Lindley Scott House Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Amber
    Amber G. Married on 10/17/2021

Made our day so perfect

What can I say? Diane, George, amber and the rest of the staff at the lindley-Scott house helped make our day more perfect than we could have imagined. Everyone there was so friendly and helpful. Diane is such a sweetheart. She was available to answer all my questions and to ease my mind when we were a lil more than stressed out. She always was able to calm us down and ease our stress. We honestly had no idea of what we were doing and she helped guide thru. They made our day so much more beautiful than we could have imagined. From the moment we walked out on to the property my husband and I knew that this was the place! From the house to the grounds everything was exceptionally beautiful. The historic house was gorgeous and just the perfect place to combine both of our styles. The beautiful garden was breath taking. The day of coordinator Amber was so awesome she guided us every step of the way. The wait staff was so friendly any time we needed anything someone was more than happy to help us out. George guided us on our rehearsal night down to the last tiny detail. He even gave us a couple trivia questions about the house. It was fun. All I can say about the lindley-Scott house is if you like the old time historical look this place is perfect. And all the staff there will do anything and everything to help make sure your day goes perfect and beautiful. If we were to do a vow renewal I would want to do it here again. We had nothing to worry about all we needed to do that day was enjoy ourselves and focus on one another which was such an amazing feeling. All I needed to do was be present in every moment with my handsome loving husband. THANK YOU TO YOU ALL AT THE LINDLEY-SCOTT HOUSE!!!!
  • Marissa
    Marissa M. Married on 10/16/2021

Wonderful Wedding Day at the Lindley-Scott House

There was a point when we weren’t sure we’d be able to have the wedding we wanted in Southern California for the budget we had...then came the Lindley Scott House and it was an answered prayer. Where we were getting nickel and dimed for every little thing possible at other venues, having our ceremony and reception here didn’t come with any hidden catches, gimmicks, or fees.

We had such a wonderful experience with George and Diane that started with answering our venue inquiry almost immediately at 10pm one night and wrapping up with George helping the guys pin on their boutineers before the Ceremony, day of!

They were very helpful, flexible, straightforward and communicative throughout our whole planning process, even making extra accommodations to help us make sure our guests felt safe in this post-covid time. The food was delicious (something we were nervous about up until the day, because there are no food tastings at this venue), the bartenders and waitstaff were so pleasant and professional, and our guests couldn’t stop talking about how gorgeous the venue itself was! It was such a perfect day and we can’t thank The LS House enough for hosting it!
  • Wesley
    Wesley W. Married on 09/12/2021

Fantastic! Great Venue, Great Prices, Great People to Work With

Diane was very easy to work with and responsive to any questions or concerns I had. She has many years of experience and recommended very good vendors that we enjoyed working with. The venue was beautiful and has space for both the ceremony and the reception so it's very convenient. I was afraid at first to have my ceremony outdoors but there is so much shade provided by beautiful huge trees that even when my wedding day peaked at 100 degrees, the actual ceremony was perfect! The reception was equally fantastic and the food was amazing. The acoustics and the ambience of the room was great as well and really added to the night. On top of this, this venue is extremely affordable and had the best prices, when compared to 10 or so other wedding venues I looked at.
  • Dana
    Dana Married on 11/24/2019

Talk about making our day easy !

what a joy to have the complete passion of the venues owner as a staff guide. I loved every part of my wedding here at the Lindley Scott house no stress everything was so smooth it was a Blessing To have my wedding and celebration at the Lindley Scott house I would not change a thing thank you for all your work and encouragement to celebrate our Love thank you ! And I would encourage everyone to take their celebrations their .
  • Ana
    Ana R. Married on 10/26/2019

Highly recommend the venue and staff and the Lindley Scott House

The wedding and reception for my daughter and her new husband last Saturday was wonderful. Your staff was curtious and the room was beautiful. I want to especially thank George and staff for setting up the dessert table since Some Crust did not. I paid extra for them to do the set up but apparently the person who delivered the desserts missed that. George and company took care of it which helped reduce my stress during a busy time.

