L. M. Townsend Catering Reviews

28 | Cooperstown, NY

28 Reviews for L. M. Townsend Catering

Kim · Married on 06/14/2014

3.5

Lucy & her staff are a top-notch catering company. The food was excellent; we had received so many compliments from our guests on the food. The staff was very attentive to all our guests and our needs. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone I know! I hope I get the chance to work with them again - they are AMAZING!

Sent on 04/07/2015
  • Shelby

Shelby T. · Married on 06/01/2019

3.0

Very knowledgable team!

We hired L.M. Townsend Catering for bar services and the cocktail hour food display for our wedding day. Lucy responded to all my e-mail inquiries promptly and worked with my many changes to the plan over the course of preparing for the big day. We decided to stick to a more relaxed dinner because we didn't want to spend our whole budget on food. Even though we did not use L.M. Townsend for food at the reception, Lucy still assisted with the floor plan and made suggestions on the best way to serve dinner. On the day of, the staff was prepared and made sure the bar was stocked. They made the transition from cocktail hour to the reception as smooth as possible without any questions or assistance. If you want a team that knows what they're doing, L.M. Townsend is worth the money!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2016

1.2
      2.0
      1.0

I was very disappointed with my experience working with this company for my wedding. Reaching out to contact and plan with Lucy was difficult. She was planning some event for the baseball hall of fame around crunch time for my wedding and she made it clear my wedding was not her priority. Fair enough. My venue (Gilbertsville Farmhouse) did not have a catering space attached to the reception barn. The space was 10-20 yards away from the barn. Lucy requested I change my entire seating arrangement to suit her staff's needs or it was threatened that her staff would be trapsing through my reception to refill the buffet stations. I obliged her request even though it was a headache to reconfigure tables and my seating chart last minute. The day of the wedding was nothing sort of disastrous. She had NOTHING labeled. We had a breakfast buffet as our meal and one of the toppings for the waffles she served was a maple bacon flavor. No where did it specify that it contained nuts in it. As it was chopped, it was difficult to tell. Our DJ apparently had a nut allergy and ate the topping not knowing it contained nuts. His throat began to close. He had to stop DJing because he was going into shock. 10 benedryl and 2 epi pens later (thank God a physicians assistant lived across the street from the venue) our DJ made it home alive. Luckily we only had a 20 minute gap with no music as friends with some DJ experience took his place while he was being treated. Lucy never apologized for this potentially deadly situation. Another huge issue I had was that she was EXTREMELY rude to two of my bridesmaids. One simply asked her if the bowl of white substance was whipped cream or cream cheese and Lucy's response was "Well, what do you think it is?" In an extremely condescending tone. Another got several candy toppings and caramel sauce on her waffle while another (who is naturally thinner) only had fresh berries and Lucy commented that that must be why one is thin and the other isn't.

Sent on 10/06/2017