Kinfolk Brass Band Reviews

Kinfolk Brass Band 4
Kinfolk Brass Band 5
  • Adolfo

Adolfo Caballero 路 Married on 11/15/2019

The New Orleans touch you're looking for!

We were looking for a second line band to add a local, typical touch to our wedding. We hired Kinfolk brass band for the final 30mn of the party, and they delivered with flying colors. It was the perfect way to conclude the party and lead the crowd out of the venue, in true New Orleans fashion. Highly Recommended!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Kinfolk Brass Band's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We had such a great time working with you! We were honored to be chosen for such a special moment in your day!

Sharlene Galvan 路 Married on 09/21/2019

Kinfolk was a blast

Kinfolk is amazing and so much fun! We hired them for our second line and they helped plan the parade and permits which was great.
    Everyone had a blast and many of our guests from out of town said it was the most memorable wedding they've ever been to because of the second line. We loved them and recommend highly.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Kinfolk Brass Band's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We love making memories for all of our clients and we're so glad you had a positive experience with Kinfolk! We had a blast with you, too!
  • Jessica

Jessica 路 Married on 06/01/2019

Fabulous Second Line Experience!

Our wedding planner, Three Little Words, organized everything for us and it was perfect. Kinfolk Brass Band know how to kick the party up a notch and handled the logistics of the Cabildo third floor & staircase back down with ease. We did our second line around the Quarter and it was incredible ... everyone still is talking about it! Thank you Kinfolk!

馃摳 by Mike Lirette Photography

Kinfolk Brass Band 6
    Kinfolk Brass Band 7
    Kinfolk Brass Band 8
    Sent on 09/29/2019

Kinfolk Brass Band's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! We do love to party and we're so happy to hear you had a great time with us! It takes a lot of experience to play down those steps but we got it! Thanks again!
  • Claire

Claire Pires 路 Married on 04/06/2019

Kinfolk Is Amazing!

If you want to have a brass band at your wedding, hire Kinfolk. After our ceremony, Kinfolk led the guests throughout New Orleans鈥 beautiful City Park, dancing as they played and getting guests so excited. Kinfolk had so much energy and played the best music. They also played during the cocktail hour and they played our first dance, which is something we鈥檒l never forget. They were professional, energetic and wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. As a Brooklyn, New York-based LGBT couple, we needed vendors who were organized and responsive and also accepting and Kinfolk delivered. They are the best and we highly recommend them.

Photo: Mateo & Company

Kinfolk Brass Band 9
    Sent on 07/07/2019

Kinfolk Brass Band's reply:

Thank you so much, Claire! Many people don't even know that Kinfolk isn't just the hardest working Brass Band in town, but also has a great Jazz Band for cocktail hours and receptions! Thanks for mentioning this in your review! We had a great time with you!
  • NOLABride2018

Andrea 路 Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing experience!!

We are from Iowa and fell in love with New Orleans on previous visits so we decided on a destination wedding in the Big Easy! A second line parade was an absolute must and after reading reviews we knew that Kinfolk was the best choice. There鈥檚 a reason they have such great reviews. They were absolutely perfect and so much fun! Our guests are still talking about how amazing our wedding was and how the second line was one of the best experiences of their lives! Best money I spent. Hands down! Amanda the coordinator is also amazing to work with! I highly recommend!

Kinfolk Brass Band 10
    Kinfolk Brass Band 11
    Kinfolk Brass Band 12
    Kinfolk Brass Band 13
    Kinfolk Brass Band 14
    Kinfolk Brass Band 15
    Sent on 12/24/2018

Christine 路 Married on 09/29/2018

Kinfolk was the absolute perfect brass band for our second line! We could not have been happier. They brought a lot of energy and joy to our parade. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Caroline

Caroline Millican 路 Married on 04/20/2018

AWESOME band with GREAT energy!!

