Lake of Isles Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Maria K
    Maria K. Married on 05/14/2022

I am obsessed!

I cannot say enough about Lake of Isles!!!!!! Bethany, Kyle, and the rest of the staff went above and beyond for us. Bethany has been so incredibly helpful this past year and a half- she is so knowledgeable and answers your questions so quickly! She is one of the most genuine people and I seriously am so thankful to have had her throughout this process. Kyle was absolutely AMAZING as our day of coordinator and made our vision come to life. Not a single thing went wrong (and if it did I'm sure Bethany would never tell the bride ;) ). I had a last minute change the morning of the wedding and Bethany handled it like it was nothing! I am seriously in awe at how accommodating and genuine these people are. My entire family and our friends are still telling me how much they loved everyone at Lake of Isles! I really cannot say enough about the entire staff. I want to go back to Lake of Isles just to hang out with all of them again!!!! I would HIGHLY recommend them endlessly for any bride.
  • Amelia
    Amelia H. Married on 05/07/2022

Lake of Isles was perfect!

We cannot thank Bethany and the team at Lake of Isles enough; they made our wedding planning easy, took care of all the set up and take down, and made the day happen without a hitch! The location is absolutely breathtaking and my now husband and I fell in love with the location upon first sight; Bethany made it extremely easy to jump on and say “yes” to getting married here. Throughout the whole process Bethany was always very responsive and transparent; we are so grateful to have had her on our team. Something that we really wanted was to get married outside and in the process of finding a place we knew we’d have to be happy with the alternative “just in case” - the ballroom is incredible and the giant windows help bring the outside in. When we first walked into the ballroom I turned to my now husband and told him “I’d be okay getting married inside if it was here.” Which was good because we got an unfortunately cold and windy/rainy day and the inside setup was perfect and made my guests very comfortable! The other big item that Lake of Isles takes care of is the catering; let me tell you this food is INCREDIBLE - I totally savored every bite! The whole day was absolutely perfect and we couldn’t have asked for better!
    Amanda K. Married on 12/17/2021

The most magically place!

When my now husband and I got engaged, he told me he would visit the top 5 venues that I like (I had a pretty big list of place to check out). The moment I walked into Lake of Isles, it felt like our wedding, even though it was months and months (and then a whole pandemic) away. This was the second venue my husband visited with me and the moment he stepped inside he felt the same as I did the first time. This was our venue, and we both knew it! Picturing our entrance into the ballroom, how we would have it decorated, and the guests dancing the night away. The views are breathtaking from the outside deck, the ballroom is gorgeous, and the rustic fireplace at the entry is incredible. But what truly makes this place so magical is the staff. Bethany, Barbara, Cindy and all the staff that were there to help make our day so special. The staff was so professional, organized and so helpful. We couldn't have asked for a more marvelous place to have our wedding. Thank you Lake of Isles!
  • Diane
    Diane C. Married on 12/11/2021

Picture Perfect!

Lake of Isles is the best place to get married! Bethany and her team did everything in their power to ensure that we had the most amazing day. The whole wedding planning process was smooth and efficient. Bethany was communicative and answered all of my questions quickly. I did not have one single doubt that our wedding would not be perfect. The food was amazing and our guests still rave about the dinner options. The bacon table and pretzel bar were a huge hit! If you are looking for a spot in Southeastern CT to get married, LOI is the venue you want!
    Joshua C. Married on 12/04/2021

The. Best. Venue. Ever!!

I’m not sure where to begin with my review of Lake of Isles. Lake of Isles hosted our wedding reception on December 4th, 2021. We could not imagine having our wedding anywhere but Lake of Isles! We had known for awhile that we wanted to have our reception at Lake of Isles, as we had gone to a wedding there prior, and it was the perfect venue. Little did we know that not only the venue was perfect, but the staff at Lake of Isles was also perfect. Lake of Isles was absolutely amazing through the entire wedding process. I cannot say enough kind things about Bethany, Barbara and entire team at Lake of Isles. They were extremely helpful from our first meeting and continued to be throughout the entire process. Bethany is everything you could ever ask for in a wedding planner. She is professional, extremely responsive, smart, friendly, and extremely organized. In addition, Bethany truly cares about the Bride and Groom and wanted our friends and family to have the best time. She truly wanted to make the day the most special for the bride and groom and will cater to just about any requests you may have.

