Leah Miessler Photography Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Dan L. Getting married on 11/03/2023

Leah is a dream come true!

Leah was an absolute DREAM COME TRUE! I had been following Leah on instagram for MONTHS just dreaming of one day working with her. My now fiancé planned a surprise proposal at a lantern festival that included Leah camouflaging in a group of people pretending to just be another attendee. When my fiancé got down on one knee and asked me to do forever it was truly magic but what really made the night even more special was when I realized that Leah was there to capture the entire moment. My fiancé and I had never done a couples photoshoot before nor had we even been professionally photographed and as a same sex couple it was something we were both nervous about but Leah was a dream to work with! She made us feel so comfortable and beautiful and magical and was just the sweetest person to ever be around. The photos she captured were STUNNNIG and something we'll treasure for the rest of our lives. We hired her as our photographer but I truly consider her my new friend. 10/10 would recommend in a heartbeat and I cannot wait to have her capture our special day!!
    Emily Getting married on 01/04/2023

Excellent!

We found Leah’s portfolio online and were immediately interested. Her talent for picking optimal lighting situations to capture intimate moments was readily apparent, and her flexibility with our desire to stage photo shoots in two separate locations for our engagement photos was enough for us to book her. We did our first shoot at our home with our dogs and Leah did a fantastic job guiding us through shots and poses. We have zero photo skills but she was able to make us look great. Leah jumped at the opportunity to explore a location she had never shot before based on our enthusiasm for a natural setting and was brave enough to traverse difficult terrain to get us some amazing pictures. She went above and beyond and her fun and easy going personality made the experience a blast! We can’t wait for Leah to capture our wedding!
    Julie W. Getting married on 12/04/2022

Hiring Leah was the best decision for our wedding

Leah is amazing. Her photography is gorgeous, and she brings such a fun, light hearted atmosphere to photo sessions. I have never been comfortable in front of a camera, but Leah brought this relaxed environment. There were no static, super posed photos, just my fiancé and I, being our normal goofy selves. Leah's photos showed our personality, and reflected who we are as a couple. On top of her amazing photography skills, her turn around time is so quick! We had a handful of beautiful photos within 48 hours. She is talented, professional, and I 100% recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer.
  • Tyler
    Tyler M. Getting married on 10/09/2022

Fantastic!

Leah was incredible! We loved working with her and she made the experience a ton of fun. She did a great job with the photos and had some ready for us that same day! I would highly recommend Leah to anyone. I have nothing but great things to say about the experience and working with Leah.
    Harley B. Getting married on 10/08/2022

Love our photos!!!

Leah is SO FUN! My fiancé and I were looking for natural photos that were full of movement, spontaneity, and authenticity — Leah delivered on all fronts!!! Working with her has been a blast and we LOVE our engagement photos. Leah truly helped us be ourselves in front of the camera and created photos that look and feel like us. Leah’s creativity and artistic talent shine through every photo she takes, and she was willing to entertain our ideas and think outside the box to capture the perfect moment. Leah is the photographer for our wedding day as well and I have no doubt we will be even more in love with those photos! Cannot say enough about Leah and her commitment to her clients!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda S. Getting married on 07/16/2022

Hiring Leah is one of the best decisions you can make

If you are searching for the best wedding/engagement photographer in the game, look no further - it's Leah! Leah took our engagement pictures in Charlotte in late 2021, and to say we were ecstatic with the results and overall experience is an understatement. We were a little nervous going into the engagement shoot, but Leah made us feel so comfortable and completely calmed any nerves we had. She truly goes the extra mile to create a safe, comfortable and fun atmosphere. We ended up having the time of our lives shooting with her! She even helped me out with picking outfits for the photos. I don't know how she does it, but she perfectly captured the love my future husband and I share. We will treasure the photos Leah took of us for the rest of our lives. Leah is passionate, professional, fun, and a truly amazing human being. My only regret is not hiring her for our wedding day. The bottom line is, she is the BEST!
  • Meg
    Meg R. Married on 06/11/2022

If you are lucky enough to be getting married on a weekend that she is available, RUN DON’T WALK!

Leah is everything you could ask for in a photographer - extremely talented + a trusted partner matched with a personality that will turn even the most camera shy in to their best and most relaxed selves. You can’t help but smile when Leah is behind the camera and I’m forever jealous of anyone who gets to work with her on their special day.

Leah was booked during my 2022 wedding date, so we hired her instead for a standalone engagement shoot in Charleston, SC. Leah was flexible with the travel (1000/10 recommend booking her for a travel shoot!) and adjusted quickly to the unfamiliar location. Our photos turned out incredible and primarily because they reflected who we really are as a couple. Now, I just want to shout her name from the mountain tops because the whole world needs Leah Miessler’s photos lining the walls in their home.

