L.Havard Events Reviews

17 Reviews for L.Havard Events

17 L.Havard Events Reviews

Megan · Married on 09/22/2018

Great wedding coordinator!

Lisa was worth every penny!! I don't know what we would have done without her. She provided excellent advice and was always available during the planning process, helping to make sure all the details were sorted out. We were very impressed by her attention to detail. Our venue required a lot of coordination between different vendors, and she handled it very well. The day of the wedding she helped transform our venue into the exact vision we had and made sure everything went smoothly. We really didn't have to worry about a thing. A true professional. We would highly recommend her.

Maura · Married on 06/23/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Lisa! She was so amazing to work with as my month-of wedding planner. I was completely relaxed on my wedding day and was able to enjoy every aspect of they day – and that really is thanks to Lisa. She was so organized and on top of everything and was able to handle anything thrown her way. My husband and I are pretty laid back so Lisa was great for us in helping us to stay on track and also helping us to brainstorm and make decisions about every aspect of our wedding. Even though we hired her as a month-of planner, she really went above and beyond throughout our whole wedding planning process. We live in Chicago so it was important to us to have a planner that was very familiar with the wedding industry in DC since we wouldn’t be able to visit and meet with every vendor. Lisa had great recommendations for every vendor that we were looking for which made our lives so much easier. She took the time to meet with us a do a venue walk-through 6 months before the wedding when we happened to be in DC for a few days in December. She also attended our final walk-through and tasting two months before the wedding and by this time already had a detailed timeline for the wedding. She thought of every little detail and had contingency plans for everything. Working with Lisa was wonderful – we weren’t sure if we needed to hire a month-of planner but this was honestly the best money we spent. She was so thoughtful and helpful throughout the whole process and made planning so much easier. We highly recommend hiring Lisa as your planner!

Sent on 08/09/2018

L.Havard Events's reply:

Maura and Brian thank you so much for the wonderful review! You are the reason I love what I do. It was so much fun to get to know you and to help you bring your all of your thoughts and dreams for your wedding to life. Seeing you and your family enjoying the day was pure joy for me. Please stay in touch!

Arielle · Married on 06/01/2018

Choosing Lisa as our wedding coordinator was the absolute best decision we made for our wedding. Her experience and expertise took all of the stress out of planning our wedding. She was so organized and helpful when it came to helping us select our vendors, she did an incredible job coordinating all of our vendor contracts and ensuring we received everything we were promised, and we were blown away by the timeline she built to help ensure our day ran smoothly. We could not have done any of it without her. Throughout the experience, she was calm and professional and helped us navigate various challenges that arose during our planning process. She allowed us to truly be able to enjoy our wedding day and with her at the helm we knew everything would run smoothly! Thank you Lisa!!!

Sent on 06/15/2018

L.Havard Events's reply:

Arielle and Bill, Thank you so very much for choosing me to help you plan and coordinate your wedding. I loved every minute of helping you and getting to know you and your families. I wish a world of happiness and adventure in the coming years. XXOO

Hillary · Married on 05/27/2018

Hiring Lisa Havard to be our day-of-event wedding coordinator was our best wedding-related decision. We interviewed other coordinators but got the feeling that our wedding was just another job to them. Lisa's joyful enthusiasm and dedication to making our wedding vision come true won us over.
    Throughout the lead-up to our wedding, Lisa was generous with her time and ideas on topics ranging from wedding décor to ice-breakers for our rehearsal dinner to suggestions to take our wedding to the next level. We had many email and phone communications, plus two lengthy in person meetings before the actual wedding. Lisa helped us prepare a detailed time-line for our cocktail hour, ceremony, reception, and conclusion. She acted as liaison between us, our other wedding professionals, and our venue; recommended additional vendors who turned out to be awesome; provided timely reminders of tasks left on the to-do list so that we were not left scrambling for time at the end or having to give up on something we wanted for lack of time; even lent us her own easel when we needed a place to display our wedding Ketubah (Jewish marriage contract); and was always a calm, reassuring, and supportive presence.
    On the day of the wedding, Lisa and her assistant were on top of everything, ensuring that our wedding ran seamlessly so that my husband and I were able to lose ourselves in the sheer enjoyment of the day. We really appreciated the fact that Lisa brought an assistant (something other coordinators never mentioned). Two sets of eyes and hands definitely beat one. I cannot imagine anyone doing a better job than Lisa at helping us prepare for our wedding and ensuring that it was the everything we hoped it would be and more. Thank you Lisa!!

