76 Reviews for Kevin Le Vu Photography

Flush Mount (1)
Proofs (1)
Save the Date (1)
76 Kevin Le Vu Photography Reviews

During a stressful time like planning a wedding, Kevin was a solid vendor, we were excited to work with. I researched his work on Yelp and really liked the vibe. It's been about a year now talking with him from booking to finishing up our wedding this summer. Kevin is positive, responsible, reliable, and very easy to work with.

I feel like you get what you pay for with wedding photography and I feel like Kevin was very fair with his prices. His packages include an engagement shoot which I wasn't wanting initially but I am so glad I did it after I saw the photos. You schedule a consultation with him and he suggested a really great hidden location that had sequoia trees because I want to have a forest look. it was my dream come true and there is even a second location on a grassy hill. Kevin really spent several hours with us to get so many shots. Kevin took the time to write a really nice, personalized blog with sneak peaks of engagement shoot.

The wedding day was really hectic but it was really great having Kevin and his assistant John capture all the moments during the day and night. I had my wedding at wayfarers Chapel and they do not allow photographers at the front of the church. Somehow they managed to capture amazing shots. I will say that Kevin and his assistant were so patient with a not so nice employee of the church and with my demanding friends/family. It was eight hours of filming and I had them travel to a separate reception venue which was about 8 hours away.

Photos take about 5 to 6 weeks to arrive but it comes in this beautiful wood box and wood USB with a thank you card. I've gotten so many compliments on all of the photos and I am very pleased with how everything turned out. I look forward to another opportunity to work with Kevin and his team!!

Profile Picture Joleen, 9/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Flush Mount, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Toning, Wedding Portraits

Everyone always talks about how important the perfect photographer is for your wedding and I was definitely on a quest on finding the right photographer for my husband and I. We met with Kevin one night at his studio and we were blown away. We went over a lot of his work for almost two hours and fell in love with the beautiful way him and his team took pictures. I mentioned we were having a night wedding and he brought out albums of weddings he did at night to show us their attention to lighting and it was perfect. He didn’t try to over sell his services to us. He simply asked us what we were looking for and gave us his recommendations. As soon as we left our meeting my husband and I both knew he would be perfect and we’re so happy we chose him to be part of our special day. Our wedding was the day after thanksgiving and him and his team arrived early and as a bride with a lot on her mind he was one less thing to worry about because his experience and professionalism shined through. He told us it would take 4-6wks to get our pictures and with the holidays I was expecting the latter but no they arrived in a cute wooden box at 4 wks. My husband and I relived our whole wedding through these pictures and our family and friends can’t stop taking about how perfect they are. Thank you again for everything! Kevin and his team are the best you won’t be disappointed!

Profile Picture Zabrina, 11/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband & I found Kevin through Yelp and decided to book him because his portfolio looked amazing and his reviews were unbeatable. Now that our wedding is over and we've gotten a chance to work with him on two separate occasions (engagement/wedding), I can say that I know why his ratings are through the roof! Kevin truly is a professional with a photographer's eye. After our engagement shoot, we've learned to put our trust in him and let him do his thing. Even when we felt awkward and funny, he had a way of calming our nerves and talking us through poses. Needless to say, the pictures came out amazing and made us look like seasoned models - haha! Kevin and his team captured every moment during our wedding and they didn't miss a beat. My husband and I had so much fun reliving our wedding through our photos. Thank you Kevin and the entire KLV team!! We will treasure these moments forever!

Profile Picture Mindy, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Kevin and his entire team are the best wedding vendors we’ve had the pleasure to work with. I owe them so much that I cannot even begin to express my gratitude. If you don’t have the time to read my entire review I can tell you this much - you won’t regret hiring them for your wedding or any other special event you have in mind. They are all extremely kind, very professional, know how to keep their cool during what could be one of the most stressful days in your life (talking from a bride’s perspective) and last but not least, the final products (all pictures and videos) are impeccable. I will uploaded a few pictures so you can judge for yourself. If you want more details continue reading.

