Let Them Eat Cake Reviews

Let Them Eat Cake 7
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 06/08/2019

Divine Perfection!

Gayle was simply amazing to work with. She created two amazing cakes and 3 dozen cupcakes. We were a destination wedding so we did everything via email and mail. So here is why Gayle is amazing:
    - She shipped us samples of cake so we had a remote taste test which was simply perfect
    - She created a Curling Cake for our grooms cake from visuals we provided — She nailed it!!
    - Our ocean themed three tier wedding cake was simply amazing!
    - the cupcakes worked for our evening reception

The best part was the guest compliments after! Gayle will make your cake and your day!!! Say yes and Let Them Eat Cake!

Angela & Chris
    South Carolina

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Let Them Eat Cake 8
    Let Them Eat Cake 9

Melissa · Married on 05/03/2019

Beautiful and delicious!

Our wedding cake was out of this world beautiful and delicious!! The cake tasting process was fun since flavors were sent to us to try at home. Gayle was so easy to work with and very responsive via phone call and email. We chose carrot cake as our flavor and it was probably the best carrot cake I've ever had, so many people came up to us to tell us how tasty it was! She designed a cake that matched our color scheme and while also being unique. We couldn't have chosen a better person to make our wedding cake!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Beth · Married on 03/16/2019

I had a destination wedding, and relied on word of mouth with a lot of my vendors. I was BEYOND thrilled with the entire cake ordering process. We were able to receive cake samples by mail (all of which were delicious), and place our order over the phone, while receiving a rough sketch of the cake in an email. The end result was better then I ever imagined in my head, and our guests could not stop complimenting the design, and how delicious it was. I definitely recommend using Let them Eat Cake, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Allie Stevens · Married on 10/27/2018

Wedding Cake:)

Gayle is an incredible baker! She created a work of art for my wedding! I met with Gayle and told her I wanted to combine two pictures of cakes and she created an amazing cake! It was so beautiful that I didn’t even want anyone to eat it! I’m so glad we ate it though it tasted phenomenal! The almond flavor my now husband and I picked was out of this world!:) All of our guest could not stop talking about how beautiful the cake was and how delicious it tasted! If you need a wedding cake for your wedding or any big event I truly recommend Let Them Eat Cake!:) Thank you so much Gayle for creating my dream wedding cake and it surpassed my expectation! It was simple breath taking! I truly can’t thank you enough for the incredible cake!:)

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Let Them Eat Cake 10

Jodi · Married on 09/22/2018

Beautiful and delicious wedding cake!

We are so happy we chose Let Them Eat Cake for our wedding cake! We live out of state, and Gayle was so wonderful to work with over the phone and email in planning our wedding cake. She sent samples for us to chose the type of cake flavor and frosting we would want and provided sketches through email of the cake design we discussed. On the day of the wedding the cake was delivered and set up, and we were able to rent a cake stand. When we walked into our reception and saw the cake we were so happy with how it turned out--The design was beautiful (exactly what we had envisioned). Additionally, the cake was so delicious—we got so many compliments on how good it was throughout the evening! We could not recommend Let Them Eat Cake any more highly!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Jennifer Sprague · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing cake and overall process!

I can't say enough good things about Let Them Eat Cake! Gayle made the entire process so easy. She is very quick to respond to emails. Cake samples were mailed to us to taste and they were all delicious! She sent us a sketch of our envisioned cake and the final product was so beautiful! She even matched the handmade flowers to my bouquet! We chose the blueberry torte and it was to die for!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Let Them Eat Cake 11
    Let Them Eat Cake 12
  • Ayla

Ayla · Married on 09/08/2018

The best cake I've ever had

The cake we had was so delicious! I've never been a big fan of wedding cake, but ours was just as perfect on the inside as it was the outside. Gayle was an absolute dream to work with. We live in Boston, but she was able to make the tasting and design process SO easy by sending us cake in the mail and sending us a sketch of her vision of the cake (the world's cutest sketch, and it was 100% spot on!!!) If/ when I'm in Maine and need a cake, Let Them Eat Cake will be my first and only stop.

