Leslie Swan Photography Reviews

59 | Portland, ME

59 Reviews for Leslie Swan Photography

• Leigh

Leigh Morrison · Getting married on 07/08/2021

The most talented photographer and sweetest person ever!

Leslie is amazing! Her style, attention to detail, cheerful attitude and overall sweetness made our experience perfect. And the photos are incredible - everyone, even the pickiest of guests, is thrilled with her shots. They are stunning! She handled everything with grace and was exactly the type of person you want nearby on your wedding day: calm, thoughtful, sweet. She was on the go non-stop and didn't miss a moment. Our only regret: we wish we booked her for the whole weekend with family, not just the big day. We'll absolutely recommend her to friends and think of her for other life moments. Don't hesitate to book her!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Julie Lalonde · Married on 06/20/2020

Excellent!!!

I only have positive things to saw about Leslie. She is laid back, professional, and takes amazing photographs. We really appreciated her flexibility given our date and venue changed several times. We got both our engagement and wedding photos taken by her which were very amazing as well as affordable. She was prompt in providing previews and the digital gallery. She’s easy to work with, captures all the best moments, and is such a sweet person! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/28/2020

Leslie Swan Photography's reply:

Julie, I only have positive things to say about you and Mike! You two were a joy to work with, and I am honored to have captured such a special time of your lives. Thank you for your kind words- they mean so much.
  • Sarah

Sarah Parshall · Married on 12/21/2019

Incredible photographer

The choice to hire Leslie as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. We couldn't be happier with our photos. I'm truly amazed by the level of artistry in each photo. Furthermore, Leslie's documentary style of photography allows us to easily relive all the special moments of our day. Leslie is an incredible artist, professional, extremely kind and her joyful reassuring presence is definitely something you will want with you on your wedding day. Thank you Leslie! You are amazing!

Sent on 03/18/2020

Grace · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazingly talented, professional, and passionate wedding photographer

Leslie was an absolutely wonderful wedding photographer and she was a huge help with making sure the day ran smoothly. She was professional, organized, and great about communication. She wanted to make sure she knew exactly what we wanted from our day and even took the time to get to know us as a couple prior to the wedding to make sure she captured the most important aspects of our big day. It was so easy and comfortable working with Leslie that it felt like hanging out with a personal friend who truly enjoys what she does and wants to make it perfect for you. Our photos came out so wonderfully and her style was exactly what we wanted, I've even had multiple wedding guests ask me for her contact information for their own upcoming weddings.

Sent on 11/29/2019

Cully · Married on 08/17/2019

Calm & personalized, with beautiful results.

Leslie was the perfect photographer for us. She really listened to our needs and what we wanted from the experience, and totally delivered. I loved that she was a calming presence during the day, and that she was so aware of the timeline and dynamics. She really kept things mellow and easy. And thank god for these photos - I can barely remember a thing from my wedding day, so I'm so happy to have these beautiful photos!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Mike Witham · Married on 08/04/2019

Nobody Better

Hiring Leslie was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning. We were looking for a photographer that would capture our day with an editorial eye. The ceremony took place at my family’s 200 year old farmhouse, and it was important to me that the essence of the house and love that my family had for the property shined through. Leslie was so respectful and thoughtful throughout the day - I told her very little about the photos I wanted. I said, “do your thing” and she somehow was able to capture everything I loved about the house and the day. She captured so many candid moments I didn’t see in a way that showed the wonderful qualities of my beloved family and friends. My family and I look at my photos all the time, and Leslie is often brought up with such fondness. I was so fortunate to have found Leslie - unbelievably talented, kind and utterly badass. Hire her and never look back.

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Dallas

Dallas Hutchinson · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Photographer Ever!

We were lucky enough to book Leslie as our photographer for our wedding in July. We had a very small, intimate wedding with just our parents in Acadia National Park near Bar Harbor, Maine. I don't think it would have been possible for any other photographer to capture this special day as well as she did. We'd spoken prior to the wedding about the style of pictures we were looking for and she did delivered that and some! We received so many compliments on how well the pictures turned out. We had many people comment that they looked like they were something out of a magazine, and I attribute all of the to her skills and style of photography. Not only are her pictures amazing, but she was also wonderful to work with. She is a very kind and enthusiastic individual, who has a genuine desire to get to know her clients and deliver top notch work. We enjoyed working with her and would highly recommend using her to capture all of your special moments.

Sent on 08/28/2019

Abbey · Married on 06/01/2019

The most surreal photos of my life

Leslie is pure magic. Her photos give me chills, every single one. She sees people and places differently than most run of the mill wedding photographers - she is truly an artist. Her photos are moody in all the right ways and really encapsulate the people in the photo but also the magic of the setting. I can't say enough good things about her approach to our wedding day and how diligent she was throughout the whole process. She was able to wrangle 40+ people for a group photo and that takes serious skill. She is so lovely to work with and beautiful inside and out. She did our engagement photos as well as our wedding. Thank you Leslie for capturing all the best moments of our wedding day!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Leslie Swan Photography's reply:

Abbey, you are one of the most amazing brides I have worked with and I am so honored by your words. Thank you for truly trusting me and giving me the great joy of capturing your day. I love you two and wish you all the best!

