Lake of Isles Reviews

79 | North Stonington, CT

79 Reviews for Lake of Isles

Roxanne · Married on 08/09/2014

My husband and I got married at Lake of Isles on August 9 , 2014 it was perfect!! I called and spoke to this enthusiastic lady on the phone named Sheila Graham ..We ended up being late for an hour for some reason which was so embarassing because we aren't like that and it's not really a good first impression however Sheila was very nice and understanding. She walked us throughout the property and we fell inlove with the venue. Sheila was a big part of us booking the place. She made it soo easy because she was fun, energetic and professional at the same time . We knew that moment it is the perfect place! We booked it the same day. Sheila walked me through the whole process of planning my wedding . I would email and call her atleast 3 times a week about silly questions I had and she would respond immediately... She gave me vendors that she knew that's as fabulous as her and will deliver an excellent job. On our wedding day Bethany the assistant was with me the whole time and made sure everything runned smoothly. Bethany was there along with Sheila the moment I stepped out of the car , walked down the isle , cater to my wedding party while we were taking pictures.. passing hors d'oeuvres , drink or anything that we needed . Our wedding night was absolutely PERFECT !!! Our guest kept coming to my husband and I giving us compliment about Lake of Isles.. They said the place is beautiful , the service is excellent and right on the money, and most importantly the food was fabulous!!! They said the best wedding food they've had by far!!! They can cut through the filet mignon with a fork.. It was truly Outstanding. I can't thank Sheila and Bethany enough for the helped and service they have provided.. It was absolutely incredible.. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU and I will surely miss you guys especially Sheila that I grew to love throughout this process. My husband and I are forever thankful to you! With all our love Mr and Mrs Palladino :)

Sent on 08/12/2014

Can't say enough great things about this venue so will try and keep this short. We had other venues in mind and from the start weren’t happy with the lack of responsiveness. As soon as we spoke with Sheila we were impressed. We went and saw LOI for the first time and decided not even to look at other venues.
    From day 1 when we called to inquire about the venue we noticed the professionalism and enthusiasm from Sheila. This continued throughout our time working with her up until the wedding. She responded to any call or email in a timely manner and was always able to answer our questions. She was able to find times to meet with us when needed despite our busy schedules it always worked out. We cannot say enough good things about Sheila.
    Along with the great service we received throughout, the venue is beautiful and the food is amazing! We had great feedback from all of our guests about the venue. A couple perks for us is everything was handled in house so everything we did (cake, food, ceremony) went through Sheila. Cake came out perfect, both visually what we imagined and also tasting amazing. We also received a complimentary round of golf for the 2 of us with the package. It was a great day and added to the time we were able to spend with our families & wedding party.
    We HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone thinking of getting married!!!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Kristen · Married on 07/05/2014

Lake of Isles was absolutely amazing. Both my sister and I were married at Lake of Isles because of the gorgeous venue, incredible staff, beautiful outdoor cocktail hour setting, and the incredible grounds. My wedding was the most incredible day and it would not have been the same if I had not trusted Lake of Isles to host my event!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 06/21/2014

Lake of Isles proved to be the absolute perfect venue for our wedding. From the moment we arrived to look at the venue, we felt comfortable and knew it was the perfect place for our reception. We were greeted by Sheila Graham, who was by far the best wedding coordinator one could ask for. She was attentive to our every need from the moment we walked in all the way through our wedding day. I never felt nervous about planning my wedding out of state because I knew Sheila was on top of everything! She is extremely organized and remembers even the smallest details. For example, she highly impressed my parents when she greeted them by their first names upon our second meeting. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sheila.

As our day approached, my husband and I never felt nervous about how the reception would go. Our food tasting went wonderfully, and we chose the Filet Mignon and chicken. The food was absolutely delicious. I truly believe every guest thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Almost every table commented on how delicious the good was.

My husband and I were very appreciative that the open bar charge was factored into the per person price. The bartenders were excellent!

One of my favorite parts of the wedding was our cocktail hour reception on the back deck. It was truly exquisite! It provided for a wonderful setting on a beautiful afternoon.

