Lauren DeCosimo Reviews

9 | Washington, DC

9 Reviews for Lauren DeCosimo

Christy · Married on 04/27/2018

Lauren is the best!! She came to the bridal suite to style hair for me, my bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother in law. She is efficient and incredibly talented. I have seen my mom do the same thing to hair for the last 15 years, but Lauren gave her a style that looked special and beautiful on her (and I swear it lasted 3 days). Lauren knew what our morning timeline was and was so wonderful about keeping all the girls on track, even giving the makeup artist (who I hired separately) time checks when she was behind. It was really nice to not have to be the person reminding everyone how much time we had left...Lauren really made me feel so much calmer! I am so happy with how my wedding hair came out, and thought all my bridesmaids looked beautiful as well. Lauren is sweet and outgoing and was such a fun addition to our morning getting ready. I couldn’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Patrice · Married on 10/27/2017

When I think of Lauren and the experience I had with the her from pre-trial all the way until the day of my wedding, one word sticks out amongst the rest....and that is simply AMAZING! I had first seen her work while I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding. Although I was only a bridesmaid, she not only helped guide me to figure out what kind of hair I wanted, but kept having me go to the mirror to see if we were going in the right direction. She actually cared about me and wanted me to be happy with my hair no matter what my position in the wedding was. That day, I couldn't get enough compliments on my hair, and I knew a few years later when I got married, she would be the one I would go to. Just 2 days ago, I was married and the experience with her was flawless. She was able to perfectly execute 8 girls total in a matter of 5 hours! And no, not a rush job either. My girls were obsessed with their hair AND their hair was still in tack at the end of the night. Like she did with me, she had them go and check in the mirror and any little tweaks the girls would need, she was willing and able to fix with no problem. As for myself, I wanted a quick change from the trial we originally had and she was able to improv and make the the style look even better than I could imagine. When we were done, she even stayed around and was willing to wait until I needed my veil set in. If you want someone that is PROFESSIONAL, PATIENT, KIND, CARING, TALENTED, and KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING, I highly suggest you book Lauren now! I will continue to recommend her over and over again, no questions asked. And if you get to read this Lauren, thank you so so so much for everything! You helped to make my special day that much better!!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Lindsay · Married on 05/27/2017

Lauren was great to work with for my wedding. From our trial, she was great about listening to what I wanted and working with my hair type. With a ton of really fine, straight hair, I have never been able to get it to stay in an updo until Lauren, who managed it beautifully, and it lasted all day throughout dancing! She does beautiful work on updos, especially in the back, and I got tons of compliments on how well my hair went with my dress. I was just as impressed by her work on my bridesmaids and mother-in-law. She did a great job of matching each person’s hairstyle to their personal style, which I think is just so impressive considering that she was meeting them all for the first time. But while they were all different, they were all just really classy. Lauren was great to work with day-of — she was punctual and relaxed and it was fun to hang out with her while everyone was getting ready.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Lauren was the absolute best! When I went for my hair trial I didn't even have to show her a picture of what I wanted, it's like she read my mind.
    My wedding started at 11am, which meant starting hair and make-up for my bridesmaids, the moms and myself at 4am. Not only were Lauren and Erika (make-up) on time, but they came in with a smile on their face...and a box of munchkins. Everyone looked fantastic when they were done! When Lauren finished my hair, it looked even better than the trial. Lauren helped put my veil on before I left for pictures. My wedding ceremony and reception were outside in June and it was hot out, but everyone's hair and make-up lasted the whole day. My hair and make-up were still going strong at 7:30pm over 15 hours later. Lauren and Erika were a joy to work with and they made the entire process easy and stress free. I only wish I had another event I could use them for. People are still commenting on how beautiful everyone looked.

Side note: My mother-in-law does not wear make-up or like getting her done, and I persuaded her into it because she would look much better in the photos. Lauren and Erika worked really well with her to still keeping her "natural" look and just enhancing it. I'm still getting complements on how nice she looked.