Our guests had so many wonderful things to say about the beautiful venue, wonderful food, and amazing employees throughout the night! If we could do it all over again, we would choose Lake of Isles again and again!

Thank you, Bethany, Barbara, and the rest of the team at Lake of Isles, for making our day so special, and I will reiterate to all others looking for the best wedding venue possible.
  • Cam
    Cam L. Married on 11/06/2021

Lake of Isles is Amazing!

We got married on 11/6/21 and absolutely loved everything about our wedding at Lake of Isles. We met with the director of catering, Bethany,
    and were immediately sold on the venue. She is so kind and knowledgeable, and helped us
    throughout planning, answering all of our questions promptly. She even remembered and surprised my husband with a special drink request that he had mentioned at our first
    meeting. The location is beautiful, and the packages they offer are all inclusive with food, bar, and cake as well as your choice of add ons which made planning a breeze. They also
    offer a complimentary suite at Foxwoods for the couple (depending on the package you choose) and some golf perks. The day of coordinator, Barbara, was also a delight, and ensured that everything ran smoothly. I can not recommend Lake of Isles enough!
  • Samantha
    Samantha B. Married on 10/17/2021

The best wedding venue ever. Look no where else!

Where to begin, Bethany is everything and more you will ever want and need in a wedding planner. She is incredible, responsive, friendly, smart, and super organized. My husband and I planned our wedding out of state and Bethany was there for every question we had, anything we needed, she was prompt, and thorough. Bethany is one of a kind and you will not be able to find someone better as Bethany is beyond the best!!!!! Further, Lake of Isles as a venue is so beautiful. We had our ceremony on the lakefront deck and it was breathtaking. The LOI crew set up everything perfectly. The reception was inside the ballroom, and wow it was beautiful and elegant. We cannot forgot to mention Barbara, Cindy, and Joe as they are amazing! Barbara and Cindy ensured everything during our wedding (before and after) ran smoothly and on time and they are also super sweet! Joe was our bartender and he knows his stuff! He is friendly and made sure everyone had a drink and was well tended to. Nevertheless, my husband and my family (as well as all of our guests as they have all said it was the best wedding they have been to) cannot express how amazing LOI is and how Bethany and the LOI crew make this possible. Book your wedding and events here, you will NOT be disappointed!!!!!!
    Jennifer C. Married on 10/15/2021

Best Venue in CT !!

We were overwhlmingly satisfied with the staff, crew, venue, location and energy at Lake of Isles. It was the perfect choice for us as the wedding couple. Our guests had nothing but positive things to say about Lake of Isles afterwards. Everyone walked away with a great experience. Barbara and Cindy kept us on track ( and our wedding part too ! ) during the event. They couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful during the wedding. They made everything easy and fun with a smile. However, we can't doa review of our wedding and Lake of Isles without singling out the effort, patience, recommendations, attention to detail, and overall professionalism and kindness of Bethany Arico. Bethany was the main reason we chose Lake of Isles. From our first inquiry to the day after the wedding, Bethany made Lake of Isles the ultimate wedding destination for us. Couldn't have done it without her !!
  • Amber
    Amber A. Married on 09/11/2021

10/10 Cannot Recommend Enough!

I wish I could give Lake of Isles, including Bethany and her team 10 stars!! Our wedding was in September 2021 when COVID restrictions were lifted, but potentially starting to come back, and Bethany was sure to keep us in the loop of what it meant for our wedding. When I had people unexpectedly back out, Bethany worked with me on the catering menu so that we can be sure we met food minimums while maximizing every dollar we spent.

The day of wedding support from Barbara and Melissa was paramount to helping us enjoy our day! Anything we needed or had questions on, both were right there with an answer. It really helped us be able to sit back and relax.

The food was absolutely delicious- our guests could not stop talking about it!

The venue (which included the lakefront deck for ceremony, Matches Tavern for cocktail hour, and upstairs ballroom for reception) was absolutely gorgeous and decorated with all our items exactly how we discussed at the final appointment before the big day.

Overall, I cannot say enough good things about the location, the venue itself, and the people that work at LOI! 10/10 would definitely recommend this venue to others!
    Melissa L. Married on 07/31/2021

The Most Perfect Day!

