Lake Bomoseen Lodge Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Catherine
    Catherine J. Married on 09/10/2022

The most beautiful venue

This is one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Vermont, and we couldn't be happier that we chose it for our wedding. This was the first venue my husband and I looked at both online and in person, and we immediately knew we didn't have to look any further. While we lucked out with weather, there is absolutely nothing that could make this venue any less stunning. Our guests couldn't stop complimenting us on our choice, how smooth everything ran, the excellent accommodations, and the incredible food. In addition, our coordinator, Angela, was absolutely incredible. What a warm, relaxing presence in the midst of such a chaotic day - it felt like we had a close friend right there with us the whole time. She went absolutely above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect, and it truly was better than we could've ever imagined. This venue truly is a one stop shop and it has it all. This was one of the best weekends of our whole lives and we couldn't have done it without anyone at the Lake Bomoseen Lodge.
    Jessica B. Married on 08/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful venue with incredible staff

We could not more highly recommend the Lodge to anyone looking for their perfect wedding venue. Everything from our hillside ceremony to our lakeside cocktail hour, to the top floor of the lodge for the reception was breathtakingly beautiful. The food was wonderful, and every staff member that helped to plan and run our wedding was professional and incredibly helpful. One of the biggest perks of this venue is that it comes with your own personal wedding coordinator. Extra big shout out to ours, Angela, who was absolutely fantastic every step of the way
  • Nicole
    Nicole W. Married on 08/15/2022

Such a Perfect Venue!

Lake Bomoseen Lodge was the absolute perfect place to have our wedding ceremony and reception. Not only is it an absolutely beautiful location, but the staff go above and beyond to make sure you have what you need. We worked with Rebecca for our wedding coordination, and she was absolutely phenomenal from start to finish.
    We chose the hillside ceremony location, and the view was breathtaking. The bar and waitstaff on the day of were so friendly, and all of our guests raved about the food. We chose the location because they handled food, drinks, room accommodations (which were also updated and great), and we didn't have to travel to go between the ceremony and cocktail hour and reception - it really made for such a seamless day with no stress.
    We got many compliments from guests saying "Best wedding I've ever been to!" and we owe many thanks to LBL for making our special day even better than we could imagine. If you are thinking about Lake Bomoseen Lodge for your wedding day definitely take a tour! We can't wait to be back.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Dori P. Married on 08/06/2022

Lake Bomoseen Lodge

Amazing Everything!!!! Amazing assistance with set up. Serving and quality of the food and appetizers! Pontoon ride to the island for photos and the length of time of reception with after party options! Enjoyed every aspect of what the venue has to offer! Just a Wow day!!’
  • Cheyenne
    Cheyenne F. Married on 12/18/2021

Winter wedding

We are so incredibly grateful for all the work that Rebecca and Angela (our coordinators) as well as the rest of their staff did to make our wedding day so flawless. My husband and I were able to be in the moment and not worry about the little things, which was exactly what we wanted. Multiple guests raved about the food and how delicious it was as well as the accommodations. It was the perfect wedding weekend! Highly recommend!!!
  • Margaret
    Margaret W. Married on 10/29/2021

Beautiful views, great experience

We absolutely loved having our wedding here! From the start, Rebecca was wonderful to work with as our Coordinator, always answering our emails and being available to jump on the phone to chat through any planning.

For the weekend we stayed in the Pine Cottage with a majority of our bridal party, and me and my bridesmaids got ready there the day of the wedding. I highly, highly recommend doing this! The house is so spacious and even our makeup artist and hair stylists mentioned how nice it was having so much space for everything.

For the wedding itself, the space is gorgeous. We had our ceremony on the hill and the views were so worth it. The reception space was exactly what we were looking for and the entire day ran so smoothly with Rebecca by our side! (Photos are by Jackie Fox Photography)
  • Briana
    Briana Married on 09/10/2021

wonderful experience

Rebecca and Catherine were attentive, flexible, and helpful in the wedding planning process. The venue itself is beautiful and everything ran smoothly. The food was delicious! The price is very reasonable and I would highly recommend LBL.
  • Molly
    Molly Q. Married on 08/14/2021

The best wedding view!!

I am so glad that we decided to go with Lake Bomoseen Lodge for our wedding weekend!! We had always dreamed of having an experience where all of our family and friends could stay on property, affordably, and we could enjoy the entire weekend together!

We booked our wedding back in November 2020(we planned for a long engagement), with Arden, however she ended up moving on, and Rebecca too over, and it was a seamless transition! Rebecca and the rest of the LBL team were amazing throughout the entire process, and we could not be happier! Being someone who works in the industry, I know all that goes on behind the scenes, and they nailed it all. They were responsive and attentive, and all could see that. From the initial planning, day of coordination, working with us on our first look , (shout out to Will for our buggie rides up and down!), keeping us on schedule and making us feel so important all day long!

