my wedding day we had to get ready in one room at my venue with myself and 13 bridesmaids and Liz didn’t miss a beat in the crowded, loud room. She is THE sweetest and I felt like I had known her for years. My bridesmaids makeup looked so amazing, everyone was so happy! And of course I was so happy with mine! I highly recommend Liz’s services and wish her the best in her career!

Thank you so much again, Liz!

Chelsey Towery · Married on 06/30/2018

Chelsey Towery

Liz had done my makeup multiple times before my wedding day, so when the time came to pick a makeup artist, I knew no one else could do the job. She spent time making sure every detail looked perfect and made sure it was what I was looking for for my big day. I couldn’t be happier with the job she did and the way we interacted.

Sent on 02/04/2019

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2017

Best experience of my life!

Liz is SO talented and made me feel like an absolute queen on the day of my wedding. It felt like I’d known her for years! She’s so bubbly and such a fun soul to be around, especially on your wedding day. She tackled 7 bridesmaids and myself without a second of stress. Every bride deserves to feel as beautiful as Liz made me feel on their big day. I only wish we lived closer because I’d use her for every event! Not to mention she’s great with makeup recommendations still to this day!

• Karina

Karina · Married on 10/14/2017

Liz is the BEST!

Liz made me look like a queen on my wedding day! I am so happy she was apart of my big day. She made getting glam so easy and fun. I even changed my look day and she handled it like a champ and executed what I wanted flawlessly. My makeup was perfection all day and even my lipstick stayed put after eating and drinking champagne all night! She is so amazing.

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Brynna

Brynna · Married on 10/07/2017

Best Decision You'll Ever Make!!

If you are considering booking Liz for your makeup, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!? Liz was one of the best decisions I ever made! Think about it, every single photo of you, every last one, shows your makeup. If your makeup is sub-par, every last photo of you is sub-par. With Liz, every last photo of you will be your favorite photo of you! I want to highlight three things about Liz.... One, her skill. She knows skin, texture, color. She looks at you for a second and knows how to make you stunning. Combine that with my second point...she listens. She keeps you as you, but makes you fantastic! She knows how to give you a dramatic look, she knows how to give you a natural look, she knows how to go if you have no idea what you want, but you like this celebrity but not this celebrity! Every woman is unique and Liz absolutely nailed the looks and desires of every last one of the women in my bridal party! Third and final point, Liz's demeanor. She is an absolute delight! She immediately bonded with all of us, moms and girls alike, had a great sense of humor, took interest in us, kept the conversation going, all while staying right on time and mastering her art! I said it once and I'll say it again, if you are reading this because you're considering booking Liz, I sincerely promise that you will never regret your decision!! She will absolutely make your day and absolutely make your memories!!

Sent on 11/09/2018