Lake of Isles Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Lake of Isles 1
Lake of Isles 2

Donna · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfection! From the first moment to the last. Sheila the catering director is responsive, flexible, offers great options, and her orginzational skills are out of this world! Chris who ran the day of made the venue our vision picture perfect! Melissa catered to us the day of making sure we were always content. Our day was absolutely perfect and it was all due to the staff! If you want a party thrown just how you want it and more, you need to work with Sheila Graham at Lake of Isles.

Lisa · Married on 08/03/2018

Sheila and Bethany were incredible! They were professional and attentive to every detail! The venue, the food and an all around amazing experience!!!

Lake of Isles 4

Erin · Married on 08/03/2018

We loved everything about Lake of Isles the moment we went to check it out. Not only is this a beautiful place to have a wedding but working with Sheila and Bethany made wedding planning a breeze. Sheila was so attentive and responsive to us with any question that we had during the planning process. Additionally since I was newer to the area she even helped suggest a wonderful minister for our ceremony. She helped to keep us organized and made us feel special about our day from start to finish. On the days leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding Bethany had such great attention to detail and she helped to make sure all of the different parts of the ceremony and reception ran perfectly. The staff at the Lake of Isles that worked during our wedding were all friendly and helpful to our guests. We have looked back and reflected on our wedding day and can't pinpoint anything that we would change in our experience at Lake of Isles. If you are looking for a wonderful wedding where your guests will enjoy themselves in a place that is all about celebrating you and only you on your day book Lake of Isles. I would book an event with them again in a heart beat.

Nicole · Married on 07/28/2018

Choosing Lake of Isles for our wedding reception was the best choice we made for our wedding. The staff at Lake of Isles is exceptional- Sheila was so helpful and organized during the planning process and the day of event manager Bethany made sure everything ran smoothly. The servers went out of their way to make our guests feel comfortable, we got multiple comments about how well servers took care of our guests. We had a number of guests with food allergies and Sheila and her team made sure everyone was accommodated throughout the entire meal. The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL and we have the most gorgeous pictures from our post ceremony photo session on the golf course. Our guests loved having cocktail hour on the deck overlooking the lake and the ballroom has windows all along the back wall for a beautiful view of the lake as well. The ballroom is large and open with very high ceilings. The team took care of all the day of decorating, I just had to drop off my labeled decorations a few days before, and they made everything look perfect. I can't say enough about the food, we had so many guests come up to us the next day raving about the food at the cocktail hour and reception. Everything was delicious and our server made sure my husband and I actually got to eat during the wedding! One of the best parts of the venue is that they only have one event each day so your wedding is their main focus and you don't have to worry about other events going on at the same time like you do with some hotels or banquet venues. Overall I highly recommend every aspect of Lake of Isles for an exceptional wedding!

Caitlin · Married on 06/16/2018

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding this past June. Lake of Isles exceeded all of our expectations. Both Bethany and Sheila made our dream wedding and vision come true! They were both so great and easy to work with. The deck was a perfect place for our wedding guests to enjoy cocktail hour. The tables and layout of the reception space worked well for all 230 of our wedding guests. The food was exceptional! The lake and golf course was an amazing background for all of our wedding photos. They also provided shuttle services for all of our guests back to foxwoods casino. Wedding guests can’t stop commenting on how great everything was! We were very pleased with everything at our wedding reception and wish we could do it all over again! It was the best day! We would definitely recommend Lake of Isles to anyone looking for a wedding venue..you will not be disappointed!

