Lakewold Gardens Reviews

9 | Lakewood, WA

9 Reviews for Lakewold Gardens

Jessica · Married on 07/19/2014

Lakewold Gardens is an AMAZING venue.

I had my wedding there a few weeks ago, the property is very open and provides trails, fields, and gardens where guests can wander and explore to enjoy its beauty. The view is amazing as well since you have a view of the lake from the Wagner House.The staff is really nice, Susan the wedding event planner is really responsive and helpful with your questions and planning. Call, email, or write this staff and you will get a response quickly.

If planning a wedding there, it has to be an evening wedding due to it being a public garden until 4 pm. That was perfect for my July wedding since the sun is out longer and it was an outside ceremony. My guests also loved the valet that is provided with the event, it made it even more formal which i loved!!

I would definately choose this venue again! It was absolutely beautiful and the staff was amazing.

Sent on 08/08/2014
  • F

Fabio · Married on 07/13/2013

Top notch venue. The staff was great and the everyone loved the scenery. Perfect place to get married and have the reception

Sent on 01/11/2014

Alice · Married on 07/26/2014

Had a wonderful wedding at Lakewold Gardens. It is such a beautiful venue, to be both in a garden and next to a lake, with all the grounds for guests to explore. Everyone had a great time. The Lakewold staff were so helpful and knowledgeable about what things might work well; notably Sue Steen, who worked hard to make our day a success :)

Sent on 10/14/2014

Natasha · Married on 08/16/2013

Lakewold Gardens is the most beautiful venue in the area. My wedding was a English tea party theme. With the house and the gardens it was the most perfect wedding I could have ever imagined. They really take care of their land and the people are so friendly and helpful. My husband and I were not that picky on the day we got married. All of their weekends were booked in August so we just asked them what days they had available. Fortunately, they had Friday the 16th available so we took it. As soon as I saw the place I knew that was it and I wasn't leaving until we had a day. I would recommend this venue to anyone. It is just so beautiful. Go see for yourself!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Jill · Married on 07/02/2011

I live in Arizona and pick Lakewold Gardens site unseen. It was the best choice I had made. The grounds were beautiful and the service was excellent. The price was a little much, but it was all worth it. I had a wonderful wedding.

Sent on 05/02/2012

2.0

Lakewold Gardens is beautiful and the staff is super great to work to work with. Everyone raved about how pretty it was! My only critique is that they are very unflexible on timelines, which I understand to an extent, except I couldn't get over why we couldn't take photos on the grounds before the appointed vendor delivery and arrival time. It would have saved us a lot of transportation and setting up worry if we could have done this. But it is a beautiful venue and Susan was a pleasure to work with so no complaints there, it's literally the only issue that I couldn't really get over. But all in all they make that timeline work so don't worry about your vendors not getting things in on time even if it does seem tight, they were all set up (even my florist with my crazy large order got all her stuff set up) and gone by the time the ceremony and reception started. My only suggestion to Lakewold would be to invest in new chairs that come with the venue.

Sent on 08/30/2015

Michaela · Married on 08/18/2013

2.0

Lakewold Gardens is a beautiful venue. It looked absolutely perfect on my wedding day and Susan (in charge of events) is very nice to work with. With that being said, they are NOT flexbible with timeframes, rules, decor, etc. If you have a specific vision, it must work within their policies. They only have 4 caterers that are allowed to cater at the venue. It is a pricey venue, but a truly beautiful setting for a spring, summer or early fall wedding. My photos turned out beautifully. I recommend Lakewold Gardens, but make sure you read all the details in your contract so you know exactly what you can and cannot do.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Elaine · Married on 07/14/2012

0.8
      1.0
      3.0
      0.0
      0.0

I arrived at Lakewold last July excited for my wedding. I was taken aback to be greeted by Lakewold's event coordinator who yelled at me for 15 minutes because my vendors arrived early. (They were nervous about the short window allowed for setup. The event coordinator had privately given them the okay to arrive early!) She works under the fear of a boss who micromanages the staff and lacks people skills. The venue has too many restrictions. The staff lacks the creativity and resources needed for your wedding or special event. If you want a beautiful setting with courteous, knowledgeable, and professional staff, the Tacoma Golf and Country Club is the place to go!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Lera · Married on 07/14/2018

0.4
      0.5

Very very disappointed! We had our wedding there and I still have nightmares about it. Every vendor we brought that said that this is a last time they will do a wedding there and they will not recommend it to anyone. The manager was very unpleasant to work with. At the day of the wedding they went agains everything they promised. They will slap you with so many fees not only so they keep your security deposit but even more.

Sent on 07/24/2018