La Quinta Resort & Club Reviews

3 | La Quinta, CA

3 Reviews for La Quinta Resort & Club

Annette Overstrom · Married on 11/22/2018

La Casa at La Quinta Resort

We chose the more secluded location of La Casa at the La Quinta Resort & Club property. It is so quaint and romantic and just like the rest of the property perfectly maintained and landscaped.

We love this spot and always enjoy our time at La Quinta Resort & Club.

Sent on 11/27/2018

3.0

Great venue and food was excellent. They had a staff change mid way through our wedding planning, this was not a very smooth transition. Would still recommend them, in the end they made up for some short comings.

Sent on 03/17/2013

Diana Hekmat · Married on 05/28/2017

Wedding at La Quinta

Although this is a pretty venue in Palm Springs area I am hesitant to promote this venue as we were highly disappointed by the general service and demeanor of the hotel staff. As we got closer to the wedding date, I recognized there were other events, but I felt as though my event was dismissed and took days to get responses from the event coordinator, and those responses were often curt and condescending. The other departments were equally not helpful. In making hotel reservations- from the beginning it was challenging. Guests were told repeatedly from the first week that we did not have a room block or that the rooms were sold out (both wrong) and I had to spend hours on the phone trying to reconcile this with the hotel and my guests. This became a bigger issue as I realized many guests were booking outside the room block or at other hotels because they were told no rooms were available. This became an issue as we were trying to fulfill our room commitments. Even the week before my wedding when I called the reception desk I was told I did not have a bridal suite and then later when I spoke with the room manager I was told my brother's room was not confirmed. This took nearly an hour to clarify. All this confusion in booking and planning of rooms, makes me reconsider if this venue can handle or can cater to a wedding of a larger size (I had 500 guests).

Furthermore, throughout the wedding weekend we were very disappointed by the staff. I recognize that we were not the only guests but we had at least 200 guests staying at the resort and we were treated more like a nuisance. Several guests came and told us that the golf carts attendants were rude and annoyed they had to drive to the golf course for our welcome dinner. I was also told by my event planner that the banquet manager did not know the floor plan or timelines. Also the night of the wedding no one at the front desk knew where our reception was to give directions even though it was merely 50 feet away. The servers were delayed in setting up the ballroom and the ceremony site. My event planner and her assistants ran around and to place napkins on the tables as none were ready for the ballroom reveal! We were also told by many guests that they were rude- would literally drop their dinner plates on the table, would take dishes away when guests were mid-bite without asking if they were done, ignoring guests when they were asking for refills of water, and they honestly did not seem to know what tables they were covering. The bartenders, I understand may not be allowed to pass out shots, but instead of explaining that to a guest who ordered several shots they just threw them in the trash to make it a point, which is extremely rude and not why we chose your luxury resort to host our wedding weekend.

I cannot in good conscience recommend this to other friends or members of our community as for the amount we spent at this venue we expected a much higher caliber of service. We invested a lot of time and money planning this event and making sure the we and the guests would have an unforgettable experience. Instead, I heard many negative comments about the venue and staff. It is very hurtful to hear that some guests left the resort with a sour taste about their experience at The La Quinta Resort.

Sent on 03/19/2019