L'Etoile Catering Reviews

22 Reviews for L'Etoile Catering

1 User photo

L'Etoile Catering 1

Kate Hudson · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing, sweet professionals with GREAT food!

Vickie and Mark are AMAZING to work with! They are genuinely VERY nice people who will do whatever it takes to make your day the best. They are calm and collected. I never worried about the catering or anything they were taking care of because they were so on top of it. Their staff is professional, and pleasant to work with! We could not have been happier and I can not recommend them enough!!

Sent on 09/22/2019

L'Etoile Catering's reply:

Kate, Neil and their parents were a joy! We were honored to be a part of their wedding celebration. Vickie & Mark Gresge L'etoile Catering.
  • Peter

Peter Ohlhausen · Married on 09/13/2019

100% delighted

Friendly owners. Creative, delightful food. Generous, informative advance tasting. Cheerful responses to our menu questions and tweaks. Sufficient number of servers at the event. The food truly was extra, extra good! We could not be happier with our choice of this caterer.

Sent on 10/09/2019

L'Etoile Catering's reply:

It was a joy for me to plan with Kate and Neil and our entire crew enjoyed serving their family and friends!

Christina · Married on 06/30/2019

I would HIGHLY recommend L'Etoile Catering to anyone looking for a wedding caterer. They were so attentive, patient and kind throughout the whole planning process and their food was just incredible. Vicky responded promptly to my one million emails and was always there to talk through concerns I might have or communicate with the rental company to make changes. L'Etoile really values each of their clients and knows how important their job is in making a wedding a success. I received so many compliments on the food and service at our wedding. Hiring them will be the best decision you make!

Sent on 09/18/2018
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 06/07/2019

Prepare for the best food and best service of your life

Wow. Just Wow.

For starters, this is not just a regular catering company. This is a husband and wife dynamic team designs a menu with you and helps orchestrate your special day with the utmost love, care, and attention to detail. The service that we received from Vickie and Mark was out of this world. Whether it was a last minute rental change, or a phone call just to make sure we were all on the same page Vickie was extremely gracious and helpful. On the day of our wedding, there were a few little concerns with the weather (its good luck right?) and Vickie was the voice of calm and tranquility helping us make the best decisions for us on the special day. I will be forever grateful for her energy and spirit during this portion of the day.

Now about the food:
    In addition to all of the amazing hospitality that we received from them leading up to our wedding the actual day of was like nothing we could have imagined. THEIR FOOD IS AMAZING!!! Not to mention Vickie prepared two plate for my husband and I and had them waiting at our seat so we could avoid the classic "I didn't even eat at my own wedding." I'm sure glad we had that plate because the food was even better than I remembered from our tasting. Our friends and family were talking about it all night.

Last but certainly not least, I would like to mention that Vickie and Mark are the definition of couple goals and it was an honor to witness their awesomeness at work.

THANK YOU VICKIE AND MARK FOR BEING THE ABSOLUTE BEST! There really aren't words to express our gratitude.

Sent on 07/11/2019

L'Etoile Catering's reply:

It was our sincere pleasure to have been given the responsibility to be a part of your wedding day. We loved every step of the planning together. You, your family and friends were such gracious guests.
    With Gratitude, Vickie, Mark and the l'etoile catering team.
  • Emily

Emily Heisler · Married on 06/01/2019

An amazing catering team and wedding dinner experience

I can't say enough good things about this amazing team and the delicious food that our guests enjoyed at our wedding! We loved the entire experience of meeting Vickie and Mark, selecting plates in their tasting kitchen, and watching our friends and family enjoy it as much as we did on the day of our wedding. I am so happy that you were part of making our day so memorable, thank you again and again, I highly recommend this catering team!

Sent on 07/05/2019

L'Etoile Catering's reply:

It was our sincere pleasure. Thank you for trusting us with the responsibility and for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your celebration. Sincerely, Mark, Vickie and crew.
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful! Would absolutely recommend.

