40 Reviews for Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa

Plated (1)
Stations (1)
Tastings (1)
40 Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa Reviews

We have had all three of our daugter's weddings at Lakeview in the Reflections Ballroom over a 10 year span. We love the ambience of the library and the ballroom. The convenience of having your out-of-town guest staying in the hotel as well is a huge advantage for the celebration. We have also had the pleasure of working with Rachel Bucklew for two of those weddings and she was absolutely wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture Floann, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I recently got married and had our ceremony and reception at Lakeview. I don't even know where to begin! We had the most AMAZING experience with Lakeview. Megan was our planner and I can't thank her enough for everything she did for us. She made planning a wedding extremely easy and as stress free as possible! The day of, I had nothing to worry about! She took care of everything. I wish I could give them more stars! Definitely worth every single penny!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My Husband and I got married on April 21, 2018 of this year. I had went through 3 different wedding planners from when I started planning my wedding at Lakeview Resort. We ended up with Lauren finishing out our wedding. She was absolutely amazing very responsive and if she didn't know something she would find out the answer and get back with us. We used the Grand Ball Room for our ceremony and reception it was a great deal and it accommodated our family and friends perfectly. They did and amazing job decorating and making sure everyone was in the right place at the right time. I was so afraid that my wedding/reception wouldn't start on time and Lauren made sure everything was perfect for the DJ, Photographer, and the Videographer. We absolutely love Lauren she would be our choice to help plan anything we would have in the future. The only complaints I would have would be for the food. We had our rehearsal dinner there and our food was cold and not good we paid almost $900.00 and for the wedding reception the food was good but they ran out and had guests waiting for food to come out. We paid $15.45 for chicken tenders and fries for kids and they were freezer burnt. Otherwise everyone was amazing from Lauren, Staff, to our amazing Maitre d. I would recommend Lakeview for other weddings they would just need to do better with their food presentation.

Profile Picture Tynetta, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We just had our wedding at Lakeview in March 2018 and it was so perfect, thanks to all our vendors! I worked with Rachel at Lakeview and she was so accommodating and a complete pleasure to work with! Rachel had given my MOH her phone number the day of in case we needed anything, and I never felt the need to call anyone and was SO calm all day because I just knew that Rachel and her team would handle everything for me. My sisters who had extremely fancy weddings in big cities were even impressed with how smoothly Lakeview handled everything!

Profile Picture Natasha, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Lakeview was the only reception venue that I even looked at or considered when I first became engaged. They lived up to their reputation, and our night was magical thanks to their help. Not only is Lauren and Rachel wonderful at their jobs, but the entire staff at Lakeview is so friendly, accomadating, and interactive with the guests to assure everyone is having a wonderful time! I will say, I was a very particular bride. I had a vision of how I wanted every detail to be, and with my aunts artistic touch-we made all of our decor ourselves. At times, I worried if the staff would be able to set up everything as I envisioned it in my head, but to my surprise-IT WAS FLAWLESS! I walked into a breathtaking reception which was everything I imagined and MORE! It's safe to say, even when times get crazy throughout your planning, you can count on the staff at Lakeview to give you too-notch service! I'm so happy I was a Lakeview Bride.

Profile Picture Emily , 12/9/17, 4 Reviews
4.7

Lauren is absolutely amazing! She is so helpful and easy to get a hold of whenever you need her. Prices were communicated clearly and we did not get hit with any "surprise" charges or charges that we didn't understand. All of the staff at Lakeview were extremely helpful. Lauren made sure to keep everyone on time the day of, and made the whole planning experience as stress free as possible. Wedding packages were flexible too. My only advice would be to use vendors from their "preferred vendors" list so that no confusion happens and the vendors communicate clearly with each other. That was my only issue, and it wasn't even Lakeview's fault. I just learned that vendors are on the preferred list for a reason. I would definitely recommend them for a reception venue.

Profile Picture Shana, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

Our wedding was June 3rd 2017 Jillian was excellent throughout the whole process. She made sure everything turned out great from start to finish. She also went over every detail of our day to make sure we were on the same page with everything and everything we went over is everything we got ?? great venue highly recommend going to lakeview bridal shows also.

