L'Auberge Del Mar Reviews

L'Auberge Del Mar 6
L'Auberge Del Mar 7

Tailor Price · Married on 09/27/2019

My perfect day

The best place for a wedding. The best staff imaginable. Unmatched beauty. Katie is the BEST. She made everything easy and was a dream to work with. If you want a more detailed review from me, check out the knot. I said it all there... or enough. Because I could go on for days. You get what you pay for & L’Auberge delivered everything and more!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Nina

Nina Sughrue · Married on 07/06/2019

Very Happy

I can't say enough about L'Auberge. The team at the hotel is so professional, flexible, and helpful. The venue itself is spectacular. The food was amazing. Everything was perfect - we couldn't have been happier with how our wedding went. A beautiful experience we will hold close to our hearts forever.

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Christ · Married on 01/26/2019

Perfect beach wedding - without the messy beach

When staring our wedding planning process we knew theee things:
    1. It needed to be in the winter due to my husbands work
    2. I despise the cold so we would need to travel somewhere warmer
    3. We still wanted a certain level of elegance
    L’Auberge Del Mar worked for all three of these. The first thing I noticed was that the resort overlook the ocean, but guests never set foot in the sand. So I could pick any dress code I wanted! Once I finally visited I was completely in love. Every staff member at the hotel treats every guest like gold, always working to fill any request. This proved to be even more true when it came to wedding week. We were greeted with a special note from Katie offering g her help for any requests. We had a few packages shipped and they were brought to us, the. They delivered our guests room welcome bags. At the rehearsal and welcome happy hour everyone was attentive and the space (Kitchen 1540 patio) was perfect for our crowd. Then the morning of the big day came and they had the Jade boardroom set with a delicious breakfast, then later lunch. Throughout the entire day and night staff were not in the way, but were readily available to accommodate any of my guests’ requests. We received SO many compliments about the venue from our guests, including “I have been to theee destination weddings in the last year and this was hands down the best ever”. One of my uncles who is ALWAYS ready to go home from a vacation didn’t want to leave! When we finally went up to our room for bed, they had brought up wedding cake, items from our taco bar, and a few other special treats. We felt everyone at L’Auberge Del Mar wanted to help make our wedding the BEAT DAY EVER

Sent on 02/10/2019
    L'Auberge Del Mar 21
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 10/27/2018

Chic, Coastal Destination Wedding

We selected L'Auberge Del Mar as our venue for our mid-sized destination wedding of 70 guests, and could not have made a better choice. I was able to work with Robin and her team to plan the entire event with ease and perfect execution on the day-of. I am detail oriented- so appreciated that the entire set-up, table arrangements, chairs, linens, menu selection and dinner timeframe were all delivered exactly as planned. Each event space is beautiful and open concept with breath taking views. Their service was professional, timely and flexible with requested changes. Ultimately our wedding day exceeded our initial vision, making it an unforgettable weekend for us and our guests. Thank you so much!
    -Audrey

Sent on 11/15/2018

antoinette sullivan · Married on 10/20/2018

Personal Touch

It was such an easy decision to get married at L'Auberge! From the moment we met Katie, our coordinator, and walked the property we received nothing but personalized attention and care towards our event. The backdrop of the San Diego coastline combined with architecture and décor of a Hamptons Cottage was the perfect ambience for our East meets West wedding. Katie went above and beyond to ensure every detail of our wedding was accommodated, even down to our custom favors. Another big highlight for us was that L'Auberge only hosts one event an evening. It sets this venue apart from others in the San Diego area and helped us achieve the intimate, unique feeling for our big day! We couldn't be happier, thank you so much L'Auberge Del Mar :)

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Eilly

Eilly · Married on 12/02/2017

L'Auberge was an absolute dream venue for us from the moment we first visited it. Our venue search was fairly minimal since L'Auberge was one of the first venues we looked at. I had seen the hotel a few times while my Dad was temporarily living in La Jolla and knew I wanted to look at it from the moment we got engaged. The moment we stepped foot onto the property and met with the wedding coordinator at the time (no longer there, but the current coordinator, Robin, is great too!), we knew it was a done deal for us. We were absolutely in love with it. Both the property and the staff made it an easy decision. From a pricing stand point, it definitely is not inexpensive, however, now that our wedding is done, I can say it is worth every penny!