I also want to thank you for being so kind and adding another table at the last minute. Family politics were taken care of because of your kindness :)

Overall, we were extremely happy with you and the team at the Lindley Scott House.

Sincerely another happy mother of the bride,
  • Jaque
    Jaque S. Married on 09/01/2019

Fantastic!!!

Diane at the Lindley Scott House is such an amazing person to work with! She makes you feel at home and is so understanding and flexible. The property itself is also BEAUTIFUL!!
  • User4729075 2+ years ago

Beautiful Vintage Garden Wedding

Our experience at the Lindley-Scott House was truly memorable. We were so well taken care of by Diane and George. We immediately fell in love with the beautiful venue that we didn't even have to search elsewhere. I loved especially that the venue practically took care of everything for us easing a lot of stress and anxiety. We went with the filet mignon option and married on a Friday. I truly want to thank everyone at the venue for such a wonderful wedding we had. Our guests are still raving about the wedding.
    Kimberly Married on 03/09/2019

Beautiful Location

Dianne at the Lindley Scott house was such a pleasure to work with. Everyone complimented on how amazing the meals were. Everything was effortless and the decor was easy to match. Dianne was very flexible with our requests and the bakery that works with the Lindley Scott House made an amazing cake
    Roger M. Married on 12/08/2018

Groom of the event

The LSH is the finest example of a family owned business. George, Diane, and Scotty are all so attentive, accommodating, and nice. During the planning stages, you will work with Diane who is incredible, especially at responding despite what hour of the day it is. Later, you will meet George on the night of the rehearsal, and Scotty on the day of the event. Aside from that, the gardens look like something straight out of a fairytail. The grounds are manicured, lush, and are excellent for photos. I also think that the trees where responsible for blocking out the sounds of traffic. Then, there was the wedding carriage. It looked so beautiful!! Its clean, spacious, and the food was so GOOD!! I have attended many weddings in the past, in which the food was undercooked, cold, and mediocre. However, with the LSH, you wont encounter this problem!! Its hot, delicious, and comes out on time and quickly. We can thank Scotty for that. Speaking of which, he was always there to assist us, as well as his staff. They are polite, and always giving water, ice tea, and cleaning. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 11/17/2018

Magical Event Space - Highly Recommend!

From the moment we walked into the Lindley-Scott House we fell in love with the place. It was the first venue we visited and we knew that we wanted to get married there. Diane was amazing, she established a great relationship with me, my husband and two daughters the first time we met. During the 9 months before our wedding she remembered the small details about our big day, even remembering my daughter hates asparagus.

The venue was absolutely gorgeous, the staff was professional and I absolutely LOVED our Wedding Coordinator. She was the perfect person to have by my side when the DJ played the wrong song or when we were changing our minds last minute during the reception.

Diane and her team made recommendations on vendors and even got involved when we had an issue with the baker provided through the venue.

I can't speak highly enough about our experience. The atmosphere, look of the venue, food and staff was absolutely amazing. I would recommend the Lindley-Scott House for any bride looking to have a memorable wedding, it can be classed up or kept casual.

Thank you Lindley-Scott, our day was made even more special by your attention to detail and care during our big day!
    James B. Married on 11/17/2018

I was a guest at the event

I attended a wedding at the LSH in November, and it was fantastic. The staff, food, and event were all devine. Firstly, the employees were professional, polite, and efficient. Secondly, I had the steak, and it was as delecious as the dishes at the Ritz. Thirdly, the event itself was organized and fun. Lastly, I would like to mention the bartender, Tar. Yes, their bartenders name is Tar. The dude is one of the nicest, raddest dudes I have ever met. He even through in a double for me several times, free of charge.
    Timmy G. Married on 09/30/2018

