Linganore Winecellars Reviews

Linganore Winecellars 6
Linganore Winecellars 7
  • Melissa

Melissa · Getting married on 04/18/2020

Love the venue! The staff were extremely helpful! Everyone enjoyed the wedding!

• Andie

Andie · Married on 09/22/2018

I cannot say enough about the staff at Linganore Winecellars. Mary Beth was so helpful and answered all of my questions throughout the entire process. I planned my wedding from out of state and Mary Beth promptly and thoroughly answered all of my questions (as ridiculous as they were!) On the day of the wedding, we booked the bridal suite to get ready. It comfortably fit 9 people and 2 hair and makeup artists. It had a lot of natural light so our getting ready pictures were beautiful. The venue itself was absolutely stunning. Guests raved about the food, drinks, and the rolling hills. Many said it was the most beautiful venue they had ever seen! We feel so blessed to have had our wedding at Linganore and we are forever grateful to the staff at Linganore for helping turn our dreams into reality!

Sonita · Married on 05/11/2018

Overall the experience was amazing! I absolutely love the outdoor wedding experience. They were able to accommodate my wedding of 35 guest in a room that was perfect size. The personalized wine labels were perfect. The only downfall with my whole experience was with the contact I had for the wine labels was not responsive to my emails. The venue surpassed my expectations.

Linganore Winecellars 18
    Linganore Winecellars 19
    Linganore Winecellars 20
    Linganore Winecellars 21

Julia · Married on 05/04/2018

I am so happy that I had my wedding at Linganore Winecellars! Everything throughout the wedding planning process and on the day of went so smoothly; they were so easy to work with. The venue is beautiful, and a key selling point for me was that they have beautiful outdoor AND indoor spaces, so we would have a nice setting regardless of weather. The Abisso Hall is so beautiful that very few decorations were needed; though adding ceiling string lighting really made the room look magical.

The event coordinator, Mary Beth, was very professional and responsive. She replied to all emails promptly- and I sent a LOT! I was initially a bit concerned after reading many reviews that mentioned poor communication, but I was pleased to discover any previous issues had been resolved. Our on-site day-of manager, Brittany, was also wonderful. All staff checked on us frequently throughout the wedding day.

We got married on a Friday, and the price was very reasonable. I do think we paid for a lot more alcohol than we used since they charge a flat rate for every adult (we didn't have a big drinking crowd). However, the reasonable costs for the space rental and other things balanced that out. They also have a caterer that they work very closely with, and Mary Beth is also the point of contact for them. It was nice to have everything go through one person.

I highly recommend Linganore Winecellars!

Kat · Married on 04/22/2018

We have held multiple events at Linganore Winecellars and have been impressed every time with their venue and services. Mary Beth Davis is the best coordinator I’ve ever worked with.

Karen · Married on 11/18/2017

Loved working with Mary Beth. She was very nice and took care of a lot of stuff "behind the scenes" so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Venue was gorgeous as well and looked great in pictures

Katherine · Married on 09/30/2017

After hearing so many horror stories about weddings-gone-wrong, Mary Beth and Linganore staff were a dream to work with! They acquiesced to all of our requests and made the day go so smoothly. I would choose them over and over again without hesitation!

Kelly · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I had a few things on our list when looking for a wedding venue. Linganore hit all the boxes, and exceeded our expectations! I wanted an outdoor ceremony, and many venues have absolutely no backup plan for bad weather -- Linganore, on the other hand, has a plan for rain (ceremony in the pavilion) and cold (everything moved inside the hall). Since our wedding was in March, we felt so happy that we didn't have to deal with the stress of ordering a tent or something (and we didn't end up needing to). The off-season prices also couldn't be beat!

Above all, Linganore Winecellars was just a gorgeous, fun place to get married. Our guests raved about the beautiful rolling hills and historic barn, and the delicious beer and wine. Multiple friends came up to me and said that it was one of the best weddings they'd ever been to. We opted for sangria to be served during "cocktail" hour and that was also a hit. The affiliated caterer, Fine Cuisine, served delicious food (people were especially thrilled with the mini-crabcakes and scallops for hors d'oeuvres).

We also booked a rehearsal and bridal suite, which was well worth the money. With the ceremony being in a field with a long walk to the aisle, the practice was much needed, and it was very convenient getting ready on site. Mary Beth was always very communicative about all my questions throughout the process. We can't imagine our wedding having gone more perfectly! And now we can go back for a wine tasting anytime we want to relive it :)

• User6555148 · 1+ year ago

We went there for our rehearsal dinner and everything was beyond our expectations. We would definitely go there again for another event!

Lynda · Married on 11/06/2016

We had lots of compliments from our wedding guests about how beautiful the venue was. Overall we have nothing but good things to say about Linganore Winery. Marybeth was very helpful and answered all of our questions as well as suggested things we didn't think of including ways to save money! The food from their caterer was great, the only complaint was that the plate wasn't big enough and they had to go back for seconds! Our site manager for the wedding was awesome and my best friend for the day making sure all of our needs were met and keeping us all calm and happy. I would definitely recommend Linganore Winery.