Throughout the planning process, Robin and the rest of the staff were incredibly prompt in their communication with us. Any question I had was answered pretty much immediately. They were also very flexible with us in helping bring our wedding vision to life. They wanted to make sure our day was perfect for us. Now for the wedding weekend! Absolutely magical. The hotel staff treated us and our guests like royalty the entire weekend. I truly can't say enough positive things about them. The ceremony at Seagrove Park was truly breathtaking. Our guests were blown away. We also loved that we were able to split the reception up into a few different locations at the property--cocktail hour on Sunset Terrace, dinner on the roof, and dancing in the ballroom. Every portion of the day was a dream come true and the staff and Robin at L'Auberge are a huge part of this. They worked with Bree (our planner from I Love You More Events) and all our vendors to execute such a perfect day. Also, I must mention how many compliments we got on the food! Wedding food can be tough, but not at L'Auberge. Everyone gave it a rave review! We can't thank the staff enough for helping give us the best weekend of our lives. We can't wait to get back there!!

Sent on 12/27/2017
    L'Auberge Del Mar 26
    L'Auberge Del Mar 27
    L'Auberge Del Mar 28

L'Auberge Del Mar's reply:

Working with you was a dream- a vision brought to life. L'Auberge is so honored to be your chosen venue for this most special day and we love hearing how incredibly special we make our brides feel! We'll see you back for your anniversary and hope to see you celebrating each year thereafter.

Laura · Married on 10/27/2017

We had an amazing experience at L'Auberge. Everyone was so attentive and helpful. We couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/23/2017

How do you even BEGIN to describe the best day of your life - at the best venue in the world?!?
    L'Auberge Del Mar is breathtakingly beautiful - a perfect setting for the perfect day filled with all your friends and family. Our guests came from all over the country and they were blown away by the beauty of the venue and the location - saying "they've never been to a wedding this beautiful!!"
    Robin and her team were BEYOND fantastic, making sure that every with was absolutely perfect throughout the planning process and, of course, the day of. I was so happy that I did not have to stress one bit the day of our wedding because I knew they would take care of everything. I was also so appreciative that Robin took the time to meet with me and my family the day before the wedding to walk through everything once more to ensure everything was good to go. Her positive and easy going attitude, combined with her professionalism and organization made for stress-free wedding planning, which is virtually unheard of!
    We also received tons of compliments on how helpful / customer-service oriented the L'Auberge staff was - especially the valet team - the definition of white glove service!! They even took the time to remember all the names of our wedding party! That made everyone feel really special. The banquet captain was also unbelievably helpful and attentive - making sure everything went smoothly and our guests were fed and happy!
    All in all, I can't recommend this venue highly enough. I am so thankful that we were able to have our special day in such a beautiful setting. MANY thanks to Robin and her all-star team at L'Auberge - we are SO appreciative of all your help and hard work in putting together our wedding!! <3

Sent on 12/01/2017
    L'Auberge Del Mar 36
    L'Auberge Del Mar 37
    L'Auberge Del Mar 38

L'Auberge Del Mar's reply:

Thank you Courtney! It was an honor and our pleasure to have your wedding with us at L'Auberge. We hope to have you and Rich return again and again to walk down memory lane and reflect on your incredibly special day at our stunning home by the sea!
    XO- Robin

Ashleigh · Married on 08/13/2017

Most Amazing Wedding Venue Ever!!! First I must say that Robin Naluai (director of catering) is the primary reason that I had such a spectacular wedding and overall experience at L'Auberge. She is the most wonderful, patient and caring person I have ever come into contact in the hospitality business and her expertise and hand holding made my destination wedding an amazing success (we were planning from DC). L'Auberge and its staff are capable of making all of your dreams come true!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    L'Auberge Del Mar 39
    L'Auberge Del Mar 40
    L'Auberge Del Mar 41
    L'Auberge Del Mar 42

