La Tourelle Hotel & Spa Reviews

4 | Ithaca, NY

4 Reviews for La Tourelle Hotel & Spa

Kalle · Married on 08/27/2016

We could not have asked for a better place than La Tourelle. They have so many amenities and some of the best staff we ever worked with. Everyone who went to our wedding could not stop raving about how accommodating they were. We were not from the area and they made it super easy to plan a wedding. The months leading up to our wedding they provided us with ample recommendations for vendors and timely responses to our inquiries.

We had our dinner rehearsal right outside the yellow barn suite. They provided a wonderful ambiance with fire pit, tiki torches and smores as the evening grew dark and helped us clean up so it was presentable in the morning. We even were able to set up our decorations the day before because there were no other events in the reception hall that evening.

In the morning I (bride) went to the August Moon Spa where I had my makeup done. Then all of the girls got ready in the yellow barn suite which has a master bedroom with a Jacuzzi, two loft bedrooms up a spiral staircase with a common bathroom downstairs near the common room. The suite had the rustic look we were going for so it was a great place for our photographer to come in and take pictures of us getting ready. There was plenty of room so we also had a hair dresser come in and set up in the common room.

We had our ceremony right outside of the reception by the gazebo. We even had our dog in the room right next to the ceremony and reception so it was super easy for someone to take care of him! The appetizers and dinner were wonderful. We opted for the Viennese station in Lou of a traditional wedding cake (mainly because we are not big cake fans). Eileen, the catering manager, surprised us with a beautiful small white cake for us to cut! There was so much food we couldn't try everything but everyone we talked to said it was delicious.

La Tourelle will forever have a special place in our hearts and what better place visit on for our anniversary!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Kate · Married on 07/01/2007

La Tourelle was wonderful! The food was great, it was a beautiful venue. We had some issues with moving the DJ outside and neededing to book enough rooms (and the right rooms) in order not to disturb others- the necessary rooms kept getting messed up and we needed to keep moving people around. We didn't know until 2 days before if the DJ could be outside- that was a little frustrating. But Eileen is wonderful as is her staff. VERY easy to work with and works with a lot of vendors in the area. It made everything VERY easy.

Sent on 01/15/2008

Allison · Married on 08/07/2011

Eileen was very easy to work with and responded fairly quickly. The best was that she was very flexible and we really got a lot of bang for our buck! Beautiful setting, too.

Sent on 08/23/2011
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 08/04/2012

3.5
      3.5

Eileen and the staff at La Tourelle were a bit shocked at the fact that I booked the venue two years in advance and had all of these wacky ideas about how to completely transform it into a magical, ethereal fairytale venue that was unique to my husband and me. However, as the time got closer, Eileen really got to know me better and was very flexible with all of my (sometimes strange) requests. She worked well with my wedding planner (Kate at Lovewell Celebration Designs) and worked tirelessly to check and doublecheck all of my requests and questions.

The service was amazing, the food was excellent and the bartenders were very flexible with our signature cocktails and requests. The venue is gorgeous and really feels like it is a magical place, far away from the world, when really it's only about 5 miles from downtown Ithaca.

The hotel staff was extremely accommodating, as well. My husband and I have stayed at La Tourelle many times and we have never had a bad experience. I highly recommend La Tourelle, especially if you have a tight budget, as it is a very customizable space, it is small enough to remain intimate, and the packages are very reasonably priced.

Sent on 09/04/2012