Lansdowne Resort and Spa Reviews

Lansdowne Resort and Spa 4
Lansdowne Resort and Spa 5
Lansdowne Resort and Spa 6
Lansdowne Resort and Spa 7

Our daughter's wedding was held at Lansdowne on June 30, 2012, and it was an amazing event thanks to all the staff! Lindsay Forseth, senior catering manager, was an excellent event manager. She was a joy to work, and I would highly recommend her to anyone. Lindsay was always polite, patient, responsive, and accommodating. She took care of everything from start to finish.

Lesley Lynch, executive meeting manager, was a delight to work with in helping to secure a wedding room block for our guests. She was very professional and always attentive to my questions and requests. The hotel staff was great and made sure our guests were taken care of.

The ceremony at the Waterfall Terrace was beautiful, and the Clubhouse Ballroom looked awesome. The food was absolutely incredible, and our guests are still raving about the delicious cocktail appetizers of bacon wrapped scallops, chicken souvalki, and lollipop of New zealand lamb followed by the exquisite filet mignon and crab cake dinners. The banquet staff was professioal, efficient, and very helpful. Azmat, the banquet manager, was top notch with his service staff.

I highly recommend Lansdowne Resort for a great place to get married. It is the perfect wedding venue!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Helen · Married on 06/23/2012

We began our negotiations with a different wedding planner and were a little frustrated with her lack of response and timeliness. When Renee Russell took over the account, we were thrilled. She always called back or emailed us any answers to questiosn we had in a timely manner. She was a total delight to work with! We spent the weekend at the resort -- had the ceremony out on the terrace and the reception in the club house. My daughter made many things and had 2 car loads of "stuff" for Renee to store on Friday night and then put out on Saturday -- all with a smile on her face and everything done perfectly!

The ony little problem, and I cannot lay blame on Renee for this, was the reservation system. People called up and the reservation person could not find the block or said it was full, when it was not -- seemed to be a little confusion there. When we went to the sales manager directly, he fixed our problem and that of not having enough rooms in our block!

All in all -- a wonderful weekend at Lansdowne -- thank you to Renee and all the wonderful staff!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Jackie · Married on 05/27/2012

i had my wedding on 5/27/12 at Lansdowne Resort! I had the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception there. Everything was perfect! Lindsay F. was our coordinator there and she is the best! She really made sure that everything ran smoothly.

May is a perfect time to have a wedding at Lansdowne. Everything is green- we didn't need any flowers at the ceremony.

We used the pavilion for the rehearsal dinner, and it was beautiful, but outdoorsy, and as usual, the food was fantastic. The ceremony was overlooking the golf course.... the pictures could not have turned out better! The reception was in the ball room- we used all 3 rooms and it was perfect for our 235 guests. It didn't seem too "open". We used amber colored uprights to make the room look more cozy/romantic. The food was DELICIOUS! I wish I got to eat more of it! We did the stations option. I got the most compliments on the carving station, mashed potato station, and the crab cakes. I remember from the tasting that these were all good- make sure you eat at your wedding!

The best part about having my wedding at Lansdowne was that everyone could STAY THERE. It was so nice to have all of my friends and family close for the whole weekend. NO one had to drive home after a night of drinking. The rooms were awesome, the pool was amazing, all of the restaurants/food options were delicious! I don't know how we are going to top this wedding- I have 2 younger sisters!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Sue · Married on 05/19/2012

We recently had our daughter's wedding reception at Lansdowne Resort. From the time we contacted Lindsay Forseth in June, 2011 to May 19, 2012 (wedding day), she was extraordinary. She was easy to work with, organized, professional, and always looking out for us. As busy as Lansdowne is, we always felt like "our wedding" was the only one Lindsay was working on. She made us feel very special. Our daughter lived in Boston, and was only able to visit Lansdowne several times. Lindsay was so flexible when scheduling time for linen selection, tastings, and the walk-through. We knew this reception was going to be wonderful and Lindsay was going to make sure of it. She was there throughout the evening, managing things.

Lansdowne is a beautiful venue. Our photographer loved shooting all her wedding photos here. Our guests enjoyed their accomodations, as did we, and we received unbelievable service from everyone at Lansdowne. May 19, 2012 was a day to remember. Thank you so much to Lindsay Forseth and Lansdowne Resort.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Kristen · Married on 04/28/2012

Our wedding at Lansdowne Resort was exceptional. Renee Russell was our Catering Sales Manager, and she was wonderful to work with. Renee is extremely organized and responsive; she definitely gave me peace of mind when I was overwhelmed and exceeded my expectations during the entire planning process. She also ran the rehearsal and helped coordinate all of the events on the actual wedding day, from the ceremony to the reception. I was confident that the entire day would run smoothly since it was in her hands, and it truly did. Lansdowne definitely hires the best of the best.

