Larkin's Catering and Events Reviews

Larkin's Catering and Events 2
Larkin's Catering and Events 3

Lee Young · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Great Experience!

Our daughter was married in October 2019 at the L venue. Bri did an amazing job! She chose our entire menu and it was delicious! She took care of the sound system with the band and it was perfect! Bri is so easy to talk with and she took care of everything I was concerned about. I highly recommend the L! Thank you Bri for all your hard work and making it a night to remember!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Iana

Iana Amsterdam · Getting married on 05/22/2020

Vendor Visit

I can not go on enough about Larkins. I vewed the L Space and the Sawmill and both were amazing! The team made sure all of my questions were answered and eve after I left they continued to reach out, answer my questions and communicate timely and professionally. They were willing to be extremely flexible with my venue needs as well as my catering needs! Go check this place out they are awesome!

Sent on 04/10/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/11/2019

They did a great job.

They did a great job. I'm glad I was able to reserve them for my wedding. We had a buffet, but they served me and my husband our food straight to our sweetheart table!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Christy

Christy Tuttle · Married on 06/22/2019

Excellent and beautiful venue

This was a beautiful venue and everyone was very easy to work with! They were exceptional at a GREAT price!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Alaina · Married on 11/17/2018

We requested appetizers and an open bar cocktail hour, a seated dinner for 207 guests with an open bar and wine/champagne service during dinner, as well as assistance with serving the cake. The food was perfectly cooked and the right temperature. I don't know how they delivered this with a seated dinner of that size, but I can't imagine the food being any better. Guests have been raving to me about how it was the best wedding steak they have ever had. I would recommend them to anyone. Very professional and on top of it. Expensive but worth it for the best.

Sent on 05/02/2013

Kayce · Married on 11/10/2018

You can't go wrong with the Larkin's team!

Working with the Larkin's team to plan and coordinate our wedding was a breeze. Nicole was so sweet from the first time we met her and she made sure that our ceremony ran exactly how we had imagined it. The bartender/servers that were assigned to our wedding were incredibly nice and they did a wonderful job. Our favorite server from Larkin's, Serenity, even popped up and brought us our favorite drink. Thank you to the entire Larkin's team for making our special day truly one-of-a-kind!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Emily · Married on 09/29/2018

My wedding reception was at Larkin's "L," so this review is for the space as well as the catering. I could not have been more happy with the level of service I received. This is probably a more expensive venue on the spectrum in Greenville, but the value is tremendous. I'd like to specifically thank Nicole at Larkin's, who was ultra responsive, super helpful, and incredibly easy-going while still knowing exactly what she was talking about and making great recommendations. Larkin's has many venues so they've been doing this for a while - trust them and what they recommend, but know that you can ask for something that is off-menu or unique, and they'll be happy to see what they can do. Thank you!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/08/2018

We are so incredibly glad we went with Larkins. First of all, you can’t beat the food. Our people kept coming up to us saying “this food is amazing!” And there was plenty of it. We loved that they had our food ready and waiting for us when we sat down, even though we did a buffet, which meant we actually got a meal in. The bartenders were wonderful, the wait staff so helpful. And our coordinator, Jennifer, was the best. Every question, every issue, she just handled so easily... by the time the wedding day came we were able to relax and enjoy because we had such trust in her. The cabaret room looks amazing in our pictures, and our guests were so thankful we went with an indoor venue and beat the heat. Just can’t say enough good things about Larkins across the board. And an extra tip- get blocks of rooms at the Embassy and Westin- both are within walking distance and our guests were thrilled with the arrangement!

Larkin's Catering and Events 4
    Larkin's Catering and Events 5
    Sent on 09/16/2018

Katy Beth · Married on 03/17/2018

Planning a wedding from out of town can be a bit daunting. However, working with Corie at Larkin's was THE BEST. She took care of everything for me, and even offered suggestions on other vendors to use.

We got married in the Courtyard and had our reception in the Cabaret Room. Everything was beautiful. The food was delicious. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

We also had our Rehearsal Dinner in the Founders Room. My husband is half Filipino, and his family wanted to have Filipino food served. The chef at Larkin's prepared an AMAZING custom menu - I can't even put into words how excellent all of the dishes were.

