Liberty Mountain Resort Reviews

103 | Fairfield, PA

103 Reviews for Liberty Mountain Resort

Megan · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Missy Lobaugh was amazing! She was always so willing to work with all of our changes, which we constantly had. Without her and her organization and flexibility our day wouldn't have been as amazing as it was. We used the Alpine Lodge and it was simply amazing, we got so many compliments on how beautiful the lodge was and the view of the mountain. Everything was just perfect. I would definitely recommend having your wedding here. The event staff was amazing as well, everything ran so smooth. THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Sent on 05/16/2015
  • Jo Ann

Jo Ann Bankert · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Warm and Exemplary

We thought Liberty Mountain Resort did a very good job for our daughter’s wedding at Boulder Ridge Lodge on September 21, 2019. The hard work and care it takes to organize a wedding well were evident. Wedding Sales Associate Alyssa Bartlett as our first impression of Liberty Mountain Resort was kind, welcoming and thorough. David Auxt as our point of contact was exemplary. We very much appreciated David’s timely response to calls and emails from four of us with our daughter, as well as her fiancé, living 1,600 miles away.
    When we had initial concerns about our choices at Tasting, we really enjoyed what we finally had along with the attention needed for some food allergies. After rehearsal dinner the night before our daughter’s ceremony, many guests drifted to Highland’s fine Eagle & The Owl restaurant to keep visiting. Breakfast together with family and friends between the Eagle & The Owl and Ike’s Chophouse was delicious and lovely.
    With the bridal party getting their hair and make-up done in the bridal suite Wedding Day, time there was personal and sweet.
    Arrival for our guests was a stunning visual on Wedding Day driving up the wonderful tree-lined drive to our daughter’s late afternoon outdoor ceremony held on the tumbled brick patio and cedar gazebo of Boulder Ridge Lodge surrounded by a beautiful mountain landscape.
    When I missed planning flowers for the cake, David not only graciously noticed, but offered to get the extra flowers for accents I suggested we could use to which I was very grateful. When my daughter brought candle holders and candles for the mantle of Boulder Ridge Lodge’s beautifully crafted stone fireplace without knowing candle fire codes required hurricane globes, David suggested Liberty Mountain Resort could supply the needed globes and he provided them at our relieved request.
    We have so many new and cherished memories against the backdrop of the post & beam log construction of Boulder Ridge Lodge with its abundance of floor to ceiling windows and wrap around deck. From delicious food to happily dancing guests to enjoying new and old family and friends to watching the professional photographer capture images of our newest Mr. and Mrs. to many of us delighting in seeing our grandson roll down the gentle slopes of the greened-up snow tube run to sending off the contented bride and groom with a sparkler farewell - and many more memories in-between, before and after.
    Thanks for the memories of such a well-organized and well-cared wedding, Liberty Mountain Resort.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 10/13/2019

A True Fairytale

From the moment you walk onto the Liberty property you are surrounded by the most beautiful scenery. The new lodges with stone and wood are breathtaking. I worked directly with Deanna and Mrs. Kessler and I couldn’t have been happier. We had about 150 guests and had our wedding at the new Boulder Ridge Lodge. It was clean, well- staffed and everyone was professional. The day of wedding coordinator Abby— was literally a lifesaver. She had everything taken care of before I could ask. We had a few minor hiccups but Liberty made it more than right and was quick to accommodate us to make sure we were pleased. Liberty is without a doubt the top of the line when it comes to venues for a wedding. I couldn’t recommend them enough and will forever go back yearly to celebrate our perfect day

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin LoRusso · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing Venue!

