Kevin DeMassio Photography Reviews

62 | Albany, NY

62 Reviews for Kevin DeMassio Photography

Stephanie · Getting married on 06/05/2021

Kevin did an outstanding job on my engagement pictures and my wedding pictures! He is sooo nice and friendly and is always there if you need to ask him any questions! He is absolutely the best at what he does! My pictures look absolutely amazing! I could not be any happier with them! I would definately recommend him to everyone! You will absolutely love him! Thank you so much Kevin for everything!

Sent on 07/26/2013

Glenn Borror · Married on 10/03/2020

Most Amazing Photographer Ever!

Photography was one of the biggest decisions that we made. We wanted a specific type of look for our photographs so that we could proudly display them and cherish the photos for a lifetime. Living in Charlotte, NC we tend to find a lot of Photographer’s using a “light and airy” vibe. We preferred a mixture of both with creative elements. My husband had discovered Kevin from a Men’s Vows article displaying his work with a precious same-sex couple. It was important for me to find someone who had experience with same-sex couples to ensure their comfort ability level behind the camera and with posing, etc. We reached out to Kevin inquiring about his willingness to travel to our Southern Elegance Wedding in The Carolinas. Once he stated that he would be willing we then scheduled a call via Skype which last over an hour of pure joy and genuine conversation on a Sunday. We knew that Kevin was the photographer for us. His photos are very dreamy and his personality is equally amazing. We flew up to NY and drove to Massachusetts for our engagement session with Kevin which helped to validate our choice in selecting Kevin. As we reached about 60 days from our wedding date during COVID-19, we had to make some changes to move our wedding to a new state due to state regulations. Kevin was up for the challenge and didn’t hesitate to ensure we would have our amazing pictures as promised! During the wedding day, our entire family and wedding party loved Kevin. They enjoyed his presence and his personality. He brought a second shooter who was equally as talented. He had some surprises up his sleeve for us which made our day even better. We just received a preview of all of our edited photos and we are blown away!! They’re even better than our very high expectations. Thank you Kevin DeMassio Photography for capturing our day for a lifetime of happiness and reminiscing as well as generations to come. We can’t wait to connect with you again in the near future! Do yourself a favor and book Kevin. I’ve been a very picky groomzilla and He created everything and anything I’ve ever dreamed of!

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 09/04/2020

Kevin is the MVP!

Kevin stepped up when our original photographer cancelled two weeks from our wedding day. Kevin was so flexible, accommodating, and went above and beyond to communicate with us in such a short time period. Not only did he ease our fears in our Initial conversations with him, but he was SO fun to spend our day with. He was laid back, considered all of the necessary COVID-19 safety protocols, and was adamant about making photography an enjoyable experience. We feel so lucky to have had Kevin there to capture our day!

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Dave

Dave and Casey · Married on 09/14/2019

Kevin is the best!!!

Kevin was a great photographer who made us feel at ease both leading up to and on the day of the wedding. Kevin arranged multiple phone calls to discuss exactly what we wanted and was critical to planning out our day. Prior to the wedding Kevin was always available to answer phone calls and emails and quickly responded. On the day of the wedding, Kevin was familiar with the locations we wanted to shoot at and made each shoot look unique.

Even without engagement photos, Kevin understood our personalities and the shots came out great! We really loved so many of them and it captured the true essence of how we felt that day.

We highly recommend him and would come to him again for any future photographic opportunities! Thanks again Kevin!

Sent on 01/19/2020

Mary DeBlase · Married on 09/13/2019

Best Decision We Made

Kevin is hands down the best choice you could make for a wedding photographer. He is so easy to work with, he makes everyone feel totally comfortable in front of the camera and he is absolutely amazing at what he does. He is super easy-going and it was so fun to work with him. We were laughing so much of the time that the pictures he captured were genuine smiles. He got along so well with everyone that his witty banter with my mother was a nice distraction from the wedding day nerves.

Kevin thinks outside of the box to get the most unique and stunning photos. He had some amazing ideas that he executed perfectly for pictures that turned out to be some of our favorites. He sent us a sneak peek of our first photo within a day, a blog with more pictures within a week and our full gallery to view within a month. You can’t find that anywhere else! We can’t think of a negative thing to say about our experience with him – we would recommend him with no hesitation at all. Thank you, Kevin!!!