Sent on 06/28/2018

L.Havard Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. This makes my heart sing!! It was my pleasure to help you and Scott have the wedding you envisioned.I am glad we exceeded your expectations. Your love story is one of my favorites and I wish you both many happy adventures through life!! Please stay in touch. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Katie · Married on 09/23/2017

My Husband and I have known Lisa of L.Havard events for a few years (she is both a friend and colleague of mine), so it was a no-brainer when we got engaged that we would ask her to help with with the month-of coordination for our big day.

Being in the events industry myself, I have come to know that hiring an experienced planner is the BEST money a couple can spend on their wedding.

Having worked with Lisa in the past on events for other couples, I knew from our first conversation that she was going to make sure our wedding was perfect from start to finish.

Lisa went above and beyond to deliver every detail of our dream day, and looking back, I am still in awe of the ease with which she executed a full weekend of events for our friends, family and guests!

From her organization and timelines, to checking in with each vendor, member of our families and bridal party, the day ran like clockwork.

All of our guests were wowed by the hospitality of Lisa, her assistant Charlene, and the team of vendors she helped oversee.

Lisa's rapport with her clients goes above and beyond what I have experienced in working with other planners - she takes the time to get to know her couples, their families, the venue, and the event vendors, to ensure that everyone involved is able to relax and enjoy being a part of the wedding.

Her experience, confidence in her work, and industry knowledge truly shine through in the execution of her events, but she is also creative and fun to work with during the planning process, always being there for moral support, ideas and assistance.

Wether you are looking for full wedding planning or month/day-of coordination, we would highly recommend Lisa, and we cannot thank her enough for her literally making our big day feel like magic!

Sent on 11/08/2017

L.Havard Events's reply:

Katie - Thank you so much for the amazing and heartfelt review. My heart is singing. I was beyond honored when you asked me to help you coordinate your wedding. Working with you and getting to know Tim and your families was the highlight of my year!

Vivian · Married on 08/12/2017

We LOVE Lisa!!!! (Quick disclaimer, I usually never write in all caps but I feel very strongly about this so here goes!) I've tried to write and re-write this review at least 10 times but nothing I write can really express the gratitude my husband and I feel for all of the incredibly hard work, time, and effort Lisa put into our wedding. I can say for a fact that the wedding would not nearly have been as beautiful or successful without Lisa's help. Frankly, it would have been a big mess. But with Lisa's magic, it was THE best day of my life and it went off without a single hitch!!! I could go on and on with a huge list of why she and her team are so amazing, but let me just give you the top three things that I most appreciate from her: 1) I had this insane (and somewhat drunken) request that the flowers MUST go home, and believe me if you saw the flowers you'd know it was a Herculean task (we're talking HUGE tropical leaves, vines, and flowers everywhere). Lisa had it all packed and stuffed in multiple family members cars by the end of the night, like magic. AND all of the other trillion things that we brought from home, it was all neatly packed and stuffed in the car. MAGIC!! 2) I literally had to worry about NOTHING on the day of the wedding. Not. A. Single. Thing. She took care of it all, which speaks volumes about her dedication and preparation. She even hand-wrote this adorable sign for the rally towels we put out for our guests at the wedding with the cutest saying!! She's really goes above and beyond! 3) She's incredibly nice, easy to get along with, and very accessible!! Every little thing, every little indecision and decision, she was there for me. And as you know, having someone there to say "yes" or "no" or "I think this is a better idea" can be really helpful during this whole process. I think I must have emailed her like 10x a day at one point and she was always so patient! In sum, hiring Lisa was the best decision I made. Book her now!

