Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant Reviews

Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 7
  • Pollyana

Pollyana · Married on 06/21/2019

The Best experience !!!

I have no words to Thank Mayte for the amazing jog she has done . There is nothing that I could think that she could have done better ! She is the most amazing person and professional inside out ! 1000 star for Kukua Punta Cana

Sent on 06/29/2019
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 14
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 15
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 16

Pollyana,

Thank you so much for choosing us! We took so much pleasure in creating your magnificent wedding and being able look on as you shared your love for one another. We will forever treasure the beautiful moments that we were fortunate to share with you and Marcus.

Wishing you an abundance of love always,
    Mayte and the Kukua Wedding Team
  • Laney

Laney · Married on 05/01/2019

Truly exceeded our expectations!

If I could give a MILLION stars I would! Mayte and her team at Kukua truly exceeded all our expectations on our special day. Prior to our wedding, she was very responsive and helpful with anything I needed. The location is absolutely breathtaking, and the cherry on top is the talent and vision that Mayte has for what she does. She and her team went above and beyond anything I could have imagined. I honestly cannot say enough good things about our experience. We were as close to stress-free as a couple could possibly be leading up to our big day, and my husband and I and all our guests literally felt like royalty, all thanks to Kukua. This was a day that was utterly magical and could not have gone more smoothly for us. Thank you Mayte!!!

Sent on 06/01/2019
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 21
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 22
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 23

Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant's reply:

Sharing in your wedding journey from beginning to end has truly been our honour, as the love you share for one another is truly inspiring. May all the days of your marriage be filled with adventure, happiness and love beyond your wildest dreams! Thank you for giving us the beautiful memories of making your wedding dreams come to life.

XOXO
    Mayte & The Kukua Wedding Team

Sara · Married on 04/27/2019

Book it now!

The best experience of my life. Mayte and her team were a dream. I barely have her any direction and it ended up being absolutely breathtaking. Better than I could have ever imagined. My guests are calling it the wedding of the century and they will never forget!! Thank you, Kukua!!!!

Sent on 09/01/2019
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 24

Sara,

We are ever grateful that you chose US to be apart of such a magical moment in your lives and we are overjoyed to hear your happiness! You were so wonderful to work alongside in making your beautiful wedding vision come to life. It was truly a magical day and we will forever treasure the memories you've given us.

Sending love and wishes for a lifetime of happiness always,
    Mayte & The Kukua Wedding Team
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 03/23/2019

Beautiful Dream Wedding!!

I completely recommended working with Kukua for your wedding over and over again! Our wedding was so much more than we expected or dreamed of! Mayte, who is the wedding planner of the venue, is amazing at what she does! All my ideas and vision came to life with her help. The venue was perfect, the food was delicious, the service was amazing, the entertainment was so much fun. My guest enjoyed every minute of our wedding and said it was the best wedding they've ever been to. We are so blessed to have found Kukua and Mayte to help us with our wedding. I also researched other resorts nearby and none of them compare to having your wedding at a private venue. If you are thinking of a destination wedding, private venues are the way to go, especially at Kukua. Thank you Mayte and Kukua team for helping us create memories that will truly last a lifetime!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant's reply:

We are blushing! Being able to share in your wedding journey and watching your embrace the man of your dreams was both an honour and a blessing. Thank you for filling our hearts with love :)

Wishes for endless happiness always,
    Mayte and the Kukua Wedding Team
  • Aisha

Aisha · Married on 01/19/2019

This place is a Dreamland

This place and the decorators (Bego & Mayte) are fairy godmothers. I love them so. They service and quality were above perfect. I can't wait for our renewal.

Sent on 01/31/2019
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 25
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 26
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 27
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 28
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 29
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/30/2018

Great , don’t regret a thing!

Magical venue ! Everything came out perfect !

Sent on 12/10/2018

Jaime · Married on 06/29/2018

If I could give it more stars I would! Choosing Kukua restaurant was the best decision we ever made for our wedding! Bego and her team were beyond amazing and made my day so seemless and made us feel at home and comfortable. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone! Their food was the best food we've had and have been craving it ever since! Delicious!!
    If you are looking for a stress free, amazing/professional staff, a destination wedding 10 times better than you could of ever imagined, then you HAVE to do it here!
    Bego and team will not disappoint. It's the little things that count and Bego makes sure you get everything and more.
    We will definitely be coming back for a visit and to eat their amazing food again!
    Thank you Bego for making our wedding the best day of our lives! Xoxo

Sent on 07/13/2018
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 35
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 36
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 37

