Linganore Winecellars Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Kristen
    Kristen Getting married on 05/14/2022

An absolutely stunning venue!

When we first looked at venues, Linganore Winecellars stood out immediately: the rolling hills and stunning views of the vineyard and spacious yet intimate indoor venue were to die for and perfectly captured the warm, rustic-glam vibe we were looking for. Additionally, Linganore's exclusive caterer Fine Cuisine Dining was delicious and Linganore's wines are top notch, so we knew our guests would be well taken care of in the food and beverage department.

Sadly our April 2020 wedding had to be postponed until May 2022 due to COVID-19, so in the meantime we held a very small elopement ceremony on the property in June. We are very thankful to Mary Beth Davis and Karen Pennington for not only being incredibly easy to work with and responsive throughout the wedding planning experience, but also flexible and accommodating in a very uncertain and anxiety inducing time.
  • Cindy
    Cindy Married on 02/15/2021

Valentines Day Wedding

First and foremost: The Wine is delicious! Your invites will love it all.

I planned my wedding in one month. My first step was locking down a venue. I loved the scenic vineyard background The Linganore Winery offered.

The Linganore is so romantic, effortless and comfortable. (The Abisso hall is super spacious, made my invitees so comfortable in these COVID times).

They work with many vendors who are amazing and super professional, made it super easy to plan.

The staff was amazing!!! Knowledgeable, friendly, quick, helpful!! In moments of panic they handled everything for us.

The Linganore photographed so beautifully, I am more than thrilled on my wedding experience.

Thank you Linganore Team!
  • Alison
    Alison M. Married on 08/15/2020

Beautiful venue!

My husband and I had an amazing wedding at Linganore Winecellars! The venue is beautiful and the staff was amazing! Our guests raved about everything from the view to the wine to the food! It was an amazing day at Linganore!
    Jessica Married on 05/08/2020

Tour of Venu

I knew Linganore was going to be high on my list for venues after coming to a tasting there. The space had so much room and was beautiful! The view was amazing and had lots of room for activities. The staff was great as well!
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 04/18/2020
    Love the venue! The staff were extremely helpful! Everyone enjoyed the wedding!
    Charlie C. Married on 12/14/2019

Great Wedding

Linganore is great. The people that we dealt with are super helpful and responsive, especially Karen P. The wine is good and all our guests seemed to enjoy themselves. We had about 120 people and it seemed like there was plenty of room.
  • Linda
    Linda H. Married on 08/02/2019

Mix of Rustic and Modern

We loved Linganore Winecellars for our wedding venue. We opted for having an indoor ceremony and reception because of the heat of August. The Abisso Hall there is like a modern barn. It has extraordinary woodwork and beams and a beautiful floor. It's rustic yet with all the modern conveniences of air conditioning and elegant lighting. Plus you have access to use the rest of the venue for your ceremony and pictures etc. The venue event coordinator, Karen, was extremely kind and detail oriented and helped us to think of things we may have forgotten. I would highly recommend Linganore Winecellars for a wedding and we look forward to returning in the near future to simply enjoy one of their delicious wines or beers!
    Megan Married on 07/05/2019

