Kensington Makeup Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Nadine Married on 04/10/2021

Miracle workers!

WOW these girls are TALENTED!!! We got married in the morning, meaning we had a team of 3 artists show up to the house at 5:30AM! Lidia, Paige and Amy are absolute rockstars for showing up that early with smiles on their faces! They were so patient and attentive to us making sure everyone was happy with hair & makeup before moving onto the next. Very well prepared, came with their own chairs and had very quick set up! I decided to change my hairstyle from my trial and Lidia killed it!!! So happy with what she did! Even happier they finished right on time! Do not hesitate to book their services!!! They are amazing!
  • Samantha
    Samantha S. Married on 11/14/2020

Amazing experience with Kensington!

I hired Kensington for hair and makeup for my wedding for myself, my mother, and hair for my three year old daughter. I was matched up with Diana and had a wonderful trial with her. The company was extremely understanding and very easy to work with after needing to postpone and reschedule our wedding due to COVID. On our wedding day, Diana and her assistant were so fun to work with! They did a fantastic job and were extremely personable. Diana was easy to share my inspiration pics with (as I had some changes from the trial) and she also made suggestions to help enhance the look I was going for. She is great! I would recommend them over and over again! Plus, Diana did fantastic with my not so easy three year old :)
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 03/07/2020

Felt like a Princess

I had a difficult time finding a hair/makeup company as a lot were already booked for our big day. Luckily, I came across Kensington and they had an opening! I love that they offer tiered options to fit anyone's budget. I ended up doing 2 hair trials because I was very indecisive about how I wanted my hair, and they were always so accommodating. Estefany was patient and just kept trying things until I was happy. Even on the day of - I changed my mind 3 more times and she worked until I loved it! All of the bridesmaids loved their hair and makeup and were even able to get touch ups before the Kensington girls took off. Thanks to Kensington - I felt like the most beautiful princess on my big day!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca E. Married on 01/25/2020

Made my Day Flawless

Natasha and her team are fantastic! I had a senior leveled artist that rocked my hair and make up for my vintage glam feel. I had the most perfect hollywood curls that made me feel like a 10. I will most definitely be using this makeup company in the near future.
  • Tanu
    Tanu V. Married on 12/27/2019

Absolutely amazing

NATASHA is an absolute Rockstar. I recently worked with Natasha and her team for my brother-in-law's wedding. I had a large party of many ladies and flower girls (all traveling from out of state) for the December 2019 wedding. Natasha was superbly patient with me in helping build and customize a package of services for all our guests. Special thanks to Natasha for accommodating us and being flexible with us despite our extremely tight timelines and multiple pre-wedding functions. All our guests were very happy with their services; the flower girls were especially excited to get their hair and makeup done. A big shout-out to Lydia, Paige & Stephanie for being super amazing and for the stunning makeovers. Definitely recommending Kensington Makeup Academy to all our family and friends for future events. Thank you Natasha...a million times over.

Love & Regards,
    Tanu Verma
    Catrina Married on 03/24/2019

AZ wedding

Diana (senior level) was absolutely amazing. She did my make up perfectly along with my hair. She got my vision and did the minor changes i requested after my trial. Many commented how flawless and natural my make up was. I’m someone who doesn’t ever wear make up, so when I do it’s noticeable. So I was relieved to know I didn’t look fake and over make up’d. The time line for myself along with my girls was spot on. I couldn’t have chosen a better vendor for hair and make up.

Kensington Makeup's reply:

Yay Catrina! We are so glad that everything went flawlessly for your big day! We know Diana had a great time and was so happy to be a part! Thank you for choosing Kensington! We are honored that we were a part of you special day and wish you all the best! I hope everyone loves that setting spray!!! :)
    Christine Married on 03/08/2019

Beyond expectations!!

I had two professionals for my wedding party. They did an exceptional job! They made us look natural and not “plastic”. We had fun with them. They were prompt and timing was perfect.

Kensington Makeup's reply:

Thank You so much Christine! We are so glad that you loved your look. We definitely love to hear how happy our brides are! Thank you again for having us be a part of your special day! We wish you both all the happiness in the world!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey C. Married on 02/23/2019

Seriously incredible!!!

Kensington Makeup was seriously INCREDIBLE. I had a destination wedding in Scottsdale and was extremely nervous about booking a hair/makeup artist just based on online reviews. Booking Kensington was one of the best decisions I made. Holli and her team were fantastic. I looked more beautiful than I could have ever imagined, and my bridesmaids RAVED about their hair/makeup. The timeline they created for us was perfect (something else I was worried about), and my hair and makeup looked flawless the entire night. If you're debating on whether or not to book Kenginston... just do it! You won't regret it. I have personally experienced horrible makeup artists and the Kenginston team seriously knows what they're doing! The girls had all different hair textures and skin types and everyone looked fantastic. I can't thank them enough!