We loved working with the Lake of Isles team. Bethany was our coordinator, and we couldn't imagine a better experience. She was honestly one of the biggest reasons we picked the location, as she was super organized, consultative, friendly, responsive, hospitable, and reliable. We booked the venue during peak COVID 2020, where there were so many rules/regulations up in the air, and she kept us informed - realistically, playing therapist, and constantly set our minds at ease. The day of support from Barbara, Cindy, & Joe was great as well. We felt very relaxed, at ease, and could just sit back and enjoy the evening. Joe was able to help us out the following day to collect all of our belongings. The food was delicious, and our guest raved about how tasty the cocktail hour raw bar was, as well as the main courses. We had a decent amount of dietary restrictions, and the staff/venue was extremely accommodating. The venue itself was beautiful inside and out - the ceremony on the lakefront, the cocktail hour at Matches Tavern, and the ballroom for the reception. Having golf carts and elevators for our older guests was definitely a huge plus. The entire day was amazing and went off without a hitch, and we definitely have the LOI staff to thank for that! 10/10 highly recommend!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin P. Married on 07/24/2021

Exceptional Venue- July 2021 Wedding

We are so happy with our decision to go with Lake of Isles for our wedding! Planning during a pandemic was no easy feat, but once we chose LOI the team was so flexible, responsive, and helpful along the way. The location is beautiful, and so convenient with Foxwoods just down the road for accommodations, etc, but the location is so beautiful you'd have no idea the casino was so close! The food was great and Bethany, Barbara and the whole staff were so supportive through planning everything. I realize COVID has been a struggle for these venues as well, but LOI was so up front and accommodating, we could not have asked for more. Definitely look no further!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 07/03/2021

Beautiful, just not what we need

The back deck was stunning. Beautiful landscape and ideal for pictures. Sheila was extremely nice and very helpful. Only reason we decided not to go with them was we decided to have the Wedding in New Jersey.
    Sarah N. Married on 06/12/2021

Wedding 6/12/2021

I can’t thank everyone at lake of isles enough. Especially Bethany, Barbara, and Cindy. The entire staff was incredible and they made the day absolutely perfect! From helping with the bustle of my dress, to putting pictures in frames for the memory table, to keeping us all calm during the planning during the pandemic. Everything was absolutely perfect. I couldn’t have asked for a better day. I wish I could give more than 5 stars because they definitely deserve it. If you are on the fence definitely check out lake of isles for your wedding, you won’t be disappointed.

PS: the food is AMAZING. People can’t stop raving about how much fun they had!
    Kimberly Married on 10/23/2020

Truly amazing wedding venue!!

I am so happy that I went with Lake of Isles to have my wedding - married in October 2020. I first looked at them because of convenience - hotel, transportation, golf and it's a casino so lots of activities for the guests. I chose them because of the beautiful venue, options, and the staff was so amazing.
    I was supposed to get married in April 2020 but due to covid it got pushed back to October. Bethany and team were so accommodating and helpful even with a crazy stressed out bride like myself. I could not have asked for more.
    The wedding day went perfectly (covid aside) - food was so good, ceremony and reception room looked so beautiful and staff was so friendly. Guests are telling us that it was the best wedding they have been to.
    I definitely recommend Lake of Isles to any bride!!
    Mackenzie Married on 11/16/2019

The best venue around!

If I could give Lake of Isles 10 stars... I would! I cannot say enough good things about Lake of Isles, Sheila, and Bethany (and Melissa, our server!). Everyone was so incredibly attentive the entire night, and made our wedding more than we could have dreamed. Sheila was so easy to get a hold of the entire year+ leading up to our wedding, and kindly answered any and all emails. We loved working with both Sheila and Bethany, as they made the process so easy and smooth for us. Everything was absolutely impeccable. I would recommend Lake of Isles for a wedding venue, or any event for that matter, every time! Thank you for everything :)
    Jamie Married on 10/11/2019

An exemplary venue with incredible service!

