Lauren Dobish Photography Reviews

Lauren Dobish Photography 7
  • Abraham

Abraham Kalaoun · Getting married on 12/07/2019

Cloud Nine Boston Proposal Photography

Lauren is such a sweet and down-to-earth person. My fiancé, Daniella, and I connected with her so fast! She really is more than just an amazing photographer; she is a genuine, kind and fun human being. Our proposal session went so well thanks to her expertise and good-natured approach! We actually became aware of Lauren Dobish Photography after one of our closest friends commissioned her for their engagement shoot this past summer.

Regarding our proposal pictures, we are truly blown away! With the way Lauren photographed our proposal, it feels like she has the truly rare gift of storytelling! She really captured the buildup of various emotions as I got down on one knee and began proposing to my now fiancé, Daniella. She even blended in so well from across the street that Daniella didn’t notice her until she physically came closer to us to capture a slightly different angle. From tears of joy, to laughs of jubilation, to pure gratitude, Lauren captured it all seamlessly!

This next detail speaks to Lauren’s character so well: even she herself was crying after I proposed. It proved to both of us how much she actually cares about her clients! Lauren is the kind of photographer who understands the great value of authentic connection with the people she works with. This enhances her photos and leads to even better images. Right after the proposal occurred, she asked us if we were ready to do a mini-portrait session. The way she switched up gears did not feel rushed, it felt so natural and exciting!

Because we work in the wedding industry as videographers, we are used to being behind the camera, not in front of it. So we were a little nervous as she began directing us. But her direction was always so clear and concise. She made us laugh a lot too, which was good because it helped get the tears of joy to disappear and be replaced by ear-to-ear smiles!

Another thing we LOVED about working with Lauren was the speed of her delivery. Plus, she OVER DELIVERED the number of final images, giving us DOUBLE what she estimated originally within FIVE DAYS!! We really enjoyed how she turned some black and white; this adds a timeless effect to the already timeless work she creates. We’ve already looked at our gallery a few times now, and it honestly feels as though the gallery gets better and better each time! Thank you, Lauren, for keeping us on cloud nine engagement bliss :)

At one point, the forecast looked bad, so I asked if Lauren would be available the next day. She wasn't, but she said she’d “totally understand if I went with someone else because she couldn’t commit to the next day as well.” That is what sold me on her: Her kindness and authenticity! I could tell she wasn’t greedy and that she really wanted me to have a successful proposal.

I really appreciated her attention to detail. As most guys will eventually find out, planning and executing a successful proposal can be daunting. Lauren put me at ease, though, and when we hopped on the phone the day before the proposal, she listened more than she spoke, and was so clear about the information she needed from me, without adding too much extra work or stress on my plate the day before the proposal. And I could hear in her voice she was genuinely excited and eager for the plan I had come up with!

We cannot recommend Lauren Dobish Photography enough. She will exceed your expectations and you’ll walk away feeling like you have a new friend!!

--Abraham & Daniella

Sent on 12/21/2018
    Lauren Dobish Photography 8
    Lauren Dobish Photography 9
    Lauren Dobish Photography 10

Jenna Lozowski · Married on 09/19/2019

Amazing Sunrise Session with Dog

My fiance and I booked Lauren to do an engagement session with our dog Rylee, and we could not have had a better experience. We had a great first impression of Lauren. Not only was she super responsive, but she was also very willing to cater the time/location of the photoshoot around what would work best for Rylee. The weather for the day of our shoot was also questionable, and she was so willing to find another date that worked for us if needed. The morning of the shoot, Lauren made us so comfortable (coming from somebody that does not like getting pictures taken!), gave us enough direction, was so patient, and she worked SO well with Rylee. Our photos came out amazing! They feel like captured moments, and we could not be happier with the end result. She was also able to capture some great shots of Rylee. Our pictures turned around so quickly- She truly makes you feel like a priority and is a kind, genuine person. Cannot recommend her enough, and will definitely be using her in the future!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Jessica Hennessey · Married on 08/03/2019

Lauren is a dream!

