L&M Detailed Events Reviews

L&M Detailed Events 3
  • Linda

Linda Ball · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Best Wedding Ever!

I have to admit I was a little reluctant to hire a planner for my daughter’s wedding, but it took one appointment with them to go all in! I quickly realized that I was in way over my head especially since my daughter, Jess, was living in Virginia and her fiance, Alex, was in Alabama. I live about an hour away from Louisville so it really made sense. Not only that, but they already knew and had connections with the great vendors in Louisville. Melissa would set up appointments with several vendors on the weekends that Jess and Alex would be home and go with them.
    Melissa and Lorrie did all the “grunt” work and we were able to enjoy choosing flowers, venues, food, and all the other fun details. These ladies are ultra-organized with a wedding day schedule that was down to 5 minute intervals at some points. Because they are such experienced professionals, they thought of things that wouldn’t have crossed my mind.
    Melissa and Lorrie have worked in all kinds of venues and with all kinds of family situations. They are calming and supportive. They understood what Jess wanted for her wedding and they made that dream come true. They also understood that I wanted Jess’s wedding day to be flawless and beautiful. Melissa and Lorrie made it magnificent and effortless for us. We were able to enjoy and to be very present every minute that day.
    I just can’t say enough positive things about these excellent ladies! They don’t just organize your wedding; they become friends, counselors, referees, and managers. Having them was the best decision in the entire wedding planning process!

L&M Detailed Events 4
    L&M Detailed Events 5
    L&M Detailed Events 6
    Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Bisig · Married on 08/17/2019

Wonderful Experience!

Lorrie and Melissa are so wonderful to work with! They made me, my mom, and my groom feel so welcomed, and took the time to understand our vision and bring it to life. They also made each step of what can sometimes be a daunting process fun and exciting! Lorrie went above and beyond to ensure our day went smoothly, and we cannot thank her enough. I highly recommend working with Lorrie and Melissa for a truly magical and sweet wedding day experience!

Sent on 09/12/2019

L&M Detailed Events's reply:

Thank you, Rebecca, for such kinds words and taking the time to share your experience. It’s means a lot to us personally and to our business.
  • Amy

Amy Bolline · Married on 05/11/2019

Best Decision Ever!!

Hiring Lorrie was hands down the best decision we made when it come to planning our wedding. We were planning the wedding from Texas and we leaned heavily on Lorrie throughout the entire process. From helping us pick vendors, to putting together welcome boxes for our guests and even helping me pick a gift for my groom and having her mom make it for me, Lorrie can do it all! And she does it all with a smile on her face and with a warmth and genuineness that can only be matched by her sweet partner, Melissa! Lorrie coordinated an entire weekend for us so we could visit multiple vendors and not have to make several trips from Texas while planning. She made the entire process low stress, enjoyable and fun! Lorrie and Melissa genuinely want to give you exactly what you are looking for on your special day and they will go out of there way to make it happen for you! I can’t say enough nice things about these ladies. I truly miss talking to Lorrie every day and I am so grateful to have found her and Melissa! And let me just tell you about Melissa!! Lorrie was our main planner but Melissa helped a TON on the day of and decorated our reception/dinner space EXACTLY how I envisioned it!! It could not have been more perfect! These ladies are professional, prompt, friendly, and fun! You cannot go wrong hiring them and I highly recommend them to help you with your special day!

Sent on 06/16/2019

L&M Detailed Events's reply:

Amy, it was truly our privilege to be a part of your Kentucky Destination Wedding. We loved every minute of it and we also miss talking to you everyday. :) Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us in such kind words.

Erica · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Wedding Coordinators Ever!

Melissa and Lorrie are beyond compare! Because of them, we were able to enjoy our daughter and new son-in-law's recent outdoor wedding at Locust Grove. They respected their wishes and provided recommendations and guidance where needed. They fulfilled every single promise to us and more. Their energy and expertise were endless before the wedding and especially on the wedding day. I cannot even begin to recommend them as deeply and strongly as they deserve!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Paul · Married on 08/24/2018

As a minister who has officiated at MANY weddings over the past 50+ years, I've seen and experienced a great many wedding planners. L&M are one of the best I've ever experienced. They are so very much dedicated to the details and are so gracious in helping with the bride, groom and wedding party ....from the planning stages, to the rehearsal, to the actual wedding, reception. They are very thorough and helped put everyone at ease. I saw and experienced all of this from the clergy point of view and saw how very careful they were to maintain a high level of service which made for a very happy wedding party.

Sent on 08/27/2018

L&M Detailed Events's reply:

Pastor Frank, thank you, for taking the time to share about your experience working alongside us. We are grateful for your kind words.