I highly recommend Lake of Isles for a wedding venue. I would never have chosen another place! Honestly, every little and big thing about that day was PERFECT!!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/25/2014

Staff was first class as well as the view, food, drinks, cake, etc. Best day of my life enhanced by a beautiful venue!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Lake of Isles's reply:

Hi, Amanda,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your Lake of Isles experience with other brides on weddingwire.com! I so appreciate all of your kind words, and most of all, that you and Mark were happy with your Wedding day. Best wishes to you both! :)

melissa · Married on 05/10/2014

Lake of Isles was the perfect place for our wedding reception. Sheila was extremely helpful leading up to the big day. She helped us stay on track and was a sounding board for any ideas we had. She was very responsive and quick to answer any questions. It was a pleasure working with her. Bethany was our onsite coordinator the day of the wedding and it was great to have her. She kept everything in order and helped to make sure the evening ran smoothly while making sure that we had everything we needed. The staff at lake of isles is extremely professional and I would highly recommend the venue to any brides/grooms.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/03/2014

My husband and I had our reception at Lake of Isles last Saturday and we were more than pleased with our experience. Sheila Grahm (the catering director) was extremely helpful throughout the whole experience. She was flexible, knowledgeable and professional. She responded immediately through e-mail or by phone whenever I had a question, which was multiple times per day as we got closer to our wedding date. Bethany Paquette (the banquet manager) was also extremely helpful and oversaw everything the day of our wedding to make sure things went smoothly. Her pleasant, calm and professional demeanor made my husband and I feel at ease throughout the whole day. The food was delicious and the dining room looked spectacular. The cake was also made by the chefs at Lake of Isles and was absolutely beautiful, not to mention delicious! I would highly recommend Lake of Isles as a venue for your wedding...you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2013

I can't say enough about the Lake of Isles event team! Sheila worked with me throughout the year, helping with ideas, giving suggestions, and making sure everything was personal to my husband and me. When the day got closer, meetings went smoothly, Bethany was introduced to help with the day of, items were tracked and organized. The venue itself provided with absolutely beautiful backdrops for the ceremony and especially for pictures. The day of the wedding, things couldn't have gone more smoothly! If anything went wrong, I didn't know, I still don't know, about it. Bethany could not have been more helpful. Everyone on the team were incredibly helpful, one guest saying that she felt even the waitstaff were invested in making the evening special. And the food!! People are STILL talking about the food 3 months later! :) Thank you Lake of Isles for making our wedding so special and perfect!

Sent on 12/23/2013
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 09/21/2013

The perfect venue for a wedding. You can have your ceremomy on the beautiful deck overlooking the lake. The food is fantastic, and the staff is excellent, they catered to our every need. We had a few guests who had special dietary concerns and they were well taken care of. Sheila and Bethany are the most professional, organized, and personable people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. When the big day finally came, everything was perfect and well coordinated thanks to the staff. The bride and maids were well taken care of in a special room complete with snacks and drinks...champagne. They even made a signature cocktail for the reception, they make their own cakes which was fantastic, tasty and beautiful! I cannot say enough! a+++

Sent on 09/27/2013

Allyson · Married on 06/07/2013

Lake of Isles was by far the most amazing experience we could have had for a venue. Where to start? The location itself is amazing, it is Foxwoods Resort and Casino's golf club, with the ballroom and clubhouse as unique and exquisite as anything I have ever seen. So romantic and beautiful, everything about the building was perfect.

Sheila is outstanding. Her professionalism, and flexibility was amazing. I must have spoken to her 5 times a week for a year straight, and every time (even with the silliest of questions from me!) she was so great. She makes the wedding experience at Lake of Isles truly special.

Bethany was great as our day of event manager, she got everything all set and went off without a hitch!

the food is HANDS DOWN THE BEST food we have ever had at a wedding. Everyone kept coming up to us during the wedding and the next day saying how they have never had such good food at a wedding before. From the butlered hor d'oeuvres to the main courses, it was perfect. I am not sure if I will ever taste filet that was that amazing!

We were originally supposed to get married on the beautiful lakefront ceremony deck, however rain forced us to go inside. Although I was a big bummed about that, their plan b was just as beautiful!

Everything about this location is perfect. The scenery, people, food, everything. We also got a complimentary suite at MGM grand a foxwoods for our stay - it was beautiful.

I highly recommend this place for your wedding! They are so organized and amazing to work with it is a great experience. Also, LOI only does 1 wedding a day, so no matter what, you are their top priority (didn't feel like a place that just does weddings, felt way more intimate and special)

Sent on 06/18/2013

Jenn · Married on 12/08/2012

We had our Reception here during the winter and I have to say of all the vendors that I used Lake of Isles by far received my best rating. They completely surpassed my expectations of what this night would be. From start to finish the night was a dream. Not only did the room look beautiful, but entire building was decked out in Christmas decor, it was absolutely breathtaking. The food was world class; in some cases I think guests would have licked the plate if they could.