We could not have been happier to be married at Highland Lodge on September 28, 2019. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was and our out-of-town guests were grateful for the on-site accommodations. The food was delicious and the staff were friendly. It was really nice to have the bridal get-ready room so close to the action - the girls had their hair and makeup done here and could get ready and leave their belongings in the room. We were so thankful for Alyssa Bartlett's hard work and positive attitude as our day-of coordinator. When we had an outside vendor issue on the day of the wedding, Alyssa was calm and collected and helped us resolve the issue. We've already had guests asking how to book their own weddings at Liberty!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Jan Ceneviva · Married on 07/16/2019

Wedding in June at the Pergola

Our daughter got married on June 1 and it was wonderful. The staff was exceptional, the venue warm and welcoming, it couldn't have been better. When our florist forgot to bring rose petals for the flower girl, our coordinator, Alyssa, grabbed the ball and ran with it--got petals from a nearby tree/shrub and no one was the wiser!! Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Kia

Kia · Married on 06/15/2019

Awesome Venue!!

Liberty Mountain Resort was a Beautiful venue for my wedding. Everyone were very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend.

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 04/20/2019

The best place!

My wedding coordinator, Alyssa, made my day perfect! She took care of everything and I couldn't have found a better place.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Jenn · Married on 10/19/2018

Easiest choice we made was booking Liberty!

We had our wedding at the Overlook Terrace and reception in the nearby lodge and we could not have been more pleased with our choice. Liberty Mountain was the perfect place to hold our fall wedding. Missy Stimer was incredible at getting the process started in the sales office and our day of coordinator Abby Hartnett did a wonderful job making sure our day went smoothly! We had special requests like a custom macaroni and cheese bar and a few guests with dietary restrictions and allergies and Chef Rousey was able to accommodate all of that as well! We got a lot of compliments on the food at the buffet as well as the late night snacks! It was nice having all of those hotel rooms onsite since many of our guests were coming in from out of town. We were told rooms book up VERY fast but had no issue making sure as many guests as possible were able to book a room!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing from start to finish!

From Missy, who is the wedding coordinator who started us on our journey, to Alyssa, the day of wedding coordinator, our day went off without a hitch! It was honestly perfect. I had no stress, and was able to enjoy our wedding day.

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2018

My fiancé and I got married at highland lodge at LMR 2 weeks ago and had the absolute perfect day. We continue to receive compliments on our day from wedding guests. This venue makes everything flawless for a wedding. We were able to have our rehearsal dinner at Ike's Chophouse right on site and reception at LMR which made things flow very well for our guests and wedding party. Most of our guests stayed over at the hotel, so we were able to flow from the reception, to the after party at the eagle and owl bar right on location at the resort and to bed without having to worry about shuttles or changing locations. The bridal suite they have at highland lodge is incredible and was a great space to get ready day of the wedding. Food was great as well and staff was extremely kind and helpful throughout the weekend. The views at highland are beautiful and we already have awesome pictures from guests, and we haven't even seen our professional pictures yet. If I had my wedding again I would 100 times over pick to have it at Liberty Mountain.

Sent on 10/05/2018
  • Tracey

Tracey · Married on 09/21/2018

Wedding Venue

Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous and perfect! Missy was the best contact person and Abby was an amazing Day of Coordinator. The venue was gorgeous and I didn't have to lift a finger the entire day! They were absolutely fantastic! The food was amazing and they did a phenomenal job with preparing the venue and helping to keep everything moving smoothly whilst keeping the bride (me) from losing it! I would totally get married here every day for the beautiful experience!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Kristi · Married on 05/12/2018

We had our reception at LMR the Overlook. Everything was absolutely perfect and stress-free. Our coordinator was Austin; he was great to work with and made sure to double check each detail to make everything just the way we wanted it. The food is fantastic and we heard so many great compliments! I would definitely recommend this venue to everyone. We wanted something somewhat rustic but still elegant and classic. LMR the Overlook was absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Kirsten · Married on 12/29/2017

We loved working with Liberty Mountain Resort and I can't imagine having had a wedding anywhere else! The scenery was beautiful, the facilities were top-notch, the staff was amazing and the food was delicious. It was great to have all our guests be able to stay on site, and everything was so well organized. We were able to get all the decorations, food, cocktail hour and everything all included, which made planning the wedding so easy. On top of that, the facilities were amazing! They had a perfect room for getting ready, space for a rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour, reception, dancing and great events for guests to do in their free time. They were also amazing at helping us do some more out of the box and creative ideas. I was blown away by everything and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a venue!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Megan · Married on 10/28/2017