Kelsey,

Thank you so much!!! It was an honor to be a part of your big day! We know that it can always be a lot to think about and can be a stressful time. We are so glad that we could alleviate all of those worries for you and your bridesmaids and have you looking and feeling fabulous! We are so happy for you and again are so glad that we could be a part of your special day! Thank you again and we wish you all the happiness in the world ! ! !
    Stephany Married on 01/19/2019

So happy I went with Kensington!

I’m very pleased with my hair and makeup services and bridesmaid service after my wedding this past weekend. I wanted to write a review right away. I ended up hiring them last min after several trials and so many issues. Natasha called me same day to set things up. Go with the master service level for everything. They know what they are doing. I had Clarice for hair and Diana for makeup! They were amazing. My bridesmaids were even like “wow!” after they were done. You get what you pay for and being it’s a special day go with the best! I would use them again!

Kensington Makeup's reply:

Thank you Stephany! We love the feedback. We take pride in our artists and our quality of service. We are so glad that we were able to get in there last minute and give you all the best experience for your big day! We are thrilled to have been a part of it! We are so happy for you and your hubby and wish you the best!
    Bijal Married on 01/19/2019

Wonderful ladies to help us get ready the family ready for a wedding!

My brother recently got married in Phoenix with all of the family coming in from out of town. My mom found Kensington make-up and they were able to bring 7 girls to our hotel to help 20-25 ladies/girls get their hair (and a few even make-up) done for the multiple wedding events we had (two mornings of hair styles). Everyone loved their hairstyles! The stylists were able to do many different hair styles -- up, down, with straight hair or curled hair, add flowers in, etc. The stylists were very accommodating, flexible and fun to talk with (especially when we're all getting up before the sun rises to get ready). They also were super speedy finishing early almost all of the time! In working with the Kensington team, we loved how our hair turned out and the ladies on the team. Would recommend for others!

One element of feedback for make-up, especially for ladies with darker skin is to not have the make-up be too light compared to their natural skin tone. Other than that, make-up was overall pretty good!

Hi Bijal,
    Thank you so much for the feedback. We always want to make sure that our artists are performing at their best. We were so glad to be a part o your brother's wedding and these big events! It was an honor and a pleasure for us to be there. We are so glad that everyone was pleased with their hairstyles. We do pride ourselves on efficiency and style! Again, Thank you so much for the feedback and we wish your brother and his bride the happiest life together!
    Katie Married on 12/01/2018

Loved them!

I use Kensington for my wedding and Lidia did my hair and makeup. She did a fantastic job! My hair was exactly how I pictured it and my makeup looked better than I could have imagined. They are super flexible, I had 3 others who wanted hair and makeup, so Kensington sent another artist to help to make sure that we were done on time. My bridemaids and my mom all loved their hair and makeup too- everyone looked great!

Kensington Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! It was our pleasure! It was an honor to be a part of your special day! We are so glad that we were able to recreate your vision for your hair and makeup! We are happy that we were able to get you that extra artist to make sure that everyone was looking and feeling fabulous! Thanks again for the wonderful comments! We wish you all the happiness in the world!
  • Alex
    Alex Married on 10/20/2018

Captured my vision perfectly!

The team at Kensington did a wonderful job on our wedding hair and makeup. The nice thing about them was the makeup didn’t feel too heavy on anyone, and it lasted all night long. The hair was absolutely gorgeous, and the women did a great job capturing the mid-century era we were looking for. I recommend them to anyone looking for a stress-free, beautiful job at a fair price.

Kensington Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much Alex. We are so happy that we could be a part of your big day and help create that magical moment. We are glad that all the looks lasted and felt natural and everyone looked and felt their best. Again, we are honored to have been a part of your big day! Thanks so much or sharing those awesome photos as well!
    Summer Married on 06/23/2018
    After several terrible trials with other vendors, I was ecstatic to have found Lidia at Kensington. Look no further!! My wedding makeup was PERFECT and my bridesmaids were thrilled with their as well!

Kensington Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much Summer! We are so glad that we could be there to give you superior quality and service after your trials with other vendors. We are so happy that we were able to be such a big part of your special day.
  • Radhika
    Radhika Married on 04/28/2018
    I worked with Kensington Makeup for my hair and makeup for my Indian & Western fusion wedding day, and I am so, SO HAPPY I did!! Holli was absolutely amazing and seriously made me look more beautiful than I have ever looked. It was important to me to have a look that could work for both the Western and Hindu ceremonies, and then for the reception, and Holli nailed it. She was also so sweet and flexible with me on the day-off the wedding to expertly change my hair look slightly from the trial, which included extensions. The entire Kensington makeup team was also so amazing with hair/makeup for all my bridesmaids and family members as well. I paid to have touch-up service throughout the day as well, which I also appreciated because I had many dress / look changes. My hair held up throughout all of this, and I seriously wish I could have hair like that everyday. :) Overall I loved the way I looked and felt on my wedding day, and I could not recommend Kensington and Holli more! Thank you!

