172 Reviews for Lansdowne Resort and Spa

Family Style (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
172 Lansdowne Resort and Spa Reviews

4.1

We used Lansdowne for our room block and it turned out really well. I was nervous, because there was initial difficulty negotiating our room rate with them. I had a friend who told me their room rate with Lansdowne and the hotel's initial estimate for me was A LOT more than that. But they were willing to negotiate with us (we were just super cognizant of what our friends and family would be able to accommodate). In the end, the facilities are fabulous. My friends loved the pool and waterslide, the workout classes, the golf course and so much more. The quality of the resort is really nice and we hope to go back there for years to come on anniversaries.

Profile Picture Gillian, 7/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Working with Mandy was beyond amazing! She was so helpful, the most responsive out of everyone I worked with and very calming during this stressful process. If it wasn’t for her, I would’ve been very stressed but I knew she had everything under control! The Lansdowne staff was very nice and helpful during our stay there and during our wedding! If you don’t like the look of a ballroom, spend the extra money on white drapes because it makes a huge difference! My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Mandy and the Lansdowne staff! We cannot wait to go back in a year for our anniversary!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/8/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

As the mother of the bride, I cannot begin to describe how magical my daughter's destination wedding weekend was at the Lansdowne Resort and Spa. Every member of the staff was outstanding with their friendly professionalism - from the doormen, to Tamara at the front desk, to spa and restaurant personnel, to Tori in the golf office, to Hugo and his banquet team, and especially our event manager, Leslie, who went above and beyond every expectation.

Leslie was over-the-top helpful with all the little details that make a wedding for 270 out-of-town guests seem effortless. With all the "moving pieces" of organizing a destination wedding weekend (setting up the room block for all our guests, Friday golf outing, Saturday ceremony, reception, and after party, and Sunday breakfast), Leslie and the Lansdowne team created a seemingly flawless special celebration for all. Even little unforeseen issues on the wedding weekend itself were dealt with swiftly and professionally.

The ambiance, the amenities, the spotless rooms, the delicious food (both in the restaurants and for the reception, after party, and breakfast), the golf, and the beautiful grounds, terraces, and ceremony space all contributed to creating a wonderful experience for our guests. I had tears in my eyes when it was time to check out because I didn't want the magic to end. Thank you Lansdowne for helping to create that magic!

Profile Picture Chris, 5/26/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

Perfect location for us to get married as we had a lot of folks coming in from out of town since Dulles is relatively close by. Worked with Grayson who is an absolute gem. Always professional and timely. Leading up to the event she was always accessible and made the experience about as stress free as we could have hoped for. Lansdowne is very lucky to have her.

Profile Picture Tom, 5/18/18, 1 Review
4.7

The venue is beautiful. Our guests truly enjoyed it. Grayson was very responsive and an excellent coordinator. She made sure everything is moving forward very smoothly.

Profile Picture Shahla, 5/18/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

We recently got married at Lansdowne in the middle of April and our wedding day went so incredibly smooth! Leslie is an absolute amazing person to work with. She always responded quickly to the several questions I sent throughout the past year and offered helpful advice on many occasions. I know without her, our day would not have been as well planned out. During the reception the banquet manager made sure to check in on my husband and I as well as my parents and other guests to make sure we were never in need of anything. The food was fantastic too! My guests keep telling me how delicious their meal was. I would definitely recommend Lansdowne as a wedding venue. The entire staff we worked with was wonderful and their expertise allowed all of us to truly relax and enjoy the day!

Profile Picture Christina, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Linens

My husband and I got married at Lansdowne on November 11, 2017. Our coordinator was Leslie Eyster and she was phenomenal! Leslie made herself available and was super accommodating during such a crazy time. We had a lot of DIY decorations (including two 6ft faux trees for the ceremony) and Leslie stored every knick knack in her office and helped set everything up on the wedding day.

The venue was absolutely beautiful. We booked the Clubhouse Ballroom, which has an outside terrace; guests really enjoyed having drinks out there and taking in the view. Hugo was a great help during the reception. He made sure every detail was taken care of; brought my husband and me food and drinks, re-lit all candles that had blown out, packaged all of our DIY décor for us.

I cannot thank Leslie, Hugo and the Lansdowne team enough for a flawless day!