Tisa · Married on 05/07/2018

Bego! Bego! Bego!! She is everything you need! She took my ideas and made them come to life! She added her spin on things along with my ideas and it became the wedding of my dreams! Bego was responsive from day one, but once it got closer to my wedding day, the responsiveness was turned up a notch and she became my best friend! Planning for a wedding in the Dominican Republic from the US could get stressful, but I had NO WORRIES working with Bego. Some of my ideas were things she had never done or things that she did not have, but with pictures from me, she made it happen!!! We selected dinner menu 1, and the food was amazing!! It's been a month and my guests are still talking about the food, especially the fish. The service during the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception was amazing. Her staff is unmatched. The value of what you get for your money is worth every penny! If you are looking to have a destination wedding, think about an off resort location and give Kukua a look. Having a customized wedding to your liking is worth the money you will pay for the wedding of your dreams! I do not regret anything! I had an amazing wedding that my husband and I and our guests are still talking about!! I feel like this review isn't doing my experience with Bego and Kukua any justice but to sum things up, I DO NOT REGRET MY CHOICE! BEGO AND HER TEAM ARE AMAZING! I wish I could give more than 5 stars! I loved every moment! It was a magical experience that I wish I could do over. Don't be afraid to have a wedding off resort, especially if you choose Kukua. You cannot go wrong with that choice!

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 38
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 39
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 40
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 41
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 42
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 43

Jessika · Married on 02/21/2018

WOW - We felt like we were at a celebrity's wedding, but never could have dreamed that it was OURS! For such a reasonable price (FAR cheaper than any in the US), we were given incredible service, great attention to detail, beautiful decor, amazing food, a picturesque location, and overall a wedding we will gloat about the rest of our lives.

To be honest, it made me nervous planning this wedding. I tell everyone that this whole day was planned via email, and I can't believe Bego translated those 100's of exchanges into such a masterpiece! She made me feel like the only bride in the world, and poured her heart and soul into every detail. She literally brought our dreams to life, and we will be forever grateful to her and her team. Everyone was so attentive and gracious, and they made us feel like we were their only wedding of the year :)

We had our rehearsal dinner at Huracan Cafe, and I am SO pleased that we chose to have our actual ceremony at Kukua vs. Huracan Cafe. Huracan was nice, but Kukua seemed to have been more detailed oriented and customized to US.

You will not regret working with Bego! Thank you again for everything.

Jess

Sent on 02/28/2018

Katie · Married on 02/07/2018

My amazing experience as a Kukua bride starts with a story....
    Like every other newly engaged bride to be, I had no idea where to begin planning my destination wedding. I always had an image for a beach wedding but that was all I had in mind at the time. After finally narrowing down the destination, we decided on Punta Cana, for the obvious reasons; picturesque white sand beach and turquoise ocean but Punta Cana was also somewhere we have not been before and did not really know what to expect. Being the people pleaser that I am, I spent endless hours searching for a venue that would really stand out from the rest and not just "settle" on something. I narrowed my option to one resort which the wedding packages were fair but did not exactly go above expectations, it mostly just settled for what I would expect. Quickly after joining a Facebook group, I learnt about the off-resort venue option for a wedding, Kukua. One look at the website and I knew right there that I found my venue. It brought back joy and excitement to planning my wedding. My first interaction with Bego was perfect, she was prompt, professional and just an overall gem. Bego has so much creativity and she puts a lot of detail in the decorations. This is not something you can find with a resort wedding. Every wedding at Kukua is personalized, there are no packages to pick from but that does not make budgeting impossible as you are provided with a budget planner for each individual cost and no surprise charges. I loved every minute planning my wedding with Bego from the emails to the Skype chats, it was a memorable experience. When finally my big day arrived, it was bitter-sweet as I loved every moment of my wedding day and it was even more beautiful than I imagined but it was hard for it to be over. Our families and friends were amazed by Kukua from details of the decorations, the delicious food and the hard working staff. We will have the memories of our Kukua wedding to cherish forever.

Sent on 02/15/2018
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 44
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 45

Andrea · Married on 12/29/2017

We just had our dream wedding at Kukua yesterday. It was absolutely the best day of our lives. I cannot describe in words how amazing Bego is, but to sum her up - she is an absolute wedding BOSS. This woman is a pure perfectionist and will put her heart and soul into creating the wedding of your dreams. She cares so much about her brides, and choosing Kukua was undoubtedly the best decision we could have made. Ceremony, reception, dinner and dancing were all perfect. My guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I started this process wondering how a stranger will organize my wedding, but after last night I realize it was really my friend Bego planning it all along :) Thank you Bego and Toni for everything

Sent on 01/30/2018
  • F

Felicia · Married on 12/07/2017

Pictures and words can’t even describe how unreal our day was!

We had our wedding at Kukua on December 7th 2017. This was literally the most beautiful and beyond best day of our lives! We would like to thank Bego you are Wonder Woman such a gem !!! and Toni + Kukua staff you truly made our dreams come true xoxo !
    We will be back!!

I couldn’t imagine how beautiful the venue/food/decor was until I walked in! I literally started crying with joy.

Bego you made both Corey and I stress free and made our dreams come true with this romantic chic/rustic wedding ! You made my life so easy and your we’re a joy to work with.

Our family’s and friends still can’t stop talking about how amazing the food/decor was and of-course how much fun they had.

We will cherish and remember this day always . Still dreaming !

Thank you so much we love you!!!!
    The Eislers xoxo

Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 53
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 54
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 55

Ashley · Married on 11/09/2017

One word to describe Bego, is amazing. She was so easy to talk to and plan our wedding. She made all of our dreams come to life. I received so many compliments and everyone was so impressed. Bego was easiest person to work with and I am so glad we made the decision to change our venue to Kukua. The food, drinks and decor were simply amazing. It was everything we hoped for and more.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Luisa · Married on 10/28/2017

: OMGGGGGGGGGG
    KUKUA has been and will always be a blessing sent from God! We had zero knowledge about wedding planning. All we knew was that we had a date and wanted to marry the shit out of each other. Originally, we planned our wedding to take place at Riu Palace Punta Cana, but God put the lovely sister bride Michelle Ramos in my way (we have never met in person). This beautiful soul was an angel throughout the whole wedding planning. She even shared the most personal details of her own wedding with me to help me out. THANK YOU MICHELLE!!!
    I remember that very first phone call with the AMAZING BEGO! We clicked right away! Something in my guts made me feel like I knew her for years and years. I will need a whole book to write about Bego and that will still not be enough. We booked Kukua in February 2016 and boy did I have questions for Bego after that! So so so many questions due to my lack of knowledge about Wedding planning. 20 MONTHS away and you would think she would get sick and tired of my texts. NO ONCE did she make me feel like I was bothering too much too early. She took care of us from day ONE without hesitation. Her response timing: AMAZING!!! She is Super patient, flexible ( I don’t know how many times I had to reschedule our skype meetings) and willing to go far and beyond to make our dream wedding a reality. Her aura transmits such positive energy that I got a trusting feeling even before I met her in person. You can just tell she loves and enjoys doing what she does by how involved she gets with her brides and grooms. She has this hard-to-explain way of making every bride and groom feel unique and the way that she personalizes everything is PHENOMENAL.
    We lived our dream wedding and will forever keep those beautiful memories alive in our hearts thanks to the amazing phenomenal and loving Bego!
    Kukua is the place to make dreams come true!❤️❤️
    Photos by Aniko Zemanko and Levi from Weddingroll Cinematography & photography

Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 64
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 65
  • Y

yokasta · Married on 10/07/2017

I don’t even know where to begin with my review on Kukua !!!! My wedding was 10/7/2017. BEGO IS A WEDDING FAIRY GODMOTHER !! She has the most beautiful soul and will work to make your day the most magical day ever . She pours her heart and soul into your day. Our first Skype I could tell I found a gem ! She gets so excited about the little details . You are all in the absolute best hands when choosing this venue! Her and her staff are all equally amazing , her husband is such a kind man as well . The in house dj and MC were amazing , and most importantly coming from NJ the food and drinks were absolutely amazinnggggggfgg ! The passion fruit mojito was allllll anyone could talk about for weeks after the wedding . I am so glad I picked them for my big day !

Sent on 01/04/2018
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 73
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 74
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 75

Larissa · Married on 08/22/2017

I just have to thank Bego for all the patience he had with me, for all the affection and love I saw in every detail of the decor. Everything I imagined was captured by her in a very special way. The care she took with my family who were far away, I will be eternally grateful to Bego for making my dream more than special. And as I've read in several reviews: Bego really is a fairy godmother!
    Thank you very much to the whole Kukua team.

Sent on 09/05/2017
  • Damiana

Damiana · Married on 08/19/2017

Where do I begin.... we originally planned for our wedding to be at a resort but something in my gut was telling me that I was making a bad decision. Thankfully some friends who had recently been married in the DR suggested I join a FB destination brides group. This group saved our wedding. I discovered Kukua. Granted there were other venues that also looked beautiful but there was something about Kukua that immediately caught my eye. The resort personnel were difficult to contact and very unresponsive when I had planning questions not to mention the prices were just ridiculous. Bego was a dream to work with. She was immediately responsive and put all my worries at ease. She was always available and replied in a timely manner to my questions. She needed little direction to capture my vision and really did an amazing job decorating the space. The food was exquisite, our guests were so happy and she and her husband made it their priority to tend to me and my groom on the day of our wedding. They ensured that our glasses were never empty and that we had everything we needed before we even asked. I can't even put into words how grateful I am to them to have made our dream day a reality. Best decision ever to take our wedding off resort.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Gaby · Married on 08/18/2017

My husband and I decided to get married in the Dominican Republic and after seeing several hotels in the area of Punta Cana-Bávaro and La Romana, we found very positive reviews of Kukua in online forums. I have No words to describe how amazing Bego and her team were at Kukua to give life to our wedding! We had a lot of ideas and taking into account how multicultural our audience was (Venezuelan/Latin and American) Bego understood our needs from the first day we met. The decor was perfect! Every detail, every corner of the house was decorated with a different ambience and our guests did not stop telling us how beautiful the venue was. Our menu had quite variety and we had the opportunity to choose two proteins, salads and give a Venezuelan touch to our appetizers as well as install a station of Arepas at the end of the night. The food, our cake and the desserts in general were of great quality. Something very important is the attention of Bego's Staff. My husband, our bridal party and I felt like we were at home. Kukua's team is 100% customer oriented, they understand deeply the needs of the bride and groom, are cordial, are efficient, fast and helped us with everything! Bego also helped us celebrate our Catholic oceanfront wedding in La Palapa with the help of a parish priest that spoke both English and Spanish. I really liked the vendors recommended by Bego and some of them used them to be part of the event such as the DJ, our guitar player and our fire dancers. Bego: we are going to thank you forever your attentions and for making our day and celebration so special and unforgettable! The most important thing about your wedding is to select a team of people you trust fully to delegate the most important day of your life and have things in best hands, no doubt Bego was that person! Miles de Gracias por todo! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Vanessa · Married on 08/10/2017

Kukua is truly the BEST place to get married! Originally I was getting married on a resort but I had 2nd thoughts after reading negative reviews from past resort brides. I joined a Facebook destination brides group and came across Kukua. I instantly fell in love when I saw the pictures of the venue. The fact that I could have a Catholic Ceremony in the Palapa (palm roof with full draping) was the perfect solution to be secluded and still on the beach with a beautiful ocean view. I knew Kukua was the place I wanted to get married. I cancelled my wedding at the resort and booked with Kukua. It was the best decision ever!
    Bego is amazing and a dream to work with! She was very responsive to my questions. Bego handled everything and eased my stress throughout the wedding planning process. I was a very laid back bride because I knew Bego took great care and passion into planning weddings. Her work clearly shows it! I never had any worries or doubts. She needed little direction from me. I gave Bego my colors and a few pictures as ideas for my vision. She exceeded my expectations and created the wedding of my dreams. It was beyond beautiful! The food, drinks and dessert were delicious. The DJ and MC kept my guests and I dancing all night. Bego and her staff at Kukua did an outstanding job and my guests still talk about my wedding until this day. They said it was the best wedding ever!
    On a separate note, I want to mention how truly special Bego is. On the day of my wedding, my niece was really ill and had to be rushed to the hospital. Bego had her husband Tony take my sister and niece to hospital because she didn’t know how long the ambulance would be. Tony stayed with my sister and niece the whole entire time at the hospital and kept my family and I updated on my niece’s condition. Bego took great care of my family and I on this special day that full of so many different emotions. We are forever grateful for Bego, Tony and the Kukua staff.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Julie · Married on 08/09/2017

Okay.. where do I begin!!! Kukua Beach Club is the place to get married!! I can't emphasize enough how professional and amazing Bego is. Before I went I simply read all the good things about her; but after dealing with her and having my wedding she truly is an amazing woman!. She brings your vision to life. So easy to work with - I only had one Skype convo with her and sent a couple handful of pictures and VOILA ~ she made it happen.The atmosphere, the detail to every aspect of the day, the food.... wow. My guests were blown away. So often I've been hearing 'that was the best wedding ever' The only complaint I had was that it was too short and didn't last long enough lol. People wanted more! From the bottom of heart we had an incredible day that was filled with beautiful memories. I want to do it again. Definitely A+++ (ps. Bego's team is outstanding!!! can't forget to mention all those who had a helping hand to make this happen!)

Sent on 08/28/2017

Stephanie · Married on 08/04/2017

Kukua is truly MAGICAL! Getting married at Kukua was the best decision I ever made! Bego and her wonderful staff pulled off the wedding of my dreams. The venue (scenery), food, staff/service, and bridal suite are perfection. The venue is beyond beautiful and the food is delicious! The staff was super attentive and went above and beyond to make it an amazing experience. The bridal suite is incredible and will create the best “getting ready” pictures ever. My guests are still talking about my wedding months later. Planning a destination wedding can be extremely stressful but Bego made it a smooth process and took care of everything! She was extremely responsive and answered all of my questions in a timely manner. I would recommend Kukua to any bride looking to get married in Punta Cana.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Anna · Married on 07/31/2017

I cannot say enough amazing things about Kukua and Bego. We met with Bego on 7/30, the day before our wedding. I was so nervous leaving it until the last moment, but there was no other day we could go! Bego will not have you do your tasting during someone else’s wedding, which I LOVE, so on your wedding day, you have her 100% attention!!! When we arrived for the tasting, I felt like I’ve known her my whole life.

We were welcomed with champagne and tried all sorts of goodies. Kukua itself is GORGEOUS. The pictures don’t even do it justice. It’s a dream come true. At our tasting, we tried all the appetizers, menu 1 for the main course, along with the desserts, and 2 drinks: champagne with apples and passion fruit mojito.

For our wedding meal, we chose the following:
    Cocktail hour apps: vegetable curry wraps, yucca balls (stuffed with cream cheese and peppers), and garlic shrimp.
    Starters: chicken caesar salad with croquetas. And HOLY CANOLE. Those croquetas are something to dream about at night.
    Main course: We went with menu 1 which did not disappoint. Marinated chicken with grouper. AMAZING. I don’t even like fish and it was phenomenal. The chicken was sooooooo good too.
    I don’t think I tried anything at all that I didn’t like.

The wedding day itself was PERFECTION. When I walked downstairs and saw everything I started bawling. Bego was trying to calm me down and she said “honey, you haven’t even seen the aisle yet, just wait. THEN you will be crying.” And boy was she right. Absolute perfection. You can’t even dream things up the way Bego executes them. She is an absolutely ANGEL. I can’t believe I ever considered getting married on resort.

One word overall: PHENOMENAL.

Sent on 09/28/2017
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 76
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 77
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 78
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 79
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 80

Anita · Married on 06/14/2017

We had our wedding at Kukua on June 14th 2017 and I can honestly say it was the BEST DAY of our lives. Bego and Toni along with the whole Kukua team went above and beyond to make sure that everything was just the way we wanted it. I could not have imagined just how beautiful the venue would be until I saw it (and pictures do not do it justice). Bego is truly the most wonderful person to work with, she made sure my vision for the wedding came to life and it was even more than I imagined it would be. The food was amazing!! All of our guests enjoyed every course and they still rave about it. The day was filled with so many wonderful memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!! We cannot thank them enough for making our dream wedding a reality. Besos xoxo

Sent on 11/20/2017
    Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant 90
  • Jeff

Jeff Dunton · Married on 05/27/2017

More than words !

I am so fortunate to have found the best Wedding Venue in Punta Cana !
    My wedding was on May 27th, 2017 and amazing is just an understatement !
    I really took the time to write this review to express the gratitude I have for Kukua as a whole. Throughout the entire planning process, Bego (Director, your righthand, lefthand, heart, soul, ETC) whom is the wedding corridinator was a blessing from heaven.

She pays so much attention to detail which was much needed. Since I am living in Los Angeles and really needed her to facilitate a lot of the planning. She had to deal with me (groomzilla) and she took our vision of the wedding to another planet. NOT once did she overpower nor made it how she wanted BUT always wanted my input, every single step of the way.

Moreover, she was very trustworthy since I had to wire money for the event. Bego was on top of her communication skills, excellent !

Kukua's staff provided above exceptional service and went above and beyond my expectations. They were so attentive and provided the best service anyone can ask for. An eclectic mix of Dominicans and Venezuelans that will surpass any American's service and serving etiquette for both serving for fine dining.

The food quality is really important to both my family and my guests. You will eat nothing but the best at Kukua.

The location is gorgeous-- we used the entire venue and had a progressive event with the ceremony on the first floor, cocktail hour on the second floor, reception on the third floor and after party back on the first floor. People loved moving through the property and admiring the beautiful light fixures.

Our guests were treuly impressed because they had such a good time and till this day, are still telling us how amazing the event was. I still can't beleive nothing went wrong since I tend to lean more on the negative side. 0 REGRETS !

Sent on 11/03/2018