Lindley Scott House Reviews

49 | Azusa, CA

49 Reviews for Lindley Scott House

49 Lindley Scott House Reviews

Gloria · Married on 08/19/2018

My nephew got married in an outdoor ceremony at the Lindley Scott House. It was so beautiful we decided to hold y sister's retirement party there, as well. Everything went well. The grounds and facilities are lovely and well maintained. The staff is professional, friendly, attentive & helpful. The food is well prepared and very tasty - definitely not your run-of-the-mill banquet fare. There's plenty of room on the dance floor. Of course it's kid friendly and wheelchair accessible.

Melanie · Married on 04/21/2018

The Lindley Scott House is an absolutely hidden gem. My guests could not believe it was located in Azusa. The venue is beautiful and elegant. Diane and George were amazing to work with and the day of assistants/coordinators were a dream. I didn’t want or need for anything.

One thing I was worried about was the food since you are unable to taste it beforehand; I didn’t need to be. Everything was delicious and I received many compliments that it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. Is it innovative or trendy? No it’s not. But it’s classic and delicious and they served good portions.

Please do not hesitate to book this special venue. I would re book again in a heartbeat. Attentive, accommodating staff, beautiful photogenic venue, and delicious food. You can’t go wrong.

Lindley Scott House 1
    Lindley Scott House 2
    Lindley Scott House 3
    Lindley Scott House 4

Andrea · Married on 12/16/2017

Honestly i was dreading my venue hunting the most out of all the planning but Diane and Scott made my whole venue experience so painless! They were so helpful, responsive, and accomodating - they couldn’t have made things easier for me. The Lindley Scott house itself more than met our expectations. And I loved saying I do underneath the giant oak tree!

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2017

We loved having our wedding at the Lindley Scott House! They make everything so easy, and at a very fair price. Diane, George, and the whole team made us feel so well taken care of on our special day. The site is BEAUTIFUL! The food is very good, and they have an expansive bar selection for the reception. They also include the cake from a local bakery, which was convenient and delicious!! Our big day was perfect, and this was the perfect venue for us! We highly recommend the Lindley Scott House!!

Makayla · Married on 09/09/2017

The Lindley Scott House was incredible!! Diane was beyond amazing! She was so kind, funny, and helpful in every situation. We had a outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception. The morning of our wedding a massive storm began and we were devastated that our outdoor ceremony we had planned would probably have to change and be moved indoors! However Diane and her husband George were on top of it. They set up the ceremony outside and covered everything up for us in the hope that if the storm cleared we could still have our outdoor ceremony we were dreaming of. They were so helpful and prepared. The rain cleared about 45 minutes before our ceremony was to begin and they let me choose if I wanted to go for it or change our plan and we went for it! They got everything set up perfect beyond my imagination with in 30 minutes and we had the most BEAUTIFUL ceremony I could have dreamed of. The food was so delicious, everyone loved it. The venue is stunning and the people were so great to work with Scotty and Emily were our wedding coordinators for the day provided by the venue. They were so attentive, helpful, kept everything running smoothly and on time. I felt so beyond blessed to have such wonderful people help us put together the best day of our lives. I recommend The Lindley Scott House to everyone!

Carrie · Married on 09/09/2017

We recently (9/9/17) held my daughter's ceremony and reception here. The venue is beautiful. We used the arch for the ceremony. From our first appointment and meeting Diane, we fell in the love with the site and Diane. Any time we asked to come by and walk the grounds again or needed a measurement or an answer to a question, Diane got right back to us and treated us as if we were her only bride getting married there. We met George the night of the rehearsal and he was very patient and very precise and organized. The day of the wedding everything was set up exactly as we had asked. Emily, our coordinator, was on top of everything and always had a smile. The food was very generous portions and we got a lot of compliments from guests. (we weren't allowed to try it ahead of time but had read previous reviews and trusted it would taste good). The staff was very on top of things. We would highly recommend this venue and loved how stress-free it was dealing with everyone there.

Allyson · Married on 05/13/2017

Where do we begin? Diane was AMAZING to deal with! If I had questions, she had answers for me. Unlike other venues, she always got back to me within two hours of my email. She was a true pleasure to work with. The food was top notch, as well. (The tri tip is to die for!) The venue is lovely and you cannot hear the traffic outside, which was a bonus.