Sent on 10/28/2018
    Let Them Eat Cake 13

Amy · Married on 07/14/2018

Gayle is amazing! Being "out -of - towners", Gayle gave us a special cake packet to bring home and try. And then we covered everything else by phone. She really captured everything we wanted in a wedding cake - and our guests couldn't get over how yummy it was!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Andrea · Married on 06/23/2018

Please let me tell you how amazing Gayle is – she’s a wedding day super hero! After we had a little change of plans with the original cake vendor and they could no longer make it, my first call was to Gayle with “Let them Eat Cake.” She immediately empathized with us and gave us a sense of calm immediately. I wasn’t the kind of person who panicked with wedding stuff, but with two weeks until our wedding, she agreed and was willing to create the cake of our dreams that we had pictured for so long – super hero right?! Her attention to detail is very high level and was extremely responsive. Now – the cake – c’mon, it was DELICIOUS! For our summer wedding, we chose to have 3 tiers, two that were vanilla cake & vanilla buttercream and the other lemon cake with lemon buttercream - best decision ever – she even surprised us with an anniversary tier. Made us so happy, as we weren’t originally planning on it and with the short amount of time we gave her, we didn’t want to add more pressure & work – guys, we cried with tears of joy when the venue said she made us one. This is the best reason to good cry over cake. The cake was elegant with her classy design and even took the time to add our cake pull charms as well. If you’re not familiar with a cake pull, it’s a great southern tradition (I was raised in the South) with charms added to the cake for your bridesmaids to literally pull out of the cake and the charms are a surprise and have special meaning. Gayle was able to have me mail the charm bracelets to her since we live in MA and her in Maine. it was a fun addition to our day and was glad Gayle could make this happen for us. I will always call Gayle for future cakes – she’s worth the drive to Maine!! If you’re getting married in Southern Maine, Gayle is your gal! You’ll be so glad you chose her!!

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Let Them Eat Cake 18
    Let Them Eat Cake 19
    Let Them Eat Cake 20

Laura · Married on 06/01/2018

We’re not just saying this because it was our own wedding, but this truly was the most delicious wedding cake we have ever had (and our guests agree!). We had the vanilla cake with Maine blueberry filling and it was out of this world. The cake was also beautifully decorated to fit our theme (Nautical Maine with lobsters). Besides the cake itself, Gayle was a joy to work with. She was always available to jump on a call when we had questions or concerns. She listened to our ideas, gave us her input, and the execution was flawless. We would highly recommend Gayle — she won’t disappoint!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Tory · Married on 01/06/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Gayle at Let Them Eat Cake. I contracted her to make a custom cake for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, which fell on Jan. 6th, right after the holidays. I was very busy and I was making my arrangements very last minute but Gayle was extremely responsive and accessible as well as flexible. Once we made the decision to move forward with the cake, she was lightning quick in helping me create the design. She understood the aesthetic I was hoping for right away and sent me sketches that reflected our discussions. The cake itself was so elegant and tasteful (and also delicious!) My parents were blown away - after the party, my mom was texting me pictures of her having little cake snacks with her champagne as we savored the leftovers. Gayle is incredibly talented and so pleasant to work with, and her pricing is extremely reasonable for the quality and level of care you receive as a client. If I ever have another occasion for a custom cake in New England, I will 100% work with Gayle again. Strongly recommend!

Sent on 01/09/2018
    Let Them Eat Cake 21
    Let Them Eat Cake 22

Vanessa · Married on 11/18/2017

Great experience! The cake looked amazing and tasted amazing. They even worked with my florist to use flowers from my bouquet as a cascade!

Sent on 06/10/2018
    Let Them Eat Cake 23

christal · Married on 10/28/2017

Gayle was very easy to work with . The cake was amazing and delicious. I sent her a picture of what I wanted my cake to look like and she did it actually. Can’t say enough about how great my experience was working with gayle

Sent on 10/29/2017

El · Married on 10/21/2017

We were so pleased at the service that Gayle provided us from beginning of the process to the final delivery. Everything went very smoothy and her results were fantastic! All our guest raved about how the wedding cake "was to die for" .we had no left over!