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Danielle W.

Danielle · Married on 09/01/2019

Book him now!!!

Kevin is an absolute joy to work with. He’s hilarious, professional, and so so talented. He makes anyone comfortable in front of a camera and really pushes you (nicely) to go the extra mile. Every single picture he takes is so breathtaking. When you book Kevin, you know that you’re going to have so much fun with photography on your wedding day. I can not recommend Kevin enough!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Vliet · Married on 08/31/2019

Best Photographer and Wedding!

Where do I even begin, from the moment I met Kevin I knew he was the perfect choice for our wedding photographer. He is hands down the sweetest, most sincere, and caring individual we have ever met. During the entirety of this day he kept us on track, kept us laughing, and put up with any and all antics from the bridal party LOL. Seriously though, his passion for photography shines through his personality and his eye for perfect lighting. Kevin has such a passion for creating the perfect shot and capturing the love you and your partner have for each other. My husband and I had so much fun during our bride & groom shots, Kevin and his second shooter John kept the mood light and always made sure we were comfortable and happy. I could not recommend someone more, and I wish I could do it all over again just to spend more time with these two amazing photographers!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Emily

Emily Yerdon · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing experience!

Choosing Kevin was the best decision we could have made in choosing someone to capture our wedding! How he was available for date with only 4 months notice, I’ll never know, but I am forever grateful!! From the very first email and phone calls I knew right away he was the one for us! And on the big day he handled the rain like a boss! He fit right in with our crazy clan and made everything so evertless and easy! I can’t recommend him enough! Thank you for capturing all the moments on our wedding day so beautifully!
    -Em

Sent on 08/23/2019

Lauren · Married on 08/10/2019

Five Stars! Absolutely incredible!

I first met Kevin at my cousin's wedding. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, and Kevin was her photographer. We had a blast taking all of the photos that day, and what I loved even more was the way he cared for my cousin and her new husband throughout the entire day. I knew when it was my turn, I would want to reach out to him.

After we got engaged, we began our process of searching for all of our vendors. We set up our appointment to meet with Kevin at his home. From the moment we arrived, Kevin made us feel welcomed and so comfortable. One thing that sticks in my memory of that day was Kevin asking us to interview him. He wanted us to get to know him, not as the photographer but as a person. We got to hear Kevin's journey to becoming a photographer. We did not once feel intimidated by the process, which some vendors do. He then took the time to get to know us as well. By the end of our time with Kevin, we felt like we had been friends forever. He never made us feel like he was trying to sell his business. We had such a great experience in our first meeting that we knew he was the perfect match for us.

Our engagement session was an absolute blast. I remember driving home and my now husband saying that was actually fun. Kevin kept us laughing and smiling the whole time. We saw first hand how dedicated he is to finding the perfect spots and lighting for photos. We were simply blown away when we saw our images from that day. We couldn't wait for our big day.

When our wedding day finally arrived, I had a broken foot and was in a walking boot. I was stressed and worried how I would possibly be able to have the perfect day that every bride envisions for their wedding day. Kevin told me not to worry and gave me a big hug that morning when he arrived at our venue. I felt relieved to see him so relaxed about it. The rest of the day I honestly forgot about the discomfort I had in my foot because we were having so much fun. Kevin made sure to check in with me and make sure I took time if I needed to rest. He was so caring throughout the entire day, that I forgot how little time I had really known him. It again felt like we had been friends all along. He showed us first hand that this is not just a job for him, it's his passion. We had a day of hurtles for him between my broken foot and rain showers, but he never showed any sense of stress or concern. He remained calm and relaxed the entire time.

We just had our meeting with Kevin at his house again to put our album together. I had imagined it being something overwhelming. How would we ever pick photos to include from such a large number of breathtaking photos?! Kevin was at his front door as we parked outside his house, and came right out to greet us. He took time to catch up with us on life since the big day, including my broken foot. He had a draft of our album put together and it was incredible! We made very few changes to it because it was that amazing.

