Leslie Swan Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Gretta
    Gretta H. Married on 11/06/2021

No one better than Leslie

Leslie is outstanding to work with. I am beyond lucky to have worked with her and I can't wait for the next time we see her again! The ability Leslie has to capture the moment and emotions in her photographs is truly breathtaking. She made my husband and I feel so special on our wedding day. She is a great listener and can work with a crowd naturally. Her photos are warm, romantic and she understands angles like no one else. She's wildly talented and an amazing person, I can't recommend her enough.
  • Margaux
    Margaux L. Married on 10/02/2021

We Love Leslie!

(Leslie shot our lakeside wedding in Maine last October.) From the first meeting where we discussed our vision, Leslie worked with a brilliant combination of sincerity and professionalism that gave us the utmost confidence that she was the right person for us. She is easy to talk to, highly experienced, and has exceptional attention to detail. These traits made the planning process very simple, yielding a detailed plan for the day and what our top priority pictures were. When Leslie arrived on the wedding day, her presence felt very natural, which was especially important to us as we had a small (
    Evan Married on 08/07/2021

Leslie is the BEST!

If you're looking for a wedding photographer in the Northeast, look no further – book Leslie now! She captured a friend's wedding so beautifully that we knew we had a hunch we should hire her, too. And we're so glad we did. She's based in Maine, but was very flexible in traveling to Vermont for our wedding. In the long lead up to our wedding (18 months), she was proactive in reaching out for details at the right time and responsive to our questions. From the start, she assessed our style + what was in and out of our comfort zone, and she respected that on the day over a year later. In our prep conversations, she took notes, really showed how much she cared about our big day, and was extremely flexible in her schedule and flow to match the lineup of our wedding day. At the end of the day, we are left with an amazing collection of photos that truly blow our mind – she captured the big moments and the little ones, including the capture of a last-minute surprise that she didn't know about until just a few minutes before. All told, Leslie is caring, professional, reliable, flexible, and OH – an amazing photographer. We looked at other photographers, but don't waste your time with other options. You'll be so happy if you book Leslie!

Leslie Swan Photography's reply:

Evan, thank you for this thoughtful and comprehensive review. You have presented my work behind the scenes to the wedding day in such a beautiful light, and I am honored. Working with you and Nicole was an absolute joy!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca M. Married on 07/17/2021

Leslie was amazing!!!

Leslie was absolutely a dream to work with throughout the entire process. We met with her for a few engagement photos a few months ahead of the wedding. Working with her was completely natural- neither of us is particularly comfortable in front of a camera, but Leslie helped us feel completely at ease. During the wedding, she seemed to be everywhere at once! Many of my guests remarked that she was almost a mind-reader, showing up exactly at the right moment to capture the joy of the evening. The photos are absolutely beautiful, and looking through them I felt all the same emotions from the day itself. Thank you Leslie!!!
  • Leigh
    Leigh M. Married on 07/08/2021

The most talented photographer and sweetest person ever!

Leslie is amazing! Her style, attention to detail, cheerful attitude and overall sweetness made our experience perfect. And the photos are incredible - everyone, even the pickiest of guests, is thrilled with her shots. They are stunning! She handled everything with grace and was exactly the type of person you want nearby on your wedding day: calm, thoughtful, sweet. She was on the go non-stop and didn't miss a moment. Our only regret: we wish we booked her for the whole weekend with family, not just the big day. We'll absolutely recommend her to friends and think of her for other life moments. Don't hesitate to book her!
  • Daisy
    Daisy L. Married on 06/19/2021

Energetic, Fun, Creative

My Fiancé and I hired Leslie for both engagement photos and our wedding. We had such a fun time taking engagement photos with Leslie - she is so energetic and fun and creative. We love how the photos turned out. Unfortunately, due to COVID, we had to rework our wedding and won't be able to use Leslie but she was extremely gracious as we negotiated cancelling the contract. I would recommend her to anyone getting married in New England who wants natural, beautiful, emotion-evoking photos.
  • AnneMarie
    Annemarie D. Married on 06/11/2021

Absolutely amazing! Could not be happier.

