13 Reviews for Lilac Inn

Plated (1)
Cash Bar (1)
Open Bar (1)
13 Lilac Inn Reviews

My husband Jeff and I feel so incredibly lucky to have celebrated our wedding at The Lilac Inn. We knew we wanted to have our special day there the minute we walked in the doors, and every moment of the day was beyond perfect. Our families were able to spend the entire weekend with us, as we had the entire Inn to ourselves, and being all together made the weekend so much more special. When the big day came, the entire staff was so helpful and made sure we had absolutely everything we needed. Shelly and Ashley even planned breakfast service around our schedule. The staff worked all morning and evening to make sure our guests were happy and everything was exactly what we had pictured. Our guests are still raving about the delicious food and the beauty of The Lilac Inn. Jeff and I are so appreciative of the beautiful memory we share at the Lilac Inn. Thank you for making our day beyond perfect!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Doug and Shelly were great to work with. Shelly was so sweet and able to do everything we requested of her. She got us the mugs they sell for special guest we wanted to honor. She kept my butterflies happy and healthy until they were able to be released. The food was amazing. The place was beautiful we look forward to going back some time for a weekend getaway.

Profile Picture jennifer, 6/23/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Chairs, Tables

Deciding to get married at the Lilac Inn was the easiest and best decision we made while planning our wedding. If you're thinking of getting married in Vermont, you should definitely book a tour here. Shelly is amazing and will help you plan your dream wedding. When you book the Inn, you get the opportunity to use the grounds for the entire weekend while Shelly coordinated all of the catering, tent rental, and staffing. I still keep dreaming about the butternut squash ravioli we had as one of our food options, it was out of this world! Our 140 guest wedding felt intimate and our guests enjoyed exploring the beautiful gardens and taking advantage of the ballroom for dancing and the fire pit for relaxing. We chose to have the ceremony in the garden and I'm so glad that we did. Brandon is a beautiful example of small town Vermont and your guests will love the hospitality and all the area has to offer.

Profile Picture Erin, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

All I can say is: WOW! They did everything we asked for and more. The food was exceptional, the rooms were the most beautiful and clean hotel rooms I've ever stayed in and when the weather didn't cooperate, they made easy adjustments to the plans. I would highly recommend this Inn for a romantic stay or for your wedding. We will be back on our anniversaries for years to come!

Profile Picture User6383201, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

We had a small wedding of about 40 people with 20 more guests joining us for the reception. The venue, food and hospitality were outstanding. Thank you to the owners of the inn.

Profile Picture User5107821, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Lilac Inn was the perfect venue for us. We had our families stay with us and our wedding felt like a great weekend getaway. Everyone loved their rooms, the food, and the time we were able to spend together. We had other guests stay at inns throughout town- which worked out great since there's so many within walking distance. The Inn was very responsive to our needs and worked with us to plan a menu that featured local, seasonal foods, local beers, and was served family style. They made sure our wedding really reflected our values. The day was beautiful and stress-free. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture User6045741, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

My husband and I went to Brandon, VT in November 2013 to elope and couldn't have done it without The Lilac Inn. The owners, Shelly & Doug, went above and beyond to accommodate us and let us bring our Boston Terrier too! Our ceremony took place in the state park nearby but they very generously let us take pictures around in the Inn before hand. The Lilac Inn was by far one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed and any bride would be lucky to get married there! (Trust me, I'm actually a Wedding Planner! I know, lol!)

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/24/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shelly and Doug went above and beyond to make our wedding special. From the tasting before the wedding through packing up extra cake for us to bring home the morning after, everything was excellent. Our wedding party and family stayed at the Inn for the weekend. Having the inn to ourselves was very nice; it really felt like our home for the weekend. All of the little touches - some requested by us and some added by Shelly - added up for a perfect event.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/13/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shelly & Doug were a dream to work with....they shared in our excitement, gave valuable advice.....Magical place to stay.....very clean & beautiful country rooms.....great breakfast......anything that we needed they were right there!!! Couldn't have asked for a nicer place to hold our reception or lodge our out of state guests. I highly recommend The Lilac Inn!!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 2/18/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shelly and Doug were amazing. We are three weeks out from our wedding and guests are still talking about how beautiful the Inn is and the delicious food at the reception. They were flexible and provided options that fit our budget. They were also very resourceful with helping us sort out last minute mishaps (extra tables and vases for flowers, dinner options for out of towners, to-go breakfast for early travelers, forgotten suitcases and returning rentals to vendors). They really helped to ensure that we had a relaxing and enjoyable time with what could easily have been a very stressful event. Booking the Lilac was one of the best wedding decisions we made.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Adanna, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

The Lilac Inn was the perfect location for my wedding. It was everything I had wanted it to be. It was a gorgeous location (from the grounds, to the reception area, to the bridal suite). Everything was simply picture perfect. I would recommend it to anyone.

Profile Picture User4476638, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up

The inn was a great place to host a wedding and reception, the food was excellent, the rooms were amazing and the inn keepers were great to work with.

There was one issue with the room setup. The room was supposed to be set up for 100 and it was only set for 90. When the food was served they noticed that a few people didn't have seats. They were VERY quick to respond and correct the situation.

I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Debbie, 5/18/13, 5 Reviews