Lauren photographed one of my couples' weddings at the Wequassett Resort + Golf Club on Cape Cod. Not only did she meet with me beforehand, but we chatted off and on throughout the planning process to make sure that she was covering all bases on the day and no detail would go unnoticed! Her friendly personality, prompt responsiveness and gorgeous work are just a few of the reasons I would recommend her to any of my future clients. And she even sent a sneak peek the following day! Love her!

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 07/13/2019

I can't speak highly enough about Lauren! She was a real delight to work with, and made our engagement photo session a wonderful experience! From scheduling (and rescheduling due to weather) to sending us the prints, beginning to end, she was responsive and professional. During the photo shoot she made us feel extremely comfortable, gave us just the right of direction, and the photos came out absolutely gorgeous! I wish we had more reasons to have professional photos taken, just so we could work with her again!

Sent on 08/21/2018
  • Madison

Madison · Married on 07/13/2019

Lauren Dobish Photography is a dream to work with!

Choosing the right wedding photographer may have been the most important part of my wedding planning process so I did a ton of research to find the perfect fit, and Lauren was exactly that. Lauren has gone out of her way for us from the beginning, offering to meet me for coffee to talk about our wedding vision and make me feel comfortable before we even decided to work together! She is organized, thoughtful has amazing attention to detail and is talented beyond belief. She is open to all of your crazy ideas, like popping champagne mid photoshoot to get the perfect bubbles shot, to attempting a sparkler send-off after sunset, to providing her own amazing ideas like having you sit on your fiancés shoulders with a dog in your arms (our favorite engagement shot ever!) and so many others. She just gets it and has an amazing ability to connect with you and make it so you do not feel awkward during all of what can feel like the most awkward of moments. She captured our love, emotions and entire day in the most perfect way, and made us look incredible in all of her shots. I am having the hardest time picking my favorites because they all are.

She even gave us a sneak peek of a few shots the day after our wedding, and an even larger sneak peek just a few weeks later, keeping us busy and gushing until our final album arrived. I have not been able to stop staring at all of the shots ever since we got her email. And the number of friends and family who have commented on how incredible they came out and how talented Lauren is was just the cherry on top. She is a dream to work with, takes the time to get to know you, your vision and has all of the insight and tips to make your day even more special. My bridesmaids and friends already can’t wait to have her photograph their weddings (once they're engaged that is)!

Even if you aren’t getting married look her up, she’s also a dog photographer and took the most amazing photos of our Frenchie Luke during our engagement shoot and at our wedding. Pictures we will cherish forever!

Sent on 08/19/2019
    Lauren Dobish Photography 11
    Lauren Dobish Photography 12
    Lauren Dobish Photography 13

Kelsey Murphy · Married on 07/06/2019

More then we could have ever hoped!

Hiring Lauren for our wedding was one of the best things we did. From our first phone call she listened to our vision for our big day and exceeded our expectations by a long shot. She was an incredible support throughout the process and for two people who are uncomfortable being in front of the camera, the perfect person to be photographing us on our big day. Not to mention each photo she took came out incredible.10/10 would hire her again in a second.

Sent on 07/26/2019

Liz Farrant · Married on 06/15/2019

could not love her more!!

Lauren is INCREDIBLE!! She captured all of the pictures we wanted and MORE! She is great to work with and blends into your wedding to capture the most authentic moments. I would recommend her to anyone and will use her for EVERY event in the future that we have!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Lauren · Married on 04/14/2019

Lauren captured our engagement photos, and I truly cannot say enough good things about her. I actually found her by reading everyone else's glowing reviews on WeddingWire, and I'm so glad I found her! Every review is spot on. Lauren is such a pleasure to work with. From the very beginning, she was so fast with responding to emails, friendly and courteous in every single correspondence, and was so accommodating and flexible with figuring out a time to schedule our shoot. She gave plenty of outfit and location suggestions and was open to answering any questions we had. When it was time to meet her, she made us feel so comfortable right away. Her personality could brighten a whole room! She is so easy to talk to and takes the time to get to know you both before and while taking her photos. She suggests plenty of poses and provides direction, but also has such a gift to capture true candid moments of happiness, silliness, and laughter -- I don't know how she does it! Also -- love that we got a few sneak peek photos within the week and our final images came so fast! Our final photos turned out so beautiful that they put the biggest smile on my face and made my whole day. She captured such happy moments I didn't even know were taken. I truly cannot say enough good things about Lauren -- she has the best gifts of a warm personality and artistic ability. If you're thinking about booking Lauren, don't think, just do!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Maggie · Married on 01/12/2019

Thank you Lauren! AWESOME!