Thank you Gayle for making our "fairytale garden wedding celebration"a wonderful memory for us as well as our 100+ plus guest! You are the BEST! My recommendation: go for the Almond White, the BEST!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

kristen · Married on 10/06/2017

Working with Gayle was wonderful!! Planning a wedding from out of state it wasn't easy to have a tasting so Gayle mailed all the samples to my door! Her cakes are incredible and she is so easy to work with! I was able to send her pictures of my vision and she drew what I had in my mind on a sketch! The cake tasted amazing and everyone loved it, thank you so much!!

Kristen and Jim

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Let Them Eat Cake 24

Lori · Married on 09/30/2017

The Rasberry Torte was delish!
    We had our cake designed with cats and dogs - 3 tier. It was beautiful !

Sent on 10/18/2017

Natalie · Married on 09/16/2017

We are so happy with the way our cake turned out! It was gorgeous on the outside and delicious on the inside. I would order from Gayle at Let Them Eat Cake in a heart beat for another event. Thank you for helping make our wedding amazing!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Durinda · Married on 09/16/2017

Outstanding, beautiful, easy to work with, yummy, wow!!!! would use them again and again! Thank you!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2017

Gayle was absolutely wonderful and the cake was more beautiful than even could have imagined!!! I would go through her for anything in the future!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I were recommended by our vendor to work with Gayle from Let them eat cake. We live in the Boston area so in the beginning I was very nervous. But from the very first welcome email to the very last thank you email Gayle was a dream to work with. My husband and I had a very specific idea for a cake that included zero fondont and an old fashion look. Gayle created our dream cake in a sketch after just ONE call! Next up was the tasting, she explained that we could choose flavors and they would be mailed to us over night, my immediate thought was "cake in the mail ? This sounds awful"....oh was I wrong ! The cake was so amazing and delicious it made me order a whole cake for my sons baby shower before we even had the wedding ! Gayle is about 2 hours away from my home but her cake was so amazing that I will be using her for every event that requires cake ! From her creative eye to her bubbly personality this was an amazing experience !

Sent on 10/19/2017
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 08/26/2017

Gayle did an amazing job with my nautical themed cupcakes and anniversary cake! We had many compliments on how tasteful the cupcakes were and how the frosting was sweet but not heavy! Cupcakes were perfectly moist. We picked up our own cupcakes and Gayle left detailed instructions on storing and set up of the cupcakes that was extremely helpful. We cannot wait to eat our anniversary cake! I would definitely recommend Let Them Eat Cake for any event!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Allison · Married on 08/19/2017

Gayle was SO helpful and accommodating. People were coming up to me all night talking about how wonderful the cake was. She was super professional and a joy to work with the entire time. I would strongly recommend Gayle to every single bride-to-be in the Maine area!! <3

Sent on 10/23/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/05/2017

Gayle Forte was wonderful! I ordered a wedding cake and groom's cake and they were perfect! Our wedding cake was beautiful and the groom's cake was exactly what we wanted and delicious. The cakes were amazing! Everyone loved them! We really appreciated how wonderful Gayle was to us through the cake process especially since we are from out of state. Thank you!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Amy · Married on 07/22/2017

I worked with Gayle at Let Them Eat Cake. When everyone else paused at my cake request, Gayle jumped in! She helped me recreate a fountain cake that my grandmother made about 30 years ago for my cousin's wedding. It was beautiful. edible, and magical! Additionally, Gayle and I worked on the cake from afar. She sent samples that arrived in tact and gave us a fabulous preview of our options. If you want a fun and fabulous experience, work with Gayle!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Rhonda · Married on 07/22/2017

Let Them Eat Cake was hands down the best cake we've ever had at any function. In addition, Gayle Forte was super accommodating, helped with the design, and professional from start to finish.

I would highly recommend "Let Them Eat Cake" in Kennebunk, ME