Probably our favorite part was being able to be married out on the private island! I mean how many times can your guest have that experience of taking a boat to the ceremony?! All of our guests thought it was so cool, and loved the experience just as much as we did! Plus, you end up with some awesome photos!!!

I cannot recommend this place more!!
  • Paula
    Paula J. Married on 08/13/2021

Lake Bomoseen Lodge is a win/win for wedding venue

Our son was married Aug 13th 2021 and the food was excellent! We had both rehearsal dinner and wedding there. The staff and crew was on hand and helpful. There were golf carts driven by staff to help get older members of family around and the wedding coordinator Catherine was very helpful and anticipated things we never thought about.. Top notch!
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 05/31/2020

The Most Beautiful Venue

If you're looking for a venue that prioritizes the values of flexibility, responsiveness, professionalism, and compassion, look no further. Lake Bomoseen Lodge, specifically Rebecca and Catherine, could not have provided us with a dreamier day. From cancelling our wedding in 2020 to drastically reducing our guest count in 2021, we had a stressful run of things. But LBL was there with us every step of the way, ensuring that our day was stress-free. I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else. Rebecca and Catherine, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. It was perfect.
    Erin P. Married on 10/26/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Lake Bomoseen Lodge was our dream wedding venue!

Lake Bomoseen Lodge was an absolutely perfect place for my husband and I to get married. The staff was wonderful, the scenery was beautiful, and the food was amazing!

We wanted a New England fall venue that could be a bit of a destination for our guests to make it a full weekend event and man Lake Bomoseen Lodge delivered. We had a welcome party on Friday evening, the main event on Saturday, and a farewell brunch on Sunday. Everyone was so accommodating and helpful to make our vision come alive. Arden is a DREAM and was so great at providing suggestions when asked but also being completely flexible. The Chef is also incredible and gave us everything we hoped for and more!! I recommend doing a private tasting with him. It was one of the best days of our whole experience and totally worth it.

Guests are still giving us compliments about the food all weekend and telling us how much fun they had. Book your wedding here - you will NOT be disappointed!!
    Erika L. Married on 09/01/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing location and great staff!

This place is amazing I don’t have any negatives. We looked for a Vermont location for awhile and The Lodge offered everything at a very affordable price. Their catering is sooo good. The appetizers during cocktail hour were incredible. I planned my own wedding and it was so nice to have everything offered by the same company. We had guests stay at the lodge, food, drinks, a cool ceremony site (on an island with boat rides!) and a brand new event hall. Also Taylor who was our contact person was so helpful and she was there for our wedding to help make sure everything went smoothly. It was an ideal location with a really professional staff who helped make the day perfect. I can’t think of any negatives.
    Patrice M. Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding in August 2018

My son was married here and as mother of the groom I can say that what I experienced was awesome. The staff was professional and ever so helpful. Aiden couldn’t have been more pleasant and couldn’t have worked harder. The boat pilots who took us over to the island for the ceremony were extremely competent. The lakeshore is beautiful and the view gorgeous. The rooms I saw (we took over the entire venue) have been newly decorated although the outside could use a little TLC.

All in all, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. I highly recommend Lake Bomoseen Lodge and Taproom.
  • Sara
    Sara A. Married on 07/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent venue and staff!

I absolutely loved having our wedding at the Lake Bomoseen Lodge! The lake is gorgeous, and all of the accommodations and Tap Room have been recently renovated. The style is rustic chic, with a relaxing lake vacation vibe. I personally loved that we could rent out the big house on the property for the weekend of our wedding. It was amazing to have my family and bridal party all in one place, which was especially helpful when everyone was getting ready together before the ceremony. It was also great that I didn't have to rent a limo to get to my ceremony or reception space; it was all available at the same setting! Our guests loved that they could also stay in one of the rooms or cottages on the property. They raved about how nice the rooms were, and that it also felt like a mini vacation for them, as they were able to take advantage of the resort's amenities, including kayaking, swimming, and boat rides.
    I can't say enough about how great the staff at the Lodge is! I worked with Taylor as my wedding coordinator—she was friendly, organized, and very professional. In the planning stages, whenever I had a question, she would immediately return my email or phone call. The weekend of my wedding, she was excellent at keeping events moving and making sure things went smoothly. The wait staff and bartenders were friendly, fun, and accommodating for all of my guests. I had a cocktail reception, and the chef made up an incredible menu of passed apps and table spreads of cheese, meats, dips, etc., that all of my guest with a variety of dietary needs and preferences enjoyed. The staff was also so helpful with setting up the venue space and coordinating with outside vendors, such as linens, DJ, and dessert caterers.
    My husband and I highly recommend the Lake Bomoseen Lodge for your wedding. The beautiful venue, accommodations, and top quality staff will make your wedding day something that you and your guest will love and never forget!
    Alyssa R. Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely wonderful!

