Lindley Scott House Reviews

Lindley Scott House 7
  • Jaque

Jaque Sotolongo · Married on 09/01/2019

Fantastic!!!

Diane at the Lindley Scott House is such an amazing person to work with! She makes you feel at home and is so understanding and flexible. The property itself is also BEAUTIFUL!!

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • User7137481 · Recently married

Beautiful Vintage Garden Wedding

Our experience at the Lindley-Scott House was truly memorable. We were so well taken care of by Diane and George. We immediately fell in love with the beautiful venue that we didn't even have to search elsewhere. I loved especially that the venue practically took care of everything for us easing a lot of stress and anxiety. We went with the filet mignon option and married on a Friday. I truly want to thank everyone at the venue for such a wonderful wedding we had. Our guests are still raving about the wedding.

Sent on 09/18/2019
    Lindley Scott House 8
    Lindley Scott House 9
    Lindley Scott House 10

Kimberly · Married on 03/09/2019

Beautiful Location

Dianne at the Lindley Scott house was such a pleasure to work with. Everyone complimented on how amazing the meals were. Everything was effortless and the decor was easy to match. Dianne was very flexible with our requests and the bakery that works with the Lindley Scott House made an amazing cake

Sent on 04/07/2019

Roger Morales · Married on 12/08/2018

Groom of the event

The LSH is the finest example of a family owned business. George, Diane, and Scotty are all so attentive, accommodating, and nice. During the planning stages, you will work with Diane who is incredible, especially at responding despite what hour of the day it is. Later, you will meet George on the night of the rehearsal, and Scotty on the day of the event. Aside from that, the gardens look like something straight out of a fairytail. The grounds are manicured, lush, and are excellent for photos. I also think that the trees where responsible for blocking out the sounds of traffic. Then, there was the wedding carriage. It looked so beautiful!! Its clean, spacious, and the food was so GOOD!! I have attended many weddings in the past, in which the food was undercooked, cold, and mediocre. However, with the LSH, you wont encounter this problem!! Its hot, delicious, and comes out on time and quickly. We can thank Scotty for that. Speaking of which, he was always there to assist us, as well as his staff. They are polite, and always giving water, ice tea, and cleaning. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 12/31/2018

James Ball · Married on 11/17/2018

I was a guest at the event

I attended a wedding at the LSH in November, and it was fantastic. The staff, food, and event were all devine. Firstly, the employees were professional, polite, and efficient. Secondly, I had the steak, and it was as delecious as the dishes at the Ritz. Thirdly, the event itself was organized and fun. Lastly, I would like to mention the bartender, Tar. Yes, their bartenders name is Tar. The dude is one of the nicest, raddest dudes I have ever met. He even through in a double for me several times, free of charge.

Sent on 12/27/2018
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 11/17/2018

Magical Event Space - Highly Recommend!

From the moment we walked into the Lindley-Scott House we fell in love with the place. It was the first venue we visited and we knew that we wanted to get married there. Diane was amazing, she established a great relationship with me, my husband and two daughters the first time we met. During the 9 months before our wedding she remembered the small details about our big day, even remembering my daughter hates asparagus.

The venue was absolutely gorgeous, the staff was professional and I absolutely LOVED our Wedding Coordinator. She was the perfect person to have by my side when the DJ played the wrong song or when we were changing our minds last minute during the reception.

Diane and her team made recommendations on vendors and even got involved when we had an issue with the baker provided through the venue.

I can't speak highly enough about our experience. The atmosphere, look of the venue, food and staff was absolutely amazing. I would recommend the Lindley-Scott House for any bride looking to have a memorable wedding, it can be classed up or kept casual.

Thank you Lindley-Scott, our day was made even more special by your attention to detail and care during our big day!

