Lansdowne Resort and Spa Reviews

176 Reviews for Lansdowne Resort and Spa

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

176 Lansdowne Resort and Spa Reviews

Susan · Married on 10/06/2018

A truly wonderful wedding weekend,

The experience of the recent wedding with our family was amazing! Grayson’s expertise is truly as asset to the Landsdowne Resort. Her attention to details was extremely helpful,, which made the process of easier, Grayson also went to great lengths to ensure the bride and groom had everything they wanted.
    Hugo a banquet manager at the Resort is also a valuable staff member. His ability to assist the needs of guests with ease is truly a gift,

Diamond · Married on 08/26/2018

I’m not typically one to write reviews, BUT, I couldn’t go without praising and thanking Greyson and Lansdowne Resort & Spa for making my wedding amazing. Greyson was an absolute joy to work with every step of the way, and I wish we could’ve worked together longer. She was very attentive, and prompt in her communication, and in lulls where my husband and I weren’t in need of anything / in contact she always checked in. Greyson was always high energy and extremely personable. She made sure my vision, and all the details of my special day came to life. Anytime we encountered small hiccups, she ensured they were rectified and/or compensated. I’m glad I got to hang with Greyson before walking down the aisle because she made sure I didn’t have any waldrobe malfunctions and completely calmed my nerves. Greyson is an asset to Lansdowne, which is a gem in and of itself. The venue is beautiful, the staff is pleasant, and everyone was so accommodating to the needs of myself, the wedding party, and guests. I highly recommend!

Lansdowne Resort and Spa 1

Dottie · Married on 08/25/2018

Our son and daughter-in-law used Lansdowne Resort and Spa for their rehearsal dinner, welcome reception, and day after brunch, in addition to booking a big block of rooms there. We worked with Grayson, who is absolutely amazing! She was accommodating in every way and is such a kind and knowledgeable person to have as our contact. She was always prompt in responding to calls and/or emails. She worked with us to solve any requests we made, always with a smile. Lansdowne is very lucky to have Grayson.
    The resort is beautiful, very clean, and the rooms and food are wonderful. All of the staff that we encountered during the five days we stayed there were excellent. Thank you Lansdowne Resort and Spa!

Michelle · Married on 06/08/2018

Working with Mandy was beyond amazing! She was so helpful, the most responsive out of everyone I worked with and very calming during this stressful process. If it wasn’t for her, I would’ve been very stressed but I knew she had everything under control! The Lansdowne staff was very nice and helpful during our stay there and during our wedding! If you don’t like the look of a ballroom, spend the extra money on white drapes because it makes a huge difference! My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Mandy and the Lansdowne staff! We cannot wait to go back in a year for our anniversary!

Lansdowne Resort and Spa 2
    Lansdowne Resort and Spa 3
    Lansdowne Resort and Spa 4
    Lansdowne Resort and Spa 5

Chris · Married on 05/26/2018

As the mother of the bride, I cannot begin to describe how magical my daughter's destination wedding weekend was at the Lansdowne Resort and Spa. Every member of the staff was outstanding with their friendly professionalism - from the doormen, to Tamara at the front desk, to spa and restaurant personnel, to Tori in the golf office, to Hugo and his banquet team, and especially our event manager, Leslie, who went above and beyond every expectation.

Leslie was over-the-top helpful with all the little details that make a wedding for 270 out-of-town guests seem effortless. With all the "moving pieces" of organizing a destination wedding weekend (setting up the room block for all our guests, Friday golf outing, Saturday ceremony, reception, and after party, and Sunday breakfast), Leslie and the Lansdowne team created a seemingly flawless special celebration for all. Even little unforeseen issues on the wedding weekend itself were dealt with swiftly and professionally.

The ambiance, the amenities, the spotless rooms, the delicious food (both in the restaurants and for the reception, after party, and breakfast), the golf, and the beautiful grounds, terraces, and ceremony space all contributed to creating a wonderful experience for our guests. I had tears in my eyes when it was time to check out because I didn't want the magic to end. Thank you Lansdowne for helping to create that magic!

