Kelly Loss Photography Reviews

48 | Alexandria, VA

48 Reviews for Kelly Loss Photography

• Liz

Liz Friscino · Married on 11/02/2019

Everything we wanted - perfect pictures!

Kelly is AMAZING. I felt overwhelmed picking a photographer - it's hard to know what they'll be like in real life vs. sample pictures they have on their websites. But I fell in love with Kelly after reading the first 2 sentences on her website - it embodied the exact feeling my husband and I wanted for our wedding. Do things because we wanted, not because we felt we had to for tradition.

Kelly lived up to all expectations. She was professional and prompt in her responses, asked all the right questions around what was important to us and what feel we wanted for our wedding and has showered us with attention (and continues to do so!) I wasn't looking for someone to do a lot of staged pictures, but rather someone who would capture all the moments in between and Kelly did just that. I am obsessed with our wedding pictures and couldn't be happier. Definitely, definitely recommend!

Sent on 01/23/2020

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Liz! Your wedding was a blast, especially all the dancing! What a party!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words!

Sarah · Married on 09/14/2019

Kelly is the best

Kelly is the absolute best. Not only are her pictures STUNNING, but Kelly is the greatest to work with throughout the wedding planning process. From our initial meeting to our engagement shoot and planning for the big day, Kelly was supportive and thoughtful and along with her assistant Rebecca, captured our wedding day PERFECTLY. Could not recommend her more highly.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

OH SARAH! You are so sweet, thank you so much for the kind words, and I couldn't not recommend your wedding more highly - it was an incredibly fun day! :)

Lindsey Nolan · Married on 09/11/2019

Highly Recommend

Kelly was honestly the perfect photographer for us. She went above and beyond before, during, and after our wedding day. She's extremely professional, approachable, and fun. The photos turned out beautiful with so many candid moments captured. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsey! Your wedding day was so fun and the cold(er) weather just added to the celebration! Everyone was so snuggly! :)
  • Laura

Laura Collins · Married on 08/31/2019

Best wedding decision we made, period.

Kelly is nothing short of perfection. We knew when we began communicating with her that she was special just because of her warmth, fantastic communication, kindness, and enthusiasm. She literally made our wedding better - her ideas, knowledge, experience, and willingness to go above and beyond are extraordinary.

And I haven’t even gotten to the pictures yet - they were gorgeous. Her documentary style is exactly what we wanted and she captured everything without being intrusive in any way. She got the big moments but also so many little candid shots of us and our guests - precious little interactions.
    After the ceremony she knew where to take us in Old Town for a one-on-one photo session and her sense of composition, color, and framing made the pictures rise above ordinary portraiture.

The before and after was also so easy with Kelly. She is flexible and personal and helped us plan everything out and then put together the perfect package for us with the end product. I highly recommend her photo album option - we will treasure ours forever.

I could literally give a dozen examples of how she went above and beyond throughout this process but I’ll pick one for space. Kelly’s done huge weddings but ours was a tiny elopement-style walk-on at a park with 10 guests. When we got to the park she immediately zoned in on the perfect spot for the ceremony and then graciously cleared the space for us. This not only took stress and logistics off our plate, it guaranteed the best pictures!

I could keep raving but suffice it to say Kelly is the best wedding decision we could have made. She didn’t just give us gorgeous pictures, she made the whole process and the day demonstrably better.

I recommend her without reservation.

Sent on 12/13/2019
  • F

Fatima · Married on 07/20/2019

Kelly is tremendously talented!

Kelly is an extraordinary photographer and human being. She spent a lot of time getting to know my husband and me while we talked through our vision, during our engagement shoot, and as we got closer to our wedding day, and as a result the photos she took beautifully capture the spirit of our wedding and our relationship. In addition to being stunning images, she documented surprising moments, many of which went by in a total blur for us, and we absolutely treasure them. While there were plenty of wonderful photos of just my husband and me, there are so many of us with our guests laughing and dancing and generally relishing the day, and I absolutely love how many memories we have of us with our community. Kelly worked hard all day and even until our after-party kicked off, and we can now look back on so many candid moments between us and those we love most thanks to her. For the posed photos we took with our families, she made everyone feel comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera, and even though it’s not her favorite style, she made the time to take extra shots with my uncle and cousin, who at the last minute were able to travel from abroad to be with us. What mattered to us mattered to Kelly, so when we received the hundreds of stunning photos she took we easily spent hours relishing them, and our family and friends love them as much as we do. As if that weren’t enough, Kelly feels like a lifelong friend, and we have so much trust in her that we hope she can be there to take photos of all the important moments to come for our family. If it’s important to you to capture the raw beauty of your wedding day and the big and small moments that make the day so magical, we highly recommend Kelly.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Aw, the feeling is so mutual! Your day was an amazing time and I loved getting to know both of your families! Thank you so much for this heartfelt review Fatima! :)
  • Sarah

Sarah Chlebowski · Married on 07/13/2019

Better than we ever could have hoped!!

