Laurie Clarke Cakes Reviews

1 User photo

• Cat

Cat T. · Married on 08/01/2020

Sweet, sweet, sweet

Laurie was AMAZING, the desserts were a huge hit! They were all delicious, she calculates a perfect amount and was very open to our ideas and taste preferences. She was also very understanding about all of the changes that had to be made last minute due to COVID, If you need any desserts for any occasion, she’s PERFECT!!

Sent on 08/04/2020
  • Ally

Ally K. · Married on 09/07/2019

Delicious!!

Laurie made delicious cupcakes and cake for our wedding- all flavors were delicious, especially the cookies and cream and marionberry crumble! The display also looked beautiful and we had multiple people ask me where we got our cake. Laurie was also super responsive and helpful throughout the planning process- I’d definitely recommend.

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney J. · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful AND Delicious Cake

You should definitely make a tasting appointment with Laurie to sample some of her delicious cakes. I had so much trouble deciding what flavors we wanted to do for our cake, because they all tasted so good! We ended up going with a three tiered cake with a raspberry lemon vanilla buttermilk cake, with lemon curd, vanilla cream, and raspberry preserve for the first layer; an almond poppy seed cake with raspberry preserve and vanilla cream for the second; and, a marionberry crumble cake with cream cheese for the top layer of our cake. It was a complete hit! There was only a single slice leftover at the end of the night (which was lucky, because we were able to take it home and have it for breakfast the next day.). What I loved most about working with Laurie is that everything is customizable. For our cake design, I showed her a picture of a cake design I really liked, and she perfectly captured the design for our own cake. Her pricing is also really flexible as well, and she works with your budget to come up with dessert options that work best for you and your wallet. As an aside, she also has a very friendly and calming air to her, which is really nice when you're dealing with the stress and headaches of hiring so many different vendors at once. So yes, you should definitely give Laurie's cakes a try-- you and your guests will be so happy you did!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Lanna

Lanna · Married on 07/25/2019

Wedding cake Perfection!

Lorrie Clarke did a great job on our wedding cake. She exceeded all of our expectations, the flavors, the moistness, and the yummy extra cupcakes! The cascading edible roses on the wedding cake were exquisite and very realistic! She is a true professional, organized, and positive, helping you come up with ideas to fit your vision. Her pricing was reasonable and less than some others.

Sent on 08/25/2019

Amy H. · Married on 07/13/2019

This cake was amazing!

Laurie was so easy to work with and did a phenomenal job. I didn't believe the cake was ours when I first saw it because it was so pretty! And then it tasted so good! I got so many compliments for both flavors we went with - vanilla crumb with marionberries and chocolate with marionberry jam (a jam she custom sourced for us, because she's great). She did a great job with baking, was super accommodating with our requests, showed up on time, and decorated it beautifully. Highly highly recommend Laurie!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/18/2019

Delicious!

Laurie made the most delicious cake I have ever had for my wedding! We were able to do a tasting months before the wedding and we couldn't decide because all the flavors were so good. We ended up choosing a 4 tiered cake with vanilla cake with raspberry filling and vanilla cake with espresso filling. Both cakes were absolutely delicious and all my guests commented on cake. We were able to take the leftover cake home, which me and my bridal party finished eating the night of the wedding. We couldn't get enough! I would highly recommend Laurie Clarke Cakes!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Kim · Married on 07/15/2018

Can I just say this cake was AMAZING!! Very moist and delicious, none left to take home all the wedding guests ate it all

Sent on 08/22/2018

Meredith · Married on 09/19/2015

Laurie was fabulous! We were hoping to find someone who would take the images of dream cakes I had and morph it into one cake and she did just that! She was able to take the 3 images and basically read my mind in what I wanted. The gold fondant was perfect and the ombre ruffling on the bottom layer was just gorgeous. The gold "sequins" on the top were just what we needed to make our cake glitter! It felt so great to know that we were supporting a local business and a family company. Thanks so much Laurie!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Anna · Married on 09/05/2015

Laurie Clarke is amazing! She is easy to work with and very responsive. Her cakes are delicious and equally beautiful! She created the exact look i had imagined and i could not have asked for anything more. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Laurie was so nice! Met her for cake tasting/testing and fell in love with her and her cupcakes. OMG so delicious. We ended up doing a cupcake tower for the wedding with 4 different flavors and they were all soooo good and just beautiful!