Extravagant

I knew this was where I wanted to get married after my first meeting here. I’ve heard great reviews about how beautiful the location is as well as the professionalism of the staff, so I had to check it out. After having my meeting with the delightful woman, I had the chance to see the grounds and I knew this was it. The location was well kept and it had a beauty and simplicity that caught my eyes. My wedding day was something I dreamed of ever since I was a little boy and the Lindley Scott house made it into a reality. The staff was amazing, the location was beautiful and the food was great! All my friends enjoyed the location and most importantly my wife did too. Great venue and I would recommend it to anyone!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 09/15/2018

Lauren & Ricky's Wedding

Our Wedding was September 15th 2018. Diane the owner was very easy to get in to contact with and very professinal. The wedding coordinator's (sorry I forgot their names but it was a man and a women) were super on top of things, making sure that my new Husband and I had everything we needed.(a whole bottle of champagne for myself lol at our sweetheart table😊) The bridal sweet was nice but small all of my bridesmaids my mother and kids were allowed up there. We got to do our frist look on the beautiful stair case. The ceromy went as plan, the only thing was that after the ceromy nobody was directing our guest to the reception area and our guest were just standing around. Our grand entrance went well not sure if the DJ or wedding coordinators had the wrong order of the bridal party names to enter. Food was good didnt get to eat much bc i was so busy. Bartender was great and service was fast always serving bride and groom first. Dance floor was perfect size even though it looks small it brought everyone closer to dance together. Restroom were decent. I wish we had more time at our weeding we only had 5 in a half hrs. But overall great Wedding! Thank you Lindley-scott house😊😊😊
    Gloria Married on 08/19/2018
    My nephew got married in an outdoor ceremony at the Lindley Scott House. It was so beautiful we decided to hold y sister's retirement party there, as well. Everything went well. The grounds and facilities are lovely and well maintained. The staff is professional, friendly, attentive & helpful. The food is well prepared and very tasty - definitely not your run-of-the-mill banquet fare. There's plenty of room on the dance floor. Of course it's kid friendly and wheelchair accessible.
    Melanie Married on 04/21/2018
    The Lindley Scott House is an absolutely hidden gem. My guests could not believe it was located in Azusa. The venue is beautiful and elegant. Diane and George were amazing to work with and the day of assistants/coordinators were a dream. I didn’t want or need for anything.

One thing I was worried about was the food since you are unable to taste it beforehand; I didn’t need to be. Everything was delicious and I received many compliments that it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. Is it innovative or trendy? No it’s not. But it’s classic and delicious and they served good portions.