I cannot begin to express just how extraordinary Kelly is as a photographer. My husband and I couldn't be happier with the vendors we chose for our wedding, but without a doubt, Kelly Loss was the highlight!

From the moment we met up with her in a coffee shop and were introduced to her fun and spirited personality as well as her meticulous organizational skills, we knew she was the photographer for us. That "click" moment (no pun intended :-)) was key. Not only did we feel like we knew her, but throughout the months leading up to our wedding, she really took the time to get to know us as a couple AND what we envisioned for our day, photography-wise. The last thing I wanted was a photographer who felt pretentious, or just made us feel stressed, especially on an already stressful (but wonderful!!!) day. Kelly embodies the exact opposite of all of that. We knew we could email her with any questions and that she would be receptive. She's just a fun, light-hearted, but wildly focused and organized gal who addressed every single photography need of ours.

Weeks before our wedding we received a structured timeline of the wedding day. SHE put that together. From the pre-ceremony bridal pictures, to the post-ceremony ones, to all of the ones in between, we knew (and more importantly, Kelly knew) the times during which we'd meet and WHO was to meet. I can't tell you how much my type-A personality loved that. That in itself relieved such an incredible amount of stress on our wedding day, that then allowed us to hand over the reins to her so we could just celebrate with our loved ones and not have to worry about timing. Kelly took care of all of that. Both of our type-A personalities needed that structure, just for different reasons. :-) The day of the wedding, she was an absolute DREAM. She and her partner captured such candid photos of moments that we had no idea happened. We have photos of just about every person in attendance that day - some candid, some formal, but all fantastic. I can never thank her enough for that. So many of my friends and family commented, too, on just how dedicated Kelly was. Every so often, I'd catch her squatting down during the reception to capture just the right angles. Talk about dedication, especially in the heat of July!! She was everywhere and anywhere, even when we didn't see her.

Then, the photos... wow, wow, wow. While I knew without question that we chose the right photographer, admittedly, I was nervous to see the photos because I wanted them to turn out well. They're the tangible and visual artifact of that day. And now, I have no idea why I was anxious for even one second. They are stunning. Every time I look at them, I find more favorites. The photos are clean, simple, graceful, and just timeless. And also fun! There isn't one that we don't like. From the lighting, to the angling, to selecting just the right spot, she was Kelly was spot on. The day was everything that we'd hoped and more, but it absolutely flew by; Kelly has allowed us to relive moments that we never wanted to end, and also experience ones that we didn't even know happened.

We cannot celebrate and recommend Kelly Loss enough!!! Future events, we'll choose her. And now, months later, we're still hoping for a double date dinner night to catch up! That's awesome she is. :-)

Sent on 10/13/2019

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

SARAH!!!!! Oh my gosh, I am tearing up reading this! This was the most amazing, sweetest review and I will be forever grateful for this kind, thorough and thoughtful review! And yes - double date dinner is in order for January! (When I start breathing again!) :)
  • Joseph

Joseph Lincoln · Married on 05/03/2019

Personal, professional, productive

Kelly took the time to learn about my wife and I to understand exactly what we wanted for our wedding. She assisted with the planning process of not just the pictures but wherever we needed her. She was very easy to work with and even was able to get our families to sit still long enough to get our group pictures done so we could finally celebrate. We had issues with our DJ, Kelly tried to help with it and took some stress off of my wife on the actual day of the wedding. In the end the biggest part is the pictures and her work speaks for itself. Would I use her again (not that I am think I will need anther wedding photographer), yes, and I recommend if you want your pictures done exactly the way you want and returned in a timely manner you use Kelly. Kelly if you are reading this thank you, you helped make our wedding very special and now we have those moments you captured for us to look back on forever. Thanks for all that you did for the Lincolns.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Joseph, melt my heart, this was the sweetest review! I adored the two of you, the love that poured out of your families and the FUN! I am so excited to see all the adventures the two of you go on! :)

Michelle Schiffer · Married on 03/02/2019

Easy, stress free, professional, wonderful, beautiful.