Hands down the best part of the service is Sheila and Bethany. I could not have asked to work with a better team. Working full time at a high demand job, often times planning my wedding took a back seat and Sheila was able to keep me on track and be flexible when I was slow to get back to her. On the day of the wedding Bethany made sure that there was order to the evening. I didn't expect that I would be so excited and lose track of time, I don't know what I would have done if she wasn't there to make sure the night ran smoothly and everything that needed to get done did. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone that is getting married. I could not have asked for it be more perfect!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Beautiful Location, Amazing Staff! Highly Recommend!!!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Megan · Married on 10/19/2012

Lake of Isles was the perfect venue! I was drawn to them because they only do 1 wedding per day so you get one on one attention but it is also absolutely beautiful. Sheila and Bethany were AMAZING. They made sure that everything ran smoothly. We were hoping to use the deck for our cocktail hour as the location is just beautiful but it poured. Despite the rain they drove us out to the bridge for pictures in the pouring rain. They were such troopers! The food is the best I have ever had for a wedding and the cake was included in our package which was also delicious. Lake of Isles made sure everything was taken care of and I did not have to worry about a thing. They made everything easy. I can not say enough good things about Lake of Isles and the service they provide. Not to mention the location right next to the casino makes for an excellent afterparty! I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 11/06/2012
  • User2719732 · 2+ years ago

Lake of Isles is a beautiful venue that sets itself apart with the quality of service that is provided. Sheila, director of catering, is the utmost professional. She knows weddings and is able to provide guidance to ensure that your day is perfect but she is not pushy in anyway. The entire wedding planning process was a breeze, they did everything in their power to accomodate our requests. Sheila would always respond promptly to any number of crazy questions we had, always professional.

The venue itself is breathtaking with a private ballroom overlooking the lake with beautiful decor and large windows. The ceilings are very high which make the room feel even more open. The entire building is well maintained. We were able to take pictures on the grounds which are stunning. I want to stress that the ballroom is very private from the other parts of the clubhouse, you don't have another wedding going on nor do you run into other people.

We received so many compliments on the quality of the service and the food. On the day of, Bethany was there by our side to ensure our vision was executed. A late call had to be made on whether we should have cocktail hour indoors due to weather, it was important to us to have it outdoors but ultimately Bethany and her team quickly transitioned it indoors when the weather changed.

We could not have been happier with our choice of venue, it was an amazing day and experience! Lake of Isles is a one of a kind establishment in Southeastern CT/Southern RI that we are thankful we found.

Sent on 10/29/2012

A MUST VISIT! I don't know where to start. Everything from the team to the outside grounds to the venue inside was beyond our expectations.

Above all I think it was the "little things" that truly made a difference... The teams' organization, the check-ins leading up to our wedding day, the private room for our wedding party, the staff dedicated to serving drinks to just my husband and I on our wedding day and the attention to detail throughout the entire time. I do not have a single complaint.

To the month's leading up to our March wedding, their event coordinator was so organized that it was like having my very own wedding planner to work with and plan the event; what a huge help!

Prior to our wedding we met with the Lake of Isles team with all our decorations and did a walk-through of how we wanted everything to look and the order of events for the day. It was a great feeling to have such confidence and know there was a team behind the scenes making our day unfold.

We also knew the Grand Ballroom was breathtaking, but on the day of the wedding, with our centerpieces in place, and up lighting illuminating the pillars it made such an impact and had a real "Wow Factor". (I highly recommend additional lighting - the room is perfect for it!)

I should also note that prior to the wedding day we participated in a showcase at the venue where we sampled & selected hors d'œuvres for our cocktail hour. (we also found our lighting vendor and band here). Even better, we also got to sample the cake! I have a plate of 4 different cakes, frosting and fillers and was able to try various combinations before we finally settled on a vanilla almond cake with lemon filler and butter cream frosting - YUM!

Must see. Must visit. Five Stars!