Kristine · Married on 05/26/2018

We couldn’t have asked for a better place to have our wedding than the Lake of Isles. We only had 6 months to plan our wedding and Sheila made sure everything was PERFECT! She was extremely flexible with us when picking out the menus and arranging the tables. The venue was perfect, we had a personal attendant that stayed with us all night and was very attentive and helpful throughout the day. The weather was great and we could have our Happy Hour out on the deck and then our reception inside. Sheila put us at ease the minute we started planning. She made me feel comfortable and didn’t let us stress over one thing! The food was amazing! We had a large wedding and everything from the passed appetizers to the antipasto station to the main dish and the late-night pizza, everything was just delicious! Beth also did a wonderful job of managing the reception into the late hours of the night. We had seen several other venues in the area and this one had everything we were looking for. They provided shuttles to the casino afterwards for all of our guests as well. I’d definitely recommend this venue to anyone who is looking to have a 5 star experience and service on their wedding day!

Kristen · Married on 05/05/2018

We had THE perfect wedding reception!!! Sheila helped us plan the wedding of our dreams!! Our friends and family couldn't stop raving about the reception. Between the food, venue and staff....they all said that it was the best reception they have ever been to. Bethany was also amazing. She went above and beyond. She was extremely attentive all night long and ensured we were aware of where/when things were taking place. We were also impressed with our bridal attendant. She made sure we had everything we needed all night long. The food (what we managed to eat) was incredible. Thank you Sheila and team for making our day picture perfect!

Suzanne · Married on 04/27/2018

I cannot get over this place. They have wedding planning down to a T. I am so beyond happy to have gone with Lake of Isles for my wedding. Working with Sheila and her team was a treat. Professional, responsive and they execute your wedding better than what your mind could think of. Let's not forget, they make planning a wedding so easy!!! No detail is forgotten. I would do it all over again just so I can work with these ladies again.

Bella · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband and I got married at Lake of Isles on 11/4/17. From the start of our planning to picking up our decorations the day after our wedding, everything was amazing. Sheila was super responsive, no matter what small or silly question we had. She helped us so muchthroughout, making our planning significantly less stressful. We met Bethany the day before, and quickly realized she would be a large part of the reason our day would stay stress free so we could simply enjoy it. The day was beautiful, the food was awesome, and our guests are still raving about the day. We could've gone with venues closer to home, but nothing was comparable. The location, ambiance, and staff are all wonderful. I would 100% recommend Lake of Isles to anyone who wants a fabulous, stress-free wedding day! Thanks to Sheila, Bethany, and the whole staff!

Mia · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Lake of Isles on June 10, 2017 and I still can’t stop ranting and raving about how amazing the staff was. Five stars just isn’t enough for this venue, the staff and the food! We loved that the venue has only one wedding a day – this allowed for a more intimate feel that the day truly was our special day. We were overly impressed with both Sheila and Bethany – these two ladies have such a love and passion for what they do. Sheila was amazing during the whole wedding planning process and made it a breeze! She was extremely responsive and answered all my questions to ensure no detail got lost - she was extremely organized and detail oriented which I loved! We were also so happy Bethany was there to help with our wedding the day of – she made sure every little detail was absolutely perfect based on what we discussed in our final appointment. She went above and beyond our expectations and made sure everything was taken care of and the day went off without any issues! She was extremely attentive all night long and ensured we were aware of where/when things were taking place. We were also extremely impressed with Melissa, our bridal attendant, who also took care of us during the night. We had our ceremony out on the deck overlooking the water and our cocktail hour down in Matches. Every bride hopes that the vision in her head comes through the day of the wedding– well these ladies did a FANTASTIC job – I remember my mom coming up to me and saying ‘wait until you see the ballroom – it’s everything you’ve imagined and more.’ From the hors d'oeuvres to the entrees – the food was absolutely amazing! We've heard back from so many guests about how impressed they were with the staff, the venue and the food! We would highly recommend LOI to anyone!! A HUGE thank you again to the whole LOI staff for helping to make our day absolutely perfect – words truly cannot describe how grateful Kyle and I are!