Sent on 02/20/2019
    Lindley Scott House 11
    Lindley Scott House 12
    Lindley Scott House 13
    Lindley Scott House 14
    Lindley Scott House 15

Timmy Green · Married on 09/30/2018

Extravagant

I knew this was where I wanted to get married after my first meeting here. I’ve heard great reviews about how beautiful the location is as well as the professionalism of the staff, so I had to check it out. After having my meeting with the delightful woman, I had the chance to see the grounds and I knew this was it. The location was well kept and it had a beauty and simplicity that caught my eyes. My wedding day was something I dreamed of ever since I was a little boy and the Lindley Scott house made it into a reality. The staff was amazing, the location was beautiful and the food was great! All my friends enjoyed the location and most importantly my wife did too. Great venue and I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2018

Lauren & Ricky's Wedding

Our Wedding was September 15th 2018. Diane the owner was very easy to get in to contact with and very professinal. The wedding coordinator's (sorry I forgot their names but it was a man and a women) were super on top of things, making sure that my new Husband and I had everything we needed.(a whole bottle of champagne for myself lol at our sweetheart table😊) The bridal sweet was nice but small all of my bridesmaids my mother and kids were allowed up there. We got to do our frist look on the beautiful stair case. The ceromy went as plan, the only thing was that after the ceromy nobody was directing our guest to the reception area and our guest were just standing around. Our grand entrance went well not sure if the DJ or wedding coordinators had the wrong order of the bridal party names to enter. Food was good didnt get to eat much bc i was so busy. Bartender was great and service was fast always serving bride and groom first. Dance floor was perfect size even though it looks small it brought everyone closer to dance together. Restroom were decent. I wish we had more time at our weeding we only had 5 in a half hrs. But overall great Wedding! Thank you Lindley-scott house😊😊😊

Sent on 06/14/2019
    Lindley Scott House 16
    Lindley Scott House 17

Gloria · Married on 08/19/2018

My nephew got married in an outdoor ceremony at the Lindley Scott House. It was so beautiful we decided to hold y sister's retirement party there, as well. Everything went well. The grounds and facilities are lovely and well maintained. The staff is professional, friendly, attentive & helpful. The food is well prepared and very tasty - definitely not your run-of-the-mill banquet fare. There's plenty of room on the dance floor. Of course it's kid friendly and wheelchair accessible.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Melanie · Married on 04/21/2018

The Lindley Scott House is an absolutely hidden gem. My guests could not believe it was located in Azusa. The venue is beautiful and elegant. Diane and George were amazing to work with and the day of assistants/coordinators were a dream. I didn’t want or need for anything.

One thing I was worried about was the food since you are unable to taste it beforehand; I didn’t need to be. Everything was delicious and I received many compliments that it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. Is it innovative or trendy? No it’s not. But it’s classic and delicious and they served good portions.

Please do not hesitate to book this special venue. I would re book again in a heartbeat. Attentive, accommodating staff, beautiful photogenic venue, and delicious food. You can’t go wrong.

Sent on 05/07/2018
    Lindley Scott House 18
    Lindley Scott House 19
    Lindley Scott House 20
    Lindley Scott House 21

Andrea · Married on 12/16/2017

Honestly i was dreading my venue hunting the most out of all the planning but Diane and Scott made my whole venue experience so painless! They were so helpful, responsive, and accomodating - they couldn’t have made things easier for me. The Lindley Scott house itself more than met our expectations. And I loved saying I do underneath the giant oak tree!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2017

We loved having our wedding at the Lindley Scott House! They make everything so easy, and at a very fair price. Diane, George, and the whole team made us feel so well taken care of on our special day. The site is BEAUTIFUL! The food is very good, and they have an expansive bar selection for the reception. They also include the cake from a local bakery, which was convenient and delicious!! Our big day was perfect, and this was the perfect venue for us! We highly recommend the Lindley Scott House!!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Makayla · Married on 09/09/2017