Kinfolk was just FANTASTIC!! We got married in the St. Louis Cathedral, and as we were taking our pictures, we could hear the band outside waiting for us. When we stepped out of the Cathedral, we were absolutely blown away and had a blast parading through the French Quarter to our reception. Kinfolk did an absolute amazing job and made such a wonderful memory for us. This was the highlight of the night for all of our out-of-town guests.....even all of our friends and family who were born and raised in NOLA were so impressed by this band and could not stop talking about the second line. What a great experience! At the end of the parade, the guests gathered outside of our reception venue as the band played, "Hey Baby," and it was just perfect. I loved getting our pictures back and seeing all of the dancing and smiles from the second line. Thank you for making such a special memory for all of us!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Melanie

Melanie 路 Married on 03/17/2018

These guys are fantastic! We hired them to play our processional, which went straight into the second line. We also included a grand marshal (which I recommend) and a mardi gras indian. We chose to take our second line down Bourbon Street on St. Patrick's Day, which was even more fun. Since our wedding day, we've seen videos of the second line on social media that people on the street took from their iphones. It was really an epic second line! You can't go wrong if you hire these guys!

Kinfolk Brass Band 16
    Kinfolk Brass Band 17
    Kinfolk Brass Band 18
    Sent on 03/29/2018

Heather 路 Married on 03/10/2018

Kinfolk is hands down THE BEST of all brass bands in New Orleans. They are incredibly talented, sound amazing and very professional. If you want an experience your guests will never forget and have your pictures look amazing (some brass bands show up in some not-so-great attire), then book Kinfolk! One service that Frenchman Street Productions (who books out KBB) offers is the setting up of your second line permits, etc. I don't recommend that service only because it's so expensive for something that isn't that time consuming to do yourself (plus there are several websites that walk you through what to do). Highly recommend Kinfolk!!

Kinfolk Brass Band 19
    Sent on 03/27/2018
  • Tanisha

Tanisha 路 Married on 09/30/2017

Wow! Just wow! I loved Kinfolk! My guests are still raving about how awesome they were. They were the highlight of the evening. They were so much fun and was the absolute best way to kick off the reception. This was the first second line for me and all of my guests and it will be an experience that none of us ever forget. Thank you Kinfolk for getting our party started!

Kinfolk Brass Band 20
    Kinfolk Brass Band 21
    Kinfolk Brass Band 22
    Sent on 10/20/2017

Brianna 路 Married on 12/10/2016

Kinfolk Brass Band was excellent! and so professional! They played my ceremony music which they had tons of selections and also my second line which was awesome. I had the parade planning service which I highly recommend-I barely had to do any planning here! I am a destination bride and my guests are still raving about the second line and how awesome it was. I am so happy we had kinfolk-I would highly recommend them to anyone. We also had a couple mardi gras indians and the band leader who danced around behind us. Bottom Line-THEY ARE AWESOME. BOOK THEM.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Natalie 路 Married on 10/22/2016

We hired the Kinfolk Brass Band (& their planner Amanda) for our wedding second line. Ok, so the price tag initially seemed high, but it was by far the BEST PART OF OUR WEDDING. <--re-read that...it was sooooo worth it! I would have paid any amount of money to have Kinfolk Brass Band lead our second line!!!! They were so much fun and made for a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us and all of our guests. We spent a lot of time debating whether or not we wanted to second line, since although I'm from New Orleans, my husband and most of our guests aren't. We ended up deciding to go for it since Kinfolk was available and it was such a unique New Orleans tradition to share with our guests. We booked them to lead us out of our reception to Pat O'Brien's, taking a cool scenic route so our guests could see some of the Quarter. Everything was just perfect! If you're debating having a second line or hiring Kinfolk Brass Band, you should go for it...seriously, one of the best wedding decisions we made and by far the most talked-about part of our wedding and the part we'll remember forever. Kinfolk - thank you SO MUCH for making our wedding so much fun and creating this amazing experience for us!!!!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Elise 路 Married on 05/28/2016

Kinfolk Made our 2nd line! They were very good musicians and looked the part. They were on time, even though it had been pouring rain just prior to their arrival time. Everyone on the street wanted to join our parade!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Veronica 路 Married on 04/17/2016

I would highly recommend this band. They played a 20 minute set at the end of my reception for the second line. It was amazing. They were on time, actually early, and professionally dressed. My wedding venue who was based in Metairie La said it was the best second line they had in a while. I really enjoyed myself. Contacting them was so easy. I received email responses quickly.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Kim 路 Married on 04/03/2016

Definitely book Kinfolk Brass Band! They did an amazing job playing at our wedding reception. We keep hearing from our guests about how great the music was. They did great playing while people were eating, adding a good atmosphere to that part of the reception, and then kicked it up a notch to get people dancing later in the night. It was well worth it for us to have a live band at our reception, and Kinfolk Brass Band was the perfect choice for our New Orleans spring wedding.

