Lindsay King Photography Reviews

16 | Arlington, VA

16 Reviews for Lindsay King Photography

16 Lindsay King Photography Reviews

Sadia · Married on 08/12/2017

So many great things to say! We found Lindsay through our wedding planner Alison (Cherry Blossom Events), we planned to hire a photographer for two ceremonies in the same day. It was a last minute decision to hire professional photographers so I didn’t do much research on her before booking. Our experience was the incredible. She was on time, responsive to our requests yet flexible and easy going. We shot a two locations in the same day and she made it really painless! Most of the time I couldn’t even notice them shooting but the pictures were simply amazing. She captured every candid, meaningful and emotional part of both ceremonies. I couldn’t be happier with our pictures! If you are looking for someone low stress who takes gorgeous photos, hire Lindsay, you will not regret it!!!

Allison · Married on 06/10/2017

Working with Lindsay and Greg for our wedding was a dream! We could tell as soon as we met them how deeply they cared about making our experience special, and it showed in the beautiful photos they captured. Lindsay and Greg make sure that each detail and moment is captured, and the result was an incredible photographic story that encapsulated the soul of our wedding day. They go above and beyond in every sense of the word, and their work reflects their dedication and talent. We will cherish our wedding photos forever! Thank you Lindsay and Greg!

Nicole · Married on 04/01/2017

I needed a last minute photographer for a surprise wedding we were holding, about 3-4 weeks after I initially contacted Lindsay. She was prompt, thorough in our chats, and even did a Facetime consult with me because I was unable to make our meeting. Both Greg and Lindsay were AMAZING. They put to photo what we envisioned and more for our day, and their work brought me to tears on several occasions. I don't have proper words to convey my gratitude for their ability to capture our day so magically. We also had no idea they were there. It was seamless, they were out of sight, and you'd never know it looking at the photos. We will use them for every possible photographable moment we can. I've never been so pleased with a service, ever. When it was time to receive our photos, the attention to detail and delivery of the photos was perfection. The USB came in a personalized box, along with a beautiful ring holder, a gorgeous print, and some other special details. I cannot thank them enough for making our day so perfect. We even made a wedding blog!

maria · Married on 09/10/2016

Lindsay and Greg were so awesome - with immaculate attention to detail from the beginning to end of the process. From our first phone call, they were nothing short of delightful! They worked with us to accommodate our budget, were more than happy to meet with us whenever we wanted and were great listeners. They walked through all of our photography details, did a site visit and even took us out for lunch in advance of our big day.

And as wonderful as they were throughout the pre-wedding planning process, they still totally blew us away with how awesome they were day of! Lindsay and Greg were prompt, professional and totally fun to be around all day on our wedding day. They captured all of the posed photos we wanted, but what was extra special about them was how well they caught so, so many candid moments throughout the day. Their style is beautiful and photojournalistic and captured the day in a really personal and special way. They were also EVERYWHERE without being at all intrusive. They stealthily captured moments without being in your face at all, and at the same time, whenever we wanted to find one of them to take an unplanned shot, they were right there when we needed them. In addition to the amazing photography, Lindsay and Greg are just great people to be around - we had a blast with them and they played a big role in making our day special.

As if we didn't already love them enough, a few weeks after our wedding they surprised us with a photo slideshow video in advance of delivering our photos to us! It was so sweet and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Thanks, Lindsay and Greg! You're the best!

Colleen · Married on 06/11/2016

Lindsay was such an amazing photographer, and I don't think we could have asked for anyone better to share our day. She and Greg (her second photographer) went above and beyond for us.

We wanted to do an outdoor first look, and they did scouting beforehand and endured the 90 degree weather with us. They made us feel comfortable the whole evening, and during the wedding itself, they were as nonintrusive as can be. They were even gracious enough to work through their dinner break to put together a slideshow of ceremony and first look pictures that our guests could enjoy during the dancing.

We happily recommend Lindsay!

Sidenote: Lindsay and Greg also did our engagement photos, and they were just as amazing during that photo shoot. The photos turned out beautifully.

Emily · Married on 11/21/2015

A Photographer with Style & Grace
    We found Lindsay King Photography and the talented Lindsay King and her husband, Greg, through our wedding planners. Not only did Lindsay and Greg make us feel like they truly cared about us as a couple getting married, but they were really easy going and fun to work with.
    They provided a clear contract and were straight forward on budget. Closer to the time of the wedding we got a great questionnaire that covered everything from how we wanted the day to go, where we wanted them to be, to our stylistic preferences (i.e. candid over headshots).
    We got some absolutely beautiful photos. Some of moments we didn’t even know they were capturing. They went all out to get really neat shots that incorporated the sunshine, lighting, the venue, and small touches of things that really mattered to us. In addition, we got over 1,000 photos to choose from in an online library and still can’t decide between the photos because there are just so many that are excellent. We also received a beautiful put together wooden box with a flash drive and small photo album for us to keep.
    Lindsay truly is talented; she is a pleasure to work with and is such a calming visionary on the wedding day. She and Greg expertly executed to make sure every aspect of the day was captured.

• Krista

Krista · Married on 11/07/2015

I found Lindsay and Greg on Weddingwire and from the moment we met I knew I wanted them to be our wedding photographers. Wedding photos are such intimate and personal memories that will last forever, and I knew I wanted to be comfortable with the people taking these forever memories. Just like a life partner, I believe you should have great chemistry with your photographers, and we definitely hit it off! Lindsay and Greg met with us in person and discussed their style, their finished product, and were so happy for us and in tune with what we wanted I knew they were the right photographers for us.