The Lake Bomoseen Lodge was the perfect place for our wedding. Taylor and her team were incredible and they made the process easy, smooth, and fun. We would highly recommend this venue and can’t wait to go back to celebrate future anniversaries there!
  • Joanna
    Joanna Married on 02/16/2019

Stellar Team, Perfect Location

I can't say enough wonderful things about Arden, Taylor, and Ken at Lake Bomoseen Lodge. Arden and Taylor are great coordinators and bring ANY vision to life (they were willing to set up on the frozen lake for us for our winter wedding...no I'm not kidding!). Ken is an EXTRAORDINARY chef and even indulged us with a beer tasting, selecting amazing local brews to compliment our (delicious brunch!) meals. The location itself is BEAUTIFUL and the convenience of the lodging and pine cottage next door (hello, after party!) is unmatched. It seems cliche to give all 5's, but I cannot express enough how involved each team member was and how smoothly everything went on our perfect day!!! The reception space is beautiful, as well! 10/10, would recommend!!!
    Catherine Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We have just returned from a beautiful wedding weekend at the Lake Bomoseen Lodge. I am the mother of the groom and I cannot say enough good things about this facility, the staff and the food.
    Accommodations: My husband and I and our large extended family stayed at Pine Cottage right next door to the Taproom and Reception room. This home has been totally redone inside while still keeping some of its rustic charm. Many of our guests stayed on the property in the condos and rooms overlooking the lake. All were very happy with their accommodations.
    Rehearsal Dinner: Friday, October 5th above the Tap Room. We went with the Pasta Bar dinner. We weren't sure about this however Arden, the Event Planner convinced me that this was a really nice dinner. It was great with enough of a selection for everyone, even the kids.
    Wedding: Saturday, October 6th at 3pm. The ceremony was outside by the lake. You could not find a more beautiful setting for a wedding. After the ceremony we moved inside to the Taproom for drinks and appetizers as rain was in the forecast. From there we went up to the reception room on the top floor for the reception. The room is beautiful and was beautifully decorated by the bride's mom with help from the wedding party and family. It also has a large balcony that many guests made use of. The food was awesome – from the salad to the entrees to the dessert table, everything was perfect. The Prime rib was excellent.
    I would highly recommend this facility for any big event. (We had approximately 130 people) Arden the event planner was so easy to work with. Amy, the banquet manager was excellent. The staff was also incredibly good. Service was top notch.
    We did have open bar for both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception.

Candy Married on 09/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fabulous! Perfect in every way!

This was the best wedding experience ever! Arden is the perfect coordinator - friendly, professional, helpful, and calm! The food, location, hotel room were all first class all the way!
    Gretchen Married on 09/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I was so amazed at how beautiful the venue was. I really was so impressed with it all! The outside catering after the ceremony was perfect, the food and reception room was top notch! So perfect! Arden was a godsend!! No other words! Perfect!
    Mary Married on 08/11/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had an amazing experience at this venue! Arden (the event planner) was a huge help throughout the whole process, always so quick to respond, answering my millions of questions, she took most of the burden off of me, so that I could focus on the fun things like all of the decorations, etc. We had the rehearsal dinner on the floor above the taproom and I appreciated how flexible they were with what we wanted. The day of, she was there to run the show so we could just enjoy it. She even brought our cocktail hour food to us while we were getting pictures done, heaven sent! The reception space was picture perfect, Arden's team did a beautiful job getting it ready (we did some of the decorating the night before, but they finished the job for us the day of so we didn't have to worry about it). The food at the reception was to die for! I couldn't tell you how many people said the steak was the best they have ever had. The little things that Arden and her team made sure happened were what made it the best, they had our favorite drinks ready at our table once we were announced in! We offered wine and beer for our guests and what was nice about that was that they didn't limit you to just one wine and one beer, we were able to offer multiple options to our guests. A large majority of our families stayed in the lodge rooms and condos and we had nothing but good comments about the rooms. Especially that some were dog friendly! We used the condos for getting ready and they were perfect, enough space for our hair and makeup team to do what they needed. I would recommend this venue to anyone!
    Colleen Married on 08/04/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had a wonderful experience at our wedding there this past August. Arden the wedding coordinator went above and beyond to ensure things went smoothly ( she bustled my dress, found a babysitter for the flower girl when the original fell through, offered so much helpful advice regarding set up and at our rehearsal). The rooms and cottages were gorgeous! We look forward to making more memories at Lake Bomoseen lodge!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 06/26/2018