Choosing Kevin as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. We cannot begin to express how grateful we are for him and the beautiful memories we have of our day because of his amazing talent he displays in all of his photographs. You can't go wrong choosing Kevin as your photographer. He makes it very evident that getting to know his couples is his priority. He makes it easy and fun. We will never regret our decision choosing him!

Kevin, thank you for all you do! You are simply amazing! You left not only us, but our family and friends speechless over your work. We will forever be thankful for you being a part of our lives, especially on our big day. We hope to continue our friendship as you truly are not just our photographer.

Sincerely,
    Lauren and Josh Jones

Sent on 09/18/2019

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2019

Best photographer EVER!

Hiring Kevin was one of the first decisions we made after getting engaged. After being a bridesmaid in a friends wedding that Kevin was the photographer at and hearing great reviews from other people that had worked with him I KNEW he was the perfect fit for Adam and I. We met "formally" at his home and we just chatted about basically everything. Kevin makes you feel so comfortable and doesn't try to "sell" his business to you. He takes the time to express how his main priorities are to get to know his couples and make sure they are happy.

A few months later we did our E-shoot which I would highly recommend doing. It was great to get comfortable with Kevin in our faces (haha) and helping us to pose. We had changed the date a few times due to weather (gotta love the summer in upstate NY) but I'm so glad we did. Kevin wanted to make sure that Adam and I felt comfortable while taking the pictures and didn't want the pictures to feel "forced". This really stood out to me. As I'm sure he had a packed calendar, he made the call to benefit US.

So by the time the big day came around, we knew how he worked which made the day go by so much smoother. At this point, Kevin and I are like old friends. He is so easy going and his main focus is making sure his couples are happy and comfortable and doing EVERYTHING possible to make sure you are getting your money's worth. Being at a venue that he had never been to-Kevin was out of his comfort zone. Our venue/coordinator were not the easiest to work with...however he did not let that stop him from getting the perfect shots we was striving for. He made a point to say multiple times that he wanted to make every minute worth our while and take advantage of every opportunity possible. He made our wedding day go so smooth, even with some last minute time changes (on our venues behalf) but he went with the flow and everything turned out perfectly. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend him. His second shooter Garrett was also AWESOME. At one point Kevin had him laying on a bush to keep it out of a shot. He was also so friendly and easy going!

Kevin is the best, his creative eye, his craft.. EVERYTHING. Thank you Kevin for capturing our wedding day- we were so incredibly happy to have you as our photographer.

Sent on 08/09/2019

Carlianne · Married on 06/29/2019

The absolute best

Kevin was INCREDIBLE. From first meeting with him to the last dance of the wedding we were blown away by how well he and his assistant blended with the guests and enhanced our experience. At no point did we feel like we were just going through the motions with the pictures. They were so much fun and uniquely captured- he even got into the middle of a moat in order to get an incredible shot!! He was so much fun!! We even opted to do the open air photo booth which was a hit all night with the guests. It was a great alternative to favors that they could have their own print outs. What a fantastic vendor.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Julia Moss · Married on 01/18/2019

Best time ever with Kevin Demassio Photography

Working with Kevin was one of the best decisions we made for our big day and we knew it from the start. We were looking for a talented photographer, who was professional to work with and who we knew would get along with a boisterous family and wedding party. Kevin made the decision to choose him easy right from the first meeting. Throughout our entire process, he was easily accessible, had a ton of wedding resources and tips, was timely and followed through, was always creative and thinking of fun ideas, was easy to talk to and even easier to work with. When it was finally the big day, Kevin was a reassuring presence to have working with us. He kept us on track, made us comfortable, and we had so much fun the entire time. We recommend Kevin and his team to every couple out there!!! You wont be disappointed.

Sent on 01/29/2019

Paul · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing, can't say enough good things about him and his work

Kevin may be hands down one of the greatest guys I know. From the first meeting with him until the end of the wedding he was great to work with. He treated us like we were life long friends throughout the entire process, made us feel comfortable and worked with us to accomplish everything we wanted. His work speaks for itself, to say we are absolutely thrilled with his work is an understatement. He's a great photographer and an even better guy, I cannot say enough good things about it.

