Lindsay King Photography Reviews

37 | Arlington, VA

37 Reviews for Lindsay King Photography

• Caroline

Caroline Wood · Getting married on 09/03/2021

Superb photography for our scrappy DC ceremony

Lindsay saved the day for our scrappy DC ceremony. We had planned for a big Texas wedding in March, but had to quickly pivot when COVID hit, and planned a mini ceremony in DC in 1 week. I contacted Lindsay 5 days before our wedding to see if she was available. She responded immediately, expertly guided us to find the perfect location, and was so flexible throughout the week to work with our ever changing plans. We met Lindsay for the first time at our "first look" and it was clear she was the right pick. She was very professional and calm, guided us to the best spots with different poses, and made the most of our 2 hours. The whole day was joyful and hilarious, despite the COVID circumstances, and she captured it perfectly. The photos turned out so beautifully. And it's been wonderful to share with our family and friends who were unable to attend - a special way for them to feel like they were there. As my dad said "Photographer is soooooperb!" Highly recommend Lindsay!

Sent on 06/19/2020

Pratik Desai · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Best in the business!

Lindsay and Greg did an absolutely incredible job capturing our proposal. From the moment I reached out, they were responsive and accommodating - advising on the best timing, waking through the proposal site, and providing feedback on potential contingencies in case of inclement weather. They were professional, friendly, and made our special day one that we'll always remember. They also produced incredible photographs that we still get compliments on from friends and family, one year later. We can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Kate

Kate Seamands · Married on 09/19/2020

Simply the best! 1000/10 would recommend!

We can’t thank Lindsay and Greg enough for sticking with us over the past year (we had several postponements). They truly made us feel comfortable and relaxed. We felt like we were just hanging out with friends taking pictures while wearing super fancy outfits :) They were like photography ninjas at the reception, stealthy capturing such wonderful moments! Just from the preview of the photos, we are blown away!! Thank you so much.

Sent on 10/22/2020

Maria · Married on 09/09/2020

Amazing DC Wedding Photographer

We had the best experience working with Lindsay and Greg. From our first meeting, they immediately made us feel comfortable and clearly understood what we were looking for. Our 65 guest wedding took place at a DC restaurant - Lindsay and Greg perfectly captured the laid back atmosphere we wanted for the day, and were extremely supportive in helping us plan how to capture the moments that mattered most to us. While our day didn't include many traditional wedding elements (wedding party, cake cutting, etc.) they guided us through making sure that between our portraits and candid shots nothing was missed.

Lindsay and Greg were knowledgeable and professional from start to finish. They helped us plan our schedule for the day, advising us on how long we would need for our portrait session (they were spot on with their timing!). By the time we arrived at the location they had scouted out the perfect spots for our portraits. Throughout the session they gave us just the right amount of guidance, both allowing us to interact with each other naturally and giving us direction for poses that led to stunning photos. All of our friends and family who came to the portrait session were impressed by Lindsay and Greg's efficiency, professionalism, and direction. Several people commented that they had never seen such a well run wedding portrait session. And those candids! Thanks to Lindsay and Greg, we have amazing photos of each one of our guests, allowing us to experience the joy of the day each time we look through our album. They were so discreet during the reception that several of our guests thought that they left after dinner, when really they were there for (almost) the whole party.

We were so impressed by Lindsay and Greg that we decided to order a wedding album from them as well. No surprise, they were extremely helpful and responsive while creating the album, and the final product exceeded our expectations.

From start to finish, we were so happy with Lindsay and Greg, and we can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 08/20/2020

Svamal · Married on 07/11/2020

Excellent experience

Lindsay was awesome, she found the perfect proposal spot and helped me plan out a proposal at short notice. The pictures were great, dogs in tow.

• Yichen

Yichen Hao · Married on 07/04/2020

Engagement Photo Session

Lindsay and Greg are absolutely the best photographers that I could have ever asked for! They’re just amazing, I don’t even know where to start with. Their survey, well, the form that they want people to fill out to contact them, is quite unique and thoughtful. For example, it asked me questions like what makes my love with my girlfriend (now Fiancé!) unique and if there’s any sentimental elements of my proposal, which did take me a while to fill out. But once I did, I just felt like I appreciate my relationship with my other half even more.

