Liberty Mountain Resort Reviews

Liberty Mountain Resort 6
Liberty Mountain Resort 7
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2011

Overall, I was extremely happy with how everything went the day of my wedding. Our day of coordinator was fantastic. She made sure everything went absolutely perfect.

Sent on 01/06/2012
  • Mindy

Mindy · Married on 10/01/2011

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful, our guests could not stop raving about the beautiful Alpine Room! The food was so delicious, our guests also raved about that! Kelly helped us during the planning process and was always available to answer any questions that we had. On the day of the wedding, we were fortunate enough to have Kathie & Mary Ann taking care of us, and they kept everything running so smooth! I can't think of one thing that went wrong, everything was just perfect - it really was a dream come true!

Sent on 10/03/2011

Debra · Married on 07/16/2011

The staff at liberty (esp Pat in planning and Mary
    Ann on the wedding day) was extremely helpful and friendly. I called multiple times while planning and they were always helpful.
    The wedding went perfect down to every detail even things i had forgotten they took care of.
    The food got rave reviews many guests said it was the best food and service they had ever had at a wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2011

Jennifer · Married on 07/03/2011

We had our reception at the Boulder Ridge Lodge and it was just what we work looking for...something elegant but not too formal. The Lodge gave the reception just the right feel. Everyone at Liberty Mountain was great to work with and they followed up on all of our requests.

Sent on 08/12/2011

Melissa · Married on 06/24/2011

My wedding day was an absolute dream come true, and Liberty Mountain was the pefect location for the reception. Thank you to Kelly, Terry, and all the other staff for an amazing day! I know my guests enjoyed themselves!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Marla · Married on 05/14/2011

As soon as I walked around the property of Liberty Mountain I knew I wanted to have our ceremony and reception there! We had our ceremony and reception in the Alpine Room. We worked with Kelly during the planning process and Maryann on the day of our wedding. Both were absolutely amazing to work with. Kelly normally replied to my emails within a day or two. She was very informative with what needed to be done and always answered any questions that I had about the planning process. Maryann was great to work with during the rehearsal and on our wedding day. The line at the bar was never long and our guests were happy with the service they received when getting drinks. Maryann asked me periodically throughout the night if I needed anything or if everything was ok. I can't say enough about how happy I was with everything on our wedding day.

Sent on 05/26/2011

Adria · Married on 04/09/2011

I had my reception in the Jacqueline Ballroom and I cannot put into words how impressed my husband and I, as well as my family, were with Liberty Mountain Resort. Out of everything in the wedding process, working with the staff here and getting things done in an easy and efficient matter made this the easiest part of the planning! Every little detail, they made sure to attend to, and whenever I had a question or suggestion, it was genuinely accepted. Working with Pat Gach was amazing because no question was too trivial and it made the overall process a lot less stressful. As well, on the actual wedding day, Terry was absolutely amazing with making sure that the reception ran smoothly, and was wonderful at communicating with my husband and I without being distracting. Again, words cannot explain how wonderful those 2 ladies, as well as the rest of the staff, were with helping to make my wedding feel special and that is exactly how it felt! I would recommend Liberty Resort to anyone looking for a supprotive staff and a good time for a wedding reception.

Sent on 04/18/2011

Lauren · Married on 11/06/2010

Everyone that we worked with was extremely friendly and willing to help and answer questions. Everything looked beautiful and the day-of coordinator helped everything go smoothly!

Sent on 12/13/2010

Nicholene · Married on 09/25/2010

Great location and very affordable. Excellent service and the people were very helpful on planning the wedding. Beautiful area and lots of room to have a reception. They provided me with a lot of things (included with the reception package) to help me save time and money on wedding items. (ex. linens and centerpieces).

Sent on 10/07/2010
  • sches

samantha · Married on 06/26/2010

I can't tell you how pleased I was with Liberty! Their coordinators were great and fun to work with. They help you every step of the way, offer suggestions and give you advice based on experience. We used the Boulder Ridge venue which was absolutely gorgeous. They have a wonderful outdoor area for your ceremony but a beautiful inside option as well in case the weather is bad which is really convenient. The complete staff the day of the wedding were very efficient and friendly. Everyone raved about the food as well that Liberty provided. Overall the price was more than we originally wanted to spend but the ease of the day, gorgeous atmospere and excellent service was completely worth it. I would absolutely suggest Liberty to any bride!

