King of Hearts Entertainment Reviews

74 | Boston, MA

74 Reviews for King of Hearts Entertainment

• James

James Bowes · Married on 08/09/2020

Fantastic! Outrageous! Over the Top!

Mark and his band "The King of Hearts" were fantastic!!

We had to re-plan and re-schedule our way through the Covid-19 year and as painful as that was, Mark guided us with the fairness of the true gentleman that he is.

For those of you planning a wedding and trying to save money by going with a DJ ~ DON'T!!!

They learned "Sledge Hammer" for the groom and killed it... The woman vocalist enchanted my wife and I with Etta James, "At Last" and then they got dance party started, rocking us with "Up Town Funk!"

We started this journey with 200 guests at the Hyport Club and ended it with just under 50 in our back yard. My wife and I were scared it wouldn't match our other kids weddings but with their help the Guests literally danced for 4 solid hours!!

Quite simply, "The King of Hearts" made my daughter's wedding great!

Sent on 09/08/2020

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks so much for leaving us this review. It's nice to see that my efforts did not go unnoticed and that together we were able to pull off any amazing wedding for your daughter that will not soon be forgotten!
    You and Betsy were great hosts and the love that filled your home that night was felt by all. Hope you and the family are well and that the newlyweds have enjoyed these first couple months of marriage.

All the best,

Alyssa Baldassarre · Married on 07/19/2020

The BEST wedding band EVER

What can I say... King of Hearts is THE BEST WEDDING BAND EVER. I might be biased, because they recently played at my July wedding, but every single one of our guests said the same thing so I know it's not just me ;). I'll admit, we had really high expectations for our wedding band- and they exceeded every single one. I recently got married, and was a "COVID bride", which presented a whole set of unexpected challenges for me, but thankfully, KOH did nothing but help put my mind at ease throughout the craziness of pulling off a wedding during a pandemic (and following all state guidelines to boot!)
    ***COVID BRIDES/GROOMS: KOH did a phenomenal job being pandemic-safe. If they weren't in the middle of a performance they always had their masks on. ***
    Mark was great to communicate with from first contact through the very end of the wedding itself, and helped me navigate adjustments due to COVID, special requests I had, and even created a custom cut of the song I walked down the aisle to (I asked for a specific length of time and a specific version of my song)!
    When it came down to the music/ energy the band brought, they seriously nailed it. They sound amazing together, have great song options, and read the room perfectly when it came to energizing the room/ chilling things out. We loved how much they felt like a natural extension of the party and the positive/ fun vibes they brought to the room.
    KOH was easily one of the best decisions we made throughout the entire wedding -vendor-selection process and I wish I had another near-future event to hire them for. I would in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/09/2020

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you so much for having us as a part of you and Aaron's special day. If you ask me your wedding came at the perfect time. In a time when the world has just been a mess, your family and friends had a chance to come together, spend time with each other, celebrate your marriage and PARTY!!!!

We enjoy playing music and making people happy so it worked on both ends. You were a pleasure to work with along with the venue and the rest of your vendor team and we wish you and yours all the best in life, love, health and safety.