I would also recommend this venue if you want to have the ceremony, reception and hotel accommodations in the same location, it makes planning a lot easier and it's very convenient for your guests. We were going to have the ceremony outside on the terrace, but unfortunately it rained on our wedding day (good luck for the marriage, right?), so we had it inside with the stone waterfall as the backdrop. Despite the inclement weather, it was still a beautiful ceremony. No matter what happens on your wedding day, you cannot go wrong with Lansdowne. We had 100 guests, so we chose the Riverside Hearth as our reception site. The Riverside Hearth is one of Lansdowne's restaurants that can be turned into a stunning reception spot with the right florist, lighting, and linens. I loved how everything looked and several guests raved about how it all just felt so intimate.

Not only are the coordination and scenery excellent, but the food is to die for (the tasting was one of the best parts about planning a wedding here)! We received a lot of positive feedback from our guests on the hors d'oeuvres, entrees, and cake. I guess most people do not expect to have delicious food at a wedding, but Lansdowne will prove you wrong! I could not have asked for a better experience, and would recommend this venue to any bride that prefers working with people who take pride in the quality of their work.

Sent on 05/16/2012
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 03/31/2012

I can't thank Lindsay Foreseth and the staff of Lansdowne enough for helping us to provide our guests with an incredible wedding. We chose Lansdowne to ensure that our guests had a memorable and comfortable wedding weekend - not just the wedding day. Our guests were impressed with hotel, loved the food, and appreciated how attentive the staff was to their needs. Everything was wonderful!

Sent on 04/12/2012

Krista · Married on 11/12/2011

We had our ceremony and reception at Lansdowne. If I could give them over 5.0, I would. We were thrilled with everything.

Lindsay Forseth was our Catering Manager, but she was much more than that. She was practically our wedding planner. She made suggestions on ceremony and reception ideas throughout the year leading up to it and helped recommend vendors. She was there the entire day of the wedding - calling me in the morning just to make sure I didn't need anything, making sure all the vendors set up everything just right, organizing us to walk down the aisle, helping manage the timeline of the reception, making sure my shoes got back to my suite....you name it!

The food was incredible. I was concerned after the tasting that the same quality wouldn't be repeated for 150 people, but it was. I was disappointed I didn't get to eat as much as I wanted on our day because we were talking to all the guests.

All of the waiters and bartenders were professional. They made sure my husband and I, as well as my mom, always had a drink.

With a lot of out of town family, it was great to be able to spend more than an evening reception together - the men played golf on Friday, the ladies went to the spa, and we all got together for breakfast on Sunday morning. Even though we are local, it had all the perks of a destination wedding without the travel time.

The absolute only problem we had was with a few family members calling to book rooms under our reserved block being told the block was full - when it wasn't, however once I contacted the Reservations Manager or Lindsay - it was taken care of immediately!

Sent on 12/03/2011
  • April

April · Married on 10/16/2011

There is soooo much I could say about Lansdowne. Here just the tip of the iceberg:

- Ceremony Location - ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!! Our wedding was on the back terrace, and it was a perfect day, perfect setting, and fabulous backdrop. We had to add very little to it to make it our own because Lansdowne already takes great care of their grounds.

- Reception - We had the entire ballroom and patio area to ourselves, and it was great. The room setup, little touches Lansdowne puts on the tables for both the cocktail hour and reception, and just the overall look and feel of the room was phenomenal. And the food...I can't say enough...I just wish I could go back and get more!! Our guests raved over the lamb chop appetizers, and couldn't believe we followed that up with filet and crab cake for dinner, and key lime tart for dessert...and that was even before the cake! Our cake was simply elegant and a delicious lemon cake with raspberry and lemon curd filling...delicous!!! Also many thanks to Ms. Millie (banquet manager), our bartender (I can't recall her name but she kept a smile on her face the entire night), and the entire wait staff. They were the best!!

