23 Reviews for L. M. Townsend Catering

House Wine (1)
House Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
23 L. M. Townsend Catering Reviews

Lucy and her staff were amazing; not only did everyone rave about the food, the staff made sure the groom and I managed to eat as well. Lucy answered all the zillion questions and concerns we had leading up to the day with patience, and we cannot thank her enough for how wonderfully everything turned out. Her staff was courteous and professional throughout the event. One guest actually paid her the highest compliment- "I don't think I have ever left a wedding full (the food is never this good)!" Thank you so much Lucy!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Organic, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Liquor License, Outside Alcohol, Specialty Beer, Clean Up, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, American

Lucy and her staff did a phenomenal job handling the catering for our wedding. The stations were presented beautifully with eloquence and the food itself was as good as I have ever tasted at any wedding ever. The staff onsite was polite and did a great job setting up, serving, and cleaning up. Our guests all raved about the food and how beautiful it was all prepared and served. There isn't a caterer in Upstate NY better than LM Townsend and that is a fact. If you're looking for wedding catering this is the place, I wouldn't even bother talking to anyone else.

Profile Picture Greg, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, French, Italian, Mediterranean

Lucy and team are top notch! I recommend their tasting the first Sunday of May. I was able to connect with a lot of my vendors there as well as, really nail down my menu. I hired L.M. Townsend catering for three days worth of events, my rehearsal dinner, my wedding dinner, and my Sunday brunch ... My guests are meat eaters, vegetarian, gluten-free, one nut allergy and tons of kids . Lucy was so accommodating and was so great working with my parents in their 70s. My guests raved on the food the drinks! I had requested farm to table food, and we were blown away!

Profile Picture Rebecca , 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer

L.M. Townsend Catering was fantastic and we couldn't have asked for a better vendor to work with! Our wedding was October 17, 2015 and they provided our bar service, our desserts, and our favors (apple cider donuts). Everything was wonderful and we can't say enough about the bartenders; they were extremely professional and polite. We were so pleasantly surprised by the services provided and we would recommend L.M. Townsend to anyone!

Profile Picture Meredith, 10/17/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering

Lucy and her staff at LM Townsend Catering provide not only top-notch customer service but amazingly delicious food! We recently were married in Norwich, NY and decided to have an "upscale bbq" lunch for roughly 25 people following our mid-day ceremony. The planning with Lucy was a breeze and the staff member that delivered the food went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our small, intimate celebration. Not only was the lunch presented perfectly but it tasted incredible. We'd hire them again in a heart-beat!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The services provided by Lucy and her staff for our wedding were superb. All of the food was delicious, and we received many compliments on it from our guests. In addition, Lucy offered her expertise to many aspects of our planning and preparation beyond just catering, such as helping us to create our reception floor plan and to determine what rentals we would need for our event. We couldn’t have done it without her and are so thankful that she helped to make our day wonderful! We would definitely recommend L. M. Townsend Catering!

Profile Picture Kira, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Imagine finding out you originally hire an incompetent and unprofessional catering company who illegally backs out of a contract just six weeks before your wedding after coming to the realization that they're unable to provide services to that capacity or venue!? That was us!

What started off as our worst nightmare, turned into our biggest blessing because of what the turmoil ultimately produced which is L.M. Townsend Company. This catering company not only saved our wedding, but made it absolutely spectacular with minimal time to plan and rectify a contract that was promised by another company. From the beginning, Lucy exemplified the professional integrity one would hope any business would translate not only for the individuals/couple's they're working with, but for the prospective partners and patrons from the community.

Lucy and her staff were communicative, responsive, demonstrated impressive problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize multiple communications & projects simultaneously without a hiccup. Lucy helped us secure rentals and their contract was as honest, thorough and transparent as one would hope for (and expect) given the occasion. The food was superb and her staff was exceptional for our event. Most importantly, their reputation among other vendors and professionals in the community is unmatched and made for an organized and seamless event that they had just six weeks to pull together.

We are indebted to them and would recommend them to anyone! Everyone to walked away from our wedding commented on how they were able to pull it off with grace, professionalism and poise. We're so grateful!