My husband and I are so unbelievably happy with our wedding pictures from Leslie! She is so incredibly talented, and she was able to capture our wedding day so beautifully. She has the kindest demeanor and was so easy to work with. My husband and I are not exactly the most comfortable around a camera and she made us feel so at ease and relaxed. She was there for every little moment and captured the ceremony and reception so exquisitely. She kept my large wedding party and family on track the day of and still maintained a professional and kind demeanor. We received our photos very promptly and I know she's busy this season!

We are so happy we chose Leslie and would recommend her to anyone and everyone! If I could give her 100 stars, I would :)
  • Kyle
    Kyle D. Married on 01/16/2021

Like working with a close and trusted friend

Saying that Leslie is a phenomenal photographer somehow doesn't seem to describe just how talented she is.

Leslie's photography manages to capture the magic and feeling of our wedding. She uses warm colors and creative framing that incorporates the landscape around us into the wedding, which was so important for us, given that we chose our wedding location based on the beautiful backdrop that it provided for us. Her photos are style are unique- she avoids the cliches that dominate so much of modern wedding photography. She gave us an album of photos that feel truly special, as if there are no others like it in the world.

We were so thrilled to work with Leslie through the whole process of getting married. She cut through the stress and brought my wife back to a place of fun and joy. It was like working with a close friend through the entire process.

I cannot say enough good things about Leslie and her work. She should absolutely and without a doubt be at the top of anyone's list for a photography for their own special occasions, and should my wife and I ever need another photographer for future special days, she will be the first person that we will reach out to. I hope that you reach out to her, too!
  • Joanna
    Joanna F. Married on 10/31/2020

Fantastic and fun

Leslie did such an amazing job at capturing our special day in a way that represented who we are as a couple. She works so hard and the results are truly incredible. Breathtaking photos !!!!! Highly recommend her, a very professional photographer and fun person to be around.
  • Jessica
    Jessica L. Married on 10/17/2020

Simply Amazing

Leslie is truly an amazing and gifted photographer! We had the pleasure of working with Leslie for our engagement shoot and our wedding day. She made us feel comfortable from the start and her photos perfectly captured our love for each other and how special our day really was. There were so many wedding plans that did not go as expected in 2020, but I knew after the first conversation I had with Leslie that she had to be apart of it. If you are looking for photos that you and your family will cherish forever, look no further, Leslie is your girl!
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 06/20/2020

Amazinnggg

Leslie was absolutely amazing! My husband works in the film industry so he was really picky about photographers. Leslie exceeded all our expectations. She was so passionate about the work she does that it made me really comfortable. She was great at wrangling my family in for the family photos (kodos Leslie). Highly recommend Leslie.
    Julie L. Married on 06/20/2020

Excellent!!!

I only have positive things to saw about Leslie. She is laid back, professional, and takes amazing photographs. We really appreciated her flexibility given our date and venue changed several times. We got both our engagement and wedding photos taken by her which were very amazing as well as affordable. She was prompt in providing previews and the digital gallery. She’s easy to work with, captures all the best moments, and is such a sweet person! I would recommend her to anyone!

Leslie Swan Photography's reply:

Julie, I only have positive things to say about you and Mike! You two were a joy to work with, and I am honored to have captured such a special time of your lives. Thank you for your kind words- they mean so much.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 03/10/2020

Leslie is amazing!!!