Wedding Planning - unbeknownest to us, Lansdowne provided onsite coordination. Let me tell you, without the help of Lindsay Forseth, I know for a fact our wedding would not have been as great as it was. She was a gem to work with, she has impeccable taste and attention to detail, and she was sooo helpful in making sure our day was perfect. We worked with her from day one, and we are sooo thankful for her and the hard work she put into making sure this day was fabulous. She told us from the start "all you have to do is show up" and literally that's what we did!! She was extremely responsive to the ton of emails I sent her (even thoughI know she was super busy planning other weddings), and on our wedding day she made sure all of our little extras (toasting flutes, reception gift card box, etc) were delivered back to our room. Basically we didn't have to worry about a thing! Hopefully her management is reading this because she should be commended for what a great job she did on our wedding!! Thanks again Lindsay!

Rooms - Our bridal suite and guests rooms were great. The bridal suite was huge, and offered enough space for both myself and my husband to get ready in different areas so that we wouldn't see each other, and at the end of the evening we were given a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to top off a fabulous day.

There's a lot more I could say but I'll sum it all up with THANK YOU LANSDOWNE FOR MAKING OUR DAY AND THIS EXPERIENCE SOOOO SPECIAL!!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2011

Loved, loved, loved having our wedding at Lansdowne Resort. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of from the time we arrived to check out Lansdowne all the way up until the day after our wedding. Also, the wedding packages they offer include alot which is really nice because it's one less thing the bride and groom have to worry about or take care of.

Our on-site coordinator Lindsay was also awesome! She answered all of our questions, alleviated any concerns we had, and was very attentive throughout the entire process. We really didn't have to worry about anything which was a very nice feeling. What a wonderful, smooth, and stress free wedding day we had thanks to Lansdowne Resort and their amazing staff!

Sent on 11/17/2011

F · Married on 10/08/2011

Both of our wedding coordinators Kristen and Noel were excellent, I felt really comfortable from the moment I met them. My husband and I were really pleased with everything, we had our ceremony outside and it was just beautiful the way it was, we didn't add much except for flower petals on the floor. For our reception we didn't want to be indoors so we had it at the pavilion and it was just perfect for us. Our wedding wasn't that big and it accommodated 60 people without any problems. Our entire guest absolutely loved the food and cake, for the amount of money that we paid it was well worth it. I would recommend Noel in a heartbeat for any future brides; she is very professional, friendly and made our wedding day just perfect. So thank you Noel for all you hard work.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Dorothy · Married on 09/10/2011

When searching for a place for our daughter’s wedding. Our criteria was to have a beautiful place for our guests to stay and enjoy, the ability to have an indoor/outdoor cocktail hour, a big ball room with plenty of room for dancing, and The Lansdowne was able to give us that and more. The food was delicious, our guests raved about the crab cakes and the filet mignon with toasted walnuts and gorgonzola cheese. All our appetizers were just amazing, and there was plenty being brought around. The service was terrific from meetings with our coordinator, Lindsay Forseth, to the banquet manager, bartenders and service staff. Everything went smoothly through the event, Lindsay checked in with us frequently to see if we needed anything. After the reception, we were able to reserve the Fire Pit area for our private party with a bartender, just a wonderful way to end the evening with our family and friends.

Sent on 09/15/2011

Suzanne · Married on 09/03/2011

The venue was the first thing I booked almost a year out because I knew it would be a coveted weekend as I wanted to have my wedding on Labor Day weekend since I knew most everyone would have Monday off which would give my guests adequate time to travel back/recoup before returning to work on Tuesday. Therefore I had been in communications with everyone at Lansdowne for about a year before the wedding day actually came. Everyone I worked with was so responsive and professional which is key for me as I am a stickler about people not responding to me in a timely manner as I just think when you are wedding planning it is a much needed touch as you are feeling frantic and typically want responses ASAP so that you can continue on with your planning, which I was able to do with all the timely responses I received from everyone at Lansdowne. I initially began my wedding planning with Leslie Eyster who was fabulous and really helped me create the wedding I wanted around my budget. We were able to cut things out that I didn't feel were necessary so that I was able to cut on some of the cost, which I really appreciated. Later in my planning, the reigns were turned over to Lindsay Forseth, who was a true joy to work with. She was the best day of coordinator that I could have asked for. I mean I seriously felt as if I had booked a weeding coordinator, without actually paying for one, because she pretty much handled everything for me, it was pretty unbelievable. Every time a "crisis" struck (which there were many as can expected with weddings) she had a solution for my problem. She was so flexible and really worked with me through everything. The day of the wedding, I was treated like a queen by all the staff. Lindsay was there all day to help me with anything I needed and everyone there was extremely attentive and responsive to all my needs.