Profile Picture Nazia, 11/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Husband and I got married at Lansdowne Resort and Spa on Sunday, October 8, 2017, and we could not be happier with the venue and team that helped us along the way, specifically Leslie Eyster, who was a pleasure to work with and so accommodating. We highly recommend Lansdowne to anyone looking for a beautiful ceremony and reception location, with an exceptional team of friendly professionals, who go above and beyond to make your special day incredible and memorable! Thank you to Leslie and the Lansdowne team!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We got married at Lansdowne Resort on October 6, 2017. I could not have imagined the day to turn out any better! The venue is beautiful, the rooms are very nice, and the food was AMAZING. The staff was so accommodating and made us feel so special. Leslie was a joy to work with while planning, and Hugo and the staff made the reception stress free and so fun! If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a single thing!

Profile Picture Nichole , 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Can't say enough about our wedding at Lansdowne on Sept 9, 2017 - it could not have been more perfect! We worked with Leslie Eyster and her team (Grayson and Abbey). We picked Lansdowne b/c it's a beautiful location which makes for beautiful pictures, it is close to home, and w/ the hotel right there (and several others w/in a short driving distance), we didn't have to worry too much about our guests drinking and driving (which is why we choose not to do it at a winery). We did the ceremony in the pavilion and we were able to decorate it according to my vision - it was perfect! Cocktails were on the Waterfall Terrace, and reception in the Terrace Ballroom. Even though there were 5 other weddings in the hotel that same day, we felt like we were the only wedding there.
Leslie and her team were amazing through the entire process. She was very responsive to communications and was receptive to meeting / talking however much or little I needed. The tasting was awesome and by then we had talked about a lot of the details in various emails - Leslie pulled everything we had talked about together and had it all organized - she was on top of everything. She was very accommodating in making sure we could get into the rooms to decorate with plenty of time, and she, Grayson, and Abbey were there through the entire day-of to coordinate with the vendors, help direct our small wedding party, and make sure things went smoothly. They were key in helping this bride relax and enjoy the ceremony and reception w/out being worried that things were being taken care of. Our family & friends all loved the wedding and had a great time, and a couple even commented that the food was the best they'd ever had at a wedding (Lobster cake and filet - da bomb!). And the cake / cupcakes were awesome (we've gained 5 lbs after the wedding eating leftover cupcakes!!)
Thanks so much to Lansdowne, Leslie, Grayson, Abbey, Chef, and the entire crew that helped make our wedding PERFECT!!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had a lovely wedding at Lansdowne this past July 2017! Leslie was very responsive right from the beginning when we visited for the first time. She was prompt in getting back to us with information and very organized during meetings which was much appreciated during a stressful time! On our wedding day, everything ran exactly on time, which is rare to happen at weddings!
The venue itself is beautiful and we loved how our photos came out with so much greenery in the background. Our guests loved staying there for the weekend and it became a memorable family reunion.
Lansdowne will always hold a special place in our hearts and we would definitely recommend working with Leslie, who put our minds at ease throughout the whole process!

Profile Picture Neha & Rohan, 7/1/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

If you want people who are friendly, intelligent, efficient and absolutely amazing at what they do CHOOSE LANSDOWNE. Especially Leslie Eyster. She made my wedding EXCEED my expectations and she made every single thing happen and then some. She was so great with my parents and pulled every string necessary to accommodate us. We had a Welcome Party there the day before our wedding and our reception there. The service, the food, the set-up was all FLAWLESS. I simply cannot say enough good things. If you want a truly spectacular experience for your guests, host at Lansdowne. It was upscale, luxurious and beautiful.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/24/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables

Working with Leslie Eyster was an absolute pleasure. She made my wedding planning a breeze. I had my reception at Landsdowne and it was beautiful. Leslie and the staff at Landsdowne were extremely accommodating, professional, and made sure myself, my husband, and all my guests were taken care of at all times. Leslie was very responsive and took the time to listen to my wants and needs for the big day. The food was delicious, the space was great, the grounds are breathtaking, and all restaurants and rooms were very clean. I highly recommend Landsdowne for any event or a weekend getaway!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Linens

My daughter was married June 23,2017 at Lansdowne. We worked with Leslie and from the beginning to end she was helpful, supportive, and attentive to every detail, phone call, and e-mail. Leslie went above and beyond to make sure the entire experience was a positive one. We had some communication issues with the room block process that was frustrating. Leslie picked up the ball and the process moved along smoothly. The outdoor terrace and clubhouse ballroom were beautiful, comfortable areas for our celebration. The menu selections were outstanding with many compliments. The resort was perfect for our family and friends to extend the week-end relaxing and enjoying the pools and golf. It was a perfect week-end with wonderful memories.
Ann Houghton