Sent on 10/16/2018

kate · Married on 09/28/2018

I could not be more thankful to both Kevin and his second shooter, Ben for their amazing work at our wedding. Kevin was helpful and knowledgeable from start to finish. Ben and Kevin worked their butts off all day long to make sure they got the best shot. They were even a calming presence through a bridal meltdown or two and I’m so thankful they were able to give me great advice on a few unexpected surprises so that I could relax and be ready for pictures. I would recommend DeMassio Photography to any bride on their upcoming wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Meghan · Married on 09/28/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Kevin is an absolute dream to work with. His personality is spot on! He kept us laughing from the start and helped keep our wedding party entertained while we took photos throughout the day. He takes the time to get to know everyone's name and truly has a way of revealing sweet moments with your loved ones. I highly recommend Kevin! Your photos will turn out incredible and he will provide you with something you will cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2018

Kevin ,with the help of Ben, made our wedding photographs extremely easy and extremely fun. John and I were not in the capital region pretty much up until the wedding and Kevin made it easy to communicate via phone call and facetime to iron out all the details that needed to be done. He was extremely responsive and open to what we wanted and to all of our questions. He followed any schedule suggestions we had for the day and went with the flow when we needed a break or wanted a specific photo. He also had AMAZING ideas for very artistic, flawless and beautiful photos we would never think of in a million years. We haven't seen all of the final photos yet but he put together a teaser and the blog and they are better than I could've ever imagined. Kevin is a truly down-to-earth, fun, easy-going person which made working with him and our wedding day even more enjoyable.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Mackenzie · Married on 09/14/2018

I was a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding and she made a great choice by having Kevin photograph the day. He was fun and did a great job capturing candid pictures as well as the professional ones. I’ll definitely be keeping him in mind when myself or anyone I know is looking for a photographer.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Jaylynn · Married on 09/09/2018

My husband and I were referred by our good friends of Kevin DeMassio Photography. Our intial meeting with Kevin was at his home which he welcomed us right in as if we’ve known him for years and instantly felt very comfortable. Kevin is a very outgoing and down to earth guy. He will laugh with you,make jokes with you and maybe even make jokes on you!. After the second time meeting with Kevin (our engagement shoot) he introduced us to his partner Ben and him Kevin work perfectly together. At the shoot Kevin and my husband were joking with each other as if they’ve been friends for years which was great and still very comfortable to be around. During our wedding planning Kevin stayed in contact with us from start to finish. He answered every question we had and even gave his professional input. Finally came wedding day, Kevin and Ben arrived to our house to get shots of my husband getting haircut and the groomsmen getting ready. He gave the guys more time then they needed to ensure nobody felt rushed or nerved up on our big day. Then the two came to the place where I was getting ready and he knew just what to say to calm me down and still get awesome shots of my children,the bridal party and myself. After the wedding Kevin sent us a sneak peak and we were absolutely blown away in awe. Also a few days later (unexpectedly) sent us a short video clip that he put together for us and it was absolutely amazing. We didn’t expect any pictures for at least a week or so! KDP is more than highly recommended if you want more than just a photographer on your wedding day. He will interact and make any party feel the comfort that’s needed on such a beautiful and stressful day! Thanks again Kevin and Ben!!

-The Allen’s

Sent on 09/24/2018

Briana · Married on 07/21/2018

Where do I begin?! I honestly don't know if my words will truly justify just how exceptional Kevin is. He is absolutely amazing!! I knew when looking for a photographer, they were going to be a main component in our wedding day - they were going to have the daunting task of controlling and getting quality photos from a wedding party of 21 people, they were going to have to capture the raw emotion my now husband and I were feeling after 5 years of being together, and they were going to have to include our 9 month old son into the mix. Well, just after our first meeting with Kevin, we knew he was who we HAD to have photograph our wedding. We truly left that meeting feeling like we gained a friend. He genuinely develops a relationship with his clients and makes their day truly amazing. One of his stand out moments the day of my wedding was when he had my parents and I take a moment together to just be a family; to soak in the monumental day that was before us. With adrenalin, nerves and overwhelming excitement, he brought such a beautiful and heart felt moment for the three of us, a moment some sadly are unable to have. Kevin is 100% the real deal. He is a true mastermind at his craft! I cannot thank him enough for capturing our day in absolutely amazing and emotion filled photographs. He and his work is invaluable and I'm forever grateful we chose him.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/06/2018

