Lauren Dobish Photography Reviews

31 | Brighton, MA

31 Reviews for Lauren Dobish Photography

Hayley · Getting married on 07/13/2019

I can't speak highly enough about Lauren! She was a real delight to work with, and made our engagement photo session a wonderful experience! From scheduling (and rescheduling due to weather) to sending us the prints, beginning to end, she was responsive and professional. During the photo shoot she made us feel extremely comfortable, gave us just the right of direction, and the photos came out absolutely gorgeous! I wish we had more reasons to have professional photos taken, just so we could work with her again!

Lauren · Getting married on 04/14/2019

Lauren captured our engagement photos, and I truly cannot say enough good things about her. I actually found her by reading everyone else's glowing reviews on WeddingWire, and I'm so glad I found her! Every review is spot on. Lauren is such a pleasure to work with. From the very beginning, she was so fast with responding to emails, friendly and courteous in every single correspondence, and was so accommodating and flexible with figuring out a time to schedule our shoot. She gave plenty of outfit and location suggestions and was open to answering any questions we had. When it was time to meet her, she made us feel so comfortable right away. Her personality could brighten a whole room! She is so easy to talk to and takes the time to get to know you both before and while taking her photos. She suggests plenty of poses and provides direction, but also has such a gift to capture true candid moments of happiness, silliness, and laughter -- I don't know how she does it! Also -- love that we got a few sneak peek photos within the week and our final images came so fast! Our final photos turned out so beautiful that they put the biggest smile on my face and made my whole day. She captured such happy moments I didn't even know were taken. I truly cannot say enough good things about Lauren -- she has the best gifts of a warm personality and artistic ability. If you're thinking about booking Lauren, don't think, just do!

Lindy · Married on 10/06/2018

Lauren is amazing!! She took our engagement photos at sunrise in Boston's Public Garden and on the Esplanade. Initially I was hesitant about doing a sunrise shoot but I'm SO glad she convinced us to do it. The photos she took are stunning!!! Lauren is so easy to work with and so helpful with everything from where to take the photos, to how to pose, to what to wear. Our extremely energetic dog wanted nothing to do with the photos and was trying to chase down every single squirrel in our path, yet Lauren still captured perfect family photos of us with our pup! We are so happy to have worked with her and can't wait to use her again in the future!!

• Kerry

Kerry Crowley · Married on 09/22/2018

Lauren is amazing - I highly recommend her!

We used Lauren for our wedding in Cape Cod on September 22 and she was AMAZING! We really loved Lauren as our photographer for a few reasons: 1) She was so organized and prepared. A few weeks before our wedding, we walked through a timeline of events with Lauren so she knew the plan for the ceremony and the reception. We also made a list of “posed” photos in advance so that we could ensure we got all of the family photos we wanted without forgetting anything in the craziness of the day! We had a larger wedding – about 250 people – so that comes with a lot of obstacles, but speaking with Lauren beforehand really made us feel better. 2) While Lauren was taking photos of myself and my bridesmaids getting ready for the ceremony, Lauren was great at just kind of blending in and capturing tons of candid photos which we LOVE. She didn’t step in and ask anyone to move a certain way or to move into better lighting, she simply observed and snapped photos on the go, which is exactly what we wanted. 3) While Lauren was taking staged family photos at our reception, she did a great job of keeping people in order and telling them what to do, but not in an overbearing way. She took control and gave direction when she needed to, but not in a way that felt overwhelming. She helped to move the process along quickly, which was our goal (so that we could go enjoy our cocktail hour! 😊 ) 4) Lauren’s overall demeanor throughout the entire process was perfect – she was excited for us, but also so calm and chill that she really added to the overall perfection of the day and didn’t add any unnecessary stress.
    We’ve only seen a few sneak peek photos so far, and all of them have been absolutely incredible. Lauren really knew how to make us feel at ease in front of the camera and made the process so much enjoyable than we ever thought it could be. Lauren is a true professional and takes pride in her work. I would highly recommend her.

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/21/2018

An easy decision...a million times over!