Larkin's Catering and Events 6
    Sent on 04/06/2018

Tracy · Married on 11/12/2017

Wow! What can I say... I have had to host many events personal and professional and I must tell you....anyone, that this is probably the best service I have ever had! The Dream Team - Jessica, Tessa, Alex, Thelma, and Monica were outstanding! Any request I made they were there to do it or make it better - not challenge it. The wait staff, if you will, had the best attitudes and were speedy in providing all of our needs last night. As we celebrated my mother's 70th surprise birthday...she even notice the quality of excellent, personable service we received. Thank you for an excellent job well done!!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/05/2017

I booked Larkin's within a few weeks of planning our wedding and it was the BEST decision. They have amazing event specialists to walk you through the entire process and work with you to make sure the event is flawless. I was able to drop off my decorations Friday and pick them up Sunday, they made the space absolutely beautiful. Also, the staff team the day of made sure the tables were clear, people had water and we had drinks. All of our guests kept commenting on how amazing the venue itself was too, located within walking distance of all downtown, so everyone had an easy weekend. Planning a wedding from another state was made super easy as they handle the rentals, catering, drinks, setup/cleanup.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2017

We used Larkin's as our Rehearsal dinner spot after the place that we originally wanted booked fell through. What a blessing in disguise that was!! Larkin's on the River was perfect! Kristina was great to work with and always answered any questions that I had very promptly! We used the Founder's room and the space was decorated very elegantly with the centerpieces that Larkin's provided. The food was phenomenal and very affordable as well! We were also allowed to switch out wines for different kinds and beer as well! All of the staff was very friendly and ensured for a fabulous night!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Katie Jane · Married on 10/22/2016

Our wedding reception at Larkin's Sawmill was absolutely amazing! We worked with several people in their events department and all of the details came together beautifully. Dinner was well worth the cost, bar tenders were on top of it all night (and kept a specific bottle behind the counter for my husband and I), and Larkin's worked so well with our other vendors (cake, photographer, band, and florist). I even was able to do my bridal portraits at the Sawmill earlier in the week!

Sent on 11/30/2016
  • Private_User189

Michelene · Married on 10/15/2016

Our wedding was held at Larkin's Saw Mill on North Main and I could not have asked for a better venue. The day was perfect, the guests had a blast, and we would not change a thing. The on site coordinator was incredible and handled any and all issues (including a waterfall from the air conditioner) flawlessly. It is obvious that they know what they are doing--not to mention that the food was incredible. Jessica, the event specialist, worked with us through the entire process and she was FANTASTIC. Her goal is definitely to make the day special we are forever grateful to Larkin's Saw Mill staff for making our day an unforgettable one!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Jenn · Married on 09/24/2016

Larkins was amazing! They were very responsive and helpful through the entire process. We had our reception at the Shirley Roe Cabaret Room. It was absolutely perfect! We had 100 guests and this venue was a great size. Enough seating and dance floor! Although my husband and I only got a few bites of food that night EVERYONE complimented on the food, carving station and over all service! Definitely would recommend using them.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Katelyn · Married on 09/10/2016

Our reception was at Larkins Sawmill at North Main with Jessica helping us. It was absolutely amazing and she was the most helpful! When we made several changes to things, she was right there on board and accommodated anything we needed. I would highly recommend Jessica at Larkins Events to help you with any venues needs. She is the best!!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Liz · Married on 06/05/2015

Look no further for your wedding and catering needs! Larkin's had the entire package. Kristina, Jessica and their staff go above and beyond, and it shows. They truly make sure that every detail is absolutely perfect, and it was just that. I still have guests from the wedding complimenting the food, the venue and especially service (so much that a lot of the pictures I got back from my photographer had pictures of our friends and family with the staff)! Everyone was so professional.. they really make it look effortless. They have the largest choice of venues and cuisine of anyone in the area. Highly suggest Larkin's for ANY event, but they know how to make a wedding magical!