Profile Picture Grace, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Lucy and her team were absolutely wonderful! We met Lucy early on in the planning process and she was incredibly helpful the whole way through. She created the floor plan and helped handle all of the rentals that were needed to make everything work for our venue. There was a travel fee for her to come to Oneida, NY from Cooperstown but it was very reasonable. I also love that she charges a decent hourly wage for her staff and all of her prices include gratuity so you're not blind sided with that at the end. On top of that the food was amazing and she and her staff were great about making sure we were able to eat too! Who says you don't get to eat at your own wedding, because we sure did! The bar packages were very reasonable and she used a recipe that we gave her for our signature cocktail. One of the things I love the most is that while she already has a very extensive menu of delicious things she is very open to creating unique dishes or using family recipes to make your occasion even more special. My husband is from Alaska and he had some salmon shipped down and she was able to use that and a recipe we provided and it turned out amazing! Then not only was the food incredible but the way it was presented wass absolutely beautiful, they bring lots of décor (we did food stations) for the food tables and everything looked beautiful. We couldn't have asked for more!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Lucy catered our wedding in October of 2014--but she and the amazing staff did so much more than that! Lucy is everyone's go-to in Cooperstown and it's very clear why. She knows what she's doing, and she gets it done. She makes the floorplan, works with the rental company on everything (including all the kitchen equipment needed---our venue was a bring-everything type), adds to the display, and is adaptable to last-minute changes (on the night of the rehearsal, we discovered our bar area had someone else's tent in it. One phone call moved the whole shebang inside and I never had to lift a finger). She had a big job with 3 events the weekend of our wedding (at least), and some of our plans relied on the plans of others--without Lucy, I'm sure it wouldn't have gone as smoothly (or even been possible). She saved us money, attended to every need, saved us the hassle of remembering every tiny thing, and--possibly even above ALL that--the food was amazing. Our vegetarian friends went nuts at having more than one option, and the apple pies (instead of wedding cake) tasted like grandma's. Months later a guest pulled me aside at another function to tell me it was the best pie he'd ever had. So: Team Pie, Team Townsend, Team Cooperstown; book it before someone else does.

Profile Picture Bridget, 10/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Our catering plans fell through about six weeks before the wedding, and Lucy was fantastic. Not only was she one of the few caterers in the area who was willing to cater a wedding at such short notice, but she was great to work with. The food was fantastic and beautifully presented, and we were able to stick to our fairly limited budget and still have really unique, delicious, and interesting food with plenty for everyone.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wonderful experience - no problems and the food was excellent! She was great with finding exactly what I wanted to make the reception great.

Profile Picture Laura, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Lucy and her staff were incredible to work with. Lucy met with us face to face early in the planning process. She and her staff helped us plan our wedding in Cooperstown from start to finish. She and her staff went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect. They were very detail oriented and worked well with our other vendors to make sure the day was absolutely perfect.
We were able to attend a tasting before selecting our menu. Lucy allowed us to make changes to the menu and set up with ease up to a week before our wedding. Food was excellent we had numerous compliments from our guests.
I would highly recommend Lucy and her staff for any occasion!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Lucy catered our wedding last summer at Brookwood Garden in Cooperstown, NY. People are STILL talking about the food. In particular, the short ribs and the custom ice creams. Whenever we see short ribs on a menu we don't even bother ordering them because we just know they won't be as delicious and perfect as Lucy's.

Lucy was amazing to work with. We live in NYC and she helped make planning an upstate wedding so easy and seamless. Her food is delicious, the presentation on the plate blew me away. Our wedding as in a tent and she had a small on site catering tent and the plates that were being sent out looked like they belonged at a michelin star restaurant.

Lucy was also so flexible and understanding with us. We requested special beer from my husbands hometown brewery and she helped us get it and whenever we had a question or a menu change she said no problem and made it happen.

We're going to place an order for the ice cream and we're also hoping she might share her amazing short rib recipe so we can recreate one of our dinner options for our one year anniversary!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/23/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

If you're getting married within 300 miles of Cooperstown, you honestly can't do better than LM Townsend. They are professional, organized, and elegant, with food and service that is simply outstanding. Lucy's expertise and experience are apparent from the first moment you meet her, and she does an excellent job of making sure that every aspect of your event is thought through. She not only made us feel good about the catering, but bringing in Lucy felt like added insurance, because she made it a point to coordinate and stay on top of the rental team, the venue coordinator, the DJ, and everyone else we worked with.

The menu was planned and executed well, both the elements that we were very specific about and the details we left to her judgement. Everything tasted fantastic, and was timed and coordinated perfectly to align with the evening's festivities. Her staff, to a person, was lovely--friendly, accommodating and professional.

If you're looking for a pushover you can micromanage or a sympathetic ear to complain to, Lucy is not the right choice for you. She's not there to be your friend, and can come across as brusque at times. She's there to do a job and it's one she excels at. If you sign up with Lucy you will get excellent advice, timely communication, and precision execution. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture User5018984, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I had been to other events catered by L.M. Townsend and the food was always outstanding, so I knew they would do a great job for my own wedding. Lucy knows exactly what she's doing and she is very easy to work with. I had full confidence that everything would be perfect and it absolutely was. Guests raved about the food the entire time! Wouldn't change a thing.
Serving staff is 100% friendly, professional and accommodating.
Highly recommend.