Congrats again,
    -Mark (KOH Entertainment)
  • Thomas

Thomas Sangiacomo · Married on 07/11/2020

The Perfect Choice

Planning a wedding in 2020 was truly an exercise in terror. Constantly shifting guidelines as to the number of guests allowed, states placed on quarantine lists, threats of fines scaring off vendors, family from out of state afraid to travel, and even bans on live music and dancing nearly sent my daughter, a "Covid bride"as she called herself, over the edge. The one constant in all of it, the one thing I never had to worry about, was Mark and the "King of Hearts" band. We went from a large hall with 175 guests that balked when the state restricted it to 50, then backed out completely when we insisted on live music. The second venue was all in until three weeks before the wedding date, when they too decided that live music might lead to dancing. Despite assurances that we would test all guests, maintain social distancing and wear masks, they suggested that instead we play parlor games and have a trivia contest. Ridiculous. Option number three: we erected a tent in my yard, trailered in bathrooms, a generator, set up the caterer in my garage and it was a huge success. Mark stuck with me through every step, never hesitating once when the proposed venues made him travel farther, the hall shrank to a tent, and we added on cocktail hour music and ceremony music at the last minute. He responded quickly to every email, and was an absolute pleasure to correspond with. He is, in addition to being an extraordinarily pleasant young man, a consummate performer with charm, talent and stage presence in abundance. The big advantage to dealing with KOH is you are dealing directly with Mark. There is no management group acting as a middle man and piecing together bands from a portfolio of musicians. My other daughter was married last year and KOH was not available. We went through a management group and the band that showed up on her wedding day did not have one member who was on their audition video. This is usually the case with most bands and Mark did inform us that his other musicians change out as their contracts expire and their schedules change. He draws from his Berklee School of Music contacts, a talented pool of musicians. But talented as they are, the lead vocals make or break your band and Mark and his female lead were simply outstanding. From Bruno Mars to Frank Sinatra, from Norah Jones to Whitney Houston they seamlessly morphed from one style to the next and kept the party going, causing one guest to remark that they were chameleons, bending their voices to fit the genre. Rap to rock, R&B to standards, folk to funk, they do it all and do it well. Mark charmed the crowd with his personality and wowed them with his vocals. At one point, a testament to how well KOH was received, he himself remarked that it seemed like there were a lot more than 50 guests attending, the dance floor was so busy.
    And another thing: don't waste your time looking for local bands or insisting on a band out of New York City. Boston is where it's at when it comes to wedding bands. With Berklee and NE Conservatory in town, the talent pool is astounding and the value is unbeatable. KOH is consistently rated as one of the best and for good reason. Book them now, because when the coronavirus becomes a distant memory, Mark and KOH will be in demand. Trust me, this kid is going places. Have him play your wedding so some day you can tell your kids "I knew him when...."

Sent on 11/15/2020

King of Hearts Entertainment's reply:

Hi Tom, What a crazy year it's been and these last few months leading up to Jessica and Michael's wedding were certainly challenging, but we joined forces and were able to win with the cards we were dealt. Thank you for your resilience and compassion along the way and for creating an atmosphere of love that was felt by all that night. Give my best to Terry and we hope to see you again some time soon. -Mark

Nick Riccio · Married on 09/28/2019

Hire them!

Where do we even start!? If you're sitting there looking at your wedding budget, wondering if booking KOH is worth the investment, DO IT. My husband and I fell in love with King Of Hearts from the first moment we heard them. Mark’s energy is absolutely captivating and every member of the band is so down to earth and talented. Mark dealt with (what seemed like millions) of emails back and forth with questions and was always super responsive and helpful. He even took the time to meet with us prior (we were local) and not only review the questions we had about the wedding day, but simply get to know us as people. Our wedding day was absolutely magical. And while almost every bride in the world can say “It was the best day of my life everything was perfect.” I’m here to tell you that King Of Hearts truly made our wedding complete. Their vocals speak for themselves, they know exactly how to play to the crowd, and best of all they are all GREAT people. My nana didn't get off the dance floor all night- and even now I have people calling me up asking the name of the band and saying it was the best wedding band they've ever heard! And lastly, they care about you, your wedding and your guests, and that truly makes all the difference. Thank you KOH!!! XO Sam & Nick

Sent on 10/14/2019

Hey Sam and Nick,
    We are very lucky to have been able to work with such a nice couple as you guys and we are very happy to see just how impactful our contribution to your big day was. Making your wedding day so special and so memorable was our pleasure and we enjoyed it just as much as you and your guests! Hope Santorini was magical and that you are enjoying these first couple of weeks as newlyweds!
    Warmly,
  • Alli