Sent on 04/18/2016
  • Lindsey

Lindsey 路 Married on 03/26/2016

This, in my opinion, is THE BEST second line band to hire in New Orleans. The band is awesome, they are skilled and experienced and know exactly what to do to make your wedding unique and special for your guests. We hired a Grand Marshall to help ramp up the energy of our guests after our ceremony. He was very energetic and did lots of tricks & dancing. It was great to include since we had so many out of town guests who had never experienced a second line before. It was a perfect second line - our guests couldn't stop talking about it for weeks after our wedding, one of our guests even said it was one of the top 5 moments of her life! Thank you Kinfolk!!

Sent on 04/15/2016

Joan 路 Married on 02/14/2016

Kinfolk not only meets expectations and hopes and dreams -- but exceed all. They truly made my daughter's wedding. Anybody who is looking for a second line; anniversary, birthday, or just an awesome band will be thrilled. Make sure you get the Grand Marshall. He makes the moment even more special if that is possible. Superb!

Sent on 02/24/2016
  • User6047563 路 2+ years ago

We had a rainy day wedding and kinfolk acted as true professionals in adjusting to accommodate the wedding and have a good time. Correspondence was always timely and professional. Music was wonderful, guests loved it. Can't say enough about them- if you're looking for a second line band, they can't be beat!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Kim 路 Married on 09/18/2015

Kinfolk was such an amazing addition to our destination wedding in New Orleans! All of our guests were from out of town and had no idea what a second line entailed. Kinfolk got our guests out of their seats after the ceremony and we made our way through the FQ! The band itself was phenomenal and I'm so glad we decided to go with a grand marshall as well because he kept it very lively and interacted a lot with our guests and people in the street. We had an amazing time kicking off our reception with Kinfolk and our guests definitely got a good dose of NOLA flair. You absolutely must have Kinfolk do your second line! They can handle all of the permitting that is needed as well, so literally all you need to do is pay the fee and show up for the second line! You will not regret it at all. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Jason 路 Married on 03/15/2015

We cannot recommend this band highly enough. As a same sex couple, we were nervous about any of our vendors saying they wouldn't work with us, but the Kinfolk Brass Band were so nice and accommodating. We had looked at other bands, but what really sold us on this band was that as part of their fee they took care of all the parade permits necessary for New Orleans. We didn't have to do anything, which was a huge relief. Once they saw we were done with the wedding, Amanda approached me, and let me know they were ready when ever we were. We left Jackson Square and were serenaded by them for 6 blocks. All our guests were raving about how much fun the parade was, and all the on lookers congratulated us along the way.

Sent on 03/17/2015

Jenna 路 Married on 02/21/2015

Kinfolk was the bit of the wedding! I am absolutely amazed at the quality, professionalism, and fun! All my guests were out of town and had no idea what a 2nd line was- but now, they all want one for every event! It was the highlight of my wedding an the band and staff were incredible! They went the extra mile to help me with permits, police, song selection and everything else imaginable!

Sent on 03/26/2015

TIFFANY 路 Married on 02/20/2015

AMAZING is all I can say. Our second line featuring Kinfolk Brass Band was truly one of the most magical, fun, memorable events of my life - thank you so much for getting the party started!

Sent on 03/06/2015

Rebecca 路 Married on 03/08/2014

So we used Kinfolk for our secondline band leading from the ceremony to the reception. We had so much fun with these guys. Plus, they are a fantastic band. We were sad to see them go and thought they were better than our actual reception band. Snag these guys for your special day for sure!

Sent on 03/23/2014

Carita 路 Married on 11/12/2016

Kinfolk was my number one choice of second-line band for my big day. Almost all of our guests were from out of town and this would be their first experience of a second-line parade. They were not disappointed! Working with Amanda was a breeze. I also purchased the parade planning service so that I didn't have to worry about it. Amanda took care of everything and the parade went off without a hitch. The band was loud, fun and so NOLA! My guests are still talking about the band and the parade - it was the highlight of the night!

Sent on 12/06/2016