Leslie was such a phenomenal part of our mini-wedding experience that we want her to come back in 2 years for our larger reception! She was so flexible during our months of date changes with COVID and provided us such meaningful photojournalistic pictures that have allowed us to re-live the emotions! Her photos are truly pieces of art, and we are so lucky to have found her. I would (and have) recommended her to my friends, and sincerely hope you consider using her for your special event. You will not regret it!
  • Sarah
    Sarah P. Married on 12/21/2019

Incredible photographer

The choice to hire Leslie as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. We couldn't be happier with our photos. I'm truly amazed by the level of artistry in each photo. Furthermore, Leslie's documentary style of photography allows us to easily relive all the special moments of our day. Leslie is an incredible artist, professional, extremely kind and her joyful reassuring presence is definitely something you will want with you on your wedding day. Thank you Leslie! You are amazing!
    Philip S. Married on 10/26/2019

We Can't Imagine our Wedding without Such an Incredible Photographer and Person

After extensive searching through countless photographer portfolios, we found Leslie and could not have been more fortunate or grateful. Leslie is an extraordinary person and photographer -- she has an incredible photographic eye and her journalistic style is amazing. There are many "generic" photographers out there who can take classic staged or posed photos, and Leslie is certainly capable of taking those photos (and happy to do so). But if you want a photographer who is at the next level and always observing and seeking out the special moments among people and in your surroundings, Leslie will capture these and make truly special photos you will cherish forever.

We were very lucky that Leslie temporarily lived in the D.C. area when we were engaged, and that she moved back to Maine, where we ultimately had our wedding. Leslie got to know us and suggested great locations in D.C. for engagement photos that perfectly matched our ideas, and was unphased in 17-degree temperatures on an early February morning to capture a lot of fun moments in both urban and nature settings. For our wedding ceremony and reception at French's Point, she again took time to learn our priorities, settings, and ideas for photos and even went to French's Point before our wedding weekend to scout potential photo locations on the massive property, including which locations would be best at different times of day. She was incredible every minute of the very long day, making everyone feel comfortable, ensuring everyone had fun, and constantly adapting to changing wind, weather, and sun on a late-October day on the Maine coast.

We 100% recommend Leslie and hope that we can work with her again someday. She is amazing!
    Grace Married on 09/07/2019

Amazingly talented, professional, and passionate wedding photographer

Leslie was an absolutely wonderful wedding photographer and she was a huge help with making sure the day ran smoothly. She was professional, organized, and great about communication. She wanted to make sure she knew exactly what we wanted from our day and even took the time to get to know us as a couple prior to the wedding to make sure she captured the most important aspects of our big day. It was so easy and comfortable working with Leslie that it felt like hanging out with a personal friend who truly enjoys what she does and wants to make it perfect for you. Our photos came out so wonderfully and her style was exactly what we wanted, I've even had multiple wedding guests ask me for her contact information for their own upcoming weddings.
    Cully Married on 08/17/2019

Calm & personalized, with beautiful results.

Leslie was the perfect photographer for us. She really listened to our needs and what we wanted from the experience, and totally delivered. I loved that she was a calming presence during the day, and that she was so aware of the timeline and dynamics. She really kept things mellow and easy. And thank god for these photos - I can barely remember a thing from my wedding day, so I'm so happy to have these beautiful photos!
    Mike W. Married on 08/04/2019

Nobody Better

Hiring Leslie was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning. We were looking for a photographer that would capture our day with an editorial eye. The ceremony took place at my family’s 200 year old farmhouse, and it was important to me that the essence of the house and love that my family had for the property shined through. Leslie was so respectful and thoughtful throughout the day - I told her very little about the photos I wanted. I said, “do your thing” and she somehow was able to capture everything I loved about the house and the day. She captured so many candid moments I didn’t see in a way that showed the wonderful qualities of my beloved family and friends. My family and I look at my photos all the time, and Leslie is often brought up with such fondness. I was so fortunate to have found Leslie - unbelievably talented, kind and utterly badass. Hire her and never look back.
  • Dallas
    Dallas H. Married on 07/20/2019

Best Photographer Ever!