Tom · Married on 05/18/2018

Perfect location for us to get married as we had a lot of folks coming in from out of town since Dulles is relatively close by. Worked with Grayson who is an absolute gem. Always professional and timely. Leading up to the event she was always accessible and made the experience about as stress free as we could have hoped for. Lansdowne is very lucky to have her.

Nazia · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I got married at Lansdowne on November 11, 2017. Our coordinator was Leslie Eyster and she was phenomenal! Leslie made herself available and was super accommodating during such a crazy time. We had a lot of DIY decorations (including two 6ft faux trees for the ceremony) and Leslie stored every knick knack in her office and helped set everything up on the wedding day.

The venue was absolutely beautiful. We booked the Clubhouse Ballroom, which has an outside terrace; guests really enjoyed having drinks out there and taking in the view. Hugo was a great help during the reception. He made sure every detail was taken care of; brought my husband and me food and drinks, re-lit all candles that had blown out, packaged all of our DIY décor for us.

I cannot thank Leslie, Hugo and the Lansdowne team enough for a flawless day!

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2017

My Husband and I got married at Lansdowne Resort and Spa on Sunday, October 8, 2017, and we could not be happier with the venue and team that helped us along the way, specifically Leslie Eyster, who was a pleasure to work with and so accommodating. We highly recommend Lansdowne to anyone looking for a beautiful ceremony and reception location, with an exceptional team of friendly professionals, who go above and beyond to make your special day incredible and memorable! Thank you to Leslie and the Lansdowne team!!!!!!!

Nichole · Married on 10/06/2017

We got married at Lansdowne Resort on October 6, 2017. I could not have imagined the day to turn out any better! The venue is beautiful, the rooms are very nice, and the food was AMAZING. The staff was so accommodating and made us feel so special. Leslie was a joy to work with while planning, and Hugo and the staff made the reception stress free and so fun! If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a single thing!

Amy · Married on 09/09/2017

Can't say enough about our wedding at Lansdowne on Sept 9, 2017 - it could not have been more perfect! We worked with Leslie Eyster and her team (Grayson and Abbey). We picked Lansdowne b/c it's a beautiful location which makes for beautiful pictures, it is close to home, and w/ the hotel right there (and several others w/in a short driving distance), we didn't have to worry too much about our guests drinking and driving (which is why we choose not to do it at a winery). We did the ceremony in the pavilion and we were able to decorate it according to my vision - it was perfect! Cocktails were on the Waterfall Terrace, and reception in the Terrace Ballroom. Even though there were 5 other weddings in the hotel that same day, we felt like we were the only wedding there.
    Leslie and her team were amazing through the entire process. She was very responsive to communications and was receptive to meeting / talking however much or little I needed. The tasting was awesome and by then we had talked about a lot of the details in various emails - Leslie pulled everything we had talked about together and had it all organized - she was on top of everything. She was very accommodating in making sure we could get into the rooms to decorate with plenty of time, and she, Grayson, and Abbey were there through the entire day-of to coordinate with the vendors, help direct our small wedding party, and make sure things went smoothly. They were key in helping this bride relax and enjoy the ceremony and reception w/out being worried that things were being taken care of. Our family & friends all loved the wedding and had a great time, and a couple even commented that the food was the best they'd ever had at a wedding (Lobster cake and filet - da bomb!). And the cake / cupcakes were awesome (we've gained 5 lbs after the wedding eating leftover cupcakes!!)
    Thanks so much to Lansdowne, Leslie, Grayson, Abbey, Chef, and the entire crew that helped make our wedding PERFECT!!

Emily · Married on 06/24/2017

If you want people who are friendly, intelligent, efficient and absolutely amazing at what they do CHOOSE LANSDOWNE. Especially Leslie Eyster. She made my wedding EXCEED my expectations and she made every single thing happen and then some. She was so great with my parents and pulled every string necessary to accommodate us. We had a Welcome Party there the day before our wedding and our reception there. The service, the food, the set-up was all FLAWLESS. I simply cannot say enough good things. If you want a truly spectacular experience for your guests, host at Lansdowne. It was upscale, luxurious and beautiful.

