Lilac Patisserie Reviews

Lilac Patisserie 4
Lilac Patisserie 5

Rachel Winter · Married on 08/17/2019

Delicious!

Rachel & her team are phenomenal. The cake is delicious - you wouldn't even know it's gluten free! They're incredibly friendly and professional to work with. They answered all my questions, and were absolutely phenomenal throughout the whole process. For a gluten-free cake, it's a very reasonable price too. If you book with them - the tasting is free! We can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 08/30/2019

Ami · Married on 08/03/2019

Best Cake In the County and NO Cross Contamination

Fantastic gluten free bakery. Rachel, the Baker, was very easy to work with. She accommodated our tight schedule for our cake tasting (which was delicious) and created our perfect cake based off of a picture I sent her. This is the best gluten free cake, trust me, we tried multiple bakeries in the county. My husband, who is not gluten free, even liked this cake better than the regular cakes he tasted elsewhere.
    Also, for those who are extremely sensitive, there is no risk of cross contamination. This is a COMPLETELY GLUTEN FREE BAKERY.

Lilac Patisserie 6
    Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Jane

Jane Bower · Married on 07/25/2019

Wedding Cake

I recently purchased an absolutely beautiful wedding cake from Lilac. Rachel was so accommodating when I called with questions. I am from the East coast and was unable to have a taste testing or even view her cakes but her suggestions were perfect and the cake was more beautiful than her description. I highly recommend the Lilac Patisserie for your wedding cake or for just a taste of heaven.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Monica · Married on 07/20/2019

Great Experience

The team at Lilac Patisserie was so easy to work with. I had an image of what I wanted my dream wedding cake to look like and they were able to work with me to create this cake within my budget...and it was delicious! The hardest part of the whole process was deciding what flavors to pick (so we picked multiple!).

Lilac Patisserie 7
    Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/22/2019

Great British Bake-Off Inspiration Brought to Life

It was really hard for me to describe what my wedding cake was going to be like to people. Kinda marbled, a hexagon, rose gold leaf, not too big, and a princess torte? Unconventional in almost every way, and yet Lilac was able to bring this vision to life impeccably. Rachel was very helpful and responsive, and before we went to our tasting at Lilac we had all but settled on going with another bakery in town until we sat down and tasted the cakes from Lilac and instantly fell in love. A recent binge of the Great British Bake-Off inspired our choice of the Princess Torte flavor, and we are very lucky to live and work in Santa Barbara because several times between the tasting and the actual wedding we stopped by the shop to pick up a slice of the torte because it was so good. Because the cake is traditionally made with marzipan it couldn't be iced like a normal cake, leaving some seams showing in the final product, but this was totally expected with this flavor choice & the taste of the cake itself lived up to the hype. Our vendors were even impressed that the side sheet cake was decorated like a traditional princess torte as well! While we likely won't be hosting another wedding any time soon, we will definitely be stopping into Lilac regularly to relive our wedding through delicious cake!

Lilac Patisserie 8
    Lilac Patisserie 9
    Sent on 07/23/2019

calia · Married on 06/21/2019

Exactly what I wanted! Rachel brought my vision to life

Rachel did an impeccable job with my cake, it turned out so beautifully and I can't recommend Lilac Patisserie enough. If you want a cake that your guests will ACTUALLY eat, please hire them! You're not going to find a wedding cake that tastes this good anywhere else!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Katie

Katie Schmidt · Married on 11/18/2018

Gluten free perfection

I had a great experience working with Rachel at Lilac for my wedding cake and dessert table. Rachel was super responsive, helpful, and her design for my cake turned better than I had hoped.

It was incredibly important to me to have an all-gluten free wedding that did not compromise on flavor and quality, and Lilac was able to make this a reality. My guests were floored by our desserts and many said it was the best cake they’d ever tasted!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • W

Willkam Hallatt · Married on 10/07/2018

Incredible gluten free wedding cake

Lilac were a pleasure to deal with and made our vision for our wedding cake come to life.

Not only did it look stunning, but the cake was absolutely delicious.

Certainly the best gluten free bakery we have ever come across. We can not recommend highly enough.

Will and Andrew

Sent on 11/17/2018

Casey · Married on 08/18/2018

What a terrific experience we had with Lilac Patisserie for our specialty wedding cake. It was exactly as requested and the guest all loved it. Those that needed Gluten Free were beyond thrilled they could have the cake and everyone else commented how delicious it was. I want to personally thank Rachel for making the process painless.

Lilac Patisserie 10
    Sent on 08/22/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2018

We wound up doing a variety of pies for our wedding in lieu of a traditional wedding cake. Lilac Patisserie was the absolute best in Santa Barbara (and we taste tested many!!). I was honestly shocked with the quality and taste given that they are gluten free (in my experience other gluten free pies tend to have sub-par crusts). Everyone complimented us on the key lime and pecan especially.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Tabitha · Married on 06/02/2018

With my husband having a gluten allergy, we were concerned about finding a delicious cake that everyone would enjoy at our wedding, but Lilac Patisserie made that worry a non-issue. All the cakes we tried were tasty, moist, and beautiful! The coordinator, Rachel, was extremely informative, helpful, and professional, making this process of the wedding planning stress-free and enjoyable. If you're looking for a perfect wedding cake, Lilac Patisserie is the place.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Nicole · Married on 03/10/2018

Our wedding cake was absolute perfection. It was gorgeous and tasted amazing. Rachel at Lilac was a dream to work with from the tasting to cake delivery. Highly recommend for your wedding or event cake!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Caroline · Married on 10/15/2016

If you have gluten-free family members or a gluten-free bride or groom, look no further. I cannot eat gluten at all, so I needed to have the cake from Lilac, but after a tasting, my husband insisted that he didn't want a groom's cake because this cake was so delicious. He even asked for his birthday cake from here as well. The cake is some of the best I have had in my life, even from the good old gluten days. It plates beautifully, there are a ton of flavors to choose from, and every guest fell in love with this cake. It also was quite emotional for many celiac guests and family members who almost never get to join in the cake. Just a delight, from start to finish.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Haley · Married on 08/11/2018

Our wedding cake designer Rachel is not only a skillful artist, but a professional. Her care and attentiveness is an accurate representation of the Lilac Patisserie's reputation as well as her personal commitment to doing a great job. Our cake had every aspect that we hoped for: the colors were spot on, the design true to our liking, and the taste, texture, and durability in transport was perfection. The best part was that she was able to make our cake toppers from a design that we drew. Our guests got a kick out this, and we loved how personal it felt. We are so grateful that we could trust Rachel and the whole process from start to finish. Many thanks!

Lilac Patisserie 11
    Sent on 08/28/2018

Sharon and Glen · Married on 10/18/2015

Our wedding cake from Lilac Patisserie was absolutely delicious and beautiful. We had a white layer and a chocolate layer on the large cake, and we had a smaller vegan carrot cake. No one could believe that they were all gluten free, and some guests told us that they were the most delicious wedding cakes that they had ever eaten. Of course, our gluten free guests were thrilled. The only reason that we gave them 4 stars on flexibility, was that we had initially asked them if they would make one of their cakes, leaving out the jam in the fruit layer, and they said that they would not change any part of the recipe. Because of this, we chose another cake for this layer, which was absolutely delicious, so we were very happy with it. We highly recommend Lilac Patisserie to make any of their cakes for any of your events. They are all gorgeous, and as we tasted several at our "cake tasting", they were all so equally delicious, it made it hard to choose which ones we wanted!

Sent on 11/24/2015