Lilac Inn Reviews

13 | Brandon, VT

13 Reviews for Lilac Inn

13 Lilac Inn Reviews

Lisa · Married on 08/25/2018

The Lilac Inn is a magical place in a cute historical town in Vermont. The owners Shelly and Doug and their staff made our wedding weekend a memorable everlasting experience. Ashley was so helpful in planning and helping us stay organized with Shelly. We had a wedding of 107 in the ballroom with the ceremony outside. They are dog friendly so our dogs were part of the ceremony. Our bridal party and parents were able to stay at the Lilac Inn on Friday and Saturday nights, which made setup so easy along with having everything in one location. We also decided to get our First Look photos done here in the back gardens where there's a pond and beautiful gardens. We cannot thank them enough, and we cannot wait to come back to visit and take weekend getaways for years to come.

Lilac Inn 1
    Lilac Inn 6
    Lilac Inn 7
    Lilac Inn 8

Carolyn · Married on 07/07/2018

My husband Jeff and I feel so incredibly lucky to have celebrated our wedding at The Lilac Inn. We knew we wanted to have our special day there the minute we walked in the doors, and every moment of the day was beyond perfect. Our families were able to spend the entire weekend with us, as we had the entire Inn to ourselves, and being all together made the weekend so much more special. When the big day came, the entire staff was so helpful and made sure we had absolutely everything we needed. Shelly and Ashley even planned breakfast service around our schedule. The staff worked all morning and evening to make sure our guests were happy and everything was exactly what we had pictured. Our guests are still raving about the delicious food and the beauty of The Lilac Inn. Jeff and I are so appreciative of the beautiful memory we share at the Lilac Inn. Thank you for making our day beyond perfect!

• jennifer

jennifer · Married on 06/23/2018

Doug and Shelly were great to work with. Shelly was so sweet and able to do everything we requested of her. She got us the mugs they sell for special guest we wanted to honor. She kept my butterflies happy and healthy until they were able to be released. The food was amazing. The place was beautiful we look forward to going back some time for a weekend getaway.

Lilac Inn 9

Erin · Married on 07/29/2017

Deciding to get married at the Lilac Inn was the easiest and best decision we made while planning our wedding. If you're thinking of getting married in Vermont, you should definitely book a tour here. Shelly is amazing and will help you plan your dream wedding. When you book the Inn, you get the opportunity to use the grounds for the entire weekend while Shelly coordinated all of the catering, tent rental, and staffing. I still keep dreaming about the butternut squash ravioli we had as one of our food options, it was out of this world! Our 140 guest wedding felt intimate and our guests enjoyed exploring the beautiful gardens and taking advantage of the ballroom for dancing and the fire pit for relaxing. We chose to have the ceremony in the garden and I'm so glad that we did. Brandon is a beautiful example of small town Vermont and your guests will love the hospitality and all the area has to offer.

All I can say is: WOW! They did everything we asked for and more. The food was exceptional, the rooms were the most beautiful and clean hotel rooms I've ever stayed in and when the weather didn't cooperate, they made easy adjustments to the plans. I would highly recommend this Inn for a romantic stay or for your wedding. We will be back on our anniversaries for years to come!

We had a small wedding of about 40 people with 20 more guests joining us for the reception. The venue, food and hospitality were outstanding. Thank you to the owners of the inn.

The Lilac Inn was the perfect venue for us. We had our families stay with us and our wedding felt like a great weekend getaway. Everyone loved their rooms, the food, and the time we were able to spend together. We had other guests stay at inns throughout town- which worked out great since there's so many within walking distance. The Inn was very responsive to our needs and worked with us to plan a menu that featured local, seasonal foods, local beers, and was served family style. They made sure our wedding really reflected our values. The day was beautiful and stress-free. I highly recommend!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/24/2013

My husband and I went to Brandon, VT in November 2013 to elope and couldn't have done it without The Lilac Inn. The owners, Shelly & Doug, went above and beyond to accommodate us and let us bring our Boston Terrier too! Our ceremony took place in the state park nearby but they very generously let us take pictures around in the Inn before hand. The Lilac Inn was by far one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed and any bride would be lucky to get married there! (Trust me, I'm actually a Wedding Planner! I know, lol!)

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2012

Shelly and Doug went above and beyond to make our wedding special. From the tasting before the wedding through packing up extra cake for us to bring home the morning after, everything was excellent. Our wedding party and family stayed at the Inn for the weekend. Having the inn to ourselves was very nice; it really felt like our home for the weekend. All of the little touches - some requested by us and some added by Shelly - added up for a perfect event.

• Karen

Karen · Married on 02/18/2012

Shelly & Doug were a dream to work with....they shared in our excitement, gave valuable advice.....Magical place to stay.....very clean & beautiful country rooms.....great breakfast......anything that we needed they were right there!!! Couldn't have asked for a nicer place to hold our reception or lodge our out of state guests. I highly recommend The Lilac Inn!!!!

Adanna · Married on 10/21/2017

Shelly and Doug were amazing. We are three weeks out from our wedding and guests are still talking about how beautiful the Inn is and the delicious food at the reception. They were flexible and provided options that fit our budget. They were also very resourceful with helping us sort out last minute mishaps (extra tables and vases for flowers, dinner options for out of towners, to-go breakfast for early travelers, forgotten suitcases and returning rentals to vendors). They really helped to ensure that we had a relaxing and enjoyable time with what could easily have been a very stressful event. Booking the Lilac was one of the best wedding decisions we made.

Sent on 11/19/2017

Lilac Inn's reply:

Dear Adanna and Conor, It was our pleasure to host your wedding. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here. It was so wonderful to get to meet your families and help make your wedding a special and memorable event. Thank you so much for the lovely review! We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon. Best, Shelly and Doug

Adrienne · Married on 06/25/2016

3.0

The Lilac Inn was the perfect location for my wedding. It was everything I had wanted it to be. It was a gorgeous location (from the grounds, to the reception area, to the bridal suite). Everything was simply picture perfect. I would recommend it to anyone.

Debbie · Married on 05/18/2013

The inn was a great place to host a wedding and reception, the food was excellent, the rooms were amazing and the inn keepers were great to work with.

There was one issue with the room setup. The room was supposed to be set up for 100 and it was only set for 90. When the food was served they noticed that a few people didn't have seats. They were VERY quick to respond and correct the situation.

I would definitely recommend them to anyone.