Rachel · Married on 07/07/2018

I can't say enough great things about these ladies. I handled most of the wedding planning and budget management on my own, and these ladies were the perfect support system throughout the entire process. Their demeanor is absolutely perfect. They kept me calm when I was stressed, but also kept me laughing and smiling throughout the stressful planning. They really became more like friends than coordinators. Every single detail was absolutely perfect on our wedding day, and I have these ladies to thank. Hiring a wedding coordinator is one of the best decisions that i made, and NO DOUBT these two are the best coordinators around. The communication was perfect and timely, all of the vendors were well informed of all of the details (even a few last-minute surprises that my husband and I threw in the timeline) and the entire wedding was flawless. Five stars really isn't enough. These two really go above and beyond all expectation and it was an absolute pleasure to work with them.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2018

I knew I had to contact L&M when I started a conversation with a newly married friend about her wedding and she then spent the next 45 minutes talking solely about her wedding coordinators, Lorrie and Melissa! I think her excitement for them outranked that for her husband! :) But everything she said about them was so right. Melissa and Lorrie were everything and beyond what I envisioned when I was looking to hire a wedding coordinator. My mom and I wanted to make sure we felt like we could relax at my wedding and L&M delivered on that! They took care of EVERYTHING both in the weeks leading up to the wedding and on the day of the wedding. I can't say enough about how confident and worry-free I felt about the entire process. Not only were they excellent at their job, but they were so kind and easy to work with as well. I did not have to worry about a single thing the day of my wedding. They even packed up my bag at the end of the night! They are truly the best. I highly recommend them if you are planning a wedding!!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Neely · Married on 06/16/2018

These are the BEST wedding planners you could ever dream of!! They think of everything leading up to your big day and go out of their way to make your day so special where you don’t worry about a single detail. They had answers to all of our questions/concerns, quick responses, super accommodating (with us living out of town), great recommendations, and were complete rockstars on the big day. They had everything planned out, minute by minute for the day of the wedding, it was amazing! Definitely recommend these two to help plan your special day, they will not let you down!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Pennie · Married on 06/09/2018

Melissa and Lorrie are absolutely wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. They handled everything beautifully and I was actually able to enjoy myself at my daughter's wedding. They were on top of things before I even knew there might be a problem. I definitely recommend these ladies.

Sent on 07/18/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/02/2018

I don't even know where to begin when explaining how FANTASTIC Lorrie and Melissa are! I would have been a mess the weeks leading up to my wedding without their expert help and assistance. No matter what time of day, I could always count on them to give me an immediate answer to any of my questions. They kept everything so amazingly organized and our wedding day was truly the most amazing, organized, glitch-free day ever thanks to them! I would HANDS DOWN hire them over and over and over again if I had to! Using them was BY FAR the best decision of our wedding planning!

Sent on 07/23/2018

nicola · Married on 05/26/2018

Melissa and Lorrie are absolutely fantastic! We planned our wedding from several states away, and we knew from our first phone call that this was going to be an easy decision. We worked primarily with Melissa who managed every single detail beautifully. Working with L&M was seamless, and I knew everything was covered. On our big day, Melissa handled everything with grace and a lovely smile throughout. Thank you L&M!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Gina · Married on 05/26/2018

Where do I even begin! L&M are the best.
    First and foremost, make room in your budget for a wedding coordinator/planner!!! Unless you're having a <10 person wedding (and maybe even then), this is a MUST. I'm not kidding
    Second, hire L&M and you will not regret it at all!
    I cannot tell you how much an asset L&M were to our wedding planning process. Lorrie & Melissa asked us so many questions I could never have thought of in a million years. They are so experienced and knowledgeable. They sat down with us as many times as we wanted and answered every question we had, no matter how small or obvious. We had some oddball ideas and they always listened repectfully and intently. They never told us we couldn't do something, but they did give us really honest feedback on our various ideas and helped us make decisions when the time came, which was SO SO helpful. They went above and beyond for us on some last minute items that we had been stressing about and took all our stress away.
    On top of it all, they are such fun and kind people that I really enjoyed hanging out with them!
    These are people you can trust to give you a wonderfully smooth day, so you can focus what really matters for you---your new spouse (yay!), friends, family & fun :)

Sent on 09/06/2018

John · Married on 04/14/2018

I think the most telling comment regarding L&M came from my father-in-law who stated unequivocally that the thing he was most happy paying for were the wedding coordinators. We had a large wedding at a relative's house, which meant we had to build a venue from scratch. It simply would not have been possible without L&M. They coordinated parking, transportation from hotel to church to venue, catering, the band, tents, and on and on and on. Also, my wife and I just just enjoyed Lorrie and Melissa. They are such fun and friendly people who genuinely cared about our day. I couldn't recommend them enough.