Kelly Loss is an absolute dream to work with. We had a “get to know you” coffee with her at our home and we felt so at ease chatting with her and letting her get to know us as a couple and as a family. She came to our home to photograph our marriage ceremony and all of our family members loved her, too. She captured beautiful, authentic moments on camera and helped us tell a beautiful story of our special day. I feel lucky to have found Kelly because I want her to capture many more special memories for our family. She is talented, patient, kind and supportive and we appreciate her so much.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Michelle, this melted my heart! I am so thrilled our paths have crossed and I'm super excited to continue documenting your family! :)

Claire · Married on 01/12/2019

Wonderful Photographer

Kelly really wants to know her clients-you're not just a number, she wants to understand you as a couple so that her photos reflect your personalities and priorities. Her photojournalist style was exactly what we were looking for for our wedding. She captured the little moments of our day, from the bride looking down to admire her new ring to guests singing along to their favorite songs. She even stood in the middle of the street getting covered in snow to capture some of our favorite photos from the day. Kelly also rolled with the punches when our portrait location was unexpectedly closed, finding a great nearby alternative at the last minute. Most importantly, she was kind and calm, which is what we needed with those last minute changes and throughout a wedding process! In the end, choosing which photos to print and hang was almost impossible because there were so many good choices. Each photo was special, unique, and perfectly preserved our memory of a wonderful day. We are so pleased that Kelly was part of our wedding!

Sent on 05/26/2019

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

I was so pleased to be a part of YOUR wedding day! What a party! Thank you so much for sharing about your experience with me!

Lindsay T · Married on 11/24/2018

Photographer- wedding and reception

Kelly is simply amazing. The GENUINE care and pride that she takes in her work is incredulous at times. We were worried about the idea of a "stranger" invading the personal space of our wedding and reception; but because of the time that Kelly invests ahead of time in getting to know the couple - and what's important to them- it felt like a friend taking pictures by the time the event took place.
    As a same sex couple, we had another layer of concern as we looked into photographers. Kelly, from the moment we met at Starbucks, treated us as a crazy-in-love couple excited about creating a magical day. She immediately joined our mission and gave us the gift of capturing the magic and joy of our special day. We are incredibly grateful for her and have already recommended her to anyone who will listen. She is a gift.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Lindsay, this is such a sweet message! And you and Cheryl made ME feel like part of your family. It was an incredible honor and joy to photograph your wedding!

Hope · Married on 11/03/2018

Best day ever

We hired Kelly to photograph our Nov. 3 wedding in Alexandria, VA and we couldn't be happier with that decision. From our very first meeting Kelly was kind, professional, and ORGANIZED. Exactly what a bride who has no idea how to plan a wedding needs. Kelly used to be a wedding coordinator with a hotel, and it shows. She came to our first meeting with sample timelines, sample albums, questionnaires, and most importantly, she came with time to chat. You could tell she wanted to really get a sense of who we were as a couple, what kind of day we wanted to have, and how we saw photography fitting into that. Along the way she was incredibly responsive to emails, and even helped me brainstorm the best ideas and most cost effective means of transportation on the day of, which was totally not her job.

One of the things I most appreciated about Kelly is that she didn't try to oversell. Researching photography packages online you would think you need 3 photographers, 12 hours of coverage, 20 outfit changes, 5 locations, etc. Kelly said while we could always add more hours if we wanted to, she thought 7 hours was completely do-able. Quality over quantity, baby. She was totally right. I ultimately didn't need 2 hours of photographs of my girls and I sitting in our pajamas while we got our hair done, and lord knows our guests didn't need pictures from hour 5 of our open bar. Looking at our photos now she captured every single part of our day. The getting ready, first look, ceremony, and most definitely the dancing.

While everything I have mentioned so far are huge perks of having Kelly as your photographer, hands down the best part are the photos. Looking at the pictures she took they so perfectly capture everything we were feeling inwardly, between each other, and with our guests. My husband and I didn't hire a videographer and with Kelly it turns out we definitely didn't need one. Looking at the pictures Kelly took I relive our wedding day over and over again. I'm not sure I stopped laughing or dancing the entire day and Kelly got it all. She captured so many moments of my husband sneaking glances at me, or me at him, and you can just see the love and happiness pouring out of us. Those are the photos I cherish the most. While the portraits she took are beautiful, her strength is definitely in documenting the day and all the candid and private moments that occur. Those candid photos are the ones that are the backgrounds on our phones, that we hung on our walls, and that we randomly text each other to relive that amazing day.

