Lansdowne Resort and Spa Reviews

Lansdowne Resort and Spa 5
Lansdowne Resort and Spa 6
Lansdowne Resort and Spa 7

Noelle · Married on 09/19/2009

YES!!!!! this place is absolutely amazing! the food was delicious and they took such great care of us (not to mention that it was absolutely beautiful). The room we stayed in was huge, and we felt like V.I.P's Aly (who we loved) was our original catering manager, and then just a few short weeks before the wedding she was transfered to richmond (!!!!) luckily Lindsay took care of us without missing a beat and did a stellar job. They did an amazing job, i highly recommend them

Sent on 09/29/2009

Tonia · Married on 08/22/2009

I can not begin to tell you what an incredible time I had this weekend!! Everything was perfect from the time I arrived until the time I left. Everyone at the hotel was so helpful and friendly and such a pleasure. The rooms were great the food was great and then there was the whole event. Thank you so much for making it what it was. The shuttles to ceremony made me not think twice about the weather which was really the only thing that might have put any kind of damper on the wedding. It didn't seem like a single person was remotely bothered by it. The pavilion was perfect, the cocktail hour was great and the reception was top notch. You really made me feel like I did not have to worry about a thing. The service was incredible, every time I turned around there was someone there to make sure I had everything I needed. Really I can't stop thinking about what a PERFECT night it was. Thank you for all your help through the whole planning process, the e-mails, the phone calls, everything was smooth and, well...perfect! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your help!!

Sent on 08/25/2009

Laura · Married on 08/08/2009

It's been almost six months since our wedding at Lansdowne and guests are still talking about what a beautiful ceremony and reception it was. We felt like VIPs throughout the entire weekend and can not imagine a more perfect place for our dream wedding.

The surroundings and atmosphere were absolutely beautiful - our guests loved their luxuorious hotel rooms and the fun activities around the resort (the pool was huge hit!). We had a great time at Stonewall's Tavern - dancing until close both nights! The Terrace was a perfect spot for our ceremony and we had no weather worries knowing the Pavilion was a beautiful alternative in the case of inclement weather. The Clubhouse Ballroom was ideal for the cocktail hour and dinner/dance reception. The entire staff was very responsive and accomodating - as a result, the evening went off without a hitch. We were able to relax and enjoy our wedding weekend without worrying about anything.

Lindsay Forseth did a fabulous job - very professional, calm, organized, and helpful. With her good taste and experience, we had no need to hire an outside wedding planner. She guided us every step of the way and was a joy to work with.

One piece of advice - remind your guests to bring their IDs, as the resort is careful about checking for underage drinking.

We were thrilled with our choice of holding our wedding at Lansdowne Resort and would highly recommend Lansdowne and Lindsay to friends and family who are planning their weddings.

Sent on 01/07/2010
  • angel

angeline · Married on 07/31/2009

We worked with Aly Killian she was very professional and a joy to work with. Our wedding Reception and food was just amazing.

Sent on 08/27/2009

Ashleigh · Married on 07/04/2009

I loved everything there was so offer at Lansdowne. I worked with Lindsay Forseth and recommend her to anyone. She was responsive, patient, flexible and unbelievable accommodating! We loved working with her and appreciate the time she dedicated to us when responding to emails, meeting us at Lansdowne for meetings, showing us around Lansdowne, running through our rehearsal with us. She helped to make our day a flawless event!
    Lansdowne was remarkable! The venue is unbelievable, the views are breathtaking and the staff is extraordinarily kind. We felt like we were treated like royalty and that Lansdowne did not miss a beat. The experience was one I will never forget and it was worth every penny.

Sent on 05/12/2010

Alejandra Duarte · Married on 04/24/2009

We had our reception at the Lansdowne Resort clubhouse and we couldn't have been happier with our event. The ballroom at the clubhouse has an amazing terrace that overlooks the Potomac River and it was exactly what we wanted. It was a ballroom without the claustrophobic ballroom feel. We also had a lot of privacy since we were the only event at the clubhouse, which is located apart from the rest of the resort and has its own parking lot.

Leslie Coe was an excellent wedding coordinator and I would recommend her to anyone. There wasn't a request we could throw her way that she couldn't accomodate for us. Everyone at Lansdowne made our wedding incredibly memorable, gorgeous and amazing. All our guests loved the resort as well.

My only complaint, one of Leslie's assistants sliced into our cake before we got a chance to. I know she meant well (she thought it would make things easier for us), but in actuality we felt robbed. I think we could have managed to cut it ourselves without the extra help. Just a warning... wherever you end up having your wedding, DON'T let anyone do that. It'll really make you sad afterwards.