Radhika,

You seriously made OUR DAY! Thank you so much for the kind words. At Kensington, we understand how intricate and detailed Western and Hindu ceremonies are, so for you to choose us for your bridal beauty needs was a honor. We love your images and hope you can email us your full gallery to use at kensingtonmakeup@gmail.com.

Thank you, thank you again for trusting us to be apart of your wedding and bridal party and are so glad that Holli and our team executed exactly what you envisioned. We hope married life is treating you well. <333

Paula Married on 02/18/2018
    We used Kensington Makeup for my daughter’s wedding. The hair and makeup ladies were extremely qualified and very professional. My daughter, her bridesmaids and her mother (me) looked beautiful. Would recommend them fully.

Kensington Makeup's reply:

Thank you Paula! We love hearing the feedback. We are so glad that you and your daughter and all the bridesmaids loved their looks and felt beautiful all day! Thank you so much for having us a part of your daughter's wedding!
    Alexandria Married on 10/21/2017
    As an out of state bride, I relied heavily on reviews and recommendations. Both my photographer and wedding planner had recommended Kensington Makeup. From my first phone call, I was impressed by the friendliness and thoroughness of Natasha. It was super easy to set up an appointment for a trial that was convenient for me. I will be honest, I was concerned because I do have long hair and am EXTREMELY picky about getting my hair done. I had my hair done in weddings that I stood up in and usually the artist struggled with all my hair. At the trial, Holli listened to my envision and also made recommendations of what she thought would compliment the look I was going for. I was completely blown away with my hair and makeup and couldn't be happier!! On my wedding day I felt absolutely fabulous and Holli took the time to make sure everything was on point. I truly felt that Kensington took the time and went above and beyond to make sure I felt beautiful on my special day! Stop looking and choose Kensington- you won't be disappointed!!

Alex,

Planning from out of state can be such a daunting task but are glad you found us. Thank you so much for such sweet words. You looked FLAWLESS on your wedding day and were such a gem to work with. We hope to see you again in the future for your beauty needs. Hope married life is treating you well.

Haley Married on 04/08/2017
    Lidia at Kensington did the makeup and hair for me, my bridesmaids, and mom on my wedding day. She did such a fantastic job of achieving exactly what each of us wanted. I was so happy with my bridal hair and makeup! I had 2 trials before my wedding day and if I wanted to change or do anything differently, Lidia listened and nailed it. During the process leading up to the wedding day, Natasha was very helpful when it came to billing, scheduling, questions, etc. I am very happy with Kensington and will probably hire them for events in the future!

Haley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review. I am glad Lidia listen and executed your ideas. We were happy to have you as Kensi bride and cannot wait to work with you again in the near future.

<3 The Kensi Girls
    Malin Married on 03/11/2017
    I would definitely recommend Kensington to anyone needing hair and makeup services. I got married in March 2017 and I got hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party. Holli did my makeup and hair and I could not have been more pleased with how it turned out. I had junior artists for make up and hair for my bridal party/mother of bride and groom in order to save some money. The "Junior" artist were just as amazing, everyone in my bridal party looked so beautiful. Natasha made setting everything up a breeze and was very helpful in helping me select the best package to fit my needs. She was in constant contact wth me confirming every detail and billing was super easy. With all the stress that goes into planning a wedding, it was definitely nice having the hair and makeup go so smoothly. They even finished everyone's makeup half an hour earlier then the original estimate.
    Janelle Married on 03/10/2017
    They were able to get me in the week before my wedding after 2 failed trials from other places. I am so grateful for Kensington. Holli made me look and feel so beautiful!

Kensington Makeup's reply:

Janelle, we are so happy that you found us after to failed trials and were able to get you in so close to your wedding. We will always do our best to work with brides no matter how close or far their weddings are. I hope married life is treating you well!

Kelsie Married on 01/07/2017
    Kensington Makeup artists did an amazing job! My bridesmaids, mothers, sisters, and myself (bride) felt so incredibly beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Kensington Makeup artists. Our hair and makeup lasted all day/night even with our happy tears!! They were incredibly easy to work with prior to our wedding day and on our wedding day. I would highly recommend their services to any bride!
    Hayley Married on 12/10/2016
    I could not have been more pleased with my decision to use Kensington for makeup for myself and my wedding party and hair for my wedding party. Beauty was one of the last vendors I booked because I was so thorough in my search when it came to makeup and I'm so pleased that the time I took lead me to Kensington.