Lansdowne Resort is the best all around package if you are looking for a gorgeous venue for a ceremony & reception with all the bells & whistles which also can serve as a mini vacation spot for your guests to stay the whole entire weekend, if they'd like (perfect for out of town guests!). The outdoor ceremony location is amazing and has a breathtaking backdrop and then just mere steps, with no driving involved, you and your guests can go enjoy a party/reception in an amazing venue filled with wonderful staff who constantly come around and check on you to make sure everything about the day is going as you wanted and will do whatever is needed to make sure they fix anything to conform with your needs and wants.

I cannot say enough about this place! If you are wanting a fabulous wedding you have to come check out Lansdowne resort as an option for your wedding venue otherwise you are truly missing out.

Sent on 09/05/2011

Dana · Married on 07/02/2011

My husband and I selected Lansdowne to hold our ceremony and reception on July 2, 2011. We met with Lindsay Forseth almost a year and a half before the wedding - she was extraordinary to work with from day one. Everyone we had come in contact with at Lansdowne was very responsive, flexible, understanding and very helpful. I enjoyed working with Lindsay because she was very accomodating and patient with our room block, as we had many out of town guests staying at the Resort. She also provided feedback and guidance on other wedding related topics that many wouldn't think a catering sales manager would be willing to assist with. I had her review my ceremony programs and asked for her insight on several ideas I had during my planning. The staff was on point with setting up every detail we requested for the ceremony and reception from rehearsal to rehearsal dinner to our big day! They were super nice to us and our guests and were very professional. On top of all this, Lansdowne is a very beautiful place for such an occassion. The rooms were spectacular and our guests really enjoyed their stay. Thank you Lindsay and team! I wouldn't change anything about our wedding - it was perfect thanks to you!

Sent on 07/15/2011
  • W

Will · Married on 04/30/2011

This is the perfect place to have a wedding. They took care of everything my bride and I didn't want to worry about. They have and awesome ceremony location and they even offer a backup indoor area in case of rain. The staff was fantastic and were always on point to our needs throughout the day. Lindsay Forseth, the coordinator there was the best. She took care of every detail and basically took away any stress we had about the ceremony and reception. To be brief, the food was delicious, the place was gorgeous, and the amenities were awesome. Another thing to consider is that you can have the ceremony, reception, and have guests stay at the same place. Overall I would recommend Landsdowne Resort to any couple looking for a great place to get married.

Sent on 05/23/2011

Heather · Married on 04/15/2011

We used Lansdowne Resort for our wedding ceremony and reception and beyond happy with how our wedding went. Everyone was so helpful from the day we chose Lansdowne as our wedding venue and made the planning process so easy. When we arrived for the big day, everything was beyond my expectations. It is a fabulous venue with great staff, gorgeous views, exceptional food and an overall wonderful place for a wedding. I would recommend brides in this area who want to have an outside wedding ceremony to check out Lansdowne Resort.

Sent on 04/26/2011

Mike · Married on 04/02/2011

Everything was perfect about Lansdowne, Lindsay did a great job with the coordination, the resort was Great, food was amazing, and the service was perfect. The perfect wedding venue!

Sent on 05/09/2011

Erin · Married on 03/05/2011

I got married in March 2011 and had my reception at Lansdowne. I had a fantastic experience. We worked with Lindsay Forseth, now the Senior Catering Sales Manager. She made everything so easy. I didn't have much time to plan my wedding, and I could not have done it without her. She recommended all of my vendors, which saved me a ton of time. Lansdowne is extremely accomodating and honored every single one of our requests. They don't nickle and dime you for little things. They are straightforward and fair. I found their prices in March to be a great value, since it was considered off season. I truly got the best wedding experience I could have asked for. Right down to the last second, Lindsay took care of me and my family. She took care of all the little things I would have forgotten -- the cards, the toasting flutes...they were all delivered safely and soundly to our room. Even though she was probably planning plenty of other weddings, I felt like mine was the only one! I don't know how she does it, but I am grateful I found her. I would highly recommend the ballroom with the big porch...it's a great spot to relax and get some fresh air during your wedding. Lansdowne even arranged for us to have outdoor heaters at no charge. Finally, the food was awesome! I was on a pretty tight budget so I wanted to save money wherever possible. I went with the Classic buffet and it was fabulous. I don't think you can get a bad meal there.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Megan · Married on 01/22/2011

This was such a great place to get married. We had a winter wedding in the clubhouse and it was amazing. The food was awesome and we have gotten so many compliments on it. The staff was friendly, helpful, and organized. I loved working with Lindsay because she never made me feel like I was asking too many questions. Amazing experience!