You will not go wrong with hiring Kelly. She was a breeze to work with, her product is beautiful, and she is such a sweet and calm presence to have on your team on a day with so many nerves and emotions. Thank you Kelly for the part you played in helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives, and for giving us the gift of being able to relive it over and over again through your photos.

Sent on 02/06/2019

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Hope and Jason, I started crying reading this, it was so sweet and heartfelt! On top of this, I just loved being a part of your day and living all the fun moments with you! Thank you a million times over for sharing these words with me!

Kristen · Married on 10/20/2018

Talented, Experienced, Professional!

Working with Kelly was fantastic! She has a wonderful personality, put in the time to get to know us as a couple, and was very responsive. She is super organized, knew what we wanted ahead of time, and just blended in during our ceremony and reception. She was also flexible, working with us so that we were within our budget. We really wanted a photographer who would focus on capturing the candid moments and Kelly definitely did that. We are so happy with our pictures and had a lot of fun going through them, reliving the day, and seeing the moments we missed ourselves. Thanks Kelly!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Kristen, your wedding was so awesome, I love how much love and support was there at your wedding day!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply Amazing

I truly cannot describe how amazing working with Kelly was. From the first meeting, my husband and I knew that she would be the perfect fit for our wedding day. What was most apparent, is that Kelly truly cares about her clients and making sure that not just the pictures, but the day is amazing. She was always available to answer any questions I had, regardless of if they were about the photography or just the wedding day/planning as a whole. It was such an amazing bonus to working with her!

I cannot be more in love with the ENTIRE photo package that she gave us. From the moment she walked in until the moment she left, she truly captured every smile, laugh, hug, and precious moment. My husband was not super comfortable with getting professional pictures taken when we started the whole wedding journey, however he loosened up and had a great time and we have to give Kelly an immense amount of credit for that. I cannot say enough great things about how working with Kelly was, and I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Megan, this was the kindest, sweetest review! I loved spending time with the two of you, and your friends and family, they were the best! Much love and happiness to the two of you!

Erica · Married on 10/05/2018

Fantastic from start to finish

From the very start, Kelly was a photographer that both my husband and I could relate to. She was funny, engaging, and we felt completely comfortable around her. Her documentary style captured all of the emotions from our wedding and it is through her photos we can feel the same joy we felt that day. I would recommend Kelly to any couple who is looking for a photographer who can tell their love story!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Erica! I felt the exact same way about the two of you, you were so fun to be around and your families were amazing too!

Jill And Michael · Married on 09/22/2018

Great experience and very easy to work with!!

Photography was one of the most important aspects our our wedding day and we can’t recommend Kelly enough! She was very organized, easy to deal with, and extremely responsive to any questions ahead of time. She also met with us early on and then closer to the day to go through details. She uses her background as an event planner to help come up with schedules, timelines, and back up plans for inclement weather. We had a larger wedding with some semi-complicated logistics/timing and her organization and flexibility were especially helpful. Above all of this, Kelly is someone who easily connects with people. We were very comfortable with her even when camera shy and she quietly photographed throughout the day/night. We loved her photography style and our family photos, ceremony, and reception pictures turned out beautifully. She was able to capture candid moments, joy, emotion, and fun!

Sent on 02/03/2019

A · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful experience!

We can’t say enough great things about Kelly - Matthew and I had the most wonderful experience start to finish and are so happy we found her!! She shot our engagement session, wedding and reception, as well as a separate religious ceremony before our family celebration. By the time our wedding day arrived our entire family knew Kelly on a first name basis and couldn’t wait for her arrival! Kelly is so thoughtful, patient, and caring - it shows in her beautiful work! She truly took the time to learn about what was important to us not only about the day, but also about each other and our families.

Kelly helped us to create a wedding day timeline so thoughtful and seamless, that we were able to relax and enjoy the day without starting at the crack of dawn and spending hours dragging our wedding party around. We were all able to mingle and partake in the atmosphere we worked hard to create!

Kelly and her second photog, Darcy, were so professional on our wedding day - they helped everyone to feel at ease and at times you didn’t even know they were there - all the while snapping up memorable shots left and right! Our coordinator even said they had never worked with such an organized vendor!

