Linganore Winecellars Reviews

Linganore Winecellars 4
Linganore Winecellars 5

Jessica · Getting married on 05/08/2020

Tour of Venu

I knew Linganore was going to be high on my list for venues after coming to a tasting there. The space had so much room and was beautiful! The view was amazing and had lots of room for activities. The staff was great as well!

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Getting married on 04/18/2020

Love the venue! The staff were extremely helpful! Everyone enjoyed the wedding!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Charlie Coffman · Married on 12/14/2019

Great Wedding

Linganore is great. The people that we dealt with are super helpful and responsive, especially Karen P. The wine is good and all our guests seemed to enjoy themselves. We had about 120 people and it seemed like there was plenty of room.

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Dimi

Dimi Dimitrova · Married on 11/15/2019

The Absolute Best Venue

I couldn't have gone with a better venue than Linganore Winecellars! From the first point of contact, Mary Beth was extremely responsive in scheduling a time for me to come see the venue as well as get together all of the paperwork that was necessary to book the place! When I walked in for my first tasting, the venue itself was breathtaking!! The ceremony area was gorgeous, overlooking the vineyards and the reception hall was beautiful!! Karen, the venue coordinator, was absolutely amazing with accommodating every single one of my needs all the way up to the wedding day itself! Through countless changes and updates on our plan, Karen was there responding quickly to every single one of our requests as well as giving insight! I honestly don't know how my wedding would have turned out if it wasn't for Karen!!! The staff at Linganore was absolutely amazing as well! Everyone is so sweet and helpful, they were an absolute pleasure to work with even when I was stressing out trying to keep things in order! Lastly, THEIR WINE IS AMAZING!!! My spouse and I regularly drive an hour away just to be able to buy a couple of bottles of their Black Raven and Mango Sangria! This is hands down the best venue I could've chosen and I am so grateful to have had my wedding at Linganore Winecellars!!

Linganore Winecellars 6
    Linganore Winecellars 7
    Linganore Winecellars 8
    Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Linda

Linda Hidey · Married on 08/02/2019

Mix of Rustic and Modern

We loved Linganore Winecellars for our wedding venue. We opted for having an indoor ceremony and reception because of the heat of August. The Abisso Hall there is like a modern barn. It has extraordinary woodwork and beams and a beautiful floor. It's rustic yet with all the modern conveniences of air conditioning and elegant lighting. Plus you have access to use the rest of the venue for your ceremony and pictures etc. The venue event coordinator, Karen, was extremely kind and detail oriented and helped us to think of things we may have forgotten. I would highly recommend Linganore Winecellars for a wedding and we look forward to returning in the near future to simply enjoy one of their delicious wines or beers!

Linganore Winecellars 9
    Linganore Winecellars 10
    Linganore Winecellars 11
    Linganore Winecellars 12
    Sent on 09/09/2019

Megan · Married on 07/05/2019

Dream Wedding Venue

Linganore was the most dreamy wedding venue and the biggest value for a wedding! The grounds and reception area are naturally gorgeous so limited decorations were needed. MaryBeth and Karen were both very professional, responsive, and easy to work with. They were quick in responding with any questions we had and made wedding planning a breeze. The packages available for food made it so there were options for each budget. I loved every second of planning my wedding thanks to the folks at Linganore and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue for our big day!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Andie

Andie · Married on 09/22/2018

I cannot say enough about the staff at Linganore Winecellars. Mary Beth was so helpful and answered all of my questions throughout the entire process. I planned my wedding from out of state and Mary Beth promptly and thoroughly answered all of my questions (as ridiculous as they were!) On the day of the wedding, we booked the bridal suite to get ready. It comfortably fit 9 people and 2 hair and makeup artists. It had a lot of natural light so our getting ready pictures were beautiful. The venue itself was absolutely stunning. Guests raved about the food, drinks, and the rolling hills. Many said it was the most beautiful venue they had ever seen! We feel so blessed to have had our wedding at Linganore and we are forever grateful to the staff at Linganore for helping turn our dreams into reality!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Sonita · Married on 05/11/2018

Overall the experience was amazing! I absolutely love the outdoor wedding experience. They were able to accommodate my wedding of 35 guest in a room that was perfect size. The personalized wine labels were perfect. The only downfall with my whole experience was with the contact I had for the wine labels was not responsive to my emails. The venue surpassed my expectations.

