Lairmont Manor Reviews

Lairmont Manor 7
  • Zoe

Zoe W Rae · Married on 08/30/2019

Our dream wedding venue!

We cannot recommend the Lairmont enough! We were married there last Friday, and we received SO many compliments on the venue - people loved it, and so did we! It requires no further decoration, the grounds and manor are absolutely stunning. D.J., Kismet, and the rest of the staff are a pleasure to work with, and very responsive. The gorgeous grand piano is the cherry on top! We loved the slightly raised stage for our first (tango) dance, and the ballroom was the perfect size for dancing the night away.

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Evie

Evie S. · Married on 08/10/2019

Enchanting Wedding Venue

This venue was a dream come true! The lush English garden, architecture, and the overall ambiance was like from a movie. The staff was professional and experienced, and it was very easy to work with them. The morning of our wedding was raining, and I was so worried about our timeline, but the staff was so quick with a plan B just in case the rain would continue into the afternoon. It actually ended up being great, the rain stopped, and the sun shinned bright just in time for the ceremony. It was magical!

Sent on 08/30/2019
    Lairmont Manor 20
    Lairmont Manor 21
  • Evan

Evan · Married on 10/06/2018

What a wonderful venue! The manor itself is very old and full of character - leather bound books, oil paintings, busts, a grand piano, chaises and floral printed chairs. My sister said she felt like she was in The Great Gatsby when we were getting ready downstairs. DonnaJoy (DJ) Kent, our venue coordinator was great with all of my questions throughout the year, the contract was very clear, and she worked well with all vendors.

Our rental included use of main floor and downstairs of the manor, the gardens where we had our ceremony, the pavillion where we had cocktail hour, and the giant reception tent where we held dinner. It also included plates, flatware, tables, and chairs. 4 large mobile heaters were included in the rental, which kept our October and mostly outdoor event cozy.

There is a caterer's kitchen available for an extra $500, but we had woodfired pizza and the pizza oven was parked outside so we didn't have to pay this. This fee is also waived if you use their caterer.

This venue used to be a convent, and the outside had so many beautiful details (statues, flowers, architecture) that we really didn't need decoration or florals for the ceremony area.

DJ let us use the caterer fridge to store our flowers and cake the day before, which was super helpful. We had some odd requests, and where they could be accomodating, the Lairmont team was.

Sent on 10/10/2018

alaa · Married on 05/07/2018

I'm from Vancouver & husband from Boston and we chose Lairmont because of how beautiful the property is - we especially loved the gardens and how well taken care of the property is; it accommodates everything you could want in an outdoor or indoor wedding. It was truly the most incredible experience working with Lairmont & especially DJ. She's responsive, helpful and a dream partner - we were planning long distance and DJ went above and beyond, sending us detailed emails and floorplans to pictures and videos of the property and setup. I can't thank DJ or the Lairmont staff enough for how easy and wonderful they made our day!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Erin · Married on 07/24/2017

We couldn't have picked a better venue for our wedding! DonnaJoy was an amazing asset at the manor, and the manor itself was absolutely stunning. Everything was set up prior to our arrival and the day went off without a hitch. HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Erin & Max,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for allowing us to take part in your special day. Everything was stunning and it's a day that we will be talking about for years to come! Best wishes on your new married life!

-D.J.& Lairmont Manor Staff

Katie · Married on 05/28/2017

The Lairmont Manor was such an easy venue to host our wedding. Every employee we worked with was very responsive and eager to help. They allowed us to customize the venue to our liking and were always super flexible with our requests.

The ONLY downfall (which is not the fault of the Lairmont) is the ballroom/dance floor was really hot because there is no air conditioning or air flow due to the historic nature of the building. But, it would be a great investment to add an air conditioner.

Thank you Lairmont for a lovely wedding venue! Keep up the good work!!!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Katie,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were truly grateful to share in your day! And boy, that ball room can get super toasty when there is some good dancing going on! Thanks for your honest input and we will definitely work to make the temperature a little more comfy for our future guests. Congratulations again!