Jennifer · Married on 04/14/2018

I really don't know what we would have done without Melissa and Lorrie's help leading up to our wedding. We booked the partial package for our 6-month engagement and I actually regret not getting the full package (and so do my parents, who paid for their help!) Even with what I thought was a somewhat simple wedding style, the details became very overwhelming for me, especially alongside a full-time job! Melissa and Lorrie were great about checking in, keeping track of my contracts and contacts, and making sure we had all necessary pieces booked well in advance of our wedding day. The weeks leading up to the event, they did everything - even when the forecast called for 100% rain, they made sure we were well prepared for potential weather and still had everything we wanted for our outdoor, tented reception. They were exceptionally kind and flexible with all of the family members involved, varying vendors, and a reception venue that required creative planning and prep work for our 300+ guest list. I cannot recommend them enough, and am continually grateful for their expert guidance.

Allison · Married on 03/03/2018

Melissa and Lorrie were our wedding day MVPs. If someone were to ask me which vendor I would hire over and over again, it would hands down be L&M. In the 6 weeks prior to our wedding, they were invaluable. When I had concerns about another vendor, Melissa and Lorrie handled the awkward conversation for me professionally and flawlessly. They kept us on track the week and day of the wedding. They gave my mom and mom-in-law complete peace of mind the week of the wedding. When little things went wrong (e.g., forgot my veil where the girls got ready, ran low on bourbon at the reception), I never knew about them until someone told me after the wedding. L&M quickly worked out solutions and just took care of the issues. On top of being so professional and organized, they are honestly the sweetest team to work with. They are genuinely friends with each other and you feel that warmth. By the day of our wedding, my husband and I both felt like we had been friends with them for years too! They are people you will want to be around on your wedding day. I cannot sing their praises enough or recommend them more highly.

Kamani · Married on 11/04/2017

Lorrie & Melissa are absolutely amazing! I decided to plan my wedding in 60 days and as things got closer I knew I needed a day if coordinator. We were able to communicate back and forth and they answered all of my questions quickly. After about a week or so we decided to go with them and couldn't be happier with our decision. They made our day run so smoothly and every detail was in place. Our day turned out perfect and I know it wouldn't be able to do it without them!!! You won't regret it!!

Sent on 11/05/2017

L&M Detailed Events's reply:

We were probably with you least amount of time compared to our couples, but will remember you the most because your energy is contagious. Thank you so much for the kind review and for choosing us to be with you on your beautiful wedding day.

Chloe · Married on 10/28/2017

Melissa and Lorrie are truly amazing people and professionals. We purchased their partial planner package and from day 1 knew we were in good hands. They provided a google doc worksheet that was a detail oriented person and overwhelmed Brides dream! Split into comprehensive sections, which included tips, tricks, and vendor suggestions. They were always very responsive to my questions, and requests for every "in the weeds" detail I had. As the day got closer, they seamlessly became more involved, taking over the reigns when I was loosing steam. :) Assisting me with final venue and vendor meetings, finalizing the timeline, and managing last minute changes and requests from family members (which in and of itself deserves a medal!). On the day of I honestly could not have done it without them, they were so on top of it. I am not one who likes to give up my control of and in situations, but I knew I could fully trust Melissa and Lorrie to execute and handle every little detail and task that goes into pulling off this type of monumental and special event. I only wish someone would have grabbed my bouquet at the end of the night, haha! But in all seriousness, I enjoyed and appreciated their enthusiasm; they really made me feel like our wedding was top priority, and not just another one on their calendar. Thank you Melissa and Lorrie!

Sent on 11/13/2017
  • Sammy

Sammy J. Kudmani · Married on 10/28/2017

Epic plan and on point execution

We are blessed to work with the finest wedding planners in the industry. L&M Detailed Events is one of our favorites. We cannot say enough great things about the thought behind the planning, and the effortless on point execution of every single event we've witnessed.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/07/2017