Profile Picture Chareese, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding day on May 6, 2017 was amazing thanks to Lauren, Jillian, and the rest of Lakeview Resort Staff!! From the very beginning Lauren helped me through everything and kept me on track with what all I needed to do. Lakeview has wedding vendor showcase events so it was a one stop shop for me to meet all of the cake bakers, DJ's, florist, photographers, etc. Also, many vendors offered specials for attending a Lakeview wedding showcase as well! So booking my vendors was a breeze! I didn't have to worry about a cater since Lakeview has an amazing chef! I booked Ooh La La as my cake baker and everyone is still talking about how great my cake tasted. Anytime I emailed Lauren or Jillian I got a fast response. The day of the wedding Lauren and Jillian made sure everything was running smoothly and I didn't have to worry about anything. Lakeview staff set up my reception and ceremony hall and I got to get ready with my bridesmaids and relax a little before the fun began. Throughout the night all of Lakeview staff made sure I had everything I needed! At the end of the night Lakeview cleans everything up so I could head back to my room and relax. Everyone told me they had a great time! I highly recommend Lakeview Resort for a wedding venue, or for any event, they are great!! Thank you so much Lauren, Jillian, and Lakeview Resort staff!!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Lakeview was perfect! My husband and I were married 4/22/17. From the very beginning Lauren Thomas was our coordinator and she was absolutely wonderful! I could email her at anytime of the day for anything and she would always have a quick response! She solved any problem or question with ease during the wedding planning process. On our wedding weeked Lauren immediately helped with everything from unloaded the car to calming down my nerves! She always knew the right thing to say to make me feel at ease! We had our rehearsal at Lakeview, Lauren ran it smoothly and we had a lovely dinner. On wedding day, Lauren was hard at work making sure everything was perfect! And it was!! We were supposed to have the ceremony at the 10th Tee but it rained that day, so we had it in the Library and the reception in the Reflections on the Lake ballroom. Everything turned out absolutely gorgeous! Lauren did a fantastic job making sure the day was flawless! The service and the food was great, and all of our guests said this was one of the best weddings they have ever been to! Overall Lakeview and Lauren did an amazing job and I would 100% highly recommend them!!
-Alicia and Brandon

Profile Picture Alicia, 4/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Lakeview was the perfect all-in-one ceremony and reception venue for my husband and me! We worked with Jillian and she went out of her way to make sure that our day flawless. From answering my endless phone calls, to bringing me water while we were taking pictures outside, Jillian did it all. Reflections was decorated beautifully, just the way I had envisioned it. The food was phenomenal! I got compliment after compliment about how wonderful the day was. This was all thanks to Jillian and the rest of the Lakeview staff! I'd recommend Lakeview to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Profile Picture Julie, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

A+ service. Jillian walked us through everything from start to finish. The event went smoothly all thanks to the Lakeview team. All we had to do was show up! Best decision I've made was choosing Lakeview as our location, they made it all stress free! Glowing recommendation all around!

Profile Picture Julia, 6/25/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

If you're looking for the perfect venue for your special day, Lakeview is your place! It has everything to offer, delicious food, great bar menu, beautiful rooms to choose from for your reception/ceremony and not to mention the staff at Lakeview was top notch! Lauren Thomas was our Wedding specialist, she was there for us from day 1 ! Our wedding was more beautiful than we could ever imagine! Thank you Lakeview !

- Mr. & Mrs. Tyler Rodriguez

Profile Picture Ambroshia, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Lakeview was a wonderful choice for our wedding! They made wedding planning so easy and stress free. So many amenities are provided within your package! The day of, Lauren Thomas made sure that I didn't have to worry about a thing. She literally did everything! I definitely recommend her and this fabulous resort!

Profile Picture Haleigh, 5/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Jillian and the rest of the staff at Lakeview are! From answering a million questions before the wedding, adjusting the seating a few times so we could get married exactly where we wanted, to the last minute details, everything was perfect! Jillian truly went above and beyond to make our day everything we hoped it would be! She always had a smile on her face and was ready to answer every question and did everything without complaint! Jillian & Lakeview are truly the best!

