Lesner Inn Reviews

Lesner Inn 7
  • Pamela

Pamela Padolina · Getting married on 02/29/2020

Great Communication

I'm a newly engaged future bride and Lesner Inn has been my second search so far. Lesner Inn basically left me without questions to ask. They were very accommodating, they responded pretty quick when I had inquired, they made everything seem so easy. I am very interested in this venue with the easy experience they had made my visit. Their packages have also been very reasonable and I'm looking forward to considering this as my reception venue.

Sent on 04/10/2019

Lesner Inn's reply:

Pamela, thank you so much for your 5 star review! We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your experience of working with us so far! Congrats again on your engagement!

Alaina Williams · Married on 07/20/2019

Perfect waterfront Venue

As a Virginia Beach resident, I really wanted to have my wedding with water views. Lesner Inn was the perfect setting for it. I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out!The venue was big enough for my guest count and they had plenty of room in Lesner Hall and the deck upstairs! The service, food and drinks were great! Alexis, Liz and Lindsey were so nice to work with too. I HIGHLY recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/25/2019
    Lesner Inn 8
    Lesner Inn 9
    Lesner Inn 10
    Lesner Inn 11
    Lesner Inn 12
    Lesner Inn 13

Lesner Inn's reply:

Alaina, thank you so much for your review! It was an absolutely beautiful day and we're so happy to have been a part of it! We wish you and Pat the best as you start this journey together!
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect venue, awesome staff

My husband and I got married at the Lesner on 5/25/19 and we couldn’t be happier with our choice of venue! The service was phenomenal and the staff is truly committed to making your wedding day nothing short of phenomenal. Alexis ensured that every single detail of our wedding day was taken care of and exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 06/21/2019
    Lesner Inn 14
    Lesner Inn 15

Lesner Inn's reply:

Julia, thank you so much for the sweet review!! I LOVED working with you during the planning process, and I loved seeing your dream day come true! Thank you for reminding me why I love my job so much :) Best wishes to you and Jake as you start this next chapter of your life together!

Danielle · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful, beautiful and very professional

Beautiful venue. Entire staff was amazing and our wedding was perfect!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Lesner Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Danielle! Your October wedding was perfect!

Nikki · Married on 10/19/2018

Beautiful Venue

From the moment we walked onto the sunset deck upstairs, we knew that we wanted the Lesner Inn to be our wedding venue. It was the first big venue we had visited, but we didn't need to see any more after we saw the view of the Lynnhaven River from the deck. Having our ceremony on the Sunset Deck gave us the opportunity to have an outdoor ceremony at sunset with the protection of a covered deck (and a built-in back-up plan to have the ceremony inside in case of terrible weather). Lindsey was great throughout the planning process-- she promptly answered my (constant) questions. The all-inclusive package with linens, tables, chairs, and use of the Lesner Inn's decor was totally worth it as we didn't have to contract with extra outside vendors or bring much of our own decor in. Our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect. Everything ran smoothly, and all of our guests are still talking about the view of the sunset and how delicious the food was. We couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Kerry · Married on 10/13/2018

Best decision we made during our planning!

From start to finish, our experience with the Lesner Inn was outstanding. From the very first email requesting a tour with the venue, Alexis was prompt and professional. Scheduling appointments and bouncing ideas back in forth was done with ease throughout the planning process. We chose to add day-of coordination services to our package which was one of the best decisions we could've made! Liz was ontop of everything ahead of the big day and so much fun to work with. On our wedding day, she kept everything on schedule - She was extremely professional and prompt, but never made us feel like the day was rushed. We are so thankful that we were able to host our wedding with Lesner Inn. Our guests loved the views and the food. Everything came together beautifully for a day we will never forget! Choosing Lesner Inn was the easiest and best decision we made throughout our entire planning process.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Lesner Inn's reply:

Hi Kerry! Thank you so much for your sweet review! Alexis & Liz loved getting to know you during the planning process and we are so happy we were able to make your wedding amazing!!