Profile Picture C, 7/9/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Lucy is a real pro who has obviously thrown events of all sizes and types. Her food is top-notch and she is very hands-on. My guests raved about the food, from the passed hors d'oeuvers, the salad, the main course (seriously, get the spoon bread side), and we opted for pies, which she provided as well. A few of my guests wished they had stolen a whole pie, they loved them so much.

Thanks Lucy, I really appreciated everything you did for us!!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Lucy and her team set up a delicious meal for my Sept. 2014 wedding. Everyone raved about the food. She helped me select items that brought my vision of my special day alive. Even was I was having a last minute stress attack about risotto balls, she kept her calm. We had to have the ceremony at the reception spot because of last minute rain, and even with that Lucy kept her cool and made things nice for guests. At the end of the day, I didn't even get a risotto ball so the lesson learned is don't sweat the risotto balls or the small stuff! Lucy also learned a special recipe for a ginger martini for me, but at the end of the night, I asked a friend to get me one and he thought I said gin martini, so i didn't even get that, but I had a beautiful day, everyone was fed, the band was fab, and I married my best friend so all is good. I would recommend Lucy and Townsend Catering without reservation. Just make sure you ask for a GINGER martini!

Profile Picture User105766, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My husband and I used LM Townsend Catering for our July 2014 wedding in Cooperstown. Lucy (the owner) catered both our cocktail hour (including bar services) and our reception. The food was delicious-- we got rave reviews from guests and it was definitely not your typical wedding fare. We wanted to do brunch for dinner and Lucy had lots of great ideas and got right on board. She can offer pretty much any type of food you want, and has lots of vegetarian, ethnic, and healthy options, in addition to more standard dishes. She's willing to work with your ideas and with your budget (the food is not cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for, and it was worth it!).

Profile Picture Jen, 7/19/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Lucy knows her stuff. She knew the ins and outs of my venue and made recommendations that I hadn't previously considered, and which helped make the event a success with all the guests. The guests also said the food was fantastic, and I thought the value was excellent, especially considering what many catering services charge per head nowadays. Another bonus is that she focuses on locally-sourced or organic options wherever possible.

Profile Picture User4961494, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Lucy Townsend was great to work with. They have many different catering options to fit many budgets. We chose to do dinner stations of familiar foods with fun options. We had a mashed potato bar, beef tenderloin and corn on the cob with different sauces and butters choose from. We also had soup, salad, and pasta stations. We did a consumption bar of beer and wine (they offer many local beers!). The pricing was reasonable, and the food was great!! Our guests were so happy with the food, and many people went back up for seconds and thirds. The tables were set to our specifications and Lucy even offered us advice on seating and decor. In fact, she will come up with a floor plan for you and provide you with a list of items to rent. In many ways, Lucy functions as a wedding planner and a caterer! She is also able to recommend great people to work with in the area.

Profile Picture Alice, 7/17/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Lucy & her staff are a top-notch catering company. The food was excellent; we had received so many compliments from our guests on the food. The staff was very attentive to all our guests and our needs. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone I know! I hope I get the chance to work with them again - they are AMAZING!

Profile Picture Kim, 6/14/14, 1 Review
1.2

I was very disappointed with my experience working with this company for my wedding. Reaching out to contact and plan with Lucy was difficult. She was planning some event for the baseball hall of fame around crunch time for my wedding and she made it clear my wedding was not her priority. Fair enough. My venue (Gilbertsville Farmhouse) did not have a catering space attached to the reception barn. The space was 10-20 yards away from the barn. Lucy requested I change my entire seating arrangement to suit her staff's needs or it was threatened that her staff would be trapsing through my reception to refill the buffet stations. I obliged her request even though it was a headache to reconfigure tables and my seating chart last minute. The day of the wedding was nothing sort of disastrous. She had NOTHING labeled. We had a breakfast buffet as our meal and one of the toppings for the waffles she served was a maple bacon flavor. No where did it specify that it contained nuts in it. As it was chopped, it was difficult to tell. Our DJ apparently had a nut allergy and ate the topping not knowing it contained nuts. His throat began to close. He had to stop DJing because he was going into shock. 10 benedryl and 2 epi pens later (thank God a physicians assistant lived across the street from the venue) our DJ made it home alive. Luckily we only had a 20 minute gap with no music as friends with some DJ experience took his place while he was being treated. Lucy never apologized for this potentially deadly situation. Another huge issue I had was that she was EXTREMELY rude to two of my bridesmaids. One simply asked her if the bowl of white substance was whipped cream or cream cheese and Lucy's response was "Well, what do you think it is?" In an extremely condescending tone. Another got several candy toppings and caramel sauce on her waffle while another (who is naturally thinner) only had fresh berries and Lucy commented that that must be why one is thin and the other isn't.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/15/16, 1 Review