We chose LMR because they had everything there on site. They had hotel rooms for out of town guests, kitchen at the venue, a dance floor, and the table and chairs for both the ceremony and reception included in the price. I can't say enough about how awesome they all were. We started our planning with Elizabeth and she was knowledgeable and kind. Then we were assigned our coordinator, Allie, and she was also on top of it (even while planning her own wedding!!). Very sweet, extremely responsive, and professional. She kept us all on track and on time. She was always prepared! We LOVED her!! The hotel staff was also great! We had welcome bags delivered to the rooms and they were very organized and always ready for our last minute requests. I grew up learning how to ski at this resort and fell in love with the staff through the wedding planning process. I have nothing but positive things to say about everyone I worked with. They all helped make this day less stressful for me and my parents and I would recommend them 100%. We seriously had the most perfect wedding day and I owe it all to Allie and the team at LMR.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Gina · Married on 08/12/2017

If you're looking for a place to have a destination-style wedding, Liberty Mountain Resort is a wonderful choice. My husband and I wanted our wedding to be a weekend away for our friends and family rather than just a few hour event. And oh my goodness, were our expectations exceeded. I don't even know where to begin. Our coordinator, Allie, was amazing. She was kind, helpful, knowledgeable and incredibly accommodating. When we arrived for the weekend, a staff member was there to help unload and do whatever he could to help. Many of our guests (we had 45 rooms) commented on how impressed they were with the accommodations and incredible service provided by the staff. It stormed leading up to our ceremony and they even went between buildings with umbrellas to walk our guests to the ceremony site (I had no idea, but several guests cited that as an example of their amazing service). Also, they monitored the radar and did everything they could to enable us to have our ceremony outdoors, I didn't even need to ask, they just did it. They ended up delaying the ceremony by about 15 minutes to allow time for the storm to blow through and then called "all hands on deck" to dry the chairs. When I found out the ceremony was going to be outside and was shown a photo of about 20 staff members wiping down chairs I cried I was so happy and touched. The food was amazing and of course, the room and view was incredible (Highland Lodge, Overlook Terrace/Room). Allie coordinated well with all of our day-of vendors (DJ, ceremony musicians, baker), we didn't need to worry about a thing. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Ashlee · Married on 07/29/2017

Our wedding coordinator knew how to handle every situation that came up before the wedding. She answered all my questions through mails within a couple of minutes. She made sure our wedding ran smoothly as possible. We are so happy we got married at Boulder Ridge!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Tyler · Married on 10/15/2016

Liberty was the best! From everything before the wedding to the actual day, they made everything flawless. Working with Missy was an absolute breeze, as she provided us with the best service from the time we booked up until the day of. Kathy was our day of coordinator, and she was awesome. She did everything behind the scenes, and we barely had to lift a finger. If you are looking for a great venue, Boulder Ridge at Liberty is perfect. They setting is tremendous, and the staff are great!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Ava · Married on 09/25/2016

The space was beautiful, our wedding was perfect, and Missy and Karen are amazing :)

Sent on 10/05/2016

Tara · Married on 07/03/2016

Liberty Mountain is so amazing! Missy Stimer has excellent customer service! She's easy to talk to and was so incredibley helpful during the entire planning process. Every question I had, Missy knew the answer! Missy kept me on schedule. We booked Liberty less than a year before our big day and Missy was there every step of the way, assuring me that everything would get done in a timely matter, and it was!!! She was always checking in on me and helping me with whatever I needed. I couldn't imagine planning our wedding without her. Missy always got back to me in a timely manner and was so professional! She's great at her job and I'm proud to say that I believe we came friends over the course of planning! Missy worked with us so well with meeting our budget but getting our money's worth. Food was delicious and the wait staff was amazing! Worth every penny! Also, Karen Pennington was our day of coordinator. I was so nervous only meeting her two days prior to the big day but she was absolutely fantastic! She made our wedding day so stress free, we didn't worry about a thing. Speaking with Karen during the rehearsal we knew she would take care of everything! We had some issues with our DJ but We were assured that Karen would take care of it. And she did! We couldn't imagine our day with out Missy and Karen, they compliment each other so well and both made our day absolutely perfect. We wouldn't change a thing!!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Bob · Married on 06/25/2016