One of the most important thing for me for my wedding were the pictures. I knew I wanted to have amazing photos of the day and not just candid shots, but also magazine worthy glam photos. Kevin can definitely do both in a very unique way. He gave us tips on how to pose, had ideas about the location and where the best pictures could be done, even brought external lightning with him for some extraordinary night photos.
He responded to all my questions in details very promptly. With the volume of work and all the amazing photo sessions he does, I don't know how he manages to be so punctual and always on top of his work. But I guess that's part of his magic!
Working with him and his team is easy, very delightful and sure makes you relax during the day because you know you are in good hands. The entire team is super professional and friendly at the same time. If he is available for your date, don't hesitate. That will be one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself for this special day.

Photos
Profile Picture Dessi, 9/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We booked Kevin and his team for our engagement shoot and wedding and are so glad we found him on Yelp! Seriously worth every penny and more. PROS: The Kevin Le Vu Photography website is easy to navigate and updated regularly, which helped us decide to move forward with them. We immediately fell in love with his work!!! Kevin is responsive and prompt with emails and other communication. We always felt at ease with Kevin and that we could trust him 110%! He was always willing to give us suggestions regarding photoshoot locations and which hotels to get ready. Our engagement shoot was in Downtown Pasadena and the LA Arboretum. Despite the awkward poses, he made us feel comfortable and assured us that the poses were going to be worth it. We are so glad to have worked with Kevin and Jonathan on the day of our wedding. It was a hectic day for everybody but Kevin and Jonathan were cool as cucumbers. They work extremely hard!!! If we had to start wedding planning over, we would choose Kevin every time.

Profile Picture christina, 8/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

We first met Kevin 5 years ago when he photographed one of our matron of honors wedding. Several years, later wedding planning began for us and without hesitation we booked Kevin and his team. Our friends also booked Kevin for their wedding. We went through a period of time that we saw Kevin and his team about every 3 weeks. Kevin and Jon were so much fun to work with, but their professionalism and work speaks volumes. You will not go wrong by booking Kevin Le Vu Photography :)

Profile Picture katherine, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kevin Le Vu is pricy, but well worth every penny. Their photos are amazing and their service is beyond outstanding. We could not be more pleased with how everything turned out and recommend them with wholehearted enthusiasm.

Profile Picture Blaira, 12/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Kevin and his team are absolutely incredible! As a wedding planning team, we work with lots of photographers, and not only is his work beautiful, his personality (and those of his team) are amazing. On the business side, you have complete faith that they'll be fantastic from the moment that you first send a message: they're always quick to respond to any question and you can tell that they're true pros. They kept the wedding day on time and everyone relaxed and having fun. I absolutely recommend them!

Profile Picture Taryn, 6/17/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

We worked with Kevin and team for our engagement shoot and wedding day. For our wedding day, Kevin was the main photographer, John his cousin was the secondary, and his brother Steven helped out with the lighting. They blew it out of the water and exceeded all of our expectations. They all had such a fun personality which is extremely important when you're with them for 10 hours that day! We had the wedding in downtown LA and Kevin took pictures of the wedding party of 11 people in a busy DTLA on a Saturday afternoon. There were people everywhere, but Kevin wasn't bothered and didn't let the crowd get in the way of getting the perfect shots. It was pleasure to work with him and his team. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Hazuki, 8/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you're looking for top-of-the-line photography with little to no hassle, then Kevin is the guy to work with. Many will boast the same things but Kevin and his associate John were extremely easy to work with. Their personalities vibed really well and was one of the more pleasurable experiences asides the ceremony/reception itself. They worked seamlessly and you didn't even notice they were there during the whole event. From the engagement shoot to the day-of shoot, all the pictures were perfect. We had a very difficult time choosing what pictures we wanted for our album as easily all thousand of the pictures could've made it. They were professional but at the same time easy going. When working with them, it seemed like they were friends you knew for a long time. That's how easy they were to work with and how great their personalities were. Overall if we had another event that required formal pictures, we would definitely call them hands down. Top-tier.

With Love, Patrick and Jade Estudillo

Profile Picture Jade, 7/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kevin and Jonathan are incredibly sweet and easy to work with. Kevin's style is very soft, artistic and natural with amazing lighting. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our fairy tale wedding.