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2016

Our wedding at Lake of Isles was beyond perfection! From the minute we viewed the venue and met Sheila we were in love. Sheila is an absolute pleasure to work with; she is friendly, professional, makes you feel like a priority at all times and answers and questions or concerns quickly. On the day before our wedding, I met Bethany, who would be the coordinator at our wedding. She too immediately made me feel so comfortable and I knew everything would be taken care of! From the minute we arrived from the church, Sheila and Bethany welcomed us with warm smiles and arranged to have us taken to the bridge for photos in time to catch the sunset. When we came back, Sheila and Bethany met us again with a plate of appetizers to snack on before we headed in to greet our guests! It was something that may seem small, but to be able to take a few quiet moments and share a few laughs before the reception kicked off was just perfect. The level of service that LOI provides is exquisite. The staff is incredible, the food is out of this world and the venue itself is flawless! I am still receiving calls from family and friends raving about the food and the service they experienced at our wedding. I HIGHLY recommend Lake of Isles, and I am so thrilled that we chose it for the wedding of our dreams!

Brittany · Married on 10/08/2016

Lake of Isles is beautiful - I think I will forever be disappointed that it rained on our wedding day and we didn't get to take advantage of the dock. BUT we had a beautiful indoor ceremony still overlooking the lake. From the beginning of the process, Sheila was amazing to work with (super communicative and fast with responses)! The transition to Bethany (day-of coordinator) was seamless. Bethany was on top of everything, from telling my bridesmaids how to best walk down the aisle, to ensuring the guests were smoothly moved from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception (all of our guests said it was the best coordination they have ever seen at a wedding!) And love that Bethany even dressed up in black and gold to match our Great Gatsby theme!!! And the food was fantastic - everyone kept complimenting it. Highly highly recommend!!! Thank you Sheila, Bethany and everyone at Lake of Isles for making our day amazing!

Kimberly · Married on 09/25/2016

Shiela, Bethany and the team at Lake of Isles made our wedding day everything we could have ever hoped! Planning prior to the wedding was made easy with Sheila helping every step of the way; no question was ever too silly and she jump at the opportunity to fulfill any requests we had. We cannot thank Sheila enough for all of her help, she truly made planning the wedding much simpler then we ever could have thought. The day of our wedding went off without a hitch thanks a great deal to Bethany and her team. She made the day about us and our guests and was absolutely amazing to work with. For the décor, she was able to bring our vision to life and made it even better than I could have imagined, even adding a few touches of her own. She did an incredible job coordinating all the events and making sure they remained on time. Not to mention the food was top of the line, and the location and views are unbeatable! Lake of Isles made our wedding the time of our lives and our guests have had nothing but compliments for the whole night. We wouldn't change a thing if we were to go back and redo it!

Robin · Married on 09/23/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sheila and Bethany at Lake of Isles! When looking for a venue, it was very important to my husband and I that we could feel at ease with the wedding planners and coordinators. After looking at nearly 10 venues, we finally found that in Sheila. Sheila is absolutely wonderful to work with. She responds very quickly to all emails and phone calls and really made me feel at ease during the planning process. She is very organized and was great in accommodating all of our special requests. Bethany, the day of coordinator was phenomenal. She kept the day running smoothly and on time, and helped to keep me calm when I was having issues with my dress. She even jumped in and helped to fix my dress when it kept coming undone. The only complaint we heard from guests was that one of the bartenders was rude and they left a tip jar on the counter when it should not have been. But the venue is gorgeous, it combines majestic views of a golf course and a lakefront atmosphere which makes for a great background for photos. The food was amazing, especially the filet mignon. Sheila, Bethany, and the other wait staff truly made the day stress free. We would definitely recommend Lake of Isles. Our guests continue to compliment us weeks later that it was one of the nicest weddings that they had ever been to, and we thank the staff at Lake of Isles for that.