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect venue

We celebrated our wedding reception at the Lesner Inn. We knew we loved the venue based on the view alone. We both grew up in Virginia Beach and know you can’t beat the views from the Lesner. We rented both bottom and top levels. The day was perfect. Planning was easy with Lindsey. There were detailed descriptions and additional décor options which made the settings look beautiful. I was looking for somewhere that didn’t require me to have a lot of set up prior to the reception since I was having a church celebration prior to arriving to the reception. Everything was beautifully placed, communication was clear, and staff members were friendly and professional. We had a wonderful day and happy we chose the Lesner.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Lesner Inn's reply:

Hi Rachel!! Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving us a review! Your kind words mean so much to us and we loved getting to know you during the planning process!

Brittany · Married on 07/15/2018

Lesner Inn was the absolute best venue we could have chosen for our big day. Liz and Cayleen were the sweetest people and they made my wedding day smooth and flawless. I have no idea what I would have done without them. Not to mention the food was AMAZING!

Sent on 07/17/2018
  • Kristen

Kristen Thompson · Married on 07/05/2018

Summer wedding!

I loved this venue for our wedding! Everyone was helpful and responded quickly to our requests. They worked well with our budget. The wedding day was beautiful and fun. I suggest spending the extra money on their wedding coordinator. I think without that my wedding would not have gone as smoothly. This is a beautiful place to get married and the staff is amazing!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Lesner Inn's reply:

Kristen, thank you so much for your review! We had the absolute best time working with you and your fiancé throughout the planning process and your wedding night! We wish you both all of the happiness in your future together!

Kelly · Married on 06/29/2018

What a beautiful venue! Our wedding at the Lesner Inn was absolutely perfect. Cayleen and Alexis are just amazing. True professionals with an eye for detail. Everything was taken care of beautifully. We couldn't have asked for better people or better views on our special day.

Sent on 07/05/2018
    Lesner Inn 16
    Lesner Inn 17
    Lesner Inn 18

Lesner Inn's reply:

Thanks so much for your sweet words, Kelly! We loved working with you and coordinating your event. Thank you for reminding us why we both love our job so much and for being such an easy going / hilarious client to work with. Congratulations congratulations congratulations! We're so excited for you & Jake and wish you both the most happiness!

Rachel · Married on 06/22/2018

I could NOT be happier with the service from Lesner Inn. Our coordinator Liz was SO helpful each time we met with her and had questions. The ceremony and receptions spaces were absolutely beautiful. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn’t change a thing and I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Rachel,

Thank you for being so amazing to work with! You and Steve's wedding was absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad you allowed Lesner Inn to be a part of your day!

- Liz Bailey

Samuel · Married on 04/28/2018

The Lesner Inn was a phenomenal venue to have Kayla and I's wedding. The customer service was top notch. Cayleen helped Kayla and I through the whole process. I remember the night of the wedding I asked Cayleen several times what I could do to help and she told me I should just relax and have fun because she was covering everything. She was correct. She handled every extremely professionally.

We used several of the vendors recommended by the Lesner Inn and they all performed very well. It was an excellent evening. I recommend the Lesner Inn and specifically Cayleen highly to couples looking for a gorgeous venue and an incredibly memorable evening.

Thank you!

Sent on 05/14/2018
    Lesner Inn 19

Lesner Inn's reply:

Hi Sam! I had such a blast working with you & Kayla! Your wedding guests & wedding party were hilarious as well. Thank you both for being so easy going & care free! It makes my job so much fun to work with people who are just happy to be celebrating such a wonderful occasion with their family & friends.
    Good luck to you both on the big move to the West coast!

Kara · Married on 04/07/2018

We had an amazing time at the Lesner Inn! Elizabeth work so hard to make sure we had everything we needed and wanted!

Sent on 05/18/2018
    Lesner Inn 20

Lesner Inn's reply:

Kara, you and Darren, were a dream to work with! The love and laughter that flowed throughout the entire night kept a smile on my face and every single one of your guests. Thank you for letting Lesner Inn be a part of your special day and we wish the absolute best in yours and Darren's future!