Sincerely,
    Lairmont Manor Staff

We have loved working with Lairmont Manor. For everything that they include in their event rental, it's an amazing deal. Our wedding is a little pricier because we are getting married on a weekend which is totally understandable, but compared to places we originally were looking out of state, we're saving a lot of money having our wedding at Lairmont. You have access to almost the entire property. The staff has been incredibly friendly and accommodating so far. They include their own tables, chairs, huge reception tent (pre-lit with gorgeous lights), kitchen, dishes, separate spaces for the bridal party to get ready, as well as sound equipment if you have a DJ that does not have their own. I can't wait for my big day. It's going to be amazing thanks to Lairmont!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 08/13/2017

Really awesome loved it everyone said it was the most beautiful venue ever it was a dream come true

Sent on 08/26/2017

Elizabeth,

We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your day with us as much as we enjoyed having you! It truly was one of the most stunning weddings we've ever seen and we can't wait to see more photos from your special day!

Best,
    Lairmont Manor Staff

Elizabeth · Married on 08/13/2017

Great place was amazing everyone said it was the mosf beautiful venue they had ever seen so many beautiful flowers and the fountain just everything is so magical

Sent on 09/03/2017

Lairmnt Manor offered the flexibility of a Garden Wedding and Reception and the all important option in the Northwest to go "inside" for the ceremony in the event of rain. The tent provided shade from the sun and the option to put up the sides if the weather didn't cooperate. Beautiful venue, helpful event planning, professional catering kitchen, plus tent, tables, chairs, dinnerware and silverware were all included in the contract price. We couldn't have been happier with the venue our daughter and fiancé picked for their August wedding.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Missy · Married on 08/17/2016

I held my wedding during the week, so the rate is unbeatable!!!! I would not recommend the in house caterer. The do have other vendors available for caterering. The manor is beautiful. And the staff is helpful.

Sent on 08/18/2016
  • MissBride

Joani · Married on 07/15/2013

We love lairmont manor! Wonderful people and the location is divine. A few hiccups such as the old venue coordinator didn't put our date down. Then they forgot about our last walk through and even though they told us we can have a pet on the grounds my maid of honor was scolded by another employee for having her dog there. Still our wedding wad beautiful and we had a great time.

Sent on 08/03/2013

3.5

The grounds were beautiful. Staff very responsive and willing to assist. Everyone I worked with was very professional and worked with us to make our day happen without a glitch.

Sent on 10/07/2012

Lauren · Married on 07/01/2009

Absolutely amazing to work with. Incredibly flexible and accomodating. Friendly and wonderful staff that helped make our day seemless.

Sent on 07/21/2009

Jessie · Married on 12/01/2018

Couldn't've been more beautiful

I had my wedding at Lairmont in December 2018 and it was fantastic. The venue coordinator DJ Kent was so great to work with, always so responsive and helpful. I chose a date right after Thanksgiving when the Christmas decorations would be up, and the manor looked beautiful--which meant the whole wedding looked magical. I had sixty guests at banquet tables, which is pretty much the maximum capacity for an indoor wedding, unless you want to stick a couple of tables in the balcony. (Capacity for outdoor weddings would be much larger.) It was great having the venue already decorated. And Lairmont provides free setup of chairs and tables, and flips the room from ceremony to reception for you, so all I had to do was decorate tables. In fact, here, I'll list the things that I remember Lairmont offers:
    * Access to the property day-of from 10 am to 10 pm (10-11 pm for cleanup)
    * One-hour scheduled rehearsal before the day of your event. Note that "paid events take precedence" in scheduling, which means you'll have to pick a different day for your rehearsal if someone else wants the venue for the night before your event. I think this is pretty understandable.
    * Audio system for Grand Hall
    * Movable projector and a screen in the basement (BYO speakers, cords, and media player, i.e. laptop, USB drive, etc. And FYI the basement is very elegant.)
    * Beautiful bar and large banquet/buffet table and cake table in the dining room
    * Guestbook table
    * Grand piano
    * Free use of their tables and chairs
    * Free Ceremony chairs setup
    * Free Reception tables and chairs setup (not including decorating)
    * Free use of silverware and dishes (not glasses), as long as you hire dishwashers (not guests)
    * Bride and Groom dressing rooms. The typically-groom's room has a large mirror, while the typically-bride's room has a bar with stools and mirrors along two walls, plus little jars of cotton pads and some garment hooks on the wall
    * Inexpensive parking attendants if you want them
    * Free use of outdoor space heaters, as long as you give them a couple days' notice
    * Free use of their big white tent from May (if I recall) until October
    * BYO Dessert, homemade OK (note that this is in contrast to food--you are required to hire a caterer if you want to offer food.)
    * In-house caterer available: A Taste of Elegance (for reference, I was quoted about $2850 for 60 guests), can provide glasses and linens for a fee.