Sent on 06/26/2009

maureen · Married on 03/21/2009

We were thrilled with Lansdowne for my daughter's wedding. Our event manager, Lindsay, was amazing. She really listened to us and managed to produce just the atmosphere we were looking for - elegant dinner/dance. She went over and above the call of duty, and she was always a responsive phone call or email away. The food was excellent, the venue was beautiful (Golf Club), and there was room for people to spread out on the terrace and in the foyers. Everyone raved - no conference fare here. I can't say enough about Lansdowne's willingness to work with us to create a superb experience.

Sent on 04/02/2009

Tymica · Married on 08/08/2008

Lansdowne was a picture perfect venue to have my wedding. After taking one look at the waterfall terrace I said this is the place! I did not want to look any further! The staff was very professional, especially Lindsay Forseth. She was always very polite and ALWAYS got the job done-----NO QUESTIONS ASKED! She was able to provide me with ideas when my mind was drawing a blank. If she could not answer my questions she would do a little research and find me an answer. NOW that is service!

Sent on 10/07/2008
  • F

Frances · Married on 06/01/2008

The first time I visited Lansdowne, I knew that that was the place I wanted to be married at (and that was before I knew I would be getting married). The Catering Sales Manager (Alyson Margoni Killian) was wonderful, and really knew what she was doing. No matter how many times I called her to discuss things with her she always had a smile in her voice. Having to plan a long distance wedding she really made me fill comfortable and assured me that I had nothing to worry about. She was always available, helpful and offered suggestions when I was too tired to think pass my nose.

Sent on 11/02/2008
  • Kurt Hall

Kurt · Married on 05/19/2007

We had a great time at our rehearsal lunch at Lansdowne and were very pleased with their flexibility and service. We arrived late to lunch off the golf course, which was not a problem. We also had them make a cake for the lunch which was absolutely delicious.

Sent on 05/21/2007

Hannah · Married on 06/17/2006

The quality of service at Lansdowne is top notch. We even had a switch in catering managers halfway through, and the process was still seamless. They go above and beyond to try and make your day just the way you want it. Additionally, we had wanted to use an outside Korean caterer (in addition to the Lansdowne buffet) - which they normally don't allow. However, they were flexible enough to allow us to use an outside caterer. Everyone loved the hotel and the food!

Sent on 11/15/2006

Christina · Married on 04/14/2018

We recently got married at Lansdowne in the middle of April and our wedding day went so incredibly smooth! Leslie is an absolute amazing person to work with. She always responded quickly to the several questions I sent throughout the past year and offered helpful advice on many occasions. I know without her, our day would not have been as well planned out. During the reception the banquet manager made sure to check in on my husband and I as well as my parents and other guests to make sure we were never in need of anything. The food was fantastic too! My guests keep telling me how delicious their meal was. I would definitely recommend Lansdowne as a wedding venue. The entire staff we worked with was wonderful and their expertise allowed all of us to truly relax and enjoy the day!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Neha & Rohan · Married on 07/01/2017

We had a lovely wedding at Lansdowne this past July 2017! Leslie was very responsive right from the beginning when we visited for the first time. She was prompt in getting back to us with information and very organized during meetings which was much appreciated during a stressful time! On our wedding day, everything ran exactly on time, which is rare to happen at weddings!
    The venue itself is beautiful and we loved how our photos came out with so much greenery in the background. Our guests loved staying there for the weekend and it became a memorable family reunion.
    Lansdowne will always hold a special place in our hearts and we would definitely recommend working with Leslie, who put our minds at ease throughout the whole process!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/24/2017

Working with Leslie Eyster was an absolute pleasure. She made my wedding planning a breeze. I had my reception at Landsdowne and it was beautiful. Leslie and the staff at Landsdowne were extremely accommodating, professional, and made sure myself, my husband, and all my guests were taken care of at all times. Leslie was very responsive and took the time to listen to my wants and needs for the big day. The food was delicious, the space was great, the grounds are breathtaking, and all restaurants and rooms were very clean. I highly recommend Landsdowne for any event or a weekend getaway!

Sent on 08/23/2017

We had our wedding on April 30th in the clubhouse and let me say, if you want a fabulous wedding, book it at Lansdowne. We had a multicultural wedding (Filipino & Iranian to be exact) so there were various traditions that we integrated into everything from the first dance to the desserts. We even had one of our ceremonies on the back terrace which overlooks the golf fields and the river...what a magnificent view! The Lansdowne team made every effort to accommodate and meet every one of our requirements including the cultural customs. Lansdowne provides you with a lot of perks for booking with them including a bridal suite for the wedding day and night which was luxurious and quite a convenience to have! Our catering coordinator, Leslie Eyster, was GOLDEN. She was so cheerful, professional, and supportive and was with us in every step of the reception planning process. She really tailored our wedding day to be exactly the way we wanted it to be! Also, Hugo the banquet captain treated us like royalty on the wedding day and made we were comfortable (and full!) After the wedding, our guests could not stop complimenting the delicious food, the atmosphere, the view, as well as the staff and the service provided. If you want to have a dream wedding without the huge stress of booking the coordinator, caterer, furniture, room, and cake separately, this is your one-stop wedding venue! A big shout out to the chefs and the the service team for going out of their way for us and to Leslie for making it all happen!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Jeanne · Married on 10/10/2015

