12 Reviews for Keystone Ballroom located in the DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Valley Forge

Indoor (1)
China (1)
Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Linens (1)

Mary was outstanding! My husband and I loved working with her. She was professional, helpful, and very accommodating. I had many questions and requests and she had such patience with me! The ballroom was newly renovated and was exceptionally beautiful. The rooms and bar for afterwards is also very nice and spacious. My guests are still talking to me about how great the food was! Would definitely recommend the DoubleTree Valley Forge to anyone in the area!

Profile Picture Sara, 3/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the DoubleTree Valley Forge Hotel on 8/23/2014. Words cannot accurately describe how incredible everything was - from the hotel rooms, the staff, the food, the accommodations, the service, etc. My (now) husband and I worked with Mary Bell and Lauren Gotthelf to plan our wedding at the hotel. They were both amazing! They both went over and beyond anything we could have expected for our wedding day. Our ceremony was scheduled to be outside by the pool area, unfortunately, the rain could not hold off. Mary waited until the absolute last minute (1 hour before our ceremony) before gathering all the hotel staff she could find (housekeeping, drivers, check in staff, etc) to set up our ceremony in the ball room. It turned out to be just as perfect!! The staff must have had superpowers because they were all the most incredible people to have working with you on your wedding day. I am so thankful that we chose the DoubleTree Hotel for our wedding and are extremely grateful for Mary and Lauren and would highly recommend their services to anyone! Thank you again!!!

Profile Picture Dana, 8/23/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mary is amazing and made our special day absolutely perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better team to help us with our wedding!

Profile Picture Hillary, 4/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Clem was AMAZING!!! Our night was perfect! Stress free, drama free and beautiful!! The staff was amazing! Clem has years for experience and you can rest easy being in his care! Made my worries and stress drop the moment I met him- very responsive, reliable, professional, personable and a really nice guy! The hotel was gorgeous when all done up! I would recommend this venue to everyone and anyone! Perfect night!

Profile Picture Laura, 4/13/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Last summer, we started planning my daughter’s wedding for 200 guests on the tightest of budgets. After looking at dozens of venues in NY and Philadelphia, we happened upon the Double Tree by Hilton and Clem Pascarella. From the very first encounter with Clem my daughter felt as though he was a combination of father-of-bride and wedding planner extraordinaire. He patiently sat listened, took notes, and helped us put together a dream ceremony and reception that was customized for Twana and Wesner’s special day. We eventually decided on an 11:30 a.m. ceremony on Easter Sunday followed by a brunch menu. The setting and ambiance were warm and inviting, and were only exceeded by the outstanding service. From the onset, Clem P. went beyond the call of duty to ensure that the day would be special. The brunch menu was presented in two sessions, with the breakfast and cold items served at as a cocktail hour, while the hot and lunch items were served during the reception. The food was superbly delicious and abundant. Many of our guests took advantage of the affordable package and booked rooms at the hotel for the night, some for the entire weekend. The staff was more than flexible in honoring our courtesy block of rooms, adding rooms, and extending time for wedding guests at no additional cost. Friends and family members are still talking about the accommodations and friendly staff. The entire event had a classy, yet personal feel. Clem is truly the Double Tree’s greatest asset and could not have been more accommodating if he was planning this event for a family member. He really helped us to pull off an affordably elegant affair which far exceeded our expectations. Many of our guests have indicated that they will be using the services of the Double Tree in the future. Oh! Let’s not forget, it is conveniently located across from the King of Prussia Mall and the complimentary hotel shuttle will transport you there and back. I would not hesitate to recommend Cle

Profile Picture Wilma, 3/31/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When inquiring about information and understanding what is provided, there were no surprises.
Everything flowed smoothly, the food was good and the wait staff were very attentive.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/5/12, 5 Reviews
4.7

The DoubleTree is a wonderful place for a wedding. Catherine was great to work with. She is so flexible and worked hard to create a beautiful ceremony and reception site for our wedding. The hotel was very accomodating to our guests. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to other brides, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture User2379559, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you Clem and staff! You allowed us to have the wedding we envisioned. Both the ceremony and reception venues were beautiful and our guests loved our wedding. The staff was very attentive. There was a lot of flexibility and good guidance. Clem was very helpful and available whenever we needed him. This is the best place to have a beautiful wedding and not break the bank.