As Mother of Bride and as a retired Event Planner, to find a place whereby I could be a guest and ENJOY my daughter's wedding was top of my list! Sheila Graham (Dir of Catering) was exemplary from when we were shopping a venue through the Wedding Day. The Wedding was everything we hoped for! She listened to our needs and delivered. She knows the demands of weddings and is extremely organized, efficient and quick to respond, and a very savvy Director. Her right hand Banquet Manager, Bethany Arico, was mutually awesome! She took control and led the wedding party through all the motions - while always exercising a great sense of humor despite what challenges were handed her way. All our guests enjoyed themselves immensely and I received many compliments on the staff and everyone enjoyed the fine cuisine. Sheila and Bethany never missed a beat and they delivered just what I was seeking: the ability to relax and enjoy my daughter's wedding ... which I did immensely! The deck for the ceremony, Matches Tavern for Cocktails and the Ballroom for Reception all lent to an extraordinary and memorable wedding. "The Best Day of My Life" coming from my daughter was the testimony that Lake of Isles delivered everything we hoped for. We had an absolute blast as did all our guests thanks to the wonderful hospitality of the staff. Oh yes! We also opted to also hold our Rehearsal Dinner in Matches Tavern (at Lake of Isles) and it also was executed with professionalism and wonderful attention. I would be happy to speak personally about this venue as it's not only a beautiful destination - yet a staff who truly understands how to deliver an exemplary experience. Thank you Sheila & Bethany!
  • Kristen
    Kristen D. Married on 08/03/2019

Great experience!

We just got married at Lake of Isles on August 3, 2019. We chose Lake of Isles as our venue just 10 months before that in late October. This was a phenomenal venue with phenomenal folks to work with from the start. Sheila was fantastic in answering every single tiny question we had very quickly. She made us feel like we were the only wedding they were having in the coming year, which shows how helpful and valuable her guidance was to us. The team at Lake of Isles was so professional and understanding. Having Bethany as our manager on the day of was fantastic too! She kept everything calm and guided us the whole way. It really took the pressure off of my husband and I. The venue is gorgeous and everything is so professional and flawless. I will never forget how special our day at Lake of Isles was and I cannot thank Sheila, Bethany, and the team there enough. We still have so many guests telling us how much fun they had at our wedding. I would highly recommend this venue to any couples getting married in the future. You will be so happy with your choice!
    Cynthia F. Married on 08/02/2019

Absolute Perfection

The only way to describe our experience at Lake of Isles is perfection. I began planing my August 2019 wedding in January 2019. I thought it was nearly impossible to plan a wedding in 8 months but the team at Lake of Isles made it not only possible, but a true pleasure. From the beginning to the end, our wedding was even better than our wildest dreams. The director of catering, Sheila Graham, is truly exceptional. Her calm, poised, and professional demeanor impressed us upon our first interaction with her at our tour. She is extremely responsive and helpful. Sheila and her team were always one step ahead of us in predicting and fulfilling our every want and need. It seemed that whenever I spoke to Sheila, my stresses and worries with wedding planning just melted away. On our wedding day, Sheila was there to wish us well and turn over duties to the general manager, Chris, and head waitress, Melissa. Chris and Melissa were also exceptional at meeting the every need of both ourselves and our guests. Cocktail hour on the deck was absolutely beautiful. The food and drinks were presented perfectly and enjoyed greatly by our guests. From beginning to end, our experience with Lake of Isles was incredible. I highly recommend Lake of Isles to any couples looking for a venue.
  • Kim
    Kim Married on 07/19/2019

Flawless Venue and Staff!

We recommend Lake of Isles to anyone who is planning their wedding. Everything was amazing! The venue was set up just as we envisioned if not even better! Bethany and Sheila are an amazing team and they go above and beyond. We cannot thank the two of them enough, and truly felt like they were part of our family/friends during the whole wedding planning process. Everything was perfect! Sheila, the Director of Catering, is amazing. She was helpful and really took the time out to not only offer advice, but get to know us. We felt comfortable and truly welcomed the first day we visited Lake of Isles. We instantly knew this was the venue for us. Everything was seamless with Lake of Isles. Sheila was quick to respond to questions we had and took every question seriously, even if it was simple or silly. Bethany, who is in charge the day of, was wonderful in making sure everything went perfect the day of. She was great at organizing the wedding party and all formalities. We are still having guests who comment on how amazing the food was and the service of the wait staff. The staff was very friendly and really cared for everyone of our guests. We were overly pleased with everything! We absolutely loved having our wedding at Lake of Isles!
    Lauren Married on 05/26/2019

Everything we wanted and more!