Let's be honest for a sec, wedding planning can be stressful. Let me save all you brides- to- be hours of online searching or in person meetings to look over portfolios with potential photographers because Lauren Dobish Photography was the absolute BEST decision my husband and I made when planning our wedding. Lauren was actually the 1st call I made after setting our date and venue. I had seen her work in capturing my friend's NYE Boston wedding and 5 minutes in to our call Lauren felt like a long lost friend. She totally understood the vibes we were going for in our Cape Cod coastal wedding and the importance of the photos not seeming forced, staged or too formal. Lauren perfectly captured the love and pure joy of our "best.day.ever" as a couple and being surrounded by family and friends while also managing to create beautiful portraits, group photos, and unforgettable candids for us to cherish forever. We received SO MANY compliments from our parents and bridal party on the day of the wedding after working with Lauren on her fun personality, artistic process, and efficiency in managing our rowdy group with humor and ease to get those "perfect shots." I could go on and on forever about how fantastic and talented Lauren is as a photographer, but on a personal note I am glad that she was brought into our lives and I can't wait to stay connected with Lauren over the years as she will forever be a part of capturing our families memories to come.

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing wedding photographer!

Lauren Dobish was amazing to work with as our wedding photographer! She is so talented -we absolutely love our engagement and wedding pictures! She's also an awesome dog photographer perfect for capturing our miniature dachshund Olivia! She was so easy to work with-easy to contact by phone or email and very responsive. She helped us organize a plan for photos throughout our wedding day and captured so many wonderful memories from our special day! We had a second wedding celebration on the West Coast less than a month after our NH wedding and Lauren helped put together a wonderful slideshow of pictures from our NH to share with family and friends- everyone loved it! You should definitely book her for your wedding if you are looking for an amazing photographer who is super talented and super fun to work with!

Jenny · Married on 08/10/2018

To describe our experience in one word---AMAZING! We heard of Lauren through mutual friends since we both are Bates College Alums! After our engagement, I reached out to Lauren and from seeing her amazing work and chatting with her on the phone, I knew she would be great! She is super easy to get along with and is energetic and makes it fun! The engagement photos were not posed or cheesy at all, but look completely natural. She knew what poses to do and how to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera from the start! We also brought along our 4 month old puppy and she was extremely patient with the pup! She brought her boyfriend along for backup to help with the dog and my Mom tagged along as well to take the dog when we just wanted shots of the two of us! Lauren is very organized, sending emails to schedule the engagement photos and times and meeting spots. She was so quick to give us some sneak peek photos of the shoot and took around 2 weeks to get the full engagement photo gallery back!! So so happy with our photos and can't wait for her to photograph our wedding in 2018!

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

Words cannot describe how wonderful Lauren was for both our engagement and wedding photos! Not only are her images breathtaking, she makes you feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera. My husband and I brought our dog to our engagement session and she was fantastic with him, getting him to pose and look at the camera! Not only is she wonderful on the day of, she is constantly in contact with you leading up to the big event. She kept giving us tips and tricks to prepare, as well as helping us prepare a day of timeline. The day of the wedding, she helped keep everything on track and captured not only the big events but the small moments of overwhelming emotion! She is priceless! We will cherish the photos forever and will continue to use her to capture other big life events!

erin · Married on 06/30/2018

Lauren Dobish is INCREDIBLE!! My fiancé hired Lauren to photograph our proposal and the results are magical. Lauren hid while my fiancé and I were walking along Boston Harbor and she was in the perfect spot to capture the moment. Not only did she take incredible candids--this is coming from a girl who is extremely picky with photos--but she also shot some formal ones after. Lauren made us feel so comfortable and relaxed and the results really reflect this. She is so talented and funny, I couldn't have imagined the proposal without her!

Michalene · Married on 06/16/2018

Last fall my boyfriend of 13 years asked me to marry him under the Christmas tree in Boston. After snapping a few pictures, we were off to celebrate with our family and friends. Quickly following our engagement we started exploring long lists of different venues, vendors, and many of the other things that go into a perfect wedding day.
    We were focused on finding a photographer with the experience and skill set to really capture our special day from beginning to end. A friend of ours recommended Lauren after hearing great reviews of her work at other friends' weddings. We reached out to Lauren and immediately felt a great connection. Right from the start she was not only friendly, relatable, and fun to talk to, but more importantly she was knowledgeable and professional. She understood the difficulties of selecting a photographer and reassured us every step of the way. After meeting with Lauren one day after work we knew we had found our photographer!
    The next step was taking our engagement pictures. After 13 years together, you can only image how many pictures my fiancé and I have together and we did not want just more of the same. Lauren completely understood this and went out of her way to make our engagement shoot unique. She was also very patience with my many outfit changes! Only days following the shoot, Lauren began sending us tons of pictures that truly showed who Chris and I are as a couple. The pictures were simply beautiful!
    Lauren was able to turn this photo shoot into a fun and relaxing night as opposed to what we anticipated as being a stressful hour filled with awkward poses. We were very comfortable spending the night with Lauren and taking her suggestions on different poses and backdrops. Our pictures came out absolutely stunning and we are 100% confident we made the right choice in hiring Lauren to capture our special day next June!
    A picture speaks a thousand words and I highly recommend Lauren to anyone looking for a talented photographer!