Profile Picture Varusha, 7/27/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What we loved: Beautiful, nice facilities, lovely grounds for pictures, good price compared to others in the area, truly all inclusive – no surprises, helpful professional staff, let us bring in cupcakes from a licensed vendor.
Helpful hints: Check on all of the guest rooms (for the block and bridal party prep) a week or so ahead to be sure everything is reserved as expected. Go through a reception time line with the coordinator – and include your DJ in that. If you have quirky or different DIY details that need setup, have a helper go down during the day and oversee so you can be sure everything is right. They will accommodate special dietary needs for no extra charge.
Review: Our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were at the DoubleTree, and we had our block of rooms there for out of town guests. Ceremony was in Paine, cocktail hour in Hamilton, reception in Junior Ballroom, 118 people. Ceremony setup was lovely, and we had the sheer curtains down, which created a nice backdrop with the sun coming in (5:30pm in April). Photos are wonderful. The grounds and hotel bar were great for pictures. Reception setup was perfect, plenty of room for dining and dancing. Guests enjoyed the food. Nelson was meticulous, very helpful with setup. We did have some problems pop up, mostly with the reservations of rooms. Bridal party prep rooms were not ready for us, and several other room issues came up. That being said, Angela, the coordinator, cleared up the problems as quickly as she could, with no impact to us or the wedding in the end. As every bride finds out, there is no perfect wedding, but Angela responded as well as we could have asked for – fixing it all with as little impact to us as possible. Even with issues, I’d still recommend the DoubleTree – we wanted our venue to take care of everything as much as possible, and they really did. Angela and Nelson took good care of us the whole day – we were their only focus. Overall, a very good experience.

Profile Picture Christine, 4/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up
3.9

We did not have our wedding here, but we did have a block of rooms, after party, and brunch the next day here. The brunch was very nice and the staff was very accommodating. For our block of rooms, we made welcome bags for the guests and we sad to here that many of our guests were not receiving them until my mother in law started handing them out on her own. In addition, my bridesmaids rooms were given away since we did not come back from the reception until late and they were downgraded in rooms. The bridal suite was very nice and we were given complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, which was very nice.

Profile Picture Deven, 7/9/16, 11 Reviews
1.9

We only used the hotel for guest accommodations, not as a venue.

First, we couldn't check into our suite at 3pm - the room apparently wasn't ready. The mattress didn't have a fitted sheet. The welcome bags weren't passed out at first & rooms with 3 or 4 people only received 1 bag. The bags didn't have breakfast vouchers, which the hotel said they would provide. Guests complained their room keys weren't working. The shuttle left at the wrong time for the rehearsal.

The lowest moment was after the wedding. The living room area for our prez suite became locked and the key to our room wouldn't open the door. After 45 minutes of explaining the situation to the front desk & eventually getting the night mgr on the phone at 2am, security opened the living room area for us. The fact that our key didn't open this room was a HUGE oversight, but the hassle it took to get it opened was downright embarrassing for a hotel hosting such a large wedding. The WORST was when I knocked on the door to the other room connected to the living room which was SUPPOSED to have been reserved for my older brother. After knocking on the door really hard trying to get my bro to open up and let us into the living room the door flies open & this strange girl answers looking understandably annoyed. I apologize profusely & am absolutely red with embarrassment. I realize the hotel didn't give my brother the room we had always discussed he would get. After we got into the living room we immediately get a call w/ a noise complaint, what a surprise. The whole point of putting my bro in that room was to create a buffer of family so we wouldn't disturb other hotel guests.

At breakfast the morning after the wedding the staff seemed, in a way, "out to lunch." You had to ask for coffee or water like 10x before you got it.

This hotel will promise you the moon in order to make the sale. But once it's D Day (aka your wedding), they will fall flat on their faces. Do not book.

Profile Picture Aimée , 6/14/14, 7 Reviews