Sent on 07/09/2010

Lynley · Married on 06/19/2010

My wedding at Liberty Mountain Resort was everything that I wanted it to be, thanks to the staff there. I wouldn't have changed a thing and would recommend this venue to any bride looking for a romantic setting in nature to get married.

Sent on 07/14/2010

Hilary · Married on 06/17/2010

I had my ceremony and reception in the Alpine Room at Liberty Mountain. I met with Kelly and she was very flexible throughout the entire planning process. Kathy was my coordinator the day of and handled every situation so we could party! The waiters and bartenders even made friends with the guests. Everyone had a fabulous time thanks to all the staff and space at Liberty Mountain Resort. Thank you for making our day everything we dreamed it to be.

Sent on 08/03/2010
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/12/2010

My wedding was the most amazing day of my life, and Liberty Mountain was a dream come true!! Thank you for making my day perfect!!

Kelly Ferree

Sent on 06/15/2010
  • O

Ondraya · Married on 08/15/2009

Really couldn't have asked for more. The staff, namely Kelly Kurtyka, helped us through every step and always made time to answer questions or make suggestions. Communication was wonderful thoughout the process. The day of our wedding went smoothly and the food was excellent. So happy with the outcome!

Sent on 07/27/2010

Beth · Married on 05/16/2009

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Liberty Mountain Resort. We were so pleased with the way our wedding turned out. Liberty Mountain is such a beautiful and well maintained venue. We can not say enough about Kelly Kurtyka, she is wonderful. She handled everything for us and took the time to answer all of our questions. Our wedding was located at Boulder Ridge and I cant begin to tell you how awesome it is. I know that we are so happy with the location we chose for our wedding.

Sent on 05/02/2010

Betsy · Married on 09/27/2008

I would recommend Liberty Mountain to any bride. The Boulder Ridge Lodge was amazing with beautiful views from every direction. The staff and service were excellent and I cannot say enough great things about Kelly Kurtyka.

Sent on 11/17/2008
  • laplata620

Jeffrey · Married on 09/19/2008

Liberty gave us the wedding of our dreams on a tight budget. I bake wedding cakes and have been to literally a thousand weddings, and Liberty has some of the best food I have ever eaten. They give you a lot of options to keep the cost down, and the venues/spaces are beautiful. We chose the Boulder Ridge Pavillion, which has wall to cathedral ceiling tongue and groove knotty pine. The landscaping was perfect. You will never know that there were snow skiiers there a month or so prior! The pictures on the website do not do the space justice. You want to talk about customer service? The staff at Liberty will become part of your family. I ended up inviting them to my wedding. They bent over backwards and then some to make us feel welcome and at ease about the whole wedding process. Kelly and Deanna basically walked us through every step of the way (they even brought me gas when I ran out 5 miles from the resort). They helped us create the wedding of our dreams, and became our friends during the process. Put it this way- If I had a million dollars to spend on our wedding, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Liberty made our wedding PERFECT! Don't waste your money anywhere else. Don't waste your time being hassled by companies that nickel and dime you for everything. Don't let someone coordinate your wedding who could care less about what you want. Just call them, you won't believe how amazing they are. Tell them Jeff Hitaffer sends his love!

Sent on 10/11/2008

Julie · Married on 01/05/2018

Gorgeous venue for a winter wedding. Very flexible and allowed us to get the pictures we wanted on top of the mountain! The wedding coordinator assigned to me stayed in contact through out the whole process to make sure it was the wedding of our dreams and was there for our special day to make sure everything went perfectly and seamlessly.

Sent on 01/07/2018
    Liberty Mountain Resort 8
    Liberty Mountain Resort 9

Nicole · Married on 08/01/2015

When we walked in to the Alpine Room at Liberty Mountain Resort, I immediately knew this was where I was going to have our wedding reception. The huge windows, beautiful natural light, expansive space and simple decor made it the perfect choice. I met Elizabeth, one of Liberty's wedding planners, and she made me feel at ease. Elizabeth was great at answering questions, worked with me to make the meal exactly what we wanted, and helped us to make decisions about linens, timelines, and offered her valuable advice. The tasting for dinner was a beautiful experience - we met great couples, got to see different linens, listen to the DJ we ended up booking, and see different flower arrangements on the table. Everyone that saw us remembered our names and it felt very personal.