We are so grateful to Kelly for all of her hard work and the beautiful images we will have to share with loved ones for the rest of our lives! We can’t to work with her again!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Awww, thank you so much, this just melts my heart! :) I loved sharing in all the celebrations with your family - and what a wedding! (And who thought a hurricane could interrupt it!)
  • Blair

Blair · Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely recommend Kelly's wonderful work!

Kelly Walsh Loss captured my wedding perfectly and I absolutely recommend her and her work. I first contacted her because I fell in love with her portfolio. You could feel the love in every shot. From first contact to well after the wedding, Kelly made me feel like my wedding was a priority. She was professional, kept in touch throughout the planning process, and was incredibly easy to work with. The day of she was calm and on top of things (brides - this is so important), quietly captured beautiful moments between us and our friends and family, and went above and beyond to get us some very special shots, including standing out in the pouring rain for a bit. Like I said, above and beyond. It's true what they say about your wedding day going by in a blur. Kelly's photos allowed me to revisit that day and linger on all of the sweet moments, which is such a gift. You will not regret investing in Kelly's beautiful work.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Blair, this melts my heart! You and Davis were so much fun to photograph - I could have stayed at your wedding all night, it was a blast! 😍

Melissa · Married on 08/04/2018

Kelly Walsh Loss Photography did a fantastic job at our wedding! The photographs Kelly took of our special day captured memories that we will cherish for a lifetime. Kelly's previous event planning experience shines as she walks you through every moment of your wedding from getting ready to the last dance. Kelly worked closely with us to accommodate our requests and and did a wonderful job of documenting our wedding. We are very happy with the finished product and highly recommend Kelly Walsh Loss Photography for your big day!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Melissa, thank you for the sweetest review! I had so much fun on your wedding day!

Alice · Married on 06/30/2018

We love our wedding photos! No, really, we LOVE our wedding photos. How do we even begin to review Kelly and her incredible work?! We knew from the start that she would be a great fit when she simply asked if we could meet her at a coffee shop, fill out some questionnaires, and discuss who we are and what we are looking for in a wedding photographer. She genuinely wanted to know us and our story. Kelly is compassionate, caring, and deeply talented. Because of her true care for the people she works with, her photographs capture the magnitude of the day, the beauty of the families and friends, the small details that we would have otherwise forgotten (i.e. even this bride’s calendars and to-do lists posted on the fridge), and so very much joy and laughter. Her specialty is candid action shots (and they’re genius), but don’t let that fool you…her portraits and more formal shots are beautiful. She puts people at ease with her calm and competent demeanor and she is not intrusive or pushy in any way. She thinks through every moment of the day and ensures that nothing is lost on her camera roll (plus, it doesn’t hurt that she’s a former event planner – so she just “gets” the flow of the day and can anticipate where she needs to be at different points so that she didn’t miss a minute). In essence, she is an excellent communicator who empathizes with her clients and immerses herself in the environment to capture the mood - and she happens to take absolutely beautiful photographs.

You will love working with Kelly. You will cherish her work. You will miss chatting with her when the wedding is over.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Alice, the love is so mutual, I enjoyed every moment of your day, AND I know we are kindred spirits with calendars and to do lists! :)

Maggie · Married on 06/23/2018

Kelly,

I am at a loss for words on how to thank you for the photos of Mary-Kate & Daniel’s wedding. They are just unbelievable. Every moment of the day was captured beautifully. You were so kind, even with the amateurs in your way (lol). Most of the photos were taken so discreetly we didn’t even realize you were there! You are one talented photographer!!

I hope you enjoyed your time with our crazy family. We sure enjoyed you. I hope our paths cross again some day.

Blessings to you and your family!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Maggie, I loved photographing your daughter's wedding! The energy, the excitement, and your family... they were all amazing and made photographing all of you that much more fun! Much love!

Mary-Kate · Married on 06/23/2018

I cannot speak highly enough of Kelly. She did such an amazing job capturing my wedding. It was quite a long day so I am extra appreciative of the efforts made by Kelly to catch every minute. I am notoriously camera shy so when picking a photographer I was pretty nervous. Kelly matched my vibe immediately. She listened to what was important to me and made sure to note anything in particular my husband and I needed from her. We met a few times before the big day and hashed out portraits/ideas. It made things so easy the day of because I knew what to expect from that part of the day.She even distributed a schedule to each of our vendors so that everyone was on the same page. I did not have a wedding planner so this extra service was particularly useful to me. Kelly made my husband and I feel comfortable in from of the camera and was so good that most of the time I didnt notice she was there...leading to so pretty amazing candid shots of us with our families. I couldnt have asked for more. Highly recommend her services!!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Mary-Kate! Aww... thank you so much for the kind review! I felt like a part of your family that day, it was such a joy to spend time with all of you! You and Daniel were an amazing couple that made my job so easy. I loved every minute of the day!