Rachel Charow · Married on 06/01/2019

Lovely to work with!

We absolutely loved working with Leslie! We originally picked her because we liked her photography style, and we're so happy we did because in addition to the gorgeous photos she took, she went above and beyond to make our day smooth and perfect. She is incredibly professional, punctual, and had our photos ready when promised. In general she is a lovely human.

We had never had professional photos taken and therefore we were a little nervous and didn't really know what to expect. Leslie guided us through our portraits while still letting us choose how and where we wanted them and made us feel at ease. At our reception she was inconspicuous and we were amazed at all the different shots and angles she got; she was all over the place! At the same time she was very attentive and clearly wanted to make sure that we got all the specific photos that we wanted. We would love to work with her again and definitely recommend her to others!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Joanna

Joanna Davis · Married on 05/26/2019

Leslie Swan is an amazing photographer and an amazing person

If you're thinking about whether or not to hire Leslie to photograph your wedding, think no further.
    Leslie exceeded every one of our expectations. She made the trip from Maine to Brooklyn to do our engagement shoot, and we loved her as soon as we met her. She took a genuine interest in us as a couple, and made sure our shots were true to us, and that we were as comfortable as possible in front of the camera. The whole session felt like hanging out with friends.

On our wedding day, she was incredible. She basically floated around our 200 person wedding, capturing the subtle details and candid moments. We received hundreds of photos that are frame-worthy. Even for a big wedding like ours, she somehow got it all.

The whole wedding industry can feel so canned and prescriptive, but Leslie is the opposite of all of that. She is a genuinely good person who wants to help you capture your day as you felt it. I would 100% recommend Leslie to anyone looking for a photographer who feels like someone you would invite to your wedding!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Joanna,

You are so kind, and were such an amazing bride. You truly were present and full of joy on the day, and it was beautiful witness. Thank you for choosing me to photograph part your exciting journey!

Wishing you and Udi years of love!
  • Emily

Emily Mcconnaughey · Married on 02/01/2019

Enchanting, magical photos we love

We are absolutely in love with the photos Leslie took at our wedding and receptions. She was so easy to work with and the results are truly magical! Thanks Leslie, we'll be recommending you to everyone!

Sent on 03/09/2019

L.p. · Married on 12/01/2018

Incredibly talented and delightful photographer.

Leslie was a delight to work with. She is very kind, genuine, and unobtrusive. Her style is photojournalist, and she beautifully captured the story of our wedding day. When looking at the gorgeous pictures Leslie took, we are transported back to our wedding day. We could not have asked for a better experience with Leslie, and we highly recommend her.

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Marie

Marie · Married on 11/10/2018

Winter Wedding

Leslie was absolutely amazing! From start to finish she made my husband and I very comfortable. The wedding day she was very efficient and was able to get our crazy, dysfunctional families to get together for pictures. All the pictures came out beautifully and I hope one day we can use her again. Hire her!!!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Allison

Allison Szczepanek · Married on 09/15/2018

Leslie is incredible!

Leslie was such a pleasure to work with! She took the time to meet with us before the wedding and get to know us. She was very quick to respond if I had any questions. You can tell immediately how passionate she is about her work and her pictures are proof. She captured our wedding day perfectly! Our pictures turned out absolutely stunning! We would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Kathleen · Married on 09/08/2018

We were introduced to Leslie a couple months before our engagement shoot, and from the beginning she was amazing to work with. So attentive and interested in our love story! Pricing was very reasonable, and she really delved into our story to understand us a little better. She is an extremely kind and generous person, and that comes through in her art -- she cares SO much about her photography and it truly shows. She wants to take the best quality photos of you that show your love. Our photos from our engagement shoot are gorgeous -- they are the best pictures of us that we have!! We would book Leslie for our wedding too if she were available! Her talent is unrivaled -- I am recommending her to all of our friends and family!

Sent on 10/04/2017
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/08/2018

Superlative in every way!

Leslie is an amazing photographer, you can tell just by checking out her website. However, Leslie is also an amazing person. She is friendly and helped us to feel comfortable in front of the camera, even though I was very anxious about the prospect of being the center of attention. She spent a good long time on the phone with me to make sure that she was a good fit for our needs before we signed a contract which I very much appreciated. She was so very easy to work with -- we met her for engagement photos (I definitely recommend them -- they're stunning and she produced so many more photos than we expected) and liked her right away. She is incredibly professional and got shots that must have had her standing very near to us but we never felt intruded upon. She checked in with us during the day to make sure she caught the special moments but also did her thing, preserving joyful moments without overly staging the process. We also received our pictures back from her in a very timely manner. Her prices are fantastic for the quality of images -- grab her available dates now while she's still a steal!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Aimee Mahler · Married on 08/25/2018

Leslie is a wonderful photographer!