Working with them is also very pleasant fun. I reached out to them literately less than a week before my proposal, and I honestly didn't think this could work out in terms of time, but they quickly got back to me and let me know they were available and provided me with their detailed availability. Then we decided to meet for coffee around the place I decided to propose to discuss the details. Of course, I was going to propose to my girlfriend, so I got a bit excited. I was indecisive with the location, and I had been email bombing Lindsay for a couple of days about that. Luckily Lindsay and Greg were really patient and professional. They explained to me why this location would work while the other location would not. When we met for coffee at Georgetown, they took me to a location they recommend, which turned out to be just perfect.

And then the actual photo session, my Fiancé and I had no previous experience of being shot by photographers, so we had no idea how to pose, where to look at, and stuff like that, so they actually did mock-posing for us, which was awesome. They got the gallery ready for me and my Fiancé like 2 hours after my proposal, and the pictures are great. My Fiancé and I would definitely recommend Lindsay and Greg to our friends or anyone for their proposal or wedding!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Bridget Lamb · Married on 03/28/2020

Perfect Surprise

Greg and Lindsay are amazing at what they do. My fiancé planned a surprise engagement and asked Greg and Lindsay to photograph it. As a person who likes to stay out of the spotlight, I am generally awkward while being photographed. Greg and Lindsay made us feel SO comfortable, and the photos are absolutely gorgeous. These will be photos I look back on for years to come.

• Mikelle

Mikelle Rindflish · Married on 10/05/2019

Engagement Shoot

They are absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 12/27/2018
  • Alyson

Alyson · Married on 09/14/2019

Beautiful photos by great photographers!

Lindsay and Greg are amazing! Beautiful photos that really show their expertise. We worked with them for a post-engagement shoot and our wedding, which they traveled for. Very flexible and they really try to build a relationship with their clients to make you feel comfortable. They work as a great tag team covering both bride and groom before the wedding, and can share their favorite couple poses with you, as they're a couple themselves. Would definitely recommend them to our friends!

Sent on 04/04/2020

Tansy de Roos · Married on 09/07/2019

Lighthouse Wedding

Lindsay and I go way back; 4th grade to be exact. I was the new girl in a new school - and so was she! We bonded over this shared experience and became friends. Fast forward to 2019. Lindsay and I had lost touch because we’d both moved around quite a bit, but we stayed in touch through social media. And how serendipitous that turned out to be! Both Lindsay and I ended up in Virginia, only a few miles from one another. She started her photography business, Lindsay King Photography, with her husband, Greg, in Arlington and it just so happened that my sister was looking for a wedding photographer who would travel outside the country. I messaged Lindsay, asking if it was something she’d be interested in. She enthusiastically accepted. My sister was absolutely thrilled with her wedding photos, so much so that when it was my turn to choose, I knew exactly who to pick. Lindsay and Greg were fantastic to work with. They came with my soon-to-be husband and me to the lighthouse where we held our intimate wedding ceremony. Later that evening, they took photos of our beach reception. The photos they took were amazing and they made it a day I will never forget. To Lindsay and Greg - you made this experience so easy and enjoyable. I can’t thank you enough for being there on such an important day. It’s a day you made even better and I’ll treasure the memories through these photos forever.

Sent on 10/10/2020

Meaghan · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful experience and AMAZING pictures!!

Lindsay and Greg were incredible! They made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot and had great suggestions for locations. They were very flexible with us needing to reschedule our shoot due to an emergency. It is clear that they really care about building a relationship with their couples and I appreciated them taking the time to meet with us in person beforehand.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Kirsten De Roos · Married on 03/30/2019

They came to AFRICA

(Wedding date: March 2019) Lindsay and Greg were absolutely wonderful to work with. They were easy and accommodating to my (and my husband) very specific needs - travel all the way to South Africa from Virginia! We were worried we would have to spend a fortune for that kind of request, but Lindsay King Photography made it happen at a reasonable price. Their photographs were incredible, so much so that my sister used them for her wedding later in the year (Sept 2019). I couldn’t ask for better people to work with and the pictures they took were beyond anything I could imagine. Not only did they include photos from the wedding and wedding reception, but they took photos of our safari ride! It was an experience I’ll never forget. Thank you Lindsay King Photography (Lindsay and Greg!!)

Sent on 10/09/2020
  • Tim

Tim M · Married on 02/24/2019

The best team to work with!!!

Lindsay and Greg were fantastic to work with! Met with them before my surprise proposal and engagement shoot to cover best time to capture sunset and best locations at the Jefferson Memorial. Then when I had to move my surprise forward a week they were super easy to coordinate with and the shoot went off with out a hitch!! Amazing photos and a Great team to work with!!

Sent on 10/02/2020

Margaret · Married on 01/01/2019

Great Elopment Photos!