Profile Picture User6022473, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

Snapit Fancy Photobooths was amazing at our wedding! They did such a great job with getting things setup quickly and our guests had a blast. There was an error with some of the prints which they fixed very quickly by mailing us reprint of every photo from the evening at no cost to us. That is definitely top notch customer service and we are so glad we went with Snapit Fancy. We highly recommend this photobooth company to anybody looking for one in the SoCal area.

Profile Picture Brandon, 5/6/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Prints

We are so happy we went with Kevin for our engagement and wedding photographer. We loved his artistic, soft, natural style. I was nervous about looking awkward and unnatural, but Kevin was so easy to work with and gives great direction! My husband and I are complete opposites, I love the up close romantic shots, he loves the artistic landscape shots, and we got a lot of different varieties with our engagement and wedding photos that satisfied the both of us.
Kevin and his team was always so kind in person and in our email exchanges, we went over everything and about every little detail, he was always detailed and thorough.
On the day of, they came prepared! They made sure to get the best shots at the best times of day/moments. I did not have to worry about where, when, how we would be taking the photos. The places they picked fit the theme and feel of the wedding perfectly!
Everything was made easy with his professionalism and attention to detail. He always had a great attitude and was fun to work with, besides that his work speaks for itself.
We received our engagement photos and wedding photos in great time and they were all so GORGEOUS! We are so happy with them!!!! THANK YOU KEVIN!!!

Profile Picture Vicky , 2/19/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

I'm obsessed with photos. I go back to look at photos on my phone almost on a weekly basis to look back on past memories to give me a smile. Can I just say that I'm going to look back on our wedding photos from KLV Photography for the rest of my life with such joy and giddiness? Kevin and his team are absolutely amazing! They're so down to earth and professional. They had such an eye for capturing the joy that we had during our engagement and our wedding day. Kevin was able to recommend a botanical garden near the reception for pictures and it really came out wonderful. The pictures were breathtaking that I don't really know which ones to print. All 1800? They're seriously worth every penny!

Profile Picture Nancy, 10/10/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Save the Date

Kevin Le Vu Photography has been a pleasure to work with thus far. My fiancé and I just finished our engagement shoot with Kevin and had a wonderful experience.

From the initiation/quote process to our engagement photo session, Kevin Le Vu Photography has been seamless to work with. One of the main reasons we decided to go with Kevin is because of his ability to capture the heart and emotion in his photography. His stellar professionalism and creativity are icing on top of the cake. What we appreciated was his ability to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera (something that is not natural for us). We feel very blessed to be able to work with Kevin and his team and cannot wait to continue to do so for our wedding next summer.

Profile Picture Christina, 8/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kevin was a pleasure to work with and we love our engagement and wedding photos. We got married in Southern California, but live in the Bay Area so we had Kevin come up north for our engagement photos. He was very easy to work with and did a great job planning our engagement photo day and getting the gorgeous photos back to us quickly.

On our wedding day, Kevin was very prompt and flexible with little changes we had to make on the day of. We had a backyard wedding and did many of our photos in the neighborhood nearby. He did an incredible job making the surrounding area look beautiful in photos and got lots of gorgeous candids. Kevin gave us the 1,300+ photos quickly and we are so happy with them.

We met with several photographers before choosing one, and we decided on Kevin because he was a better value and provided more services (engagement session, second photographer, & album included in our package). Lower cost definitely didn't mean lower quality in this case -- everything was top notch! We highly recommend Kevin and his team!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/27/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

I work in entertainment, so when it came to my wedding photos, I was bound to be INCREDIBLY picky. I scrolled through upwards of 100 photographer's websites before finding Kevin Le Vu Photography, and I was immediately drawn to his pictures. I knew that I had to have him! Kevin & his team were an absolute DREAM to work with. I'm quite camera shy, but they made me feel so comfortable during my engagement photo shoot. And on the wedding day, they were basically invisible, except of course for the time that we dedicated photos. And yet, despite me barely noticing they were there, they managed to capture the most INCREDIBLE photos of our day. I can't put into words how happy I am with Kevin & his team's work. The photos are absolutely magical, I simply couldn't ask for anything better. Do yourself a favor and book them before they are gone, as they are quite busy!