Becca · Married on 12/02/2017

The Lesner Inn is an absolutely stunning venue and we could not have been more happy with having our wedding there! Everyone was so pleasant to work with and made sure the day went smoothly! All of our guests were raving about how beautiful and venue was and how great the food was! Highly highly recommend!!!!!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Lesner Inn's reply:

Hi Becca! We had such an amazing time working with you & coordinating your wedding! The photos from your wedding are stunning, as well as your wedding video! We're so grateful to have had the opportunity to meet your wild family & friends, & we can't wait to see what the future has in store for you!!!
  • Matt and Christina

Christina · Married on 11/11/2017

We were beyond pleased with the care we received at Lesner Inn on our wedding day! Elizabeth was AMAZING!! She had our wedding flowing with so much ease! We can barely describe in words how wonderful she was! Thank you Lesner and we adore Elizabeth!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Lesner Inn 21
    Lesner Inn 22
    Lesner Inn 23

Lesner Inn's reply:

Christina you were AMAZING! Thank you for being such an easy going bride and for all the fun that you and your guests brought to the night. We loved having you be a Lesner Inn bride!

Charlynn · Married on 11/10/2017

From the beginning of our wedding planning process, Brittany, Lindsey, and the rest of the Lesner Inn staff were amazing. They gave us so many ideas and recommendations, and just made the whole process way less stressful. Our ceremony and reception were absolutely beautiful, despite cold and windy weather. The views are breathtaking, the staff is exceptional, the food is delicious, and we highly recommend this venue!
    -Charlynn and Cameron Kowaki

Sent on 11/25/2017

Rio · Married on 07/02/2017

Choosing a wedding venue was probably the easiest part of wedding planning for my husband and I. We took one look at the view from the sunset deck and knew it was where we wanted our love story to begin. My wedding exceeded my wildest expectations. It was even more beautiful than I had dreamed it would be. I owe a HUGE thank you to Brittany, Alexis, and Cayleen for streamlining every detail for me. They were so responsive, organized, and helpful. I really didn't even have to think on my wedding day and that was priceless. All of my wedding guests are still raving about the fun they had that day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making our wedding memories as perfect as they possibly could be. Love you guys!! ---Mike and Rio Herbik

Sent on 07/07/2017

Lesner Inn's reply:

Rio, thank you SO much for your sweet words. We had so much fun getting to know you and Mike during the planning process. You were a stunning bride and we wish the best for the two of you in your marriage!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2017

We had an excellent experience from beginning to end working with Cayleen at The Lesner Inn. I have no complaints whatsoever about our wedding planning process with her . The weather turned out to be absolutely perfect and the venue really sparkled that evening.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Lesner Inn's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you & your family during the planning process! The room really did sparkle with everything from the decor to the smiles on everyone's faces, especially Elizabeth & Kyle's :) Thank you so much for being such great people to work with!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2017

Amazing view indoors and outdoors, flexible food and beverage packages, budget friendly, and such an accommodating staff! I was just married there a few weeks ago and it was the easiest choice I made in my wedding planning!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Lesner Inn's reply:

Elizabeth, you and your family were so great to work with! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing a couple who remembers the purpose of marriage! You & Kyle remind us how important it is to marry your best friend! We wish you the best, and we can't wait to see what the future holds for you two!

I worked with Cayleen and Brittany at first. Brittany was ultimately my immediate contact. BOTH ladies were very professional, responsive and answered EVERY single question in a timely manner. The Lesner was a WONDERFUL place for my 100 guest wedding! The view speaks for itself so I didn't need a ton of décor for the ceremony. We rented to entire venue which was TOTALLY worth it and I would recommend that to anyone renting the club. The catering staff worked really hard and the food was great! My guests raved about the mashed potato bar and they didn't have to go searching for a waiter for hors d'oeuvres - which was extremely important to me. My only suggestion to the owners are to have more access for handicap accessible guests - some type of ramp or even a guest elevator instead of the elevator that is there now. Thank You Brittany for being such a trooper!!!! You helped ease my mind and made my day SPECTACULAR!!!!

Sent on 07/04/2017
  • Y

Yebin · Married on 06/10/2017

We recently had our wedding at the Lesner Inn and for someone like me, who had absolutely no idea what she was doing, the Lesner was beautiful, accommodating, and a dream come true.