There is a reason that Lorrie & Mel have the glowing reviews they do - it's because they've earned them. I booked a full-service wedding package with them well in advance of my wedding, knowing that planning a wedding in Kentucky from where I live in California would be nearly impossible. I'm SO happy I did. These ladies have hustled on my behalf from day one, and when some major hiccups occurred with other vendors, not only were they on top of communicating with me about them, they always had a suggested plan of action and clear guidance for what to do next. Their suggestions and recommendations were always in line with the overall vision we had discussed, and when I didn't like something or made a choice that differed from their recommendation, they pivoted flawlessly and without judgment. Month-of and day-of, I didn't worry about timing or logistics or details. Lorrie and Mel handled EVERYTHING for me, including planning contingencies as rain threatened the forecast and guest lists fluctuated. Our wedding went off beautifully, and it had everything to do with these two ladies busting their tails. Truly - I didn't do a thing on my wedding day besides get married and smile. They did it all, and we've had so many friends and family in attendance tell us what a great wedding it was. The service they provide is incredible and they are a joy to work with, coordinating all of our vendors behind the scenes seamlessly, keeping track of the wedding party and keeping them in line, and letting us know where *we* needed to be at every step of the way during the wedding. You MUST hire them if you are in Kentucky!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

L&M Detailed Events's reply:

Elizabeth, it was so fun planning your wedding with you even from a distance. I was like a little kid waiting for you to get here and for the day to get started. You were an ideal bride with your organization and thoughtfulness. Thank you for the wonderful review.

Kim · Married on 09/30/2017

Our wedding on September 30,2017 was absolutely perfect! Down to the very last detail! Thanks to Melissa and Laura we will have wonderful memories for many many years to come!

Sent on 11/09/2017

janis · Married on 09/30/2017

Melissa and Lori are the Best !!! We could have not asked for better coordinators for our daughter's wedding !!! They went above and beyond with their services. They both are so genuine and absolutely know what they are doing. wouldn't plan another wedding or event without L&M Detailed Events !!!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Mary · Married on 09/16/2017

Melissa and Lorrie are absolute professionals and a joy to work with. I used their services strictly for month of wedding coordination but should have hired them sooner. They handled every detail and every hiccup without even worrying us and gave us some great last minute suggestions/referrals when a vendor dropped the ball on us. On the week of the wedding, they pulled all of our details together and ensured we got to focus on enjoying the experience rather than being overwhelmed with "to do" lists. Our wedding day was perfect. Melissa and Lorrie worked 15 hours that day and everything about the wedding was smooth. They kept everyone on schedule and the whole event flowed wonderfully for us and our guests. I wasn't even aware of some of the problems that arose, they were simply handled. In short, I cannot recommend L&M enough. Thank you, ladies, for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/04/2017

L&M Detailed Events's reply:

Mary, Thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet review of our services. It was a pleasure and a privilege to be a part of your wedding day.

Rachel · Married on 07/28/2017

If you need wedding or event planners, I highly recommend L&M Detailed Events! Lorrie and Melissa were so great to work with for all my wedding planning needs. They are professional, knowledgeable in many areas, and treat you like family. One thing I really appreciated was their willingness to help me with creativity, but not overly push a certain idea on me. They were flexible with my schedule, which was so helpful. I used vendors from across the state and they tied all the details together to make my wedding day flawless. I didn't have to worry about a single thing on my big day and they ensured it was one of the happiest days of my life! Professional, classy, knowledgeable, fun, and stylish are just a few things that describe Lorrie & Melissa. Highly recommend for all wedding and event planning needs!!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Erin · Married on 07/08/2017

Lorrie and Melissa were so amazing! They were the best decision I made for the wedding, minus my groom :). If there was anything that didn’t go as planned the day of our wedding I will never know. They are very capable of handling anything that comes up. I had the most amazing wedding with their guidance of vendors and coordination. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone for any event. Plus, they are just the sweetest people and truly from their heart want to make your day amazing. I could never thank them enough!!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Perry · Married on 06/11/2017

Hiring Melissa and Lorrie was the best decision we made throughout our wedding planning process. Being an event planner myself, I knew we didn’t need full-blown wedding planning, but I also knew that if we didn’t put someone else in charge the day of the event then it would be me worrying about all the little event details. Lorrie and Melissa say they want you to feel like a guest at your own wedding, and that’s exactly how it was for us.

Since our arrangement was for day-of coordination, we met with Melissa a few weeks before the big day to go over every tiny detail of the plan and hand off all the contracts. Melissa took care of almost all our vendor correspondence from that point forward. She came to our rehearsal and, together with our officiant, walked through everything to be sure everyone knew the plan.

While our contract was for day-of coordination, Melissa and Lorrie also helped us out with some advice that we needed throughout the whole year of planning. They had vendor recommendations for us (including our DJ, who we also loved) and answered our questions about the marriage license process, etc. We had a Jewish wedding, so there were a lot of customs that varied from most other weddings, but Melissa and Lorrie dived right in and had no trouble following our and our rabbi’s instructions. And everything went perfectly!

Sent on 07/05/2017