Sent on 05/29/2011

Sara · Married on 12/31/2010

I just had my wedding at Lansdowne on NYE 2010. It was the best weekend night of my life. Lindsay Forseth was my wedding planner and she was phenomenal! Everything ran so smoothly!!! The room was absolutely stunning. The service was exceptional! The waiters were so attentive! Our personal server was Ozmat and he was awesome! And our cake was beautiful! We had the lansdowne baker write with frosting words all over it. The first tier was places we would been, the second was our favorites (teams, games), the third was sayings between us, and our 4th was our wedding date, the day we got engaged, and our names. It was amazing! Thank you Lansdowne and Lindsay Forseth for giving me the best night of my life and something I will remember forever!

Sent on 02/11/2011
  • F

Fran · Married on 09/26/2010

My daughter was married at Lansdowne on Sept. 26 and it was an exceptional event. I highly recommend Ashley Fenstermaker who was a superb catering/wedding event manager. Our chef was excellent and did a fantastic job decorating the wedding cake with exceptional detail just as my daughter had requested. The hotel staff went out of their way to assist especially on the morning of the wedding when we were uncertain that the weather would cooperate. They set up an indoor ballroom, just in case, and assured us that every detail would be taken care of if the event was moved inside. The weather cleared in time for an outdoor ceremony and the event was picture perfect. We held the reception in the Clubhouse and it is truly a beautiful venue. The bridal suite was luxurious with two balconies and a panoramic view. Lansdowne is a venue that caters to the bride and takes the stress out of event planning!

Sent on 10/02/2010

brittni · Married on 09/17/2010

I just got married at Lansdowne on Sept. 17, 2010, and it was AMAZING. If you're looking for amazing scenery, phonemenial customer serivce, and a luxury high-end wedding, this is your place. Request Lindsay Forseth as your catering manager, as she did an outstanding job, and really ensured everything went seamlessly. I honestly couldn't have been more pleased!

Sent on 09/25/2010

Connie · Married on 06/26/2010

Lansdowne was absolutely the perfect choice for our wedding. Leslie Eyster, the catering manager, is fantastic!! There are no words to accurately describe how wonderful she was during the whole planning process. Her flexibility, excellent communication, and caring attitude were just a few of the reasons why our wedding went so beautifully. Everything from the ceremony room to the cocktails to the reception were set up perfectly and the staff at Lansdowne are really team players. From the gentlemen who help unload the cars (and we brought A LOT of stuff!) to the desk staff to the catering team, it was a truly spectacular weekend and we couldn't have pulled it off without the Lansdowne team. So, Lansdowne Resort comes HIGHLY recommended!!

Sent on 07/20/2010

Tyler · Married on 06/26/2010

Lansdowne Resort was the best place for us to hold our ceremony and reception. We were looking for a resort-type location that had rooms for our guests, that was a one-stop shop for all wedding activites, that was close to an airport, and that had it together when it came to service. Lansdowne not only met our expectations, but far exceeded it. Our guests were extremely please with the resorts service and amenities, while we (the bride and groom) felt completely pampered and catered to. Most of this thanks to our wonderful catering manager, Leslie Eyester. Thank you to all the staff at Lansdowne who made our wedding a beautiful event.

Sent on 07/26/2010
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 05/30/2010

Lansdowne Resort was the PERFECT place for our wedding and reception. Everyone had a wonderful time and dubbed our wedding as a "platinum wedding". Lindsay Forseth, our catering manager was there for us whenever we needed her. Whether a simple question or friendly reminders on when things were due...she made the planning process THAT much easier.

The food is phenomenal, one of our favorite parts was going to the tasting! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful to all of our guests.

I would highly recommend Lansdowne to any bride getting married in the Northern Virginia/DC area. It is top notch and we look forward to spending our first anniversary there!

Sent on 07/19/2010
  • Bunny

Bunny · Married on 05/16/2010

EVERYONE came up to me during the reception and were raving about how beautiful Lansdowne was. They LOVED the food - it was seriously delicious - and couldn't get over how gorgeous the location was. The people at Lansdowne were great and so accommodating. After the wedding everyone we passed congratulated us. I would recommend Lansdowne to anyone looking for the full package - a beautiful space, great food, and awesome people. Our coordinator, Leslie, was great to work with and she's so super sweet.

Sent on 05/18/2010