Our wedding was relatively small (40ish guests) and the lower Waterside Deck was perfect in size and atmosphere. Everyone had a wonderful time and they commented on how beautiful the venue was. I had no idea what I was doing, or what I even wanted, but Cayleen was amazing and she answered all my questions, gave me suggestions, and was always quick with her email replies. When we wanted to make changes to the food, she was perfectly accommodating and receptive to all our requests.

The day-of was crazy hectic, but everything went so smoothly I didn't have to worry about a thing. Things were set up exactly as we discussed, the food came out exactly when it was supposed to (and tasted great!), and any last minute changes were immediately addressed.

Again, I had no idea what I was doing during the entire planning process and just how many details wedding-planning entailed, but the Lesner Inn made things so much easier. I only had 6 months to plan, and needless to say I was overwhelmed, clueless, and lost. Cayleen helped me make an uncertain, unfocused vision into a beautiful reality. It was more perfect than I could have ever imagined.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Lesner Inn's reply:

Yebin, thank you so much for your kind review! It is brides like you that make our job so enjoyable! It was such a pleasure helping you plan & manage your big day, and I'm so glad that it was everything you had hoped it would be! Can't wait to see the rest of the photos from Daissy!!!
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 06/09/2017

We were recently married at the Lesner Inn and couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue! I planned our wedding from across the country, and Alexis was beyond helpful with all of my questions. We had viewed the venue in person in October and fell in love with the view and the space on the second floor. We had a vision which was out of the ordinary for the Lesner where we wanted to have everything except for dinner, take place on the deck. Alexis was able to get this pulled off beyond our expectations. Our guests loved being able to be outside all night, dancing, or just taking in the beautiful scenery. The food was so delicious, and the staff was very friendly! We couldn't be happier with choosing the Lesner as our venue!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Lesner Inn's reply:

Jill, thank you SO much for your kind words. Regardless of the distance, you were such a great client to work with and I enjoyed every minute of it. I especially loved how confident you were in all of your decisions and how you introduced the dance floor on our Sunset Deck (I've been recommending it ever since!). Congratulations again on your marriage, and I wish you all of the health & happiness in the world!

Kayleigh · Married on 04/29/2017

The Lesner Inn is a gorgeous venue right on the water with the most amazing staff to help you through all the planning. I had the pleasure of working with Alexis, Brittany, and Cayleen and there were so helpful and answered all of my many questions. The food was amazing and the party was perfect, all thanks to them. Highly recommend the Lesner Inn, I would definitely use them again.

Sent on 05/06/2017

Lesner Inn's reply:

Kayleigh, thank you so much for your kind words! We had such a great time getting to know you all and acting as your day-of-coordinators for your wedding. We hope these first few months as husband and wife have been nothing short of a dream (and we hope every month to follow is the same!).
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 03/11/2017

Brittany and Lesner Inn could not have made our wedding more perfect! From our very first visit, Brittany listened to every little thing we mentioned and commented, and made suggestions that were just perfect for us. Every email was answered promptly, and every meeting was well prepared for and ran smoothly. My fiancee, parents, and myself enjoyed each interaction we had with her. The day of our wedding, Brittany worked flawlessly with our day of coordinator and other vendors and things could not have run better. She even remembered how excited my mum was for the coconut shrimp and made sure that a plate of them was always nearby for her. She also made sure that my fiancee and I had food and drinks nearby all night, and helped keep everything right on schedule. Looking back, I would not change a single thing.

The venue itself was perfect for what we wanted. We chose the downstairs, Waterside Deck, for both our ceremony and reception. Even with nearly 100 people in attendance and having to flip the ceremony space to the dance floor, at no point did it feel claustrophobic, which has been a secret worry of mine. The lighting in that space, even after sunset, is perfect for a party atmosphere without being too dark. There was a party upstairs as well, but unless you left our space and went over to the main hall, you'd never know. The music didn't bleed through at all. One of the great features of being downstairs is that the water is right outside the windows, and a lot of guests commented on how much they like it because it felt like you were on a boat without all the messy seasickness.

We had done a tasting before the event and liked the food okay, but the night of the wedding the food was even better!!! Their kitchen staff handled it amazingly, everything was delicious, and nothing ran out of our buffet. The staff was awesome as well, especially the bartenders that kept everything moving. We would not have changed a thing, and our guests had a wonderful time!

Sent on 04/09/2017