Like I said, if you have an opportunity to work with her - RUN, don’t walk!
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn P. Married on 06/09/2022

Pick Leah Miessler Photography!!

We absolutely loved everything about having Leah take our engagement photos! From her helping us find a place to take photos, and with how fast her turnaround time for photo delivery was, we were so impressed! We scheduled our date before the pandemic, but do to the lockdowns, we were forced to reschedule several times. Leah was so flexible with us! I also have to mention that we maintained social distancing during our photo shoot, but you could NEVER tell with the way the pictures came out. We are absolutely in love with the pictures, and will definitely be calling on Leah for our photo needs from now on!
    Valerie B. Married on 06/04/2022

11/10 for Leah!!

We hired Leah to do our engagement photos and then ultimately hired her for our upcoming wedding day! Leah is amazing at capturing personality in her photos and creating a comfortable and really fun setting during her shoots. We felt like she really got to know us as a couple and provided some general guidance beforehand (like what to wear and what to avoid!) that made our pictures turn out even better. We used our engagement photos to create our guest book and wedding website and can't wait for her to capture the big day!
  • Derek
    Derek H. Married on 05/21/2022

Phenomenal!

Leah Meissler was PHENOMENAL! We hired her for our engagement photos and as our wedding photographer. Leah is a seasoned photographer. She coordinated with us on all the standard “Engagement” & “Wedding” BUT went above and beyond to take shots that we hadn’t even thought of. Some of my favorite photos are those random ones where we had no idea what she was doing. As a photographer she is down to earth and personable. Our engagement and wedding was planned through the COVID-19 pandemic and even though a year and a half had passed by between our shoots, our experience was as if no time had passed at all. She made us feel relaxed during each shoot so we weren’t stiff and self-conscious. We were impressed with how quickly she could provide us teaser photos of the event. That allowed us to quickly order “Thank You” cards with a photo from the wedding. I know this isn’t typical, but our wedding didn’t include a wedding party, however we had quickly realized that a wedding party is helpful in calming your nerves and last minute stress before the big moment, Leah as our dedicated photographer went above and beyond and was that shoulder and the rock we needed while getting ready for our big moment. She absolutely didn’t have to do anything more than take photos, but she ended up providing so much more. I 100% would have passed out from the stress and the record high heat of the day if not for Leah distracting my brain and calming me down.

P.S. My absolute favorite shot of the entire wedding is a candid shot she took while I thought we were taking a break to let an elderly man pass by the glass enclosed hallway. As he passed by, he let out the loudest fart, which echoed through the small glass hallway corridor. Our reactions were priceless and she managed to catch them in a shot.
  • Melanie
    Melanie H. Married on 04/10/2022

Look no further!!

Leah is INCREDIBLE! I can't recommend her enough! She's extremely professional and accommodating. From the first introduction phone call to our engagement shoot, my fiancée and I felt so comfortable talking and engaging with Leah. She makes you forget you're posing for pictures which is a huge plus for anyone worried about being shy in front of the camera. She has such a wonderful and easy-going personality. There was never an awkward or dull moment. Not to mention, her talent speaks for itself, it's breathtaking! We've loved every photograph from our engagement shoot, they look so natural and full of love. We are overjoyed to be working with her and looking forward to the memories we'll have of our wedding day next year.
  • Nora
    Nora C. Married on 04/04/2022

Unbelievable!!

I couldn't have imagined feeling so relaxed and having so much fun during our engagement shoot with Leah. She was so professional, gave us great guidance, and had us laughing the entire time. Our pictures look so natural, are beautifully edited, and capture our personalities perfectly. She was our first call after booking our venue, because we knew she would capture our big day so wonderfully. She provided a huge sample of preview pics in less than a week, and the final package was also such a fast turn around. I cannot recommend Leah enough!!
  • Kara
    Kara N. Married on 11/06/2021

Hire this woman!

Leah is the most phenomenal photographer. When we initially reached out, she scheduled a phone call with us and we immediately knew we were in the right place. It is so clear how much passion and pure talent she has and I instantly felt connected to her. It was important for us to have our engagement and wedding photos to be snapshots of beautiful moments rather than traditional poses and that’s exactly what we got. My husband and I are not people who seek out the spotlight, by any means, but Leah made us both feel so comfortable and the shots she created are perfection. On top of that, she has such a quick turn around, even in the middle of wedding season, and sent our sneak peak within just a couple days. I truly cannot recommend her enough, she’s the coolest.
  • Brenna
    Brenna M. Married on 10/23/2021

Talented, Fun, Professional--Our Best Choice!!!