Sent on 07/06/2014
  • User2742016 · 2+ years ago

Lauren did the hair for myself, 6 bridesmaids, and both the mother of the bride, and the mother of the groom. That's a total of 9 people! She arrived on time, and finished everyone right on time ready for pictures. She even stuck around to make sure my veil got placed in the right spot securely. Everyone's hair looked beautiful, and held up through the whole night of dancing. Everyone had their own unique look, while still fitting together with one theme. She was fun to have around while getting ready, and would I would recommend her in a heartbeat. Feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to send pictures of her work!

Sent on 12/26/2013

Marina · Married on 12/15/2012

Lauren came recommended by another vendor that I hired for my wedding, after my hair stylist cancelled on me due to personal problems. I am very picky about my hair, especially for the wedding, it had to be exactly what I wanted and Lauren knew exactly what it was after taking 1 look at the semi fuzzy picture on my computer screen. She came to my apartment to do a tried for me and my mother in law and ended up making us look like we were ready for a party.
    On the day of the wedding Lauren showed up on time with a big smile on her face and went to work making up me and my 4 ladies in waiting. I still get rave reviews from one of my sisters in law about how great she looked for my wedding. I loved my hair and recommendations that Lauren made improved the original style a lot. My husband loved it, I loved it. Lauren is a lovely person and very easy to work with, very flexible with adapting to your schedule and needs.

Sent on 02/13/2013

Lauren was incredible. She was able to do my entire wedding party and family with her team, each one more pleased then the next. Her talent and passion for hairstyling was apparent and appreciated. Her patience and timeliness made the day as smooth as possible.

Sent on 10/02/2012

2.0
      2.5

I used Lauren for my hair on the day of my wedding. I did a trial with her for my wedding and believed that since she was professional with a contract that this would be a good fit. Lauren was pressuring my bridesmaids and I to be at my wedding venue before 8 am when we needed to be ready by 1 pm. I told her this was not doable. She then arrived twenty minutes late with a helper who was never mentioned. She was beyond stressed out and created a level of anxiety that she brought in to a calm soothing place. Her friend was not very good at hair, she was doing teenage prom/sweet 16 hair and not adult bridesmaid girl hair. Lauren was making it very obvious that she had another client after our group and needed to leave. One of my bridesmaids went before me and when she got up I realized that the way Lauren and I had agreed to do my hair she had just done on a bridesmaid. I wasn't going to get upset so I sat down in the chair. She asked me what I wanted her to do, like we had not done a trial and was unprepared to see me. I told her she had been at my house on the specific date and after attempting to find the photo on her phone she realized her mistake. This created an issue but I wasnt going to take on her anxiety. She was rude to a bridesmaid and was clearly rushing through us. We took all of our photos and then did the ceremony. My hair, as the bride, was falling apart prior to the ceremony. I was highly unhappy with her service. I was a calm bride and chose people who would create a relaxing environment for me. She was not relaxing, calm or soothing.

Sent on 12/12/2013

2.0
      0.5
      1.0

Lauren did the hair for my best friends wedding. For the trial she was very late and promised she would be on time the day of. Said she is never late and this was a one time thing. The bride believed her because sometimes things are out of our hands. The week of the wedding my friend confirmed the time, location and was told that she would bring an assistant. The morning of the wedding the bridal party went to her house at 6 am to get their hair done. An hour later Lauren still isn't there. I called her three times and left a message. We had her house number and had no choice but to call. Her dad answers and puts me on hold to wake her up!! A few minutes later the bride gets a call from her which I answered because on her wedding day she was upset! She asked me what I expect her to do. Ten minutes later she comes in and doesn't even apologize. She also didn't have a helper like was originally agreed upon. The mother of the bride and matron of honor had to go out to a place last minute to get their hair done because there wasn't enough time. Some of the girls hair fell out before the reception. When's he did the brides hair she apologized but gladly took her money. I would never recommend her to anyone needing her services.

Sent on 10/22/2014