L'Auberge Del Mar's reply:

Ashleigh- you are a doll. Thank you for your kind words. L'Auberge Del Mar was honored to be your chosen venue. And what a gorgeous bride you were!!! I hope you are enjoying wedded bliss and should I ever find myself in your neck of the woods- I will come to check out your ranch and saddle up :)

Laurie · Married on 04/10/2016

This was a beautiful experience for my husband and I. Perfect in every way. Such a gorgeous setting at Sunset. The weather turned out great, we had expected rain all weekend. Our wedding planner was on with everything. She helped us in everyway with vendors and kept us on time. L'Auberge Del Mar is a beautiful location for a wedding and reception. We had so many compliments. Our guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been too. The service was great.

Sent on 05/26/2016

We looked at venues in Santa Barbara (Four Seasons), Palos Verdes (Terranea Resort), and San Diego and we chose L' Auberge. The location is fantastic and the service and attention to detail was top notch. Our guests still talk about it almost a year later. Perfect day all around. Thanks to Adele for all her diligence and flexibility in assisting us with the plans and keeping things on track before and during the wedding

Sent on 09/03/2015

The view from the hotel is beautiful, staff couldn't have been more helpful, and the food was amazing!

Sent on 12/05/2013

Paula · Married on 11/09/2013

Elizabeth and Adele are amazing wedding planners and I'd highly recommend them to anyone! I actually got to enjoy my wedding and not stress thanks to these gals!! :)

Sent on 11/18/2013

L'Auberge was definitely a venue that was a dream come true!!! The staff and atmosphere were fantastic!

Sent on 06/11/2013
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 08/11/2012

L'Auberge was the perfect setting for our August wedding. The staff and corrindator were truly exceptional. Thank you to all for an increible wedding and memories to last a lifetime.

Sent on 08/15/2012
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn · Married on 09/10/2011

The perfect place to have a sophisticated and fun beach-front wedding. The venue is a bit pricey, but the staff there is fantastic at working with your budget to make sure everything stays within your means. All of our guests loved how beautiful the venue was and complimented the hospitality of the entire hotel and catering staff. Even if I had twice the budget to spend, I would still have chosen L'Auberge. Can't beat this property for it's classy, but non-stuffy appeal.

Sent on 10/08/2011

shannon · Married on 10/01/2010

L'Auberge Del Mar was perfect. I say that and mean it in every sense of the word. I planned my wedding from New Orleans. Alison Sansom was amazing and made planning a destination wedding seem like a walk in the park. She was so thorough and patient, never pushy. I couldn't have asked for someone better to help plan the biggest day of my life.

From the first time we visited L'Auberge, until the day after the wedding when the valet guy was handing me our leftover cake as we left for the honeymoon, it was perfect. They are extremely detail oriented which i appreciated through this whole journey. I can't say enough in one review, I also can't emphasize how MUCH I loved L'Auberge. It was amazing how many of our family and friends came up to us after the wedding and asked how I found L'Auberge. The compliments of everyone who attended, confirmed what my now husband and I thought from the beginning. It was a beautiful place with the most professional staff there with us every step of the way to make sure things went smoothly. I was able to enjoy myself the entire night and not worry about a thing because I knew Alison had planned for and taken care of every last detail.

For anyone looking for a venue, you will NOT be disappointed with L'Auberge. They will truly make your wedding a dream come true.

Shannon O'Hagan Frisch

Sent on 01/12/2011
  • bluegreenrhino

L · Married on 08/23/2009

L�Auberge is simply the best venue anyone could have a wedding!! VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. You must take the time to visit this venue when planning your wedding. We were married at Sea Grove Park and had the reception at the hotel. The hotel staff was amazing. Our guests say it was the best wedding they have ever been to and I think it had a lot to do with the location!