Profile Picture Ann, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Lansdowne was my dream venue from the moment I saw the pictures on their website, and I am so happy to say that they exceeding my every dream and expectation. The venue itself is of course beautiful, but it is the people that work there that make the place so wonderful. The staff at the spa are so sweet and did an amazing job of helping to put me at ease the night before my wedding. Leslie was incredible to work with, and without her I would have been lost! She answered every email timely, and was always there to help with any question or request I had. She worked wonderfully with my grandmother, who took on the task of doing all of my flowers and decor. Leslie coordinated with her in the weeks leading up to the wedding and was there late into the night before my wedding, helping my grandmother load all of the decor items into her office for safe keeping until the wedding the next night. If you book Lansdowne for your event, ask to work with Leslie!! The rest of the team also deserves much credit. They truly transformed the ballroom into a space even better than I could have dreamed. Everyone there worked so hard to make sure my guests and my husband and I had an amazing time. The food was incredible, the service top notch, and the venue breathtaking. I read so many reviews before booking Lansdowne, so if you're like me and looking for a recommendation, trust me -- you can't go wrong here!

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

We recently celebrated our wedding and reception at the Lansdowne Resort and got the opportunity to have Leslie be our Wedding coordinator. Had nothing but a fantastic experience right from the start to the day of when Leslie and her staff were running around to make sure everything went perfectly. I am so proud to say that our wedding ceremony and reception party went seamlessly even though the weather didn't cooperate for a outside ceremony-we literally had a perfect day! I didn't hire a wedding planner and took it upon myself to do everything and as it got near to the wedding date I started to get nervous with the multiple vendors coming together, 300 + guests, and multiple events. Leslie eased my nerves and reassured me by answering hundreds of my emails, meeting w/ me and the vendors multiple times, and being hands on the day of to make sure our day was a blast. We had so many compliments about our wedding and are glad we choose to do it at the Lansdowne and got to partner up with Leslie!

Profile Picture Apu, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
4.7

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Lansdowne on May 6th, 2017. We absolutely loved Lansdowne and cannot imagine choosing another location for our reception. The staff was great help throughout the entire planning process. We transitioned to a new event coordinator from Christina to Leslie. While we were nervous to leave Christina, we loved working with Leslie. She was organized, helpful, and a pleasure to work with. The food for the catered dinner was amazing. Even at the tasting we gave the chef notes on certain dishes and they exceeded every expectation for the night of the wedding. The only con we would give would be to the booking staff. We reserved a room block for our wedding with Lansdowne and the coordinator for the room block was not very easy to work with. We wish she had explained the process more. Even more so, a few of our guests called to make a reservation (instead of booking online) to be told by the staff that there was no room block under our names. I think there is poor communication around the booking of rooms but it all worked out after we called the booking manager. We used the clubhouse ballroom for our reception and it was perfect. The lobby space in front was used for the cocktail hour which fit all of our 125 guests easily. The space was beautiful. A few days before the wedding my husband and I dropped off all of our decorations and the staff put everything together, we didnt lift a finger! What we really loved was that while everyone was enjoying the cocktail hour the staff asked us to take a look at the ballroom to make sure everything met our needs. We loved having that 10 minutes to look around at the space, the decorations, and the cake! They even brought us a sampler plate of all the appetizers we selected plus some wine. We really appreciated they let us take a moment to enjoy the food and drinks alone and take in all the excitement of the day. At the end of the day, we were not stressed at all and everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

Lansdowne was the perfect venue for our wedding on April 22, 2017. I initially started working with Christina Gibson at Lansdowne and then "transferred" to Leslie Eyster. They were both absolutely amazing. I did hire a day of planner outside of Lansdowne, but I honestly think I would have been fine without one. Christina and Leslie were quick to reply to all my emails, even when my questions were probably silly. Knowing the details is what makes me feel comfortable about having such a big day in the hands of others and they did a great job.

Unfortunately it rained all day and we had to move the ceremony from the outdoor terrace to the clubhouse ballroom (where my reception was). Leslie was answering my early morning emails about the rain and printed out my vows that morning since I waited until the last second. Everything was done seamlessly! I'll admit that it wasn't quite what I was picturing, but I can't blame Landowne for a cold, rainy day! They did absolutely everything to make my day perfect. They even got me a shuttle to drive me from the main resort to the clubhouse for the ceremony so my dress stayed perfect dry (it's only a 2 minute walk and 30 second drive). It was very thoughtful!

