Lake Wilderness Lodge Reviews

Lake Wilderness Lodge 3
Lake Wilderness Lodge 4
Lake Wilderness Lodge 5

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2017

Absolutely gorgeous venue, great value, easy to work with.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Thomas · Married on 02/11/2017

This venue is beautiful. We chose to do a winter wedding to save some on the cost thought. For an 11 hour rental it was $3,250; in February. Had we done it in June/July towards the summer it would have been considerably more at like $4,225.00 range for a 9 hour rental.

Sent on 02/24/2017

This venue was perfect! We had the perfect weather so you could see the mountain across the water right behind us during the ceremony. Even though it's part of a big park, the ceremony still felt private. The kids had fun running around outside and the adults loved hanging out on the balcony watching the sunset. The staff were very helpful too.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Alyssa · Married on 06/04/2011

The Lodge was a beautiful venue. We lucked out and had blue skies and sun so we could see Mt. Rainier over the lake. We took the 12 hour rental option so we had plenty of time to set up, get ready, and take down without stressing. The 3 floors inside worked out great. We had cocktail hour downstairs leading out to the ceremony and the reception on the main and mezzanine levels. The whole venue looked great. The only thing I didn't care for was that we couldn't put anything on the walls, though it wasn't really necessary. The staff were friendly and helpful. They were also flexible with setup and use of outside vendors for the rest of the wedding.

Sent on 06/29/2011

Kristiana · Married on 07/22/2018

We absolutely loved this venue, and chose it knowing that even though summers around the PWN can be gorgeous and definitely made for outdoor weddings, the weather sometimes has a mind of its own. With that in mind, we chose this venue after touring it on a very drizzly, cloudy February day so we could see a sort of "worst case scenario" (meaning the Mountain's Not Out and that's about it). In other words the venue has a great "Plan B" for all the many days when the weather doesn't cooperate. We had to add more hours for our Sunday rental because the 7 hours isn't enough for all the vendors to set up and wish it had the same 9 hours that Saturday had, but the great part is that the extra hours help accommodate the many vendors who are used to working there and love working there. The nearby arboretum is great for pictures and fortunately the other people using it move out of the way. But yeah, it's a city park so nobody is trying to make an insane profit off you, you can choose your vendors, and essentially the rules are very understandable and it essentially boils down to "it's yours to do what you want as long as nobody has to call the cops or Fire Department."

Sent on 08/09/2018

Kristin · Married on 12/10/2016

This is a beautiful venue with lots of flexibility! The staff were supper helpful and accommodating. There are three floors indoors to work with, plus a beautiful outdoor space. The coordinator works with you to create a customized layout and you can bring in your own food if you like! The view of the lake is stunning if you're there during daylight hours too. One other huge benefit is that it's open most week days so you can just stop by. We made numerous unscheduled visits to plan our decor, dance and set up which was really helpful. We were so happy with how things turned out!

Sent on 12/17/2016
  • Jenni

Jennifer · Married on 03/29/2019

Just Beautiful

The venue site is beautiful. Lovely lake view. They were very responsive and helpful from start to finish.

Sent on 04/11/2019

Corinne Woodey · Married on 12/29/2018

Beautiful Indoor and Outdoor Venue

Lovely setting! I had a winter wedding here that needed to accommodate around 150 people. With the help of my wedding planner, Lori from Elegant Affairs, and the staff at Lake Wilderness Lodge we were able to smoothly transition spaces from ceremony to reception all without me or any of my family being involved in the process. They made my day so easy for me and my family. The balcony was nice for when I got too hot dancing and the whole area around this venue is just lovely. It was perfect for us!

Sent on 01/10/2019
  • Nikaela

Nikaela · Married on 12/22/2018

Beautiful, rustic, unique venue

This venue is beautiful. While the view of the trees & lake really made the decision for us, the spiral staircase and giant totem pole really set this place apart. Every member of the team that we worked with was so helpful, they were extremely responsive, and, while there are some rules you can't get around because it's a city-owned venue, they aren't the most difficult to work around. We are still getting compliments from our guests about our unique wedding venue. We had a Christmas wedding and the decor & location really helped set the mood. Would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/27/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/24/2018

Beautiful Venue

My husband and I chose Lake Wilderness Lodge for our wedding in August, and we could not be happier. Neither of us are from Washington, so we wanted something lakeside - and this was perfect. We definitely got beautiful photos!

We chose a Friday night to save some money, but the downside to that was we did not have access to the venue until 4pm. Our timeline was very tight, but we were able to make it work.

The staff was very friendly, professional, and easy to work with. They were very quick to answer any questions regarding contracts, etc. Overall, we were very happy with our experience!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Emily · Married on 01/13/2018

With all the giant windows gorgeous natural scenery, we could not have picked a more beautiful place to hold our wedding reception. The staff was great to work with even four months later, my guests are still talking about how wonderful the venue was. It's affordable, gorgeous, and there is plenty of space for all the guests to party comfortably.