Kelly · Married on 01/30/2017

Our daughter and son-in-law were married at the Lindley-Scott house in September. From signing the contract to the end of the reception, everything was absolutely wonderful! Diane was just so sweet and made our daughter and son-in-law feel special and well taken care of from the initial meeting. She took us as parents around the venue as well, answered all of our questions and explained clearly how things would take place. George did a wonderful job at the rehearsal. Everything went very smoothly and we were made to feel at ease about what would take place the day of the wedding. He never made us feel rushed, and answered all our questions with courtesy and patience. The day of the wedding, the venue was ready to go when we arrived. The linens were spotless and pressed, our table runners were placed perfectly, and the floor, etc. were extremely clean. The grounds were immaculate as well. Emily and Scott took such great care of the bride and groom before and after the wedding. The guests were well taken care of as well - food was excellent and bar service was prompt and very courteous, cake was delicious! We had such a special day ...everything was beyond our expectations and we can't thank Diane, George, Scott and Emily enough!

Jennifer · Married on 11/04/2016

These guys gave us the most stress-free beautiful day. We cannot thank George, Diane, and Katlyn enough for all that they did. Our day was perfect! In fact, they felt like family from the very beginning and accommodated our every need. Definitely a place to check out for your special day, you won't regret it, beautiful venue, friendly people, and stress-free planning!

Kendall · Married on 10/08/2016

Our wedding at the Lindley-Scott House in October was absolutely wonderful! Diane, George, and the entire staff were a joy to work with from start to finish. The LSH staff that helped on the day of our wedding were extremely friendly and accommodating, the food was delicious, and the grounds are private and absolutely beautiful! LSH is a great venue for both quality and value. Thank you LSH! :)

Andrea · Married on 09/05/2016

What a great venue for an even better value! Not only was the ceremony and reception amazingly beautiful but Diane and George were so friendly and helpful in getting all the accommodations together and making sure everything ran smoothly! The rest of the staff were all very friendly and helpful as well. Overall, just amazing from start to finish!

Manda · Married on 12/05/2015

It's funny how many times I had driven by and never new the LSH was there, right by Azusa Pacific! The house and its premises have a secret garden feel to it, as it hides in plain sight behind wrought iron and twisting vines. I "discovered" it recently at a colleagues' wedding and was totally wowed. What a gem we have here in the San Gabriel Valley! The grounds were well maintained, the reception hall was elegant, the staff was accommodating and attentive. It was really a beautiful experience. I wish I had discovered you guys sooner! Highly recommended site for wedding and events.

Chayanis · Married on 11/22/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception here. The wedding venue is gorgeous and the food is amazing. We receive tons of compliments on how pretty the venue is. The best part about this venue is, Diane (the coordinator). Diane is very straight forward and explains all the details and fees upfront.. no surprises, no hidden cost. With her help, our wedding day went very smoothly. In addition, staffs were very professional and friendly. Our wedding day couldn't be any more perfect!

I wholeheartedly recommend Lindley-Scott House! Diane, George and Amanda are amazing; the venue is simply beautiful; the pricing is affordable; the food was amazing (chicken and salmon); and it comes with a wedding cake from Some Crust Bakery. The venue was perfect for my 1920s New Orleans style wedding. The guests raved on how beautiful the venue and my wedding was!

Vicky · Married on 10/18/2015

We give the LIndley Scott House a perfect score or an overall rating of 5 because our wedding turn out to be a perfect weeding for us. Diane, is such a lovely sweet lady, who take care and make sure that we will have a wonderful wedding. The venue, staffs, the services and the food are fabulous. Memories we created on our wedding day in Lindley Scott House is priceless. Our family and friends are so amazed and incredibly happy on our wedding day. We highly recommend this venue/ceremony for any future wedding in town.