Leah was a JOY to work with. We are so thankful to have chosen her for our engagement (and wedding!) photos. She delivered us images in such a short turn around time for our engagement shoot. During the shoot, she made us feel so comfortable. I've never been a huge photo person, but I never felt that way when taking the photos and we had a BLAST. She has a wonderful and natural eye for the photos, editing, and getting a gorgeous background. Not to mention, she met us super early for a sunrise shoot and was so flexible to find a time that worked for us. Leah, thank you SO much for giving us these wonderful memories that we will cherish forever!
  • Gabriel
    Gabriel D. Married on 10/16/2021

Stop your search, drop your worries, roll with Leah as your photographer!

Where do I begin with Leah?

First, if her pictures don’t take your breath away and instantly sell you on her ability to photograph, don’t worry, her personality will.

We organized an initial consultation with Leah, and during the call, my wife and I felt like we were talking to a friend the whole time. Such an incredibly easy going, authentic, smart person. We were sold by her work before speaking to her, but invested in her confidently after the consultation.

From there, and incredible friendship was born. So professionally punctual, Leah delivered our engagement shoot photos almost immediately after our shoot it felt like lol. That’s how excited she was to get the teaser photos back to us. Flawlessly edited and all.

We booked her for another session before our wedding, to do some graduation pictures for my wife and I. We were so happy we had another life event to share with Leah so she could capture. We wish we could hire her as our personal every day photographer. That’s how much we love her and her work.

Wedding day came and went, as if our best friend was photographing our wedding, she fit in flawlessly with our family and friends to capture the most perfect pictures we’ve ever seen captured at a wedding.

We can’t wait for our next life event or just a random session with Leah to photograph.

Your search ends here, book the greatest photographer you’ll ever come across.
  • Daniel
    Daniel A. Married on 10/01/2021

101/100!!!

Where do we start?!?! Let us emphasize this.... Don't hesitate and just go with Leah for all your photography needs....

First, let's highlight how great of a person she is. She is sweet, kind, and REALLY cares about her clients. Everything about her is very genuine. We worked with her for both our Engagement shoot and our Wedding ceremony and she went the extra mile every time to make us feel comfortable and reminded us to have FUN! We personally can be pretty camera shy, but she made it feel so natural for us throughout both the engagement and wedding shoot. Please schedule a phone call with her and you will find out how great of a person she is with a quick 5 minute phone call!
    She was also very engaged during the wedding. Making sure we ate our food, we were emotionally feeling okay, and if we needed help setting anything up. She went above and beyond than just taking photos. She was an emotional support for both us during our special day.

Second, HER TALENT! Not only is she a great/genuine person, she is SO TALENTED!!! We were blown away for both our Engagement and Wedding photos. She knows exactly what angles to capture from, while considering every little detail from our posture, our hand placement, the background, etc. She really sets the mood within the photos with her excellent editing skills. The photos bring us back to the actual moment every time we view them.

Lastly, Leah's service and professionalism. She promises excellence and over delivers. She sent us extra photos than what was on our contract. She sent us over 50 teaser photos from our wedding 1 week later. She provided all of our engagement and wedding photos on time. Leah stayed connected with us from engagement shoot to the wedding day. Phone meeting with us for a pre-engagement and wedding shoot to ensure she knew exactly what we wanted. Lastly, she was very accommodating to our privacy requests as well. She cares for her clients and this is why her service is excellent.

Thank you, Leah for capturing our special day!
    Julie Married on 09/25/2021

Leah is the best wedding decision we made

Choosing Leah as our wedding photographer was probably the best decision we made when wedding planning. She’s great to work with, communicative, and creates such a relaxing atmosphere. 5 minutes in our first photo shoot and it felt like we’ve known her for years. She also has this remarkable ability to know when to be active and direct photos, and when to fade into the background and capture what’s happening around her. Go with Leah, you won’t regret it.
    Szymon N. Married on 09/18/2021

Leah - Wedding Photography Extraordinaire

After having an amazing engagement session with Leah, we decided to book her as our photographer for our big day! Leah went above and beyond, and even assisted with creating our day of timeline. Our ceremony venue was booked at our orginal desired time, and Leah helped us decide what other time option would be best for lighting, photos, and the overall flow of the wedding. She also found us a beautiful, yet still private, spot in town for our first look! When it came to our photos, she understood that we really wanted to capture pictures with our loved ones, but also snuck us a few lovely detail shots. I couldn't imagine having our wedding photos turn out as beautiful as they did without Leah as our photographer. She makes everyone so comfortable in front of the camera. Her patience, compassion, and style are also what really what make her such a great photographer for once in a lifetime moments. Thanks Leah!
    Alie F. Married on 09/17/2021

Best wedding photographer ever!

Leah was one of the best decisions we made in the planning process. She was responsive, passionate, creative, and personable. My husband and I don’t love being in front of the camera, but she always had ideas to make us laugh and act natural. Highly recommend!
  • I
    Ian E. Married on 08/27/2021

Professional Corky and Fun Photographer!