Choosing L'Etoile as our caterer for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! Vickie and Mark are lovely to work with. From the start, they were incredibly responsive. Their knowledge of catering, the wedding industry, and events is unparalleled. They offered great insight and recommendations to make sure that our cocktail style reception would flow smoothly and be exactly what we envisioned. We consulted them on numerous items for the wedding (bar supplies, rentals) and they helped at every step. They were very receptive to our ideas, including making two signature cocktails and a special brownie sundae (instead of cake) for dessert.

On top of being incredibly helpful during the planning process, their product at the wedding was INCREDIBLE. The service and staff were friendly, efficient, and so helpful. The food was amazing - we received tons of comments on how delicious everything was.

Bottom line - you will not regret choosing them for your wedding! They are wonderful people and professionals.

Sent on 06/06/2019

L'Etoile Catering's reply:

We are sincerely grateful for your trust and the responsibility to take care of you and your guests. It was a complete joy to plan and cater your wedding with you.
  • Garrett

Garrett Trent · Married on 10/14/2018

Wonderful People, Delicious Food!

We loved working with Mark and Vickie! They treated us like family and we felt totally confident we were in good hands. The food and service were both excellent the day of the wedding!

Sent on 12/01/2018

L'Etoile Catering's reply:

It was a true joy to cater & serve Jill, Garrett, their family and friends.
    We were very grateful for the opportunity. Vickie Greges l'etoile Catering.

Elvish · Married on 09/21/2018

We ended up with L'etoile Catering by accident and it was the best thing that could have happened to us. Vickie and Mark are an amazing team, the couple and their staff are in it for the craft not for the money and it shows. We felt so welcomed at the tasting, everything was beyond delicious and we got many many compliments on the feast they prepared for the wedding itself. They say no matter how good the food was at your wedding, you won't remember it - not true in this case. Unforgettable for the two of us and for our guests.

Sent on 10/11/2018
    L'Etoile Catering 2

Hello Elvish & Jeff,
    It was our sincere pleasure. You warmed our heart with your love and respect for each other and your guests were so gracious and a pleasure to serve.
    Mark & I wish you all the very best! Vickie

Maria · Married on 09/08/2018

L'Etoile was such a wonderful wedding vendor! Vickie and her entire team were incredibly professional from our first meeting at the tasting all the way through the final hours of our wedding. They were more than willing to customize the menu based on our food allergies and special requests. We had a large wedding, and they were able to prepare and serve the group perfectly. Despite the rain, L'Etoile delivered very consistent food and provided high quality service to all of our guests. I would choose Vickie and team over and over again, and highly recommend L'Etoile!

Sent on 10/09/2018

L'Etoile Catering's reply:

Mark and I are sincerely grateful that you enjoyed our food and service.
    Thank you for the very thoughtful review. We are hummbled to have had the opportunity to be a part of your wedding day. Vickie

Tamara · Married on 06/30/2018

Five stars for l'etoile catering!

I honestly can't say enough about L'Etoile Catering. We're big "foodies" so I was very concerned about the menu for our daughter's large outdoor summer wedding. Not only were the food and service excellent but Vickie had unending patience and kindness with all my phone calls and questions during this very stressful time. They truly went above and beyond the call of duty and were fairly priced for the quality of food and service they provide. I highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 02/23/2019

L'Etoile Catering's reply:

Thank you! It was our sincere pleasure to plan and cater your daughters wedding. Mark, myself and our team were so grateful to have the opportunity to be a part of their wedding day!

Hope · Married on 06/16/2018

L'Etoile Catering served a phenomenal meal for our June wedding! The menu was season, local, and truly represented our taste and style. Vickie worked with us to ensure that each dish was fully to our liking; she was extremely responsive and flexible regarding slight tweaks and requests. We were quite set on serving the entire dinner family-style in one course, and the l'Etoile team executed the meal perfectly! Everything was served on-time and at the ideal serving temperature.