Sent on 08/12/2015
  • I

Ilene · Married on 04/11/2015

What can I say about Laurie Clarke Cakes, but awesome! There are just not enough stars to rate her and her cakes! Laurie did my wedding cake (a small cutting cake) and a cake bomb tower for me. I bake and decorate cakes for a hobby and really looked around for someone I thought was going to the best job for me, I wanted to make sure that on my wedding day I wouldn't be saying to myself "I could of done better" ... but no way! My expectations were high and she totally exceeded my expectations! Everything looked fantastic and it is hands down the best cake I have ever had. The cake bombs (which were small round individual cakes) were the talk of all my guests and one of the most memorable parts of my wedding!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Carla · Married on 10/11/2014

I consider myself an excellent connoisseur of wedding cakes and have been searching for a cake baker that rivaled Polly Schoonmaker (Polly's Cakes) in terms of artistic quality and cake quality. Even though Polly no longer bakes cakes, thank goodness Laurie Clarke does! This lady has incredible talent and can make any visionary dream cake into a delicious reality! Laurie crafted the the wedding cake for my daughter's October wedding reception. She re-created design elements from my daughter's wedding dress, and wedding monogram into the decor of the wedding cake! Words cannot really do justice to the taste experience you will have when you first bite into her distinctive and divine cake flavors and filling either! I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this incredible wedding cake artist!

Sent on 10/30/2014
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 10/19/2013

Laurie did cupcakes and a decorative small cake for the cake cutting for our wedding in October - everything was absolutely delicious and BEAUTIFUL to look at. We highly recommend Laurie Clarke Cakes!

Sent on 01/22/2014
  • DeVida

Devida · Married on 08/15/2013

Our cake packed a one-two punch: gorgeous and delicious! Laurie really worked with and listened to me when I shared with her our vision, useful artwork, etc. She is a very friendly and fun person to work with and she makes you feel special. We received a ton of compliments on our cake.
    Laurie was willing to customize one of her cake flavor combinations for us. She is also one of the few who actually draws a rendition of your cake which almost exactly matched the final cake. Throughout the process, she was prompt with her responses, patient with my questions and ideas, and clearly wanted to make us a memorable cake.

Sent on 08/23/2013

Christina · Married on 07/13/2013

I had planned my wedding in Portland from afar and Laurie Clarke Cakes was one of my vendors for the wedding cake. This was one of my vendors that I had minimal interaction with and had incredible results. All I had to do was send her a picture of what I wanted, confirm the number of guests, and pick out the flavors per tier.

After our ceremony, we walked into the reception area and there was the cake looking better than the picture I had sent. After the cake cutting when everyone finally dug in, we had people coming to us exclaiming their love for the cake and going in for seconds.

Laurie Clarke was very easy to work with. You request what you want and you get it. Plain and simple.

Sent on 08/13/2013

Ann-Marie · Married on 05/14/2011

Laurie is an amazing artist. The cake she created was everything we dreamed it would be. The cake was flavorful, moist and delicious and everyone loved it. I wish we could have had more tiers so we could have had more of her amazing flavors.
    More important to me then even the way it tasted was the way it looked and Laurie didn't disappoint there either. It was flawless and was exactly like her drawing. She 100% nailed the look and feel we were going for with our wedding. I have never seen a more beautiful, whimsical, joyous, fresh and unique wedding cake.
    Laurie was also a joy to work with along the way. She is professional, prompt with correspondence and very creative. She listened to our ideas and our vision and improved upon them.
    I truly can't recommend Laurie and her cakes enough. I always said that cake was the most important part of the wedding to me and Laurie made my wedding cake dreams come true. I actually cried tears of joy when I saw it. Thank you Laurie!

Sent on 06/03/2011

Nicole · Married on 09/05/2010

Laurie made us three beautiful jewel cakes for our wedding, and they tasted divine! Designing the three cakes was a joy, and Laurie provided great inspiration while still allowing my ideas to flourish. Laurie was especially helpful in finalizing the design, as I was planning from out-of-state.
    The day of the wedding she arrived in plenty of time to set the cakes up, and even brought two options for me to choose from on a final detail of one of the cakes. We had one traditionally styled cake, one in the shape of two poker chips, and one that was a mini-model of our house under reconstruction. Laurie put amazing detail into the house cake, down to a roll of "insulation" in the wall and on the floor (cotton candy was the insulation). She crafted stud walls, drywall (complete with screws and plaster lines) and electrical boxes with electrical wire in the walls. She is a true artist and gets excited when designing a fun new project.
    Her prices were very reasonable, especially when compared to bakers in the Portland area with comparable skill. Her cake tasted wonderful, and she created custom flavors for us with no problem.
    I wish I lived closer to her so I could purchase cakes for future celebrations from her...but perhaps I'll just buy a big cooler and drive them home - she's worth it!

Sent on 10/04/2010

Tristine · Married on 07/31/2010

WOW! It does not get any better, or more delicious, or more beautiful than what comes out of Laurie's kitchen! Laurie is a cake godess! She gave us what we asked for and more! Our cake was the most beautiful cake I'd ever seen, and it was unbelievably delicious and moist. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Timothy and Tristine

Sent on 08/24/2010
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful Cake

The cake design was exactly what we wanted. We loved our cake pops too!

Sent on 07/08/2019