Profile Picture Teala, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Lakeview was our dream come true venue!! And the fact that Lauren came with it was even better! She made our happily ever after dream wedding a reality and we never had to worry about a thing! She was always there when we had a question and she worked so hard to make sure everything was perfect. We would recommend Lakeview to any newly engaged couple! It was amazing and we can't wait to spend one of our anniversaries there!

Profile Picture Meredith, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are so happy that we picked Lakeview for our wedding. We planned a year in advance, and the staff at Lakeview helped us at every stage in the process. Megan, Lauren, and Rachel gave us loads of information and suggestions, were very responsive to emails, and made sure that every detail was perfect.

We booked the Library and Reflections ballroom, and they were both stunning. The food was excellent and very nicely presented. I also loved that I could drop off the decorations and have them handle everything with the vendors--it made for a very low-stress and wonderful wedding day.

The only hiccup that we encountered was that there was some confusion about the airport-to-Lakeview shuttle and how far in advance the shuttle needed to be booked. We seemed to get different responses depending on who we talked to. Other than that, everything went swimmingly.

Overall, our friends and relatives had a great time, and I'd highly recommend Lakeview!

Profile Picture User4245550, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Barware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We just got married at Lakeview 2 weeks ago, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice! The day after first emailing the on-site wedding coordinator, we booked the venue. They were more than able to work with the budget we provided and allowed us to pick and choose what aspects of the event were most important to us. Lauren Thomas was great and was more than willing to put up with my seemingly endless concerns and questions. There was an instance of overcharging, but it was taken care of within a day of my having brought it to their attention. That was my only real complaint, but even with that, we wouldn't have changed anything!

Profile Picture Lily, 8/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Nice location. Wedding pictures turned out beautiful on the green. A bit pricey for the DIY bride, but overall my guests were very pleased with the meal.

Profile Picture User5555803, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My husband and I were drawn to Lakeview because of the view and how much was included in the packages. Our planner Lauren was wonderful, and was so helpful every step of the way. Even when issues arose on our wedding day, and we couldn't have the ballroom we originally booked because of a power outage that could not be repaired in time, Lauren made sure that we had another room and that everything was moved, in place, and taken care of. The staff was so kind and just made the day so much nicer. They also recommended other great vendors who together made our day one to remember. I would highly recommend Lakeview for any wedding or other special occasion.

Profile Picture User5427084, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Lakeview was the perfect all in one location for our out of town guests coming to Morgantown. We were able to have a beautiful wedding ceremony and fun wedding reception all in one location. By having our wedding here it also provided guests with the opportunity to stay the night at the hotel. no drinking and driving :)
The food we had for the wedding was absolutely perfect!!!! We were able to have a food tasting in which we first were able to pick from selected items from the menu and try them. We went with the fried chicken and pork tenderloin!! Everyone loved the food for the wedding and apparently ate just about everything!!!! The catering service was really easy and friendly to work with and were there to help whenever we needed anything.
Lauren Thomas the head event planner did an amazing job!!!!! She was so very helpful and will to work with us. She truly made the experience a stress free one! We were able to communicate via email and face to face multiple time prior to the event.

I am so very thankful for all the hard work that was put in by everyone at Lakeview Resort to make our day Perfect!!

Profile Picture L, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

We loved Lakeview! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and beautiful! Everyone was professional, helpful, and courteous. We couldn't have asked for a better venue! Absolutely fabulous!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

We had our reception at Lakeview and had an absolutely outstanding experience! The wedding planners were accommodating to our every request and we could not have asked for a better experience. We very highly recommend Lakeview and their amazing staff!

Profile Picture Becky, 5/30/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great place, nice people!! We went to a wedding here and it was stunning! I really hope to have my wedding here soon.

Profile Picture User4506396, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
2.1

When my husband and I first decided to use Lakeview, our experience was pleasant. Within the year of wedding planning, however, we ended up with 3 different wedding planners due to people leaving. That can't be helped, but I felt like I started over each time. I found myself repeating my requests. By the time the wedding came, I was told I still owed over $2,000 (which was wrong; I was owed a credit), they ignored the seating chart I had put together, putting my own father in the second row of tables at my wedding, and lost a handful of my place cards, leaving my guests confused and without a seat. This was just a short list of the frustrations I experienced.

View Vendor Response