Rachel · Married on 10/28/2016

We knew Linganore was the venue for us the first time we looked at it! It was the only place we looked at and we instantly fell in love. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. The staff was incredibly friendly and their coordinator Mary Beth went above and beyond to answer all of my questions during the planning process. All of my guests were raving about how good the drinks and food were and how pretty the space was. One friend (who is a professional wedding DJ) said of all the weddings he's ever been to, the venue was the prettiest he'd ever seen. Overall we could not be more pleased with Linganore!

Jordan · Married on 10/01/2016

We absolutely loved our wedding at Linganore Winecellars! Mary Beth and Chaz were very easy to work with, and helped us with everything we needed. It ended up raining on the day of our wedding, so we held our ceremony under the pavilion instead of out on the lawn. It ended up working out fine and our guests gushed over the beautiful landscape.

Lori · Married on 08/27/2016

The most beautiful wedding! I fell in love with Linganore as soon as I saw it and knew I had to have my wedding there. Mary Beth and Chas were both amazing to work with. All my guests thought it was a beautiful backdrop for ceremony and reception.

Katie · Married on 04/10/2016

Everyone at Linganore was wonderful, especially Mary Beth & Chaz! They were friendly and professional and a joy to work with. Despite the uncooperative weather, they were able to accommodate all of our guests by moving cocktail hour inside and opening the bar there earlier than expected. We even adjusted the floor plan the day before when I found out there would be two additional sheet cakes at the reception. We barely decorated and everyone kept complimenting the Abisso Hall and the general scenery & ambiance. Wonderful experience, I would highly recommend it.

Sally · Married on 11/28/2015

Fabulous location and service. Must use their catering and their beer/wine, but both were exceptional!

• User6120421 · 2+ years ago

My wedding and reception at Linganore Winecellars was beyond perfect. I'm still getting compliments from our guests on the venue and the wonderful staff. Mary Beth was great to work with and Chaz could not have been anymore helpful. The food from the in-house caterer, Fine Cuisine, was fantastic and everyone loved the beer and wine which is all made onsite. Linganore Winecellars is the perfect place to get married!!!

Before our wedding: The location was perfect for our wedding ceremony and reception. FYI: There are a few places the ceremony can be held. The in-house caterer was informative, friendly and adaptable to requests. The winery has a new location for brides to get ready in which is also perfect for storing items for the wedding. Although it was at times difficult to get a hold of the event coordinator she ALWAYS responded to any messages and questions we had in a timely manner. She too was able to accommodate any changes we requested in a professional manner.

Day of wedding: The Linganore staff was extremely helpful, professional and friendly the day of our wedding. I don't know if our wedding could've gone more smoothly! Food, although I wasn't able to each much of it because of mingling, was delicious and exactly what I expected from the tasting.

Joe · Married on 07/11/2015

Beautiful place for our wedding/reception. Great to work with. Picture perfect location

Teri · Married on 06/27/2015

What a beautiful location for a wedding! Everything was perfect even tho the weather was not. At the rehearsal we decided to move the ceremony into the venue versus outside and we are sooo glad we did. The decision made the wedding even more intimate and beautiful. During the process Mary Beth was awesome. The staff was professional and friendly during the evening. I highly recommend Linganore for any occasion.

Jennifer · Married on 04/11/2015

We are SO happy we had our wedding and reception at Linganore! Mary Beth was fantastic to work with. She took the time to understand our needs and was very responsive whenever I had a question. On the day of the event, it could not have gone smoother. Chaz from the winery was on-site all afternoon and evening, making sure everything was set up and completed on time. During the event, the catering staff was extremely attentive not just to my husband and I, but also to our guests. The venue is absolutely beautiful - no decorations needed! I would HIGHLY recommend having a wedding and reception here. The price is reasonable and the people are fantastic!

Alexandra · Married on 11/07/2014

Linganore Winecellars was the venue for our wedding! We had everyone seated for the reception during the ceremony inside and it turned our beautifully! The timing of the night went amazingly, our guests said it was one of the best timed events they have ever been to! The wine and beer were great, and our guests loved it! I would highly recommend Linganore for a wedding or other event! All of our guests said it was a beautiful space, and I could not have been happier with it!

Kevin & Mary Beth · Married on 09/06/2014

Linganore Winecellars was the PERFECT place for our wedding and reception. We had our ceremony on the hill overlooking the vineyards and our reception was in the Abisso Hall barn. Gorgeous!! The staff was always so sweet and welcoming. They let us take over alot of areas to get pictures done...even in areas where customers/visitors usually can't go. The catering staff, Fine Cuisine, who works with Linganore was also amazing. Great food, great people. We would recommend Linganore Winecellars to any couple who enjoys the 'WINE' life, or even an adorable country couple who just wants something beautiful and simple.

Rachelle · Married on 07/05/2014

Mary Beth was exceptional! We wanted a simple, small wedding and Mary Beth helped every step of the way! We originally wanted a beach wedding, but glad we went wit he Vineyard because it turned out perfect!

The staff was excellent from the beginning of the process through the end. We were well taken care of during the whole process, especially on the day of the wedding.