We got married at Lake of Isles on May 26, 2019 and it was the most amazing day! Right from the first time we toured the venue we knew that this was where we wanted to get married. From the beautiful ceremony space with the outdoor dock right on the lake to the gorgeous ballroom with beautiful views from the windows. We had a large wedding with 180 guests and there was plenty of room to dance and plenty of seating. Sheila was an absolute dream to work with. She was always available to answer emails and phone calls throughout the entire process. She had great advice and information to help us shape our dream day. The food was delicious and we loved having the warm donut hole bar definitely recommend trying that if you can! There was plenty of food for everyone and our guests loved it all! Bethany our day of wedding coordinator was fabulous and on top of everything. She made sure the day ran smoothly and she even helped me fix my hair and fluff my gown before we walked into the reception. Sheila and Bethany had our rehearsal run so smooth and they went over every piece of the day with us to make sure they knew exactly what we wanted. It helped ease our minds because we could tell how much they cared about us and our wedding day. Lake of Isles truly gave us the wedding day of our dreams and we would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to have their wedding there. Greg and I can't thank you enough for helping make our wedding day one we will never forget!
    Angela I. Married on 11/04/2018

Best venue in connecticut!

I don't think i could ever put into words how amazing everything about this venue is!! not only is it BEAUTIFUL but sheila, bethany and the rest of the staff made everything PERFECT for us! This place is perfect in soo many ways.. outdoor and indoor ceremony possibilities, rustic/lodgey/elegant. Since it is next to foxwoods, accommodations for your guests are super easy!! Also the food was incredible! HIGHLY suggest to any future brides.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 10/27/2018

The best wedding decision we made!

Deciding to have our wedding at Lake of Isles, was easily one of the best wedding decisions we made (besides actually getting married). From start to finish, everything was handled with extreme care and organization. Sheila helped us along every step of the way with check in emails, due dates, ideas etc. She made us feel like we were her only guests (which we know they were completely booked) and that we were VIP!
    On the date of our rehearsal and wedding, Bethany was assigned to help organize and tend to our every need. It was picture perfect! It was almost as if we received a wedding planner as part of our package! She even remembered our favorite drink, and when we arrived at the venue before the ceremony, whisked us away to have some alone time together and had our favorite beverage (espresso martini) waiting for us to enjoy. Throughout the day, she had all our cocktail hour apps brought to us, so we didnt miss out on anything, and often reminded us to take a step back and really enjoy the moment and each other. Lake of Isles truly made our event one to remember, and we will never forget how they treated us.
  • Mari
    Mari Married on 10/13/2018

Book your wedding at LOI - you will not be disappointed!

Lake of Isles is an exceptional wedding venue. Sheila and her team are the best in the game! I was married at LOI in October 2018. From when we first started the process a year prior, all the way to the day after our wedding, everything was handled efficiently, professionally, and without a hitch. Sheila, the director of weddings, is SO organized and on top of everything. She is responsive to emails at all hours of the day. I felt so confident in her and her team's abilities - and my wedding day could not have run more smoothly. My day-of coordinator, Chris, made sure that everything was PERFECT! His calming presence and ability to somehow keep our rambunctious wedding party in line and on time was amazing. Melissa, my go-to on wedding day, was so helpful as well. She made sure my husband and I had everything we needed - brought us appetizers during our post-ceremony photos, kept our drinks full, and even made us to-go boxes at the end of the night! I could not be more thankful to the whole LOI crew. As added bonuses, the food at LOI is SO good..got so many compliments on it! AND the lakefront deck where my ceremony was held made for an incredible view of the fall foliage. So happy I went with LOI. I highly recommend this venue to all future brides!
    Donna Married on 09/29/2018
    Perfection! From the first moment to the last. Sheila the catering director is responsive, flexible, offers great options, and her orginzational skills are out of this world! Chris who ran the day of made the venue our vision picture perfect! Melissa catered to us the day of making sure we were always content. Our day was absolutely perfect and it was all due to the staff! If you want a party thrown just how you want it and more, you need to work with Sheila Graham at Lake of Isles.
    Erin Married on 08/03/2018
    We loved everything about Lake of Isles the moment we went to check it out. Not only is this a beautiful place to have a wedding but working with Sheila and Bethany made wedding planning a breeze. Sheila was so attentive and responsive to us with any question that we had during the planning process. Additionally since I was newer to the area she even helped suggest a wonderful minister for our ceremony. She helped to keep us organized and made us feel special about our day from start to finish. On the days leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding Bethany had such great attention to detail and she helped to make sure all of the different parts of the ceremony and reception ran perfectly. The staff at the Lake of Isles that worked during our wedding were all friendly and helpful to our guests. We have looked back and reflected on our wedding day and can't pinpoint anything that we would change in our experience at Lake of Isles. If you are looking for a wonderful wedding where your guests will enjoy themselves in a place that is all about celebrating you and only you on your day book Lake of Isles. I would book an event with them again in a heart beat.