Linganore Winecellars 13
    Linganore Winecellars 14
    Linganore Winecellars 15
    Linganore Winecellars 16
    Sent on 05/15/2018

Julia · Married on 05/04/2018

I am so happy that I had my wedding at Linganore Winecellars! Everything throughout the wedding planning process and on the day of went so smoothly; they were so easy to work with. The venue is beautiful, and a key selling point for me was that they have beautiful outdoor AND indoor spaces, so we would have a nice setting regardless of weather. The Abisso Hall is so beautiful that very few decorations were needed; though adding ceiling string lighting really made the room look magical.

The event coordinator, Mary Beth, was very professional and responsive. She replied to all emails promptly- and I sent a LOT! I was initially a bit concerned after reading many reviews that mentioned poor communication, but I was pleased to discover any previous issues had been resolved. Our on-site day-of manager, Brittany, was also wonderful. All staff checked on us frequently throughout the wedding day.

We got married on a Friday, and the price was very reasonable. I do think we paid for a lot more alcohol than we used since they charge a flat rate for every adult (we didn't have a big drinking crowd). However, the reasonable costs for the space rental and other things balanced that out. They also have a caterer that they work very closely with, and Mary Beth is also the point of contact for them. It was nice to have everything go through one person.

I highly recommend Linganore Winecellars!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Kat · Married on 04/22/2018

We have held multiple events at Linganore Winecellars and have been impressed every time with their venue and services. Mary Beth Davis is the best coordinator I’ve ever worked with.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Jenn · Married on 04/14/2018

Linganore Winecellars is without a doubt the place to have your wedding if you are in search of a rustic venue with elegance. The beautiful Abisso Hall is a blank canvas, that even if you didn’t paint it with your creativity and touches, still portrays an elegant and warm feel for your wedding day. The ceremony site looking over the rolling hills of vines and hops is everything! The photos will not disappoint and your guests will be mesmerized. We have been receiving the best compliments from our big day, and it was all thanks to the beauty of this venue. The staff here is so accommodating and WANTS to be apart of your big day. We had the pleasure of working with Jordan during our event who made all of the behind the scenes happen whenever we asked, and Alex at the bar making sure our drinks were in our hands before we even asked. I can’t express how wonderful it was that the staff engaged with us at our wedding and our rehearsal dinner. They wanted to get to know us as a couple, and our families. They didn’t feel like staff to us, but as our guests and we loved looking over seeing them having just as much fun as us! We also must acknowledge Mary Beth. I want to think of myself as a very organized and on top of things person, which leaves me with a lot of questions! Mary Beth graciously answered them all in a timely fashion. She did everything she could to make our vision bloom. Being able to have everything happen there was so convenient and accommodating. We were able to rehearse the night before at the ceremony site, have rehearsal dinner to follow, get to the vineyard early in the morning the day of the wedding, have everyone come to us (hair, makeup etc), and be able to relax and pull ourselves together at the winery and Red Shedman brewery, before the big I Do’s. We could not be more thankful for Linganore and their staff. Our big day was a magical dream come true because of them!

Linganore Winecellars 17
    Linganore Winecellars 25
    Linganore Winecellars 26
    Sent on 04/17/2018

Karen · Married on 11/18/2017

Loved working with Mary Beth. She was very nice and took care of a lot of stuff "behind the scenes" so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Venue was gorgeous as well and looked great in pictures

Sent on 12/27/2017

Katherine · Married on 09/30/2017

After hearing so many horror stories about weddings-gone-wrong, Mary Beth and Linganore staff were a dream to work with! They acquiesced to all of our requests and made the day go so smoothly. I would choose them over and over again without hesitation!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Kelly · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I had a few things on our list when looking for a wedding venue. Linganore hit all the boxes, and exceeded our expectations! I wanted an outdoor ceremony, and many venues have absolutely no backup plan for bad weather -- Linganore, on the other hand, has a plan for rain (ceremony in the pavilion) and cold (everything moved inside the hall). Since our wedding was in March, we felt so happy that we didn't have to deal with the stress of ordering a tent or something (and we didn't end up needing to). The off-season prices also couldn't be beat!

Above all, Linganore Winecellars was just a gorgeous, fun place to get married. Our guests raved about the beautiful rolling hills and historic barn, and the delicious beer and wine. Multiple friends came up to me and said that it was one of the best weddings they'd ever been to. We opted for sangria to be served during "cocktail" hour and that was also a hit. The affiliated caterer, Fine Cuisine, served delicious food (people were especially thrilled with the mini-crabcakes and scallops for hors d'oeuvres).