Alli · Married on 09/21/2019

Just do yourself a favor and hire them

I do not have enough good things to say about Mark and the entire KOH band. We found KOH on YouTube and booked them within an hour. In one of the prior reviews someone wrote "I wish I could get divorced and married all over again, just to have KOH play at my wedding again" and that had us SOLD! Mark was so great to work with - he was responsive, offered great insight, and accommodated everything we wanted (even learning two new songs within 10 days of the wedding)! Our wedding guests have not stopped talking about KOH saying it was the best time they've ever had at a wedding. The dance floor was packed from the second they started playing to the second it ended. I'm so thankful we had them at our wedding and can't imagine having anyone else! Thanks Mark and KOH band!!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Hey Alli,
    They level of energy you and your guests gave us during your wedding reception was legendary and we were happy to give it right back to you! Hope you and Jim enjoyed your honeymoon and are settling nicely into being newlyweds!
    All the best from all us here at KOH!
  • Christa

Christa · Married on 09/14/2019

Hire them now!

Mark & King of Hearts band were amazing!! They truly made our wedding. Hiring the perfect band was super important to us. Mark was so easy to work with - prompt & professional. The band knocked it out of the park! They played some special songs just for us and even added an a few extras to make it even better. Our guests were on the dance floor all night. I would 100% recommend them to anyone looking for a band. We can't thank them enough!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Christa,
    From top to bottom your wedding day was absolutely beautiful and we had a great time playing for you all. Thank you for having us and thank you for your kind words. It was all truly our pleasure!
    All the best you both,

Leigh · Married on 09/07/2019

Best wedding band ever!

From the beginning of my wedding planning process, the one vendor/aspect of the wedding I cared about the most, was my band. Working with Mark from the very beginning was an absolute dream. He was so thoughtful in learning all three of our special dance songs and also took on the job of learning some Springsteen songs to get our guests from NJ really going on the dance floor towards the end of the night. Our entire wedding night was filled with dancing and singing and it's all because of King of Hearts- they played the perfect mix of songs on the radio today and classics to appeal to the whole crowd. It's been a few weeks since our wedding and our guests keep telling us how much they LOVED our band and how they were the best wedding back they've ever experienced! We truly couldn't have been happier and if you have the opportunity to work with Mark & King of Hearts, DO IT! You will not be disappointed

Sent on 10/01/2019

King of Hearts Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Leigh! You and Cam were a dream couple to work with and it was our pleasure to rock some Springsteen for you guys. From all of us at KOH, we are happy to have made it a night to remember.
    All the best,

Jill Gilberg · Married on 09/01/2019

The Best Band Ever!

My daughter's wedding was absolutely unbelievable - mostly due to the King of Hearts band. We had small children, tweens, 20 somethings, adults and older people all out on the dance floor throughout the entire night! I cannot say enough good things about them and we looked at many different bands. I am so glad I chose King of Hearts. Mark was very responsive to all my questions and needs leading up to the wedding. I cannot say enough good things about them and would hire them again and again!!!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Hey Jill,
    The wedding you put together for Kara was nothing short of amazing. Every detail was perfect and we could see that everyone was having a great time. Hopefully, we will see you at the next family event.

Lexi Udeh · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing Energy and Sound

We had the most incredible reception and a big part of that was Finesse Band. We wanted an unconventional wedding where the dance floor was open and packed from beginning to end, rather than having a dinner where everyone was seated - we just had the food available for people for whenever they got hungry. This meant we asked that Finesse start playing high energy from the beginning and keep it going throughout the night. And just as we asked, they got the dance floor started right away and we were impressed with how much energy the band had the whole night. Beyond that, their sound was top notch - we heard so many comments throughout the night and following the wedding from guests saying how amazing the band was and how much fun they had. We also loved that the band let us get up on stage and dance and were really interactive with the audience. We will be recommending them to everyone we know and couldn’t have asked for more from them.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Hey Lexi,

So nice to see that you, Randy and all of your guests enjoyed Finesse's performance at your wedding reception! It was a pleasure working with you both to and through the wedding and happy to have been a part of such an epic night. All the best to you guys.
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 08/23/2019