Sent on 07/02/2015

I had the ceremony on the lawn outside and the reception inside at the Sawmill. Everything was beautiful and exactly what I wanted! You tell them what you want and they'll find a way to make it work! Food was great also!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Amy · Married on 05/02/2015

We held our wedding ceremony in Larkin's Courtyard and our reception in the Wyche's Pavilion. The absolute best thing about having your wedding at Larkin's is their experience and professionalism. They are such event experts that I was completely confident that our wedding would be perfect. Jessica was a joy to work with prior to the big day on all of the details and the Larkin's staff did an excellent job during the event. The setting was perfect, food was delicious and, most of all, the service was outstanding. Thanks to Larkin's for helping make it the best day ever.

Sent on 05/31/2015
  • User4302083 · 2+ years ago

No worries when using this caterer.

Sent on 04/19/2015

Thank you so much!

Lori · Married on 04/04/2015

We had our wedding & reception at the Sawmill. BEAUTIFUL! We could not have been more pleased with this venue. The setting was perfect and Billy was great to work with. He met our every need and everything turned out wonderfully. We had tons of compliments on how pretty the venue was and how delisish the food was. I knew I would get married here the first time Isaw the place several years ago!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Shannon · Married on 01/03/2015

Working with Larkins was one of the easiest and first decisions we made when we began planning our wedding. They are one of my favorite restaurants in Greenville and I knew their food would be leagues above the typical wedding food you see. Our contact Jessica made our every request come to life! Our reception started with a cocktail hour with passed hors d'oeuvres. I chose some of our appetizers from their catering menu but the chef was also able to create some custom foods just for us. After cocktail hour we had a sit down dinner. Dinner service was so smooth, and even with 22 tables of guests the servers were still so efficient and calm when passing out courses and making sure each table was attended to. And of course the food was FANTASTIC! Everyone complimented our catering and just raved about the menu! I loved that going into the day I didn't have to worry one bit about the catering, I trusted our contact completely to handle everything and pull together just what we wanted. I just got to look forward to eating the delicious foods we chose on the best day. They are definitely worth every penny!!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Larkin's Catering and Events's reply:

Thanks for the kind words, Shannon! You were a pleasure to work with. Cheers!
    -Jessica

Joyce · Married on 01/03/2015

Larkins is our favorite restaurant in Greenville, so from the beginning we knew we wanted them to cater our daughter's wedding. The food was outstanding. Many of our guests said it was the best they've ever had at a wedding. The chef was wonderful in working early on with my daughter (the bride) on the hors d'oeuvres menu.

We had a sit down dinner (duo of filet and crab cake) and enjoyed every bite. The service was stellar, unobtrusive and attentive without being bothersome. And I cannot say enough about how wonderful their Events Specialist, Jessica Latif is to work with. Professional, helpful, reliable, and organized. Once we booked with Larkins I did not have a single worry about the catering. Highly recommend and will use them again at the first opportunity.

Sent on 01/16/2015

Larkin's Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you, Joyce! We look forward to working with you in the future. Cheers!
    - Jessica

Ella · Married on 06/28/2014

We had our Rehearsal Dinner in the Shirley Roe Cabaret Room, and it was something out of a dream! The exposed brick, beams and lighting created a beautiful setting, and the staff was wonderful. They helped my In-Laws carry everything in and decorate/set up, and made sure that everyone had anything they needed throughout the night. The food was great, we did the pulled pork, chicken, corn, potatoes---a truly southern meal, and the specialty drinks were delicious--bellini's and a raspberry drink (in addition to a variety of beer and wine).
    We had about 60-70 people, and there was plenty of room for tables, the dance floor, buffet line, and the couch/lounge area next to the bar. We were also able to replace some of the pictures they have hanging up with several canvases of our engagement pictures so it made the room really ours for the night! The proximity to the Westin Poinsett (where we were staying) made for a very easy walk so we didn't have to worry about driving/parking, only about a block and a half away, so it was easy for the grandparents and the other elderly members of the family to get there as well.

Sent on 07/24/2014

The · Married on 10/19/2013

We worked with Billy! We used the courtyard and the Shirley Roe room. Billy was fantastic and the rooms were great! Food was outstanding, and well worth the cost.

Sent on 10/28/2013