Sent on 11/11/2012

Kristin · Married on 07/15/2011

Absolutely incredible. This place is top notch in every way. The grounds are beautiful, the food is wonderful (and there is plenty of it!!!). What I would like to comment on most is the staff. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. Sheila and Bethany go above and beyond to make your wedding absolutely perfect. I am a type "A" perfectionist and I can honestly say my husband and I both enjoyed our day because they took care of everything. I still have no idea if there were any problems. In the months leading up to the wedding Sheila walked you through everything and didn't miss a beat. She answers emails so promptly I couldn't keep up with myself. This place is classy, caring....it has all the frills without being stuffy. I would recommend this WITHOUT Hesitation. Well worth everything!!!!

Sent on 11/12/2011

Morgan · Married on 07/31/2010

I might be a little biased, but I had the most beautiful wedding ever at Lake of Isles. Everyone there is so amazing. Sheila and Bethany were fun to work with and made sure that everything went smoothly. The ceremony and reception were flawless and the food was wonderful. Everyone said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to!

Sent on 08/02/2010

Nicholas · Married on 03/20/2010

Lake of Isles is by far the best wedding reception spot in all of New England. Everything is taken care of for you and carefully planned. Well worth every dime. Sheila and Beth are amazing people that would do anything to make your day that much more special. I highly recommend every aspect of Lake of Isles.....let them create memories for you like they did for me!!!!

Sent on 04/14/2010

Amy · Married on 09/19/2009

I could not have been happier with our wedding at Lake of Isles! We had the perfect day, the staff went well above and beyond to make our day special and memorable. I can't say enough great things about it. The facilities are gorgeous, the staff are the best that I have ever dealt with and it is well worth every penny! The event coordinator and banquet manager were amazing, I am so happy that they were there to help us through the planning process, it made it very easy, our day was stress-free and ran smoothly. We keep getting compliments from our guests on everything from the food, to the staff to the ball room itself.

Sent on 10/14/2009

Stephanie · Married on 02/21/2009

The staff at the Lake of Isles was absolutely amazing! They did a fantastic job with every aspect of our wedding, and we could not be happier.

Sent on 03/10/2009
  • 2BeMrsLee

Amy · Married on 09/06/2008

I couldn't have asked for anything more from Lake of Isles. At the last minute we had to move our ceremony indoors because of the rain - but everything was seamless. No one even knew that indoors was "plan B"!

Sent on 09/30/2008

Katie · Married on 10/27/2007

I absolutely LOVED Lake of Isles! The place is gorgeous, the staff is friendly and accomodating, the food was delicious, and overall, my wedding was a night I'll always cherish. The event coordinators - especially Sheila - were just a joy to work with. I wholeheartedly recommend Lake of Isles to any bride!

Sent on 08/04/2008

Corin · Married on 10/03/2014

I loved every minute of our experience at Lake of Isles!
    From the initial showing, we knew this venue was The One. Sheila, the event coordinator is absolutely fantastic in every way possible. She is very responsive to email and I never felt like I waited for her response throughout the whole process. We discussed all of our options from the start in a beautifully designed showing, professional programs describing the venue.

The tasting was phenomenal and the food is wonderful! The only problem was deciding on the 2 meals, all of the dinner options were outstanding. The tasting was elegant and after leaving the tasting we were even more floored with how excellent this venue is.

The day of the wedding, the staff was like a well oiled machine. All of the details were done when the wedding party arrived, the wedding planner was perfect. She even held our little flower girl as needed and got behind the cameras to make faces and make her smile :) At one point, our flower girl bolted down the aisle in the middle of the bridesmaids so she chased her down and implemented her plan B to have her mother (my sister-in-law) walk with her to the edge of the aisle. The pictures are all fantastic!

The venue is a bit pricey at first glance but be sure you compare apples to apples when you are comparing venues! In the Lake of Isles price, this includes, food/bev, dance floor, tables, linens, SHUTTLES to Foxwoods, reduced rates on Foxwoods hotels and a bridal suite the night of the wedding.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Our wedding at Lake of Isles was wonderful and all of our guests had a wonderful time. I tend to be very difficult to work with and demanding and Sheila went above and beyond every request and was very responsive. We customized a lot of our reception and many of our requests were not their standard options from food to the setup of the room. Everything that they did even if it had not been done before was done to the highest standard and just shows their professionalism. We had had close to 190 guests and rented a larger dance floor and the room still felt spacious. Not enough can be said for the food from beginning to end everything was delicious. This venue is worth every penny and you get what you paid for tenfold

Sent on 09/16/2014

Jenna · Married on 08/28/2010

I recently had my wedding here. It was absolute perfection. I know that the professionalizm and the experience of the staff made this possible. My guests are still talking about it!

Sent on 09/02/2010