Lindsay was always prompt in communicating and answered all my silly questions I had leading up to the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Lindsay and Greg showed up early and blended seamlessly into the background so as not to disturb the crazy wedding shenanigans. Later that night of the wedding we received a sweet surprise- they shared one of the photos they captured of me and my new husband via email. I hadn't anticipated seeing anything for months, so being able to see one the same night of the wedding and before anyone else was just another example how Lindsay and Greg are just as excited for your wedding as you.

We received our online photo gallery ahead of schedule and the photos were incredible. They captured all the sweet, beautiful, intimate, and silly candid moments of all our close family and friends and everyone has remarked just how amazing our photos came out. Lindsay also worked with my mom to surprise me with an edited photo of my late father walking down the aisle with me. When it came time to decide on what photos made the cut for the final hard cover album, Lindsay listened and understood exactly what I wanted. They met us over coffee to deliver our amazing album and it turned out better than I could have ever imagined.

From their professionalism and friendly personalities to their beautiful photos and personal touches, I am so beyond happy

Contessa · Married on 10/04/2015

I previously worked with Lindsay years ago and when I first started planning my wedding, she was one of the first photographers I contacted. After meeting up again after a few years and chatting with her and Greg, together with my now-husband, we knew as soon we walked out of the meeting that they were the perfect photographers for us. My husband and I aren't the most comfortable in front of the camera so we knew we needed photographers we were comfortable with so that we wouldn't look completely awkward in our photos! We found that in Lindsay and Greg. They let us interact with each other naturally, but also helped us with some poses that looked great and still felt comfortable.

In addition to just being great people in general, they were very professional from start to finish. We wanted our engagement photos around the peak of the cherry blossoms and Lindsay helped us find the right location for some beautiful shots that wouldn't have swarms of tourists in them. And on our wedding day, we wanted to be able to enjoy our cocktail hour and spend time with our guests instead of being whisked away for photos, so we took all of our bride/groom and family shots before the ceremony, which I admit I was nervous about whether we would fit it all in, but we did! For the rest of our wedding, we actually forgot Lindsay and Greg were there because they were never in the way, but somehow got every perfect shot. I couldn't be happier with our experience and the photos we got from Lindsay and Greg and would highly recommend them to anyone who needs a wedding photographer.

Rakesh · Married on 09/19/2015

Lindsay was fantastic! I had emailed her with a plan for my surprise proposal and she offered to come out to the venue to scope it out beforehand to make sure she could photograph it. She was great to work with and the photos at the Starbucks we took look so amazing that a lot of my friends thought we had staged the whole thing. What was also great and important to me is that she works with her husband so there are always two photographers working with you on the day of the event.

Mahesh · event on: 11/15/2014

Lindsey and Greg were nothing short of phenomenal when it came to capturing that special moment where I proposed to my fiancee. That moment is now memorialized in a series of beautiful photographs that Lindsay painstakingly and professionally guided me through and planned ahead of time. Without her professionalism, patience, and technical expertise, I could have never gotten those photo to come out as beautifully as they did. She has my highest recommendation.

Lindsay and Greg photographed my surprise proposal to my girlfriend, including some post-proposal engagement shots. Not only were the pictures incredible, Lindsay and Greg were perfectly professional throughout the entire process. They scouted the intended proposal location in advance, helped locate the ideal proposal spot on-site, and had fantastic ideas for the post-proposal shots. Moreover, they did all this outside in seriously cold weather over the course of a few hours. My fiance and I were thrilled with our photos. We cannot recommend Lindsay and Greg more highly.

Amanda · Married on 11/02/2014

My fiance and I chose Lindsay to create a "one of a kind" wedding invitation. Instead of a traditional paper invite, we wanted a stop motion video detailing the evolution of our relationship which we could send to families far and wide. During our initial meeting with Lindsay (and her creative husband Greg!), my fiance and I brought a few ideas to the table but told Lindsay that we were really open to letting her creative juices flow. I cannot express how happy we are that we trusted Lindsay to storyboard, shoot, edit, compile, etc such a special project. From the very first email to sending us the final product, Lindsay was amazingly professional and fun! She really listened to what we offered up as suggestions and small bits of our lives together to produce a meaningful, personalized and ingenious video. Lindsay and Greg even invited us over to their place for a viewing party which was so thoughtful, yummy and the perfect way to see the final product before anyone else. Our wedding invitees have also raved about the video and continue to comment on how well our personalities shined through the three minute story. We simply cannot say thank you enough!

• User3961299 · event on: 01/11/2014

Lindsay has been shooting a special project and holiday party for me for four years. She is spectacularly able to take my lofty visions and find the technology and method to allow them to find paper. Her capabilities never cease to amaze.

Julie · event on: 09/15/2012

Lindsay and her assistant were creative and thoughtful about how they set up every detail of our shoot. My daughter is not at all at ease in front of a camera and Lindsay used several strategies to help her relax and enjoy the experience. We were outdoors and Lindsay selected spots that offered great backgrounds. She also needed to adapt to the natural sunlight and shade patterns caused by trees, etc. We were thrilled with the photos and had a hard time choosing our favorites! Lindsay is a great artist, very easy to work with, and a true pro. We will definitely go back to Lindsay King Photography for future events!

Michelle · event on: 09/24/2012

I am so happy with the service and results - working with Lindsay was a dream!

I wanted to give my brother and his fiancee an engagement photo shoot as a gift (this wasn't actually an engagement party but the drop-down menu only had so many options to choose from), so I reached out to Lindsay. I was impressed with her professionalism - she was on time, she had lots of ideas for places to shoot around DC, and spent about 3 hours with us. She posted the photos promptly on her site and I was easily able to download them, use them in invitations/etc, and share with friends/family.

Not to mention, the photos were great and Lindsay really captured the chemistry between my brother and his fiancee - she got them to laugh, jump, etc and we really got some great photos. I would highly recommend working with her, and would love to work with her again!