Amazing, Professional, Fun

We had the pleasure of having KOH at our wedding and they did not disappoint!! Mark was extremely responsive throughout and was attentive to detail. KOH had our guests dancing before dinner was served, making it difficult to leave the dance floor to enjoy the meal- sure sign of a good time! The guests loved how interactive the band was and we all enjoyed dancing with them! KOH helped to make our wedding night so unforgettable and so much fun! I would recommend them ten times over

Sent on 08/26/2019

King of Hearts Entertainment's reply:

An unforgettable night indeed and we look forward to seeing you at some of your friend’s future weddings!!! Stay sweet Taylor and never stop dancing with Alex 😉

Matthew Scheer · Married on 08/23/2019

Fantastic wedding band!

This was truly the best night of our lives, and the excellent performance and vibe you guys put on was second to none. We were blown away with everything.

Thank you so much for all of your hard work and coordination, and to the band as a whole for making this such a magical night!!

Best,

The Scheers

Sent on 09/02/2019

King of Hearts Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Matt! It was great working with you and Lauren and making your big day magical!

On behalf of FINESSE, thank you!

Meghan Shaw · Married on 07/27/2019

Fantastic!

Finesse was incredible!! They were so easy to work with scheduling our event and throughout the planning process. The band was so much fun at our wedding! Our guests loves every minute of them playing!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Hey Meghan,

You and Bob were so easy to work with and made our jobs easy.
    So glad we could bring a little "FINESSE" to the occassion.
    Thanks for having us!
  • Sarah

Sarah M · Married on 07/19/2019

The best of all time!!!

Wow -- where do we even begin?! KOH band truly made our wedding at Belle Mer so fun and extra special. They had everyone on the dance floor all night, and are excellent at reading the crowd. They are all extremely talented musicians. My guests continue to say that our wedding was the most fun wedding they've ever attended! They played the perfect combination of old & new songs, while seamlessly performing a few songs they learned especially for us. I'm a musician, so the music was such an important element of the wedding. I did a ton of research and I am so thrilled that I chose them because they beyond exceeded our expectations. All of my musician friends in attendance were blown away by their talent too. Thank you KOH band for the memories, we will cherish them forever!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Hey Sarah,
    From one musician to another, thanks so much for trusting us with this extremely important part of your big day. We had a ton of fun and these pictures you've shared shows it.
    All the best to you and Will.
  • James

James Pinkham · Married on 06/22/2019

Easy to plan, great to perform, talked about for months after!

Finesse was such a hit at our wedding. We had a backyard/barn wedding and they never blinked an eye at the location, distance, or requests that we had. Mark and Tijana were super professional and accommodated our requests for music, timing, and special events. We couldn't be more happy with the group and experience!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Hey James,

Pleasure working with you leading up to your Wedding day. I am so happy to see that you all had a great time with FINESSE. Our Instagram is glowing with content from your wedding!! All the best to you both and thanks again for having us.
    -Mark & Tijana
  • Coralie

Coralie E · Married on 06/08/2019

Finesse is an AMAZING band!! I can't recommend them more highly!

Finesse was an essential part of making our wedding so special. They are incredible musicians, not to mention really wonderful people. They have a way of bringing a crowd together in celebration of the day and I truly cannot imagine our wedding day without them.

Sent on 07/03/2019

Hi Coralie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We had amazing time with you, Alicia and your beautiful guests! We wish you all the best!

- Tijana

Jim & Chelsea · Married on 05/26/2019

Truly unbelievable, amazing wedding band! 10/10 would recommend

We ultimately decided on King of Hearts for our wedding due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews and word of mouth hearing about them. We could not have been happier to find out that every positive thing we had read/heard was absolutely true and so much more. From the moment we first contacted them to the end of our wedding, we truly could not have asked for a better experience. Mark was responsive, friendly and awesome to work with along the way. The entire band is incredible and truly great at what they do, but also extremely personable and a pleasure to work with.