Dream Wedding Venue

Linganore was the most dreamy wedding venue and the biggest value for a wedding! The grounds and reception area are naturally gorgeous so limited decorations were needed. MaryBeth and Karen were both very professional, responsive, and easy to work with. They were quick in responding with any questions we had and made wedding planning a breeze. The packages available for food made it so there were options for each budget. I loved every second of planning my wedding thanks to the folks at Linganore and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue for our big day!
  • Andie
    Andie Married on 09/22/2018
    I cannot say enough about the staff at Linganore Winecellars. Mary Beth was so helpful and answered all of my questions throughout the entire process. I planned my wedding from out of state and Mary Beth promptly and thoroughly answered all of my questions (as ridiculous as they were!) On the day of the wedding, we booked the bridal suite to get ready. It comfortably fit 9 people and 2 hair and makeup artists. It had a lot of natural light so our getting ready pictures were beautiful. The venue itself was absolutely stunning. Guests raved about the food, drinks, and the rolling hills. Many said it was the most beautiful venue they had ever seen! We feel so blessed to have had our wedding at Linganore and we are forever grateful to the staff at Linganore for helping turn our dreams into reality!
    Sonita Married on 05/11/2018
    Overall the experience was amazing! I absolutely love the outdoor wedding experience. They were able to accommodate my wedding of 35 guest in a room that was perfect size. The personalized wine labels were perfect. The only downfall with my whole experience was with the contact I had for the wine labels was not responsive to my emails. The venue surpassed my expectations.
    Julia Married on 05/04/2018
    I am so happy that I had my wedding at Linganore Winecellars! Everything throughout the wedding planning process and on the day of went so smoothly; they were so easy to work with. The venue is beautiful, and a key selling point for me was that they have beautiful outdoor AND indoor spaces, so we would have a nice setting regardless of weather. The Abisso Hall is so beautiful that very few decorations were needed; though adding ceiling string lighting really made the room look magical.

The event coordinator, Mary Beth, was very professional and responsive. She replied to all emails promptly- and I sent a LOT! I was initially a bit concerned after reading many reviews that mentioned poor communication, but I was pleased to discover any previous issues had been resolved. Our on-site day-of manager, Brittany, was also wonderful. All staff checked on us frequently throughout the wedding day.

We got married on a Friday, and the price was very reasonable. I do think we paid for a lot more alcohol than we used since they charge a flat rate for every adult (we didn't have a big drinking crowd). However, the reasonable costs for the space rental and other things balanced that out. They also have a caterer that they work very closely with, and Mary Beth is also the point of contact for them. It was nice to have everything go through one person.

I highly recommend Linganore Winecellars!
    Kat Married on 04/22/2018
    We have held multiple events at Linganore Winecellars and have been impressed every time with their venue and services. Mary Beth Davis is the best coordinator I’ve ever worked with.
    Jenn Married on 04/14/2018
    Linganore Winecellars is without a doubt the place to have your wedding if you are in search of a rustic venue with elegance. The beautiful Abisso Hall is a blank canvas, that even if you didn’t paint it with your creativity and touches, still portrays an elegant and warm feel for your wedding day. The ceremony site looking over the rolling hills of vines and hops is everything! The photos will not disappoint and your guests will be mesmerized. We have been receiving the best compliments from our big day, and it was all thanks to the beauty of this venue. The staff here is so accommodating and WANTS to be apart of your big day. We had the pleasure of working with Jordan during our event who made all of the behind the scenes happen whenever we asked, and Alex at the bar making sure our drinks were in our hands before we even asked. I can’t express how wonderful it was that the staff engaged with us at our wedding and our rehearsal dinner. They wanted to get to know us as a couple, and our families. They didn’t feel like staff to us, but as our guests and we loved looking over seeing them having just as much fun as us! We also must acknowledge Mary Beth. I want to think of myself as a very organized and on top of things person, which leaves me with a lot of questions! Mary Beth graciously answered them all in a timely fashion. She did everything she could to make our vision bloom. Being able to have everything happen there was so convenient and accommodating. We were able to rehearse the night before at the ceremony site, have rehearsal dinner to follow, get to the vineyard early in the morning the day of the wedding, have everyone come to us (hair, makeup etc), and be able to relax and pull ourselves together at the winery and Red Shedman brewery, before the big I Do’s. We could not be more thankful for Linganore and their staff. Our big day was a magical dream come true because of them!
    Karen Married on 11/18/2017
    Loved working with Mary Beth. She was very nice and took care of a lot of stuff "behind the scenes" so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Venue was gorgeous as well and looked great in pictures
    Katherine Married on 09/30/2017
    After hearing so many horror stories about weddings-gone-wrong, Mary Beth and Linganore staff were a dream to work with! They acquiesced to all of our requests and made the day go so smoothly. I would choose them over and over again without hesitation!
    Kelly Married on 03/25/2017
    My husband and I had a few things on our list when looking for a wedding venue. Linganore hit all the boxes, and exceeded our expectations! I wanted an outdoor ceremony, and many venues have absolutely no backup plan for bad weather -- Linganore, on the other hand, has a plan for rain (ceremony in the pavilion) and cold (everything moved inside the hall). Since our wedding was in March, we felt so happy that we didn't have to deal with the stress of ordering a tent or something (and we didn't end up needing to). The off-season prices also couldn't be beat!