Can’t express how easy getting our elopement shoot set up with Leah was. She answered all of our questions and more. She was the absolute best the day of the shoot. She eased our nervousness with her corky attitude. Leah was very professional and would 10/10 work with her again. Got a ton of our photos back the same day! Couldn’t ask for a better situation.

Thank you for capturing our special moment!
    Rita Married on 08/22/2021

Leah is incredible

First things first, Leah is amazing. We hired her for our micro wedding in Shenandoah National Park in August, and would hire her again for any photography needs we ever have. Her "a la carte" micro wedding menu is amazing, and allows clients to specify exactly what they want for their day. She's also very responsive and happy to answer questions and help you build out your timeline to make sure you're getting what you want! We came down from NYC, so really appreciated Leah walking us through how long driving somewhere, etc. might take so we could account for it appropriately.

Leah is professional and courteous, and is also fantastic at calming nerves and somehow being everywhere at once. One day after the wedding, Leah sent me some first look photos, and had half our gallery done soon after. Leah loves her job, and it shows in the photos she takes. We wanted effortless and candid photos of our day, and we got so many photos that we will cherish forever.

I really can't recommend Leah enough - she's incredibly talented and just so much fun to hang out with!
    Brenna M. Married on 08/01/2021

Last minute elopement

Our experiences with Leah were nothing short of incredible. Not only is she a talented photographer in creating/capturing such romantic, ethereal and emotional moments, but she went above and beyond for us. We had her booked for our original large wedding, however after 2 unexpected family tragedies back to back we ended up planning a last minute elopement. And when I say last minute, I mean literally 48 hours. We reached out to Leah and she changed around her schedule to be there at the elopement and gave us the incredible gift of her photography skills. I cannot emphasize how much of a blessing both Leah and her photos were/are for us. Our wedding day wasn’t at all what we originally pictured, and lacked some very special people to us, but it was also a beautiful moment for my husband and me, and Leah captured every single emotion we felt. Leah is a gift and incredibly talented, and will capture your wedding in such an authentic and beautiful way. BOOK HER!!!
  • Coreen
    Coreen L. Married on 07/31/2021

Beyond anything we could have ever imagined

Let me begin by saying that Leah is the sweetest human being. She made our experience stress free and enjoyable. My husband and I are both shy infront of the camera, but she was able to guide us in EVERY single shot that was taken. We didn't have any expectations when it came to the ceremony photos, family shots, and couples shots, but Leah captured every emotion possible and we didn't even see her lurking with her camera! She even snapped the most beautiful photos of our wedding location! Leah was great when it came to guidance/support before and during our wedding day. She was very quick to answer texts/emails. It was supposed to rain on our wedding day and I messaged her the night before expressing my concern. Leah made me feel SO much better. She gave me all these great photo ideas we could do in the rain and reminded me that the most important thing is that my husband and I were getting married and that she would take care of making the photos look wonderful. She did exactly that! We received sneak peaks the day after our wedding and they were UNBELIEVABLE. They were everything we could have ever imagined and more and those were just the sneak peaks. When we received the full gallery, we were in disbelief. My husband and I were so emotional reliving our wedding day. I am continually impressed with Leah as an individual. Her professionalism, work ethic, relational capabilities, attitude, and commitment to her work shines through in her photography. HIRE HER! She is the best and easiest decision we made for our wedding day.
  • Katarina
    Katarina Married on 07/17/2021

Absolutely amazing

We reached out to Leah for an October 2020 wedding, and had to postpone our wedding to July 2021. From the informative phone consultation, to the amazing engagement photo shoot, to the beautiful day of wedding photos, Leah's photography skills and amazingly fun and friendly personality made my super nervous, Type A bride self know that I was in great hands. She walked me through the process and kept in contact with me even though we had to postpone the wedding 9 months due to COVID.

During the engagement and wedding shoots, Leah knew how to make my husband and me crazy comfortable and able to focus on the love and fun we feel with each other, which is a feat because we were all nerves and checklist-y the days leading up to the events.

All our wedding party and multiple guests commented on how great Leah and her sister were during the wedding and absolutely gushed about them when the photos were made available to us.

Leah was the very first vendor we reached out to and she was honestly the only vendor I absolutely had to have when we postponed our wedding! I have recommended her to every friend I know, and she is for sure my husband and my first call when we have any future events we want to memorialize.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea K. Married on 06/26/2021

Great Experience!

Leah has been an absolute joy to work with. From the start of the planning process she has been responsive and professional. During our engagement photo shoot she was fun to work with and made the entire experience so enjoyable. She got pictures back to us very quickly (even giving a teaser BEFORE the teaser gallery) and her work is incredible. We are so happy with Leah and highly recommend her!