Great venue for a wedding. We had rehearsal party, wedding ceremony, reception and breakfast the day after. Food and service were outstanding. Would host another event there without reservation.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Emily · Married on 04/25/2015

My fiance and I considered many wedding venues in NOVA (wineries, Manors, etc.) and were very happy that we chose Lansdowne. Our ceremony was on the Potomac Terrace and our reception was in the Clubhouse Ballroom, which has a great outdoor terrace. We also did our rehearsal dinner there, in the Garden Pavilion. We liked that we could have the ceremony and reception all in one place, and that our out-of-town guests could stay there too. It made everything very convenient and eliminated the need to arrange any transportation between venues. The facilities are beautiful and elegant.

It was great that Lansdowne could handle all of the catering needs on site (food, linens, etc.) and I am glad that we didn't have to have every little thing trucked in on its own and charged for separately. The amount of food our guests received was generous and it was presented well. There were many options for customized linens and food choices, and we liked having so many options.

Lansdowne was great about helping us control costs. We got married on the early end of wedding season and were able to work with the staff on a modified wedding package that fit our needs and budget. Christina Gibson was our wedding coordinator and she was terrific the whole 9 months that we worked with her. She worked with us every step of the way and was friendly, courteous, and professional the whole time. She responded promptly and cheerfully to the many emails I sent her with detailed questions about each element of the wedding events. Our wedding planning experience went smoothly and she played a big role in making it go as well as it did.

The actual wedding day went mostly flawlessly and we were thrilled with how beautifully it turned out. I would definitely recommend Lansdowne as a wedding venue in NOVA - especially for the convenience of having everything on-site and the benefit of working with a venue that does dozens of weddings a year and really knows what they're doing in that regard.

Sent on 05/24/2015
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/17/2014

Our wedding was perfect! The food was great, the location was beautiful, and everyone had all good things to say. Our wedding ran smoothly and without any conflicts. We worked with Christina and she was able to customize our wedding to fit our budget and make sure that we had everything taken care of. I would definitely recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Matthew · Married on 05/03/2014

We had our wedding on 5/3/14 at Lansdowne Resort. We worked with Leslie Eyster (event planner) and Cate Tsinger (room block manager).

We had a large wedding--250 guests. The vast majority of them stayed at the hotel, and Cate made sure that they got excellent rooms, clustered together and at great rates.

Leslie was unreal. We had a 150+ person rehearsal dinner, a 250 person wedding and a huge morning after brunch. Leslie did an flawless job putting everything together and making sure that everything came off as planned and without a hitch.

The hotel staff is 5 star hotel caliber. Everyone was amazing.

Lansdowne is an spectacular place to host a wedding. Because we had so many out of town guests, we wanted somewhere where people could hang out and relax together, enjoy outdoor activities, have great food, etc. The facilities were perfect. We could gather informally in many different outdoor areas (we had 150 people for smores by the firepit after rehearsal dinner), enjoy meals in different restaurants without leaving the property (all excellent), have many options for ceremony locations (we chose to have it outdoors) and the ballroom is beautiful.

Overall, we had an amazing experience. Leslie and Cate get particular props for helping us make this the weekend of our dreams!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Christine · Married on 11/09/2013

Absolutely wonderful! Lansdowne and the wedding coordinator, Renee Russell, could not have been better. Everything was just perfect. My daughter's wedding was a dream come true thanks to Lansdowne and Renee.

Sent on 11/12/2013
  • Raven

Raven · Married on 08/24/2013

It so happens that my husband and I got engaged at Lansdowne Resort and he mentioned looking into having a wedding at this AMAZING location. I thought that the price may be out of my budget. However, Renee Russell, the catering manager, worked with me endlessly to ensure I could have the wedding of my dreams at Lansdowne Resort. My wedding was August 24th at 11am with a 1130 cocktail hour/reception. Everything turned out fabulously!!! My friends often joke that it was the best day party they have ever attended. Renee was extremely instrumental in the planning process. She was very flexible and provided me with tons of ideas. I am a very detail oriented person and no request was too little to take into account. About half of my guests stayed at the property during the wedding. There were also 3 other weddings that weekend and you would not have noticed except for all the welcome gift bags. Since the wedding was during the day, I through an "after party" in Stonewall Tavern for guests to meet up after the wedding. That was a lot of fun.