I am a fellow wedding industry vendor and I've worked on weddings with Kevin for years. This past weekend I had good friends getting married and I was happy to see Kevin was their photographer. I knew from working with him that he is professional and his photos are incredible. I had no idea though how impressed I would be after seeing an entire wedding with him from start to finish. Kevin's attention to detail, his fun loving energy and ability to stay on track with the craziness of the day were unbelievable. What impressed me even more was that days after the wedding he had teasers, a video and than a full blown blog on the wedding. This speaks right to my heart of wanting to see how my brides day was ASAP! If you are searching for photographers, stop looking right now. If you are lucky enough to have Kevin be available for your day, book him. You won't regret having him alongside you for one of the biggest days of your life. :)

Sent on 07/13/2018

Mallory Sulz · Married on 07/06/2018

10/10 Experience

One word to describe Kevin and his second shooter Ben... INCREDIBLE! I met Kevin a few years ago when I was in my friends wedding. I was so impressed with his photographic vision parlayed with his energic fun loving personality. As soon as I got engaged, Kevin was my first call to see if he was available, and thankfully he was! The day of the wedding, he had us feeling relaxed and at ease through the tears and laughter. His attention to detail created the most breathtaking pictures! Kevin and Ben captured once in a lifetime amazing moments from our wedding day that we will cherish forever. I would recommend Kevin in a heart beat!!!

Thank you SO much!!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Alysa · Married on 06/23/2018

Kevin DeMassio is truly amazing! Not only is he just a wonderfully kind and funny person, but his photography is breathtaking and truly captured the wonderful emotions of our wedding day. From the moment we met Kevin, we knew we had to work with him. He is so easy to talk to and to get along with. He is professional and easily reachable with any questions. Both Kevin and his second shooter, Ben, were so fun to work with. They are creative and passionate about capturing amazing photos. We are so blown away by the images we received. We could not have picked a better photographer to work with!

Sent on 07/20/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2018

Absolutely AMAZING!

I could write a review about how great of a photographer Kevin is and how amazing his photos are, but you have already gathered that by now if you have seen his work or reviews. Something that really made Kevin stand out to us was his personality and ability to read the moment. He makes you feel like a friend and not just another wedding on the calendar. He allows you space to enjoy your day and keeps the group on track when needed. One of my biggest take aways was when I had an overwhelming moment and Kevin was there. The emotion of the day was getting to me and he helped me through by listening and distracting me when it was needed most. He really takes the time to get to know you and the vision you have for your wedding so you get exactly what you want. The entire wedding planning process was easy, and inviting and we always felt like he was our biggest ally. He made himself available as needed and even tolerated our overly propped engagement shoot. We are so love with how our pictures turned out and are lucky to have found Kevin. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Bridget · Married on 05/19/2018

Kevin is absolutely amazing! He is professional and does beautiful work but even more than that, he is so much fun to work with. He has the perfect balance of being laid back but also is so passionate about his work that his excitement and enthusiasm is contagious. He made me feel so comfortable immediately so while he helped us with the posing, my husband and I look very much like ourselves in the pictures- no fake smiles or awkward posing from us! I cannot recommend Kevin more. When it ended up pouring all day on my wedding day, Kevin was ready with a back up plan and made my rainy day wedding look absolutely beautiful! Don't miss an opportunity to work with Kevin!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/12/2018

Kevin is awesome! We were recommended to him & could not be happier. Him and his second shooter Ben do an amazing job capturing your day and making everyone feel at ease. Kevin and Ben felt like old friends after shooting our engagement session. They worked endlessly during our engagement and wedding day. We are in love with our photos and have gotten so many complements on them! It is well worth the money. One thing I found different from other photographer is Kevin makes sure the groom is not left out. He takes the time to give the groom their special time as well. Highly recommend Kevin and I am sure we will use him again in the future for other life events!!

Sent on 05/29/2018