Kentlands Mansion Reviews

58 Reviews for Kentlands Mansion

1 User photo

Kentlands Mansion 1

Agnie · Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful venue with easy to work with management

We had our engagement celebration (for 50 people) organized at Kentlands Mansion and it was an amazing evening and great experience. We worked with Susan and Kristy and they were both great. Kristy was very helpful even at the day of the event. Everything was very professional and all the rules and conditions were clearly stated beforehand. We are happy we chose Kentlands Mansion and we may be back to host another events in the future!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Andrew S. · Married on 10/21/2018

A great fall wedding venue

Had our wedding here on October 21st, and everything went really well.
    1. Guests (of which we had about 75) really liked the venue--in the sense that it was convenient (easy to find/park), aesthetically pleasing, and great for food, drink, dance, and socializing. The layout is nicely conducive to giving guests multiple spaces to do what they want (e.g., we had a few cocktail tables and games for people to play on the heated, covered porch).
    2. As wedding venues go, it was quite affordable, especially because the mansion itself requires little additional decor and tables/chairs are included (both for the ceremony and the reception; you pay for linen rentals, but those are reasonably priced).
    3. The Kentlands Mansion staff were very helpful throughout our preparations, especially our day-of coordinator, Lisa Kim, who helped a great deal with getting all the little details ready before guests arrived. As an aside, we also worked with Green Plate Catering and Roman Grinev Photography, and there didn't seem to be any coordination problems between them and the folks at Kentlands Mansion.
    4. Most importantly, my wife and I loved the venue--it was the perfect place for the outdoor fall ceremony we wanted. Everything went swimmingly, and everyone left happy.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Larysa Nazarenko · Married on 09/23/2018

Perfect for Wedding Ceremonies

This place was exact;y what we were looking for. It is very charming and perfect for the wedding ceremony. We were a little sad that we could not do it outside due to the rain, but the staff quickly moved everything inside and we still had a really beautiful wedding ceremony. Thank you for making our day special.

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Kentlands Mansion 2

Raleigh · Married on 09/15/2018

Kentlands Mansion - Wedding Review

Kentlands Mansion was the PERFECT venue for our September wedding! First, the staff at Kentlands are amazing -- they are reliable, easy to work with, flexible, and will go above and beyond to help you make your wedding day dreams. We got married during the week of Hurricane Florence and were very concerned about weather-related issues, but Terri and her team reassured us that they would stay open regardless of the weather. Moreover, Terri and her team provided great recommendations for other vendors, including our DJ and caterer. Overall, it was an amazing experience at a beautiful venue and I'm very thankful for the staff at Kentlands!

(Photography credit: Roman Grinev Photography / www.romangrinev.com/)

Sent on 12/03/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2017

I usually don't give 5/5 ratings unless everything was perfect -- well everything was absolutely perfect and that's all thanks to the Kentlands Mansion staff, especially Lisa! She was so wonderful to work with! She was thorough with her questions and attention to detail. Lisa was patient with us and worked to get us what we wanted! The Mansion is a beautiful venue; we had our ceremony on the front lawn and it was so gorgeous. I would definitely use this venue again for future events!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Laurie · Married on 06/03/2017

The venue, with its amazing ambience is just a beautiful and special place. The multiple rooms worked out great. The staff helped the caterer and us make sure everything went right. The day was beautiful so we could have the ceremony outdoors which is a beautiful setting. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Laurie · Married on 06/03/2017

Venue was wonderful. Staff was terrific!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Carlyn · Married on 04/22/2017

We are so glad we had our wedding here! The price is very affordable, the staff is incredibly responsive and full of ideas based on other events held there... and you can even get tables and chairs through them for FAR less than through a rental company or caterer! I love that it's different from your typical ballroom space... the different rooms, furniture and art on the walls made it feel like we were just throwing the best house party of our lives! Natausha was our on-site person and she was so helpful!

For the ceremony we would have had it outside but it rained so our plan B was actually in the smaller "music" room rather than the more typical "yellow" room choice. It was a great option for our more intimate ceremony of 30 people.