More details: It rained during the rehearsal. So we didn't practice on the Potomac Terrace but they had chairs setup and ready to go inside at the Waterfall area. For the actual wedding, you can NOT go wrong with the Potomac Terrace. The location is gorgeous with the backdrop of the golf course, Potomac river, and mountains. I was really blessed cause it was a perfect day of 75 degrees in AUGUST!! Wow to say the least. In terms of the food, guests absolutely loved the crab fritters and signature drink I created. They made positive comments on the new york strip and chicken wellington. But, I think the huge hit was the sundae bar we had in addition to the cake. Guests flocked to that area and it was extremely enjoyable for a summer wedding.

Lansdowne made all my dreams come true. There were so many positives about this location I can't name them all on this site. But, I can't thank Renee and her staff enough for everything.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Sarah · Married on 08/17/2013

Choosing Lansdowne was by and far the BEST decision we made while planning our wedding. It set the tone for such an amazing wedding weekend!! Working with Renee Russell was such a pleasure - she was so responsive to every email I sent her (of which there were many!!) and always had a really prompt response time. The entire weekend was perfect - from when my guests arrived on Friday and hung out by the pool, where the drinks and the service were both amazing, to the rehearsal ceremony, bridal suite, etc etc.
    We had 120 guests, of whom 86 ordered steak, and not only did people tell me it was the BEST wedding food they'd ever had, a few people said it was the best steak they'd ever had!! Having the wedding at Lansdowne was so convenient as many of things were handled in-house or coordinated by Renee, including uplighting, food & beverage, the bar, tablecloth rentals, chair rentals, etc. It made planning the wedding a headache-free experience because Renee handled all the details and I just had to make the decisions!
    Our wedding had a brunch the following day and the hotel helped my florist to move many of my centerpieces to the brunch room after the reception ended. The brunch was a huge hit as well - it was so wonderful for our guests to be able to spend the whole weekend together! Everyone was very impressed with the entire hotel facility - the hotel rooms, pool, spa, golf course, and of course the Clubhouse Ballroom!
    I had extremely high expectations for how my wedding would be, and Lansdowne Resort and Renee BLEW ME AWAY!!! I would 110% recommend any brides-to-be to use Lansdowne - just make sure you ask for Renee!!

Sent on 08/19/2013
  • mfrantz

Maria · Married on 07/05/2013

Lansdowne turned out to be the perfect choice for us for a few reasons. One, we had a lot of guests from out of town, so having a location with a hotel was really helpful, and there were plenty of less expensive options nearby for those who couldn't or didn't want to pay the $189 a night cost (which I think was higher than normal because it was a holiday weekend in July... we were told it was closer to $150 when we were thinking of having the wedding in August). The people who did the room block weren't always the most responsive, but overall, that experience was fine.

Two, the ceremony setting - the terrace - was incredible. It was a hot day, but it was absolutely beautiful and breezy, and the terrace was almost completely shaded by our 6pm ceremony, so while it wasn't as comfortable as it would have been if it was 70 degrees, it was actually quite nice. The flowers and mountain views were so nice as a backdrop that we only had minimal decor up there (you could do it... that just wasn't a priority for us).

The reception was in the Clubhouse ballroom, which was beautiful and not too "ballroom-y", which we were trying to avoid. It was the perfect size for our 100 person, 12 table reception, and having the terrace in the back was a nice touch.

And finally, we were never interested in doing a ton of planning and organizing with 50 different vendors, so the package at Lansdowne is perfect in that nearly everything, including our awesome coordinator, Steve, comes with it from the food to the drinks to our room that night. The cost was very reasonable for everything the package included, especially because they were extremely flexible with our food choices and even how we spent the money.

I also want to say that I got numerous comments on the responsiveness and professionalism of the staff AT the wedding, including one guest who said she actually went out of her way to tell them it was the best service she's ever had. They were very attentive to us as well!

Sent on 07/19/2013

We definitely would recommend Lansdowne Resort for your wedding! The facilities are top notch and the service is uncomparable. Its close proximity to the airport (only about 8 miles) makes it easily accessible for those long distance attendees. The Spa, restaurants, pools and golf courses are outstanding. The food is excellent and the staff are more than eager to help you out. It's a little pricey, but you get your money's worth! If you and your attendees are able to spend a the money, Lansdowne is definitely where you want to be!

Sent on 07/06/2013

Everything was great about our special day! From the planning, the rehearsal, the ceremony and the reception! Renee did such an awesome job! She was very quick to respond to all emails and questions. The big day was effortless for me, all I had to do was show up. We gave her the decorations and directions of where everything went, we didnt have to put any of it up ourselves, less to worry about when there is so much going on. She also collected everything from the reception and had it waiting in our suite by the end of the night. What a great experience! The food was amazing and the cake was even better!

Sent on 05/30/2013