Sent on 08/29/2009
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 04/26/2009

L'Auberge was absolutely beautiful and classy and the service and friendliness was exceptional. I had Terri Gentry in charge of my wedding and she was phenomenal! Extremely accomodating and very prompt on any and all questions that I had. The food and service was incredible and they provided everything that was needed (if it was planned or last min) with absolutely no problems. The location is so beautiful and the views incedible. I liked that the venue was very refined while not being stuffy. It is very light and open and has a very San Diego and beach feel to it. They also set up Seagrove Park very beautifully. It was a dream come true and the venue and people were an so easy to work with.

Sent on 04/28/2009

Nicole · Married on 03/30/2013

When I was searching for a venue, I swear I saw it all, but I'm so picky that of course something was wrong with each of them. I was getting so frustrated, until I happened across a photographer's website with a picture of L'Auberge. I called the next day and went to visit the venue. I pretty much booked it on the spot. It's a beautiful venue with a friendly staff - it couldn't be more perfect. Krissie was my wedding coordinator and she did a wonderful job. I was stress free and so happy on my wedding day. I lost count of the number of guests telling me how beautiful and awesome my venue was.

Sent on 04/02/2013

we worked with adele. she was kind, polite, had a smile on her face and worked through our many many ideas and requests with us.

Sent on 05/19/2013

JING · Married on 12/30/2012

It's an almost perfect experience. Holding our wedding ceremony and reception here worthy every penny. Lovely place and weather is beautiful. Staff here is very friendly!!

Sent on 01/16/2013

Allyson Cataldo · Getting married on 04/04/2020

Chose another venue, but L’Auberge would be amazing for any wedding event.

Even though we ultimately decided to choose another venue for our event, I wanted to leave a review for L’Auberge as I was so impressed with both the property and their Director of Catering Robin. Robin was by far the most professional of any contact for any venue we looked at, and was so helpful in allowing us time to make a decision. She was incredibly prompt and fast in her responses and very willing to work with us - the only reason we chose another venue was due to convenience for our out of town guests. I would highly recommend L’Auberge and Robin for any event you’re considering in San Diego.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Dakota · Married on 01/01/2018

My wife and I got married on the 1st of January (talk about a day that could have been a wreck). From the very beginning, we had come back to choosing this venue over and over again. Being deployed, my then fiancée, didn’t want to make a decision without me seeing the place in person. We were allowed to place a soft hold on our chosen wedding package. Once I returned, we decided on a whim that we were going to look at the resort and potentially sign our contract. The staff immediately greeted us with open arms and Robin cleared her schedule to make time to show us around. We were assured on the spot that everything would go our way (even if weather didn’t play into our special moment because the patio we chose was outside). Once we signed the contract, the team was in contact with us every few days to make sure our experience was comfortable. Even though we didn’t know for sure what our colors would end up they helped us choose our flowers and everything!! Skip to the day of the of the ceremony. Our weather was absolutely perfect. My wife was given a separate staging area to put on the finishing touches (since we decided not to get ready at the resort that morning). The staff made last minute changes to our set up to make sure that our sand ceremony and all of our 7 guests were comfortable. We were able to use our own officiant even though one was provided (which was really important to my wife). When one of our guests was running late, they even let us hold the time back to make sure everyone made it. We decided to add lunch to our package since we didn’t do a huge ceremony and the staff made all of our people feel like royalty, especially us! A photographer was included, David was absolutely amazing. He got a multitude of shots before, during, and after the ceremony making sure to work with the children in attendance to make sure everyone got in. Our only complaint though not resolved was apologized for countless times (my wife’s name was incorrect on the plaque)

Sent on 01/11/2018
    L'Auberge Del Mar 43
    L'Auberge Del Mar 44
    L'Auberge Del Mar 45

L'Auberge Del Mar's reply:

Dakota- you are fabulous and I so enjoyed every minute of working with you both. Such a lovely couple. The elopement package was a perfect fit for you! Please come visit us again and again!!!

Fabulous experience with L'Auberge, especially with our wedding coordinator, Krissie Simek!

Sent on 10/04/2013