We also booked a rehearsal and bridal suite, which was well worth the money. With the ceremony being in a field with a long walk to the aisle, the practice was much needed, and it was very convenient getting ready on site. Mary Beth was always very communicative about all my questions throughout the process. We can't imagine our wedding having gone more perfectly! And now we can go back for a wine tasting anytime we want to relive it :)

Sent on 04/06/2017

We went there for our rehearsal dinner and everything was beyond our expectations. We would definitely go there again for another event!

Sent on 01/22/2017

Lynda · Married on 11/06/2016

We had lots of compliments from our wedding guests about how beautiful the venue was. Overall we have nothing but good things to say about Linganore Winery. Marybeth was very helpful and answered all of our questions as well as suggested things we didn't think of including ways to save money! The food from their caterer was great, the only complaint was that the plate wasn't big enough and they had to go back for seconds! Our site manager for the wedding was awesome and my best friend for the day making sure all of our needs were met and keeping us all calm and happy. I would definitely recommend Linganore Winery.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/28/2016

We knew Linganore was the venue for us the first time we looked at it! It was the only place we looked at and we instantly fell in love. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. The staff was incredibly friendly and their coordinator Mary Beth went above and beyond to answer all of my questions during the planning process. All of my guests were raving about how good the drinks and food were and how pretty the space was. One friend (who is a professional wedding DJ) said of all the weddings he's ever been to, the venue was the prettiest he'd ever seen. Overall we could not be more pleased with Linganore!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Jordan · Married on 10/01/2016

We absolutely loved our wedding at Linganore Winecellars! Mary Beth and Chaz were very easy to work with, and helped us with everything we needed. It ended up raining on the day of our wedding, so we held our ceremony under the pavilion instead of out on the lawn. It ended up working out fine and our guests gushed over the beautiful landscape.

Sent on 12/03/2016

Lori · Married on 08/27/2016

The most beautiful wedding! I fell in love with Linganore as soon as I saw it and knew I had to have my wedding there. Mary Beth and Chas were both amazing to work with. All my guests thought it was a beautiful backdrop for ceremony and reception.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Katie · Married on 04/10/2016

Everyone at Linganore was wonderful, especially Mary Beth & Chaz! They were friendly and professional and a joy to work with. Despite the uncooperative weather, they were able to accommodate all of our guests by moving cocktail hour inside and opening the bar there earlier than expected. We even adjusted the floor plan the day before when I found out there would be two additional sheet cakes at the reception. We barely decorated and everyone kept complimenting the Abisso Hall and the general scenery & ambiance. Wonderful experience, I would highly recommend it.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Sally · Married on 11/28/2015

Fabulous location and service. Must use their catering and their beer/wine, but both were exceptional!

Sent on 12/12/2015
  • User6120421 · 2+ years ago

My wedding and reception at Linganore Winecellars was beyond perfect. I'm still getting compliments from our guests on the venue and the wonderful staff. Mary Beth was great to work with and Chaz could not have been anymore helpful. The food from the in-house caterer, Fine Cuisine, was fantastic and everyone loved the beer and wine which is all made onsite. Linganore Winecellars is the perfect place to get married!!!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Before our wedding: The location was perfect for our wedding ceremony and reception. FYI: There are a few places the ceremony can be held. The in-house caterer was informative, friendly and adaptable to requests. The winery has a new location for brides to get ready in which is also perfect for storing items for the wedding. Although it was at times difficult to get a hold of the event coordinator she ALWAYS responded to any messages and questions we had in a timely manner. She too was able to accommodate any changes we requested in a professional manner.

Day of wedding: The Linganore staff was extremely helpful, professional and friendly the day of our wedding. I don't know if our wedding could've gone more smoothly! Food, although I wasn't able to each much of it because of mingling, was delicious and exactly what I expected from the tasting.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Joe · Married on 07/11/2015

Beautiful place for our wedding/reception. Great to work with. Picture perfect location

Sent on 07/20/2015

Teri · Married on 06/27/2015

What a beautiful location for a wedding! Everything was perfect even tho the weather was not. At the rehearsal we decided to move the ceremony into the venue versus outside and we are sooo glad we did. The decision made the wedding even more intimate and beautiful. During the process Mary Beth was awesome. The staff was professional and friendly during the evening. I highly recommend Linganore for any occasion.

Sent on 07/02/2015