It was so wonderful having Lindsay and Greg as part of our special day. We love the photos they took of our elopement! And we so appreciated their kindness and thoughtfulness at every step, from their lovely welcome gift box filled with treats to giving us hand warmers during a chilly outdoor photo shoot! Thanks again! -James and Margaret

Sent on 05/29/2019

Melinda Boisjolie · Married on 11/10/2018

Incredible team and photos!

Lindsay and Greg are a fantastic team. Their laid-back attitude, love for adventure and of course, dreamy images, instantly drew us in and we're so happy we chose them. Lindsay worked with us closely to fine tune our day-of timeline and steered us in the right direction to make sure we captured everything. During our wedding, they made us feel comfortable and in many cases, we didn't even realize they were there! They truly captured the joy and love we felt with our friends and family members and we couldn't be more thrilled with the images we received. We would highly recommend choosing Lindsay and Greg for your proposal/engagement/wedding photo needs!

Sent on 03/15/2019

Lisa · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing photographers, amazing people

We couldn't be happier with our experience with Lindsay King Photography! Lindsay and Greg are incredibly talented and fun to be around. They go out of their way at each step to make you feel comfortable. Having a husband and wife team photograph you makes a world of difference - they are used to photographing together and are able to demonstrate poses and make the experience fun. We were blown away when we received both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. They captured the spirit of the day and all the big and little moments perfectly with great composition and a keen eye for detail. We will treasure our photos the rest of our lives and would choose Lindsay King Photography again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/29/2018

John · Married on 05/12/2018

Amazing Job at our Wedding!

Lindsay King was amazing! I honestly couldn't have asked for a better photographer. I did a lot of diligence on her and all the pictures that I saw of hers were amazing. She balanced creativity with the standard pictures we wanted. In addition, I love her demeanor. She is so pleasant to be around and everyone at the wedding thought she was so sweet. I would 100% recommend her! Happy to speak to anyone if they have questions.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Karima · Married on 05/05/2018

Absolute best photographers you could ever ask for!

Lindsay’s photography is absolutely the best quality I could’ve ever hoped for our wedding. It was the one thing that was so seamless and from beginning to end. I felt as though I didn’t have to worry about any shots not being captured (and I studied photography so you can imagine how paranoid I was)

You will not be disappointed with the absolutely gorgeous shots you get! People are always asking who we got as our photographer for our wedding because of how striking our images turned out!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Matt & Maggie · Married on 04/21/2018

Perfect Photographers for a Perfect Day!

To say Lindsay and Greg are fun to work with doesn't even begin to do the experience of working with them justice. Before we had our engagement photo sessions with them we met them for coffee to simply get to know them. Needless to say we left that meeting feeling very confident with our choice. Lindsay and Greg met us down in Alexandria for the photo-shoot and although we were a little nervous at first they immediately made us feel at easy by joking around and mock-posing for some photos for us. The process made us very confident and at ease going into the wedding

The wedding day went off without a hitch. Lindsay and Greg captured all of the photos we had requested and were so efficient we didn't miss any of the cocktail hour! They captured so many amazing moments that evening, and this may sound strange, but it felt like they weren't even there as the night went on. When we received the final batch of photos we were elated to see so many fantastic, fun, moments that we didn't even know happened! They really made sure that they not only captured us in many candid photos but our friends and family as well.

Another nice touch (although it made us anxious for the final photos!!) is that Lindsay teased out some of the photos on Instagram as she finalized them for us. That gave us an opportunity to relive the day and share them with all of our friends while building some excitement for the final batch of photos. Lindsay & Greg sent us all the photos on a thumb drive along with a very sweet gift, a great finishing touch to a wonderful experience.

We haven't hesitated to recommend Lindsay and Greg to our friends for their upcoming weddings, they are professional, caring, hardworking individuals and we would highly recommend them for your big day!

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Roman · Married on 01/09/2018

Great Photographers

Lindsay and Greg were wonderful photographers. The day of our wedding they were timely, and took photos naturally once getting on site. I cannot express enough how thoughtfully they took into account our day of schedule and "must have" photos. We didn't have to worry about anything except enjoying our wedding day! Our venue thought Lindsay and Greg were so professional and easy-going that they asked for their information so they could suggest them as a preferred vendor for future weddings.

Thank you so much Lindsay and Greg! We love and adore our wedding photos!