Marlee · Married on 07/15/2017

Working with L. Havard Events was the single best decision we made throughout the wedding planning process. We cannot overstate the value of working with Lisa from the beginning, as she helped us make the fundamental decisions that led to our vision for the day. Every step of the way she was with us to make sure we were working with the best vendors, getting the best prices (saved us lots of money here), and to take all the stresses of wedding planning away from us. Her passion for this work and her experience gave us a lot of comfort in making decisions, which is something we struggled with prior to working with Lisa. She knew how to take our ideas and make them reality.

Perhaps the most valuable part was that we actually got to enjoy the process with our families, and avoid the inevitable stress that comes with making decisions and planning. This really proved true in the month leading up to the wedding when we got to hand over all the logistics to Lisa and simply enjoy the special moments with our friends and family. Her timeline was exceptional, and kept everything extremely organized throughout the day (and our wedding had a lot of moving parts). We truly cannot recommend working with Lisa enough!

Sent on 08/31/2017

L.Havard Events's reply:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! I enjoyed every minute of working with you and being with you when your dream wedding came to life. I miss our convesations so please stay in touch!
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 06/10/2017

Hiring Lisa as a day-of coordinator was absolutely one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. It was a special blessing to be able to spend precious time with our families before our ceremony and know that Lisa and her wonderful team were setting up and making sure every detail was in place. Lisa's passion for weddings combined with her organization and attention to detail make her worth far more than the rate she charges. We would highly recommend her to any couple planning their wedding; with Lisa's help, our wedding was everything we dreamed of.
    P.S. she also knows how to tie a bow tie ;)
    - Whitney & Neil

Sent on 06/13/2017

L.Havard Events's reply:

Whitney and Neil - You made my day with your nice words! I enjoyed getting to know both of your throughout our time together. Your wedding day was amazing and I hope life provides you with many more amazing days! Please stay in touch and I can't wait to see the pictures. :)

kristin · Married on 05/13/2017

My dream December wedding would not have been all I had dreamed without the help of Lisa. She supported me from start to finish and never shut down any of my "out of the box" dreams- e.g. I want a Santa Claus to surprise the guests on the dance floor! I want him to throw green & red glow sticks, and hand out donuts!
    From the beginning, she helped me narrow in on my what was most important to me and guided me through the process of bringing this to life. Lisa not only made great vendor recommendations but was fun, detail-oriented, kind and a pleasure to do vendor visits with. She always knew what questions to ask, how to analyze contract and make sure that our choices fulfilled my ultimate goals.
    Being just a month out of the wedding, I know that a planner provides you not only with a person to bounce ideas off but someone to help ease your mind do stressful times (this is inevitable!) and share in the successes.
    I highly recommend Lisa and guarantee that she will help you the way she helped me all while being creative, fun and kind!

Daphne · Married on 05/13/2017

Lisa is AMAZING! Without a doubt, our wedding wouldn't have come together without her help. Our wedding logistics were rather complicated (a lot of vendors, three different locations), and Lisa made sure everything ran seamlessly. In the two months that we worked with Lisa, she gave us such peace of mind and alleviated any wedding stress, both our own and that of our families. Lisa provides great advice given her expertise and decades of experience in this space while at the same time respecting your wishes and fully executing your vision. She is incredibly responsive, pleasant, organized, and hyper competent. Hiring Lisa was probably the best decision we made regarding our wedding.

Rebecca · Married on 04/08/2017

I would definitely recommend a wedding planner! Thank you Lisa for all your hard work. My wedding day was beautiful.

Barbara · Married on 11/05/2016

Lisa pays attention to every detail and makes sure you have the wedding of your dreams. She is very organized and thorough and was exactly what we needed when planning our daughter's wedding. She was on top of all our deadlines and provided gentle reminders throughout the whole planning process. She had great suggestions when we were uncertain what we wanted and always helped us make wise choices! Our daughter's wedding ran very smoothly. Lisa and her team were a great help from start to finish!