Natasha, the coordinator, was extremely prompt. I'm talking minutes between when I sent an inquiry and when she contacted me. She walked me through all my options and explained the difference between the different artist levels and I went with a senior artist for hair for my bridal party and a senior artist for our makeup as well. Camille did hair for my bridal party and I told the girls what the overall look I wanted was but they could decide on what they felt look best. I wanted their hair down and curled with some small French braids to keep hair out of their face. She did a great job making sure all of their hair matched but still looked unique for each bridesmaid.

Lidia was our makeup artist and I simply cannot say enough great things about her. I have skin issues and do not really wear a lot of makeup as a result and she really took the time to listen to me about what I wanted and what doesn't work for my skin. During my makeup trial she made sure I was happy every step of the way and she really helped guide me to the overall look that I wanted. She is a true talent and I would recommend that any bride that can work with her to do it. My bridesmaid and I were receiving compliments on our makeup all night long. The makeup photographed beautifully and was still perfect at the end of the night.

Hayley,

You were such a doll to work with! I know both artists truly enjoyed working with you and your bridesmaids. We cannot express how humbled we are to work with someone like you. Thank you for the kind words. It truly makes what we do worth while. If you ever need anything in the future you know where to find us! <3

Janelle Married on 12/01/2016
    Holli Chris is awesome! My hair and makeup was exactly what I had pictured it would be on my wedding and she did it all on her own! She created a beautiful hairstyle with a flower crown that was given us the day of the wedding. She wrapped and curled my hair around it, which added a gorgeous look to our rustic wedding. I don't wear a lot of makeup, so Holli went step by step to ensure I was comfortable with my natural look. Thank you Holli!!!
    Jynelle Married on 11/20/2016
    Holli is AMAZING at what she does! I had a trial several months prior to my wedding (for engagement photos) and the girl I was initially assigned to could no longer do weddings so Holli stepped right in to take over for my wedding. She completed another trial with me and took notes as she went and photos after so that she would remember everything for my big day. On our wedding day, I loved that she was available to come to us. It provided a lot less stress to not have to travel anywhere. On top of that, Holli has such a calmness about her which was perfect for a morning filled with lots of nerves on my part. I had so much trust in her that I pulled a last minute change of how I wanted my hair and she pulled it off perfectly! I never once felt rushed and we were even able to take some snacking breaks in between girls. I would highly recommend Holli!

Kensington Makeup's reply:

Thank you for the sweet words <33 We are so happy that during something as stressful as losing an artists that we can come together to make sure that you as a bride are at ease, happy with the results, and love your wedding look! We hope the rest of your wedding day was as flawless as you were. Thank for choosing us to be apart of something so amazing.

Michaella Married on 11/06/2016
    I would hire Kensington again in a heartbeat. I booked with Lidia, Samantha and Clarice and they all did an INCREDIBLE job with hair and makeup at my wedding, and made us all feel like princesses. Natasha also did an amazing job throughout the planning process and responded to emails SUPER quickly. Kensington is the best of the best, and I would recommend them to anyone!

Michaella,

Thank for choosing us for your wedding. It has been a pleasure working with you every step along the way. You had some fabulous artists as your team! Thank for taking the time leave us such a sweet comment and we cannot wait to work with you again in the future.

Jennifer Married on 11/04/2016
    SO thankful to have had Clarice on our wedding day glam team! She provided hair styling services for myself, my mom, and some of my bridesmaids. She was so much fun to have in our room that morning and did an amazing job with our hair. She was so creative in coming up with a unique style based on what each woman wanted, yet managed to keep a cohesive theme among the group which made for beautiful pictures. From the moment I met her at my trial I knew we were a perfect fit, and she created (then re-created) exactly the look I was hoping for! Her attention to detail was incredible. On top of that, the coordinator Natasha was such a treat to work with. She was so patient and accommodating, and seemed as excited as I was about wedding day! She kept in constant communication throughout the process and did what she could to make sure everything went as smoothly as it did. I would recommend Kensington in a heart beat to future brides. So much talent and kindness in this group of ladies. Thank you for helping me feel beautiful!

HI Jennifer!

You were a true gem to work with. Clarice and I had a great and meaningful time working with you. I am so happy she created not only your look but something that worked for everyone. Thank you for the kind words. I hope your wedding was everything you dreamed and more. You deserved it! Please be sure to send us all the photos! <3

Natasha and The Kensi Girls