Corey · Married on 09/10/2016

Lake of Isles created our dream wedding. Right from the very first meeting, my wife and I knew there was something special about Lake of Isles and the coordinator Sheila. She was extremely friendly and professional and it felt like we had known her for years. She was more than happy to build us a custom package for our reception. Throughout the entire planning process, Sheila was always quick to respond to questions and available whenever we needed her. The venue itself is beautiful. We had our ceremony on the dock overlooking the lake, the cocktail hour in Matches Tavern, and the reception in the large ballroom. Everything turned out even better than how we envisioned. Bethany is the day of coordinator and she is just as amazing as Sheila. She gave us direction during the rehearsal/day of the wedding and was able to keep us calm. During cocktail hour she attended to our family as we were taking pictures along with the server dedicated to the bride and groom. Our theme was nautical and Bethany went above and beyond with little details at the bar and our guest book table. The food was spectacular. All of our guests were so pleased with the selections at our stations (Asian display, pasta bar, carving station and Venetian table). Everything ran smoothly and it was all thanks to Bethany and Sheila. They are the best of the best and it was such a pleasure getting to work with them to create the wedding of our dreams at Lake of Isles. If you want a fantastic wedding that your guests will be talking about for years to come, look no further than Lake of Isles.

Kelly · Married on 09/09/2016

Sheila was absolutely amazing from the first meeting, to answering questions leading up to the big day, to mapping out the final details the day before. She would remember something I mentioned in passing months before and bring it up again. Additionally, Bethany and our personal server, Melissa, went above and beyond our expectations. They anticipated what we needed before we even needed it! We received rave reviews about the food and service even many months after. We worried about absolutely nothing the day of the wedding and all of our special requests were honored. I highly recommend this venue to all couples looking.

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2016

Our wedding reception at Lake of Isles was beyond perfect. I can't say enough about how extraordinary our experience was. We began planning a little over a year in advance and found that of all the venues we considered, Lake of Isles had the best price for a guest list of 200. We had a wonderful tour and later attended an event to sample cakes, appetizers, and meet other vendors. All throughout the planning process, Sheila (Director of Catering) was fabulous. I would send an email with a question on a Sunday night and get a response within hours. She was always courteous and professional. No question was too insignificant for her to address.
    The day before our wedding Sheila, Bethany, and other friendly staff members helped us set up our centerpieces (made out of books for a literary theme wedding). We brought multiple items, including family photos, and nothing was lost in the shuffle.
    Our wedding was August 19, 2016. While the bridal party was taking pictures, the guests enjoyed a cocktail hour on the beautiful deck. The food was delicious and Lake of Isles accommodated my Polish family by adding kielbasa to the appetizer list for us. They also found a specific mixer that my mother had requested and a waiter scurried down from the reception hall to the deck with a bottle so my mother could have her preferred drink.
    Guests raved about the food. We selected the prime rib, free range chicken breast with artichokes, and a stuffed mushroom vegetarian option. Lake of Isles was very accommodating to guests who had special dietary needs, like vegetarians, vegans, and people with gluten and nut allergies. They provided alternative salad dressings and desserts to guests who could not enjoy the Caesar salad or cake. One guest in particular raved about the coffee! My husband and I had a waitress especially for us. She made our experience stress-free. All staff members were courteous, helpful, and professional. Our day was truly amazing!

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

Absolutely incredible! Our day went perfectly thanks to Sheila and Bethany! I could not have asked for a better group to plan my wedding with. Sheila was prompt with emails, never made me feel like a burden, and made me feel truly special. I cannot say it enough, Lake of Isles was the absolute perfect place! We did not get to enjoy our food at the reception, but the staff wrapped it up for us to take home. Even a day later and heated up in the microwave; perfection! I can't wait to enjoy another wedding there as a guest! Thank you to Sheila and Bethany for everything - you made this the best day of our lives!

