La Cuesta Ranch Reviews

La Cuesta Ranch 5
La Cuesta Ranch 6
La Cuesta Ranch 7

Courtney · Married on 10/28/2018

The best venue out there with the best customer service! I can't show how much I absolutely loved my expierence there!

• Victoria

Victoria · Married on 10/07/2018

5 stars across the board, what else can I say? Gabriel is the best host. His ranch has way more items than other ranches/venues. He has heaters. Others did not. He has tables. Others did not. He has chairs. Others did not. He has signage left behind by others (we left a welcome sign) others do not. He has chandeliers hanging from the trees! Others do not. Our night was magical from start to finish!! Thank Gabe, we will never forget you!!

La Cuesta Ranch 8
    La Cuesta Ranch 9
    La Cuesta Ranch 10
    La Cuesta Ranch 11
    La Cuesta Ranch 12
  • Brittany

Brittany Lipson · Married on 09/01/2018

Fairytale Ranch Wedding

Gabriel and his family made our wedding more than we could have ever imagined. The venue was gorgeous and his personal touches and attention to detail made it that much more personal. Gabe was flexible and attentive without being pushy or overbearing. His ranch is really one of a kind and we are so glad we booked it for our fairytale wedding

Rachell · Married on 08/25/2018

La Cuesta Ranch and Gabe were our ideal wedding venue and manager. Gabe has a genuine enthusiasm for sharing his ranch that gets you excited about the location while also putting you at ease. The site itself has so much to offer; the incredible oak tree at the ceremony site, the comfortable and accessible bar and patio, picturesque dining area in front of the barn, and, of course, the perfect place to break out your dance moves with the guests inside the barn. Gabe has also provided some great touches to make the venue even more unique with antique couches and chandeliers hung in the trees and in the barn. He was very accommodating, allowing us to come to the venue several times to determine our layout, utilize his several accessories, and even practice our dance. He will also take special requests like driving you to the top of one of the several hilltops for amazing wedding photos. We had the best time with Gabe and La Cuesta Ranch and couldn’t imagine having our wedding anywhere else!

La Cuesta Ranch 13
    La Cuesta Ranch 20
    La Cuesta Ranch 21
    La Cuesta Ranch 22

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2018

My husband and i got married here August 11 and I could not of asked for a more PERFECT day!!! Gabe is the man! And truly keeps everything so smooth and amazing on your big day, its so great!!! From start to finish this venue is just goals. Its truly an experience to be there and not just a wedding venue. All that Gabe includes with the venue price is totally amazing and hard to find elsewhere. The lights at night make this venue truly magical!!

Thank you Gabe, for our most PERFECT DAY EVER!!!

La Cuesta Ranch 23
    La Cuesta Ranch 24
    La Cuesta Ranch 25

Rachel · Married on 07/14/2018

When we got engaged we knew we wanted to get married in SLO, just not exactly sure where. But when we found La Cuesta Ranch we knew it was the one! It was our one and only venue we looked at and couldn’t be more thrilled with it. Gabe was the best during the whole process. He let us show up any day, with notice, so we could check out the venue over and over again, we don’t like in town so when we got the time we were up there. On the day of our wedding Gabe and his family were absolutely amazing. They were every we needed them to be and took care of anything that may have gone wrong.
    It was the best location we could have ever had!

La Cuesta Ranch 26

Brittany · Married on 06/02/2018

I couldn't say enough amazing things about La Cuesta Ranch. Gabe and his family are AMAZING and made sure that our wedding went off without a hitch! The ranch is absolutely gorgeous and extremely well maintained. We had the most beautiful wedding and our guests couldn't stop raving about how fun the venue was. I seriously wish we could relive the weekend over and over! Hopefully we will get the pleasure of attending a wedding here one day, since all of our guests loved it so much :)

Abel · Married on 05/27/2018

Gabriel and his family at La Cuesta Ranch went above and beyond in making our wedding day feel very special and a great success. We visited La Cuesta Ranch during a massive thunderstorm and decided that we wanted to get married there. That is how much we loved what Gabriel and his family have created. Throughout the process, Gabriel was very responsive, easy to talk to, and entertained all of our requests (bringing the Cal Poly Chinese Lion Dance Team to perform, hanging a massive cake pinata in the barn to name a few). La Cuesta Ranch is a perfectly sized venue for weddings in the range of 100-200 (ours was 150). The barn, the ceremony location, the restrooms, the parking lot, and the reception area, are all close to each other so makes it easier for guests, not to mention the creek, the fertility rock, and the large oak tree. We would highly recommend La Cuesta Ranch. Note: La Cuesta does not provide other vendor services, so you have to find your own (though Gabriel does keep a preferred vendor list) and he is very flexible with bringing your own vendors (v. requiring you to go off of his list).

La Cuesta Ranch 27
    La Cuesta Ranch 33
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 05/20/2018

Dream Venue!