• O

Olivia · Married on 06/01/2018

Lauren is an absolutely incredible photographer and genuinely nice person. My fiancé and I started looking for photographers shortly after we got engaged because we wanted to find someone whose style we loved. I came across Lauren's Instagram page and fell in love with her style of photography. We also loved the fact that she worked with dogs, as our dog Baxter was to be in our engagement photos and will be in our wedding as well. The very first time we talked to Lauren, I knew she was the perfect fit for us. She asked about how Justin and I met and our love story. None of the other photographers we spoke to had seemed as interested in learning about us.

Our engagement photo shoot was on a cold and dreary day, but thanks to Lauren you couldn't even tell in our photos! She was so much fun to work with and made us feel super comfortable behind the camera. She also got some amazing shots of our dog despite him being a bit rambunctious. We are so happy with her and can't wait for our wedding day!

• Donald

Donald · Married on 05/26/2018

Lauren Dobish is AMAZING !

If you don't hire Lauren for your wedding you will 100% regret it, she is not only super talented but also the most fun person.... you will spend your engagement photos and wedding laughing the entire time which means you will never feel awkward of uncomfortable! Lauren is not afraid to stop traffic for that perfect dip and kiss photo and thank God shes not because its my favorite photo ever! Lauren went above and beyond leading up to our wedding answering questions about time line that she didn't have to answer but was so willing to help because of her expert wedding knowledge! We weren't late for anything the day of our wedding because Lauren stuck to our time line which was very important and a huge weight off of our shoulders as we had never done this before! I cant wait to keep growing as a family and having Lauren capture all of those future moments!

Rachel · Married on 05/13/2018

It's difficult to come up with all of the words to describe Lauren; Fun, kind, passionate, amazing, patient and talented are just a few! We first found her on Instagram and met up with her for a Christmas card Mini-Session in November 2016. She made my fiance, who is not a huge fan of pictures, feel so comfortable in front of the camera and captured a ton of great shots. She was also able to get amazing pictures with our (super) high energy (and often crazy) dog! She worked with us and showed us how to pose in ways that aren't awkward on camera and walked around several different areas to get the best scenery. Fast forward to Spring 2017 and we got engaged! Obviously, our first vendor communication was with Lauren - She gave us a list of her available dates and package options and gave us tons of time to decide what we wanted to do, no pressure at all. We later met her and Paul (her super cool boyfriend and second shooter) at her apartment and ended up losing track of the time while chatting. We scheduled our engagement photos in a location close to us and got completely poured on (I'm talking flash-flood action). Not a problem for Lauren, we already had a rain date set up and she didn't mind driving back up another day to work with us. She emailed/texted us back and forth checking on the weather, making sure the lighting and location would be in our favor. The rain-date ended up having perfect weather and she stayed with us for nearly 2 hours shooting in different areas with and without our dog. Again, she made us both feel totally comfortable in front of the camera and got a ton of adorable candid and posed shots. She is completely flexible and more than happy to work with you to get you whatever you want. She provides you with any information you need and works quickly to get your final gallery delivered right to your inbox (She also has a great hook-up for printed photos!. Lauren's photos are amazing and we are beyond excited to have her capture memories a

Kristen · Married on 04/27/2018

There aren't enough compliments to give Lauren on her incredible wedding photography. I found her via a family member, her pricing fit well with my wedding budget, and her photos are the perfect mix of formals, candids, and fine art. When we spoke on the phone for the first time I literally had that giddy feeling when you know you've just met a new friend - she was always professional, offering tips and tricks for photo options while still hearing and incorporating my vision for the day, and also being just as excited as I was to celebrate our wedding! The wedding package we chose came with an engagement photo session, which was great practice for my now-husband and I since he hates being the center of attention. On the way home from the session he said "she made that really easy and casual." - just what we needed! We got married at the end of April, and my family couldn't say enough nice things about her - she was friendly and helpful with everyone, and I swear she was smiling just as much as we were that day. It made it feel even more special that she wasn't just completing a job but was celebrating right beside us. I haven't even begun to talk about her photos! They are some of the most beautiful shots I could have imagined. The lighting, the angles, and her general talent at capturing the feeling of that day is phenomenal. I can't stop looking at the over 900 photos she sent my way. My only complaint is how hard it will be to select photos for our wedding album. Her site has an option to buy prints, and makes it really easy to share with our family and friends. I loved working with Lauren and I know you will too!