Melissa · Married on 05/28/2016

Amazing, amazing, amazing! I honestly do not have any negative things to say about having my cocktail hour and reception at Lake of Isles. Sheila was incredible in helping plan out how everything was going to go. She was so knowledgeable, patient, and accommodating. She always got back to me so quickly and never seemed to be getting annoyed when I would ask her question after question. She was on top of everything. And Bethany was absolutely incredible day of. I met her at a final meeting, and she was reviewing all the details and how everything would go and seemed very on top of her game. At the wedding she was very visible, always available if we had a question, and very flexible. She never seem flustered and just made sure whatever we wanted/needed happened. The venue was also beautiful, the food was great, and they were very accommodating for special meal needs (gluten free, dairy free meals). They also had golf carts available to drive guests down to cocktail hour, and there was a shuttle that brought us back to the Foxwoods at the end of the night. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. It is pricier than other venues, but in my mind it was worth every penny. I had no worries about anything going wrong there. And I had a perfect day!

Lake of Isles was a perfect wedding venue. My husband and I could not have been happier with the staff, location, and overall experience. Sheila, the coordinator, was so amazing and helpful. Anytime I had even a small question, Sheila always got back to me within 24 hours. She went above and beyond anything I could have imagined and she eased all of my stress about the big day. During the rehearsal and on the day of, Bethany was so nice, calming, and organized. The rest of the staff was amazing as well, so kind and helpful to anything that myself, the bridal party, or any guest needed. They were able to anticipate what everyone needed before we even had to ask.
    We had our ceremony on the lakefront deck and it was beautiful. All of the food during the cocktail hour and reception was delicious and we are still hearing ravings about the food from our guests. The staff also made sure that my husband and I were actually able to eat during the busy day. Our reception in the ballroom was beautiful and Bethany and the staff were there to make sure the evening went off without a glitch.
    Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and we could not have imagined a better day. I am so glad that we chose Lake of Isles for our venue and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone.

Megan · Married on 04/30/2016

Sheila and her team were amazing and very attentive! Our wedding was better then I ever could of imagined! Our guests have been raving about the place & the food!

Katy · Married on 11/21/2015

Sheila Graham and her staff at Lake of Isles in North Stonington CT were the best. Every time that we had a question, Sheila would email us back within hours with the answers.
    From the very beginning with our first tour of Lake of Isles, to the day of the reception, everyone was courteous, professional, and organized. Sheila takes you through every step of the wedding reception process and never made it feel like a chore. We got engaged in March, and married in November, so we had a shortened time line, but we never felt rushed or disorganized because Sheila was always there to remind us of the next step.
    We met with Sheila and Bethany, the catering manager who was present during the reception, the day before the wedding, and they had everything done for us! It was a completely stress free meeting where we sat and chatted about the day's events.
    The day of the wedding, we had no complaints. Everything from the setup of the band to the last dance ran smoothly.
    The food at Lake of Isles was amazing. We ordered the Filet Mignon and the chicken, and many people said that it was the best steak that they had ever eaten.
    The bartenders (we had an open bar) were quick with the drinks and easy to talk to.
    We had an amazing wedding, and Sheila Graham and her staff made it even better!

Thomas · Married on 11/07/2015

We had an amazing time at Lake of Isles. The facility was gorgeous, and looked exactly as it did in the pictures online and in brochures, unlike several other venues we were considering. Sheila is an amazing coordinator--always on top of deadlines and very patient. The food was delicious--several guests commented that they could tell the chefs put effort into selecting high quality ingredients and cooking times for the steak, in particular. The staff was very helpful the day of the wedding. Lake of Isles also has an association with Foxwoods, across the street, which provided extra entertainment for our guests. Highly recommended!

Kara · Married on 10/11/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Lake of Isles and their staff. Sheila was wonderful throughout my whole planning process. Bethany was present for my rehearsal and throughout my wedding, and I couldn't ask for better company and direction. I am truly grateful for my experience and planning a wedding was not my idea of fun. I have a full time job and not a ton of time and honestly no idea how to plan a wedding. Thankfully Sheila helped me throughout the whole process and my wedding couldn't have been more perfect. The venue is gorgeous and it will be a day I will never forget, especially cause it was perfect!