Ann · Married on 06/23/2017

My daughter was married June 23,2017 at Lansdowne. We worked with Leslie and from the beginning to end she was helpful, supportive, and attentive to every detail, phone call, and e-mail. Leslie went above and beyond to make sure the entire experience was a positive one. We had some communication issues with the room block process that was frustrating. Leslie picked up the ball and the process moved along smoothly. The outdoor terrace and clubhouse ballroom were beautiful, comfortable areas for our celebration. The menu selections were outstanding with many compliments. The resort was perfect for our family and friends to extend the week-end relaxing and enjoying the pools and golf. It was a perfect week-end with wonderful memories.
    Ann Houghton

Sheila · Married on 12/11/2016

I worked with Leslie and Christina at Lansdowne for my wedding weekend Dec 10-11. They were incredibly responsive and amazing at making all of my requests come to life. The guests universally loved their interactions with Lansdowne over the weekend, and they were systematically professional and enthusiastic. There were at least 4 other holiday parties during our wedding weekend and we did not even notice! So, so thankful for all of their help.

Margaret · Married on 10/29/2016

My husband and I were married at Lansdowne on 10/29/2016 and cannot imagine a more perfect place to host our entire wedding weekend. From the rehearsal dinner to the Sunday farewell brunch and everything in between, Lansdowne was so welcoming to all of our guests and truly provided exceptional service. From our first meeting with Erica Schlatter a year ago to begin planning our wedding, Lansdowne's staff has been so accommodating, communicative, and immeasurably helpful in making sure no detail was left unattended to. The food, the guest rooms, the event spaces, the gorgeous golf grounds, you name it- they know how to host beautiful weddings, and I cannot recommend them or their services enough. They also have a fantastic spa and salon on site, and Brenda and her team there made my entire bridal party look and feel so fabulous for the big day. Lansdowne, you really do have it all, so thank you for making our wedding so unforgettably wonderful!

Shyam · Married on 08/27/2016

The Lansdowne Team led by Erica Schlatter was absolutely top notch for our wedding. The entire end to end process was simply amazing, from the contract and additional add-ons, the responsiveness was immediate, and the actual service on the wedding day was incredible. The venue is so beautiful and they were very flexible with our large Indian wedding in accommodating our needs. Good not find a better venue in the area, and the facilities are really beautiful.

Naomi · Married on 08/21/2016

This was truly the venue of my dreams. Everything from the outdoor terrace to the picture slideshow to the service was amazing. I worked with Christina and Leslie and they both went above and beyond to get every detail of my wedding down to perfection. Leslie worked extra hard to make sure my wedding day was special.

Daniel · Married on 08/20/2016

My wife and I just got married as Lansdowne last weekend. We worked with Leslie Eyster and WOW! We couldn't have asked for a better person to work with in planning our wedding. She was responsive, accommodating and didn't miss a single detail in our special weekend. Leslie and her entire team made our wedding weekend PERFECT! She was at our rehearsal dinner and wedding until she knew we were settled into the evening. She even fluffed my wife's dress right before walking down the aisle! If you chose to have your wedding at Lansdowne (which is a great decision in itself), ask to work with Leslie -- she will help make your wedding dreams come true! :)

Emily · Married on 08/20/2016

If you are looking for a gorgeous and top of the line wedding venue, Lansdowne Resort is the place to choose! We had the pleasure of working with Christina Gibson and Leslie Eyster and we couldn't ask for better Wedding Coordinators. They were professional, responsive, and were highly attentive. They truly provided exceptional service and made our wedding ceremony exactly how we dreamed of it to be. From the initial contact all the way through the rehearsal and execution of our ceremony, Lansdowne delivered flawlessly. They were very flexible in accommodating our needs, and would even provide their insight on what scenarios will work best. Their experience definitely shows!