Throughout the entire evening and still to this day (2 months later) we are still constantly getting comments from friends and family about how much they absolutely loved the band or asking for their name to refer to friends. They had all of our guests up on the dance floor the entire time. The playlist was not only great but the entire flow of the reception was absolutely seamless which was all thanks to Mark who was the perfect MC for the night. They will also learn 3 songs to play for the special dances which they were very patient for us to decide on and performed them with ease. It was evident that they were extremely talented watching their videos online but it really does not do it justice in person.

Our biggest advice for anyone considering booking King of Hearts is to do so as soon as possible! We knew our wedding would be a busy time and booked them about a year and a half out - and we obviously could not be happier that we did.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Hey Chelsea and Jim,
    Thanks so much for leaving us this review. We had a blast at your wedding in beautiful Newport, Rhode Island and working with you leading up to and through the big day was a breeze. So happy to be a part of it all and to see that you, your family and friends had a great time. Hopefully see you next year at one of your friends' weddings!

Wishing you all the best,
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Bagnall Piche · Married on 05/18/2019

Best. Band. Ever. Seriously, the best!

When planning our wedding, my fiancé and I prioritized finding a fun, high-energy band that would keep our guests entertained all night, and King of Hearts far exceeded our expectations! Our dance floor was never empty (the band even forgot to take a break!) and one of our absolute favorite memories of the entire wedding day was joining the King of Hearts onstage to sing "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey before our exit. Three months later, and our guests are still raving about how great King of Hearts was! We LOVE King of Hearts and highly recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 08/19/2019

Hey Caitlin,

To say we all partied like Rockstars is a true understatement! We kicked off our 2019 season with your wedding and it did not disappoint. Thanks again for having us and all the best to you and Patrick!!!

Melissa · Married on 02/14/2019

Amazing performance at a corporate cocktail event

Mark and his band played at our holiday corporate cocktail event and they were better than we could have imagined! Their vibe was the perfect compliment and set the stage for the evening. They were professional and collaborative and were the key to make the evening a success!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Hi Melissa,

It was a pleasure playing at your holiday corporate cocktail event. We had a great time entertaining you and your guests and happy you all chose us to set the atmosphere for the night. Thanks again and we wish you all another successful year!

Sandy De Arango · Married on 12/30/2018

Simply the best!

So many of the decisions you have to make leading up to your wedding require a leap of faith and you need to rely on reviews to help make them. I hope this review assures you that choosing King of Hearts is, hands down, the best decision you can make.

As a couple, we don’t make decisions quickly (sorry Mark!). Mark put up with us along the way with nothing but kindness and enthusiasm. He was available for a call whenever we needed and had an answer to every question. We then turned here to make our final decision (aside from spending hours listening to the website and watching youtube videos and yes, they really do sound that good in person). Once the decision was made, Mark was still instantly accessible if needed. He walked us through song choices, dances, and the entire schedule of events. I know all of that is standard but going through it with Mark made for a huge part of the night/planning that we didn’t have to worry about.

When the day finally arrived, everything was perfect. The song choices were spot on, the dances were exactly what we asked for and so special, the songs we asked them to learn were amazing, and every single guest (I’m not making this up) asked us "WHO IS THIS BAND?? THEY ARE THE BEST I’VE EVER HEARD!” All that being said, where KOH and Mark really shined was being the MC for the night. Because they were there, the entire evening had a certain flow to it. I don’t only mean sticking to a schedule and getting everything done on time, but they added a very personal touch that made the night theirs and uniquely ours. They got to know us and they got to know our guests. It showed on the mic, it showed in special song choices they made, and it showed as they would get into the crowd to make it the best party and celebration we could have ever dreamed of.

We cannot thank them enough! If you are considering King of Hearts, hurry and lock them up before somebody else does. You will not regret it!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Hey Sandy,

You and Logan were so easy to work with that by the time your wedding day came around, getting through the night seemed effortless! I am happy to see that we were able to leave such a lasting impression on you and your guests and that everyone had a great time!!! You and Logan are a special couple and on behalf of KOH we wish you all the best.