We were lucky enough to book Leslie as our photographer for our wedding in July. We had a very small, intimate wedding with just our parents in Acadia National Park near Bar Harbor, Maine. I don't think it would have been possible for any other photographer to capture this special day as well as she did. We'd spoken prior to the wedding about the style of pictures we were looking for and she did delivered that and some! We received so many compliments on how well the pictures turned out. We had many people comment that they looked like they were something out of a magazine, and I attribute all of the to her skills and style of photography. Not only are her pictures amazing, but she was also wonderful to work with. She is a very kind and enthusiastic individual, who has a genuine desire to get to know her clients and deliver top notch work. We enjoyed working with her and would highly recommend using her to capture all of your special moments.
    Abbey Married on 06/01/2019

The most surreal photos of my life

Leslie is pure magic. Her photos give me chills, every single one. She sees people and places differently than most run of the mill wedding photographers - she is truly an artist. Her photos are moody in all the right ways and really encapsulate the people in the photo but also the magic of the setting. I can't say enough good things about her approach to our wedding day and how diligent she was throughout the whole process. She was able to wrangle 40+ people for a group photo and that takes serious skill. She is so lovely to work with and beautiful inside and out. She did our engagement photos as well as our wedding. Thank you Leslie for capturing all the best moments of our wedding day!

Leslie Swan Photography's reply:

Abbey, you are one of the most amazing brides I have worked with and I am so honored by your words. Thank you for truly trusting me and giving me the great joy of capturing your day. I love you two and wish you all the best!
    Rachel C. Married on 06/01/2019

Lovely to work with!

We absolutely loved working with Leslie! We originally picked her because we liked her photography style, and we're so happy we did because in addition to the gorgeous photos she took, she went above and beyond to make our day smooth and perfect. She is incredibly professional, punctual, and had our photos ready when promised. In general she is a lovely human.

We had never had professional photos taken and therefore we were a little nervous and didn't really know what to expect. Leslie guided us through our portraits while still letting us choose how and where we wanted them and made us feel at ease. At our reception she was inconspicuous and we were amazed at all the different shots and angles she got; she was all over the place! At the same time she was very attentive and clearly wanted to make sure that we got all the specific photos that we wanted. We would love to work with her again and definitely recommend her to others!
  • Joanna
    Joanna D. Married on 05/26/2019

Leslie Swan is an amazing photographer and an amazing person

If you're thinking about whether or not to hire Leslie to photograph your wedding, think no further.
    Leslie exceeded every one of our expectations. She made the trip from Maine to Brooklyn to do our engagement shoot, and we loved her as soon as we met her. She took a genuine interest in us as a couple, and made sure our shots were true to us, and that we were as comfortable as possible in front of the camera. The whole session felt like hanging out with friends.

On our wedding day, she was incredible. She basically floated around our 200 person wedding, capturing the subtle details and candid moments. We received hundreds of photos that are frame-worthy. Even for a big wedding like ours, she somehow got it all.

The whole wedding industry can feel so canned and prescriptive, but Leslie is the opposite of all of that. She is a genuinely good person who wants to help you capture your day as you felt it. I would 100% recommend Leslie to anyone looking for a photographer who feels like someone you would invite to your wedding!

Joanna,

You are so kind, and were such an amazing bride. You truly were present and full of joy on the day, and it was beautiful witness. Thank you for choosing me to photograph part your exciting journey!

Wishing you and Udi years of love!
  • Emily
    Emily M. Married on 02/01/2019

Enchanting, magical photos we love

We are absolutely in love with the photos Leslie took at our wedding and receptions. She was so easy to work with and the results are truly magical! Thanks Leslie, we'll be recommending you to everyone!
    L.p. Married on 12/01/2018

Incredibly talented and delightful photographer.

Leslie was a delight to work with. She is very kind, genuine, and unobtrusive. Her style is photojournalist, and she beautifully captured the story of our wedding day. When looking at the gorgeous pictures Leslie took, we are transported back to our wedding day. We could not have asked for a better experience with Leslie, and we highly recommend her.
  • Marie
    Marie Married on 11/10/2018

Winter Wedding

Leslie was absolutely amazing! From start to finish she made my husband and I very comfortable. The wedding day she was very efficient and was able to get our crazy, dysfunctional families to get together for pictures. All the pictures came out beautifully and I hope one day we can use her again. Hire her!!!