Two days before our wedding, we met with Karen, our day of coordinator to go over all the details, and I knew we were in good hands. She was responsive, thoughtful, and promised a flawless wedding reception. She was right. I know she was working hard to make sure everything was perfect. The day of the reception, she worked with everyone to make sure that everything flowed perfectly, even when we needed and extra meal that we did not anticipate. She checked in with us regularly.

The only thing that was tricky was booking hotel rooms - this process was not as easy as the rest of the reception! None of the rooms are included in the package price - the bride and groom are booked but have to pay for the room. Liberty blocked out 10 rooms to begin with, which was great, but most of the rooms were two double beds, not typically a need for wedding guests. The block was released about 2 months before the wedding, which makes sense, but the discount that was offered for the rooms was not available once the block was released. As a result, some of our guests could not receive the discount, even though they were with our wedding.

Still' I'd recommend Liberty to anyone!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Stacy · Married on 09/29/2012

I had my wedding at Boulder Ridge Lodge. I received many compliments about how gorgeous it was and how good the food was. Kelly was my assigned wedding coordinator and she was very helpful, organized and available. She really helped make the planning process much simpler. I loved that they provided the catering and took care of all the rentals. They also provided a list of recommended (not required) vendors which was very helpful. All of the staff members that I encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a gorgeous and unique setting and stress-free planning!

Sent on 11/23/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/07/2011

I recently held my ceremony and reception at the Boulder Ridge Lodge on Ski Liberty. We were married on May 7th, 2011, and i was so concerned it would rain on our special day. However, the weather was amazing and perfect, and MaryAnn, our coordinator for the day, was great at keeping us on track. It was nice to have someone there to guide us and go to with any issues. The ceremony site is absolutely gorgeous, and the Boulder Ridge Lodge at night was amazing as well. My photographer was even excited about all the outside shots he was able to get. We also took pictures on the golf course, which was very pretty, and alot of fun to ride in the golf carts!

Sent on 05/24/2011
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/03/2010

Perfect site for your wedding!

Sent on 09/18/2010
  • ceosh

Clara · Married on 11/04/2017

We had such an amazing experience working with Liberty Mountain! Coming from the DC area, Liberty was very affordable and you are definitely getting a fantastic venue for your money. The food was delicious and still warm by the time it hit tables, and the venue was beautiful. The staff is incredibly nice and willing to help. We loved working with Missy and Adrienne to get our event where we wanted to be! Liberty was the perfect venue for us and we had the best experience with them and definitely recommend them if you are looking for a high-quality, great price, wonderfully staffed venue.

Sent on 11/13/2017

David · Married on 10/07/2017

What can we say about Liberty? It was an absolute dream for me and my wife to get married there and they delivered on everything we asked for! They made the decision-making process easy for us and broke things down in ways we could both understand. As with any wedding, there were a lot of smaller details that we were nervous about. They never hesitated to answer questions for us and help alleviate our concerns. They also did an excellent job of communicating with our family members so we all knew what was going on. Kathie, our day-of coordinator, was amazing and handled both our rehearsal dinner and all day-of wedding events perfectly! We could not have been happier and we are so thankful for everyone at Liberty who helped make our special day even more amazing!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Katelyn · Married on 11/07/2014

Many newlyweds cannot say that their wedding day ran flawlessly, but in my eyes, ours did, and Liberty Mountain Resort was our largest contributor to that statement. Everything pre-wedding day, all the planning and detailing, ran perfectly thanks to Melissa and Karen. We were given many different options, provided with endless and professional advice and assistance, and were kept up to date on every step in the process. In turn, our special day was absolutely beautiful and the scenery and attentive staff are still being talked about by our guests. The flexibility of Liberty Mountain Resort still amazes me as we were able to make some ceremony changes, due to the weather, about 20 minutes before I was due to walk, and they kept all of my stress at ease. A crucial element to our successful wedding day was our day of coordinator/detailer, Karen, who we cannot emphasize enough as truly amazing and one of the most passionate people in our wedding journey. Karen went above and beyond for us and added that touch of sparkle everywhere you looked and in everything she conveyed for Liberty. All the staff, servers, security were exceptional at our wedding! In all the hustle and bustle, we did have some minor items misplaced at the end of the evening, but the weekend was packed full of weddings and it is now a thing of the past. We would highly recommend Liberty Mountain Resort to any couples seeking a ceremony and/or reception venue for their wedding!

Sent on 07/15/2015