Morgan · Married on 06/02/2018

Kelly was an amazing photographer for our engagement photos and wedding day! From the start, she was responsive, super friendly, straightforward and clearly interested in getting to know us. Kelly and I met up for coffee after work and I immediately felt at ease with her personality and joy for what she does! She had great examples to show me and we went through the whole process. Her pricing was the most reasonable of any of the photographers I met with during wedding planning and I loved that it was super upfront and flexible. Approaching the wedding day, my now husband and I met with Kelly to discuss the timeline, family dynamics and our shot list and she had great recommendations! She was very reassuring that we could get everything done that we wanted and really put me at ease that I would not have to stress about the photography for our wedding day. She was always responsive to my questions via e-mail. I was so worried about the rain expected on our day and I can't believe that we pulled off exactly what I wanted - bridal party shots indoors and then wedding portraits at the monuments on the national mall (despite the drizzle)! On the wedding day, we met our second photographer who was also great and they both were such a calming presence. Kelly kept to the timeline so I didn't have to and she was brilliant with our bridal party and family members. We LOVE our photos and love her style! She really captured the emotions of the day and no photos look staged or stuffy which is exactly what we wanted. She brilliantly captured a group photo of all of our guests on the dance floor which we will treasure forever. What I most love about our wedding photos is that the ceremony photos really capture the intimacy and emotion of that time and the reception photos really capture the fun and joy we shared with our family and friends.

I can't recommend Kelly highly enough - I mean look at these stunning photos!!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Morgan, this is such a sweet review - and I love how you shared the entire process! (As you know, I love a good flow to the day!) Your family, friends and love for each other was so much fun to capture. I would be happy to join you all a again any day! Much love and hugs to you both!

Emily · Married on 04/14/2018

When it came to planning our wedding, photography was one of the most important things for me. I wanted to be able to remember not only the detail of the day, but the true emotions of how we (and our family & friends) felt. Kelly nailed it. From the beginning, Kelly was responsive and organized. I loved getting to meet with her and do our engagement photos. She was super helpful in developing the timeline of our day and organizing between vendors since we didn't have an outside planner. On our wedding day she felt like one of our guests, she wasn't distracting and helped the day flow so smoothly. She really values the importance of allowing us to enjoy our day, not just spend time taking photos (although I love taking photos!) I was THRILLED when we received our photo gallery. She captured all of the most important moments and I was amazed by the range of emotions that she captured. It felt like I was reliving each moment by going through the photos. It is nearly impossible to pick just a few favorites. I will cherish them for years to come. If you want an organized, down to earth photographer who will capture the spirit of your day- Kelly is for you!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

EMILY! Thank you for your kind words - your wedding was so much fun, I could celebrate it over and over! You two were amazing and I loved how open and caring you were with not only each other but all of your guests! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me the pleasure to photograph your wedding!

Darian · Married on 12/21/2017

All the Joy

My biggest thing I wanted for my wedding was the photographer. I feel like that's what holds all the memories after the day is done. Kelly did an amazing job with working with us since we were long distance. And the biggest thing I loved is she captured ALL THE JOY! The laughs, giggles, giddiness and happy tears ! She captured it and that was amazing!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Darian! Oh my gosh, this is the sweetest review! I had so much fun capturing all of you, your husband and your family JOY! :)

Carolyn · Married on 12/16/2017

Kelly was by far our best Wedding Wire find! My fiancé and I planned a Catholic-Jewish wedding on a tight budget while in medical school...I can confidently say that our big day would not be as amazing as it was without Kelly. As soon as I meet with Kelly I knew she was exactly the relaxed but organized fun loving photographer I was looking for. Kelly was very considerate of our budget, helped us nail down our timeline and coordinate between vendors and family members on the big day. Before the big day we had an engagement shoot with Kelly in Old Town Alexandria and felt immediately comfortable with her behind the camera. We just got the wedding photos back and she captured all they love and joy in the documentary style we were looking for. We will look back on these photos with a smile on our faces for years to come! Thank you so much, Kelly!

Sent on 01/26/2018

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

CAROLYN! You made me tear up reading this - but your family, and friends, were just the coolest most exciting people ever! It was an honor to celebrate with you all - and I can't wait to see all the fun adventures in store for you!