Amazing staff and GORGEOUS venue

We found Lake Bomoseen Lodge by accident after touring other venues throughout New England, and we are so glad we did! From the first visit until checkout they were so accommodating and kind. Arden specifically is a superstar. She was the point of contact throughout the entire event, and even pinned the groom's boutonniere moments before the wedding. Chef Ken did an amazing job with the food for both the rehearsal dinner and the reception. He took our expectations and requests very seriously and prepared the most delicious food we could have imagined. We honestly cannot say enough positive things about the entire Lake Bomoseen Lodge staff.
  • Ainsley
    Ainsley L. Married on 06/10/2018

Summer Wedding Bliss

My husband and I got married last summer at the Lake Bomoseen Lodge and it was summer wedding bliss! Everything about our wedding weekend, and especially our wedding day, was absolute perfection!! The entire staff was fantastic; polite, professional, responsive, timely, and incredibly courteous and friendly. A special thank you to Arden Rishell, the event coordinator, who was my rock during the entire planning process and who made sure that everything went smoothly the entire wedding weekend. Shout out to the head chef, Ken, as well. He prepared so many wonderful dishes for my husband and I to try during our private taste testing session and helped us to plan and create a delicious menu for our entire wedding weekend (rehearsal and reception meals). We got married out on the private island; it was the most beautiful ceremony space we could have imagined for our day. The island was full of greenery and flowers, there were birds chirping and butterflies flitting around, sunshine filtering through the tree tops, and we had a lovely little arch to stand under. The island also presented many opportunities for gorgeous photos! Our cocktail hour was held in the bar/restaurant space and it was a wonderful place for people to rest, relax, talk, and enjoy hors d’ouerves and drinks with family and friends. Our reception was held in the beautiful post and beam loft space. The two chandeliers created a soft warm light, the bay windows at the front looked out over the lake and provided a gorgeous view of the sunset, and there was plenty of space for dinner, drinks (they had a small portable bar up in the loft), and dancing! The Lake Bomoseen Lodge was truly an amazing place to get married and we would absolutely recommend it to any other couple planning their wedding!! We plan to celebrate many anniversaries there in the years to come!!
    Amanda S. Married on 05/15/2022
      4.0 out of 5 rating

Venue with it all

We began the wedding process by thinking we wanted a backyard wedding- this all changed when starting to plan every little detail! My husband and I quickly realized that a space with both indoor and outdoor event space, food on site, AND lodging on site was ideal! LBL had it all and then some! Our guests all had a blast and everyone raved about the food! Originally, we had planned for our ceremony to take place on the hillside, but with the likelihood of storms, we moved it under the tent which was such an awesome alternative! It did end up raining (then clearing after the ceremony!) but I was SO glad that we had an option that was didn’t force us to be indoors. I would choose LBL all over again in a heartbeat!
  • Marianne
    Matt Married on 06/04/2021
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful, natural, picturesque location to hold all your wedding festivities.

We had our June 2021 wedding at Lake Bomoseen Lodge and it was an absolute dream. Our original wedding (May 2020) was postponed due to the pandemic but Lake Bomo worked with us throughout the whole process. We worked with a couple different staff/day of coordinators but Rebecca and Catherine were ultimately the ones who helped us for our final months of planning and made our day run so smoothly. We had TONS of questions and they were always ready to answer them. They were super professional and our day went exactly as planned.

One of the reasons we loved LBL was because we were able to hold all wedding festivities in one location. Our wedding party and close family/guests stayed in rooms on-site. Our reception dinner was on the second floor of the lodge. The after party was in the first floor taproom (tons of beer selection here!). And whenever we were hungry throughout the weekend, we popped into the taproom for a bite to eat. Probably the best poutine we ever had! Guests arriving early were able to kayak on the lake with kayaks provided by LBL or simply relax along the shore. We took full advantage of the variety of spots at the property throughout the weekend and it was so much fun!

We chose the island space for the ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful! Nesting bald eagles joined us making it unforgettable. Our guests really enjoyed the boatride over to the island. Very memorable. The reception space is so gorgeous and spacious. It was warm once dancing started, but the balcony was very popular with our guests especially during the sunset. The lake itself is a gem. Wherever you are at LBL, you get a great view of Lake Bomoseen.

The food was delicious and we received many compliments from guests. It sounded like some of our guests did not get rolls and some of the dishes were missing mashed potatoes but other than that, the food was great! Waitstaff and bartenders were incredible. Always smiling and helpful and keeping everyone well fed and hydrated. Strong drinks!

We were so so happy with our choice to go with LBL for our wedding location. Highly recommend!
illustration stars