For the reception, we opted for a cocktail/open-seating style reception rather than a traditional plated dinner & I think that is the best route to take with this venue, especially if you want to maximize the space and get a few more people in (they told us for seated the space could do 110 and 150 for cocktail... we wound up with about 130 reception guests after our small ceremony and it was perfect the way we had it set up.) We had various size cocktail and bistro tables in the music room and covered patio with a bar out there as well, & another bar in the parlor room & a "lounge" with a sofa/chair setup &couple more cocktails in the yellow room. We utilized the dining room for a buffet. During the cocktail and dinner portion of the evening we hired a singing piano player to play on the piano that is there at the mansion and kept it there by the stairs. He performed as we did our entrance down the stairs & we had our first dance right there at the bottom of the steps.... overall a PERFECT setup! I think you can really get creative with this space and make a special and unique event. Guests are still raving about the flow and venue!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Tiffany · Married on 09/04/2016

I was married at Kentlands Mansion on 9/4/16 and everything turned out beautifully! Honestly I experienced some buyer's remorse when my guest list grew beyond expectation and I realized that I would need to sit some guests on the canopy porch for dinner. My fear was that those folks may feel slighted that they were not seating inside the house. Those fears (like most any fear) were a waste of energy. I got no sense that those guests felt any type of negativity. There was actually a guest I seated in the music room who commented that they wanted to sit on the canopy porch.
    My ceremony was held in the side garden. A forecast of potential thunderstorms the week of the wedding was disappointing, but fortunately the weather was great - God's answers prayers! :) I would suggest that brides consider how strongly they feel about having an outdoor wedding and if they want to deal with weather worry before selecting any outdoor venue. I will also note that the entire side garden is not shaded. About 15% of my guests had to use the programs to shade their eyes during the ceremony. Overall, Kentlands Mansion has charm and personality, is beautiful for pics and the staff is awesome. It was perfect for the size of my wedding (75 people) and the budget. In my opinion, this venue is better suited for weddings of 85 guests or less.

Sent on 09/26/2016

E · Married on 06/12/2016

We loved having the ceremony in the small garden with the grass and trees and the banquet and dancing in the stately mansion with the original art work on the walls. The staff was helpful and gracious and we were able to store the wine and beer in the basement 2 days before to make things easier for us on the day of the wedding. We would absolutely recommend this venue with no reservations.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Kentlands Mansion is lovely venue for a reception. There are three main rooms where your guests will be seated and one of them is a covered porch. They have a limit of 110 guests but I think that makes it too crowded for a reception. I had 74 guests and with that I still had one table on the porch where guests had to climb over chairs to get to their seats. This problem might have been something I caused by my choices of table layout in the three rooms. If you have more than a few tables in the main room and want to dance then those table will have to be removed and your guests will need to sit elsewhere. I rented the mansion's linens and thought they looked perfect. The staff was the real selling point, especially Terri. They always responded to emails and phone calls promptly and were extremely pleasant and helpful. Even last minute requests were honored with such a positive attitude. We were extremely happy with this choice for our venue. They even provided me with a list of vendors familiar with the mansion and I found 4 excellent vendors from that list. There is plenty of parking although it may require some guests to walk a short block or two. I would recommend this vendor highly but would caution you regarding the maximum of 110 guests for a seated reception.

Sent on 05/10/2016

carla · Married on 08/23/2015

We rented the Kentlands Mansion for our daughter's engagement party. Everything was wonderful and the guests loved the venue. It is a neighborhood gem, as I live in the community and was happy to be able to have it here. Abby was wonderful to work with, professional, responsive and attentive. The venue is perfect for a party like this. The bar was in one room, the food buffet in another and we had two more rooms plus an outdoor front porch and back porch area for our guests to enjoy both indoors and outdoors. The staff put out two signs for us, both welcoming and congratulating my daughter and future son in law. It is a place warm with personality and we are lucky enough to have it basically right in our own backyard so to speak!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Kristine · Married on 06/13/2015

I was amazed at how affordable Kentlands Mansion was... and how much "bang" I got for my buck!

I was married June 13, 2015. Kentlands was the first and only venue my fiance visited, because we absolutely fell in love with the mansion and knew it was PERFECT for us. Leading up to the wedding, the staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and absolutely engaged (no pun intended). They provided the set up of the chairs for the ceremony outside, as well as set up all the tables and chairs inside for the reception, and had a member on staff available from start to finish the day of to make sure I didn't have to stress about ANYTHING. She coordinated with my caterer and the other vendors so that I didn't have to tell anyone where to go or what to do - at most, I just answered a few last minute questions from the caterer about where I wanted specific directions. I couldn't have asked for a better venue for my big day.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Stephen · Married on 05/16/2015

We loved getting married at the mansion. The staff was wonderful and always available to us, and they have rotating art on display which really added to the ambiance. It is very picturesque and not much else was needed to really make our wedding vision come to life. Highly recommend this place!