My husband and I had the best experience with Leslie. She was incredibly responsive and attentive from day one, including our wedding day. We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer. Leslie provides a modern, intimate aesthetic and made us feel so comfortable. She’s the best!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Benjamin · Married on 07/27/2018

We had a very unconventional wedding (secret elopement in Maine). Leslie's energy and creativity provided us with the most beautiful pictures that we could ever dream of and we'll treasure them forever. Even though we didn't do traditional wedding stuff, she captured the spirit of our day perfectly. She was energetic, fun, spontaneous and so obviously creative. Leslie was able to show up at locations she had never worked in before and find just the right light and location for spectacular photos. Booking her was the most important part of our wedding and was the best decision that we made. The images we received from her surpassed our expectations.

Sent on 08/11/2018

Emmy · Married on 07/21/2018

Leslie was a joy to work with from start to finish. From the engagement photo session to planning to the wedding day, Leslie made everything easy, seamless and stress-free. On our wedding day, we were unexpectedly met with a giant downpour, but she made the most of the crummy weather and returned incredibly gorgeous photos to us. Not only that, but she blew her own timeline for returning our photos out of the water, and we got them back in less than half the time anticipated. I could not be more happy with either the quality of the photos or with Leslie's service.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Abby · Married on 06/30/2018

Leslie was an absolute joy to work with. It was such a pleasure to get to know her, and all of our friends and family were amazed by her work ethic and dedication at our wedding. She was there for every single moment, capturing the joy, laughter and happiness on our faces. She is professional; she has an incredible vision for each individual couple; and every single photo she sends is a piece of artwork. I would recommend her to anyone and am so glad she was able to capture our wedding day.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Claire · Married on 06/09/2018

Leslie was an absolutely delight to work with. She completely understood our vision for our wedding and captured it beautifully. During the wedding, she was both unobtrusive and everywhere at the same time. She captured all the important moments that I hoped she would, but didn't impose on anyone. My husband did not want to hire a photographer at all for our wedding, but he loved working with Leslie because she was easy going, fast and made us feel very comfortable. Leslie is talented, kind, flexible and fun. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for authentic photography.

Sent on 07/26/2018

Caryn Beth · Married on 05/27/2018

Leslie Swan is an absolute GEM! She is a consummate professional, a lovely individual and a talented artist. From the moment we began working with Leslie, we knew she was the right choice. She always made herself available to answer any questions we had - in a timely and thorough manner - and she made sure to meet with us in person so that she made sure she had every detail down so that she could execute our photographic vision. Leslie's photos are stunning, creative, and make us feel like we are reliving our entire wedding day. We are beyond grateful to have found Leslie, and we would recommend her to anyone wanting a high quality product at an affordable price.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Leslie Swan Photography's reply:

Wow, thank you so much Caryn. You were so great at communicating your needs, and it was beautiful to witness your union. Thank you for including me on your journey!

Maya · Married on 04/22/2018

Leslie was a pleasure to work with from booking her to getting our photos. It felt like a leap to book a photographer from outside our area, but Leslie came with outstanding references, a very reasonable price list relative to our wedding-crazy area in Central Virginia, and went out of her way to meet with us in person before our wedding. On the day of our wedding, Leslie was an unobtrusive, kind presence every minute of the time she was present at our wedding. She even made me laugh when I was super stressed about getting ready in time. Leslie went out of her way to get the best shot, whether that meant sprinting from one end of the venue to the other or moving a stump to stand on for the best angle; she was truly a ninja in an elegant pantsuit. For our portraits, she just encouraged us to be ourselves and made the process very easy. We are so pleased with how all our pictures look. We had a pretty unusual interfaith ceremony and Leslie was very alert to all the important moments and captured them beautifully.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Holly · Married on 04/07/2018

Leslie was great and super easy to work with. We had Leslie take our engagement shots about a year before our wedding and were very pleased with the quality of work Leslie provided. We decided at that point to also book her services for our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding over a year later. Leslie is incredibly flexible when it comes to travel and has a knack for capturing candid moments during your event. We plan on continuing to use Leslie moving forward for any additional photography work for our family.

Sent on 05/20/2018

Christiana · Married on 03/24/2018

We absolutely loved having Leslie as part of our big day! We had a Medium sized wedding at a rustic barn venue on a cloudy day in March.

1. She jumped into action within minutes of arriving at our venue.
    2. She came prepared with a stool that she whipped out of her back pack when she needed to stand a bit taller.
    3. She listened intently when we met prior to our wedding as well as during the event. She responded well to my flustered requests in the moment (bride brain)
    4. She was/is friendly and fit right in with our group.
    5. I swear she was in multiple places at once. She moved so quickly to capture every little moment that I would see her on one side of the room, turn away, and she would already be on the other side.

We struggled when it came to picking a photographer because it was the most important thing for us. We were not disappointed with Leslie! She met all of our expectations and more. We are thrilled to have the photos to look back on for years to come and we would most definitely recommend Leslie to anyone!

Sent on 04/20/2018