Please do not hesitate to book this special venue. I would re book again in a heartbeat. Attentive, accommodating staff, beautiful photogenic venue, and delicious food. You can’t go wrong.
    Andrea Married on 12/16/2017
    Honestly i was dreading my venue hunting the most out of all the planning but Diane and Scott made my whole venue experience so painless! They were so helpful, responsive, and accomodating - they couldn’t have made things easier for me. The Lindley Scott house itself more than met our expectations. And I loved saying I do underneath the giant oak tree!
    Amanda Married on 09/30/2017
    We loved having our wedding at the Lindley Scott House! They make everything so easy, and at a very fair price. Diane, George, and the whole team made us feel so well taken care of on our special day. The site is BEAUTIFUL! The food is very good, and they have an expansive bar selection for the reception. They also include the cake from a local bakery, which was convenient and delicious!! Our big day was perfect, and this was the perfect venue for us! We highly recommend the Lindley Scott House!!
    Makayla Married on 09/09/2017
    The Lindley Scott House was incredible!! Diane was beyond amazing! She was so kind, funny, and helpful in every situation. We had a outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception. The morning of our wedding a massive storm began and we were devastated that our outdoor ceremony we had planned would probably have to change and be moved indoors! However Diane and her husband George were on top of it. They set up the ceremony outside and covered everything up for us in the hope that if the storm cleared we could still have our outdoor ceremony we were dreaming of. They were so helpful and prepared. The rain cleared about 45 minutes before our ceremony was to begin and they let me choose if I wanted to go for it or change our plan and we went for it! They got everything set up perfect beyond my imagination with in 30 minutes and we had the most BEAUTIFUL ceremony I could have dreamed of. The food was so delicious, everyone loved it. The venue is stunning and the people were so great to work with Scotty and Emily were our wedding coordinators for the day provided by the venue. They were so attentive, helpful, kept everything running smoothly and on time. I felt so beyond blessed to have such wonderful people help us put together the best day of our lives. I recommend The Lindley Scott House to everyone!
    Carrie Married on 09/09/2017
    We recently (9/9/17) held my daughter's ceremony and reception here. The venue is beautiful. We used the arch for the ceremony. From our first appointment and meeting Diane, we fell in the love with the site and Diane. Any time we asked to come by and walk the grounds again or needed a measurement or an answer to a question, Diane got right back to us and treated us as if we were her only bride getting married there. We met George the night of the rehearsal and he was very patient and very precise and organized. The day of the wedding everything was set up exactly as we had asked. Emily, our coordinator, was on top of everything and always had a smile. The food was very generous portions and we got a lot of compliments from guests. (we weren't allowed to try it ahead of time but had read previous reviews and trusted it would taste good). The staff was very on top of things. We would highly recommend this venue and loved how stress-free it was dealing with everyone there.
    Allyson Married on 05/13/2017
    Where do we begin? Diane was AMAZING to deal with! If I had questions, she had answers for me. Unlike other venues, she always got back to me within two hours of my email. She was a true pleasure to work with. The food was top notch, as well. (The tri tip is to die for!) The venue is lovely and you cannot hear the traffic outside, which was a bonus.
    Kelly Married on 01/30/2017
    Our daughter and son-in-law were married at the Lindley-Scott house in September. From signing the contract to the end of the reception, everything was absolutely wonderful! Diane was just so sweet and made our daughter and son-in-law feel special and well taken care of from the initial meeting. She took us as parents around the venue as well, answered all of our questions and explained clearly how things would take place. George did a wonderful job at the rehearsal. Everything went very smoothly and we were made to feel at ease about what would take place the day of the wedding. He never made us feel rushed, and answered all our questions with courtesy and patience. The day of the wedding, the venue was ready to go when we arrived. The linens were spotless and pressed, our table runners were placed perfectly, and the floor, etc. were extremely clean. The grounds were immaculate as well. Emily and Scott took such great care of the bride and groom before and after the wedding. The guests were well taken care of as well - food was excellent and bar service was prompt and very courteous, cake was delicious! We had such a special day ...everything was beyond our expectations and we can't thank Diane, George, Scott and Emily enough!
    Jennifer Married on 11/04/2016
    These guys gave us the most stress-free beautiful day. We cannot thank George, Diane, and Katlyn enough for all that they did. Our day was perfect! In fact, they felt like family from the very beginning and accommodated our every need. Definitely a place to check out for your special day, you won't regret it, beautiful venue, friendly people, and stress-free planning!
    Kendall Married on 10/08/2016
    Our wedding at the Lindley-Scott House in October was absolutely wonderful! Diane, George, and the entire staff were a joy to work with from start to finish. The LSH staff that helped on the day of our wedding were extremely friendly and accommodating, the food was delicious, and the grounds are private and absolutely beautiful! LSH is a great venue for both quality and value. Thank you LSH! :)
    Andrea Married on 09/05/2016
    What a great venue for an even better value! Not only was the ceremony and reception amazingly beautiful but Diane and George were so friendly and helpful in getting all the accommodations together and making sure everything ran smoothly! The rest of the staff were all very friendly and helpful as well. Overall, just amazing from start to finish!
    Manda Married on 12/05/2015
    It's funny how many times I had driven by and never new the LSH was there, right by Azusa Pacific! The house and its premises have a secret garden feel to it, as it hides in plain sight behind wrought iron and twisting vines. I "discovered" it recently at a colleagues' wedding and was totally wowed. What a gem we have here in the San Gabriel Valley! The grounds were well maintained, the reception hall was elegant, the staff was accommodating and attentive. It was really a beautiful experience. I wish I had discovered you guys sooner! Highly recommended site for wedding and events.