Thank you Lauren! Lauren is one of the best photographers around! I was able to met Lauren through my cousin (she was also her photographer!). She is extremely professional and very easy going. She immediately feels like your friend and as if you have known each other your entire life. We were lucky enough to have Paul as our second shooter. Lauren and Paul make an incredible team! They made sure to get every picture we wanted even in 17-degree weather! Check out our picture because they are truly amazing. Friends and family have been RAVING about every single picture!

Lauren went above and beyond for us. She stays in communication and always quick to respond. She made our big day go extremely smooth and always made us feel at ease. We received our pictures only a few short weeks after our wedding. I cannot say enough great things about Lauren Dobish Photography. I might get a puppy just to hang out again!

Sent on 03/10/2019
    Lauren Dobish Photography 14
    Lauren Dobish Photography 15
    Lauren Dobish Photography 16

Matthew Gonsalves · Married on 12/01/2018

Lauren is so worth it!

Having photos that capture the special moments and people included in our wedding day was of utmost importance to my wife and I. From the moment we met Lauren we fell in love with her previous work and her fun and energetic attitude. Her communication, thoughtful planning, and attention to detail made for an outstanding quality of product and helped greatly to reduce the stress of our big day. We were more than happy with our wedding photos from Lauren and can't say enough good things about how comfortable and easy she made the process.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Shannon Murphy · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing!

Having photos that capture the special moments and people included in our wedding day was of utmost importance to us. From the moment we met Lauren we fell in love with her previous work and her fun and energetic attitude. Her communication, thoughtful planning, and attention to detail made for an outstanding quality of product and helped greatly to reduce the stress of our big day. Our vendors, family, and friends couldn't say enough great things about Lauren as well. We were beyond happy with our wedding photos from Lauren and can't say enough good things about how comfortable and easy she made the process. We recommend Lauren to everyone....from family photos to wedding photos she is absolutely amazing!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Lindy · Married on 10/06/2018

Lauren is amazing!! She took our engagement photos at sunrise in Boston's Public Garden and on the Esplanade. Initially I was hesitant about doing a sunrise shoot but I'm SO glad she convinced us to do it. The photos she took are stunning!!! Lauren is so easy to work with and so helpful with everything from where to take the photos, to how to pose, to what to wear. Our extremely energetic dog wanted nothing to do with the photos and was trying to chase down every single squirrel in our path, yet Lauren still captured perfect family photos of us with our pup! We are so happy to have worked with her and can't wait to use her again in the future!!

Sent on 11/29/2017
  • Kerry

Kerry Crowley · Married on 09/22/2018

Lauren is amazing - I highly recommend her!

We used Lauren for our wedding in Cape Cod on September 22 and she was AMAZING! We really loved Lauren as our photographer for a few reasons: 1) She was so organized and prepared. A few weeks before our wedding, we walked through a timeline of events with Lauren so she knew the plan for the ceremony and the reception. We also made a list of “posed” photos in advance so that we could ensure we got all of the family photos we wanted without forgetting anything in the craziness of the day! We had a larger wedding – about 250 people – so that comes with a lot of obstacles, but speaking with Lauren beforehand really made us feel better. 2) While Lauren was taking photos of myself and my bridesmaids getting ready for the ceremony, Lauren was great at just kind of blending in and capturing tons of candid photos which we LOVE. She didn’t step in and ask anyone to move a certain way or to move into better lighting, she simply observed and snapped photos on the go, which is exactly what we wanted. 3) While Lauren was taking staged family photos at our reception, she did a great job of keeping people in order and telling them what to do, but not in an overbearing way. She took control and gave direction when she needed to, but not in a way that felt overwhelming. She helped to move the process along quickly, which was our goal (so that we could go enjoy our cocktail hour! 😊 ) 4) Lauren’s overall demeanor throughout the entire process was perfect – she was excited for us, but also so calm and chill that she really added to the overall perfection of the day and didn’t add any unnecessary stress.
    We’ve only seen a few sneak peek photos so far, and all of them have been absolutely incredible. Lauren really knew how to make us feel at ease in front of the camera and made the process so much enjoyable than we ever thought it could be. Lauren is a true professional and takes pride in her work. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/21/2018

An easy decision...a million times over!