Where to start? La Cuesta Ranch was a dream of a venue for our wedding. First, when my mom and I were in the area venue hunting my last venue of the day cancelled on me. Wanting to make the most of our trip, I wanted to find one more venue to look at. I hopped on Wedding Wire and found this profile. I called and left a message, and quickly got a returned call from Gabe. He told me they were setting up for a wedding the next day but to go ahead and come down for a quick tour (after he got permission from the bride). Gabe kindly greeted us and gave us a quick rundown of what to expect. I walked in through the backside of the barn on the tour and saw the beautiful ceremony site with the gorgeous tree and chandelier. My breath was taken away and I knew that was the spot where I would get married. La Cuesta is a dream to work with. It is set up for a smooth and beautiful wedding day. The table and chairs were included along with many other items that Gabe has in the barn. The barn itself is beautiful and the pictures speak for themselves. All of the vendors we hired breathed a sigh of relief when we told them our venue. Gabe and his team are a dream to work with. Gabe is very flexible and communicative. I am so glad we found La Cuesta, I can't imagine our wedding day in any other setting. It was truly perfect.

• Rene

Rene · Married on 10/14/2017

I am so happy that we decided to get married at La Cuesta Ranch! I cannot say enough great things about this place. Gabriel and his family are amazing to work with and the property has so much history and beauty. The venue feels intimate but can hold a lot of people which we loved. We had so many compliments from friends and family about the vibe on our day and how great the property was. Gabriel did some improvements to the property from the time we booked until the wedding day and it exceeded our expectations. Do not hesitate to book this venue- I am so happy we did!!

Naseem · Married on 09/30/2017

La Cuesta Ranch is fantastic and has everything you need from a wedding venue. We fell in love with the beautiful barn, gorgeous oak tree, and stunning scenery. Gabriel is kind, calm, and helped us make our vision for our wedding day come to life all over the ranch. It was absolutely magical and our guests still cannot stop talking about how wonderful La Cuesta Ranch is!

Celeste · Married on 09/23/2017

La Cuesta Ranch was a great place for us to make our daughters wedding a unique wedding. The ranch gave her the opportunity to make her special day her own. This venue is capable of transforming into whatever theme you want. We love that we were able to come in early and arrange the props and tables the way we invisioned. The ranch gave us the most incredible space that was amazing for everyone. So many spaces that are comfortable, inviting and fun. This is a great venue for those who like to be creative and have a one of a kind wedding.

La Cuesta Ranch 34
    La Cuesta Ranch 39
    La Cuesta Ranch 40
    La Cuesta Ranch 41

Debby · Married on 09/23/2017

Jacqueline & Weston had their heart set on La Cuesta Ranch & knew that it would be the perfect setting for the wedding of their dreams! The natural beauty of the surroundings were so incredibly fabulous & Gabriel Miossi was amazingly helpful from day 1! Our guests were endlessly complimentative of the venue and were in awe of the gorgeous environment! September 23rd, 2017 at La Cuesta Ranch is memory that will be in our hearts forever!!!

La Cuesta Ranch 42
    La Cuesta Ranch 43
    La Cuesta Ranch 44
    La Cuesta Ranch 45

Dylan · Married on 09/02/2017

Intimate, Unique, FABULOUS! The day still feels like a dream! La Cuesta Ranch was amazing! Gabriel and his family helped make our dream come true. From the moment we looked at La Cuesta and met Gabe we knew that was where we wanted to spend our special day. Everyone was so helpful and the ranch truly feels like your own on your wedding day! It is intimate and romantic and our guest have not stopped taking about it. Our vendors loved working there and with Gabe. Its a beautiful venue unlike anything else! Cant describe how beautiful the ranch is! Definitely going back to visit!

Cynthia · Married on 08/26/2017

La Cuesta Ranch is such a magical location. My husband and I just got married on 8.26.17 and it was absolutely beautiful. I met Gabriel, one of the owners at a Central Coast Wedding Expo where I spoke to him about the venue and looked at some pictures. I was ready to book right then and there, he sold me the location without seeing it in person. Gabriel and his family were so easy to work with and very accommodating. The venue came with tables, chairs, draping, antique furniture, chandeliers, just to name a few things. They also provided us with a list of preferred vendors but we were able to bring in whatever vendors we wanted which was great. This venue has an elegant rustic feel it doesn't even need so much decor, it is beautiful as is. The barn, trees, views, make for great pictures. My family and friends had an amazing time, everyone could not stop talking about what a beautiful location it was. Best decision ever to have our wedding there. Thank you soo much to the Miossi family.