I chose to go with More Than You Think Catering a.k.a. Danielle's Back East BBQ, who provided disposable plates, napkins, and flatware, and I was very happy with them. I bought my own tablecloths and glasses.

You have to pay 50% of your fee plus a $500 deposit upfront. The other half of your fee is due six months before your event. You have to have a licensed bartender if you want to serve alcohol (liquor allowed). You have to have a banquet permit (eleven bucks and a quick online form, it's no sweat at all). City ordinances mean you have to keep things in the yard quiet after 10 pm. You have to clean up and remove any trash left at the end of the night (caterer will generally take catering/dinner trash when they leave, but you still need to get what's left at the end of the night and get it to a dumpster somewhere). I don't know if this is different if you hire the in-house caterer.

Overall, while my husband and I found a couple of the limitations, well, limiting, I was beyond thrilled with my wedding and with Lairmont Manor.

Sent on 03/10/2019
    Lairmont Manor 27
    Lairmont Manor 28

April · Married on 05/02/2009

3.0

Lairmont was the perfect place for our wedding. We had wanted an outside wedding but had it inside instead because it was raining. The ballroom is gorgeous and does not need much decorating and adds a elegant and romantic feeling to your wedding. The staff were very helpful and offered advice and sugjestions when needed. Having both the wedding and reception at the same place definitly helped with our budget and the transformation between the the two was very quick.

Sent on 06/01/2009

Karin · Married on 07/31/2016

3.8
      2.5

The Lairmont Manor was a gorgeous venue to host my wedding at! I loved the venue, the flowers outside, and the ease of setup/take down (they set up chairs, tents, the ceremony area, etc). The original coordinator that we talked to when we booked our wedding with the Lairmont gave us a lot of misinformation which caused a lot of stress as the wedding got closer (telling us we did not need a bar tender, telling us our dog was welcome to be at the wedding when in reality he was not allowed inside the venue, etc). A few months before the wedding they hired a new coordinator who seemed to have a better handle. The overall value was great but a few things were not made clear before the wedding, for example when we decided to book the venue they told us they had amenities such as refrigerators and an ice machine on site. Before the wedding we were told we needed to buy and bring in ice because the machine is slow, and the refrigerators didn't work the morning of the wedding which caused quite a panic trying to cool drinks and food. Overall I had a wonderful experience and our wedding was gorgeous, but there were definitely some areas that were talked up to sell us the venue that in reality were not really amenities.

Sent on 08/22/2016

3.8
      3.0

The venue and event were perfect, it was the next morning that was a little akward. My new wife and I were rushed out much earlier than anticipated. Recommend the event but maybe not the bridal suite.

Sent on 12/27/2014

j · Married on 07/24/2005

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

Although we absolutely loved the Lairmont Manor because of its beauty and atmosphere, the staff was a bit difficult to work with. They have a restrictions, particularly about noise. I would actually recommend it to anyone because it is such a beautiful location to be married, but make sure you know what you want up front and ask if everything can be done. We made the mistake of picking the location, then asking questions later.

Sent on 07/19/2008