Let's be honest for a sec, wedding planning can be stressful. Let me save all you brides- to- be hours of online searching or in person meetings to look over portfolios with potential photographers because Lauren Dobish Photography was the absolute BEST decision my husband and I made when planning our wedding. Lauren was actually the 1st call I made after setting our date and venue. I had seen her work in capturing my friend's NYE Boston wedding and 5 minutes in to our call Lauren felt like a long lost friend. She totally understood the vibes we were going for in our Cape Cod coastal wedding and the importance of the photos not seeming forced, staged or too formal. Lauren perfectly captured the love and pure joy of our "best.day.ever" as a couple and being surrounded by family and friends while also managing to create beautiful portraits, group photos, and unforgettable candids for us to cherish forever. We received SO MANY compliments from our parents and bridal party on the day of the wedding after working with Lauren on her fun personality, artistic process, and efficiency in managing our rowdy group with humor and ease to get those "perfect shots." I could go on and on forever about how fantastic and talented Lauren is as a photographer, but on a personal note I am glad that she was brought into our lives and I can't wait to stay connected with Lauren over the years as she will forever be a part of capturing our families memories to come.

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing wedding photographer!

Lauren Dobish was amazing to work with as our wedding photographer! She is so talented -we absolutely love our engagement and wedding pictures! She's also an awesome dog photographer perfect for capturing our miniature dachshund Olivia! She was so easy to work with-easy to contact by phone or email and very responsive. She helped us organize a plan for photos throughout our wedding day and captured so many wonderful memories from our special day! We had a second wedding celebration on the West Coast less than a month after our NH wedding and Lauren helped put together a wonderful slideshow of pictures from our NH to share with family and friends- everyone loved it! You should definitely book her for your wedding if you are looking for an amazing photographer who is super talented and super fun to work with!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Jenny · Married on 08/10/2018

To describe our experience in one word---AMAZING! We heard of Lauren through mutual friends since we both are Bates College Alums! After our engagement, I reached out to Lauren and from seeing her amazing work and chatting with her on the phone, I knew she would be great! She is super easy to get along with and is energetic and makes it fun! The engagement photos were not posed or cheesy at all, but look completely natural. She knew what poses to do and how to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera from the start! We also brought along our 4 month old puppy and she was extremely patient with the pup! She brought her boyfriend along for backup to help with the dog and my Mom tagged along as well to take the dog when we just wanted shots of the two of us! Lauren is very organized, sending emails to schedule the engagement photos and times and meeting spots. She was so quick to give us some sneak peek photos of the shoot and took around 2 weeks to get the full engagement photo gallery back!! So so happy with our photos and can't wait for her to photograph our wedding in 2018!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

Words cannot describe how wonderful Lauren was for both our engagement and wedding photos! Not only are her images breathtaking, she makes you feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera. My husband and I brought our dog to our engagement session and she was fantastic with him, getting him to pose and look at the camera! Not only is she wonderful on the day of, she is constantly in contact with you leading up to the big event. She kept giving us tips and tricks to prepare, as well as helping us prepare a day of timeline. The day of the wedding, she helped keep everything on track and captured not only the big events but the small moments of overwhelming emotion! She is priceless! We will cherish the photos forever and will continue to use her to capture other big life events!