Above all, Linganore Winecellars was just a gorgeous, fun place to get married. Our guests raved about the beautiful rolling hills and historic barn, and the delicious beer and wine. Multiple friends came up to me and said that it was one of the best weddings they'd ever been to. We opted for sangria to be served during "cocktail" hour and that was also a hit. The affiliated caterer, Fine Cuisine, served delicious food (people were especially thrilled with the mini-crabcakes and scallops for hors d'oeuvres).

We also booked a rehearsal and bridal suite, which was well worth the money. With the ceremony being in a field with a long walk to the aisle, the practice was much needed, and it was very convenient getting ready on site. Mary Beth was always very communicative about all my questions throughout the process. We can't imagine our wedding having gone more perfectly! And now we can go back for a wine tasting anytime we want to relive it :)
  • User2955854 2+ years ago
    We went there for our rehearsal dinner and everything was beyond our expectations. We would definitely go there again for another event!
    Lynda Married on 11/06/2016
    We had lots of compliments from our wedding guests about how beautiful the venue was. Overall we have nothing but good things to say about Linganore Winery. Marybeth was very helpful and answered all of our questions as well as suggested things we didn't think of including ways to save money! The food from their caterer was great, the only complaint was that the plate wasn't big enough and they had to go back for seconds! Our site manager for the wedding was awesome and my best friend for the day making sure all of our needs were met and keeping us all calm and happy. I would definitely recommend Linganore Winery.
    Rachel Married on 10/28/2016
    We knew Linganore was the venue for us the first time we looked at it! It was the only place we looked at and we instantly fell in love. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. The staff was incredibly friendly and their coordinator Mary Beth went above and beyond to answer all of my questions during the planning process. All of my guests were raving about how good the drinks and food were and how pretty the space was. One friend (who is a professional wedding DJ) said of all the weddings he's ever been to, the venue was the prettiest he'd ever seen. Overall we could not be more pleased with Linganore!
    Jordan Married on 10/01/2016
    We absolutely loved our wedding at Linganore Winecellars! Mary Beth and Chaz were very easy to work with, and helped us with everything we needed. It ended up raining on the day of our wedding, so we held our ceremony under the pavilion instead of out on the lawn. It ended up working out fine and our guests gushed over the beautiful landscape.
    Lori Married on 08/27/2016
    The most beautiful wedding! I fell in love with Linganore as soon as I saw it and knew I had to have my wedding there. Mary Beth and Chas were both amazing to work with. All my guests thought it was a beautiful backdrop for ceremony and reception.
    Katie Married on 04/10/2016
    Everyone at Linganore was wonderful, especially Mary Beth & Chaz! They were friendly and professional and a joy to work with. Despite the uncooperative weather, they were able to accommodate all of our guests by moving cocktail hour inside and opening the bar there earlier than expected. We even adjusted the floor plan the day before when I found out there would be two additional sheet cakes at the reception. We barely decorated and everyone kept complimenting the Abisso Hall and the general scenery & ambiance. Wonderful experience, I would highly recommend it.
    Sally Married on 11/28/2015
    Fabulous location and service. Must use their catering and their beer/wine, but both were exceptional!
  • User2489297 2+ years ago
    My wedding and reception at Linganore Winecellars was beyond perfect. I'm still getting compliments from our guests on the venue and the wonderful staff. Mary Beth was great to work with and Chaz could not have been anymore helpful. The food from the in-house caterer, Fine Cuisine, was fantastic and everyone loved the beer and wine which is all made onsite. Linganore Winecellars is the perfect place to get married!!!