Kate · Married on 12/29/2017

We are so lucky we came across Lauren! We heard about Lauren through a friend who had used her for mini-sessions and had incredible things to say about her and her work!! Having just recently gotten married and being unable to include our dog on our wedding day, we reached out to Lauren to schedule a portrait session with our dog and she was extremely responsive and flexible! She was enthusiastic, friendly, eager to make the portrait session work with us (despite her jam packed schedule for wedding season) and completely professional! My husband and I felt completely comfortable with Lauren, she makes a photo shoot feel like you're working with an old friend! She arrived right on time, stayed late and made sure we took every photo we could possibly want and more! She has a great eye giving just the right amount of direction that the photos come out beautifully but are still completely natural. Beyond being an amazing photographer (the photos came out amazing and we are absolutely thrilled!) she is an actual dog-whisperer! She, along with For the Love of Paws Boston, got our crazy, very high energy, pup to sit still and photograph beautifully! If you're looking to include your pets or animals in your photos, looking for beautiful photos, looking to find a friend in your photographer or just want amazing, professional, quality photographs, you have to check out Lauren Dobish!

Kerry · Married on 12/02/2017

Please choose Lauren as your wedding photographer...she is phenomenal!!!

My now husband and I were overwhelmed with the vendor selection process and I found myself searching hashtags on Instagram when I came across Lauren's page. We are so lucky to have found Lauren - she was the best part of our wedding planning/vendor process.

Lauren was extremely responsive to e-mails, so friendly during our intro call and subsequent planning calls, flexible with weather and location changes for our engagement shoot (an inclusion of our dog, Hooch!) and put together a day of schedule for us to be sure we didn't miss any important pictures. She is incredibly thoughtful, mindful of special details and just an overall expert as what she does. Her patience and attention to detail made our wedding day absolutely perfect.

The pictures from our engagement shoot and wedding day are incredible. Our family and friends are equally blown away by her work and continue to talk about how professional and kind Lauren and Paul were at our wedding. We are so lucky to have these memories documented for us and can't thank Lauren enough!

Luis · Married on 10/14/2017

From our initial conversation with Lauren until the final moments of our wedding, she was personable, positive and professional. Overall, she was an absolute pleasure to work with. Lauren was incredibly accessible and responsive throughout the planning process and every time we spoke with her, she was full of energy and ready to transform our ideas into picture perfect moments that have become treasured keepsakes. Lauren worked with us to create a custom photography package that met our needs and also provided us with a helpful planning sheet to outline our desired photography shots and to keep us on track during our busy day. Lauren also exceeded our expectations when it came to the turnaround time on receiving our wedding photo gallery. After the wedding, our friends and family commented on how sweet and easy she was to work with. We plan to contact Lauren anytime we need photography services in the future. – Alison & Luis

Chelsea · Married on 08/05/2017

I literally could not have imagined my wedding day without Lauren Dobish being my photographer. Not only are her photos breathtakingly beautiful, she and Paul are so much fun to work with! She was so prepared leading up to the wedding, which made the whole day completely stress-free. She really took the time to get to know me and my husband, which really makes our photos feel personal. To top it all off, we got some sneak peek photos the NEXT. DAY. after the wedding!!!! It was honestly kind of surreal to have the memories so fresh in our minds, but already getting to see the beautiful photos. A week and a half later, my wedding party is still texting me about how stunning the photos are and how awesome Lauren and Paul were. Thank you for making my day so perfect!!

Kelsey · Married on 07/17/2017

Lauren is amazing! As a planner I get the chance to work with lots of photographers and Lauren absolutely stands out with a bubbly and helpful personality and incredible photos! I always tell couples that a photographer is one of the most important vendors you will choose because at the end of the day the photos are what you have to remember it by. Lauren does an amazing job of capturing couples in the most natural of ways, highlighting their love, emotion and laughter! She’s an excellent coach and makes people feel so comfortable and like themselves in front of the camera. She is super thoughtful and organized and won’t let any detail go unnoticed. She has an amazing work ethic and will absolutely do everything to make sure you get your dream photos, and she’s so fun that after the wedding you’ll probably want to meet up with her for a beer :) can’t recommend her highly enough!