Sent on 09/16/2018

erin · Married on 06/30/2018

Lauren Dobish is INCREDIBLE!! My fiancé hired Lauren to photograph our proposal and the results are magical. Lauren hid while my fiancé and I were walking along Boston Harbor and she was in the perfect spot to capture the moment. Not only did she take incredible candids--this is coming from a girl who is extremely picky with photos--but she also shot some formal ones after. Lauren made us feel so comfortable and relaxed and the results really reflect this. She is so talented and funny, I couldn't have imagined the proposal without her!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Michalene · Married on 06/16/2018

Last fall my boyfriend of 13 years asked me to marry him under the Christmas tree in Boston. After snapping a few pictures, we were off to celebrate with our family and friends. Quickly following our engagement we started exploring long lists of different venues, vendors, and many of the other things that go into a perfect wedding day.
    We were focused on finding a photographer with the experience and skill set to really capture our special day from beginning to end. A friend of ours recommended Lauren after hearing great reviews of her work at other friends' weddings. We reached out to Lauren and immediately felt a great connection. Right from the start she was not only friendly, relatable, and fun to talk to, but more importantly she was knowledgeable and professional. She understood the difficulties of selecting a photographer and reassured us every step of the way. After meeting with Lauren one day after work we knew we had found our photographer!
    The next step was taking our engagement pictures. After 13 years together, you can only image how many pictures my fiancé and I have together and we did not want just more of the same. Lauren completely understood this and went out of her way to make our engagement shoot unique. She was also very patience with my many outfit changes! Only days following the shoot, Lauren began sending us tons of pictures that truly showed who Chris and I are as a couple. The pictures were simply beautiful!
    Lauren was able to turn this photo shoot into a fun and relaxing night as opposed to what we anticipated as being a stressful hour filled with awkward poses. We were very comfortable spending the night with Lauren and taking her suggestions on different poses and backdrops. Our pictures came out absolutely stunning and we are 100% confident we made the right choice in hiring Lauren to capture our special day next June!
    A picture speaks a thousand words and I highly recommend Lauren to anyone looking for a talented photographer!

Sent on 07/31/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/01/2018

Lauren is an absolutely incredible photographer and genuinely nice person. My fiancé and I started looking for photographers shortly after we got engaged because we wanted to find someone whose style we loved. I came across Lauren's Instagram page and fell in love with her style of photography. We also loved the fact that she worked with dogs, as our dog Baxter was to be in our engagement photos and will be in our wedding as well. The very first time we talked to Lauren, I knew she was the perfect fit for us. She asked about how Justin and I met and our love story. None of the other photographers we spoke to had seemed as interested in learning about us.

Our engagement photo shoot was on a cold and dreary day, but thanks to Lauren you couldn't even tell in our photos! She was so much fun to work with and made us feel super comfortable behind the camera. She also got some amazing shots of our dog despite him being a bit rambunctious. We are so happy with her and can't wait for our wedding day!

Sent on 06/01/2017
  • Donald

Donald · Married on 05/26/2018

Lauren Dobish is AMAZING !

If you don't hire Lauren for your wedding you will 100% regret it, she is not only super talented but also the most fun person.... you will spend your engagement photos and wedding laughing the entire time which means you will never feel awkward of uncomfortable! Lauren is not afraid to stop traffic for that perfect dip and kiss photo and thank God shes not because its my favorite photo ever! Lauren went above and beyond leading up to our wedding answering questions about time line that she didn't have to answer but was so willing to help because of her expert wedding knowledge! We weren't late for anything the day of our wedding because Lauren stuck to our time line which was very important and a huge weight off of our shoulders as we had never done this before! I cant wait to keep growing as a family and having Lauren capture all of those future moments!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Rachel · Married on 05/13/2018