The Lindley Scott House was incredible!! Diane was beyond amazing! She was so kind, funny, and helpful in every situation. We had a outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception. The morning of our wedding a massive storm began and we were devastated that our outdoor ceremony we had planned would probably have to change and be moved indoors! However Diane and her husband George were on top of it. They set up the ceremony outside and covered everything up for us in the hope that if the storm cleared we could still have our outdoor ceremony we were dreaming of. They were so helpful and prepared. The rain cleared about 45 minutes before our ceremony was to begin and they let me choose if I wanted to go for it or change our plan and we went for it! They got everything set up perfect beyond my imagination with in 30 minutes and we had the most BEAUTIFUL ceremony I could have dreamed of. The food was so delicious, everyone loved it. The venue is stunning and the people were so great to work with Scotty and Emily were our wedding coordinators for the day provided by the venue. They were so attentive, helpful, kept everything running smoothly and on time. I felt so beyond blessed to have such wonderful people help us put together the best day of our lives. I recommend The Lindley Scott House to everyone!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Carrie · Married on 09/09/2017

We recently (9/9/17) held my daughter's ceremony and reception here. The venue is beautiful. We used the arch for the ceremony. From our first appointment and meeting Diane, we fell in the love with the site and Diane. Any time we asked to come by and walk the grounds again or needed a measurement or an answer to a question, Diane got right back to us and treated us as if we were her only bride getting married there. We met George the night of the rehearsal and he was very patient and very precise and organized. The day of the wedding everything was set up exactly as we had asked. Emily, our coordinator, was on top of everything and always had a smile. The food was very generous portions and we got a lot of compliments from guests. (we weren't allowed to try it ahead of time but had read previous reviews and trusted it would taste good). The staff was very on top of things. We would highly recommend this venue and loved how stress-free it was dealing with everyone there.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Allyson · Married on 05/13/2017

Where do we begin? Diane was AMAZING to deal with! If I had questions, she had answers for me. Unlike other venues, she always got back to me within two hours of my email. She was a true pleasure to work with. The food was top notch, as well. (The tri tip is to die for!) The venue is lovely and you cannot hear the traffic outside, which was a bonus.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Kelly · Married on 01/30/2017

Our daughter and son-in-law were married at the Lindley-Scott house in September. From signing the contract to the end of the reception, everything was absolutely wonderful! Diane was just so sweet and made our daughter and son-in-law feel special and well taken care of from the initial meeting. She took us as parents around the venue as well, answered all of our questions and explained clearly how things would take place. George did a wonderful job at the rehearsal. Everything went very smoothly and we were made to feel at ease about what would take place the day of the wedding. He never made us feel rushed, and answered all our questions with courtesy and patience. The day of the wedding, the venue was ready to go when we arrived. The linens were spotless and pressed, our table runners were placed perfectly, and the floor, etc. were extremely clean. The grounds were immaculate as well. Emily and Scott took such great care of the bride and groom before and after the wedding. The guests were well taken care of as well - food was excellent and bar service was prompt and very courteous, cake was delicious! We had such a special day ...everything was beyond our expectations and we can't thank Diane, George, Scott and Emily enough!

Sent on 12/23/2017

Jennifer · Married on 11/04/2016

These guys gave us the most stress-free beautiful day. We cannot thank George, Diane, and Katlyn enough for all that they did. Our day was perfect! In fact, they felt like family from the very beginning and accommodated our every need. Definitely a place to check out for your special day, you won't regret it, beautiful venue, friendly people, and stress-free planning!

Sent on 12/24/2016

Kendall · Married on 10/08/2016

Our wedding at the Lindley-Scott House in October was absolutely wonderful! Diane, George, and the entire staff were a joy to work with from start to finish. The LSH staff that helped on the day of our wedding were extremely friendly and accommodating, the food was delicious, and the grounds are private and absolutely beautiful! LSH is a great venue for both quality and value. Thank you LSH! :)

Sent on 12/19/2016

Andrea · Married on 09/05/2016

What a great venue for an even better value! Not only was the ceremony and reception amazingly beautiful but Diane and George were so friendly and helpful in getting all the accommodations together and making sure everything ran smoothly! The rest of the staff were all very friendly and helpful as well. Overall, just amazing from start to finish!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Manda · Married on 12/05/2015

It's funny how many times I had driven by and never new the LSH was there, right by Azusa Pacific! The house and its premises have a secret garden feel to it, as it hides in plain sight behind wrought iron and twisting vines. I "discovered" it recently at a colleagues' wedding and was totally wowed. What a gem we have here in the San Gabriel Valley! The grounds were well maintained, the reception hall was elegant, the staff was accommodating and attentive. It was really a beautiful experience. I wish I had discovered you guys sooner! Highly recommended site for wedding and events.