Sent on 09/25/2016

L.Havard Events's reply:

Barbara, Thank you for your kind words. I enjoyed every minute of planning and coordinating L & A's gorgeous wedding. Thank you for choosing to work with me!

allison · Married on 10/21/2016

Lisa and her crew are talented, organized, and efficient! Lisa makes you feel special and like a bride-- not like just another client. After a terrible experience with a previous wedding planner, Lisa came in and saved the day! She seamlessly picked up all of the pieces and went above and beyond for my husband and me. Our big day was absolutely beautiful and that is thanks to the hard work and dedication of Lisa and her staff! I can't not recommend L. Havard Events highly enough! :)

Vivian · Married on 10/01/2016

Lisa is amazing! She has been the point person for both of my daughters weddings. Two weddings in three years and both major successes with Lisa's expert help and coordination. We decided to do a backyard wedding this time (10/01/16) and planning did not start until May 2016. With Lisa heading it up every detail was thought out planned and coordinated. After weeks of drought Mother Nature saw fit to deliver a solid week of rain leading up to and even the morning of the wedding. Not to worry because Lisa had a rain plan! The maid of honor (my other daughter) worked hand in hand to coordinate with Lisa to implement design ideas, purchases, rentals, timelines etc and they dId it all long distance as she lives in CA. As if the long distance planning and weather were not enough of a challenge we had two caterers. Lisa coordinated everything and the food was amazing.

If you are planning a wedding, shower, birthday or any event that needs that special touch and an expert to handle all the details and coordination Lisa is your go to person. We could not have done it without her!

Vivian Redler
    Oak Hill, VA

Pamela · Married on 06/25/2016

Lisa was great! I live in Atlanta and our wedding was in Fairfax, VA, so finding an event planner to assist me in planning was my first priority. She took the vision I had for the wedding and made it happen. The vendors she recommended were fantastic. My husband and I really appreciated everything Lisa did to make the day go smoothly and stress-free.

Sent on 08/14/2016

L.Havard Events's reply:

Pam, It was so much fun to work with you and Rob to create the perfect wedding you envisioned. So glad to be part of your beginning. Wishing you all the BEST!

Jessica · Married on 10/02/2015

Our main reason for getting a wedding coordinator was so that our mothers could enjoy our day as much as we did. Lisa fulfilled that need and so much more. The week of our wedding it rained constantly, and Lisa helped coordinate last minute details so that the wedding went off without a hitch. Lisa geniunely wants you to have the best day of your life and does everything in her power to make it happen. Our wedding was stress free and wonderful.

Sent on 08/23/2016

L.Havard Events's reply:

Jessica, Thank you so much for allowing me to help you plan your day. I loved meeting your wonderful family and friends and most of all getting to know you and Leo. You are an awesome couple!

Elizabeth · Married on 01/30/2016

Lisa Harvard was our everything... : ) We decided to hire a wedding planner fairly late in the process (2 months before the big day). As soon as I met Lisa I knew it was the right decision. She helped with all of details (really every single little detail) she checked, double checked and tripled checked everything... Lisa was incredibly organized, professional, dependable, timely, thoughtful, honest and sincere. She was able to deal with every situation that was thrown her way... and if there was something that wasn't going as planned... I did not even know about it... : ) So I can honestly say our wedding day at Stone Tower Winery was perfect and Lisa was a big part of making that happen! I have a new found respect for what wedding/party/event planners do especially if they are anything like Lisa. Hiring Lisa for our big day was the best decision my husband and I made (besides saying "I do" of course : )...

Sent on 09/18/2016

L.Havard Events's reply:

Liz, Your wedding was beautiful. I enjoyed being able to execute your vision and wonderful ideas. The best part for me was seeing you and P having fun on the dance floor with your awesome group of loving friends and family. Lisa