Sent on 05/30/2015
  • User4906944 · event on 11/02/2014

The Kentlands Mansion was a perfect venue for my nephews baby shower. Terri was very helpful throughout the entire process and made it extremely easy for us to enjoy the party with all of our guests.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Carolina · Married on 10/17/2014

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Kentlands Mansion. I am more than pleased with how everything turned out. From the start, the customer service was excellent. We had a tour of the house and very good explanation/suggestion of how things could work. The ladies that managed the place were always very helpful and accommodating making sure that the plans for that day were exactly as I requested. Price-wise, it was very accessible. The only thing that I wish was different is that they don't allow in house cooking. We had to accommodate with the caterer so that the food was already prepared and just ready to hear at the venue. Other than that, I would definitively recommend the mansion. The area is quiet and nice for an outdoor ceremony and the inside is very picturesque for the reception.

Sent on 10/22/2014

The Kentlands Mansion was a beautiful, poignant, and affordable wedding venue. The inside and surrounding of the Mansion make for a beautiful backdrop for photos. The Mansion also tremendously benefits from having Terri as a program coordinator; she was there throughout the wedding planning process to help us understand how our vision can fit with what Kentlands Mansion offers. She was awesome! We had about 80 guests, which we thought was a perfect size especially since we wanted to have a dance floor. The bridal room upstairs was also very sweet and was a nice place to relax before and after the ceremony. The three rooms were a bit tricky for our guests to hear the toasts, but overall I think the guests really enjoyed the Mansion and what it had to offer (it was particularly good that the dancing room was somewhat separated from other rooms for those who wanted to converse without shouting at each other). Our only wish was that Terri was there for our wedding day (the venue has other weekend specific coordinator who wasn't as good as Terri). We found ourselves having to coordinate more than what we hoped for, but overall it was a wonderful place to have our wedding!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/20/2014

The location was beautiful and the staff terrific! Any questions I had were answered promptly by staff and their professionalism was superb. The staff was flexible and able to work with my requirements for the wedding. Wonderful place, great staff!

Sent on 07/27/2014
  • jennifer

jennifer · Married on 06/28/2014

We are so glad we were able to have our wedding at the Kentlands Mansion. The venue was absolute perfection for our dream summer wedding!! We can't recommend it highly enough! If you are looking for charm, detail and beauty of in itself, the Kentlands Mansion is the perfect venue for you. Also, the staff was so great, very responsive, flexible and just so helpful with all our questions or concerns. Terri was amazing and so helpful when it came to recommendations, advice and ideas for making our wedding a dream come true. They also provide an onsite event coordinator on the day of to assist with your needs. The venue is reasonably priced and the tables and chairs are provided. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Sara · Married on 06/15/2014

We had our reception at the Kentlands Mansion! The staff was very professional and very helpful throughout the planning process! Terri was our main contact and she took great care with us! The venue is beautiful and perfect for a wedding reception!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Every one that I had contact with was very helpful. Terri Thompson was a joy to work with and made the planning process much easier than I had anticipated.

Sent on 06/14/2014

Rajesh · Married on 05/17/2014

The venue is beautiful and the staff is excellent - professional, responsive, flexible and understanding. It is a great place for party events.

Sent on 05/19/2014

John · Married on 05/10/2014

All the staff we dealt with were friendly, helpful, capable, and professional. Clearly they are adept at reducing confusion and wasted time. We received many favorable comments from our guests concerning the venue.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Julie · Married on 08/17/2013

We hosted a cocktail party for our son and daughter-in-law after their wedding in Scotland. The Mansion was a beautiful setting for the event. Terri and the other staff were vey professional and extremely helpful. They were very responsive in answering all my questions. They took care of all the details from table selections, to set up and clean up. We couldn't have been more pleased. Our thanks go out to Terri and everyone who helped make it a wonderful celebration!

Sent on 10/01/2013