La Cuesta Ranch 46
    La Cuesta Ranch 47
    La Cuesta Ranch 48
    La Cuesta Ranch 49

Erin · Married on 07/15/2017

Gabriel and his family were wonderful to work with! As soon as my husband and I met Gabriel, we knew La Cuesta would be where we wanted to get married. The venue is beautiful. It has everything we were looking for- great dance floor, beautiful oak tree at the ceremony site, comfortable restrooms for guests, and a lovely environment for everyone to enjoy. Working with Gabriel though is one of the best parts of La Cuesta Ranch though -- he and his family are so hard working, and are always investing into their space. From the time we booked the venue to the time of our wedding (about a year), Gabriel had put in decomposed granite (DG) to make the ranch less dusty for guests and installed brick inlay by the cocktail area to make the area even more beautiful and comfortable for guests. We wanted to project a slideshow on the dance floor and Gabriel fashioned a projector holder for us to meet the need. He was extremely responsive, getting back to us the same day with answers to our questions and working with us to pull our big day together seamlessly. We can't recommend working with Gabriel and his family enough!! (Side note: we ended up going with Old San Luis BBQ for our rehearsal dinner. Gabriel's daughter, Cali, was our point of contact there, and she was also fantastic to work with!)

Ashley · Married on 08/13/2016

This Venue is an absolute must if you are coming to the central coast! The manager is very friendly and we can not wait for our big day this coming summer!!!

I have nothing but amazing and wonderful things to say about our experience with La Cuesta Ranch. This venue is so beautiful and has decor like chandeliers and furniture that makes it stand out from all the other local venues. Aside from the beauty of this place, the owner, Gabe, is what truly sold us on this place. He made it feel so personal, took his time with us, and not like just another couple in search of a venue. Gabe is great to work with and was so great at helping us get our day to be exactly how we envisioned. He is the best and works hard to keep this property beautiful. Our wedding was perfect, everything we ever dreamed of.

Erica · Married on 06/18/2016

We fell in love with this venue the moment we saw it! The fact that it is located close to downtown and has so much natural beauty, sealed the deal for us!

They have so much to offer, from tables and couches to drapes and little decorations. The owners are super responsive and extremely helpful! Gabriel helped us build our chuppah and even helped take it down! He went above and beyond and we couldn't have asked for anything better!

Shelbie · Married on 10/17/2015

I got married here in Oct 2015 and absolutely loved everything about this venue. I fell in love with it after visiting over 10 different barn venues in the southern California area. The Ranch is stunning and makes you feel like you are miles away from anyone else, yet you are less than 5 min away from downtown SLO, which made it easy for my guests and transportation. The ranch is family owned, and is constantly getting upgrades and new decor/items for you to use.

I loved the fact that there are no boundaries with other vendors you can bring in, however I got great recommendations for vendors in the area that were very familiar with the barn. The vendors I was recommended were amazing! I also loved how anything goes here... Whatever ideas you have for your wedding you can do as long as you can convince them!

The owners-- Gabriel and the Miossi family are amazing, they have 7 people there on the day of to help everything go smoothly. I was planning from afar and Gabriel was so helpful answering all my questions and concerns and staying patient while I made all my changes! I did not have a planner, but it is definitely a venue where one would help. It is not an all inclusive venue, literally just the space but it is 100% worth it! However, there are a million decor items on the ranch that are open for use and grow every wedding held there. Gabriel is also very crafty so he is constantly redoing the ranch!

Words can't describe how much I loved getting married here, the barn and setting are stunning and truly made my wedding vision come to life. Guests are still raving to me about how beautiful and unique the setting was! I would recommend anyone to get married here!

courtney · Married on 07/25/2015

La Chest Ranch was absolutely the best wedding venue. Gabe and his family were great. It couldn't have been any better.

Deborah · Married on 05/02/2015

My daughter's wedding and reception was held at La Cuesta Ranch in San Luis Obispo last weekend. What a magical, breath-taking venue. Everything about this place is special; it is rustic but grand, filled with natural beauty but elegant. The Miossi family (owners) are fantastic to work with. Gabriel will do most anything to enhance your event and he is a talented and delightful man as well. After our wedding was over our family wanted to go back and do it all again. We couldn't have asked for a more fabulous setting and group of people with which to work!

Ashley · Married on 10/18/2014

La Cuesta Ranch is out of this world gorgeous. We had the most difficult time finding a venue and as soon as we were on the ranch, we were in total awe. You feel like the only people in the world surrounded by rolling hills. The ranch is so rustic and elegant. The string lights everywhere, huge trees, chandeliers, I can't even handle how much I love La Cuesta Ranch, I want to revisit it all the time! Our wedding was pure magic. All of our guests couldn't stop gushing over it as well. It's seriously just perfect.

caitlin · Married on 09/06/2014

I couldn't have picked a better venue than La Cuesta Ranch. I felt like I didn't have to do any decorating (and i love that kind of stuff) because the land, barn, scenery, and rustic ambiance really does speak for itself. It made my job easy! Gabe was such a joy and privilege to work with.. and he was SO fun, laid back, and made the whole wedding planning process enjoyable. He went above and beyond to help us with all of the details. My husband and I now consider him more than a vendor, but a friend!