Sent on 12/19/2015

Chayanis · Married on 11/22/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception here. The wedding venue is gorgeous and the food is amazing. We receive tons of compliments on how pretty the venue is. The best part about this venue is, Diane (the coordinator). Diane is very straight forward and explains all the details and fees upfront.. no surprises, no hidden cost. With her help, our wedding day went very smoothly. In addition, staffs were very professional and friendly. Our wedding day couldn't be any more perfect!

Sent on 12/20/2015

I wholeheartedly recommend Lindley-Scott House! Diane, George and Amanda are amazing; the venue is simply beautiful; the pricing is affordable; the food was amazing (chicken and salmon); and it comes with a wedding cake from Some Crust Bakery. The venue was perfect for my 1920s New Orleans style wedding. The guests raved on how beautiful the venue and my wedding was!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Vicky · Married on 10/18/2015

We give the LIndley Scott House a perfect score or an overall rating of 5 because our wedding turn out to be a perfect weeding for us. Diane, is such a lovely sweet lady, who take care and make sure that we will have a wonderful wedding. The venue, staffs, the services and the food are fabulous. Memories we created on our wedding day in Lindley Scott House is priceless. Our family and friends are so amazed and incredibly happy on our wedding day. We highly recommend this venue/ceremony for any future wedding in town.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Joe-Roxi · Married on 09/26/2015

My wife and I shopped around for quite some time for our wedding venue. We finally decided on the Lindley-Scott House (LSH), and I could not be happier in our choice!!
    The ambiance at LSH house is perfect. It is romantic, bright with lots of windows, the walls and carpet are neutral enough to go with any décor, and the outside areas are stunning! You guests will love being able to go outside to get some fresh air. They can sit on one of the many benches, stroll through the gardens, or sit in the lit gazeebo.
    We were absolutely blown away by the staff at the LSH on the day of our wedding. Everyone was very professional. Amanda, the team lead at LSH, is amazing. All staff members went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. We had passed appetizers, which were a big hit. Staff members came and took drink orders from us and our wedding party as we took pictures. They even brought us some appetizers, which was very thoughtful. Dinner service was incredibly smooth. All food came out timely, and drinks were kept full. All-in-all the staff at LSH should be commended on their excellent job, we could not have been more pleased!! We opted for an open bar at the reception (which is a phenomenal value at LSH).
    The food at LSH was great. Our guests raved over the fish and fillet. Everything was cooked as requested, served hot, and full of flavor! The portions were more than generous. Your guests will not leave hungry.
    LSH is a great choice for wedding venue for both quality and value. When shopping for venues we were struck by how ridiculous some venues were priced. LSH gives you the perfect mix of upscale at a reasonable price.
    And best of all, the owners Diane and George are a hoot. Seriously, Diane is a little fire-cracker and it is a pleasure to have worked with her. She is professional, prompt, and fair. She was always there to provide any help or advice we needed. She answered many questions and helped ease my sometimes worried bride.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Mike · Married on 10/24/2014

I needed a place for my daughter's wedding. We searched everywhere, but I really didn't have a big budget. When we met with Diane she seemed happier about my 19 year old daughter getting married then I did. She was so sweet to help my daughter put together an amazing wedding. When I saw the price tag I was shocked that they could fit so much into such a cheap price. The place was beautiful. The food was great. All I had to do was sit back and be a proud Dad. I'm so thankful I kept looking and found the Lindley Scott House. Thanks again George and Diane.

Sent on 12/29/2015