• U

Uzma · Married on 07/07/2017

I found Lauren on Instagram, as I was looking for a Boston photographer from out of town. This was actually my first experience with a professional photographer. Lauren had a familiarity with the site that I truly appreciated. Tell her exactly what you want and she'll work with that, while also giving input when needed. She was very reasonably priced, professional, friendly, and the turnaround for my pictures was very quick! My fiance and I loved the pictures she took for our engagement session.

• Y

Yun · Married on 07/01/2017

Lauren was the lead photographer for both our engagement and wedding photographs. She is incredibly talented and hard-working, and just so so kind! We absolutely love her and are so glad we were able to meet her.

She has a special eye for beauty. Our engagement photos were on a super chilly, grey day in Boston. Lauren took us to Faneuil Hall, where she had never shot before, and spent time scouting it ahead of time in the cold before we even showed up. During the subsequent shoot, it felt so leisurely, she made us so comfortable even when posing with hundreds of tourists in the background. I think she inherently can pick up on the personalities of couples and really try to cater her shooting style to them to make them feel comfortable. When our engagement photos came back, we were absolutely stunned and couldn't wait to have her again for Wedding Day.

The wedding itself was a blur, but I remember every moment with Lauren and Wayne, our second shooter. They were a dream to work with, blending into the background and capturing moments that I didn't even know existed! Some of our favorite photos were close-ups of guests' expressions during the wedding; she really knows how to capture the warmth, personality, and small moments.

It's incredible that Lauren is still relatively new to the business given the quality of her skills. I just know she's going to a big name in wedding photography someday. We are so happy to have met her and hope that we can continue to have her be our photographer for many years to come.

Nicole · Married on 06/28/2017

Lauren was such a pleasure to work with! I’m so happy I found her! She worked with me on such short notice for our engagement photos! She was so patient and kind during our large hectic wedding! We are absolutely blown away with the photos! She is amazing in every way! I will be recommending her to everyone I know!

• Morgan

Morgan · Married on 06/24/2017

I cannot say enough amazing things about Lauren, Paul (her handsome boyfriend AND phenomenal second photographer), and the incredible photos she takes. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, she was so organized and checked in with me multiple times to make sure she knew exactly what I wanted and when. Now, looking at the photos from our June 24th wedding, I know that she kept everything we wanted in mind while shooting. I work with students who have special needs, and invited a few of them to take photos with me before the ceremony while we were taking family photos. She was completely flexible when those students arrived and moved herself exactly where was comfortable for them and put every other picture on hold while we worked to capture the perfect shot of me and them (they turned out better than I could have imagined!). Lauren is an increasingly popular choice for dog-lovers and engaged folks alike, but when she is working with you, she will make you feel like you are her only client. Even today as I sit anxiously awaiting my full gallery of photos because she keeps teasing me with beautiful sneak peeks, she took the time to make a slideshow of her favorite photos from our special day as a surprise for me!
    Lauren and Paul... are the type of people who teachers, parents, and friends dream about in a world full of selfish, impatient people. They light up a room with such a positive energy, and are incredibly patient with everything that can (and probably will) go wrong on a wedding day. Since I posted some of the photos that Lauren sent me, I have gotten countless texts from my friends about how stunning the pictures turned out and how great the photographers were to capture every perfect moment for us. I could go on forever. She's fabulous and everyone should use her.

Kelly · Married on 05/06/2017

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our wedding. Lauren is professional, timely, and very fun to work with. My husband and I are not very photogenic and she made us look great :) She was very organized for the wedding and even with a bridal party of 20, we got through all of our photos quickly and were able to get back to the party. I would recommend Lauren to anyone who is looking for a fun, energetic photographer who will make you have a good time while being professional, flexible and affordable!

Valerie · Married on 12/31/2016

Lauren Dobish was such a pleasure to work with for our wedding! From our first conversations to our engagement photos to the big day she made everything so perfect! Her passion for photography is evident and she goes above and beyond for her clients to ensure they get the best memories of their important life events. Her professionalism and preparation allowed for the wedding day to go extremely smooth. She knew what portraits and creative shots to capture and did so without wasting any time. Our pictures came out absolutely amazing and we have received so many compliments! I will definitely use Lauren Dobish for any future photography needs and would recommend her work to anyone!