La Venta Inn Reviews

La Venta Inn 5
La Venta Inn 6
La Venta Inn 7

Daniel · Married on 04/08/2009

It is my greatest pleasure to tell you that the wedding at La Venta Inn was not only spectacular and carefree, it was even beyond expectations. The venue is a perfect picture of serenity and beauty allowing for many spiritual touches here and there that create an ambiance that is truly magical. The sunset will be remembered by many for quite some years. The ceremony was like a dream come true in an environment of perfect peace and love. The party was smooth, the food delicious, the room looked
    wonderful.

Tim Kennedy, I cannot thank YOU enough for your support and diligence during the whole process. Everything was lovely and perfectly managed. Whenever I needed you, you were always right there, prior to the date and on the day of wedding. You have many special qualities that made the process so much easier. I feel blessed to have met you and worked with you.

I extend my gratitude to all the people at La Venta and New York Foods that made this extraordinary wedding experience possible for our family.

Sent on 04/11/2009

Andrew · Married on 06/06/2010

3.0

This was a place you would see in a movie, and that why we wanted it, it was just great, best viewer i have ever seen! great staff too!

Sent on 06/09/2010
  • User5202799 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Stunning and impress about the service.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Kristy · Married on 08/07/2016

3.5

I had my wedding at La Venta Inn and it was so worth it. What a beautiful venue. My wedding was romantic and intimate. I had a little over 100 guests and the size of the venue was perfect. Great coordinator, beautiful view, lovely site, delicious food! Such quality service! I highly recommend you check out this place for your wedding!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Joshua · Married on 04/29/2007

3.5

Beautiful location. Excellent service. Expensive, but you get what you pay for!

Sent on 04/22/2008

mehmet · Married on 08/02/2012

3.5

It was really a good oppurtunity :)

Sent on 08/08/2012

Richard · Married on 10/22/2010

3.5

Spectacular place and view, the best anyone could have for a wedding. Food is the best i have every had at a wedding and the catering staff was great !! Our coordinator was missing most of the night and that lend to some disconnect at our venue, but overall this is a fantastic venue.

Sent on 11/23/2010

claudine · Married on 07/18/2008

3.5

this is a wonderful place to have your wedding. we did both the ceremony and reception here and it made it more convenient. however, doing that puts a strain on the amount of time you have. we found ourselves running around to finish all the things we wanted to do. my only regret is wishing we could have booked the place starting at 3pm rather then 5pm so we could not rush through everything.

the food is amazing and the our coordinator, mike halish, helped so much with minor decorations, etc. he had very good advice and was a pleasure to deal with. he helped move the event along nicely even though we had limited time.

the venue itself is gorgeous and if you dont mind spending the extra money, go for it. we had a real good budget for everything else just to afford this location. in the area its the best. no public entrance, so very private and romantic.

Sent on 08/28/2008

B. · Married on 09/15/2013

3.8
      3.0

La Venta did a wonderful job executing my wedding. Even though my coordinator was switched out 3 weeks before, Leslie (my new coordinator) did a really great job on such short notice. There was a little bit of an issue with the switch over, in that I was not personally contacted (as the bride) they contacted the groom? This was a bit dodgy. I think the venue speaks for itself, it is beautiful and intimate and make my wedding so special

Sent on 11/28/2013

Sent on 02/21/2015

Anh · Married on 06/12/2015

1.2

Buyer Beware

A successful wedding does not leave its guests, bride and groom feeling upset, cheated or embarrassed at its conclusion.

My wedding on 6/12/15 was a disaster. Instead of a dream come true, it turned out to be a living nightmare. La Venta Inn did not disclose to us that there was a scheduled power maintenance Or the possibility that electricity would be disruptive. When my husband & I arrived at the venue on our wedding day the coordinator, Mike Halish, kept the power outage from us. I wasted 15minutes before I discovered none of the outlets worked. I struggled with the idea of how management can leave a bride in the dark about basic necessity. The levels of anxiety & emotional stress were all too real for my husband and I. Too top it off, we had three legally disabled guest to worry about. Over 50% of the event was over before electricity was restored. Having “white-gloved attendants” was an additional feature we paid for but did not receive.
    They wouldn't admit that my wedding day was partially ruined by their lack of ability to communicate. Instead the owner, Jim Wharton, thought I was contacting tell to give them a tip for "saving my wedding." First you don't live up to your promises and now you want more money on top of the $25,000? It's obvious that their management and owner lack basic common decency. The only fore thought was making sure loud generators powered the kitchen & music. The venue continued to make decisions throughout the night without my consent demonstrates an ongoing blatant disregard.
    Jim Wharton refused to compensate us so I took him to small claims court. He tried to misguide me by telling me to go through arbitration. I received a judgement in the mail. The court sided with me. It's disappointing that someone can have no shame in ruining your wedding day & tried to fight this in court.

Sent on 03/05/2016

Michael · Married on 07/18/2015

1.2
      2.0
      1.0

I agree that the food was wonderful, and the venue is beautiful, but that is where it ends. Firstly, they aren't any good at little details. The person who says that Leslie, the day of coordinator, did a good job, got very lucky. For me, she forgot to put out decorations that I had paid for and then messed up the seating arrangements at the wedding. This caused such strife that one of my guests was told that he couldn't sit with his wife, and he got up and left. You can't "un-ring" that bell. Also, they were supposed to have two bars at the wedding, but only had one. This caused a long line at the bar. Basically, they need a lot of hand holding. They will tell you that they are understaffed right now, and it is obviously true. Thus, you will spend time being bounced from person to person (i.e. Leslie wasn't at our rehearsal the day before our wedding because that was her day off- but this caused more details to be missed), and holding their hands. If you are good with that; then use them.

Sent on 08/07/2015