Our guests were simply blown away by the quality of the hors d'oeuvres (gorgeous display of cheeses, smoked trout on a potato chip, and a miniature take on the classic Virginia ham biscuit) as well as the reception dinner (grilled shrimp, grilled hanger steak cooked to perfection, grits, tomato pie, corn salad, kale salad, and grilled asparagus).

The team was professional and the service was wonderful (serving wine in a timely manner and responding well to our guests' requests). We could not have imagined a better partner -- thank you l'Etoile team!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Brandi · Married on 05/13/2018

I am so happy that we worked with L’etoile for our catering. Mark and Vickie were an absolute treat to work with. They were so patient with all of the changes that I requested throughout my wedding planning process. Also, the food was INCREDIBLE. All of my guests kept raving about it after the wedding. Get the salmon!! The staff were extremely professional including the servers and bartenders. Vickie really was one of the most helpful people in planning my wedding reception. Cannot recommend them enough!!!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Melinda · Married on 07/15/2017

From the very start over a year ago it was clear that L'Etoile Catering was going to be a good choice from a taste perspective. Mark Gresge's skill as a chef was evident at our tasting, which felt like dinner with friends. During the year, as we followed my daughter's meticulous spreadsheets to plan the wedding she and Brad wanted, Vickie was always available to answer questions and give us advice. Closer to the wedding, Vickie made herself available for a conference call with us and the day-of coordinator to work out last-minute details. We stocked the bar ourselves and she reviewed quantities for us so that we could be sure we had what we needed in terms of quantity and types of beverages. But the best part was the wedding day when Vickie put together a staff that, while unobtrusive, also seemed to share in the joy of the day and made our guests feel welcome and accommodated. They brought a tray of hors d'oeuvres from the cocktail hour to the wedding party during their photo session and prepared a care package for the bride and groom to share at the end of the day. They made the day seem like it was easy, even in a farm venue where the quality of the kitchen was not what they were used to I'm quite sure. But have I mentioned the food? Our guests are still raving about the hors d'oeuvres, especially the bacon wrapped dates, baked brie in puff pastry and filo tartlets with cumin cilantro shrimp. And the butternut squash and crispy kale risotto and grilled Alaskan salmon were a great hit though the item about which we have heard the greatest reviews is the hangar steak, grilled on site and served with caramelized onions, grilled tomatoes and a chimichurri sauce. Such quality dining and great service for 150 guests helped to make the wedding an event we will always remember. You cannot go wrong with this caterer!

Sent on 07/24/2017
  • Carol

Carol · Married on 10/01/2016

Warm and wonderful owners, fantastic food! Grab them if you can!

If you are lucky enough to get Mark and Vicky to cater your wedding, grab them! They were totally helpful and full of information from start to finish, answering all my daughter’s questions quickly and helping us plan a lovely and delicious cocktail reception. They were very flexible and responsive to my daughter’s desires, and gave her the wedding of her dreams. Both she and her husband said they could not imagine a more perfect wedding. They are just wonderful, warm people and they made us feel that we were like family. We had quite a rain storm at our tent venue, necessitating a bar move at the last minute. Also, some changes had to be made because the temperature in the tent was warmer than was planned. And the pouring rain of course! We didn’t even notice all they did to make things happen. The servers were lovely and hard working, and even sang along with the band while they were working, which we loved! The food, of course, was totally creative and delicious and there was plenty. There are so many things that go into making one’s wedding catering successful, and Mark and Vicky excel at all of them. I very highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/14/2019

L'Etoile Catering's reply:

Thank you. It was our sincere pleasure meeting your family, planning and catering your daughter's wedding.
    Thank you for trusting us with the responsibility.