Sadia · Married on 08/12/2017

So many great things to say! We found Lindsay through our wedding planner Alison (Cherry Blossom Events), we planned to hire a photographer for two ceremonies in the same day. It was a last minute decision to hire professional photographers so I didn’t do much research on her before booking. Our experience was the incredible. She was on time, responsive to our requests yet flexible and easy going. We shot a two locations in the same day and she made it really painless! Most of the time I couldn’t even notice them shooting but the pictures were simply amazing. She captured every candid, meaningful and emotional part of both ceremonies. I couldn’t be happier with our pictures! If you are looking for someone low stress who takes gorgeous photos, hire Lindsay, you will not regret it!!!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Allison · Married on 06/10/2017

Working with Lindsay and Greg for our wedding was a dream! We could tell as soon as we met them how deeply they cared about making our experience special, and it showed in the beautiful photos they captured. Lindsay and Greg make sure that each detail and moment is captured, and the result was an incredible photographic story that encapsulated the soul of our wedding day. They go above and beyond in every sense of the word, and their work reflects their dedication and talent. We will cherish our wedding photos forever! Thank you Lindsay and Greg!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Nicole · Married on 04/01/2017

I needed a last minute photographer for a surprise wedding we were holding, about 3-4 weeks after I initially contacted Lindsay. She was prompt, thorough in our chats, and even did a Facetime consult with me because I was unable to make our meeting. Both Greg and Lindsay were AMAZING. They put to photo what we envisioned and more for our day, and their work brought me to tears on several occasions. I don't have proper words to convey my gratitude for their ability to capture our day so magically. We also had no idea they were there. It was seamless, they were out of sight, and you'd never know it looking at the photos. We will use them for every possible photographable moment we can. I've never been so pleased with a service, ever. When it was time to receive our photos, the attention to detail and delivery of the photos was perfection. The USB came in a personalized box, along with a beautiful ring holder, a gorgeous print, and some other special details. I cannot thank them enough for making our day so perfect. We even made a wedding blog!

Sent on 12/07/2017

maria · Married on 09/10/2016

Lindsay and Greg were so awesome - with immaculate attention to detail from the beginning to end of the process. From our first phone call, they were nothing short of delightful! They worked with us to accommodate our budget, were more than happy to meet with us whenever we wanted and were great listeners. They walked through all of our photography details, did a site visit and even took us out for lunch in advance of our big day.

And as wonderful as they were throughout the pre-wedding planning process, they still totally blew us away with how awesome they were day of! Lindsay and Greg were prompt, professional and totally fun to be around all day on our wedding day. They captured all of the posed photos we wanted, but what was extra special about them was how well they caught so, so many candid moments throughout the day. Their style is beautiful and photojournalistic and captured the day in a really personal and special way. They were also EVERYWHERE without being at all intrusive. They stealthily captured moments without being in your face at all, and at the same time, whenever we wanted to find one of them to take an unplanned shot, they were right there when we needed them. In addition to the amazing photography, Lindsay and Greg are just great people to be around - we had a blast with them and they played a big role in making our day special.

As if we didn't already love them enough, a few weeks after our wedding they surprised us with a photo slideshow video in advance of delivering our photos to us! It was so sweet and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Thanks, Lindsay and Greg! You're the best!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Victoria · Married on 08/07/2016

My name is Tori and I am a bride who is forever grateful for the gift Lindsay gave to me. Lindsay took both our engagement photos and our wedding photos and I could not have had more fun during the process nor could I been prepared for how moved I would be when I was able to see the final products. I knew I loved my fiancé but I was worried that I would be too awkward during the photo session for that love to show through the photos (this was during our engagement photo shoot). Boy was I wrong. I was wrong not because I wasn’t awkward (I was) but because Lindsay made me feel completely at ease, at ease with the process, at ease with the location and at ease with myself. Lindsay was fun and exuberant; I couldn’t help but laugh and have fun too! We had some pictures printed out from this session and they are some of my all time favorite pictures.

Our wedding was in GA, on August, at 11am. Need I say more?! Lindsay was fantastic the whole day! She never balked when I asked her to be at the venue early that morning, she didn’t hesitate when I told her the wedding was outside, in the sun and she didn’t think twice when we decided to leave our reception earlier than planned. My wedding day was beautiful and it will be a day I treasure forever. Lindsay gave me the ability to truly remember the day through the pictures she took and as I grow old and my memories start to fade (many years from now) I will have those pictures she took to help me remember what a beautiful and special day it was.

Lindsay is incredibly talented and I wouldn’t want anyone else capturing my life’s most important moments. Thank you for the gift you gave to me Lindsay, I’ll never be able to say thank you enough!

Sent on 07/24/2017