It's difficult to come up with all of the words to describe Lauren; Fun, kind, passionate, amazing, patient and talented are just a few! We first found her on Instagram and met up with her for a Christmas card Mini-Session in November 2016. She made my fiance, who is not a huge fan of pictures, feel so comfortable in front of the camera and captured a ton of great shots. She was also able to get amazing pictures with our (super) high energy (and often crazy) dog! She worked with us and showed us how to pose in ways that aren't awkward on camera and walked around several different areas to get the best scenery. Fast forward to Spring 2017 and we got engaged! Obviously, our first vendor communication was with Lauren - She gave us a list of her available dates and package options and gave us tons of time to decide what we wanted to do, no pressure at all. We later met her and Paul (her super cool boyfriend and second shooter) at her apartment and ended up losing track of the time while chatting. We scheduled our engagement photos in a location close to us and got completely poured on (I'm talking flash-flood action). Not a problem for Lauren, we already had a rain date set up and she didn't mind driving back up another day to work with us. She emailed/texted us back and forth checking on the weather, making sure the lighting and location would be in our favor. The rain-date ended up having perfect weather and she stayed with us for nearly 2 hours shooting in different areas with and without our dog. Again, she made us both feel totally comfortable in front of the camera and got a ton of adorable candid and posed shots. She is completely flexible and more than happy to work with you to get you whatever you want. She provides you with any information you need and works quickly to get your final gallery delivered right to your inbox (She also has a great hook-up for printed photos!. Lauren's photos are amazing and we are beyond excited to have her capture memories a

Sent on 08/09/2017

Kristen · Married on 04/27/2018

There aren't enough compliments to give Lauren on her incredible wedding photography. I found her via a family member, her pricing fit well with my wedding budget, and her photos are the perfect mix of formals, candids, and fine art. When we spoke on the phone for the first time I literally had that giddy feeling when you know you've just met a new friend - she was always professional, offering tips and tricks for photo options while still hearing and incorporating my vision for the day, and also being just as excited as I was to celebrate our wedding! The wedding package we chose came with an engagement photo session, which was great practice for my now-husband and I since he hates being the center of attention. On the way home from the session he said "she made that really easy and casual." - just what we needed! We got married at the end of April, and my family couldn't say enough nice things about her - she was friendly and helpful with everyone, and I swear she was smiling just as much as we were that day. It made it feel even more special that she wasn't just completing a job but was celebrating right beside us. I haven't even begun to talk about her photos! They are some of the most beautiful shots I could have imagined. The lighting, the angles, and her general talent at capturing the feeling of that day is phenomenal. I can't stop looking at the over 900 photos she sent my way. My only complaint is how hard it will be to select photos for our wedding album. Her site has an option to buy prints, and makes it really easy to share with our family and friends. I loved working with Lauren and I know you will too!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Kate · Married on 12/29/2017

We are so lucky we came across Lauren! We heard about Lauren through a friend who had used her for mini-sessions and had incredible things to say about her and her work!! Having just recently gotten married and being unable to include our dog on our wedding day, we reached out to Lauren to schedule a portrait session with our dog and she was extremely responsive and flexible! She was enthusiastic, friendly, eager to make the portrait session work with us (despite her jam packed schedule for wedding season) and completely professional! My husband and I felt completely comfortable with Lauren, she makes a photo shoot feel like you're working with an old friend! She arrived right on time, stayed late and made sure we took every photo we could possibly want and more! She has a great eye giving just the right amount of direction that the photos come out beautifully but are still completely natural. Beyond being an amazing photographer (the photos came out amazing and we are absolutely thrilled!) she is an actual dog-whisperer! She, along with For the Love of Paws Boston, got our crazy, very high energy, pup to sit still and photograph beautifully! If you're looking to include your pets or animals in your photos, looking for beautiful photos, looking to find a friend in your photographer or just want amazing, professional, quality photographs, you have to check out Lauren Dobish!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Kerry · Married on 12/02/2017

Please choose Lauren as your wedding photographer...she is phenomenal!!!

My now husband and I were overwhelmed with the vendor selection process and I found myself searching hashtags on Instagram when I came across Lauren's page. We are so lucky to have found Lauren - she was the best part of our wedding planning/vendor process.

Lauren was extremely responsive to e-mails, so friendly during our intro call and subsequent planning calls, flexible with weather and location changes for our engagement shoot (an inclusion of our dog, Hooch!) and put together a day of schedule for us to be sure we didn't miss any important pictures. She is incredibly thoughtful, mindful of special details and just an overall expert as what she does. Her patience and attention to detail made our wedding day absolutely perfect.

The pictures from our engagement shoot and wedding day are incredible. Our family and friends are equally blown away by her work and continue to talk about how professional and kind Lauren and Paul were at our wedding. We are so lucky to have these memories documented for us and can't thank Lauren enough!

Sent on 01/04/2018