Anne · Married on 04/02/2016

I'm a picky eater but the folks at L'Etoile can make anything taste amazing! I loved them as a restaurant in Charlottesville and was thrilled when they were available to cater our wedding. They were super flexible with food, items that were included, not included, services they provided or we provided, we were able to provide our own alcohol, which they served. The food was delicious, the catering staff was friendly and made sure everything ran on time(we didn't have a wedding coordinator), considering the quality of the food they were incredibly reasonably priced. All the guests commented on how delicious the meal was, we couldn't have been happier with L'Etoile!

Sent on 04/10/2016

L'Etoile Catering's reply:

Thank you my dear! It was a great pleasure. Congratulations!

Vickie and the team at L'Etoile were exceptional in providing our wedding reception with a wonderful hors d'oeuvres and a buffet dinner recently. From the planning stages, Vickie worked with us to accommodate our budget and wedding themes into the menu and presentation. The team was a delight to work with and are very enthusiastic about providing food that is fresh, delicious, and with a French flair. We loved the fresh fruits and vegetables used, as well as the homemade pasta primavera. We would highly recommend this catering group!

Sent on 08/17/2014

bunny · Married on 09/29/2012

My husband and I have never had anything but a great dining experience at L'etoile. So, when our daughter asked to be married at home, we naturally called Vickie Gresge. From our first conversation I knew we had made the right choice. Vickie listened to my vision, prepared a creative menu, happily advised and kindly supported me through the daunting process. Our event was all we hoped for. Our guests enjoyed a delicious dinner prepared on site and were very well taken care of by L'etoile's professional staff. Thank you to Vickie Gresge for an unforgettable evening.

Sent on 10/27/2012

Incredible!! We received so many compliments on the food which was amazing. They handled a crisis with the rental company with such ease, and were beyond helpful with our DIY wedding. We loved them and recommend them highly!!!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Diana · Married on 10/14/2017

L'Etoile catered our wedding reception and it was everything I could have asked for. I felt so comfortable knowing that I had Vickie to help organize rentals (glasses, linens, tables, etc), decide how much alcohol to get, set up the space, etc. She truly is a catering expert and was unbelievably helpful with all of our questions/concerns. During cocktail hour, Vickie specifically sought out my husband and I to bring us appetizers and drinks. But most importantly, the food was OUTSTANDING! All my guests were raving about how it was the best wedding food they had ever had. All the meats were juicy and tender, the ingredients were fresh, and everything was flavorful. The wait staff was friendly and fun to have at the wedding. The price was higher than some places in the area, but lower than many others as well. I feel it was a good value. Would choose L'Etoile again a million times over!

Sent on 10/12/2017
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 07/17/2010

The food was amazing, they were easy to work with, and the presentation was awesome.

Sent on 08/03/2010

Megan · Married on 05/04/2019

3.0

Perfection embodied in Food

Vickie and Mark and their food and staff are absolute perfection. Our guests had nothing but rave reviews, and for foodies like us who still had a budget to think about we couldn't have asked for better. You would be remiss to NOT book them for your wedding.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Danielle · Married on 06/02/2018

We used l'etoile catering for our spring wedding earlier this year! I am a huge proponent of "go local" in terms of food, and I really felt as though L'etoile shared this same value. They source their chicken from Polyface farm (featured in Omnivore's Dilemma) and all their other products from Charlottesville area farms whenever possible - there is definitely an attention to quality ingredients! Guests LOVED our food - everything from the specialty cocktail that they helped us formulate, to the hors d'oeurves, and the meal itself. Great attention was made to use in-season ingredients so everything would taste fresh - and I'd say it paid off! Vickie and her husband were very creative with their menus and easy to work with. The actual service provided on the day-of was excellent as well. I can't say that I got quotes from other vendors because we liked L'etoile so much we went with them straight away (actually before we even tasted their food because they were so highly recommended by our wedding planner)...their prices did seem on the higher end, but also did not seem unfair. Overall a great experience and I would recommend them definitely!

Sent on 07/14/2018