The venue itself is absolutely stunning! We received many compliments from our guests in regards the scenery and view. The food was also phenomenal; they provided generous portions and our guests were very delighted with the numerous selections. The staff was also very friendly, cheerful, and always willing to help. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day!

Vincent · Married on 06/25/2016

Great Resort, FOOD delicious, SERVICE and STAFF fantastic!!!!!!!
    Everyone easy to work with.

Katie · Married on 06/11/2016

Lansdowne was AMAZING. Seriously, working with Leslie could not have gone smoother - and I was doing it from Puerto Rico!!! She was a life-saver to this long-distancce bride, incredibly kind, and absolutely 100% knows her stuff! We were able to customize every tiny bit of the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception to fit exactly our dreams - honestly, I would recommend Lansdowne and Leslie to every bride. Know exactly what you want, and want a venue big enough to cater to that dream? They're perfect. Don't have a clue what you want, and need a venue to hand-hold? Leslie can guide you through the whole choice process.

I wasn't sure how formal of a ceremony/reception I wanted, and Lansdowne was able to show me options from ultra-traditional to ultra-laid-back! I ended up having a formal ceremony in the drop-dead-goregous herb garden, with reception in the glass-walled pavilion. It was a PERFECT choice for us! We used the luau rehearsal dinner menu for our reception menu - RAVES from the guests. We swapped a traditional cake for a cookie bar (chocolate chip, peanut butter, and sugar) with mini-shooters of milk (choc, strawberry, and regular!). Leslie was there almost the entire night to stage-manage the event, and she and her staff kept everything moving so fluidly.

We were given an incredible suite for the getting-ready pictures and for the wedding night, and even had individual conference rooms for the guys and girls to get ready in. I can't say enough good things about Lansdowne and Leslie - I am NOT a planner, and I needed some help with the whole wedding thing. They went above and beyond to make this a perfect night!

Christine · Married on 05/07/2016

We are the parents of the groom and held a buffet dinner for the Rehearsal dinner with 78 guests. It was fantastic. Food and drinks were great as was the staff the night of. The year previous during the planing phase our contact was just the sweetest person who was professional, cooperative, quick to respond to a all or email. We felt so lucky to have her. I would do it again if we had any more children at home.

• Liz

Liz · Married on 10/24/2015

Our wedding at Lansdowne was absolutely perfect! Rachel our event manager and Hugo the banquet manager really went above and beyond to make our day flawless! It was so nice to have everything in one place and taken care of in such a professional way. The reception was perfectly timed, the food was fantastic and the cake was beautiful! I would absolutely recommend Lansdowne to other couples.

Meghan · Married on 10/10/2015

This facility is AMAZING. I cannot say enough great things about this venue. Also, Leslie was amazing to work with. She made the wedding planning process easy and stress free. The entire weekend was easy and stress free. We did our rehearsal dinner there along with our reception. The food was amazing and the service was even better. I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else. I loved every second of wedding planning and the wedding itself with this venue. I would HIGHLY recommend it.

Beth · Married on 09/25/2015

I selected Lansdowne Resort because I am local to the area and have visited the resort many times. What put the cherry on top to this perfect venue, was having Christina Gibson as my wedding coordinator over the course of my 15 month engagement. She was reliable, hardworking, dedicated to making my wedding day perfect, professional and so much fun to work with. I've gained a lifelong friend in the process for sure. As far as the presentation goes; My guests were WOW'ed when they entered the Clubhouse Ballroom. Lansdowne provided the uplighting for our reception (my favorite room at the resort) and our beautiful cake which was designed to look exactly like the picture I sent. We served filet and crab cake and everything was cooked to perfection and served hot and fresh. We had two signature drinks with our open bar package which Christina helped select..everyone loved them. The guests couldn't stop raving about the food and drinks and how stunning the total set up looked. It was a little chiller than we had planned for our outdoor cocktail hour, but Christina was able to arrange everything beautifully in the clubhouse foyer and everything looked as I had imagined it. I would highly recommend using Lansdowne Resort as your venue and urge you to request Christina as your coordinator. My wedding day was a dream come true.