Liberty Mountain Resort is not crystal chandeliers elegance but if you want a homey down to earth venue it's perfect. It's in a beautiful country setting with rustic buildings which are "elegant" once you're inside. Service was outstanding whether hotel staff, wedding coordinators, food and beverage service, and even the golf pro shop. The ceremony took place outdoors with many attendees complimenting how beautiful and unique. The reception was unforgettable - excellent food, vendors who meshed perfectly, highly organized by both Liberty Mountain staff and the DJ all making for a memorable evening, I've attended MANY weddings during my lifetime and this one definitely ranked in the top two or three.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Ski Liberty made the entire venue booking process so easy for my fiancé and I. Their information packets were detailed and easy to follow. Whenever we had questions about anything, the wedding sales associates were quick to respond to e-mails and very flexible when it came to visiting the venue. I would 100% recommend Liberty Mountain Resort!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Tammy · Married on 05/14/2016

From our first consultation, Liberty Mountain Resort was the absolute best! Everyone at the resort made not only us, but all of our guests feel like royalty! Everyone takes there job to the next level! So many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they have ever attended. The majority of our guests also got hotel rooms. Some even had the pleasure of playing golf the morning of the wedding. Our guests enjoyed all of the amenities of the resort. The Eagle and the Owl Restaurant/Bar was another big hit, enjoyed by all! Our big thank you goes out to Karen Pennington! Karen was our day of wedding coordinator. She did an amazing job! We never had to worry about anything! She made the day come together beautifully! We were faced with impending weather issues and she followed the weather and made sure that all vendors and her team of people worked together until the last minute, making everything come together perfectly!

Sent on 05/29/2016
  • FutureMrsSmith

Amy · Married on 04/30/2016

Liberty Mountain resort was fantastic in hosting our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception. We used the Alpine Lodge/Pergola and I can't say enough great things about how everything went. I was so relaxed the days leading up to my wedding because everything was taken care of! We met with our day of coordinator, Karen, right before our rehearsal dinner and she assured us everything would be taken care of and go very smoothly. Boy was she right! Karen was nothing short of spectacular and any little thing or problem that popped up was magically taken care of! If you can request your day of coordinator, request Karen! The servers, the bartenders, all of the staff were wonderful! I couldn't have imagined my wedding going any better and I know it's because of the amazing staff at Liberty Mountain Resort! Thank you!

Sent on 05/13/2016

Laura · Married on 11/07/2015

We had originally booked our reception in the Highlands lodge (which was under construction at the time). Two months before our wedding we were told the space will not be done in time, and they proposed their backup plan, which was a tent overlooking the golf course. Disaster, right? Well, Liberty Mountain Resort went 110% above and beyond what was expected in every single aspect of our day. This tent was no regular tent. It was a magical fairyland filled with draping that looked like it cost a fortune and Pinterest-worthy hanging chandeliers. The bathrooms were nicer than the bathrooms in my house. LMR even threw in a complimentary chocolate fondue fountain (that miraculously I didn't end up getting on my dress), in addition to a generous discount for the whole inconvenience and original disappointment. There were two fire pits outside and tiki torches leading up to the entrance which added to the overall ambiance. Every. Single. Guest. expressed how wonderful everything was. I even had a few comments that this was the nicest reception they had ever been to. Deanna, Missy, Elizabeth in the sales office were so helpful and responsive. Karen (our day of coordinator) genuinely loves her job and made sure everything ran smoothly. All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend LMR for a wedding reception.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Very nice setting. Had the wedding and the reception here, and it was very well put together and flowed seamlessly

Sent on 10/05/2015