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

I posted my first review of Kevin a year ago and now, a week after our big day, we're still in awe of Kevin, his team, and of course, their beyond spectacular work product.

They say that the biggest investment any pair should make for their wedding is their photography. It is the physical, visual reconnection with your wedding day-arguably the most important day of a couple's life.

We knew from friends, reviews and our own e-photos that Kevin was the best. And I would never settle for less.

There's an intricacy in his work. He isn't just snapping photos. His methodology, even with placement of lighting and catching the best angles--its an art form he's mastered. Not only that, Jonathan is also learning this same craft. It's amazing what this team can put together and how much emotion is captured -- even with those who aren't comfortable in front of a camera.

Kevin made sure to get all the shots I requested, and was even nice enough to take pix with my guests' cellphones upon request. They are fun, accommodating and just work with the rest of your vendors to create a stress free day.

He's prompt with emails and texts and even apologizes for responding an hour late!!!

I cannot even say enough great things about Kevin and his team. We are so honored to have them become part of our day and are a bit sad we didn't take any photos with them.

When it coms time for our family to grow, you best believe we'll be calling Kevin to capture those new memories.

Profile Picture RHO, 4/19/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kevin and his team are so talented. Kevin and John did our engagement and wedding (3.8.15) photos, and they did such a great job. For our engagement photos, we got so many compliments on the location and the way the shots were taken. Everyone kept saying we got a great photographer. For the wedding, they captured all the great candid moments, and also made sure to get the typical wedding shots. They also have their own style that made the photos look more unique and beautiful. Kevin and John were also very nice and made Matt and I feel relaxed on our big days. I'm so glad we went with them. They also have a quick turn around, got my engagement photos in two weeks and marriage in 4. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Vaniah , 3/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am so happy that we chose Kevin Le Vu as our photographer for our wedding and engagement shoot. I was looking through many photographer websites, but as soon as I came across Kevin's photos, I just knew that we had to have him take our photos. I wanted Kevin and his team to be our photographer so much that we actually moved our wedding date twice to make sure we could book him! (I don't think I told you that Kevin! LOL!)
When we first met Kevin, we could tell he was so professional and just an all around nice guy. He answered all of our questions and took the time to get to know who we were as a couple.
For our engagement shoot, it was about 90 degrees and for the second half we had our crazy (not very obedient) dogs with us. But Kevin was so patient and helped us take really amazing photos. He is very good at making you comfortable in front of the camera and helps with posing for the perfect shots :) I was also happy we did the engagement shoot, because it really helps get rid of the nerves of being in front of the camera on your wedding day.
Many people told me that your wedding day goes by in a flash, and it really does! Once your make up and dress are on, it's like you blink and it's all over! But looking through my photos that Kevin took, they all take me back to those special moments of our wedding day. Not only are they artistically beautiful, but you can see and feel each person's emotions through the photos. Which I don't think many photographers have the gift of doing.

Long story short...LOL! Kevin Le Vu is the best photographer out there! Do yourself a favor and hire him as your photographer.
THANK YOU KEVIN AND TO YOUR WONDERFUL TEAM!

Profile Picture User4020985, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had Kevin for our engagement photo session in L.A. and also for our wedding day at the Olowalu Plantation House in Hawaii. We went through a lot of portfolios of other photographers (mainly based in Maui) and were not satisfied with their styles until we saw Kevin's photos!
During the whole planning, he was very accomodating, professionnal and prompt in his email responses. Working with Megan and Kevin was really easy. They were able to make us comfortable in front the lens. We are more than satisfied with the final results and couldn't have asked for more!
Thank you Kevin & Megan!

Profile Picture Mai, 2/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kevin and team are awesome! He is creative, a good listener, hard working, and just goes above and beyond your expectations. He makes people feel comfortable and natural and always adds his organic style and creativity.

One thing I was nervous about during our photo shoot was being fake. He does a good job at listening to couples and lets them be themselves. But of course he adds his touch and creativity to make everything come out beautifully and natural! This speaks to his versatility and professionalism.