Sent on 05/02/2018

What a beautiful venue, the lake and mountain in the background were fantastic and we got beautiful pictures to remember it all. The team at Lake Wilderness Lodge did a great job setting up for my wedding. They were very helpful providing suggestions about my floor plan and set-up and gladly accepted my last minute changes.

Sent on 09/20/2015

I enjoyed having my wedding ceremony and reception here. I received so many compliments on it and I would not change my venue if I had the chance to go back and change it. So beautiful.. staff were helpful.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2012

This venue is absolutely beautiful. I knew I wanted to get married with some sort of water view and Lake Wilderness Lodge had floor to ceiling windows over looking the lake. I had planned on getting married on the grass but when rain struck we decided to hold the ceremony inside. But with this venue, it is just as beautiful inside as out because of the view and the spiral staircase that you can walk down. They do allow you to bring in your own food and beverage but no decor on the walls which we supplemented with uplighting. The venue coordinator was quick to respond by email with all of my questions that I had and easy to work with on the consultation for the layout of our day. The staff took great care of us on the day of.

Sent on 10/14/2012

Jill · Married on 09/15/2007

I was thrilled to find a reasonably priced place where we could have both our ceremony and reception. The location is beautiful. We had a lake-side ceremony outside and the reception hall was definitely big enough for our 175 guests. I really liked all of the white lights they have strung around the room...it creates a very soft, romantic atmosphere. The staff at Lake Wilderness Lodge are friendly and helpful. You get a lot of flexibility with this space...you don't have to use a specific caterer, florist, or other vendor, which allows you the freedom to bring in whoever you want. We also liked that you can rent it for a 12-hour period, so we didn't have to worry about getting in and out really quickly. We essentially had the entire day to set things up, which made it more relaxing for us. We had a great experience at the Lodge.

Sent on 08/31/2008

Lew · Married on 05/02/2001

The Lodge offers a spectaclar view of the lake from all three levels. The staff was really nice.

Sent on 04/09/2007

Bruno · Married on 10/19/2013

great venue with big open space. interior totem pole with wrap around stair well was a nice touch.
    this place lit up very nice in the evening with all the lighting, inside & outside.
    It was nice to be able to bring in our own decorations. I always appreciate the flexability of being able to bring in our own catering.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Clayton Kanyika · Married on 02/24/2019

Phenomenal

The whole experience was made easy. The space is incredible.

Sent on 03/21/2019

Brittany · Married on 10/05/2014

4.2

This venue is gorgeous. They were willing to work with me and suggested a last minute move to outdoors for the ceremony since it turned out to be a gorgeous day in October.

Sent on 10/06/2014

jessica · event on 08/17/2014

3.0

The wedding was beautiful and the staff was helpful. While the lodge offered a beautiful scenery inside and out, they decorated the brides room very elegantly as we'll. I will say the flexibility is a little strict when it comes I times and cost. However I wouldn't have changed my venue. Still so pretty

Sent on 11/16/2014

Shiela · Married on 11/14/2009

3.5

This Lodge is gorgeous, it's a little expensive, however for the price (compared to comp venues) it was spectacular. The lake was a perfect backdrop for my wedding. The only real problem we had with the Lodge is their sound system. They are VERY expressive about making sure it works properly before your big day and making sure all the DJ equipment will work. However, it was fine for our rehearsal and the day of...there were many problems with it. Unfortunately, a friend of mine had the same problem. If I were to do anything differently, I would definitely put the dance floor downstairs. This way we wouldn't have had people wandering and milling around waiting for the stereo to be worked on.

Other than that, everything was great.

Sent on 11/24/2009

sarah · Married on 04/17/2011

What an amazing place to be married! We were lucky enought to have picked a day with out rain and were able to have our ceromony lakeside! The 3 levels allows the older guest to escape "crazy dancing and loud music" from the dance floor! They are very strict on the timeline and adding an extra hour can be expensive! I dont believe the time given is enough to take pictures before, set up, have a ceromony, and a reception so we chose to get ready in a hotel nearby, which save alot of money! I would recommend this place to everyone! It offers beautiful scenery and a cozy lodge feeling! Our guests really enjoyed this place!

Sent on 05/05/2011

Tamara · Married on 10/10/2010

3.8
      3.0

We loved this place! We picked it for its beautiful natural setting on the lake surrounded by trees. Our outdoors photos and ceremony turned out great. The lodge is nice, nothing super fancy, but has a lot of useful things like a full kitchen and bride and groom rooms. Our only issue was the lodge manager wasn't the most flexible, friendly person to deal with. She wants things her way or the highway. But the staff on the day of the event were great!

Sent on 11/15/2010

Andre · Married on 12/28/2014

3.6
      2.0
      3.0

Overall a great venue! They are low on staff support for the day to day questions prior to the wedding, but other than that it was great! I recommend it for the price.

Sent on 04/15/2015