Jim Ramsey · Married on 12/29/2018

Best wedding band ever

They were simply amazing!! They were so engaging with the entire crowd and put on the greatest show we have ever seen at a wedding! Throughout the whole process they were so responsive and easy to deal with as well. I could not recommend a better band for your wedding than KOH. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend and thank you to them for making our wedding day so special.

Sent on 01/18/2019

Hey Jim,
    Thanks so much for having us on your special day. We are honored that you and Brigette liked us so much from your friend's 2017 wedding and decided to have us for your own wedding and we had a great time!!! All the best to you and wifey and Happy New Year from all of us at KOH.

Brittany Rivera · Married on 11/30/2018

Awesome Musicians!!!

I worked at an event that King of Hearts provided entertainment for in Philadelphia. Our event consisted of an award show prior to the celebratory activities. King of Hearts provided stage music that made me want to dance when I should have been standing still due to the fact that I was working the event! Their selection of music is eclectic and had guests of various ages on the dance floor. The band’s energy is vibrant, fun and interactive. King of Hearts singers engaged with guests by bringing some of their performances to the dance floor. Our organization has had King of Hearts perform for more than one occasion. The fact that we keep bringing them back is a testament to how truly talented this group is. FIVE STARRRRRSSS!!!!!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Hi Brittany,

Another great year and another fun time playing for EMSDC's 2018 Choice Awards Gala. Thank you so much for this review and for having us back. Wishing you all a successful 2019 and hope to see you all soon.

Best,

Jackie Saydlowski · Married on 10/13/2018

A great wedding band!

The band was very professional and kept the party going all night. It's been almost a month since we had the wedding and people are still talking about what a great band they were. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/10/2018

King of Hearts Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Jackie! It was nice working with on getting things together for Jill and Mike's wedding. Send them our warmest regards!

All the best to you Joe and the rest of your family and friends!

Emily Mccormack · Married on 09/29/2018

Much more than a band...

When you book King of Hearts you get so much more than a band. These guys truly are entertainers and they keep the party going all night. They performed at our wedding back in September and we are still getting comments from our guests about how great they were 3 months later. Mark is amazing and was a pleasure to work with leading up to the event and that same level of service carried through the entire day. He listened to us throughout the process so we didn't have to worry about anything leading up to the wedding and delivered on exactly what we asked for perfectly. We were thrilled with everything about these guys and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for the right entertainers to make their special day or event a memorable one.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Hey Emily,

Being on stage at the Omni Mount Washington in Bretton Woods, NH is one of our favorite venues and partying with you, your new hubby Derek and the rest of your family and friends was amazing. Even nicer was the night cap in The Cave afterwards! Glad you all enjoyed. Happy New Year!!! - Mark

Matt · Married on 09/22/2018

I cannot use enough words to describe what an impact King Of Hearts Band made on our wedding. Simply put, they MADE the entire evening. I will not waste any time complimenting how insane and out of this world Mark and Tiffany's vocals are, because you can without a doubt notice that from their website and sample music online, but what isn't shown by their sound clips is how fun and personable Mark and Tiffany are. The whole team was interactive with each and everyone of our wedding guests, making them all feel included. Mark perfectly MC'd the whole evening, and he did better than I could have ever imagined. They had a way of getting everyone onto the dance floor. They played a KILLER playlist, and they were just so much fun to work with. The entire evening I had guests coming to me to express how spectacular the band was. Mark has been extremely professional and responsive to all my inquiries leading up to our special day, and that makes a huge difference in my opinion. I have zero regrets about choosing these guys and gals for our wedding, and if I had to do it over I would pick them again. If you're stuck between a band and DJ as most people are these days.....PICK KING OF HEARTS!! Worth every single penny. You will not regret it.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Hey Matt,

Man, thank you so much for your words here. We love playing at the Omni Mount Washington Hotel and felt like part of the family with all the love and kindness you, Taylor and all of your family and friends showed us. On behalf of the band thanks for choosing KOH and letting us rock out on your special night!