Joe-Roxi · Married on 09/26/2015

My wife and I shopped around for quite some time for our wedding venue. We finally decided on the Lindley-Scott House (LSH), and I could not be happier in our choice!!
    The ambiance at LSH house is perfect. It is romantic, bright with lots of windows, the walls and carpet are neutral enough to go with any décor, and the outside areas are stunning! You guests will love being able to go outside to get some fresh air. They can sit on one of the many benches, stroll through the gardens, or sit in the lit gazeebo.
    We were absolutely blown away by the staff at the LSH on the day of our wedding. Everyone was very professional. Amanda, the team lead at LSH, is amazing. All staff members went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. We had passed appetizers, which were a big hit. Staff members came and took drink orders from us and our wedding party as we took pictures. They even brought us some appetizers, which was very thoughtful. Dinner service was incredibly smooth. All food came out timely, and drinks were kept full. All-in-all the staff at LSH should be commended on their excellent job, we could not have been more pleased!! We opted for an open bar at the reception (which is a phenomenal value at LSH).
    The food at LSH was great. Our guests raved over the fish and fillet. Everything was cooked as requested, served hot, and full of flavor! The portions were more than generous. Your guests will not leave hungry.
    LSH is a great choice for wedding venue for both quality and value. When shopping for venues we were struck by how ridiculous some venues were priced. LSH gives you the perfect mix of upscale at a reasonable price.
    And best of all, the owners Diane and George are a hoot. Seriously, Diane is a little fire-cracker and it is a pleasure to have worked with her. She is professional, prompt, and fair. She was always there to provide any help or advice we needed. She answered many questions and helped ease my sometimes worried bride.

Mike · Married on 10/24/2014

I needed a place for my daughter's wedding. We searched everywhere, but I really didn't have a big budget. When we met with Diane she seemed happier about my 19 year old daughter getting married then I did. She was so sweet to help my daughter put together an amazing wedding. When I saw the price tag I was shocked that they could fit so much into such a cheap price. The place was beautiful. The food was great. All I had to do was sit back and be a proud Dad. I'm so thankful I kept looking and found the Lindley Scott House. Thanks again George and Diane.

Lisa · Married on 09/13/2014

Can't say anything other than this being amazing. Everyone was a pleasure to work with, and it was beautiful.

Marlene · Married on 09/06/2014

My son's wedding was so beautiful thanks to LSH. Every step of the 13 months planning we felt so comfortable with our choice of wedding venue. Diane and George are very helpful and accomodating. The staff works very hard to make the day perfect and the food was amazing.

James and Kala · Married on 05/25/2014

Though we live in N. California, they made it very easy with good communication. They exceeded our expectation regarding service on the day. We had requested to bring in some sweets and an appetizer and Diane agreed to it. We were not sure how they would accommodate serving them. They stepped up and did it with such professional skill, we were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious, beyond our expectation. Many of our guests remarked about the food. The overall experience was extremely pleasant and we were glad we picked that venue.

Patricia · Married on 05/24/2014

After visiting many wedding venues I finally found the one that I fell in love with. Lindley-Scott House is such a beautiful estate with history and individuality. The gardens are so lush and I picked the arch area under the two trees as my wedding ceremony location. The most gorgeous part of the venue was the Carriage House. The combination of vintage flower wallpapers, old style furniture and wooden staircase created the perfect setting for dreamy wedding photos. My husband and I had our first look on the staircase and it was soooo romantic.

The staffs at Lindley-Scott House were very attentive and they did a wonderful job at serving our guests during the reception. We had the filet mignon and salmon and our guests said they were tasty. My wedding went smoothly and it was just perfect!
    I want to also make a special call out to Diane. She was my main contact of the venue and she is the most helpful and friendly person ever! Meeting her in person and talking to her over the phone about the details of the ceremony and reception had been so pleasant. She puts her clients as her priority and she always encourages me to call her if I have any question.

Having my wedding at Lindley-Scott House was a great choice! My wedding was beautiful!

• Y

Yolanda · Married on 03/02/2014

I was extremely pleased with how smoothly everything went for my daughter's wedding. The food and cake were delicious, the service was excellent and ran smoothly. Everything was set up beautifully when we got there and they took care of the clearing everything away at the end. The staff was very helpful. Diane was especially nice. She remembered every detail and had a very calming effect on me. She assured us that everything would turn out just as we wanted it. As it did. My sister was so impressed she asked for Diane's card

Marques · Married on 02/22/2014

Beautiful venue! Plenty of great picture locations and fantastic staff!

• Ausjia

Ausjia · Married on 08/24/2013

The Lindley Scott House is a great venue! Diane and George are very professional and there goal is to make your day truly special. They are very flexible and are willing to work with you. The FOOD is amazing! all our guest keep talking about it. The property is well kept and looks amazing for pictures, truly a great wedding venue from start to finish. :) The only down side is they close at 11pm however, by 10pm I was already wore out from such a long day that having the reception end at 11pm didn't even bother me. So don't let that be a reason to not choose this venue. :)