The reception was absolutely gorgeous. I had this vision in my head of what I wanted my reception to look like but I didn't know if it would actually end up looking that way. It looked perfect!! My husband and I went into the reception room for a private glimpse before the guests came in and I was completely stunned. The room is a great room, but the potential to make the clubhouse what you want is endless. And that's what I loved about it. We had about 100 guests and I thought it was the perfect size.

Everyone raved about the food, particularly the appetizers and late night snacks we offered. We also had our rehearsal dinner there (buffet style) and we had sooo much food! People could have had 3 plates!

Lastly, the bridal suite was absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

I worked with Leslie and Christina at Lansdowne for my wedding weekend Dec 10-11. They were incredibly responsive and amazing at making all of my requests come to life. The guests universally loved their interactions with Lansdowne over the weekend, and they were systematically professional and enthusiastic. There were at least 4 other holiday parties during our wedding weekend and we did not even notice! So, so thankful for all of their help.

Profile Picture Sheila, 12/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We used the Lansdowne Resort & Spa as our hotel block for our guests. We are so happy we chose this hotel, it is beautiful, the rooms are lovely, and the staff at the hotel is so friendly and welcoming. Having stayed at the hotel before for another friend's wedding, we knew it would be a great spot given its location near our venue. We also had our Sunday brunch in one of the hotel's ballrooms. Working with the hotel was easy, though it took a few days to get rooms added to our block and sometimes communication was a bit slow. However, the hotel was great about block prices and discounts at the resort for our guests, and went above and beyond when it came to our wedding weekend. They were accommodating to delivering welcome bags to guests and special touches in our bridal suite as well as our parents' suites. The Friday before the wedding they delivered a welcome wine and cheese platter. And after our wedding, we came back to our suite to find chocolate covered strawberries. For our Sunday brunch the service and food were fabulous and the space was beautiful, overlooking the scenery surrounding the hotel. It was great for our guests and us!

Profile Picture Allyson, 12/10/16, 14 Reviews
Category: Travel, Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I were married at Lansdowne on 10/29/2016 and cannot imagine a more perfect place to host our entire wedding weekend. From the rehearsal dinner to the Sunday farewell brunch and everything in between, Lansdowne was so welcoming to all of our guests and truly provided exceptional service. From our first meeting with Erica Schlatter a year ago to begin planning our wedding, Lansdowne's staff has been so accommodating, communicative, and immeasurably helpful in making sure no detail was left unattended to. The food, the guest rooms, the event spaces, the gorgeous golf grounds, you name it- they know how to host beautiful weddings, and I cannot recommend them or their services enough. They also have a fantastic spa and salon on site, and Brenda and her team there made my entire bridal party look and feel so fabulous for the big day. Lansdowne, you really do have it all, so thank you for making our wedding so unforgettably wonderful!

Profile Picture Margaret, 10/29/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables

Lansdowne was the perfect place to have our wedding. We had our Friday night dinner there, our ceremony and reception, and our Sunday brunch. Most of our guests were from out of town and it is very close to Dulles airport. The grounds and facility are very impressive and the guest rooms have recently been renovated. There was so much to do at the resort and the spa, golf course, fitness center and pools were amazing - our guests loved spending a whole weekend there. The food was top notch and the portion sizes were excellent. We booked the venue a year out and the planner we were assigned left after 3 or 4 months and we were assigned a new planner who did her best to pick up the pieces. Some details were missed on the day of but overall it was a success and our guests enjoyed it. The room block process was frustrating at first but we worked through it. Brenda, a hair stylist from the spa, came up to the bridal suite to do our hair - she was amazing and extremely accommodating. She even stayed longer to do one of the flower girls hair and also re-curled my hair minutes before the ceremony as it had fallen out while taking pictures all afternoon.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/10/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

The Lansdowne Team led by Erica Schlatter was absolutely top notch for our wedding. The entire end to end process was simply amazing, from the contract and additional add-ons, the responsiveness was immediate, and the actual service on the wedding day was incredible. The venue is so beautiful and they were very flexible with our large Indian wedding in accommodating our needs. Good not find a better venue in the area, and the facilities are really beautiful.

Profile Picture Shyam, 8/27/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This was truly the venue of my dreams. Everything from the outdoor terrace to the picture slideshow to the service was amazing. I worked with Christina and Leslie and they both went above and beyond to get every detail of my wedding down to perfection. Leslie worked extra hard to make sure my wedding day was special.

Profile Picture Naomi, 8/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor