Kristyn Villars Reviews

Kristyn Villars 5
Kristyn Villars 6
Kristyn Villars 7

Jill · Married on 04/28/2018

Sweet and creative, you couldn't ask for a better person to photograph your wedding! Kristyn was prompt and easy to work with. She made things fun and relaxed. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing wedding photographer!

Ann Kristine · Married on 03/31/2018

Kristyn was amazing to work with! She was able to capture sweet candid photos between my husband and I, as well as the energy and fun my guests had at our wedding. My husband is a bit camera shy, but she really made him feel comfortable... as it definitely showed in her photos. Her personality and work ethic are top notch! She’s quick, accommodating and fast to respond. We can’t wait to work with her again in the future.

Kristyn Villars 8
    Kristyn Villars 9

Natalie · Married on 03/10/2018

Kristyn was absolutely lovely to work with! We hired her for our wedding in March, and we had to make a lot of last minute changes to account for rain. She was very flexible with the situation and was very sweet and professional the whole day. She really worked with us to get the most out of our photo budget. I got the photos back and I love them! She captured such perfect moments in a beautiful way and I am happy that these are what we will have to cherish the memories of our wedding.

Kristyn Villars 10
    Kristyn Villars 11
    Kristyn Villars 12
    Kristyn Villars 13
    Kristyn Villars 14

Alexis · Married on 10/14/2017

I can't say enough amazing things about Kristyn!!! From my first conversation with Kristyn, I knew that she would be our photographer. It was so important to my Husband and me to feel comfortable with our photographer, and I felt right at home with Kristyn from the beginning. We planned our SLO wedding from the Bay Area, so the first time we met Kristyn face to face was at our engagement photo shoot. She worked with our schedule to accommodate our traveling and was great at communicating, especially when I double booked myself for our first date and had to re-schedule. Our engagement shoot ended up being a lot of fun, which I was not expecting, and the pictures were awesome! I couldn't wait to work with Kristyn at our Wedding. Kristyn provided me with so much guidance throughout our Wedding Day, due to her experience both as a photographer and a recent Bride. While my Wedding Coordinator was making sure everything was running smoothly behind the scenes, Kristyn was there to make sure I was always in the right place at the right time. At our Wedding, we didn't want to spend too much time taking photos, because we really wanted to enjoy our time with our guests, and we both felt like we achieved this on the Wedding Day. We took photos with our family and wedding party after the Ceremony, still having time to make it to Cocktail hour, and then snuck away during dinner to have a sunset photo shoot. Kristyn was able to pack so many photos into such short periods- I couldn't believe how many beautiful pictures we ended up with! She listened to us and made sure that we had the Wedding that we envisioned, while also making sure that she could capture all the memories that we would want to look back on. We can't recommend Kristyn enough!

Kristyn Villars 15
    Kristyn Villars 20
    Kristyn Villars 21
    Kristyn Villars 22

Katie · Married on 10/07/2017

Kristyn was truly amazing and did such an amazing job on my wedding in October 2017. My husband and I got married at Oyster Ridge in Santa Margarita. Kristyn captured our day perfectly. She listened closely to me and made sure she was understanding all I wanted captured thru out the day. She is such a nice person and makes you feel very comfortable. She worked so well with our videographer. She is very organized and makes the process very easy. Thank you Kristyn Villars!!!

Kristyn Villars 23
    Kristyn Villars 29
    Kristyn Villars 30
    Kristyn Villars 31

Vanessa · Married on 09/23/2017

We are very lucky to have found Kristyn Villars in our search for a wedding photographer. We loved the work displayed on her website, and from our very first phone meeting I was sure we made the right decision. She is friendly, and fun, and knew all of the important questions to ask — including some that would have never occurred to me. We did not hire a wedding planner, but Kristyn’s Wedding Day Questionnaire really helped me to figure out a time-line for the big day. I am also immensely grateful that Kristyn was always available to me by phone or email anytime I had a question. Even if that question wasn’t at all related to photography. Unfortunately, we couldn’t fit an engagement session into our budget, but Kristyn was kind enough to drive out to the wedding site months before to meet with us in person and get a feel for the ranch property where the wedding took place. She was excited and full of ideas right away and the experience really put us at ease.

On wedding day, we put our trust in Kristyn and did our best to follow her every instruction and suggestion. She went above and beyond by making a couple of shy weirdos feel comfortable in front of a camera, and as though we had a good friend by our side the entire day. She had great patience with us, and made sure we didn’t forget to live in the moment, on what can be a very stressful and busy day. We loved her enthusiasm for the photos she was taking, and appreciated whenever she would show us her favorite ones throughout the afternoon. And she was absolutely on top of everything! Even making sure to fill my wine glass at one point during dinner… Thank you Kristyn! Our photos are magical, and even better than we had expected. Because we hired such a talented photographer our emotions and love come through in every picture, as does Kristyn Villar’s for the work she does.

ariana · Married on 09/09/2017

Kristyn was a pleasure to work with, she was so sweet, talented, and down to earth. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and some how made us look so good! We love all the pictures she took that day and love looking though them. We are so glad and thankful she was our photographer!

Kristyn Villars 32
    Kristyn Villars 33
    Kristyn Villars 34
    Kristyn Villars 35

Amy · Married on 07/28/2017

I love Kristyn and her team. From the moment we met her we knew she had to shoot our wedding. She made Dan and I feel so comfortable throughout the whole process and especially on our wedding day! She was super organized and her communication was fantastic. If you are looking for an amazing photographer to capture your wedding Kristyn is it!

Kellee · Married on 06/17/2017

Kristyn was amazing! From the day I contacted her just to get a quote. After our first meeting we knew she was the one for our wedding. She is very kind and sweet. Our families are very big and I thought she was going to have trouble trying to get heard but she put her foot down and got all of our pictures done in such a timely manner. I will recommend her to anyone that needs a photographer. I can't wait for her to take more picture for my family. We love you Kristyn.

Rebecca · Married on 05/20/2017

Kristyn was the absolute perfect wedding photographer! From day one she was very accommodating, listened to what we were looking for, and was very open with what she could offer. In the months leading up to the wedding she was very responsive and had great suggestions for what types of pictures we could do at our venue and helped with the overall day-of schedule. I loved that she took time to get to know us before the wedding day - it made us super comfortable the day-of and you can really see it in the pictures. Besides getting gorgeous pictures she went above and beyond on our wedding day and made sure that we were on schedule and in the right places at the right times. I told her multiple times that day how I felt like she was my new best friend and now that the wedding is over and Thomas and I are married we truly consider Kristyn a really good friend. I am so happy we chose Kristyn as our wedding photographer, our day was absolutely perfect and we have her to thank!

Rachel · Married on 11/12/2016

Every bride and groom want to remember their engagement and wedding forever. And in reality, it is over in a flash, and you're lucky if you even got a few bites of your fancy dinner and a quick "hello and thank you" to each of your guests! This is why it is so important to find a wedding photographer that will capture all of those memories in beautiful photographs.

This is why Kristyn is so special... she took the time to really get to know us, find out how we fell in love, learn about how we interact and what makes us smile. She showed such genuine interest in our love story before even getting out her camera, and it helped make us feel so comfortable that by the time she started snapping photos of us, it felt natural. In the end, she presented us with photographs that we will treasure forever. She is so talented!

One of the best moments post-wedding has been going through our wedding photos and reliving that day together. It's so fun to get to see all of the little details we missed while in that crazy fog of "Just Married" bliss!

Kristyn is a joy to work with, a great listener, and she has a passion for what she does. We truly can't recommend her enough. We feel so blessed to have had her along for our wedding journey, and now we have a lifelong friend! :)

Michelle · Married on 10/29/2016

I honestly cannot rave enough about Kristyn. From the moment we first reached out to her she was an absolute dream to work with.

Kristyn met with us for an initial consultation and was genuinely interested in our story. She asked us questions on our style as a couple, our wedding style and on our vision for how we wanted our day to be captured. With all of her thoughtful questions and stunning examples we knew immediately we wanted her to photograph our wedding. The day of was a bit chaotic but Kristyn handled it gracefully and kindly kept us on schedule (thank you Kristyn!).

The pictures turned incredibly beautiful and really portrayed the atmosphere of love and happiness we felt throughout the day. Kristyn masterfully captured memories that will always cherish; she is a true artist.

D · Married on 10/01/2016

We are thrilled that we chose Kristyn to capture our special day! From the moment we met her, it felt like she was an old friend. She was genuinely interested in getting to know our story as a couple, as well as our vision for the day. We could not be more in love with our wedding photos! We even got comments from family and friends such as, “Wow, I think these are the best wedding photos I’ve ever seen!” Can’t top that! Also, I have to mention that she checked in with us in the days leading up to the wedding, and also the night before, which definitely helped calm my (bride’s) nerves! She is extremely responsive via both email and phone. Her fun personality and sense of humor totally put us at ease on the big day - we never felt like we were having to pose awkwardly. She knows just what to say to get you to look natural, which was really important to us. She also did a great job of managing our timeline on the day so that we didn’t miss out on anything and still had time to spend with guests. We couldn’t recommend her more highly! Thank you Kristyn!

Suellen · Married on 09/24/2016

Kristyn and her staff are great! Easy to work with and helpful with ideas and if you have questions, she has the answers!

We would definitely recommend Kristyn!!

Mariah · Married on 05/28/2016

Kristyn did such an amazing job at capturing every detail, emotion and moment of our wedding. She went above and beyond for us, and I'm extremely thankful we have such amazing photos to look back on for the rest of our lives!

Sabrina · Married on 04/09/2016

Kristyn took a vested interest in our wedding celebration & love story which showed in her photos. She captured everything on my wish list plus things I had forgotten. She was always pleasant, communicative and flexible even when we were in the craze that is The Moment. Her personal attention to capture someone else's big day is a wonderful attribute & was throughly appreciated. I highly recommend her for future brides or special party hosts.

Working with Kristyn was a breeze. Her prices were comparable to others in the area, but she was more willing to work with us--we planning everything from New York. We set everything up via email and on the phone and my fiancee and and I met up with Kristyn a few days before the wedding to iron out the final details and again the day before the wedding to run through the day-of events, from the schedule to the best places for photos. She had really great input, and was a lot of fun to work with. Even better, the photos turned out amazing! Definitely a wonderful experience, we'd highly recommend her!

Deanna · Married on 06/28/2014

Kristyn did a beautiful job with our wedding photos and now we have photos to cherish for years to come. Not only that she was able to make us feel comfortable for all the photo shoots she's done. We had her do our engagement photos, family photos, and now she will be doing our maternity photos. I can't say enough great things about her. She's very flexible with dates, great with dogs in the photos, and she just makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Nothing feels too posed or unnatural. She's able to capture the joy you're feeling and it comes across beautifully in photographs. She's going to be our photographer for life!

Ashley · Married on 08/03/2013

We have beautiful pictures to remember the most treasured moments of our wedding day thanks to Kristyn!

Lucas · Married on 07/16/2016

Put simply, Kristyn is an awesome wedding photographer! Not only is she extremely talented and purposeful with her photographs, her personality happened to be the perfect compliment to the whole event. Unbeknown to me at the time, the photographer is one of the most frequent people with whom you will communicate on your wedding day. And admist the crazy series of events that can happen on that day, you want someone nearby who is just as solid as a rock. That person is Kristyn! She knows what needs to happen at particular moments in order to best capture your memories, and she makes it happen. Not once did I begin to worry about the photography during that day. Such a relief. We also had such a difficult time deciding which photos we would frame and absolutely loved showing them to our families.