He and his team are also very hardworking. We had a long engagement photo shoot and a full day of wedding and reception (we are Indian :)). For both shoots, Kevin just kept going. We live in San Francisco and he traveled to SF, was there first thing in the morning, and worked until he had to leave for his flight at night. Also for our wedding, he and his team were the first ones there and were there until our last guests. He also photographed our pre-wedding events during the week. Kevin and his team are amazing.

If you are looking for a professional, creative photographer who is good at listening and reading couples, is hardworking, and who is versatile - Kevin and his team have to be your choice!

Profile Picture S, 11/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Wow Kevin was hands down the best photographer I've ever dealt with. I've been in many of my friends weddings and there have been many photographers who are very strict or not flexible with some of the photos that wanted to be taken. Kevin is so easy going and flexible that we were pulling him this way and that way to the point where we didn't know if he'd have any energy left to still shoot for us!

We flew him in from California to shoot our wedding in the DC area and man, he was a steal for the price that we got him for when compared to the other big name photographers in the area. Totally worth the airfare + hotel that we had to pay for as well.

Many of our friends also saw some of his pictures and wanted to know if he'd be willing to come back, so we're hoping that he'd be willing to come back out to the area again if he'd want to.

Please get him now before his popularity gets too high to have him booked!

Profile Picture David, 10/4/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I have to confess, the first thing I did after getting engaged was to look for a wedding photographer. I'm a photography enthusiast so knew I needed more time to look for a photographer than most people. I was ecstatic when I found Kevin, his gorgeous work and unique perspective and style speaks for itself.

Getting a quote and setting up an initial appointment was easy, responses to email was timely and very prompt. After meeting with Kevin and Megan it was really a no brainer to hire them, I was so happy they were available for our date! They have great customizable packages to fit your needs and are professionals that really work with you from that first meeting until even after the wedding. We ended up with a package that included the engagement shoot, wedding day photography and their photo booth service. Update emails were sent to give an estimate when we might expect the photos to be ready. Everything came out beautifully and we received our wedding photos in a lovely package just a few short weeks after the wedding.

Our original bookstore location we were hoping to shoot at for our engagement session turned out to be closed. Kevin was quickly able to make a great suggestion for union station as an alternate. My husband and I are pretty awkward and nerdy, Kevin was really great at putting us at ease and would give gentle suggestions for poses and just let us be ourselves.

Our wedding day came and went before we knew it! Kevin and his crew showed up early and were ready to work. They were like ninjas seeming to be in multiple places at once! I had a few requests to make sure we got photos with all the guests and Kevin and Megan helped us make sure this happened. They helped us make the day unforgettable with lovely picturesque photos of the event to last past when memory has faded.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kevin has always been very accommodating and very flexible during the entire wedding planning. Not only has he helped us in conceptualizing our wedding and engagement photos to the way we want it but also gave us a lot of useful tips and advise in the over all planning stage. During the engagement shoot, he was very patient, easy and FUN to work with - he makes everything feel very natural. Even my husband who doesn’t always like posing for pictures, Kevin amazingly had the key to unlock his natural smiles and giggles in front of the camera. Another thing I liked about Kevin is that he doesn’t pressure us with time. We had 3 different locations for our e-session and he patiently took time to catch our best emotions and angles, we never felt rushed at all. When we received our photos, not only hubby and I were very impressed with his work but also all our friends and family.
On our wedding day, Kevin and his team were on-time, very professional, made everyone feel relaxed and enjoy each moment, they took care of every detail with great attention. We were also very impressed with how they were able to capture the best moments in our wedding creatively but at the same time be discrete (almost invisible) in the occasion. Nothing was ever felt unnatural or rushed! When we received our photos, I literally had tears of joy while browsing through them. Well done Kevin Le Vu and his team!!!! No words can express how happy we are with the way it turned out. They were priceless!
To all couples who are looking for a wedding photographer, I am sure you’ve heard the tip hundreds of times - you can skimp on everything but definitely hire a good quality wedding photographer. But with Kevin Le Vu Photography, it was more than just the beautiful quality photos you get after the BIG day. The pleasant journey we had working with them was definitely a huge bonus added to our lovely memories forever. So look no further, HIRE KEVIN LE VU PHOTOGRAPHY!!! #youwontregretit

Profile Picture Joanna Riza, 5/23/14, 3 Reviews